342099posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Joan, well done on the Nordic walking and the healthy diet plan! - I live up to my forum name I'm sorry to say, so really enjoy my evening glass of red wine, think I would really miss it if had to abandon it! Am very good in other ways and have quite a healthy diet and walk a lot( trying hard to make myself feel better about it!!).
Enjoy your swimming tomorrow 🏊, .
Your little granddaughter sounds very sweet, hope she manages her turn in the spotlight! It is quite over awing for the little ones- and the big ones too!
Highlighted

Rosie, sorry you had such a rubbish nights sleep. Have they given you any cream/gel to use on the burn. Being so worried about your dad also doesn't put you in the right place for peaceful sleep. Glad you got your kitchen cupboards sorted out. We've been trying to de-clutter over the last few weeks, though I have to confess I'm the hoarder and husband is more minimalist. We also still have loads of stuff left behind from two daughters who seem to regard here as their free storage facility!

Lovewine, your poor dad has really been through the mill, that wound sounds grim. It is going to be a really worrying time for you when he does come home. Both you and Rosie are having to grapple with that horrible dilemma, balancing an older persons safety, which would be best protected in hospital or residential care, with their independence and wanting to be at home. What a shame you are having another nurse to do the Herceptin; I hope she is at least as good as the first one. I very much enjoyed the Nordic walking, although it was a very gentle introduction. Will go again. The diet is a healthy one, aimed at reducing fluctuations in blood sugar levels. But it does seem quite complicated. And wine doesn't appear to be anywhere in there!

Lisa, I hope you don't have to wait very long to see the gynaecologist and the psycho-oncologist (then you can enlighten us on what one is). I can't imagine that the reactions you have had are so unusual that no-one has come up with anything to help. Perhaps complementary therapies might be available. Well done for swimming 15 lengths. I managed 10 on my first time back after 9 months so was very pleased with myself. Am planning to go again tomorrow and hope to up it a bit.

Wildpurl, hope you are feeling less down today.

Cassie, glad you enjoyed your trip away. How old is your budding thespian grandson? My 4 year old granddaughter, who is quite confident in other ways, hates being looked at. She is going to be a bird in the nativity play! Can't remember anything about them in the bible story. I guess the teacher thought if she can't face going on no-one will notice the absence.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes I totally understand that!! My dad's ward is just opposite he cancer building and every time I visit I can see into windows of chemo / radiotherapy send oncology wards- it makes me feel sick just looking at it and really didn't expect to be seeing the building quite so soon again😥
I have to have another echo scan at end of this month, so the appointments still continue😥
Highlighted
Community Champion

No Lovewine as I have to go and get heart echo,done again and to be honest I just don't feel like walking in another hospital at the moment. I guess I will have to next week!!!😬
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Rosie, yes it is indeed a very stressful time for us both🙀 it would be lovely to wake up with no worries and even better to sleep for a full night! Am worried mum will give in to the stress soon too.
Must say I agree with you - I hate clutter too!
Do you have any idea yet when your herceptin starts?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine sounds like your poor dad's surgery was very extensive no,wonder he is so low do hope he gets home soon and your mum is able to cope! We are both experiencing a highly stressful time that we could without👎.
Most of my kitchen cupboards have now been sorted and I had a throw out. Can only do this when DH is out because he is a hoarder and I am a minimalist!!!!
What a nuisance having a different nurse on Thursday she will ask all the same questions! 😵
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning all, oh Rosie, that is a real worry to have your dad at home overnight alone, I laid awake last night wondering how my dad can come home when he can't get up the stairs or to the toilet and yet he is desperately depressed and wants to come home😧 nurses removed the long bandage on his arm were they removed vein in it to graft on to leg- it's like a Frankenstein film, from his beck to his twist there is a large gash held together by enormous staples and that's before you even get me started on his leg!
Hope you restore order to your cupboards today, know what you mean about just throwing things in!

