342095posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Hope you have all enjoyed your Sundays. We were looking for somewhere to eat a light lunch out but couldn't find anywhere open only places for big lunches! We ended up in the shopping mall in Paphos in the food hall! DH has made a big pan of veggie stew for supper! 😜
Wildpurl hope you enjoyed the tropical butterflies! More shortbread Lovewine!😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies! Its a very cold but crisp sunny morning here, have just walked my dogs and was a real treat to come home without being filthy, the mud and grass frozen solid! I think i am going to bake more shortbread and a very easy tea loaf, baking is another hobby i have taken up since BC and finding more time to do things i enjoy- particularly the eating of the finished product! I think we will also walk later- a very nice walk along a disused railway line, with a very pretty woodland walk at the end- snowdrops will be popping up there now.i am very lucky in my weight, my mother is exactly the same, i am always on the move and continually busy so think that helps- will make the most of it while i can! So wildpurl you are right in saying my business keeps me very physically active as do 2 border collies!!
Rosie, smarties are a particular favourite of mine too! Along with cadburys mini eggs and cream eggs, very happy they have appeared again in the shops, although last year during my Fec part of chemo mini eggs were the only thing i could eat, so bit of a reminder of those days😟. Good you are stocked up for you and the dog in case of protracted transport issues! Hope its nothing too expensive to put right!
Joan, hope you have recovered from grandchild duties and have a nice day planned? Am going to watch Broadchurch soon which i managed to record but never got around to watching, i do see the signs for Clevedon when travelling on M5 on our way to Cornwall.

Have good sundays everyone!👍😄
Highlighted

Morning, it's far from sunny here, very damp and overcast, but we are going for a walk anyway! We are off to RHS Wisley to see the tropical butterflies in the glasshouse, always a cheering thing to do in the dead of winter.
Lovewine, potatoes dauphinois is one of my favourite dishes, mmm! I am the same as rosie though for the other things, I would just put on weight if I ate them. You are lucky to be able to eat such lovely things, and maybe burn them off walking your dog and running your business, which I am sure is quite demanding.

Enjoy your Sundays everyone
Highlighted
Community Champion

I was wondering about the sweater too Wilidlurl and forgot to ask it does look very warm, good old other half making turkey and mushroom pie😜
Lovewine you are lucky to be able,to get away with shortbread, cherry tarts and chocolate not to mention the wine- I would tip the scales by several pounds after that lot. I really do love sweet things . We don't have deserts at home with the exception of yogurt and fruit. But I do keep fun bags of Lion Bars and Smarties in the fridge and have one a day with my evening cup of tea. I never take 2 because that is like having a second glass of wine.
DH has looked at my car and he can't do anything with it so it has to be towed to the garage tomorrow!😥
I got DH to take me shopping yesterday afternoon to make sure we had everything in for us and the dog!
Not sure what our plans are today it looks to be sunny again. Most of Sunday is taken up skyping family😃
Hope you all have a good end to the weekend.
Joan hope,you have had time to relax after the grandchildren duties. Tlj , Jackie Kirstie and Lisa hope,you are all ok . Drop by when you can to let us know how you are all getting on.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl, the sweater was going to be my next question! Thought how nice it looked in the picture and wondered if it was the one you finished last week! I had dauphinoise potatoes and chicken for my supper! My healthy eating hasnt been that succesful today- eaten lots of shortbread, made some cherry tarts filled with mascarpone and eaten about 6 of those! Chocolate too all swilled down with a large glass of 🍷🍷!
Highlighted

Thank you rosie and Lovewine. I am wearing my new sweater which has been great in the cold this last week. We have just had a turkey and mushroom pie made by OH which he saw Jamie Oliver making on TV while he was off sick. We used left over turkey breast from the freezer and it was accompanied by peas cooked with lettuce and herbs. It was delicious but I am now full!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl I have just noticed you have changed your profile picture! It's lovely you look so well and your hair looks perfect!😀
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thankyou Rosie and wildpurl! I like your new profile photo too Wildpurl! I do feel a lot more confident to leave wig off now hair has been shaped into something resembling a hair style!😄
Highlighted

