342101posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

I have to be there for 11.30. My hair appointment is 9.30. I said to DH if we go a little early and I will ring her on the way we may get time just to get it trimmed and I will buy the colour from the Pharmacy again and get DH to do it Saturday morning!
Cassie how,lovely to hear from you we have heard from Lisa, Tlj and you today. Would be lovely to hear from Jackie and Kirstie!
Thanks for the big hug Cassie feeling a little anxious now!😒
Sounds like you have been very busy with the wedding plans. I had to smile at the thought of your cat and the bubbles!😼💦
Sounds like you are making progress with the physiotherapy everything happens much slower than we would like though.
Lovewine hope you manage to get through tomorrow without strangling OH ! Maybe he will be feeling better tomorrow and to be able to do more!😏
Highlighted

Hello Ladies, Well its almost like dusk here at 2.45pm early onset or are we due for a downpour of rain or snow?

I am so sorry to hear about having your expander removed Rosie, you really do not seem to be having much luck, what with the discumfort and leaking and now this, I am sending a big hug.....

I have been reading the thread on and off but have not had much time to write lately. The weekend in Norfolk was productive, I came home late Monday evening. One boys suit was sent back to big, one was just right and the littlest one needed altering waist to small, legs to long and sleeves on the jacket too long, all altered and pressed now, so one suit to go. Both bridesmaids dresses fitted well phew.. just a couple of tacks in the sash to stop it from riding up. Brides dress fitted well so no adjustment needed just some lovely lingerie. We also shopped for some finishing touches for the tables at the reception, fake tea lights jeweled holders and some heart shaped chocolates to scatter around.

I tried my foot spa that one of my daughters bought me for my birthday last night and made the mistake of putting one drip of bath lotion in itm it soon became apparent that the air jets were going to make a lot of bubbles and my cat was amazed and shocked at the same time, I had to laugh.

I have had another physio session today and they seem please with the progress made I feel about 30% at the moment but am continually told this is a slow process that needs time. The next stage is to wear a rucksack with weights in and to do the same excercises, return to the physio dept in a month and see how that has worked. I still get very emotional when explaining how I felt before chemo and how I feel nowWoman Frustrated I could feel the tears welling up today, its so unlike me.

The rain has started outside, have a good afternoon ladies and I hope they get you sorted out soon Rosie and you can feel more comfortable.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, have you heard yet what time your procedure will be ? You really couldnt make it up could you, all these procedures going wrong when you have events and flights looming😥, as Joan says try not to overdo it too much whilst here, easier said than done though isnt it! I really feel for you. I certainly agree about the new kitchen, we had ours done about 10 years ago and still think of the disruption with horror, its definitely the worst room in the house to refit🙀. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. At present the strangulation option is definitely on the cards!

Joan, i really envy your activities, they sound very interesting, i wish i had something like your cancer centre here to give things a go, i feel sometimes i could do more interesting things, hope the babysitting isnt too strenuous tomorrow! Definitely a quiet day on saturday to recover!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon Joan it sounds like you are enjoying a range of sporting activities!
Good luck,with finding a wedding fit! I should go,armed with a DVD for the child care tomorrow whilst you are by yourself!!! Don't overdo it!
I can hardly believe yet another hurdle Joan I am still awaiting the phone call to tell me what time to go tomorrow. The cruise sets sail on April 1st and I dread to think what condition I am going to be in! Fortunately it is only round the med so not too far from home. I was tempted by the Caribbean or Singapore than I goodness I booked with my head and not my heart!!!
So the weekend news will be - did Lovewine manage to restrain from strangling her husband and will I have 1 tissue expander or 2??? 😔
Highlighted

Rosie, I'm struggling to find the words to react to your news and from the understated way you reported it I suspect you were too. (Unless the air was blue!). I suppose it explains wht you have had so much trouble with that side. I hope that the removal will give you some relief from the discomfort. What a pity that you are again having to face a flight immediately after surgery. I hope you are able to get some rest while you are here and there isn't too much rushing around. It sounds as if getting a new kitchen would be more of a hassle than a treat at the moment. when is your cruise?

Lovewine. Hope OH remains unstrangled. Perhaps you should make yourself some of that lovely fudge you tantalised us with. Like you I had surgery after chemo so my checkup isn't until August.