Lisa, how frustrating you couldn't get any answers, no idea what a physco oncologist is either other than maybe counselling us after the Sh-t of cancer! I know with menopause symptoms some small changes can help with symptoms but not sure if we are allowed to use these after cancer, I know I used a strange device called a lady magnet and it worked wonders for sweats, but this was before cancer and not sure if you can use after treatment, also found soya milk helped instead of cows milk, sorry you are suffering with these unpleasant symptons😟

Wildpurl, the postman will be busy delivering your parcels after your O/H s spree! Seems a few of us are feeling a bit fed up and " down" at the moment. I certainly do, am starting to feel really anxious about every little ache and pain and wondering how to live with the constant monitoring of my own aches and pains without fearing the worst 😒 back to rubbish TV viewing, my new favourite is " posh people!"!!

I seem to be keeping the dreaded cold off for the moment, long may it last! I have my herceptin on Thursday, that hasn't helped my mood either as have to talk for 2 hours to nurse again- different one this time too, know how hairdressers must feel now continually asking" where are you going on holiday and are you going out tonight!", must become very tedious!

Have good days everyone, Rosie, hope you can get better sleep with your expanders tonight too😴
Have good days everyone 👍
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!😴
I didn't have a very good night my burn under my arm is sore and the port on the left tissue expander felt like a stone bruising my side. When I did sleep I had 2 nightmares! I have a friend coming to see me this morning and this afternoon my cleaner is coming and I am going to,get her to help me sort the kitchen cupboards because I am still having to throw everything in due to tight tissue expanders! Yesterday I managed knock the fire extinguisher off the edge of the shelf and the top broke. I waited anxiously to see if it was going to pour out!
Hope the rubbish TV cheered you up Wildpurl📺. Funnily enough we have produced a Christmas newsletter for many years and put it in the cards. Each year our list had dwindled and I have 12 to post 9 of those are family and I have just written a note in the others! Such a depressing year apart form the wedding in August and that was an against all odds trip!!!
Lisa glad you finish on the 19th too😏
I am not surprised you were upset when he said there was nothing he could do you have been through so much this year and to have a professional tell you that must have been the last straw. 😡 I am angry for you! Glad your swim made you feel better and I have no idea what an psycho oncologist is!😕
Tlj hope your Christmas Fair went well. Joan how is the get fit week going? Cassie hope work is not too busy!
Jackie have you resolved your return to work?
Lovewine hope you haven't got the cold and hope your dad is improving.
Latest report from my sister last night dad was very tired and fed up. They are moving him back home and my sister has had to get 4 lots of carers in a day. He will be alone overnight which neither of us are happy about.we both wanted him to go into the nursing home but he was insistent he would like to go home to get some peace and quiet! He has a room booked from 19th Dec for a month as it is over the road from my sister's and it will be easier for her during the school holiday. The room is available form now we are just waiting to see how he gets on. He can't get to the bathroom without help he goes dizzy and faint when he stands. He is I believe going home with a catheter so that will help! As I said to my sister if he really gets in a fix in the night he can pull the red cord and the ambulance will come if he doesn't speak and take him back to hospital! Oh dear what a worry!😟
Highlighted

Good evening everyone, yes not long until Xmas break,🎄🎄🎅🎁 we finish on the 19th too, looking forward to 2 weeks off. Well, today wasn't much use really, although I suppose I can get out of my head that it's tamoxifen that's causing the symptoms because they've not been any different whilst I've not been taking it, therefore it looks like it's severe menopausal symptoms caused by the chemo. The oncologist has referred me to a gynaecologist (again) and a psycho oncologist - I'm presuming this is because I ended up in tears😥 when he said there was nothing he could do to help ... Stupid but it just happened, is it not enough to have had the cancer, chemo and rads ... Other crappy symptoms just seem unfair 😡at least there was an end to chemo ! End of rant, am feeling slightly better as I've just swam 15 lengths which I was pleased with. 🏊🏊🏊🏊 Sorry to just pop up and moan but I guess we all use the forum differently, thanks for listening 👂... What is a Psycho oncologist anyway ?👀😮
Highlighted

I love "A place in the sun - home or away" Lovelwine and watched it loads while off work earlier this year.

I'm feeling tired and discouraged this evening, I think I will watch some rubbish evening TV to cheer me up. 

OH is in full present buying swing at the moment, his fingers are a blur on the keyboard as he places amazon orders LOL

I have started writing a newsletter to send out instead of christmas cards.

