75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

rosie14

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Frost Lovewine I must make sure I pack my gloves, scarf and hat!
DH and I I been to doctor and have both been given anti biotics!! Hopefully we will start to,pick up,tomorrow'😼
Hope,your blood test went well Lovewine.🙀 sounds like you have a good day planned for Sunday - enjoy!
Lovewine

Morning ladies, seems like we have had a frost overnight, so at least not too muddy if i leave fairly sharpish on dog walk as mud will still be frozen! Thankyou all for advice on anti anxiety meds- when you spell it out i can see the past 12 months have been very stressful on a number of issues as you say, i suppose i feel a little bit ( stupidly i know!) that it is a weakness being on anti anxiety pills and maybe an unwelcome reminder of the cancer diagnosis- will definitely carry on until at least summer! Yes a holiday in the sunshine is in order!
Rosie, you do sound like you may have an ear infection, you are wise to see doc as it can be extremely painful and you probarly need antibiotics, earache wouldnt help either whilst flying( ouch!), hope you get on ok .
Wildpurl, you do sound much happier with your work situation, good luck with dentist, maybe some crochet time would be relaxing afterwards! Hope you sort out washing machine soon, apparently its the ' bearings' that cause the noise and the travelling across the room of the machine!
Joan, i was interested in your archealogy evening- i also find this subject interesting. Y/S studied Archealogy and ancient history at Reading uni, he went on many Roman digs , one down in Silchester. Where we live in Leicestershire there have been many 'finds' of Saxon gold and Roman artefacts including a Roman helmet which is in our town museum! We have a lot of history with the Civil war at Naseby too , on Sunday we are hoping to visit the newly opened Richard 3rd museum and then zizzis afterwards as still have a gift token given to me at christmas!

rosie14

Good morning ladies happy Friday!
It's a windy morning here this morning but the wind is warm!
Hope you have a drier day today Lovewine.
Wildpurl glad to know that you feel on top of things. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your washing machine!
Your son and girlfriend are certainly having a very interesting journey. Hope your daughter visits you this weekend!
Good luck for your dental appointment hope it goes as smoothly as the last one.
Lovewine good luck with your blood test today hope they find a vein the first time!
Joan good luck with the grandchildren duties!
I am going to get a doctors appointment for DH and myself as his cough isn't improving it appears it has gone to,his chest and I am still having temperatures and feel as if someone has stuck an arrow through one ear to the other making my throat sore also!
Cassie and Tlj hope you are both well.
Wildpurl

Evening everyone, just sitting down after dinner with a nice glass of wine, had a good week, busy but productive, definitely feeling more motivated and on top of things but also glad it is the start of my weekend.
Joan, I have never tried Hama beads but they look fun, a unicorn sounds quite advanced! I believe you can iron them to fix the design permanently, is that right? I actually think that any kind of creative activity is calming, I find crochet and knitting the same, as well as colouring.

Lovewine, my washing machine is also playing up, in the same way as yours! We were at Currys today at lunchtime looking at what is available. I would like a Bosch this time, we have a Bosch dishwasher and it is so quiet and so efficient. We have seen some we like, now OH will do research to get them online at the lowest price. Or stepson works at Currys so we might be able to get a staff discount. I am not expecting to see my new washing machine for a few months! I think you are wise to keep on with the anti anxiety pills till summer, maybe a nice holiday in the sun is called for? Joan is right, you have had anxiety about a number of things over a prolonged period, it will take time to recover.

Rosie, I am sorry to hear you are not very well, I hope you improve before you fly and that you have a lovely long weekend with your family.

My son and GF are in Hiroshima this week, they have blogged about their journey, which is fun to read. One more week in Japan and they are off to New Zealand, which is the part I really envy, I love New Zealand! My daughter might be visiting at the weekend, though, it will be nice to see her.
I have another dentist appointment tomorrow, to finish my root canal filling, but the rest of the day will be relaxing I hope.
rosie14

Sorry you have had rain all day Lovewine it has been sunny here today and I didn't have to light the fire until 4pm! Yes we are meeting YS who got married last August and yes I will see 2 of my 4 grandchildren even it will be for a few hours! I am still very much under the weather so I hope I don't give them anything. I don't blame you ordering your washing machine online I would have probably done the same!😉
Joan poor you with your embarrassing situation🙀
Glad your grandchildren are better enjoy your stay and play session!
joan47

Lovewine, sounds like you have a very sensible and understanding doctor. And it's not 'just' the Cancer you've had to deal with; you've had tons of anxiety about your son, your dad, your mum.... Hope you manage to get your new washing machine.

