342095posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

I do hope so Lovewine! 😒
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes you feel so helpless! Lets hope your dad can be moved to nursing home as planned and mine makes it home. ..feel very drained with worrying as i am sure you must do too, must be much worse though being so far away.
Highlighted
Community Champion

I think he must be I hate having so very little information! 🙀
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks rosie, i feel quite deflated as im sure you can appreciate sadly only too well with your own dad😥, sorry your dad has a chest infection, is he on anti biotics ?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh Lovewine that is so sad but I am sure they will do,everything they can to get him home for Christmas.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lisa, i agree , your hair photos are fascinating, it really brings it home what a year its been doesnt it when seeing pictures over time like that- you look great now though! Enjoy your last few days of term, you will need a nice long break to recover!
Wildpurl, hope the interview went well, sounds like you were happy with the office and surroundings etc, i would definitely retire your wig, your hair looks really nice, your christmas festivities sound very nice too!
Tij, barbados sounds lovely, have a great week and worry about the stampeding masses at the supermarket on your return!

Rosie, hope your morning in school went well, D/H sounds busy this week, bet hes looking forward to a break now!

Joan, i love spiced cabbage, O/H makes it with apple, cabbage, cider and spices!! Think i may get it done and freeze it too, one less thing to bother about!

Just back from visiting dad, he was in the chair but looked incredibly frail, consultant came around whilst we were there and said he is far too weak to go home😥dad got upset at this and cried which then makes mum cry too, they are going to try and get him home for christmas, we shall see, but i am not that hopefull , his medication still needs a lot of adjustment.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan I have had very vivid I strange dreams I think our brains are trying to make sense of all we have been through!
It has been confirmed that dad has a chest infection so is being treated for that. There is no mention yet of whether he will be able to transfer to nursing home on Friday.
I don't blame you getting all your food items ready for Christmas first!!!
Highlighted

Rolicarpet. I love your photo gallery, what a brave thing to do. Your hair looks great. Mine looks rather like yours back in September.
Highlighted

I must correct this impression that I look like Annie Lennox! I wish! I think people are just trying to reassure me that I no longer look like Yul Brynner.

TiJ, your holiday sounds lovely. I hope the run up to Xmas doesn't undo all the good work.

Wildpurl, I hope the interview has gone well. Well done for doing without the wig. Your Xmas sounds pretty full on.

Rosie, glad the heart scan shows an improvement but what a palaver, most frustrating. I had a strange hospital dream last night. I was in Frenchay, an old hospital which has closed down but in my dream had been refurbished and was extremely posh with beautiful grounds. But the treatment was awful, I was left on my own most of the time and I had no idea why I was there! What was that all about ? Hope you get some news about your dad and he can move to the nursing home as planned which I think you said is very near your sister. What a pity they had to take him to Shrewsbury.

Lovewine, hope your dads condition stabilises soon. hope your son gets the job, a fresh start could be just what he needs.

Cassie, good to hear from you. Your life certainly seems pretty packed at the moment but at least you will have a bit of a break over Xmas. Your hospital appt sounds most frustrating. I have my follow up oncology appt on Monday. V impressed you have completed all the card writing, present buying and wrapping, I can't tick off any of those yet. However the mince pies are made and the house is filling with lovely smells from the spiced red cabbage cooking slowly in the oven. It freezes well so that is one job done. My daughter is doing Xmas lunch but I am trying to help out as much as I can. Tomorrow I am planning to make Florentines, naughty but very nice. And all those nuts have got to be good for you.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Tlj how lovely do enjoy your holiday before returning to Christmas!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl you should feel very confident with your new hair style. I was not very confident the first time I went without my headscarf or a wig but everyone has accepted it now and says the style suits me. I have washed the wig and put it away and have put all the headscarves in a bag.
Hope your interview went well and that you will secure also soon.
Highlighted

