342089posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Trust all went well Lovewine. Do you sometimes feel dizzy or have a burnt mouth sensation?
I chickened out of driving the car as DH reminded me I had internal stitches to the muscle. I did however take the dog down to the bins to get rid of our fish bits from last night. I don't like keeping them in the kitchen bin because they stink!😽
Dry and sunny today here thanks goodness after 2 days of storms!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Herceptin nurse coming just before 9.00, so suits me fine! Rosie, enjoy your day of doing something ' normal' like a bit of shopping!! And no dont overdo it- you certainly dont want any further stitches right now😬!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you have an early session Lovewine always good to get things out of the way!!!
Yes indeed we do take things for granted even emptying the washing machine! Well I shall not overdo it don't want anymore set backs!!!!
Hope all you other ladies are well and looking forward to the weekend and half term for those that have a holiday. Tlj I expect your son will come home?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good you are feeling a little better Wildpurl, take it easy.
Rosie, at least you are more able to do things now- a good start for those of an impatient nature like us! Enjoy the shopping, strange how we take for granted the mundane things in life- don't realise until we can't do them!
Yes my herceptin is tomorrow- nurse rang to say I was first of the day so at least I can get off to work after the 2 hours of small talk!💉😬
Highlighted
Community Champion

I asked about driving and he said I could so I shall go for a little ride to the supermarket tomorrow to get a few things! I must make sure I get in a space I can drive out of without reversing!!!!😉
Is it tomorrow you have your herceptin Lovewine if so hope all goes well and you don't get a plumber visiting!!!😃
Wildpurl,that's good news that you have felt like doing your crochet. It sounds like you have had a sensible day resting. Don't overdo it tomorrow at work you don't want to spend half of your time off being ill!
Highlighted

Oh that's good news you have had your stitches out, rosie! I hope you are more comfortable now. And glad you have some Tassimos, too.
Lovewine, I think you are right about the effect of all that stress on the immune system, it is always when the stress is over that the side effects seem to kick in! I have had a very quiet day with several naps and some TV. I am not coughing much now and have enough energy to crochet for the first time this week, always a good sign. I have also been taking Nat. mur. which works very well for me to rebalance my constitution. Planning to go to work tomorrow at the moment!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, yes i am incredibly impatient! Agree the waiting for results and treatment is the hardest!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good news Rosie, no stitches, that must feel more comfortable for you hopefully, enjoy your tassimos☕️😄!
Will you be able to drive now or have to leave it until you return in 3 weeks?

Wildpurl, sorry to hear you are not feeling great, coughing at night is really tiring, you feel drained the next day, so you are wise to have stayed at home today, as Rosie says next week you can have a good rest and regain some strength, i think maybe you had so much stress just before christmas with yours and O/Hs job situation, your immune system probarly took a knock! Hope you feel better soon, hot milk and whiskey before bed works a treat!😋
Highlighted
Community Champion

Stitches gone and caramel Tassimos purchased!😃☕️
Got to go back in 3 weeks to assess the situation!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ha ha Lovwine and Wildpurl maybe we should stop off at the supermarket for Tassimos!😜
Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell again Wildpurl as you say it is jolly annoying after going through chemo unscathed. Hopefully you will be able to have a good rest over you holiday. Sending you some flowers to cheer you up!💐
Lovewine I think you and I face the same impatience issue and want everything to happen immediately! This is what has been so hard facing the cancer journey as we have to wait for results and then wait for treatment!😁
Highlighted

Morning ladies, oh dear rosie the chocolate sounds a bit disappointing. I hope you get safely to Limassol and that the surgeon can take out your stitches and give you some more information. Good idea of Lovewine's to get more Tassimos on the way home!

I thought yesterday that my cold was getting better, but yesterday evening and last night I started coughing, which was very tiring and painful and I kept waking up to cough during the night. So I have decided that going to work is not the best plan and am staying at home today. I have been out to buy cough mixture and lemons and am feeling more comfortable albeit tired.