Rosie, glad you had a somewhat better night. Hope the sun makes you feel a bit better. Perhaps you can soak up a bit and send it to Lovewine.

I've had a really idle day today. Went to shiatsu this morning. Lovely as usual and he worked on my hands and feet a bit which temporarily at least seemed to help with the numbness. Bit of am embarrassing moment halfway through though. As I turned over so he could work on my other side I felt something lumpy around my waist. Realised my prosthesis had worked its way out of my obviously rather inadequate bra so had to fish it out and replace it! Next time I think I'd better remove it beforehand. Spent the afternoon reading a book on Chinese Medicine. I thought since I was having shiatsu and doing Qi Gong I ought to try to Understand a bit about the basic principles and the meaning of some of the terms. So borrowed a book from the Penny Brohn
Library. At the moment rather than helping me get my head round it it's doing my head in. It is so different from our system of medicine and our understanding of how the body operates and yet much of it seems to work although not subject to the kind of rigorous research we would expect here. Anyway at least it will make me familiar with some of the language.

Out tonight to the local archeological society meeting (where I'm one of the youngest there!) on life and work in rural Somerset, then it's gearing up for another day of childcare. Fortunately grandaughter now back at school so only grandson in the morning but then I have to go into granddaughters school for a 'stay and play' session. I think that will mean sitting on little chairs! Hope we can play with Hama beads. I'm getting quite proficient. Made a unicorn on Tuesday!

Wildpurl, i remember you saying how therapeutic you found your adult colouring in book. Hama beads serve the same function although the effect quickly wears off if there is a toddler around who manages to get most of them on the floor.
Lovewine

Weather has been awful today, heavy rain for most of the day😩, have found a washing machine on line, couldnt face trekking around store, co operative did best deal😄. Hope you are picking up a bit Rosie, especially with flying at the weekend, hope you manage to see your Y/S, do you have grandchildren from Y/S or are they all from your lovely daughter? Maybe pack some wellies!
Joan, hope you are not too tired from your babysitting duties! Wildpurl, enjoy your long weekend, cassie, hope you have had a good week , Tij, hope your son has settled back at school ok.
rosie14

Lovewine I think it is true we worry about the whole cancer thing after we have gone through the major treatment schedule.
Good luck with finding a new washing machine!😏
Lovewine

Morning Rosie, hope as day goes on you will feel a bit better! At least you had some sleep! You are right about the sunshine helping the mood-doctor said he wouldn't recommend coming off pills until at least June-even then here in u.k not loads of sun then 🌞!
Yes I definitely need some Cyprus sunshine👍- I still feel very anxious over the whole cancer thing, as I'm sure you all do -doc said it's similar to post traumatic stress- hits us more when we have finished the treatment !
Busy working day today- also have to buy a new washing machine as when mine spins it nearly ends up in neighbouring Northamptonshire!!
rosie14

You have been through a lot Lovewine so it's probably better to stay on the tablets. I think it's very hard to know what causes joint pain it could be chemo or herceptin or just getting older!😏
DH didn't cough so much last night I woke up at 3am with a temperature but had the cold and flu tablets lined up with a glass of water on the bedside table. Managed to sleep for another hour and a half. Still feel very grotty though! At least it is warmer here now and sunny. Lovewine I think you could do with some of our Cyprus sun🌞
Hope all other ladies are well and looking forward to the weekend!
Joan I am not surprised you feel asleep watching the tv !
Lovewine

Hopefully a good nights sleep for both you and D/H tonight Rosie💤, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
Joan, you sound like you had a nice day today- hoping rest of the week isnt too busy either!
I saw doctor and have to return friday to see nurse for blood tests, he advised me to continue on anti anxiety meds until at least summer- said lack of sunshine keeps serotonin levels low which doesn't help!! So thats what i will do- he said joint pain was a side effect of taxotere unfortunately, it hopefully will improve !!
rosie14

Thanks Lovewine and Joan not been good today dosed up every 4 hrs. Only had soup and toast for lunch. I dragged myself into school for meeting and then came straight home. I just hope DH doesn't cough so much tonight!!'😫
joan47

Rosie, so sorry you have picked up a cold. I hope it clears up a bit before Saturday, flying with a stuffy nose is most uncomfortable.