Wildpurl, glad you now know what was wrong with your tooth even though it is going to mean quite a bit of dental work. Hope you are now feeling stronger, I didn't realise that you have your hair trimmed by someone at the hospital. That sounds a really good scheme. Is it run by the NHS or a charity?

Lisa, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you are still struggling with hot flushes. Presumably you have been round the houses on possible remedies both in terms of conventional and alternative medicine? Your trip to New York should be very exciting although probably not very restful. So much to see. How long are you going to be there for? Good luck with reaching your big decisions.

TiJ, good to hear from you too but I'm sorry that you have worries about your extended family. Hope you didn't get too wet on your walk and that the anniversary of your diagnosis doesnt raise your anxiety level too far. How is your older son getting on at school now? Will your younger one be going to the same one?

Had a lovely day yesterday, mostly at the Cancer care centre:shiatsu in the morning, followed by lunch and then Qi Gong. I missed last weeks session but the instructor is very good and repeats everything so didn't feel left behind at all. Been swimming this morning and planning to head out to the local shops this morning to see if I can find an outfit for two weddings, one in a couple of weeks, the other in March. The only wedding type outfits I have are summer. Hoping to fit in a bit of work, then trip to supermarket but with some time to take it easy in between ready for the childcare tomorrow when I'll be on my own for a couple of hours because OH has to go out. Wish me luck.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies, lovely to catch up with your news Lisa and Tij, you both sound busy! Good luck with your yearly check ups, because i had surgery after chemo i dont go back to see surgeon until august.
Lisa it would be great to meet for a coffee, either in Leicester/wistow or anywhere is fine with me!

Rosie, how maddening about the hairdressers appointment too, i know which i would rather be going too tomorrow- hope it goes smoothly! Regarding the earhquake, no i didnt feel anything at all! Only about 15 miles away too!

Off to work now, have good days everyone!😄
Highlighted
Community Champion

Tlj good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you have a worrying family issue and hope it will get resolved soon. I think we are all feeling a bit down as it is a year anniversary for most of us on the April thread since being diagnosed with cancer. For,some of us the journey and battle go on. I certainly now consider it a battle the journey and the duration are still unknown.
Hope your youngest sons interview went well. Glad that your dog is providing you with a welcome distraction! 😃🐶

Morning ladies, I'm sorry that I seem to have disappeared into the ether but I have been quite busy and preoccupied. Last week I took my younger son to the UK for his secondary school interview and then collected the older one and brought him home for the weekend. On top of that I am really worrying about part of my extended family who are going through the most horrific domestic crisis. The lovely new dog is providing some sollice (?sp). She is really well behaved and making me get out and walk everyday. She goes absolutely bonkers chasing pheasants in the fields!
Next week my husband is going away to the same conference he attended this time last year when I went for my mammogram. Both of us are feeling a wobbly!
My hair is making slow but steady progress. It is still very thin and sparse on top but the sides almost need a cut.
Rosie, I can't believe what you have been going through both you and your husband must be so fed up with the continual round of medical appointments.
I hope everyone else has a good day. Dashing out now to walk the dog in the pouring rain and then going to a meeting for the charity I help out with.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine I have just read the news about the earthquake in your neck of the woods, did you feel anything? We get small ones quite regularly here I have only experienced one though. The last big one here was 30 years ago! The properties are now supposed to be earthquake proof!!!?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lisa how lovely to hear from you!!your big decisions sound exciting and how wonderful to be going to New York at Esater this will help you get through the rest of the term!😃
Hope all goes well at your one year check. I am sorry to hear that you are still having such horrid problems with hot flushes and hope this can be sorted soon. Keep in touch!
I am waiting for a phone call for a time to go for my tissue expander removal tomorrow. I was devastated when I realised will miss my hair appointment. I don't think she is open today either so I will have to phone her in the morning to cancel. DH and I are flying to uk on Saturday night until Wednesday have some things to sort out with my sister regarding dad's property. So yet again after a surgical/ medical procedure I find myself on a plane. We booked now rather than half term as the flights are obviously much cheaper plus the fact I thought I would be recovering from my implant surgery!🐷✈️ Can anyone guess the saying?
Lovewine I hope OH is improving and you won't have to strangle him by the weekend! 😃
I could get excited about the kitchen but then when I realise we have to lose a wall and all the present kitchen and tiles have to come out I can't bear the thought of the mess and disruption!!! Our house is fully open plan downstairs so the kitchen can't be shut off dust will go everywhere and you know what it is like with dogs!!!😫🐶
I think I would have to move out for a week and come back when it is finished!!!
I hope you all manage to avoid the snow and keep warm. It is supposed to rain here for the next 2 days we had a little yesterday but sun shinning mostly blue sky so far. The temperature has dropped a bit though.
Joan I will wave to you when we land at Bristol! No time this visit to see DD or YS 😥. We will just about make a visit to DH mum who is 88 and still lives by herself. She is the last remaining parent.
Busy day for me got to get things sorted before I get cut again!😫😁😭
Highlighted

Evening everyone, just thought I'd come and say hello. I have been reading the thread occasionally  and thinking about you all often.