Oh that really suits you Lovewine, you look lovely - and your hair looks perfectly normal Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Champion

Love it Lovewine it really suits you!!! 😊
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies, after an hour of swearing i still am sideways!! Have posted picture with new me😄 , will wait until O/H returns from work to help me out!
Rosie, how nice to be able to sit outside in the sun! Do hope you manage to get the car fixed.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon Wildpurl it's been the warmest day of the year today beautiful in the sun thank goodness for small mercies!🌞
Trust you are enjoying your weekend!
Highlighted

Oh Rosie what a time you are having! Pretty annoying that removing saline from the expander has not at least made you more comfortable. I hope it helps the infection to clear up anyway. And now your car won't start! Still, a coffee on the balcony in the sun sounds nice.

Lovewine, glad you are pleased with your hair cut. I still enjoy the fact of actually having hair to be trimmed.
The photo thing, I think that most sites nowadays can determine from the photo attributes if it was taken in landscape or portrait mode and will orient it accordingly. This site seems to assume everything is landscape, so if it was taken with the camera oriented to portrait it ignores that. If you upload a photo to any viewer and either rotate it if it appears as sideways, then save it, or just save it if it appears correctly oriented, then it will display correctly here. I agree with rosie, we want to see your new style!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes Lovewine I have had the same problems with photographs post it anyway dying to see the new you!
I have to go back to surgeon on Wednesday! We did enjoy our evening out thank you! We went to drive in my car and it wouldn't start it's not the battery- DH has an idea what it is but he has gone to meet someone at school so I am stuck. Good job it is sunny today going to take my coffee on back balcony in the sun!☕️🌞
Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan, good the palm arrived unscathed, always difficult when transporting especially as a gift! Your poetry day sounds like a lovely day, am a little like Rosie though in finding it hard to concentrate at the moment😟it has improved somewhat- i am an avid reader now after many years in working too hard and never making the time! I am also going to research my area for events such as the interesting things you are experiencing!

Rosie, poor you, still having problems with the wound, will you have to return earlier to see the surgeon? Hope you managed to enjoy your evening despite all the problems.

I have just returned from morning dog walk and it is a very cold start❄️, makes me not want to be bothered going out. I am really happy with my hair cut, my hairdesser has tidied it up and now looks more like a hairstyle! I have taken a photo to show you, but i cant post it the right way round? Think you had problems too Rosie?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan I sometimes get an error message and it is always after a long post very frustrating!😁
So glad that the palm was just right for your daughter what a relief!
You sound very busy with your grandchildren Joan It makes me wonder how on earth I managed to bring 3 children up??? I think we are wonder women!
Hope you enjoy the poetry I can't even concentrate theses days! DH will ask me what's going on during a TV programme and half the time I haven't a clue! I think I have been forced to watch it too much during the winter!
The fluid being drawn off hasn't made any difference except a buise in my side where the needle went.😫
Also I had a leak overnight I am sad to say there is still fluid draining form the infection site.
Where your nails very sore whilst waiting for them to grow?
Pizza , ice cream and large glass of sherry sounds very comforting!🍸🍨🍕
Highlighted

That's a relief. Couldn't face trying to remember what I'd said and doing it again and do need to get up now.
Highlighted

Rosie, how horrible that you are having all this hassle over money on top of your other worries. I hope taking some of the fluid out makes you more comfortable and helps the wound to heal. Don't blame you for hitting the brandy and come. We live in Clevedon, which you would pass on the M5 about 10 miles north of Weston.

Lovewine, well done with your charity shop find. I haunted charity shops about five years ago looking for China for my daughters wedding- she wanted a traditional English tea with teapots cake stands etc as well as teacups etc. it became a bit all consuming but great fun. The various Cancer related activities I'm going to are all at the Penny Brohn Centre, which started in bristol and has its national centre about 8 miles from me. So I am very lucky. They do run courses elsewhere though and also run 2 day residential courses which I believe people think highly of. The courses are free although if you can afford it they appreciate a donation.

