75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Lovewine

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Evening ladies, just back from hospital with O/H , due to the size of the gallstones surgery is quite urgent- so operation booked for monday 26th january by hopefully keyhole procedure!
Am still fed up rosie! And my arms are now a fetching shade of purple! I had many tassimos throughout the day! ️And am now enjoying an extra large glass of red wine!🍷
Hope your mood has improved as day as gone on, mine hasnt! Even less when thinking of trip to oncologist tomorrow😟
Wildpurl

Good evening everyone, well I have the January blues and I see I am not alone. How miserable to have difficulties with taking bloods, Lovewine, I hope the onc checkup goes well tomorrow. I am really sorry you have lost your eyelashes again as well.
Rosie, hope the infection is improving and you are more comfortable. When I want to lose a bit of weight I use an app called MyFitnessPal which has a food diary in it and can also track how many steps you do if you carry your phone around. I find it very helpful in making me aware of how much I am eating and which foods have the worst impact. You can set goals and track them, and also include exercise in it.
Joan, I totally empathise with wanting to go home after being out for only a short time. At this time of year I find I have low energy once it gets dark and am sleepy after dinner.

I did do a tiny bit of gardening at the weekend, and I also finished my sweater, which I was pleased about. Today I had my second interview for the role I am interested in, which went well. I may now need to have a third interview, for heaven's sake. I am busy at work, and getting back into it again now. Tomorrow I am going up to London for a discussion with a different business about a possible role.

Saturday was the anniversary of my surgery, hard to believe it is already a year. I have also been given a date for my prophylactic mastectomy, which is 31st March. They did offer me next Tuesday! But I really didn't feel it was the right moment to disappear from work for six weeks. The March date suits me much better.

Hang on in there, ladies, we are nearly half way through January now!
rosie14

Oh dear Lovewine poor you!😥
When I went for my herceptin the nurse asked which side I had surgery and I said both so I had it in the right side as the left got worn out with chemo and post surgery drips! Have a Tassimo I have had ordinary coffee and fruit - got to beat this weight gain!😁
Lovewine

Back from blood test, couldnt get blood at all so like a pincushion now and very sore😡 eventually had to use other arm which not supposed to use! Definitely on the grumpy step with you😡😠
rosie14

Lovewine good luck with your blood test!💉😁
On the grumpy step for us then!
Lovewine

Blood tests at 8.15 then off to work 😟, Rosie, i really sympathise over weight gain, how annoying when you eat healthily 😕. My nails are rubbish and have stubbs again for eyelashes, so am joining you in feeling fed up! X
rosie14

Blustery morning here although mild!💨🍃
Feeling depressed put on another pound since yesterday!😫😁
Have been eating very sensibly since the weekend and the 2 meals I had out and consumed no alcohol!!!
rosie14

Joan poor you I can sympathise young children do wear you out and I do hope you will feel better tomorrow and be able to do your Nordic walking!😚
Lovewine I have to go on Friday for the infection no mention of inflations yet!😂
We had vegetable soup last night and I had the remains for lunch today.
Lovewine

Evening ladies, what an awful wet and windy day here today, joan, my eyelashes have become stumps again just like on chemo! I think it is the herceptin yes😟. What a shame you had to cancel your lunch, i know what you mean about having had enough at social gatherings after a couple of hours! I feel just the same when we go out i feel ready to come home! Hope you manage the walking tomorrow!
Rosie, must have been a long day for you today and what a nuiscance to be returning again on friday! Is this to check the wound or inflations? You must be really sick of it now😥
Wildpurl, hope your day at work went well, hopefully soon you will be in a new job and be more settled!
I have made jamies chicken and veg soup yesterday and having the remains of it tonight- from same online recipes as the fabulous veggie chilli!!
joan47

Lovewine, How b...y annoying about your eyelashes. Is it the herceptin?I bought the book you mention while I was going through chemo. It was highly recommended by the Penny Brohn Centre. Got about halfway through and found it really useful. Then I stopped, I think because I thought I was getting too obsessed about cancer and should focus on something else. Your post has prompted me to get back to it again.  Losing a suitcase certainly trumps our losses, though I did spend quite a lot of time today and yesterday hunting for a pair of trousers. Fortunately now found, and in a very obvious place i.e. hanging on the hall radiator! 