I must say that after not having a single snuffle before or after my surgery, or during chemo with no immune system, or at the end of last year with all the job related stress, I am feeling quite sickly this year! This is my third day off sick since 5th January and the second time I have had this cold, and the accompanying cold sore! I'm completely fed up with being ill!

I am hoping to be OK to go to work tomorrow, as I have a lot to get done before my week off next week. I have 10 days off from Friday, so should be able to rest and recover fully.

Good days everyone!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck today Rosie😬, hope you dont face too many problems with the floods today- not what you need on top of stress of going to a hospital , maybe you could pick up some tassimos on the way home!!☕️, i have started drinking ovaltine at bedtime, thats lumpy too especially if i am too impatient to mix it properly!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning again from a very wet Cyprus!!! DH and the dog got soaked this morning. When DH was in the shower I had a call from the caretaker to say he had just heard on the radio that Potima Bay was closed. This is a coast road that runs from the outskirts of Paphos to Coral Bay. Several staff and pupils use this route. The deviation would take them miles round! It is still raining but has eased off and the sky is much brighter. It could hamper our journey later to Limassol!😁
Hope you are all getting through the week, Wednesday today- I was always glad on Wednesday night with the main part of the week over!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Due to my absence of Tassimos I decided to have options Belguim hot chocolate this afternoon. Only trouble was it has been in the cupboard for about 2 years and not only was it difficult to spoon out of the jar but it didn't dissolve properly and I had a mouth full of gobs of powder!!!🙀
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh that doesnt sound very nice, hope it eases off soon, have about 2 slices of cake left! Think my healthy eating has gone out the window recently!🍰🍷🍫🍪😼
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Lovewine! Weather here has been terrible today heavy rain and wind front door keeps banging!
Have you finished your cake now?😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear Rosie, what an ordeal it sounds for you, hope everything goes to plan tomorrow when you see the surgeon. X
Highlighted
Community Champion

I hardly dare ask Lovewine! I am hoping as is the surgeon, that the pocket created will be ample to insert the implant which of course can't be done until it has healed. I couldn't bear it if he suggested putting another expander in. The expander on the right will be taken out when I have the final implants in. Please God let it be under general and not local!!!!😫 I have put on 2 pounds again so having to have a very sensible week!😫😬
Hope your day goes well!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning Rosie, enjoy your coffee meeting with your friend today, you will miss her i am sure, not long for stitch removal! So maybe you can at least go and pick up some tassimos at whim!! Do you have an idea what happens next with expanders?
I have quite a busy work schedule today, so better get a move on!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies from a wet, windy and stormy Cyprus! Wildpurl glad you are feeling a little better it will be good to rest more next week. I have stopped taking the painkillers now the stitches in my side pull and are itchy the ones in the chest don't bother at all. Hopefully they will all be taken out tomorrow!😏
Hope you manage to get your wine tour booked so that you can enjoy it! Glad to hear your meditation videos are going well and your moon course.
Lovewine.Joan, Tlj hope you all have good days. Hope your dad's blood pressure has improved Lovwine! Cassie, Kirstie, Lisa and Jackie hope you ladies are all coping well.
Highlighted

Glad your OH is back at work now Lovewine. Sorry to hear your Dad is not so well, and that your Mum is suffering from stress, it must be very difficult for her.
Rosie I hope you are feeling a little better, the weather doesn't sound great though!
I was feeling well enough to go to work today but am quite tired now, so planning an early night. I hope I will continue to feel better as the week goes on.
OH is booking a vineyard tour and lunch which was another Xmas present from his brother. It has to be taken by 22/4 and the only two dates we can make before then are 28/3 and 29/3, two days before my surgery! After that I would need at least 4 weeks before I would feel comfortable driving quite a long way and having a nice but tiring day out, which takes us past the expiry date of the voucher.