Rolicarpet, love your hair timeline. I'm afraid my hair is where yours was in August/September. You finished your chemo a month before me, but still you are way ahead of me on hair growth. Love your current look, it really suits you.
Clearly, everyone is busy with the big Christmas build up. Hope you all enjoy your Christmas parties. Wildpurl, hope the interview goes well, you're sounding quite up beat about the potential new office.
We are in Barbados, the people are so friendly and eager to please, it's lovely. Younger son has a bit of a cold so we are taking it easy today. Not looking forward to the flight home on Friday. We will be transiting Gatwick on Saturday morning, which I imagine will be hell just before Christmas. Then back to reality, last minute shopping for Christmas. No doubt the supermarket will be frantic with everybody stocking up as if there is going to be a famine!
Hope everybody is having a good day, free from hospital visits.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Lisa glad you are doing ok! I love your hair gallery what a great brave record👩
Glad that you are going to continue on 4days after Christmas I think,we need to allow ourselves a good year.
Your end of term sounds pretty full on with meals and entertainment . You will have to have a relaxing weekend.
Highlighted

Hello Lisa, nice to hear from you. It sounds as though you are well and getting on with normal life, which is great. Normality does take a lot of time and energy, I agree!

Today I have come to another site for an interview. If I were to get this job I would be working at this site rather than my current one. It's an OK commute and the site is nice, the offices where I am hot desking today are bright and pleasant. My interview is this afternoon so I came here for the whole day to see what the traffic was like and whether I liked the office, so far so good.
I decided this morning not to wear my wig today, as no-one at this site knows me except the interviewer and I don't think he will be affected by a change of hairstyle. I'm feeling quite comfortable with my decision so far and seriously wondering whether or not to wear the wig in my usual office for the last few days.
End of term sounds very busy for you Rosie, and for your DH. When do you fly to the UK?
Lovewine I hope you are bearing up and that you Dad is able to come home soon.
Highlighted

Have been photographing my hair over the year and have uploaded a timeline photo to my profile, just makes you realise !!!

Highlighted

Good morning all,

Have been trying to make time to post for a while, i forget how crazy normalness is ! Anyway, it's good to catch up with everyone's news. Rosie and Lovewine, so sorry that your dads are still having trouble, its not easy supporting older members of the family. Hopefully they will both be out of hospital in time for Christmas.

You both have seem to have so much stress, maybe the festive break will be just what you need (that a numerous cups of coffee by the sound of it !

WIldpurl, your hair is amazing, when did you finish chemo, mine is still very short, mind you am quite glad as Im constantly soaked in sweat ! I cant bear the thought of having longer hair just yet. I'll put up a new photo. 

Tlj hope you enjoy your holiday wherever you are, we have been to the Gambia before over New Year as it's a decent flight time, no time difference, cheap, sunny and beautiful but not sure this year that going to West Africa is very wise, although they are suffereng over there from the lack of tourists. Hopefully can find somewhere else to go instead... a bit last minute though !

Joan - I would love to be compared to Annie Lennox, she's my hero ... seen her in concert 5 or 6 times !

Jackie - hope you're doing OK and still planning your move and that you're not working too hard Cassie.

There's only 3 days left at school, it's a crazy time, I've been out for the Post 16 meal, sports department xmas do, open evening, christmas production and have another one tonight, christmas lunch tomorrow, staff do on friday ... then I will probably sleep until 5th January. I'm quite enjoying work at the moment but have decided to keep to 4 days after Christmas for a while ... I still need some me time !

Right, off to get last few pressies, post cards and possibly get some foliage from garden to make something creative.

Have a great day everyone

Lisa

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning everyone!🐓
Wildpurl it sounds like you are going to have a wonderful family Christmas and new year. Scotland is the place to be for new year!
Tlj glad you managed to get away on holiday it will do,you all good as a family unit!🏊🌞🌴 don't know where you are but it sounds like you will experience some of these! I agree it is strange to see Christmas in the sun it really doesn't feel like it.
I am going in to school this morning haven't been for a while as they were doing assessment and then busy with production. I will also go tomorrow as it is the Christmas Fayre.
Another late night for DH Key Stage 4 parents meetings was Key Stage 3 last night he got home at 8.40pm. I had eaten my tea by then and saved his will have to do the same tonight! I prefer to eat my meal when I am hungry so I am not temped to eat unhealthy snacks!!!!
Have a good day everyone!