Rosie - I can't believe you are still having so much trouble with the expanders, I would be very cross I think .... sometimes things just feel never ending, as if its not enough to have to deal with the cancer itself. I do hope you get some solution soon and some relief from both the discomfort and anxiety.

Lovewine - I'm liking your new photo, you look really well, hope everything is OK with you (apart from having to look after OH ! ) have you been to a different hospital in Leicester for his surgery ... that's probably all of them you have visited now for one reason or another !!! It would be good to catch up for a coffee one day if you fancy it? 

Wildpurl - Looks like you are still cooking some tasty dishes, I've been trying to watch what I eat and have had a go at a few different recipes, I even gave the Jamie Oliver vege chilli a go as it was so highly recommended and it was lovely. Are you thinking about your crops for the coming year yet???

Joan - Glad that you have some good news and that your lump wasnt what you thought ... relief !

Hope everyone else is doing OK too. 

I'm doing OK, back to the breast surgeon mid Feb for a one year check ... can't believe its gone so quickly ! I'm still working 4 days a week and thinking of making some big decisions about my life ! I'm still going round in circles trying to find something to relieve hot flushes ... no change there and have just booked a trip to New York at Easter which I am very excited about !

Well, that's enough for now just wanted to catch up

Lisa x

Highlighted
Community Champion

It's just the left one he is removing Lovewine on Friday. No idea why it has been rejected!😁
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh no Rosie, i am really sorry you have that set back😩, you must feel really fed up with the damn expanders, you will need something nice to plan- like your new kitchen to cheer you up a little. Do you know why you have rejected them?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Wildpurl I sympathise with your forthcoming dental treatments but at least you safe the tooth!
Lovewine men don't help themselves and can't suffer any sort of discomfort it's a food job they don't have the babies!!!
The herceptin went well over in an hour today. Had lunch in IKEA and picked up some bookcases for school. Also made and appointment in the kitchen department next time we are in Nicosia. 18 Feb or plan a new kitchen.😃
Unfortunately very bad news at the clinic this afternoon he has to,take the tissue expander out on Friday am under local!!!!😫😁😭
My body has rejected it and infection keeps building up. Then I have to wait about a month before he decides on the onward journey!!!
Highlighted

Haha Lovewine, I am sure you will manage to restrrain yourself but hopefully OH will be recovering before you get to that stage.

Rosie I hope you have a had a productive day and got some answers!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh thats a shame wildpurl, but at least it can be sorted out! Awful here too, very cold and windy.
O/h lying about in his pyjamas huffing and puffing and looking pained! Am about at end of nurse mode now and can feel by the end of the week i will want to strangle him!
Rosie, hope you got on ok today.
Highlighted

Well, tooth has hairline cracks and one dead nerve, so root canal and crown needed. First appointment a week on Friday. In a way it's a relief to know what is wrong and I think if it is dealt with now I will save the tooth and it won't give me any more problems, so that would be good.
Terrible weather here today, windy and wet, yuck
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, thinking of you today and your whirl of appointments. Enjoy ikea!! I find it very stressful visiting our ikea in Nottingham although i like the products! O/H hates it too with a vengeance!
Wildpurl, hope no treatment needed at the dentist, hairdressers a much nicer visit!
Highlighted

Morning all, Joan so glad to hear your lump was nothing to worry about. Rosie, you have had a worrying time, how horrible to feel leaking. Good luck with your appointments today and I hope you get some idea of the plan going forward.
Lovewine, I too am hopeless with ill people as I lack the patience. I think you are doing really well, hope OH feels better soon.