Cassie and Rosie, I do sympathise about the weight issues. Perhaps we should have our own mini Weight Watchers group. Your daughter's wedding might act as a spur Cassie, but I can also see that it adds to the anxiety at a time when that's the last thing you want. I'm hoping that the prospect of being able to buy, and look good in a smart frock will be sufficient incentive.  

Wildpurl, hope you managed to get your gardening done. 

I completely ran out of steam at granddaughters family party. very disappointing. After a couple of hours I was just desperate to get home but unfortunately, for complicated reasons to do with giving lifts, it wasn't possible. I think I should have just said I was going to lie down for a bit. Then this morning developed an upset tum so had to cancel a long planned lunch with an ex-colleague at Jamie's Italian and have just lain around all day, as the rain poured down outside, feeling sorry for myself!  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Supposed to be going Nordic walking again tomorrow afternoon so hope the weather improves. 

rosie14

Good evening all!
Have returned from Limassol got to return on Friday!😁
Lovewine good luck tomorrow with bloods and onc appointment on Wednesday.
We saw The Drifters and Paper Lace at Tiffany's it seems a million years ago!!!
Lovewine

Morning ladies, not a great week to face : blood tests tuesday morning, ready for oncology appt wednesday morning, how it reminds me of the chemo weeks😥 . O/H has appt tuesday evening with consultant regarding operation for gall bladder surgery!
Rosie, hope all goes well for you and the antibiotics have done their job👍, it is very hard to be positive when continualy having procedures and treatment. Regarding the annoying weight gain, i dont think it is a side effect of herceptin and as said you only have had one! Letrozole being a hormone is possibly the cause, we all know how hormones can act up! Maybe you could see what oncologist says about trying a different type, i know ladies do try different brands of tamoxifen. You made me smile at the mention of Tiffanys night club, we had one here in Leicester which was a favourite saturday night for me! Remember seeing there live: Slade, Alvin stardust and David Essex- ah happy days!💃🍸
Will try and have a mistake free week at work this week!
rosie14

Good morning ladies hope you have a good week all returning to work without too many mix ups Lovewine!😉
I don't like the sound of your eyebrows becoming sparse after all we have been through. I seem to have an increasing weight problem even though I eat sensibly most of the time. I kept loosing weight in the summer with chemo and surgery and I seem to have gone the other way. If it is the Letrazolo it is going down the toilet! It can't be due to Herceptin yet as I have only had 1. I am so upset by the weight gain as the year before I hasd cancer I lost over 3 stone at SW. I am a target member but know 2 lbs over target so won't be going back until,I have lost it as I will have to pay!!!
I did manage to dry my washing thankfully!
Cassie lovely picture of your daughters! How exciting to have a wedding in April something to look forward to!😃
I agree spending money online is all too easy from the armchair.
Nightclub very distant memory Lovewine!
Several years ago DH and I were in Quinton, Birmingham and decided to go and look at the nightclub called Tiffany's that's we used to frequent many a Saturday night! It had completely gone and had become a B and Q store!😳
Hope he doesn't extend my antibiotics today which finish tonight. Maybe better news on the continuing journey although I won't hold my breath!!!😁
Lovewine

Indeed cassie! I would be happy to be able to stay awake until 10.00 p.m, night club is a distant memory!!
Cassie86

Thanks Lovewine, the picture is a couple of years old but I don't have many of them together now we live in different parts of the country, the one I posted is in a nightclub somewhere in London, oh to be young

Lovewine

Cassie, what lovely , pretty daughters you have!
I think you will find the book very interesting!
Cassie86