Hi everybody, hope everyone is ok. Sorry I have not been in touch for a week or so, but I've been quite busy and it's taken me 2/3 attempts to actually catch up on all the posts.
I was feeling very stressed last week when I had to travel to the UK for the day to collect my son and then we were flying straight back the next day to go on holiday. It was over the few days when there was a terrible storm and the wind was really strong. I was terrified my cunning plan was going to go horribly wrong. Ironically everything went according to plan and we managed to miss the air traffic control problems as well. So we are now enjoying our well earned rest in the sunshine. It's very strange seeing Christmas decorations when we are walking around in shorts and t shirts.
I hope the Dads are feeling more comfortable. It must be hard trying to plan for Christmas when you don't quite know how the next few days are going to go.
Highlighted

Evening all, I like your new profile picture too, rosie! It's great that your heart echo showed such improvement in your heart, but annoying that they seem so uncoordinated. Those caramel tassimos do sound great!

Lovewine, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, and good news about your son's job. Fingers crossed this will be a new start for him. Yes I'm at home this year on Christmas Day, my son and daughter will be staying. Then OH's younger son arrives as they leave, and we will be driving up to Scotland for New Year with OH's family. I am looking forward to it all, and not long to go now.
Cassie, have a lovely relaxing time away!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine I nearly didn't post it it's a selfie I took this morning I wasn't keen on the scraggy neck!!!!
My sister spoke to the hospital this afternoon and was told dad was going to have a chest X-ray she is going to see him tomorrow afternoon so hopefully will find out more!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes rosie, i think they just want a free trip somewhere nice, like you say they very rarely move to places they are shown!
I like your new profile picture too😄!
Highlighted
Community Champion

No Lovewine still don't know when Herceptin will begin! We are hoping dad will be able to be moved to the nursing home on Friday. Do hope your dad's blood pressure will improve quickly so he can get home. Good news about youngest's son's interview it is just what he needs do hope he will be successful and he can start the next chapter of his life. I haven't succumbed to the chocolate Tassimo yet I picked the packet up and put it down quickly. I am sure when it is cooler here in January I will be tempted!🍫☕️
I watched place in the sun home or away.
These days the participants rarely end up purchasing a property. It annoys me when they haven't even sold their house and they go on the show.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, would think you needed 2 caramel tassimos after that🙀☕️☕️! How frustrating all the time with this palaver between different departments! So still dont know when herceptin is to begin then!
Hope the doctor gives some news about your dad , will he be moved to the nursing home if he is stable? Must be quite a trek for your sister to shrewsbury every day.
My dad is still fainting because of low blood pressure, until that is stabilised then he will be in hospital😥

Youngest son has an interview on thursday in London at kings college in immune biology dept as an administrator, well paid and a good job by all accounts , so am keeping my fingers crossed it will be succesful and he can move on and put the awful girlfriend behind him!

I have finished early today so going to walk dogs, then have an indulgent tassimo cadbury hot chocolate and an hour of place in sun- home or away!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well I have been for the heart echo. It has improved from 50 to 53 the oncologist told me it had to be 55 for Herceptin. I called the secretary on the chemo day care ward that called me last week and asked why hadn't I gone for my Herceptin appointment. Today she said she would have to speak to the oncologist first. I held the line and she came back and reported he wanted me to fax the result of the heart echo to get approval for the Herceptin!!!!! What on earth are they playing at!!'????
Had a Caramel Tassimo. 😜☕️
Hope you get news on when your dad can come home Lovewine.
My sister can't get to see dad today but she will ring to find out how he is. The doctor will see him today so maybe we will have more information. It's a nuisance they have put him in Shrewsbury and not Ludlow as my sister lives in Ludlow!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, hope echo scan goes well, i always get stressed too in waiting rooms, hope the driving isnt too stressful either! I have recently developed an adversion to driving in the dark- not ideal when visiting dad on a 30 mile round trip!!
Have a good monday everyone! Lovely to hear from you cassie, good you are on top of your christmas festivities and have a lovely week in norfolk! 😄👍
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan we would love to see a picture of you with the Annie Lennox style!
Lovewine glad you made the effort and went to the film!😃
Cassie I expect you are ready for a break and it will be good not to have to do too much over the festive season!
It is indeed very stressful waiting in waiting rooms for appointments I feel quite sick at the thought of my heart echo! I have to drive myself today as DH very busy in last week of term. I only have to get to Paphos but then I have to remember how to get to the hospital. I am still not confident driving as I am still so very tight and can't turn very well so I can't go anywhere that involves reversing. Also the r gear is very difficult to get in to even DH find it so.
Your friend needs to go out of the house Cassie for her own sanity you are doing her a big favour!
Hope you all have a good Monday.x
Highlighted