Wildpurl, hope you enjoyed your day off. Great that your new boss is agreeable with you continuing to work part time. Is it the sort of job where 4 days really means 4 or one where effectively you squeeze 5 days into 4.

Well the palm did survive its journey and is just right for the spot. I am absolutely delighted and so was my daughter, which is a relief. Yesterday was pretty exhausting looking after grandson, who had a cold and then granddaughter after school. Not helped by fact that daughter was trying to work at home. At ,least the weather was good enough to get him out for most of the time. Garden centres are a godsend to Barcelonagrandparents, especially those with with fish and animals, garden ornaments that look like animals, and above all sheds! On duty again tonight for babysitting. But will be spending the day sitting down, exercising my brain rather than my body at a day school on poetry. Hope it doesn't make my head hurt. Full of good intentions to make a healthy salad with quinoa and seaweed. Might compensate for the pizza, ice cream and large glass of sherry last night, before falling asleep in front of the TV,

Have good days everyone.

Most annoying. System doesn't want to accept my post. Got an error message I've never seen before about flooding with identical messages. May have pressed the post button twice. So adding this and trying again in hope.

Highlighted

Rosie, how horrible that you are having all this hassle over money on top of your other worries. I hope taking some of the fluid out makes you more comfortable and helps the wound to heal. Don't blame you for hitting the brandy and come. We live in Clevedon, which you would pass on the M5 about 10 miles north of Weston.

Lovewine, well done with your charity shop find. I haunted charity shops about five years ago looking for China for my daughters wedding- she wanted a traditional English tea with teapots cake stands etc as well as teacups etc. it became a bit all consuming but great fun. The various Cancer related activities I'm going to are all at the Penny Brohn Centre, which started in bristol and has its national centre about 8 miles from me. So I am very lucky. They do run courses elsewhere though and also run 2 day residential courses which I believe people think highly of. The courses are free although if you can afford it they appreciate a donation.

Wildpurl, hope you enjoyed your day off. Great that your new boss is agreeable with you continuing to work part time. Is it the sort of job where 4 days really means 4 or one where effectively you squeeze 5 days into 4.

Well the palm did survive its journey and is just right for the spot. I am absolutely delighted and so was my daughter, which is a relief. Yesterday was pretty exhausting looking after grandson, who had a cold and then granddaughter after school. Not helped by fact that daughter was trying to work at home. At ,least the weather was good enough to get him out for most of the time. Garden centres are a godsend to Barcelonagrandparents, especially those with with fish and animals, garden ornaments that look like animals, and above all sheds! On duty again tonight for babysitting. But will be spending the day sitting down, exercising my brain rather than my body at a day school on poetry. Hope it doesn't make my head hurt. Full of good intentions to make a healthy salad with quinoa and seaweed. Might compensate for the pizza, ice cream and large glass of sherry last night, before falling asleep in front of the TV,

Have good days everyone.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Enjoy your brandy and coke and the wine! 🍷🍷take care.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine we are going out to eat at a local taverna I shall be having a large brandy and coke before the wine!!!
This rate I will be very lucky to get the TE out before the cruise! 😫
Enjoy your evening! 🍷🍷
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh Rosie how bloody frustrating😡😠, you are really being tested in the anger management🙀, fancy threatening legal action going through the ordeal you are experiencing! Hope you get it sorted with the insurance company soon. 100mls seems a lot of fluid to take out, not surprising you are finding it very uncomfortable! Think you and D/H need to look forward to your cruise in April ☀️🚢 and maybe a large steak and glass of wine to cheer you up tonight! Keep your chin up, i know thats easier said than done! X
Highlighted
Community Champion