Lovewine, hope they managed to get some blood this time and that the results are good.

Alice, many thanks for the reassurance. Love your description of looking like a cross between a floor mop and a poodle. That's very much what I look like.

Much quieter day today. Work this morning at computer then Qi Gong this afternoon. Last night OH and I were so shattered we both fell asleep in front of the TV for nearly two hours.
Lovewine

Thanks Rosie, you too at meeting- hope you feel better soon!😄
rosie14

Taking cold and flu tablets Lovewine yes I will go to the meeting although don't feel like it! Good luck at docs!
Lovewine

Oh poor you Rosie, hope it goes before you travel on saturday😬, nothing worse than flying full of cold, are you still going to your Primary meeting today?
Off to doctors at 8.10, have to return friday for the dreaded blood test!😟
rosie14

Oh dear ladies I have caught the man flu!!!😫 DH was coughing till 5am and I am aching all over, sore throat etc!
Hope you are all well!
Lovewine

Thanks Alice, nice to know it does get better!
rosie14

Thank you Alice it's good to know that this phase will pass!!'🙆
alice45

Dear April ladies, just wanted to reassure you on the hair front! I'm a bit ahead of you (started chemo on 9 Feb'14) and the unwanted curls have just gone. The hair actually stopped regrowing for a while - I had to cancel an appointment at the hairdressers because it hadn't moved at all since the last time he cut it - but is now sprouting again and I shall be quite shaggy (and mercifully non-curly) the next time I see him. Hang on there - I looked like a cross between a floor mop and a poodle, but it does improve! Good luck to all.

rosie14

Good morning ladies I have had a busy start to the morning for a change! Had to collect a parcel and deliver to school and it was Primary break time so lots of children gave me a lovely welcome! I have agreed to go for Primary staff meeting tomorrow. I had a few items to pick up from supermarket but could not locate the list in my handbag so had to guess what was on it! Bound to have forgotten something important! I ripped it off the pad but it has disappeared!😏
Still overcast here but warmer it's showing 23 for Friday bring it on!!!!
Lovewine will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping the blood test goes more smoothly. I have the cannula in my right arm now as the veins on the left are worn out!!!
We are doing a quick trip back to UK on Saturday as Dad's apartment has SSTC and need to sort out some clearance with my sister! Back Wednesday as last time. Hoping to meet up with YS and his family for lunch on Sunday in the Bristol area!😄
When we return it will be one month till cruise and the weather will be settling down!😊 it's been a very difficult winter this year!😫
Lovewine

Morning ladies, very cold wind here today- roll on spring! Have noticed though its light at about 6.15 a.m now and birds are singing!
Regarding the fluffy hair, i also look like i have a perm, i have tried various serums, gels etc but i end up looking like a toilet brush, even blow drying makes it much worse! I bought some hair grips with small pretty pearls on to try and flatten it down , but even they drop out!
Hope you have a warmer day today Rosie, doesnt sound like your weather is that great at the moment either, focus on that cruise on April 1st, it will soon come around😄🚢.
Joan, good luck with the baby sitting duties, hope the grandchildren soon improve, hope you can have a fairly peaceful day!
Am off to work, have appointment at the G,p tomorrow to review my anti anxiety pills which i am on a low dose since diagnosis, will also ask about the joint pains!
Also have my 6 weekly blood test onc wanted me to have to see if my white blood cell count has improved, based on last time when nurse couldnt get any blood , i am not relishing the idea😬💉
rosie14

Joan sorry to hear the grandchildren are still unwell and you have to miss your Nordic walking. I am glad that your nails are at last improving it's surprising how long they take to grow. I only lost the one but it still has a long way to go!
Fluffy I know what he means it's very difficult to keep it in a style I feel,as if I have had a perm!!!🙆
joan47

Wildpurl, glad you have such an enjoyable and productive. It certainly sounds as if you have recharged your batteries, you seem to be firing on all cylinders.

Lovewine, I guess seeing your YS apparently no longer needing you will cone particularly hard because for the last few months he has so obviously very much needed you. Make the most of it, as others have said you never stop being mum and worrying about them and I have no doubt you will be called on in the future, for either emotional or practical help. I have just spent the day looking after two sick grandchildren and we will be there again tomorrow.mno Nordic walking this week. Love the red envelope custom. And macaroons as well. Yum. Sorry you are having such aches and pains from the Herceptin, it does seem extraordinary that the oncologists don't take more notice of the side effects, which sound as bad as from chemo. I still have a degree of numbness in my fingers and feet but it isn't actually painful. My doctor daughter tells me that it can produce unsteadiness, which I certainly noticed during chemo and still occasionally now. It's something tondo with not feeling your feet properly in relation to the ground.