I have done two of my meditation videos over the weekend, they are very nicely done and relaxing. I also started looking at the moons course today, I have already learned 8 myths about moons! I'm enjoying it so far
Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you have had a good day Lovewine we have rain and storms for the next 4days!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, cant bear running out of Tassimos😩, instant just isnt the same!! I did quite a good days work and then did some pruning in the garden as its a lovely day- i even saw some very tiny lambs in the local fields this morning- spring is on its way🌱🌼! Must say i am worn out now though ! I am making the most of being able to eat cake and fudge without gaining weight- i am well aware this may not be always the case!! But long may it last!!
Joan, hope your book club meeting went well, Wildpurl, hope your cold hasnt turned too nasty.
Highlighted
Community Champion

It's good OH is back to Lovewine you can return to normal! Sorry to hear about your dad's blood pressure lets hope it can be treated at home! I feel so sorry for your mum it's such a worry for her and a tie being his career it's no wonder she is not enjoying the best of health. The rain has stopped here now but it is cloudy. Have run out of Tassimo coffee so will have to have instant. They were on the shopping list I left in the house!!! Nothing happening here today my friend is going to,pick me up,for,coffee tomorrow before she goes back to UK on Wednesday until April.😞
I wish I could eat so much cake and fudge as you Lovewine😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning everyone, very cold again here, but sunny and crisp and no snow! At least you will be nice and warm today Rosie, i read a little in the mornings as i find i fall asleep too at night! O/H back to work for a full week this week - hopefully! So normal day to day routine can be resumed! Although i spoke to mum and dad yesterday and dads blood pressure is sky high so doctors this morning for him,mum has acid stomach and sickness caused by suffering with her ' nerves' , which is hardly surprising, i wont be surprised if dad is whisked back into hospital again😟.
Good mondays whatever you are all doing! Rosie, good luck with the restricted goodies🍰🍷🍫, i have eaten most of my cake now!😄
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning everyone it's raining here today DH has just lit me a nice fire!😊🔥
Will have to watch what I eat this week had far too much to eat and drink over the weekend!🙀🍷🍴🍕🍲🍞🍨
Hope you all have a good start to the week. Wildpurl hope you are feeling energised to cope with the next 4 days! Tlj hope the play went well and you had a good weekend. Lovewine and Joan hope you are enjoying your books. I have found one downloaded one onto the Kindle I can't remember putting there! I read in bed so don't get many pages read before I am asleep!!😴
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies!
Wildpurl,what a nuisance to have another cold sore do you think it is the cold weather causing them? Do hope the cream works quickly!
Let's hope by the time we meet up in July we will be complete women Wildpurl👯!
I envy all these different groups and activities you all seem to have available. When I have recovered I will hopefully be able to return to aqua fit and restart yoga. At the moment this seems like a million miles away! We have chicken pox going round school so I am staying away from there even if I felt fit enough to go in- don't want to risk shingles again!!!
Have you got any of your cake left Lovewine??😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan, have just looked on amazon at Jeffrey Deaver books, must say they look right up my street, serial killers etc! Will try one when finished present book- a very good thriller called ' the girl on the train'.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you have all had good days- Wildpurl, how irritating having another cold sore, hopefully the anti viral cream will sort it out- sounds like you have quite a lot of surgery to come, but as you say the mastectomy was the biggest one.
Joan and Rosie hope your lunches were enjoyable! Joan, a book club sounds quite interesting - might see if anything like that around here, especially now i have more time to enjoy reading again.
I baked a lime and coconut drizzle cake today using spelt flour, it has turned out very nice , only problem is i just cant stop eating it!!
Tij, hope your weekend and sons play went well.
Highlighted

And in addition to a cold my cold sore has returned!!!!! Luckily I have spotted it right away and still have anti viral cream left....

Rosie, that does leave you very isolated, I can see. Mind you, the thought of my whole family crowding into the surgeon's consultation sessions doesn't appeal to me! After I have the operation in March I will still need to have another in due course to swap out both expanders for the permanent implants, and also I would like to have an oophorectomy because of the BRCA2 risk. But I don't think either of those will be quite as long to do or to recover from as the mastectomy. So you might still get your final implants before I do.