Hi all ladies,

I have just ordered the book you recommended lovewine, thanks. My birthday is on the 22nd, no plans at the moment but I will do something. I am fairly good a relaxing, knitting, sometimes, though only in fits and starts these days, years back when my daughters were little I did knit for a local wool shop, obviously too much time on  my hands ! These days reading watching rubbish TV and playing with my cat and shopping seem to higher on my list of past times, it is just too easy to sit and spend money online but then walking very far is too painful for me at the moment, I have about 20lb's to loose which I will have a go at but I know is not going to be easy with not much excercise. I have my eldest daughters wedding coming up too, in April, so I want to look reasonable otherwise I wont want to be in any of the photo's, I hate being photographed at the best of times.

Have a good weekend, whats left of it. Cassie

Lovewine

Evening ladies, hope you have had good days, wildpurl, hope the sweater is nearly completed and weeding done! Poor O/H feeling worse, hope he picks up soon.
Joan, you will really need a large drink after the party if its anything like the childrens birthdays i can remember!! Your ears will be ringing i expect! On the losing items- i have mislaid a suitcase and have no idea whats happened to it, its not exactly a small item to misplace!!
Rosie, hope your appointment goes ok tomorrow, i have my oncology check up on wednesday and am really fretting about it😟 hope you got your washing dry, i have lit the woodburner and not moving from it for rest of the day.
I have noticed since my last herceptin that my eyelashes have become very sparse and look like they did on chemo- thats depressing too.i have retired my wig though! Hair very short, but really had enough of wearing the wig.

I have just read a great book called Anti cancer a new way of life, by dr david servan- schreiber, read it in 2 days! I can really recommend it- the author who was a professor of psychiatry developed a brain tumour, he went into remission for many years , the book is excellent on diet and lifestyle information and fascinating and very informative, can be downloaded on kindle too. The tips are not faddy or major changes but easy to follow if wanted too. Also has info on meditation and relaxation.
rosie14

Good afternoon Joan and Wildpurl!
Lol Joan maybe backbone would have been a better word? Hope your granddaughter enjoyed the birthday party. Glad your Jerk pork was a success.
Wildpurl,glad you are feeling so much better and even like weeding the garden. Bad luck that OH is worse though they do not make very good patients! Hope you get your knitting finished!
Wildpurl

Joan, I also can really empathise with not being willing to return to my old high stress lifestyle. I am happy to work hard for four days and then want to forget about work for the weekend. I also need to learn not to get stressed by things that happen at work. That's been a big challenge over the last few months! It's a difficult balance to care enough about achieving goals to focus on them but not so much they make me stressed. I am still wanting to take up meditation again, the colouring book is quite effective as well though, as is knitting.
Wildpurl

Morning all, a lovely bright morning here. I am feeling almost back to normal now and OH is feeling much worse! I might even go into the garden for a little bit as there is a bit of weeding to finish. Otherwise probably getting on with the knitting, I have only two inches to go now! Also need to do my nails ready for the working week.
joan47

Rosie, I don't think I've ever been described as hardcore before. Love it. great that at least 6 of us can meet up in the summer but do hope the others can make it too. Your evening sounds good. We spent ours watching two old episodes of Cracker which I had recorded some time ago then discovered we didn't have number three! At least the meal went well, I shall certainly make the jerk pork again though perhaps slightly easier on the spices. Don't think I'll bother with the pud though, it tasted a bit like a rather dense clafoutis. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Lovewine, today is granddaughters family birthday party so we're going over there for the day. Sitting down quietly here before braving the mayhem later this morning. On the chemo brain front I think my husband is affected too. We keep mislaying things. Currently the list includes the remote control for the music system, a large towel and a bottle of port. Either that or we have the 'Borrowers' in the house.