I have the dentist this morning, to see if anything needs doing to my now OK tooth, and this afternoon I am having my hair trimmed by the lady at the hospital. In the meantime I am working from home.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan thank,goodness for that so relieved for you!😊
No more leaking thank goodness it,really scared me when it was flowing out!
Lovewine glad you have got OH home. Hopefully he will feel more comfortable tomorrow!😏
An early start tomorrow DH taking me got to be in Nicosia at 8.40am and not till 4.15 in Limassol. I think we will be marking time in IKEA!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thats great news Joan, what a big relief, just shows how the worry is never far away from the surface for us all. Enjoy your evening now😄.
Rosie, no further leaks i hope? Good luck tomorrow with herceptin and surgeon.

I collected O/H from hospital at lunch time, he is very sore and tired, has now gone to bed, have managed my nurse duties with a smile and good grace😃, how long i can keep that up for am not sure!! The gallstones were given to us in a jar- they are disgusting things, O/Hs were the size of a conker!
Highlighted

Panic over. The lump is fat necrosis, apparently the result of surgery and radiotherapy, when the fat forms into a sort of soap. Sounds disgusting but at least not worrying. It should disperse over time. oddly enough I had it years ago after I tripped over a loose paving slab and the boob went purple. Several months later I got a large lump and of course was convinced I had cancer. So was my GP. But it felt very different from this one.

Rosie, hope you haven't had further leaks and the surgeon can sort it out tomorrow.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine and Joan! I have decided as I am going tomorrow anyway and it has settled down I will wait. Don't really want to ring helpline from Cyprus will take all my phone credit!
Joan you will not be wasting the surgeons time and after all you have been through you want to be given the all clear ASAP!
Highlighted

Oh Rosie, how horrible for you. I do hope it settles down. I can understand your reluctance to ring the hospital in view of the lengthy journey to Limassol but I do wonder if you should at least seek some advice. If you are going in tomorrow it might not mean a journey today. Failing that, what about ringing the helpline as Jo suggests.

Lovewine, glad your husbands surgery is over, but the wait must have been difficult, you must have been exhausted when you got home. That sone was pretty big, as you say he must have been in a lot of pain. Hope he is not too uncomfortable today and that you Play Florence Nightingale as needed. Thanks for the reassurance about the lump. I' vary between feeling I am bothering the surgeon about nothing and visualising being told that the Cancer has come back. I guess it's going to be like this for a while at least.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, i sympathise entirely with reluctance to trek to Limassol, i would feel the same too. You know your own body and how you feel, definitely a day on the sofa for you. It does get you down all these problems and treatments i wonder if there will ever be a " normal " life ever again too! Take care!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad everything went well Lovwine! Good luck,with the patient.
Reluctant to ring as I will probably be told to go to Limassol which means fetching DH out of school. It is an 84 Kms journey from here! All to be told it is draining and go back in three days. I don't feel unwell. As I thought it had dried up I only dressed it with a single layer- big mistake. I now have my clothes outside drying. Everytime I try to lead anything like a normal,life I get a set back it is now 6 months post surgery. I don't hold out much hope of even being sorted by the summer. I couldn't bear another summer without swimming! 😭
If it leaks out again I will call all under control at the moment will have to take it even more easy today!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, i would definitely ring the hospital, it probarly is draining as should do, but best to be sure, what a rubbish start to the day, good luck.
Joan, i have heard other ladies on the forum having lumps appear a few months after treatment , it has been scar tissue, for your own peace of mind it is best to be checked, but as Rosie said it is very worrying for you, will be thinking of you both today.

Well i came home at about 11.00 p.m, surgery went well, the stones were in a jar, one of them was the size of a large conker, O/H must have been in considerable pain for some time😁. I will do part of my collecting/ delivering this morning, O/H will hopefully be discharged late morning, will collect him and take him home, i have a smaller workload today to look after him! I am a terrible nurse though, i get very impatient with the sick person!
Wildpurl, hope you are warm again today, it is milder here today, but i do believe we have very cold and snowy weather from wednesday onwards!
Highlighted

Hi Rosie14

It's best to be on the safe side - do give your team a ring and check, or ring the helpline here 0808 800 6000

lines open at 9am.