Rosie, I'm sorry you are also suffering from painful legs as well as still feeling so uncomfortable in the upper storey. I can't straighten up when I first get up either but I think that's probably age. I had assumed that after the expander was out it would all settle down. Hopefully it will soon.

Painted my nails for the first time today. Three nails on left hand still look pretty horrible but the rest are much better, just still a bit short. My grandson was funny about my hair today. He was talking about his daddy's hair being brown so I asked him what colour mine was. His answer was 'fluffy'.
rosie14

I can't straighten up when I first get out of bed either Lovewine. Been home alone all day with dog 😟🐶. It has been cloudy with some rain today but at least it is warmer outside and the house is beginning to warm up!
Lovewine

Yes Rosie, i do get painful legs and knees particularly bad! I have noticed the more herceptins i am having the worse the joint pains are😟, nurse said a lot of ladies find it so, oncologists dont seem to acknowledge these side effects with herceptin apparently. First thing in the morning trying to get out of bed is a sight to behold!! Hope you havnt been on your own too much today.
rosie14

Glad you feel a little happier Lovewine! Do you get painful legs too? My right one is particularly bad during the night.😟
I have just eaten 2 bowlfuls of vegetable stew before 1pm!!! Feeling a little bloated now!😕
Lovewine

Morning ladies, happy bank holiday Rosie! Poor D/H picking up a bad cough. Hope he can find some time to relax today! Am a little happier today and have put my selfishness aside and grateful Y/S is settling in well- like you say Rosie, its the mother in us whatever their ages! It must be incredibly frustrating for you having these ongoing problems with expanders, its very hard not being able to do what we once could, i have very painful hands and feet, some from taxotere and some herceptin apparently, damages nerve endings, i cant even open a jar or even clipping dog leads onto collars i find difficult .
rosie14

I hope your YS gets his heating sorted out Lovewine! It is good he likes his new job or else you would worry about that! I agree with your OH after all he has has been through you need to be happy for him! But the mother in us never goes away!😿
Glad that you received your new year gifts what a lovely custom the Chinese have!
Wildpurl it sounds like you have made the very best of your week off and have recharged your batteries ready for the new week! It will be good to be able to plant and grow your crops again.
DH has an awful chesty cough and he has to go to school again, with some helpers to tidy up! It's bank holiday here today!
Our cruise is over Easter from 1st April so it still feels like a long way off. I am also upset about my lack of progress as I still get very tired and very stiff with everything still pulling around my chest area. I thought I would feel some relief with one tissue expander less!😼 I feel like I am carrying around 2 weights, walking is particularly uncomfortable!😖
Wildpurl

Evening all, I am glad you had a visit and nice red envelope from ES and DIL, Lovewine. It is sad when children don't seem to need us any more but that said I think that they will be keen to visit grandparents and have support when they start a family!
Rosie I am hoping for DHs sake he has not got man flu! I hope next week will be a bit less lonely for you. Isn't your cruise quite soon? That should be something to look forward to.
Joan I'm glad the wedding went well and hope you have had a relaxing weekend
Cassie well done for completing the knitted cardigans!
Glad you had a good half term Tlj
I have had a very relaxing and productive week. I am ready to go back to work on Monday and actually feel quite recovered from the cold, also no longer stressed at work as now have job, really the first time since January I have felt well and the first time since last October I have not been worried about what will happen to my job.
I had a great time at the Yarn festival and bought some nice skeins for making shawls, and today OH and I walked to RHS a Wisley to see the butterflies in the glasshouse again. Took loads of photos and had a very nice walk, just got back as it started raining!
I have also managed to do 6 of my meditation videos and am finding them very good. Have finished first week of Moons course, so about two weeks behind but it is very interesting. Also we have bought our veg seeds for the new season and seed potatoes too, so looking forward to getting seeds sown and continuing with the garden apparently it is now daylight when we leave to go to work which will be good.
Lovewine