Lovewine, what a great idea to start a support group! I wish I lived a bit closer!

Joan, I will be having a peaceful week at home over half term. Hopefully I will get on with some gardening and I certainly plan to sow vegetable seeds and get first early potatoes ready. I have often toyed with the idea of being in a book group, I tried an online one once but people just kept moaning about how they didn't like the book and it didn't really provide any insights. Maybe a face to face group would be more interesting.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Enjoy your Carvery Joan! We do have a dishwasher but stopped using it when I had chemo as DH thought it wasn't getting things clean enough. Also in the summer we have problems with the water pressure! It's the bending down to put the pots in and out also at the moment! I don't sleep that well and since getting back from UK have been sleeping in the chair again during the day!
I am sure you will manage to lead very well on your book tomorrow as long as you don't read the other one today!!!😃
Highlighted

Rosie, my advice would be to get a dishwasher. Men seem to like stacking them! And at least it gets the dishes out of the way. I hadn't realised that women from the UK who get cancer usually go back there for treatment. No wonder you have felt so isolated. How are the stitches feeling? did you manage to get a reasonable nights sleep? The thought of lunch at a taverna sounds much more enjoyable than the carvery at a local pub we're heading for. Is the food good?

Lovewine, good luck with setting up a local support group. It sounds as if you will already (sadly) have a pool of women in your village who might be interested. Tea and cakes at the library sounds a lovely idea and I'm sure they will be glad to host such a group given the threat of closure many local libraries are facing.

Wildpurl, what rotten luck getting another cold. I can understand your mixed feelings about getting your date for surgery. Although you have always seemed to be very matter of fact about it all, and rarely on the grumpy step, the prospect of going under the knife again would be daunting for anyone. But at least you won't have to go through chemo this time. Are you going away for your half term break?

Have to do some brainwork today. I belong to a book group and tomorrow night I am leading on one of the books (the Bone People by Keri Hulme) which won the Booker in 1985, which is when I first read it). So have to think of something sensible to say. My brain is already resisting. And a new Jeffery Deaver thriller, cheap at Tesco, is beckoning.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Highlighted
Community Champion

No washing up issues exactly!!! He has gone out and left the breakfast bowls and mugs but I can cope with those! You must be well on the way with your herceptin shots now!💉
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes we posted at same time!! Enjoy your lunch out- at least no washing up issues again today! Yes i can see now for you a support group isnt possible, even more reason i think this forum is so invaluable to us😄. I really hope the stitches come out on wednesday, i have herceptin on thursday, the weeks come around really fast😬.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Lovewine our posts crossed! Most of the ex pats here tend to go back to the UK if diagnosed with cancer. It is mainly Cypriot ladies that I come across and they have the support of their whole family. It's a common occurrence for the whole family to go into the surgeons consultation room! It sounds like a good idea for your village Lovewine.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning everyone, Wildpurl, how annoying you have picked up a cold again, hope it doesnt materialise into a bad one! I understand your misgivings for your surgery- at least now that you have a date you can plan your work etc, still not nice though having to think of surgery again. Are you going away at half term? Although it does get very busy and expensive at school breaks, still nice to have a week off and maybe plan your growing season....i am going to our local farm/ garden centre this morning for bird seed, they have a good seed selection which i may be drawn too, i want to grow more peppers, chillies, squashes too this year.