Take care

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted
Community Champion

I have just had a very nasty experience. I was sat in the chair with my iPad and all of a sudden I felt trickling down my front. On investigation clear yellow liquid was running down my front and soaking into my jeans!!! I sat for a few seconds wondering what to do. DH had gone to school. I went upstairs to the bathroom and had to change my clothes after dressing the offending area! Now I am very depressed. DH will shout at me if I don't phone surgeons receptionist to tell her. But I am going tomorrow. It seems to have settled down. I am sure he will say it's draining this is what we want it to do!😭😁😫
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine hope all went well and you had that large glass of wine!🍷Are you working today or fetching OH and then looking after him?
Joan I do hope that your lump is nothing to worry about its a good job you can fast try track. It's a constant worry to us when we find an abnormality on our bodies that it maybe something sinister.😳
I haven't put any more weight on Joan I may have lost a pound but I can't eat exactly what I wants too. I will get weighed on the hospital scales tomorrow before herceptin!😒
Glad lunch at sister in laws was more tasty than expected! I find salt and pepper works well! Sounds like you had an enjoyable day yesterday with plenty of rest.😃
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies, Am still waiting for O/H to come out of theatre! He went in just before 8.00 p.m!
Will make sure he is ok and then go home and have a large glass of wine and something easy to eat.
Highlighted

Lovewine, I hope your husbands surgery is now over and all has gone well. I suspect your feeling of doom may be due, at least in part, to anxiety over that. I remember when my husband had his first hip operation I had all sorts of dark thoughts.But the anniversary of finding your lump can't be helping. And you have had so much illness and worry to cope with over the last few months it's not surprising you are not in the most optimistic frame of mind. I do normally go Nordic walking on Tuesday, well remembered, but tomorrow I shall be back at the hospital, hopefully being reassured that the tiny lump I discovered last week is only scar tissue. I rang the breast care nurse in the hope that she would say it's normal but she wanted me to get it checked out. Fortunately it is possible to go straight back to the surgeons, no need to go through the GP.

rosie, I hope your fears prove groundless. Having to have the tissue expanders removed after all you have gone through with them would be dreadful. As Lovewine says you would be entitled to the whole grumpy staircase. On a lighter note, how is your diet going? I was doing all right earlier in the week but from Friday on it has been hopeless.

Wildpurl, hope you are feeling better and warmer. I like the sound of your apricot and chickpea curry. Unlike Rosie, I really like North african inspired food. Lunch at sister in laws was better than expected. Just a basic stew but quite tasty.

Spent most of yesterday recovering from Saturday. Felt more energised today and have managed a swim, a walk, lunch with an ex colleague (another non diet day!) and even some work. Did retire to the sofa with a thriller at 5.30 though and now about to settle down and watch Broadchurch in front of a blazing log fire.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wildpurl hope you enjoyed your curry tonight. Glad you have been warmer and the house is warm when you get home. Awful,coming home after a day at work and the house being cold! We have had temperatures of 19 and 20 for the last week and it is set to drop to 15,14, and 12 over the next few days with 2 days rain. This will be challenging and I will be burning logs all day long! After a few days it will improve again and back to sun and warmer temps.
Highlighted

Good luck to your OH Lovewine, I think it will all go well and he will feel so much better as he recovers after the operation. Sorry you have a sense of impending doom, I think it is very likely it is to do with the anniversary of your diagnosis. probably not helped by spending yet more time in a hospital!

Rosie I guess the main thing is to get rid of the infection, after that it is possible you could go back to an expander again, but I could understand you being on the grumpy step big time! I hope it won't come to that.

Today I wore a thicker sweater to work and I have not been cold at all. Tooth seems perfectly fine now and cold sore fading fast, so a much better week. We have set the heating to come on earlier in the afternoon now, and the house is much warmer when we get home.
The apricot and chickpea curry is bubbling away, it is a very good accompaniment to a chicken or turkey curry as the slightly sweet sauce goes well with the white meat. We often make a series of curries like this, having one to start with and then leftovers together with a new one each day. I love spicy food.
Highlighted
Community Champion

I expect OH is nervous now and you will be glad to see him back from theatre. I think the feeling of doom you are feeling could be to the anniversary of the start of our journey mine was also the beginning of February. My herceptin is also on Wednesday so it's a double whammy!!! 😫😫 I keep meeting people who tell me how well I look and have I finished all my treatment now! If only.😥
Anyway thinking of you and your OH tonight! X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Afternoon Rosie, yes indeed it is O/Hs surgery day- i have to take him there for 5.00 p.m, a bit odd really so late in the day, apparently the doctors / surgeons work in the nhs in the day and then do the nuffield work in the evening!! O/h is very nervous now. He will be in tonight and hopefully be able to come home tomorrow, i will stay with him until he comes out of surgery and then come home. I have felt very unsettled and anxious in the last couple of days, almost have a feeling of doom- know that sounds dramatic, but i cant quite pinpoint what it is exactly, obviously worried about O/h but dont think its entirely why i feel this way.