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I am not having very much time to read the thread these days but I hope you are all OK, I have just been catching up by reading the last 4 pages... Phew.

Rosie sorry your dad is too unwell to go home again but I guess your mind will be more at ease that he will be in a safe environment.

Wildpurl you do look great in your new photo impresive hair, mine was never completely lost I have had it cut twice since the chemo ended too thicken it up all at the same length but its not as long as yours.

Lovewine lets hope your Dad is able to be made comfortable and can at least enjoy seeing people/family.

My work has remained very busy, I have had my four month oncology check up this week but did not see the consultant as expected but saw a registrar, a bit annoying to have to go over everything with a new face I am not sure the visit was very productive though, my appt was for 2.40 and there was nobody in the waiting room when I arrived ten minutes early, but I did not get out of the hospital until 5.30, I was given a shhet to order a mammography for April and a follow up appointment for the same month. I will have another blood test the end of Jan to check my vit D level has risen and that was it. I always feel absolutely exhausted from sitting in waiting rooms, its probably stress.

I managed to get all of my christmas present shopping finished and have wrapped them all this evening, the cards that need posting where posted last week and the ones for work and neighbours are now complete, so I am feeling a little smug. I am going up to Gorleston in Norfolk to my daughters next Sunday for the week which will be lovely and not too much cooking, I always help out but its not the same as doing the whole christmas dinner and having relatives to stay with you.

I had another lovely lunch out yesterday with my dog walking friend, her partner is very depressed and having dialysis, he is almost housebound except for he's treatments, but he will not talk about it to anyone, very sad but men do internalise too much when they are troubled. I feel a little guilty when we go out for the afternoon together, but I also feel for her, its a difficult situation.

Keep well Ladies, Cassie x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening all, enjoyed the film thankyou ladies! Joan, annie lennox indeed sounds very flattering!
Rosie, well done on your dog walking! Hope all goes well at heart scan tomorrow and herceptin can begin!
Wildpurl, i love stollen too, you had a very productive day, are you at home for christmas day ?

Another week begins , a busy one for all of us i expect! Felt sad at your lovely dog being dumped at such a young age rosie, how very cruel the human race can be sometimes. At least she found a loving home and her brother too!

Glad you enjoyed devon joan, not surprised you slept on way home after all that singing!

Wildpurl, 4 days to go and then a really nice long rest !
Highlighted

Joan I would LOVE people to tell me I looked like Annie Lennox! I think that's a really good sign that you are looking great Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening Joan glad you enjoyed your weekend away before returning Christmas chores and work!
Highlighted

Lovewine, you've had a basin full of trouble over the last few months, no wonder you are feeling rough. I hope you managed to enjoy the film. The venison haunch sounds delicious, especially the blueberry sauce and like idea of OH cooking it. I'm with you though generally on the meat question. I went off it completely while having chemo and now we eat very little red meat. Poor husband feeling a bit deprived, he had steak pie when we went out to lunch today. I think I'll look up the curry you mentioned.

Rosie, sorry your dad is in hospital again. But it sounds as if the system worked well. I hope he is feeling a bit better now. Good luck for tomorrow.

Wildpurl, you have hada busy day. Are you going to be able to take it easy over Xmas. Your hair looks great. People have started telling me that my hair looks very stylish and as if it is meant to look like Annie Lennox. I think it looks more like Barack Obama myself. And it's starting to stick out. I think I shall have to resort to hair gel.