Cassie, glad your X-ray wa clear but I sympathise with the cough. Trouble is, coughing in itself makes you feel exhausted. Are you able to make any time when you can just sit quietly and concentrate on relaxing and 'being in the moment'. Sorry if that sounds either pretentious or facile, it's probably both. But having been a workaholic I am determined not to go back to my previous lifestyle of working ridiculously hard and constantly rushing to get things done. I have been to a few sessions at Penny Brohn which focus on self help techniques like this and am trying to put them into effect. Whether I will be able to sustain it as the work demands pick up will be another matter of course. Anyway, preaching over.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
rosie14

Lovewine I am going to have to lay off the tassimos this week I seem to have put on 2lbs over the weekend😁 hopefully I can drop it in a couple of days when I am not eating puddings and drinking alcohol. I managed to walk the dog this morning. I think I was less active last week as it was so cold and I didn't want to go upstairs in the cold!
The sun is out today and it felt lovely when I was out with the dog. I have thrown both bedroom windows open in an attempt to get the sun to flood it!
Lovewine

Morning Rosie, yes I agree the more of our group that can make it in July the better- what a great support this thread has been all these months! Be lovely to have the full squad!
I am thinking of getting up and drinking tassimo in bed and watching the news- awful events in France, taking your advice and having a quieter day today with shortbread eating!
Cassie, think I may try some of the chai tea you mentioned, I have just bought a lovely little teapot with the infusion net in the middle to try and drink more tea! Good your xray was clear, I know what you mean about slowing down- very hard to do when you have been a very busy person! I am 53 this year and hope my chemo brain improves soon as can't keep covering up my ineptitude in delivering people's clothes to the wrong owners!! Hope you have a nice birthday- what date is it?
Wildpurl and Joan what are your plans today?
Have a good Sunday ladies😄
rosie14

Good morning all I will write down the names of ladies that say they would like to meet up to make sure they all get included. I think the venue will have to either be Birminghham or Bristol both of which are very easy to get to by train. There are 5 of us so far let's hope the other ladies will be able to make it too!😃
Hope the windy weather has died down in the UK and you all escaped without any damage. At last it has gone milder here and hopefully going to be sunny today so I must get my washing on soon!
We had a good evening last night. There was an event on at the restaurant in aid of the hospice with loud Greek music!!! We had to shout in each other's ears but we enjoyed it. There was a buffet with a wide choice. There were no labels though and I was a little suspicious as to what I may have been eating!
Lovewine well done on the decorating what an achievement in a few months.👍
Wildpurl hope your visitors enjoyed the beef olives, I had never heard of them.
Hope you managed to finish your sweater.
Gosh Lovewine I have just been back and read that you made shortbread too I think you need to rest a little today- maybe eat some shortbread?😜
Joan I had to smile at your recipe errors that is just the sort of thing I would do in a rush as I tend to skim read not paying attention to detail. Hope your guests enjoyed the meal!
Cassie I have added your name to the list it will be great to meet all you wonderful ladies that have meant so much since last April.
I am seeing the surgeon with my wound tomorrow I haven't seen it today yet but yesterday it was still leaking significantly.
I have developed an itchy rash on my stomach I guess this could be due to the antibiotics.😁
Well I must go get up and start my day!
Hope you all manage a restful day.
Tlj, Lisa, Jackie and Kirstie we need to know if you are able to join us on July 25th for a meet up???? We hope you can it would be lovely if the hardcore of the forum were there!😃
Cassie86

Hello Ladies,

I would like to meet up with you all in the summer if that is possible, I will put the date in my phone. I agree with the chemo brain Joan & Lovewine, I have total blanks sometimes at work someone will ask me about a document or something that I have been working on and I totally cannot recall, I search about for a bit deny all knowledge then ping it comes back to me or I find what I have been looking for, luckily for me most of the staff either accept my apologies gracefully or don't seem to notice, I am 55 this month so I hope its nothing more than chemo brain Woman Embarassed 

I have not felt like cooking this evening and had virtous intentions of some smoked kipper cutlets I picked up but succumbed to some chocs left from Christmas, very naughty but I just cannot bring myself to throw good food away, all goodies should be gone in another week or so, then no excuses. I do drink green tea with lemon and find it quite refreshing, don't let it steep too long its not like ordinary tea drink black and if you must a tiny drip of honey, I don't but I understand its an acquired taste thing. I have discovered twinings Bollywood chia latte recently though very nice for a change, but a bit pricey.