Rosie, i really sympathise with your worries over surgeons appt and tissue expanders, i really hope your concerns are unfounded as i also couldnt bear to think of you having to start again with the expanders, not only would i be on grumpy step but think i would take over the whole staircase😥, what day is it this week you are having herceptin? This whole process seems relentless at the moment, i wonder if some of my unsettled feeling is due to the first anniversary on 4th feb of finding my " lump" , i remember writing in my diary " have found a lump and know my life will never be the same again", how bloody right i was!

Wildpurl, hope you are warmer today and also enjoy apricot and chick pea curry, i hate being cold too😩,hope your toothache and sores are a little better.

Cassie, hope your weekend in norfolk was productive and you could forget your worry for a short time

Joan, hope you are not too tired today, is it tomorrow you do nordic walking?
Love to all other ladies whatever you are doing!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine I have just remembered I am sure it was today that your OH was having his surgery do hope all goes well. Will he stay in overnight?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Everyone!
Wildpurl it's very important to be warm I hate feeling cold and our house loses it's heat so quickly in the winter. It is single glazing with 2 patio windows in the living area plus an additional 2 windows. The living area is all open plan, lounge, dining room and kitchen with the stairs raising out of the area!
Glad you enjoyed your turkey curry I am not sure about the apricot and chick pea one though! Hope you enjoy it I am not a sweet and soar person. I didn't get on with the stew in Tunisia as that had apricots in it!
Lovewine hope your week starts well. Joan hope you feel more rested. Cassie hope you are not overdoing it?
Tlj, Lisa, Jackie and Kirstie hope you are all well and moving forward.
I am worried now about what the surgeon will suggest next on Wednesday have been reading some posts about woman with infections having the tissue expander removed allowing the skin to heal and then replacing it and going through the motions again! I couldn't bare this I think it would be my final ticket to remain permanently on the grumpy step!!!!😫😁
Highlighted

Evening Rosie, your day sounds good fun! I have done some housework but generally have been resting and getting on with my crochet. My feeling is that last week I was too cold at work and then we did not have the house warm enough when we got home, and that is why I got run down. I am going to take a fleece jacket to work this week, as my desk area seems to be very cold in the afternoon. Also we have set the heating to come on much earlier and this seems to be working well.
Joan, take it easy, hope your lunch was OK!

OH came home and made a very nice Turkey curry using left over turkey from Christmas, which has been in the freezer. The curry was lovely, tomorrow I am going to make an apricot and chickpea curry from A Girl Called Jack. Are you aware of her blog? I don't follow it regularly but I do like her recipes.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies! I just lost a post as youngest son skyped me the same could happen again soon by older son!!!
We found snow at the top,of Troodos and 50% of Cyprus must have been there. The children were having great fun on sledges and building snowmen! We took the dog with us as we would have been put rather a long time. She has been once before in the snow about 3 years ago. It takes about 1.30 hrs Lovewine to get there. We stopped at Omodos on the way for lunch. The sunny side of the street was very busy and we had to go on the shady side and wear our coats we had to sit out because we had the dog!
Wildpurl glad your lip,and tooth seem to be improving I think your body needs a rest.
Joan you too seem to have been overdoing it I hope you aren't going down with something maybe you are just tired. I think we are all fed up and frustrated by the fact that we still struggle to lead a normal life!😁
Hope your sister in law surprised you with her meal Joan'
Lovewine glad you are happy with your new hare bedding!
DH has made a very large pan of vegetable strew hope fully it will be ready soon as it is well past my supper time and I will be getting sleepy in an hour!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, hope you enjoyed the snow, how lovely to have the best of both temperatures! How far do you drive to the mountains from your home?
Wildpurl, i think maybe your housework can wait and try and have a quiet day, you are probarly run down, hence the coldsore, i know its not easy to slow down when you are a busy person!
Joan, hope you enjoy your lunch- as you say at least you are not having to cook , thats a big bonus! I think looking after children is very tiring, so not surprising you feel worn out the next day. I was watching Tony Robinsons walking in history last night , he was in Dorset and visited Lyme regis and the Cobb, i do like his programmes. I havnt found the time yet to watch Wolf Hall, hoping to this evening😄
I have picked up by click and collect my Hare bedding and very happy with it😃
Highlighted