Hope you manage to fight off the cold, Lovewine, and rosie dont you just love those mornings when you can sleep in a bit, you deserve some rest and recuperation after all those long bus journeys.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear Lovewine! 😕
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes I certainly don't need a bloody cold on top of everything else Rosie! And O/H does have man flu!! Huffing and puffing and looking pained😲!
Highlighted
Community Champion

I hope you don't get the cold Lovewine you could do without that! I hope OH hasn't got man flu?!!!!😷
Highlighted
Community Champion

Afternoon ladies, Lisa, hope your oncologist could help- is yours a man who is Italian? Name begins with B?, that is who I see or his registrar whose name rhymes with trams!! Interestingly I have noticed my sweats and also migraines have got worse too in last few weeks, I had menopause last year!!

Rosie, you can't beat a bit of rubbish t,v in the afternoon, I am watching a " a place in the sun, home or away!" As I type this- either North Yorkshire or Italy!! I am so cold I have lit my wood burner, O/h has a cold so think I'm getting it that's why I'm so cold😩

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon Lovewine yes I have dried my washing although there are some black clouds threatening now from over the hills! I have started writing Christmas cards but got fed up with it so having a break watching some rubbish tv!
Lovewine you seem to have got in the Christmas spirit by looking at the online shop!!! Hope your day at work wasn't too bad.
Lisa sorry to hear that stopping the medication hasn't sorted out your sweats! Hope the oncologist could sort you out!
Don't worry about posting when you are feeling low that's what we are all here for!
Not long till the end of term now when do you break up? Our school finishes on Dec 19th. Hope your day gets better.😼
Highlighted

Morning all,
Jackie I'd definitely recommend a slow return to work I'm still only on 4 short days and I started back mid sept.
Lovewine hope your dad starts to improve, it's horrible having to visit in hospital. Rosie must be lovely to have a leisurely morning hope the expanders sort themselves out soon.
Well I'm sat at hospital waiting for oncologist appt. to see whether he can help re menopausal symptoms. I've had a 4 week break from tamoxifen to see if it's that or chemo induced ... Have noticed absolutely no difference same amount of sweats, possibly worse ... So waiting to see what he says cos I can't keep on like this 😞 sorry only seem to post on here when I feel rubbish.
Hope everyone else is ok, have a good day all
Lisa
Highlighted
Community Champion

Have just looked on this charity's online shop, ordering my cards, some mugs and an apron plus more goodies later!!😄
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning Rosie, business as usual now then!! At least your washing can dry! I have to use tumble dryer as it's been so damp and wet. I found that my skin was more red and itchy just after rads had finished , lasted about 2 weeks, it's very tempting to keep scratching it! Sorry your expanders are playing up , expect it is the flying, hope they settle down soon, I will order my cards too from this website! Hate writing Christmas cards though😬 have a easy day today if you can!!

Cassie, glad you enjoyed your visit to Norfolk, what a joy your grandson must be!, I am really looking forward to being a grandma, don't think it will be for a while yet though- hope I'm still around to be one!! I know that's pretty negative but can't seem to plan further than next week- so much for positive thinking! Have a good week at work- at least you are warmer this week!

Wildpurl, good luck with your working week too😄
Jackie, as others said take it easy and maybe do phased return like Lisa to ease back into school!!
Kirstie, Joan, Tij, tulamo, Lisa another week begins, have a good one👍

I am off to work, worrying about dad and trying to be more upbeat!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Forgot to say tissue expanders have gone even tighter possibly flying? Also I am very burnt under my arm in the lymph node area. Apart from that rather red and itchy like sun burn. Have been using the powder they gave me have tried Aloe Vera gel today!
Got the washing out and it's only 20- 9 it's going to be a long day!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
It felt so good to have a 6am alarm instead of 5. I have just enjoyed a cup of tea without having to rush to get up. DH will be off to work at 7.15 he is out with the dog at the moment. It is milder outside than in our house. I am going to have to run the electric heater until I get the log burner going later today. Oh dear we are going to run up the electric bill while I am home!
Cassie glad you had a good weekend in Norfolk with family!
Hope all you ladies going to work to day find the strength. I may have to write our Christmas cards today as it will take a while for them to get to UK. They are form this website I ordered them and my daughter brought them over with her at half term.
Take it easy pace yourselves especially you Joan!!!!
Wildpurl hope this week ends your uncertainty on the job front and provides you with the right job for you.
Lovewine hope dad will be feeling a little stronger today.
Jackie don't rush back to work if you aren't ready go part time to start with and see how it goes.
Highlighted