Rosie, hope you had a good night at the taverna with your friends! I think you have it extra difficult at the moment with being alone so much... Wont be too long until you are more active, could you maybe set up a support group in your area for breast cancer ladies or even general cancer patients? I bumped into an old friend in our co op yesterday who has also just finished treatment for BC, she said she feels very isolated and alone now radiotherapy has finished, we both agreed a monthly support group in our local area is whats needed- i looked into it when first diagnosed and nearest one to me is about 17 miles away, i think we are going to try and start something, our local library is struggling to survive and is diversifying, setting up a tea room- we both thought a monthly chat in their would be a good idea, with cake of course!, sadly in my village there are quite a few past and present BC ladies, so wouldnt be short of members!😟

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning Wildpurl I am sorry to,hear you have another cold. I have to say there seemed to be lots of people coughing and spluttering when we visited last week! Yes it is half term over here for our school the week after this one. I have herceptin on Feb 18th slap bang in the middle. The weather is going to be cooler here and more cloudy with rain over the next 2 weeks. DH has gone out for a meeting this morning fortunately our friends in Polis have invited us over to lunch today so I will be getting out. We had a pleasant time with otherw friends last night they are returning to UK on Wednesday until April!😔 I will meet again for coffee on Tuesday and then Wednesday hopefully will get these stitches out. I think you will be having your surgery before me Wildpurl! Yours will be the last hurdle.
Hope your supper at ES and DIL was enjoyable Lovewine!
Highlighted

Morning everyone, I do hope you start to feel stronger soon, rosie, it is miserable to be stuck in the house and unable to do anything. I would hope that you would have more energy by the end of this week. The week after next is half term here, is it half term for your school? I have the week off, I always like to take a winter break.

I have another cold, pretty sure I caught it at the workshop, as one guy in my team had a bad cold, so pretty grumpy about that. My energy levels are quite low as a result, so do not think I will be doing much today. It is cold and grey out so far.

Yesterday I got my appointment letter from the hospital confirming my surgery on 31st March, and the pre-op date, I want to have it done, but I am also dreading going through it all again.

Hope you all have relaxing Sundays!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes Lovewine I am finding it very lonely can't even break the day up with taking the dog out or a car drive to the shop!😬
Went to the local supermarket with DH and left the shopping list at home!!! Tried to remember what was on it think we got most things! Now I am exhausted and I didn't get much from the shelves!
Have a lovely evening at your ES and DIL. I loved doing Chinese New Year as a classroom theme we used to make the animal masks and act out the story of the years. DH and I like Chinese food unfortunately our local Chinese closed there are a couple in Paphos but nowhere as good as the local one was.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies, Rosie, yes painkillers definitely! As Joan says dont try and be brave, you have had a particularly unpleasant procedure so take all the help you can get! You must find it quite lonely and boring at the moment with D/H at work etc, and of course having to watch what you are doing again- hoping you can regain some movement when stitches come out, have a nice evening with your friends!
Joan, perhaps i am more restrained than i thought! Resisted the urge of strangulation on both O/H and the ex G!! I also find canal holidays really peaceful and relaxing, even sitting quitely looking at the canal i find very therapeutic, i walk my dogs every morning along the canal tow path and it calms me down for the day ahead.
Hope you have a nice lunch with your family on sunday.
Wildpurl, i looked into some online courses recently- i have earmarked one on King Richard 111, obviously here in Leicester it is very topical, but like you Rosie i am finding it hard still to concentrate for long, i have graduated into more detailed reading which i can now do, rather than my light weight crime novels, but still not back to anywhere i was before.
We are off to E/S and DIL for supper- home made fish pie, a particular favourite of mine, also with chinese new year imminent, we are looking forward to the feast that accompanies it! DIL always gives us a large sack of rice as a symbol of prosperity for the year ahead, also the younger members of their family give presents of food and money to the elders, i find their culture so kind and giving, i can see why E/S has embraced it so much!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan glad you survived the grandchildren duties yesterday! I think you deserve a quiet weekend you are certainly trying to be far more active. I realise,even though like you I have to stop and rest after doing things, just how far I had come now that I have had it all stripped back again. I managed to get the bedding off but I can't get it on- another job I have got to wait for DH to complete! I have taken your advice Joan and taken some more painkillers.Have a good time at your nieces lunch tomorrow!
Highlighted

TiJ, lovely to hear from you. Great that you're so far on with the Herceptin. How many more to go. Will that be the end of treatment for you? hope the school play (what was it by the way) was a resounding success. Is your son particularly keen on drama? I read the other day that Benedict Cumberbatch's teacher predicted a great future for him on the stage when he was quite young. It is ironic, isn't it, that as you say it's often the people who can least afford it who give money away. Remembering the widows mite parable on the New Testament I guess it's always been the case.