Just back from a lovely, if tiring weekend in Devon. Just slept nearly all the way back in the car. Today was very festive. Went down in the cliff railway to Babbacombe beach. They were having a Xmas sparkle so the car was decorated and the volunteers dressed up as elves. Unfortunately we didn't have any children with us so didn't get the full treatment. Then at the pub/restaurant there were carol singers. Very good voices, although one and a half hours singing with only one short break was rather too much! Excellent lunch though. Tomorrow must make some mince pies, finish the Xmas cards and do some wrapping before heading off to Cardiff for a work-related event.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done Wildpurl you have had a most productive day! 👍
Our dog was dumped in a bag with 3 other puppies at just 10 days old! Her and her brother were fostered and hand reared and then needed forever homes. It is lovely to see them together 4 and a half years later!🐶🐶
I am sure the 4 days will pass quickly,
I am off for my heart echo tomorrow morning so I will see if it has recovered enough to start Herceptin.
Highlighted

Oh well done Lovewine, I do hope you enjoy your evening at the cinema!

Rosie well done on your dog walk, it's so great to hear you taking exercise after all your tribulations, you are really getting there. How lovely that your dog is able to keep in touch with her brother, that made me smile.

Well, I made sausage rolls, wrapped all my presents and have done the stupid tests grrr! At least they are oout of the way now, they have been hanging over me all weekend. No gardening but there is time for that once we are on our Christmas break. Next weekend I am making stollen, which is my favourite cake at Christmas. Only four more working days till I start my Christmas holidays, I can't wait! I really need a nice long rest.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done Lovewine enjoy the film!
We went out for lunch to the pasta and pizza bar and sat outside in the sun! 🌞
Then we called in home collected the dog and took her round the headland where her brothers owner walks him. We haven't been there all year I met them in the local supermarket last Saturday and they said they still walked Terry there every day at 3.45pm. Our dog was thrilled to see her brother and they had a good old run around together. I just about made it but could barely walk when I got back to the car!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wow indeed! I have serious hair envy now wildpurl! And how good you look too😄, i am going to read the thrive book as i think it will help! I feel like a pressure cooker ready to go off at the moment.
I have booked tickets and printed them off now for cinema this evening, so have to force myself to go, which is a good thing as would be moaning and feeling stressed here🙀, so am quite looking forward to it after all, rosie, you are right in saying a couple of hours of light relief will help!
Wildpurl, hope you get your baking done and some crocheting, good luck too with the aptitude test, am sure you will be an asset to any department with your knowledge and skills👍
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wow Wildpurl you look stunning and just look at your hair. Was it wavy before? The more mine grows the more wavy it seems to become!
You are right we have all come a long way since April and I went through 3 months when I couldn't eat out!
Good luck with your online aptitude tests it's probably better to answer the questions without too much thought gut reaction will be the real you and I am sure you will be the type of character they want to employ!
Still plenty of time to get your sausages rolls made and presents wrapped! You may have to do a little crocheting though!😆
Highlighted

Morning everyone! I have changed my profile picture to a more recent one, my hair has grown quite a lot since my holiday in September and is also thicker and has more body.
Lovewine, you have a lot to cope with at the moment, no wonder you are stressed. I have been through a similar experience although with different causes of stress. One of the things in the Thrive book is about wellness and adjusting to being well again, I found that very helpful. It also looks at working out what you want to do in your life going forward. The stress and sadness of coping with your Dad's illness will still be there of course but if you could think through and settle in your own mind about some of the other things, that might help you.

Rosie, I'm glad you enjoyed your staff Christmas dinner! Your outfit sounds great. Just think how far we have come since last April, there was a time when I thought I would never enjoy food again.
Today is another clear, cold and frosty morning. I am hoping to go into the garden for a short while to finish some weeding, then I have curried sausage rolls to make for Christmas and I still haven't wrapped any Christmas presents so that must get done.
This afternoon I have to do some online aptitude tests as part of my company's new interview process for job roles, I have been doing some research and practising a bit and need to get them done while I have some peace and quiet. Talk about piling on the stress! Honestly....