Hello Ladies,

Just back from my trip to Norfolk to see my grandson and my daughter and partner, all was lovely and I helped to put up the christmas tree and decorations, I am not sure I will bother with any myself this year as I will not be in London for christmas. My grandson tells me he is going to be Joseph in the christmas play, bless him he had to audition by singing and apparently he sang jingle bells, I tried to get a rendition but no luck.

Sorry your Dad's are still weak and frail, I know it is very difficult to see them like that and to deal with the frailty in someone we have seen active and strong and looked up to all our lives.

Cassie x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you Lovewine! Sorry that your dad was feeling down today it is very difficult to see them in this state. My poor old dad is very tired all the time and sleeps a lot. He can't move off the bed by himself and is dependant on others to look after him. He has always been so independent and it is heartbreaking to see in this state.
Joan good luck with the get fit week don't overdo it! I agree,with your comment about going back to work and feeling out of touch - things move on! There are pupils,and parents that I dont recognise at our school and even members of staff!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Joan , the exhibition sounds very interesting, glad you enjoyed yourself, what kind of diet are you planning- a healthy eating one ? Would quite like some tips!! Good luck with Nordic walking, I know it's a very good form of exercise- when I saw oncologist for heart scan results he thought I was a runner because my heart was thankfully quite good, I walk very quickly every day with my dogs- mainly because I am usually running late for work!! He said that's why then as it's such a good form of exercise. Have a good, energetic week!
Highlighted

Lovewine, sorry our posts must have crossed so I missed your update on your dad. It's great that he's doing better and out of intensive care. The prosthesis is good, quite comfortable and I think looks ok when I'm dressed. But it does make me really aware of how much tissue was removed so I am still thinking I will ask about reconstruction. Shame about the oven; hope you like your new one and we're pleased with the muffins.

Wildpurl, what a lot you have to think about at the moment with prospective surgery as well as everything going on in the work field. I shouldn't think there can be much space in your head for Xmas. I have just spent half an hour wrestling with an on line diet planner. The video which was supposed to explain it all was incredibly complicated so I'm going to wimp out and download the text version.

Rosie, how lovely to come back to 21 degrees and sunshine. It must have been so difficult leaving your dad when he is so unwell but great that you were able to get to see him. We had a lovely day in London, thank you. The Rembrandt exhibition was absolutely stunning.its such a tragedy to think that someone who was able to produce such amazing pictures died in poverty.

Jackie, how soon are you expecting to have to go back to work? It sounds as if you are May not be ready yet. On the other hand it could also be a question of confidence. I have been to a few work related meetings recently and come away feeling really out of touch and pretty useless. It's not surprising to feel this way I know but working out how to overcome it is another matter. Is your life after Cancer thing a single day course or spread out. I have put my name down for one but don't know yet when it will be.

This is the week when I am going to start getting fit again! Tomorrow morning it's swimming and Tuesday Nordic walking. Wednesday will depend on how I got on the first two days! Hopefully I will also have got to grips with the on line diet planner!

Good weeks everyone.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies, welcome home Rosie, I have visited dad this afternoon, it's going to be a long process, he's very weak and tearful today- hard to see your strong , dependable dad that way isn't it.
Wildpurl, good luck next week with your work next week, it will be a relief for you when you have your new position and can be more settled- good luck with it all, incidentally I have made Jamie Oliver's veggie chilli again today!! Have also added cashew nuts and pistachios to it and it's really nice! Have also made Jamie's chicken and vegetable soup that's really good too!! Enjoy opening your first day on calendar tomorrow!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl i won't be doing too much tomorrow! A few household chores and a little shopping. Do hope everything works out for the best for you re the job front. Good luck with seeing your surgeon I have to see mine before Christmas as I want a date for taking these wretched tissue expanders out and putting in the implants!
Highlighted

Welcome back rosie, I hope you will be able to get a bit of a rest next week and gradually ease yourself back into normal life. I've bought my online advent calendar from jacquie lawson, I had problems installing it but after an hour of restarting, deleting cache, turning off real time scanning etc etc I maanged to get it to work. So that feels a bit Christmassy!