Lovewine, shame about your shopping trip, both the lack of retail success and seeing the dreaded girlfriend. You demonstrated admirable self control. Indeed given that you have neither strangled your husband nor driven the Hoover into his legs I think you must have more of that than you think. I certainly remember the Rosie and Jim stuff and the canal ware. We have had several lovely narrow boat holidays. The slow pace meandering through a mixture of lovely countryside and the back parts of cities is very relaxing. coming back to traffic is quite disorientating.

Wildpurl, good to hear from you. Your week certainly sounds hectic and your Friday off scarcely less so. As ever I admire your energy. Although I am doing quite a few things, and they are enjoyable, the main thing I am conscious of is frustration at having to rest in between them, or, as on Thursday after lunch with my friend, for the rest of the day. Your comment made me think that I need to concentrate on the positive bit, that I am able to do more than I used to before having to collapse. Hope the video yoga is useful and that your Moon course is instructive.

Rosie, don't try to brave it out without painkillers. I hope they are helping to reduce the discomfort and that you are getting some sleep. Hope the sun keeps shining, and that OH manages to replenish your supplies before long. We're off to the supermarket now, couldn't face it last night after grandchildren day. Grandaughter at home yesterday too being ill so although my daughter was there too, trying to work from home it was quite demanding. Still, now that I have learnt how to work their very modern TV- with direction from the children- did get a bit of sitting down. Having a quietist weekend apart from great nieces 18th birthday lunch tomorrow.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Wildpurl I hope you enjoyed your salmon supper sounded lovely!😜 I am not very good at going backwards and of course I will have to go all through this again when I get the final reconstruction! I guess I will handle that better. It's the stitches in my side that are the most uncomfortable. I tried to go without painkillers yesterday but resorted to them last night. We went out to eat at local taverna I didn't want any washing up issues! Anyway there is nothing much in and of course I can't go shopping again!!! I hate having to depend on DH!!!
I used to enjoy the exercise of yoga but never the meditation part I am far too twitchy!!!
Lovewine glad the ale cheered your spirits I had some wine last night. Going out with our friends tonight to another local taverna. DH has an event at school this morning and he has a meeting tomorrow so more time by myself goodness knows when he will go shopping! 😁😞
Maybe I will,get stuck into an online course Wildpurll, Moons sounds interesting I am finding concentrating on anything very difficult. At least the sun still seems to be shinning!☀️
Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening ladies, thankyou wildpurl and Rosie for your morale boosting re: feeling frumpy etc! A brisk walk in the cold followed by a glass of very nice local real ale( not my usual drink of choice!) has lifted my spirits!
Tij, lucky chicken, my dogs killed a pidgeon once, i was really upset, we forget our cuddly pets can be such ruthless predators! Have a lovely time at your sons play- you must be very proud and excited.

Wildpurl, good the dentist wasnt too bad, you have had a busy week with work! Regarding control freaks i am a terrible one, but my O/H is happy to let me do the controlling as he is quite laid back- it seems to work mostly anyway! Your supper sounds very nice, hope you have a relaxing evening, we had chicken caesar salad-yum!
Thomas tank was very much loved by my sons- had the bedding, curtains etc- in fact still have the quilt cover which comes out when someone is ill- i used it on sofa whilst having chemo! Packed away in loft i also have the little die cast trains! Also i remember Fireman Sam was a big hit too!