What a lucky find Lovewine!😃
Well I had 2 rows on the phone today with the clinic and the insurance company and sent DH into the clinic while I went to wait for my appointment. The clinic were very helpful and gave us some good advice. We have paid part of the bill so hope fully I won't end up in court as I was threatened today!!😫
The surgeon said the wound was still leaking and the skin not healing as it was too tight. So guess what happenen????
He took 100mls out of the left tissue expander!!!😫 I said will that have to be put back and he hopped not as the pocket had now been made. I asked how long approx I would have to wait for tissues expanders out and he said 4/5 weeks!😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well my shopping trip was very short, due to my being very cold! With herceptin too i have runny eyes and nose, so that didnt help either! I did manage to nip into the cancer research charity shop, it has very good quality items as market harborough is surrounded by affluent villages with wealthy ladies!! I found a very nice marks and spencer wool jacket for £5.00, i was bizarrely elated at my bargain and found it more satisfying than an expensive new purchase! Am going to carefully wash it later!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl that's great that the new boss is being so accommodating with you continuing on part time! It sounds like you have a good day planned enjoy!
Lovewine sounds like you have a good day planned too hope you find a bargain or 2 in the shops!!!👚👗👖👠👢👜👛😉
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning everyone! Joan the plant sounds lovely! Have a lovely weekend ! You are lucky to be close to the sea, i really love the coast, i find the sea very relaxing, also you seem to have a lot of useful activities in your area for recovering cancer patients- i like the sound of the healthy lunch!
Rosie, you certainly dont need the hassle of medical insurance to add to the stress, hope you can sort it out relatively quickly!
I am at hairdressers this afternoon- yippee!! And maybe a spot of retail therapy this morning👠👜👚 x
Wildpurl, hope you enjoy your day off too today! Cassie, hope you are feeling more refreshed after your day off too despite the chores!
Highlighted

Good morning rosie and everyone!
Day off today, I have spoken to my new boss about part time working and he is OK for me to continue for now and see how it works out with the new role.
Today it is grey and cold so far, I plan to do a bit of pottering and then go for a swim and sauna. Maybe some knitting later, it doesn't seem like a day to be out and about!
Hope you all have good days, and that appointments go well.
Fingers crossed you will not need a biopsy, cassie.
Joan, the healthy coking course sounds good. I love seaweed, and I also find that kale has a similar flavour and texture, I really like that as well. I am seriously impressed by your indoor Palm tree, I think it will be lovely in your daughter's house.
Rosie what a nuisance you are still fighting with your medical insurance company, it seems never ending.
Have a good day Lovewine and don't work too hard. I think going out to see a movie and have a meal will be just what you need. And it's good your hair is making some progress. I find mine seems to look a lot better every time I have it trimmed. I'm due another trim in a couple of weeks, it's getting a bit shapeless again now.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Wildpurl and Lovewnine enjoy your Friday!
Joan the plant sounds wonderful and I am sure your daughter will be delighted. If it is a palm they are quite hardy!🌴
Hope the healthy lunch didn't tip the scales! Whereabouts are you on the Bristol Channel Joan? My aunt used to live in Weston and we visited her every time we drove to the midlands to see our parents when the kids were little as it was a good half way point from Plymouth.
Still having a battle,with medical insurance could well do without that!
Hope you all mange to enjoy the weekend and hope the wind and snow have eased.
Highlighted

Wildpurl, that's great news about the job, what a relief not to have all that uncertainty hanging over you.

Rosie, good luck for tomorrow.

Lovewine, enjoy your day off and the film if you decide to go. Unfortunately all the beachy bits you see in Broadchurch isn't where I live, just the town bits. It's still quite pretty, were on. The Bristol Channel and even have a pier. In fact a 19th century guidebook said the bay was on a par with the Bay of Naples! More than a Bit of overstatement there I'm afraid.

The healthy cooking demo I went to was very useful and the food was delicious, even the side dish using seaweed. If I go again though I won't make the mistake of booking lunch because we all got to eat the food the demonstrator had cooked. Even though it was all very healthy I think the scales may not have good news tomorrow morning.