I have been doing my physio excercises but I think its gong to be a long term thing. My chest x ray came back ok but the b.... cough is still rattling my bones after two courses of abs, I am really fed up with it. Every time I see a GP as a patient they say the same thing "You probably push yourself too hard and have not had enough time to rest and recuperate". They are probably right but I cannot change a lifetime of habits and cannot turn the clock back.

I hope the wind and rain is not to scary or disruptive wherever you are X Cassie

joan47

25th is in the diary Rosie.
Wildpurl, your beef olives sound a lot better than the ones we used to get at college almost 50 years ago. They were so disgusting the students complained to the kitchen staff! Don't think I could face them now, I've just finished my waistcoat thing. It's is very heavy but given the change in the weather it could be just the thing.
Lovewine, you have had a productive day. Very impressive.
Expecting daughter and partner to arrive any minute. They're making a flying visit for granddaughters birthday tomorrow. Managed to misread the recipes for both the main dish and the pud I've done for tonight. The main is jerk pork and sweet potato casserole. Recipe said use half a 70gram jar of jerk paste. My jar was more than twice that size, as I only realised when I tasted it. Fortunately they like spicy food but I suspect much water will be called for! I also remember from somewhere that lemon juice counteracts chilli so may have to try that. Managed to overcook the pudding, again misreading the recipe. Is this still chemo brain or old age? I don't think it much matters but it is rather strange.nmeant to be a baked ricotta cheesecake with raisins soaked in Marsala. Tasting the bits left on the bottom of the tin it seems to be more like a baked custard. Still it seems to taste ok and anyway, after they've eaten the first course they may not be able to taste anything!
Lovewine

Wildpurl, your beef olive sounds really nice! We are having cheese on toast as neither of us can be bothered to cook, O/H been to work and i have painted the bathroom! Hope you have finished your sweater, i might try a poncho i think next!
Found time to bake some shortbread too, so quite a productive day.
Rosie, enjoy your evening, hope your wound isnt giving you too much trouble today
Joan, hopeyou had a relaxing day today!
Wildpurl

July 25th sounds good! Will also pencil it in.
Weather here is calming down again now but has been a bit windy this morning. I have been to Pilates and that is all, I'm feeling like just chilling this afternoon. OH and his youngest have gone to footy so won't be back till about 5pm. Think I will try to get my sweater finished! I might do a tiny bit of housework but really there isn't much that needs doing.
Oh'so other son is coming for dinner this evening as well, and we are having slow cooked beef olives with mash. I don't know if you will all know what beef olives are, I had not heard of them before being given them by my in laws in Scotland. Up there you can get them from the butchers. They consist of an olive-shaped centre of sausagemeat (but much bigger than an olive) which is wrapped in a slice of beef. They are browned in a pan and then cooked in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours with a few vegetables and some stock and red wine. They really are delicious! My FIL gave us some to take home with us last weekend which was very kind, and they have been in the freezer till yesterday.
Lovewine

Morning all, just been blown across the fields as its so windy!
Rosie, your meal last night sounded very nice- particularly the steak!! Enjoy your evening with colleagues, its so nice to forget health problems for a while.i hope your washing dries well, if i hung mine out i think it would be in France by mid morning!
I am painting my bathroom today and also cleaning fervently- making the most of my energy!
July 25th is good for me too, will pencil in the date!
rosie14