Hope D/H is feeling ok Rosie! I had a bad sore throat earlier, but it seems to have gone off now thankfully.
Y/s stayed a couple of hours, he seems happy in his new job and flat, no heating on yet though so very cold!
I feel very sad again now hes left, O/H says we should be thankful hes happy now- am being purely selfish in missing him, also feel quite redundant as am not the most important person in either of their lives anymore- glad they are both normal, adjusted human beings obviously, but grieving for the days when they were little boys!!
E/S and DIL came round with chinese new year treats- it is customary for children to receive red envelopes containing money from the parents and grandparents, when they marry the parents receive the red envelopes! So we had our red envelope today with a nice cash gift enclosed and also a box of very nice macaroons!
rosie14

DH came home coughing caught from the caretaker and working outside in such extremes of temperature this week! I will make sure he stays dosed up I couldn't cope if it turns into man flu😨
You have done well to,get half way through the book Lovewine I am about 1/3 of the way through as I read at night when I am in bed! I agree Brendan is definitely not a role model for a partner. I am at the part were they all go bra shopping and her mother pays the bill!
Enjoy dog sitting! Hope YS arrived even if briefly.
Lovewine

Morning All, yes i agree about having dogs Rosie, i spend a lot of time alone and i find them such a comfort🐶. Hope D/H manages some time off today/tomorrow! I am waiting for Y/S to arrive to collect his t.v etc, his text made it clear he couldnt stay very long! Makes me feel even more redundant! Although E/S and DIL have asked me to dogsit for a couple of hours as they are going antique shopping at local market!
I am halfway through ' storm in a B cup' at the moment, Rosie, think you said you were reading it? I thought i would have a change from murder...must say am finding it quite entertaining!! Although i could punch ' Brendan'😡
Hope you all have a good sunday👍😄
rosie14

Good morning ladies!
Yes Lovewine we went to the local taverna last night and took the neighbours down the road as they are the ones who let the dog out when we are in Nicosia. We don't have many people living permanently on our road. Out of the 22 villas, apartments and town houses only 6 are resident. We don't have anyone living either side of us. One side has never been lived in and the other side is used for holidays. The couple at the end of the road have just purchased a property back in the UK so they too will be using this as their holiday home.
When I opened the shutters this morning it definitely didn't feel as cold.
Hope you all enjoy Sunday it's bank holiday here tomorrow- Green Monday the start of lent and BBQ 's and kite flying will be happening all round the island. Hopefully DH will get a day off tomorrow to catch up. He has to go at 8am today to let electrician finish! Good job you and I have dogs Lovewine!🐶😃
Lovewine

Afternoon ladies, hope you have had a good day, Rosie, hope you were not too lonely, my O/H is working all weekend, he gets home at about 3.00 p.m and then next week he works later so doesnt arrive home until 10.00 p.m, i do get quite lonely too at these times. At least the weather has improved for you though😄. Are you going to the taverna tonight for food? Enjoy if so!
It was a lovely day yesterday with the flowers and lunch, i really felt touched by the ladies thoughtfulness, back to earth today- housework,washing and shopping!
Joan, enjoy wine and pizza! My healthy eating has well and truly gone to pot now- O/Hs fudge, my cakes, lovely meal yesterday and having a takeaway curry tonight!
Cassie, hope the knitting is going well, wildpurl, hope you have had a relaxing time, Tij, hope the weather stayed dry for your paintballing!
rosie14

Joan glad to hear that the wedding went well and your daughter coped. Hope your sick grandchild is better. Our granddaughter was sick for one day my daughter was glad it was during half term and she didn't have to take any time off!
I think after the week you have had you deserve a pizza and bottle of wine- enjoy relax!😜🍷🍕📺😴
The weather is much better today I just went shopping by myself and didn't need a coat! I did spy some tourists in vest tops! Not quite that warm!!!😉 the sun makes me feel much better. The washing is almost dry and there patches on sun now appearing on the front patio and over the pool🌞
joan47

Lovewine, what a lovely lunch, both in terms of the food, which sounds delicious, the wine, I love Prosecco, must try pink, the flowers, and above all the obvious appreciation. And a very successful shopping trip too. Our local museum is having a Chinese New Year day this weekend which I'm thinking of going too. The instructor at the Qi Gong class I go to is giving a demonstration.

Rosie, I'm sorry you have had such a lonely week, especially with miserable weather. I hope next week is better.

TiJ, hope the birthday party goes well, sounds great fun for the kids, and it isn't too chilly for you. Hope your other son hs recharged his batteries through all your TLC. Is it getting any easier to say goodbye to him at the end of each holiday or is it more a question of finding strategies to deal with it?