I have had some ideas for presents but need to get on and buy some things! I am also doing secret santa for OH, my son and daughter, which we always do when they are staying with us for Christmas. I am hoping to get some things for that from the village Christmas market next week.

I'm dreading next week if I'm honest, as I have three more jobs to apply for, quite a lot of things to finish off from my current job and I have to start finding useful things to do on this new project I have been asked to help with. I am also seeing my breast surgeon to agree dates etc for getting the prophylactic mx done on the left side, which I am hoping to have done earlyish next year. 

Although I am glad I have some job options, I don't know which one I would really like to choose (assuming I get offered them all) as they all have disadvantages and advantages and I am not sure which I would prefer. This in istelf is quite stressful, as I keep changing my mind about which I think is the best option.

Lovewine, I hope your Dad is doing well and continuing to improve and that your new oven will be installed soon.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening from Cyprus! It was 21 degrees and sunny when we landed so that cheered me up! Didn't like leaving dad it's just a matter of time bless him. As you said Lovewine it is horrid to see you dad in such a state.😥
Wildpurl hope you enjoyed your trip to the gym how are your Christmas plans going?
Lovewine glad your son is continuing to go and visit his mates all part of the healing process. Hope you got your new oven what an end to a week for you! When it rains it pours!!!!
Jackie gossip travels fast people love to pass on information I can understand how you feel about. DH talks to random passengers on the plane and I can hear him talking about my cancer and it makes me cringe Imdont say anything because I think he is very proud of me for the way I have tackled it!
Hope the fish and chips compensated for poor TV!
Joan I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your daughter in London!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jackie, hope you enjoyed your fish and chips- sound very nice, making me feel hungry! Me too for rubbish Saturday night t.v. I quite agree in not wanting to draw attention to your illness, I live in a village and recently everyone seems to be talking about how I am getting on, even when I go in local co op the staff in there all want to talk about it-I know people are very kind but sometimes I only want to grab my milk and get out!!
Must say your return to work sounds pretty daunting to me! Hope you manage to sort out your planned Cyprus venture😄
Hope everyone else has had a good Saturday
I am taking mum in to hospital tomorrow to visit dad again, he was a little better today again and has managed to eat a small amount, still has a long way to go though, m
We picked up oven, so waiting for it to be fitted, then will bake some muffins to christen it🍪
Rosie, thinking of you, hope your trip has helped you and your dad in some way, it is very hard for you being away from family when they are so ill - really feel for you, sending you a hug x
Highlighted

Evening everyone,

Lovewine - great news that your dad has been moved - a very good sign. I hope he's feeling a bit more like himself. We know ourselves how stressful it is being in hospital so I'm not surprised he was feeling emotional. Rubbish your oven packed in - an added expense you could do without. On the work front, I really don't feel ready to go back. I'm not sure whether I have the stamina for it and there are 2 new members of the senior leadership team and a new head - so am wondering where I'll fit in! My arm is still painful to touch - someone gave me a friendly squeeze the other day and it was all I could do to stop myself from calling out! OH has arranged for estate agents to come around next week to discuss sale or rent. We have rented our house before and had our fingers badly burned with a non-paying tenant, so we'll see. Still no jobs to apply for.
Joan - the centre sounds very good. We have a Maggie's centre here - sounds very similar - although I have yet to find mine - set off for a LGFB course and couldn't find it. I think group sessions are very supportive. Ive signed up for a life after cancer type thing and am hoping it's good. Enjoy your trip to London and the exhibition.
Rosie - it must have been distressing to see the physical state of your dad - sorry, but I hope your whirlwind visit was a tonic to you both. Safe journey home
Wildpurl - hope you enjoyed your day.
I've had a slow day. Swimming with Ol in the morning then a little bike ride and short walk with the dogs in pm. I was unhappy to find out that a lady in the visit has recently found out about my illness. I've told very few people, as hate to be the centre of any gossip. Just waiting for my fish and chips now before settling down for rubbish Saturday night TV! X x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies, Rosie, reassuring to find your dad is still mentally active, but sad he is frail and weak, he must have been delighted to see you, you must be worn out yourself now! Have a safe trip home hopefully with no hold ups!
Joan, your trip to the centre yesterday sounds really relaxing, not sure if we have anything like that here, might look into it, enjoy your exhibition today.
Wildpurl, yes is agree on Christmas cards and price of stamps! I am also pottering , have taken son to train station as he is visiting London friends again, walked dogs over fields which resemble a swamp now! O/H working until 2.00 o.m then driving back to town to collect our new oven we have had to buy as old one gave up this week, just to add to stress of the week!
Highlighted