Good morning ladies let's pencil in July 25th for now then for our meet up. I have only booked flights so far and haven't worked out the finer detail of our trip. Need to speak with children first. I know my sister and I want to put DD ashes to final rest early on in our trip'
Wildpurl that's fantastic news about second interview wishing you lots of luck!🍀
I would really like to sample this veggie chilli but DH would have a fit it sounds so warming. Yesterday the temp was 6 but the feel like 2! It was the coldest day. It is meant to be back in double figures today but cloudy. Better tomorrow with more sun so shall leave my washing till tomorrow. We don't have a tumble drier here!
Joan glad you had a good day with grandson and you did deserve you pizza and ice cream last night. We went out to eat and we have a 3 course meal for 17 euros. I had melon and ham to start, rib eye steak, jacket potato and veg and then the naughty bit pancake with chocolate sauce and ice cream! 😜I did get them to leave off the Tia Maria as I had already had a couple of drinks and I am taking antibiotics!!!
Lovewine it sounds like your YS is settling well and good he has moved in with some friends I am sure it won't be long before there is another girl on the scene!
Got to go supermarket shopping today! Meeting with colleagues for dinner tonight.
Wildpurl

Well the Hobbit 3 was fantastic, at least I thought so.
Lovewine, I am doing jamies veggie chilli on Sunday, really looking forward to it.
Tlj, I have a second interview next week for the job I would most like, then might also have to have a third. I should know next week or the week after at the latest.
Joan, you enjoy your pizza you deserve it!
With respect to a meet up, I will be attending a wedding in Glasgow on 1st August, which means I won't be able to meet up that weekend, as we will take our summer holiday after the wedding. So July 25/26 would be my option.
joan47

Somewhat shattered after full day with grandson. He was very good but exhausting. Too tired to cook so succumbed to pizza and ice cream. So much for good intentions. However I must have worked off some calories today, surely. Anyway, I am going to limit myself to replying re our summer meet up. I think a weekend would probably be best. So presumably that would that be either July 25th/26 or August 1/2. At the mo ment any of those dates is good for me. Birmingham would be fine. If you're flying out of Bristol Rosie, and the latest date is best for everybody, you might want to consider Bristol. The fact that I live near there is just a coincidence of course, no ulterior motive in suggesting.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Lovewine

Afternoon ladies, Tij, good to hear from you, hope the boys settle back into school life after a long break, yes, sometimes owning a pet hamster seems very appealing rather than a dog when the weather is awful!
I found the offending navy trousers and managed to surreptiously replace them before any one noticed- not that they would have minded, but i just feel unprofessional by mixing them up!! I usually have almost a photographic memory with my ironing work, but it failed this time!
Wildpurl, hope you enjoyed the hobbit, we have seen the first two and i loved the lord of the rings trilogy.
I have cooked the jamie oliver chilli tonight so looking forward to that! Hope your O/H is feeling ok and not got a full blown cold/cough.
Rosie, think you mentioned you may be out tonight, if so enjoy the food!! Sounds like you will need a winter coat, seems a long way off from your lunches in a shady bar!! Hope the antibiotics are starting to work now, what a lot of problems these bloody inflations have been for you.
Joan, hope the babysitting duties havnt been too tiring, commiserations on the nail issues, mine are pretty dreadful too.
My Y/S is settling down well in London and seems to be enjoying his job at Kings college, although he is working for the university his office is in the hospital- dont think he likes the continual flow of doctors carrying blood products through all day!! He will get used to it i am sure. He has settled in with his house share too- fortunately with two old friends from his university days, am hoping he will meet a nice girl as he still really misses the girlfriend😥
Have lovely weekends everyone, jackie, kirstie, lisa, cassie hope all is well with you.
Sue, hope your first Tax went smoothly and side effects not too bad.
rosie14

Good afternoon Tlj glad you and the family are well and that your sons are back at school. Good luck with the new family member - what sort if dog is it and is it male or female?
My hair is even longer and thicker now but is very wavy!!!
Tlj63