Rosie, what a time you have been having with your flue and the car. You certainly deserved your Phil Collins night out. Hope you Enjoy your trip to the snow. How amazing to have 20 degrees where you are but to be able to drive to see snow. I'm sitting shivering at home tucked up with hot water bottle and rug while husband insists the house is warm so hope I'm not going down with something. Think I might have overdone it the last couple of days, first with looking after grandkids on Friday then went down to the coast at Lyme Regis Yesterday because it was such a beautiful day. walked on the Cobb then on the fossil beach had a nice lunch then walked along the prom. Started looking at a couple of shops but Then ran out of steam and despite sitting down for a bit had to call it a day. Absolutely shattered when we got back. Most frustrating. I think for the moment we are going to have to plan an easy day on Saturdays when we're looking after the kids on Fridays.

Wildpurl, sorry you have been under the weather. Rotten luck Having cold sores and toothache at the same time. Hope the Zovirax has sorted the first and that the dentist will deal the other. At least you managed your very successful shopping trip. How was the Burns supper?

Lovewine, sorry to hear your dad has shingles. I remember my father in law getting it when he was very elderly and it was so painful and debilitating. It's good though that they are giving him the super duper medication, I hope it clears it up quickly. Well done with the decorating, it sounds as if you are getting your energy back now. I like the sound of the blueberry and yoghurt muffins, very tempting. Did you enjoy Wolf Hall? I recorded it but annoyingly our machine has decided to pack up. Hoping we will be able to get it repaired this week otherwise it's either sitting in front of the computer to watch it together on I player or watching it separately, it in comfort, on the I pad.

Now off to lunch with sister in law. Unfortunately she isn't a good Cook and likes very bland food so can't say I'm looking forward to it but at least I don't have to cook.
Highlighted

Enjoy your snow trip rosie! OH is working again today, I am trying to motivate myself to do some housework. Both cold sore and tooth continuing to improve, which is good but I just feel sleepy and disinclined to exert myself.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning everyone. Well DH has decided we are going to the Troodos mountains to see the snow! If I don't seem eager he will work all day. It seems a bit silly when the weather on the ground is 20 degrees! Oh well time to locate hat, scarf and woolly hat!!!⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️
Highlighted
Community Champion

Result Wildpurl! 😊
Three muffins Lovewine still warm I would have done the same that's why I don't bake!😉 I think you deserve them after the decorating! Hope your quilt set meets with your approval!
Highlighted
Community Champion

What a succesfull trip wildpurl, i was looking at m&s online earlier and saw a very nice tan handbag with turn lock. May order it next week! I finished my decorating, felt very pleased with my efforts! Have found and ordered a very pretty duvet set with hares on the pattern, from asda ! Really inexpensive and just right for my spare room.
I also baked blueberry muffins and proceeded to eat 3 of them , couldnt even wait for them to cool down, so did your burning of the mouth in my impatience routine Rosie! Ouch😬
Hope you have had a good saturday ladies.
Highlighted

I had a good shopping trip, I bought some new ankle boots, a new handbag and a work skirt, I was very pleased with my purchases Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good your lip is getting better wildpurl, as rosie says the whiskey will help you feel better!! Hope you find something nice with your voucher, i too would have been there waiting to spend it on boxing day if they opened!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Wildpurl,glad your lip is improving. Your Burns supper sounds wonderful I think the whiskey will be good for the tooth ache!😉
Enjoy spending your voucher you are very reserved keeping it this long I would have been at the store on 27th Dec at the latest!!!
Highlighted

Morning! Your Phil Collins tribute night sounds very enjoyable, rosie! Good luck with the grocery shopping. Lovewine, hope you make good progress with the decorating, it is so satisfying to complete a room and see it look different. Blueberry and yogurt muffins sound very nice indeed, may have to search my muffin books for a recipe!
I'm pleased to say that this morning my lip just looks dry and sore rather than deformed, so I think that is progress! Tooth slightly better I think and certainly no worse but being very careful with it until dentist has discovered what is wrong. This morning Pilates, then I need to go into town, have to prove my identity at a building society and will also take Xmas gift voucher to M&S. Then more crocheting once I get home.

Tonight is our Burns Night celebration, OH being Scottish, so we will be having haggis, neeps and tatties plus whisky, all easy to eat with bad tooth fortunately and one of my favourite meals.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!