Morning all, very glad to hear your Dad is improving Lovewine. Rosie, take care of yourself! Good to hear that you have seen your Dad and that he is of sound mind and doing OK. I bet he was really pleased to see you.
Enjoy your exhibition Joan!

I'm off to the gym as usual in a few minutes, then some more pottering and housework. Really need to do some Christmas planning! Also just learned price of 2nd class stamps. Don't think I will be sending any Christmas cards this year.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Will catch up,with threads when I get home tomorrow.
Dad is very weak, frail and thin but his brain is still pretty good. Was in bed yesterday. Going to see him again this afternoon before we have to head back to Manchester!!!! What a weekend!
Lovewine glad your dad is feeling a little better hope he continues to improve each day!
Love to you all x
Highlighted

Lovewine, it must be awful to see your dad so poorly. It is not surprising that he feels he can't face anymore, he had been through so much. I hope, as the immediate effects of the surgery and the drugs wear off that he is less distressed. My father had an aneurism when he was 79 and spent several weeks oscillating between intensive care and high dependency so I have some idea what you are going through.

Rosie, belated congratulations on finishing rads, pity it had to be so difficult. Glad your journey went well, hope you are not feeling too exhausted. Your dad is going to be so pleased to see you.

Wildpurl,it sounds as if you have lots of people wanting you to apply for jobs with them. As you say you still have to apply but clearly you are held in high regard.

TiJ, if you have to wait in for a delivery waiting for a box of champagne beats waiting for the plumber! What a lovely idea to say thank you to your friends, I'm sure they will be most appreciative. I travelled back on the train from cardiff this evening in the company of two very merry ladies who were celebrating something with a bottle of pink fizz (to which they had added raspberries) and accompanying it with a large box of greggs sausage rolls and pasties. They even had wine glasses and napkins. Not a sight you normally see on a Friday evening computer train. Not surprisingly they became a bit noisy, I was really glad I had my i-pad and headphones.

On Thursday I went to the Penny Brohn Cancer care centre, which some of you may remember me talking about before. I find just going there incredibly calming and restorative and although there seemed to have been some mix up about the dates, so that one of sessions I had booked, a cookery demonstration, wasn't on, somehow it didn't really matter, I just wandered around the garden, sat in the library and generally chilled out. Then there was a lovely group session, led by the guy I had for shiatsu, which was all about becoming aware of your body. Although intellectually I baulk at some of this I confess it was really relaxing, and it was good to be in a group. Next Tuesday I'm going to have a go at Nordic walking. Come January, when I need to get back into work properly, there is going to be less time for all this but in the meantime...

Have good weekends everyone. I'm off to London to meet up with eldest daughter and her partner and go to the Rembrandt exhibition.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Meant scrum not scum!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening everyone, been to visit dad again and he is out of intensive care and back on vascular ward, he is a lot better than he was last night -thankfully, although still very emotional and held my hand all through my visit, I felt very sad and emotional too, time will tell now what happens in next few days,
Rosie, hope your dad is holding his own? How is he ? And how are you!? Must be very difficult for you too right now. Sending you a big hug too x

Wildpurl hope you had a nice day off- hope you were not tempted to join the scum for bargains " Black Friday!" I have just watched on the news!!

Jackie, good to hear you are returning to work, normality is reassuring! Do you feel ready now to return? I know you have a demanding job ,also how are the Cyprus plans progressing ?