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a good day.
I'm just getting everything back to normal now the boys are back at school. Elder son went back to the UK Tuesday and younger one started back at school on Wednesday. Husband and I went to collect our new dog from our friends. She is coming to live with us as they are finding it too much with a toddler and baby on the way. I'm not a particularly doggy person but have to admit she is a lovely dog. I had a tough introduction to dog ownership yesterday when I had to take her for a walk in the pouring rain. On the up side I'm hoping all the walking will help me shift a few pounds as my trousers are definitely at full stretch.
Rosie, I can't believe what bad luck you have had with your expanders. I bet you can't wait to get on with the reconstructive surgery and get it all over with. I hope the herceptin is not giving you any grief. I had a look at you photo from December. I'm very jealous of your hair. Mine is still a long way off that.
The weather here today is probably warmer than Cyprus, but I'm sure it will tip in your favour soon.
Joan, I hope the grandchildren are not exhausting you too much.
Wildpurl, enjoy your Friday off work. Have you any news on the potential new job yet?
Lovewine, how is your son getting on with his new job and accommodation?
Wishing you all a relaxing weekend.

rosie14

Good morning Lovewine and Wildpurl!
It's 6 degrees here today with a very chilly wind. Set to go back to normal temperatures on Sunday!!! Hopefully Lovewine other ladies will get back to us re meeting!
Wilpurl it's very distressing to be dressing an open wound at this stage of proceedings. Taking antibiotics so hopefully by the time I see the surgeon on Monday he will be happier!
Enjoy your day off and your time at the beauticians today! I must ring the hairdresser my hair is now seriously looking like a hedgehog!!!!
Wildpurl

Morning all, had a good day at work yesterday and feeling nearly back to normal now. Today I am off, which is nice, and I have a visit to the beautician this morning. Trying to decide if I feel up to having a swim and sauna first.

OH is now coming down with the cold, but is soldiering on and has gone into work. This afternoon we are planning to go and see the latest Hobbit movie.
Lovewine, I had to smile at your remaining pair of misplaced trousers, I hope you can move them to the correct owner without anyone noticing! You must have an excellent memory to be able to recognise and remember which clothes belong to which client.

Rosie, hope Herceptin continues to be problem free, and that the antibiotics sort you out. When I had the biopsy in October I had to go back to not showering for a couple of days and it brought it all back to me! It's very inconvenient but obviously necessary to avoid spread of infection. Hope you are back to normal soon.

Good Fridays everyone - first week in January completed, as it is my least favourite month that's good as far as I am concerned.
Lovewine

Morning Rosie, very windy here but not too cold💨, trying to motivate myself for the morning dog walk!
Your suggestion sounds good- Birmingham being in the centre will hopefully make travel fairly accessible for everyone!! Certainly count me in😄, Saturday or a Sunday either too!
rosie14

Good morning all still from a very cold Cyprus! Due to get warmer on Sunday. We just aren't equipped to deal with it in the houses here. No carpet cold floor tiles high ceilings and single glazing! Brrrr❄️😨
I have booked our flights for the summer flying in to Bristol. We are due to go up to Newcastle for the first week and then will be back around the midlands/ south west. We fly on July 16th and return on Aug 3rd around herceptin dates!!!! Could Birmingham be a possible meet up place as we could all get there by train? Would we want a Saturday or Sunday? Hope fully all ladies will read this thread!!😏
Any other ideas gratefully received !!!
rosie14

Oh Joan what a disappointment about your nails! I lost my thumb nail yesterday finally. There is one growing underneath but it has a lot of catching up to do!
Good luck with your grandson tomorrow and do hope you manage to have an enjoyable weekend!
Yes I do feel as if I am going backwards it's going to delay the rest of the procedure.😁
joan47

Oh Rosie, what rotten luck. I do feel for you having to have dressings and antibiotics again, it must feel you're going backwards. Hopefully the antibiotics will sort it out quickly. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to have my nails done for a good few weeks. I had an appt at the salon today but the girl there (who did my nails during chemo before they fell off) said she didn't think it was a good idea because the process could dry my nails out further. Rather disappointing.