Then my daughter's blanket that I am crocheting for Christmas is only half done so I need to really give that my attention over the next week and a half!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Lovewine! Sorry you are feeling so stressed but it's no wonder with everything going on in your life at the moment. It may do you and OH good to go to the cinema you may forget your worries for a couple of hours. I have to make a huge effort to go out especially at night because I feel so fatigued and get flu symptoms.I think it must be side effects to Letrozola?
I wore my Christmas jumper last night with matching reindeer earrings and necklace. I was worried the jumper maybe too warm but we were sat on the patio. Part of it has been screened off by proper windows but the side we were sat had a canvas side which was blowing in the wind! There was a patio heater so temperature wise I was just right! I think the staff had a good evening some did I Karaoke! DH and I certainly didn't!!!!
It sounds like you are going to be busy with the extra dog today! It's sunny here this morning so dog was eager to go out- now snoring on the sofa!💤
No plans for today most of it will be taken up on Skype!
Hope everyone else is coping in the run up to Christmas? 🎄🎅🎁
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies, Rosie hope your evening was a success and you had a lovely time, hope it's a dry morning for dog walking today!🐶 what have you got planned today?
My eldest son and DIL dropping off their dog this morning so they can go off and do some serious shopping! Myself and O/H were going to a special screening at cinema of blade runner- one of my favourite films from the 80s! With dad as he is I can't be bothered now, am not sleeping either so feeling very tired!
I am feeling stressed about everything at the moment, my health , work, my dad of course, youngest son and O/Hs impending gall bladder surgery!🙀 sorry to be so negative!

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing well and having good weekends? Especially Joan in Devon- lucky thing! I love the south west, even in winter!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Not sure what I am wearing yet Lovewine it's likely to be trousers or jeggins👖👚.
I wore the floral tunic last night.
It stopped raining about half and hour ago so I frog marched the dog round the block. I was wearing black jeggins and a red raincoat with white trim. I passed a man out with his dog and he said he thought I was Santa Claus when he saw me from the bottom of the road!🎅 ho ho ho!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies, rosie, enjoy your christmas meal, what are you wearing? 👚👖👗 you looked so stylish in your last photo with your " new " hair too! I am trying to be more festive, its not coming easy though😟 i have put up tree, sent cards, still need more gifts, but doing mostly on line from amazon!! We are having a large venison haunch for christmas lunch which O/H cooks, he is a much better cook than me., i went in the week to our local farm shop and bought it and put in freezer, will be serving it with blueberry sauce😀
Hope you have news your dad is more stable today, like you, my dad is also on borrowed time and every time the phone rings i am expecting bad news, it is very emotionally draining!
Enjoy your saturdays everyone!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl we are waiting to see the picture of the new you! Enjoy your weekend it sounds like you have everything sorted Christmas wise. I just have 3 more orders to make,but they are vouchers.
Lovewine what a good idea your mum getting a stair lift in this will be so much easier for your dad. Do hope he gets home really soon now.
My sister is going to see my dad this