Joan, how are you getting on with prothesis? Hope you are having a quieter week after babysitting duties last week!

Kirstie, Tij, cassie, tulamo , Lisa, have nice weekends whatever your plans!
Highlighted

Lovewine - lots if big hugs.   It is very distressing seeing someone you love dearly in such a state - and you must hold onto the fact that it is the drugs influencing your dad.  Hope your mum and sister are holding up too. X x

Rosie. -Glad you have artived safely and hope all the travelling ensured you git a goid nights sleep.  Enjoy your precious time with your dad

Wildpurl - yes you deserve a restful day tidsy sfter your budy week and thats good news re other appriaches.   

I emailed school re my return to work and they want to set up a meeting with OH to discuss it.

Hope everyone has good days x x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine arrived in Manchester safely last night. I have 20 free mins wifi!
Travelling down to Ludlow today to see dad.
I am thinking of you Lovewine what an awful worry for you I do hope that you will get better news soon. Sending big hugs! X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Just a quick update on my dad- took mum and sister in to see him, quite upsetting really as he is in high dependency and very emotional and kept saying he wanted to " go" and had had enough of pain and fighting, of course we all found that really hard to listen too, realise that after surgery and with the morphine etc he isn't himself, he has really been through a tough time, 2 operations in 12 hours , blood transfusions and now in high dependency, he is nearly 80 but I still can't bear the thought of him not being around.
I really appreciate all your support and kind words-thank you x

Rosie, am thinking of you too tonight and your dad.
Highlighted

Evening everyone, I am indeed glad it is Friday tomorrow! I am planning to potter about doing a few things and then go swimming and have a sauna, which will be the first time since starting chemo. I am really looking forward to it. This week has been really busy! Since my interview I have been approached by two other people with jobs they would like me to apply for, which I am pleased about. I am beginning to think I will probably be OK although I still have to go through applying and interviews for each job.
Rosie well done on finishing your rads, bit stressful though, but glad you got away on time. I hope that you have a good weekend and get to spend lots of time with your Dad.
Lovewine, so sorry to hear of all the stress you and your family are going through, you must be so worried about your Dad. I hope you get better news soon.
Kirstie I looked at your photo today and your hair looks lovely!
I had my hair trimmed again on Wednesday and it looks a lot better now, almost like normal hair LOL. She said I can now blow dry it, so I am going to colour it and then blow dry it so it is smoother and maybe I will stop wearing my wig to work if I think it looks OK.

Highlighted

Lovewine, thinking of you. Hope you get good news about your dad.
Highlighted

Yeah Rosie I hope you enjoyed every sip of that wine x

Lovewine I hope the call brings positive news x thinking of you x
Highlighted
Community Champion

All the best Rosie for your trip,well done for finishing rads!! X thinking of you with seeing your dad.
My dad is still in high dependency unit, he had to be rushed back into theatre in the night to have something corrected apparently, he is being closely monitored as he isn't as stable as they want him to be, so still very worrying for us all.
Tij, hope your champagne delivery arrived, what a nice treat for your friends! Also how was the Christmas fair? Am sure it was a success and got you into Christmas mood! I agree with stamina levels, mine are still rubbish, I find it very frustrating.
Wildpurl, bet you are relieved it's Friday tomorrow after your busy week, hope you have some relaxing things planned?
Well, am due to ring hospital again at 6.00 to see how dads doing, catch up later.
Cassie, Joan, Jackie, Lisa, tulamo, Kirstie, hope you are ok.
Highlighted
Community Champion

At Paphos airport having second glass of wine ! 🍷🍷xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Alice🙋
Highlighted