At the moment in the hall we have a very large plant (180cm) completely encased in corrugated cardboard. It's my younger daughters birthday present. She wants a plant to go in the corner of their garden room, behind the sofa and able to provide some shade! So it has to be tall, quite spreading and able to tolerate direct light and quite a bit of heat. Couldn't find anything in local garden centres so bought one on line from the Palm centre in London. It arrived on Wednesday but I daren't unpack it in case we can't then get it into the car. Keeping my fingers crossed that it has survived and it is what she wants. Never ordered such a big plant before.all will be revealed tomorrow.

Cassie, hope you managed your walk and didn't have to get the bus. Hope you don't have to have another biopsy. It sounds as if you have a few possibilities in terms of outfits for your daughters wedding. I like the sound of the very swanky one.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ha ha Lovewine 😃
I just can't bring myself to go to hairdresser to get mine trimmed!✂️ I think next time it need colouring will be the time to go!
Highlighted
Community Champion

No Rosie, ime sure your not ! What a rubbish time you are having with the problems of inflations/ infections😩
Forgot to say- wig packed away now, had good comments on my " new hair", am having it tidied up at hairdressers tomorrow, its looking a bit ragged and wispey! , rather hoping the bill will be half price seeing as not much hair to cut!- certainly wont need a wash and blow dry thats for sure😳
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine I am not holding my breath for the all clear!!!
It will be good for you tomorrow to have some more relaxation time enjoy your evening tomorrow!😃
Highlighted
Community Champion

Afternoon everyone, cassie, hope you had some relaxation after all that housework today! All these hospital appointments we are having are very stressful.
Rosie, hope you get on ok at your appointment tomorrow!
I have most of tomorrow off and then the weekend, think we may go and see " the theory of everything" and then have something to eat at nearby restaurant!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon Cassie try to find sometime on your day off to relax a little! Good luck with your appointment next week what a nuisance there's the possibility of another biopsy! Hopefully if you do stick at the physio it will bring relief to you. It's certainly worth running the outfits past your daughter to see if they meet with her approval.
Highlighted

Good afternoon Ladies,

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems with bloods being taken and medication side effects and poor Rosie having discomfort and leaking, its impossible to try to move on with all of these things happening to you. I feel blessed so far that so far as I am not on any medication for cancer and the surgery is going to be a year ago in April that I can at least try to put some of it behind me, I have a day off today but as usual its filled with housework catching up so I don't end up needing to do too much at the weekend.

I have an endocrinology appointment next week 20th which no doubt will end up with me having to end up having another biopsy as the last one was not sufficient. Physio is not helping much so far but I will keep at it and see. There is no snow so far and the sun is shining today so I will try to have a walk later and hope my feet are not too painful to make it back again, if I have to resort to the bus to get back it feels pointless.

I have a couple of suits that I have purchased in the last two years that may be suitable for my daughters wedding, I will try to loose a few pounds before trying them on and see if they meet my daughters appoval if not I will get something new, one dress suit which has never been worn and the other was bought for a very swanky wedding held at The Royal Hospital Chelsea, which was not a family wedding so nobody at my daughters wedding will have seen the outfit. Decisions, decisions.......

I hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning everyone from a sunny Cyprus this morning!
Wildpurl I am so pleased for you about the job offer well done you!👍
I do admire your knitting efforts I never did get back into knitting.
Lovewine no extra pound gained the last 2 days but no pound off either!!!'😁
Good for you buying some tulips at least we are half way through this month now!😏
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies! After a very windy night, feeling quite tired this morning.
Wildpurl, thats such good news you have been verbally offered the job you really wanted! Am so pleased for you, this is a sign that 2015 is going to be a good one for you!! Your knitting projects sound very interesting, i may try some easier projects next, like the sound of the hat and gloves.

Rosie, how are you this morning? No extra pound i hope😬. I bought some tulips yesterday and have placed them in my living room where i can see them to remind me Spring isnt that far away, hoping i may feel a little less fed up by then!