afternoon so I have to wait for news I really think we are on borrowed time now!
Tonight it is the staff Christmas meal we are having a buffet and our music teacher and her husband are putting on live music! They perform as a duet during the season in some of the local hotels and are very good!they play a mixture of music so something for everyone.🎤
Well it's pouring with rain this morning at the moment was supposed to be sunny the forecast yesterday was for rain all day and by 10 am the sun was out with blue skies! The dog is not impressed. She went to the door when I came down to go out,
saw the rain and ran back to the sofa!☔️
Do hope everyone has a good Saturday only one more until the big day🎄🎅🎁
Lovewine hope you are feeling a little more seasonal. I know for both of us we have a large black cloud but for the sake of our families we must enjoy the festive season the best we can! We are here for another Christmas and many more we hope!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh rosie , sorry your dad is so poorly, hopefully in hospital his breathing problems can be managed so hes more comfortable.
Gives you a boost when people comment on how good you look too!
I love my wine, choc and tassimos but cant say i really miss eating meat that much🍷🍫☕️😄!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan have a great weekend in Devon it sounds like you need some relaxation!
Wildpurl how great that you are starting to look like you again. I have just got back from the Christmas concert and everyone was saying how well I looked. The can't see the tissue expanders clamping me! I fell asleep in the chair twice today only for about 15mins!
Lovewine my dad was taken into Shrewsbury General in the early hours he was having trouble breathing and pulled his cord. The ambulance came. My sister went to see him this afternoon and aid he looks very sorry for himself!😢
I like my meat too much to be a vegetarian!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope your weekend in devon is enjoyable joan!
Wildpurl, am very envious of your hair, mine seems to have ground to a halt at the moment!
I think once my dads low blood pressure is stable he will be coming home, there is nothing else that can be done for him at hospital, mums bought a stair lift and its being fitted next week and the hospital have arranged some help for my mum with daily care, hoping he will be home soon😄
I cooked a really nice sweet potato and squash curry tonight, it was off the good food website, with balti paste, chickpeas, fresh tomato and yoghurt! I would be quite happy eating a vegetarian diet, i actually did before being diagnosed with BC, then i thought buggar it , my healthy eating hadnt really done me any favours as got cancer anyway! So introduced meat etc back into diet, but not entirely happy eating meat so think i will return to being a non meat eater!

Highlighted

Glad you got the voucher sorted Rosie. It sounds fantastic and very very sinful. Just what you need. Wildpurl, it sounds as if you are going to look quite glamorous for the Xmas season. You also sound very organised. I still haven't got presents for 2 daughters partners or 'surprise' present for husband, have just started on writing the cards and haven't even bought wrapping paper. However did manage to do the tree and other decs this morning, then collapsed onto the settee and slept for an hour. So frustrating.
Off now to spend the weekend with friends in Devon.
Hope everyone else has good weekends. Rosie, hope your heart check on Monday is positive.
Highlighted

That sounds delicious rosie, glad you managed to sort it out! Also glad to hear you have an appointment booked for a heart echo next Monday. Fingers crossed there will be an improvement, which I think is quite likely.

OH overslept this morning as he left his phone downstairs (which is his alarm clock), so set off about half an hour later than usual and was unable to car share! He was not in a good mood but I still got my coffee in bed ☕️.

I have been to the gym for a swim and sauna and then had my legs and eyebrows waxed and my eyelashes tinted again. I just get so much enjoyment from being able to do these simple things! I also think my hair is starting to look quite nice, it has grown a bit since the trim and when blow dried almost looks like a style. Plus I think it is getting thicker. My beautician said I looked like me again which was nice to hear. I will try to post a new photo so you can see.

Now I have a few things to do and then will start wrapping presents. I do believe I have bought everything now🎁🎁🎁🎁🎅

Lovewine yes, do go and see the film if you can, I found it was completely engrossing and I forgot about everything except the story and did not notice time passing. I think it really helped to reduce stress! You need some things to do for you, to help you cope.
Highlighted
Community Champion

How fabulous !! What a lovely treat , i bet the choccies are fantastic and the champagne too!🍰🍸❤️I have walked down park lane before and felt like pressing my nose against the windows of smart hotels and staring wistfully in at the people having nice lunches etc🐽!! Several of my friends have done similar things for special birthdays and anniversarys and really enjoyed it, you and O/H so deserve a nice treat after all thats happened this year!
Hope the heart scan appt goes well!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Have an appointment on Monday morning Lovewine!
I have just managed to change my voucher for the champagne afternoon tea when we go to London that was going to expire before we got there! No thanks to the hotel where I emailed the manager regarding my error. I have waited a week and heard nothing. The buy gift website allows you to exchange the voucher and extend the date. It has cost me £30 more. But it is still £13 less than the cost for two and it is a chocoholic tea at the Hilton Park Lane!🍩🍪🍸😍😜
I have only ever seen Park Lane on the Monoply board!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Its all very confusing rosie, not sure where we are half the time!!🙀