Cassie, you are going great guns with the knitting. The great thing about baby clothes for me was that they were so quick to knit there wasn't time to get bored. The downside is that they grow out of them so quickly. Also, in the case of my daughter, because always went in the washing machine and tumble dryer they often finished up like felt. That's a horribly long time to wait for the mammogram results, I confess I assumed that women who had a,ready had cancer might get some priority, they must be aware of our anxiety levels.

Well, we got through the wedding and daughter coped amazingly well. After that and looking after two grandchildren, one of them sick, was completely wiped out last night. Hoping I will be able to concentrate at tidays day school on Picasso. Fortunately, although it seems awful to say it, our meal out with friends this evening has been cancelled so will be able to slump in front of the tele with a pizza and probably a bottle of wine. Healthy eating temporarily suspended.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend.

rosie14

Oh Lovewine that sounded wonderful how kind your ladies have been they obviously appreciate you!😊 my mouth was watering when I read what you had eaten😜
Thank goodness the warmer weather has returned but it is going to take a lot of sunny days to heat the house! I was really very fed up last week. Also DH being out every day and it was half term. He has had to go to school this morning to open for electrician other wise the outside units will not have power next week. He has to go to the carnival this afternoon as school has a float and he has to sort out the music! I am not going there will be too much standing around. He has to be there 2.5 hrs before it starts! It will be impossible to get near Paphos in the car so that's me another lonely day at home! 😞
Hope all you ladies are having a good weekend?
Lovewine

Well i had a lovely long 3 hour lunch! Also the 3 ladies gave me a beautiful large bouquet of pink flowers too, i was very touched at their kindness. The lunch was probarly one of the nicest meals i have had- in a beautiful italian restaurant full up with ladies in Range Rovers and similar shiny 4 wheel drive cars!
I had mussels in a thick, creamy sauce to start, large king prawns on bruschetta with olives for main( delicious) italian ice cream served with a shot of very rich chocolate sauce to pour over it for dessert , all washed down with a very nice pink prosecco, so feeling very happy now!
rosie14

Tlj good to hear from you glad your son has had a restful half term. Have fun with the paintballing🙀
Look forward to hearing what your decision was re the lunch menu Lovewine!😜
Lovewine

Morning ladies, tij, lovely to catch up with you, hope the weather holds up for the paintballing, i remember it well with my 2 sons! Enjoy the last few days with your eldest before he returns to school, hopefully with recharged batteries .
Rosie, good its a better day for you now, it always makes you feel happier with a bit of sun!
Wildpurl, hope you are sufficiently rested now, enjoy the remaining few days of your holiday.
Joan, hope the wedding went smoothly, weather was dreadful here all day, so hoping you didnt have to stand about for long.
Cassie, have a nice weekend.
Am off to get changed in a minute for my lunch out- have looked at menu on line and it looks very nice, if not quite pricey!! But then i am not paying! Think i may have mussels in white wine, followed by either tiramuso or semi froddo or even the pannecota, yum yum😄🍨🍮
Tlj63

Morning ladies, sorry I seem to have gone to ground. I am still reading this thread regularly, but haven't got much to report. My older son is home for half term. He was so tired and pale at the end of last week, he really needed a break. We will put him on the flight back to the UK on Sunday afternoon, the week has zoomed past. It's younger sons delayed birthday party tomorrow. He is sharing it with a friend and they have invited their friends to do junior paint balling. I've just checked the weather forecast and I think we are going to be rather cold and wet at the end. The kids will have a great time, whilst the other mummy and I will be frozen!
Hope everyone else has had a good week. Cassie, I can't believe the delay in your biopsy.
rosie14

Cassie good to hear from you well done for finishing the jacket. I am sure your friends mother would be pleased that the garment she started gets finished!
I really feel sorry for you having to wait so long for appointments to find out results and for biopsy. It does seem rather contradictory to be a centre of excellence with one doctor to sort out the requests!
Wow Lovewine a successful shopping trip enjoy your lunch! 😜
Glad YS is more settled it is a wrench when they leave home but also a time to be thankful that they have grown up to be independent adults!
It is warmer today the sun is out so I have thrown open the shutters upstairs to let the sunlight in. I think it seems to be the end of the cold spell thank goodness. I had to wear my scarf, hat and gloves yesterday!!!
Hope you all have a Good Friday and Wildpurl hope you feel more rested after your week off.😊
Lovewine