Tij, hope herceptin goes smoothly!
Joan, have a good day too!
Cassie, hope you are not too tired from work, interestingly my Onc said yesterday my foot and joint pain is almost definitely still due to the Taxotere, rather than Herceptin, it will pass eventually, lets hope!
Jackie, Lisa, Kirstie, hope you are doing well 👍
Highlighted

Evening all! Glad to hear your heart is still strong Lovewine but what a nuisance about the white cell count and needing another blood test. It's also good to hear your Dad is slowly improving. Hope your son is settling in well too. I know what you mean about feeling you are wasting time while you are well, worrying about what might happen in the future. I don't have an easy answer but I am trying to live in the moment as much as possible and think about how I really want to spend my time. But as Joan says, it is very unsettling thinking about the possibility of recurrence.
Rosie, I can understand your frustration, uncertainty is just what we don't need at the moment. You have really had a bad time with your expanders, I do hope your infection clears up soon and you can be scheduled for surgery to replace the expanders with permanent implants.

Joan I am quite envious of your Qi Gong, it sounds very good, as does the Nordic walking. I have seen the trailers for Broadchurch but am not watching it, I am intrigued now, will have a closer look! Good luck with your grandchildren duties.

Well, this morning I was made a verbal offer of the job I most wanted, which I have verbally accepted, what a relief! I'm very pleased to have got through the process. I also had an interesting talk with the Engineering Director for one of our businesses in London, and then this evening I have been to Body Balance, which I always enjoy.
Thank you those who were asking about my knitting. Since finishing my sweater I have picked up socks which I was knitting at my hospital visits during chemo. I've finished the first sock and am on the heel of the second one now. They are quite quick! I feel like doing a few small projects for a bit, socks and mittens and then I will probably start a new cardigan. I would also like to begin a new blanket in Tunisian crochet, which is a really interesting technique, I tried some samples last year and would like to do more.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening ladies, joan, you seem to have a busy week, thats good for morale i think to do things you enjoy, not sure on the tax return though! I have recorded Broadchurch, it looks so lovely where its filmed! Apparently the beach hut David Tennants character plays is available to let! You are lucky to live in such a pretty area.
Rosie, am so with you on grumpy step!! I am also pig sick of it all now🐷, i feel unable to move on, particularly with the visits to Oncology ongoing! I seem to waste all my energy worrying about recurrence that i am just wasting the time i should be enjoying! I understand when you say you feel unsettled, i do too, think it is the constant worry of echo scans stopping herceptin and now blood cells!

Wildpurl, hope your working week is going well! Good luck with next interview👍

Regarding my dad, he is still very weak and frail, getting a little better each week, but warfarin levels still not stable yet, so some concern over this.
Joan, yes i am heartily sick and tired of hospitals these past 12 months!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine so glad your heart echo was ok. I am sorry you will have to go through the blood test procedure again let's hope it will be much easier next time!
Joan glad that you were able to do your Nordic walking and your other activities! I don't think,anything would put me in a good mood to do an income tax return!!!!
It stopped raining here this afternoon so I took the dog out round the block and felt better for going out. Still feel very unsettled though. I think it's partly due to do with not knowing if herceptin is going to continue if heart echo is showing a problem before the next infusion. Also I am pig sick with the delay in getting the tissue expanders out. The wound still seems to be leaking so I am not holding my breath for getting the all clear on Friday or indeed for having a proper shower. Still with you on the grumpy step Lovewine. 😠😠
Highlighted

Commiserations to all those feeling the January blues/on the grumpy step. I'm feeling more uplifted having done Nordic walking yesterday and then shiatsu and Qi Gong ( which seems to be a bit like Tai Chi for dummies). Tomorrow a healthy cooking demo followed by self help techniques. Hopefully it will put me in the right frame of mind for tackling my income tax return and then grandchild duties on Friday!

Lovewine, you've had a stressful few days. It's great that your heart results were good, but rough about the low blood count and having to have another test after the painful experience you had. Talking to women who have either had or fear a recurrence really does raise the anxiety level doesn't it. Most of the time I can put that more or less to the back of my mind but sometimes....it is good that your OH won't have to wait long for his surgery but you must be heartily sick of hospitals by now. How are things with your dad?