Rosie, just dropping in from February to say well done on completing your rads marathon! Sorry you had such a stressful final day - have a safe journey and hope you can relax a bit next week.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lisa glad you are ok and good that you touched base with us again!
Lovewine really hope you hear good news of your dad today and that he is as comfortable as possible.
Don't worry about not getting in the Christams spirit yet you have too much going on! We don't put up any decs here because we are never here for Christmas. The earliest we ever put tree up when the kids were little was the week before Christmas and I always had it down New Year's Day!
Yes last bus trip over it has seemed a very long time. My last day was very stressful I was waiting for my number to come up,and ladies after me where going in so I went and asked why. She said I had a delay!!! I sat for a bit longer still wasn't called so went and asked the other receptionist and she said I had an appointment with the doctor in outpatients at 9.30am. This was the first I had heard of this why didn't the first receptionist tell me. Well I waited 40 mins to,see the doctor by now I am really stressing because the bus goes just after 11 and I still had to go down to rads!when I got into the doctor and she asked me how I was I told her I was stressed with the events of the morning and she phoned the rads dept and told them to take me next. When I got downstairs my number was up but there were 2 people waiting to go in to my machine. I got in at 10 to 11 and was upstairs by 11.05. Managed to grab a coffee and I had promised myself a cake on the last day and instead of sitting down
to enjoy it I had to wait in the queue to be assured of getting a seat on the first bus. The second one doesn't leave until 1.00 so I wouldn't get home until nearly 3.30pm!
We need to leave for the airport at 5.30pm! Dog has just been picked up by the lady that looks after her.
Tlj hope the Christmas Fair goes well this afternoon and that your son's match against Eton went well and hope your youngest son gets well soon. Bike ride in the rain????? I don't like doing anything in the rain!!'
Will try to touch base wifi willling over the weekend. Back in Cyprus Sunday afternoon! I don't think,I will be doing much on Monday!
Wildpurl, Joan, Cassie and Kirstie hope you are all having a good day looking forward to Friday!

Morning ladies, hope everyone is having a good day. I'm trapped in the house waiting on a delivery of champagne. We are going to give it as a thank you to all the local friends who helped us out whilst I was having my chemo, particularly the ones that did lots of taxiing of the children over the summer.
Wildpurl, hope the outcome of the interview is good and that your husband's job gets sorted too.
Lovewine, hope your Dad has had a good night and is now on the road to recovery.
How did the Christmas shopping go Jackie? I'm struggling to get into Christmas too. I really need to get organised as we are going on holiday for the week before Christmas, so everything needs to be ready before we leave.
Hope your feeling warm and cosy this morning Cassie. I hate feeling cold. I also have a tight vein in the arm I had my chemo in. If I make a tight fist you can really see it and it looks horrible. Amazingly, since I have started playing tennis again it has loosened a bit, so I hope your physio works for you.
Kirstie, I cant believe your stamp duty situation, that's terrible. I'm sure I heard something about this situation on radio 4 once, but I can't remember what the outcome was? I hope you can resolve it. Is it a small enough figure that you could go through the small claims court?
Joan, I hope you are not over doing it with the grandchildren. It must be hard work looking after little ones again, but probably very rewarding too. I don't think I'm much older than you, but my own children are still only 13 and 10, so by the time I'm a granny I think I will be too old to be able to help which is a shame.
My son had a good weekend and he seems more settled at school, although I think he is pretty exhausted. He's off to play a match against Eton College today, so I'm hoping to speak to him later to hear what he thought.
Younger son has recovered from his cold and now has a sore throat again! He can't be ill because I need to help set up the school Christmas fair this afternoon! I spent the whole day at our CLIC Christmas fair on Tuesday selling raffle tickets. I completely ran out of steam at 4pm and came home feeling sooo tired. The chemo has definitely affected my stamina. Did manage a quick bike ride with husband yesterday, in the rain. We must be mad.

Rosie, by the time you read this you will have had your last rads. Hooray!!!! Hope your flight is on time and you get to see your Dad tomorrow.

Highlighted

Hi all, thanks for the lovely comments on my hair, and for joining me in the unfairness of the charges.

Lovewine I hope you dad is okay this morning and you managed to get some sleep last night.

Rosie - hoorah last bus trip ! It will be a long day for you but you will be glad when you touch down here tonight x

I have to dash as I'm running late x

Lovewine - the eyelashes are individual extensions not my own ;0) xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning all, dad didn't come out of recovery until 10.00 last night! We were all very stressed waiting for news, all we know overnight is he is"ok", so waiting for an hour or so to find out more.

Rosie, last day!! Good luck and my thoughts are with you for your visit to your dad,

I am trying to get into the Christmas mood, but failing miserably at the moment for obvious reasons- will have to get my act together in December I think!

Wendy x