Rosie, hope you can enjoy your weekend without too much discomfort.
Joan, hope grandchildren were not too exuberant, have a good weekend too.
Lisa, kirstie, cassie, jackie hope all is well .
Highlighted

Well, good evening everyone, I haven't got much done today what with the dentist and the beautician and shopping, but it's all done now and we are at home relaxing. I have gratin dauphinois in the oven which will be served with grilled salmon and steamed broccoli.

Rosie, I'm so sorry you are back to not being able to do things, it was the constant going backwards I hated about chemo. I know I will be the same after my next operation and I'm dreading it. Your washing up story made me smile, it reminded me of my ex husband, he was a lovely man but would take ages to get around to doing things he had promised to do, it was so frustrating and I used to get very wound up by him. Hence him now being my ex! OH and I are both control freaks and both find it hard not to do stuff, it is more restful for me because we both don't like to leave things. I am totally with you on the washing up story, I would have washed up too.
Joan, you really sound as though you are thriving and enjoying life, which is lovely to hear about. It sounds as though you are having fun going out, meeting your friends and doing things you like, including exercise and looking after your grandchildren. I don't think any of us can do more than that really.

Tlj, you sound very upbeat as well, and seem to be getting on with your life and family activities.

I remember Thomas the Tank Engine , Lovewine, but not sure I remember rosie and Jim. I will ask DD and DS.

I meant to mention that I signed up with DoYouYoga for a month of free meditations. A link is sent every day by email and the meditation is guided by a video. I've only done the first one so far, but they are only 10 minutes a day so I am planning to do at least 2-3 a week. I thought it was a great opportunity to get back into meditation. I've also hit my next online course to start, Moons. I'm pretty tired today so I think it can wait till tomorrow but I am looking forward to it.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes Lovewine I remember Rosie and Jim, Thomas the Tank engine and Postman Pat!!!
Wildpurl glad your dentist visit went ok enjoy the beautician you sound as if you deserve it after the busy week you have had!
Oh dear Tlj naughty dog our cats used to catch rabbits when we lived in Somerset and even a mole once! Glad the chicken survived it's ordeal! Our dog caught a sparrow once and just played with it but poor thing was so frightened it died I was so cross with her!

Lovewine, I certainly can remember Rosie and Jim. My sons loved it too. Older son was Thomas obsessed. He would watch back to back videos whilst I was feeding younger son, even went on a Thomas day out on the Bluebell Railway once. Life moves on and it's FIFA on the xbox and listening to youtube videos now!
Really looking forward to seeing him in his play. I've just seen a few photos on a facebook page and it looks great. His school has a proper theatre so hopefully it's going to look quite professional.
Dog ownership has been interesting this week. Earlier in the week she caught a very large bunny and then today to my horror she caught a chicken. Fortunately, the chicken survived it's ordeal. I was unimpressed with the dog. Not quite sure what I would gphave done if she had killed the chicken. She has now gone to the lady who is looking after her for the weekend, so the house feels rather empty.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Enjoy Lovewine - good start to the weekend!😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

Forgot to say the pub has a waterways shop attatched to it and it is full of colourful canal art/pottery and much to my amusement and O/Hs horror lots of 'Rosie and jim' memerobilia- do any of you remember this children's series!? We had every video and our boys used to love it- we were word perfect and same with Thomas the tank !!
Highlighted

Haha quite right rosie, strangling is too good for her! You look lovely in your photo Lovewine, you certainly do not look old, your hair is great and you don't look frumpy in any of the photos of you I have seen, you look elegant and chic. Spiteful exGF was probably thinking how cool and confident you looked and feeling inadequate herself.

Sorry I haven't posted much this week, I had a busy day Monday, a training course Tuesday and a ghastly team building workshop on Wednesday and Thursday, which went on to 10 pm Wednesday night. I was shattered after all that and was in bed by 9 yesterday. This morning I have been at the dentist having part 1 of my root canal treatment. It was OK actually and has gone well so far. Next appointment in 3 weeks.

Now I'm off to the beautician so will post some more later as I can see you have all been busy!