TiJ, glad your echo results were good too. Good luck with trying to lose some weight. Having to walk the dog should help.

Wildpurl, glad your second interview went well. But what a pain if you have to go through a third. Hope your trip to London went well today. Congrats on finishing the sweater. What's next? Great that you've got a date for your op and that you were able to defer it. But Extraordinary to think you are now a year on from your first op.

Rosie, hope you start seeing some results from the scales soon. It's so frustrating when you eat sensibly and nothing happens.

Anyone watching Broadchurch? The main street they show with shops and the hotel, is in my town.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Afternoon ladies, sorry Rosie, not sure how you could get more water in the tassimos! Had my oncology appointment, apptointments were running half an hour late, whilst waiting feeling very stressed i was chatting to a very anxious lady two years on from us and on herceptin , she was waiting for CT scan results on a further lump, that did nothing for my nerves at all😬, anyway my echo was fine and my heart was just the same as pre herceptin! BUT - my white blood cell count is lower than they would like so have to have another blood test in 6 weeks, thinking of the palaver yesterday in finding a vein it doesnt help my mood at all!
Hi Tij, hope your weather doesnt get too bad! Good luck with your herceptin tomorrow too, do you have a check up with your onc every 3 months on herceptin? Your dog sounds lovely🐶, collie/ spaniel what a lovely combination!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Tlj good to hear from you. Glad your new dog is well behaved.🐶 do hope you don't get any snow and that the strong wind dies down soon. Glad all went with your echo and good luck with herceptin today - you must be well on the way with yours now!

Morning ladies,
Sorry to hear about the January blues. I can empathise with you all. I keep trying to convince myself that it is at least getting lighter in the mornings and evenings. Although, on a cloudy day like today it is hard to believe that it is lighter than the end of December.
I'm trying to lose weight too. I'm hoping that the dog walks I am now doing will help burn off some calories. Our new dog is 3 years old and half spaniel and half collie. She is very well behaved.
I had an echo yesterday, all well thank God. More herceptin today.
No snow here so far, thank goodness. If the smallest amount of snow settles here it is absolute chaos. We have a lot of short sharp hills and no snow ploughs, so cars get stuck and then have to wait for a tractor to tow them up the hill! The wind is going to be so strong today that even the freight ferry has been cancelled so I better get to the supermarket before the shelves empty.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry you have snow to contend with also be careful! I have a pile of espresso coffees Tassimo is there a way you can get more water into them without cheating and boiling the kettle which defeats the object!
DH thinks the weight is due to alcohol consumed at the weekend it wasn't that much but more than usual!!! 🙀
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well Rosie, at least no extra pound!! 👍 regarding the tassimos- so you dont feel too deprived, could you drink the Americanos? I have those mostly and the caramel ones as a treat☕️!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Rosie, have been awake most of the night worrying about it 😥 . Hope you havnt put that extra pound on, do you think maybe could be fluid retention, especially as you are being so careful with the calories?
We have had snow too overnight, this is enough to make the commute to hospital for 9.00 a.m even worse!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

The good news is that I haven't put on another pound the bad news neither have I lost a lb!!!😁 and it's pouring with rain here!😫💦Have any of you woken up to snow? If so I hope it isn't causing too much disruption!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine hope your oncologist appointment goes well!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Lovewine and Wildpurl and other ladies! Yes the January blues has hit big time. If I step on the scales this morning and I have put another pound on there will be big time depression😹
Lovewine good news about OH surgery and that hopefully will be keyhole. Wildpurl I agree March is a better time to have your op you will have secured a post by then. Jolly rotton luck they want to do a third interview are they'd trying to catch you out or something? Glad you feel second one went well😃
I didn't touch any tassimos yesterday and when I got hungry in the afternoon I peeled a large carrot.
Great thunder strong starting here that's all I need!!!😁