Lovewine, it's lucky that your clients didn't notice your mistakes before you were able to put it right. Hopefully though they would have been understanding. It sounds as if you might have to share that recipe for Baileys fudge.

Wildpurl, glad you were able to get back to work and it was OK, even if chaotic. I've checked out the website you mentioned; there's some great stuff on there.

It's our first day back looking about our grandson tomorrow, he's a real live wire so I'm expecting to be exhausted by tomorrow evening. Not going to get much rest over the weekend either because it's granddaughters birthday and elder daughter and partner are coming down to stay so will have to do some cooking. But it will be enjoyable.
Lovewine

Definitely caramel tassimo!! I am going to have one soon too!!👍
rosie14

Nescafé or Caramel Tassimo????
Caramel Tassimo!😜
Lovewine

Yes me too Rosie, have realised i still have left one pair of mens navy trousers with the wrong owner!! Hoping nobody has noticed before i can sneak them back again!! This is what happens when i try to do loads of things at once- used to be able to pre chemo, but not anymore! Hope you continue with no effects with herceptin!! I do find the inside of my nose gets very sore! And sometimes an upset tummy the day after, but nothing major!! Take care and look forward to some nice meals out😄🍜🍕
rosie14

Yes indeed Lovewine especially in a cold bathroom!!!! We will certainly be going out to eat tomorrow and Saturday night!!!
Both the Pharmacies in our village were shut this morning so I ended up nearly driving to Paphos to find one that was open! Have now got the medication and taken the first one. Seem to be ok so far re Herceptin, let's hope at least that will be an easy journey for me! I certainly still feel like a cancer patient!😁
Hope you get all your ironing delivered to the right houses today!
Lovewine

Morning Rosie, am hopeless at photos-sorry!
Sorry you are feeling understandably fed up and needing some TLC- like I said before- all these procedures thrust us into the role of cancer patient, altho I don't feel I stopped being one!! And you certainly havnt with the long treatments and issues you have faced😳
Maybe some treats at the weekend and some spoiling is in order! What a palaver too trying to have a wash!
rosie14

Does anyone know how to turn a photograph in gallery? On my iPad it was the correct way round!!!!
rosie14

Good morning ladies still from a cold Cyprus although somewhat drier! I will post a picture later of the freak weather we had yesterday morning just before we left for Nicosia!
Well I didn't have a very comfortable night due to not being able to turn over on my left side. This morning I have had to wash my top half in the basin with a flannel and the bottom half in the shower. The wound has leaked but is contained. He opened it up to let it drain. Have just found the bad of dressings we purchased in the summer so will have to change it later. It feels sore this morning so I will be spending most of the day feeling sorry for myself!😪
I have to go to the chemist to get the anti biotic as all the chemists where closed when we left Limassol last night we drove around for half an hour without finding one open! I said to DH they really should turn their green illuminated cross off when they are closed! It was after 7 by the time we hit Paphos so no chance of finding one there either. Fortunately we have 2 Pharmacies in our village so I should be able to get the prescription quite quickly!
Wildpurl enjoy today being the last day of your week. I could do with you and your culinary dishes here today and Lovewine's Bailey's fudge! I fancy being looked after. DH just off to work. Don't think the dog will be able to look after me!
Hope the rest of you ladies are all ok. Joan when was it you were having your nails done? Hope you are pleased with the result?
Lisa hope school isn't too bad and you are settling back into the routine. Jackie and Kirstie hope you 2 are both well. Tlj I expect your eldest son will be ready to start his new term soon hope you have enjoyed a wonderful family holiday together.
Lovewine

Good you are feeling better wildpurl, at least its been a short working week! I love vegetarian curries too .