Well i certainly was spoilt for choice in choosing something nice in the shop!! Bought a very nice handbag in a colour wouldnt usually choose- called willow( in other words green!), wanted to be a bit more adventurous!, also a very pretty tulip patterned top and some navy trousers!
Y/S has moved into a better flat with his friend, its near Greenwich, he is coming home on sunday to pick up some more of his things and his t.v, have felt a little sad all week as i feel its more final now! Although i am happy his job at Kings college seems to be working out for him.
E/S and DIL are having family banquets with all the elders of the very large family this week as is the tradition, but we should see them at some point.
Cassie, hope you are not waiting for too much longer for your appointment, its all so nerve wracking, fingers crossed and everything else too that mammogram is clear, dont have mine until august which will be a year since surgery as had chemo first- already feel worried thinking about it now. I wonder if there will ever be a time when i am able to move on and stop fretting- its not looking likely for a long time! Good luck with the knitting!
Rosie, have you warmed up yet!
Cassie86

Hello All Ladies,

I have finished the little jacket with the shawl collar that I started, it looks lovely and I am half way up the back of a second one the same pattern but with a v neck this time, I forgot how satisfying it feels to see the finished article. A friend at work has been inspired too, she has started on a snood and when fishing in her mothers knitting bag who sadly is no longer with us, she came accross an unfinished garment for a little girl and she has asked me to help her to finish it off, she says all the pieces and some spare wool are present so I will have a look and help her out, its quite sad but nice at the same time.

I had my first mamogramme since BC yesterday and managed to move the next oncology appointment nearer, to the begining of march, I could not bare to wait two months for the results, its all pretty nerve wracking. Still no news about the second biopsy appointment for the nodules on my thyroid. It seems although the hospital are classed as a centre of excellence they only have one doctor who can grade the incomming requests and she had been off sick for two weeks, so I have now been waiting since mid Jan and no appointment in sight yet. I just hope to god its not increasing too much in size or is anything too sinister.

I have a lovely recipe for peanut butter fudge, which due to my diet I cannot make at the moment but it is delicious and simple. I think I cut it out of a supermarket Christmas magazine the savory and sweet taste is just up my street.

Its very wet and cold here today, keep warm ladies and have a good weekend Cassie

rosie14

Hope you managed to get something suitable Lovewine for tomorrow!😊
Lovewine

Oh dear Rosie, i hate being cold too, hope the house warms up as the day goes on!, i have walked the dogs just now and the sky is the most beautiful colour- a pinky red which made everything look that colour, really stunning.
Joan, will be thinking of you and your daughter on what will be a difficult day. Asked O/H on fudge tips( hes been making truffles and fudge for about 25 years!) to stop crystallization the temperature has to come up very accurately- bought him a sugar thermometer! Also whether evaporated or condensed milk can make a differance!
I have my lunch tomorrow with my lovely clients- dont have a thing to wear- obviously, so may sneak into our town to ' white stuff' which has some pretty, spring tops in!👚👕😏
Stop cryst
rosie14

Good morning everyone front a very cold Cyprus! The temp is 5 max today!!!😱 not good when you don't have the central heating/ carpet and double glazing to deal with it!😨
Roll on March this is really challanging!
Lovewine hope all goes smoothly at work today. Are you seeing your son and his Chinese wife for new year? How is YS getting on in London?
Wildpurl hope the crochet is coming along well. There was a lady in the waiting room at the oncology centre doing some and I thought of you!
Joan do hope today will be a pleasant day for all!
Cassie hope you are well also Lisa and Tlj and Jackie and Kirstie who both seemed to have slipped off the radar. Hope this means you are both well and getting on with your family lives.
Lovewine

Joan, i truly echo Rosies sentiments regarding your daughter, life is indeed very cruel at times, hope tomorrow wont be too hard on her and you of course, we always feel our childrens pain and disappointment whatever age they are.
Rosie, hope you are relaxing after your busy day, at least you got the milk!
Wildpurl, hope the facial was relaxing, did you get in the garden this afternoon?
rosie14

He returned an hour and a half later with the milk and my handbag Lovewine!
Hope you are having a relaxing evening after your busy day.
Joan I am most sorry about your eldest daughters IVF and hope she will find the strength to enjoy the wedding and meeting with her friends. Life is so unfair sometimes and I do hope that in the future she will be blessed with a family.
Which historic house is the wedding in?
Thinking of you tomorrow!😏
Hope you feel suitably relaxed Wildpurl!