71.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Cassie86

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Joan, my brother passed away Oct 2012 and my Dad Oct 2011, its been a truely diificult and depressing time in  my life my Mother passed away 2007. Both my brother and father both had Lung Ca which is very difficult to treat and even when they do treat it, it is likely to have spread elsewhere as it did with my brother.

I hope to bring more cheerful news soon Cassie

rosie14

Trying to rush to use wifi before heading off and I missed your post Lovewine - the expensive lunch has now halved - see my post to Joan!!'
joan47

Cassie, we obviously posted simultaneously. Your grandsons Aspergers is an additional worry. As you say the changes will be particularly difficult for him. But it's good that your ex is happy for them to stay with him, so hopefully being 'on holiday' will help a bit. I hope you are able to go somewhere nice with your other daughter. How long ago did you lose your brother? Two of my friends died of brain tumours so I have some idea what you must have gone through.
rosie14

Cassie that must be a relief for you to know that you ex is willing to help out with your daughter and grandson.
So sad about you brother Cassie you have so many budens to carry. I hope you manage to have a breather with you YD and can restore a little calm on turbulent waters of the last few days.
rosie14

All change Joan YS just phoned me to say it was a strange menu at the Oak and Glass so we are now going to the Beefeater!!!!! Oh well at least half the price!😃💰
joan47

Rosie, what awful news about your lady in Cyprus. Terrible for her and of course it brings our fears about recurrence right to the surface. I'm sure she will appreciate you getting in touch. I suspect some people will find it very difficult to contact her, not out of indifference but because they simply don't know what to say. I hope you manage to enjoy your lunch, I don't know of the Oak and Glass in Weston so will be interested in your report (and the cost) in the unlikely event I could ever persuade my husband to splurge.

It's a beautiful day today so hopefully will get out for a walk this afternoon.
Cassie86

Morning Ladies,

Thanks again for all your support, it really helps, I managed to have a talk with my ex who lives in Teignmouth and he seems happy enough that my daughter and grandson are going down to stay with him and his oh.

My grandson has aspergers aged 7, 8 in May, bless him change is difficult, but as far as he knows at the moment its a holiday.

Its a lovely sunny day here at the moment, so I intend to try and get out an about a bit somewhere with my younger daughter. Sorry to hear about the lady on the bus Rosie, it is devastating I know only too well, my brother had mets in the brain before he passed away, I can remember him saying he kept doing and saying strange things but did not know why, when he went to see his GP he accused my brother of being on drugs, so sad, he was 56 and before he got ill the life and sole of any party, full of fun, always joking about everything, he looked very much like Nicholas Lyndhurst when he was younger from Ony Fools and Horses and Goodnight Sweetheart. I miss him he was my big brother.

I hope we all manage to do and say something nice to someone today. Cassie x

Lovewine

Morning all, Rosie, what awful news about the poor lady- i can understand how upset you must feel, even more important to push the boat out for your nice lunch today, its a reminder to us all how we should live for the moment- thats my exscuse for retail therapy anyway! Will look up the sophie kinsella books too! Enjoy your day today😄.
Cassie hope you are ok.
rosie14

Good morning from Bristol! It was a long flight last night 5 hrs due to a strong headwind! Whilst I was at the airport letting a chilled rose slip down my phone went and it was from a lady I met briefly whilst having rads. She travelled on the bus most days and joined us at Limassol. She called to tell,me that another lady we travelled on the bus with that I met in December in Paphos has now been diagnosed with a brain tumour! She had a mx, chemo and rads. This upset me greatly and I am going to ring the lady that called me when I get back to Cyprus and we are going to visit this other poor lady.😟
Cassie it is always hard when things go wrong for our children and hopefully as time passes she will be able to reflect that the outcome is for the best. Try to look after yourself and hopefully you are surrounded by people who can give you some support through these worrying days.
Joan we are meeting youngest son and family in Weston for lunch before we head up to the midlands to my sisters. I have booked the oak and glass I don't think DH will be too impresses because it is not cheap! Dreading the bill- but we will enjoy the meal. Next time I see them will be the summer!😜
Well done on your mini bug creation Joan I expect your granddaughter enjoyed you creative time together.
Well done on the petition hope you got lots of signatures!
Lovewine it's surprising how much better retail.therapy makes us feel - have you read the Shopaholic series of books by Sophie K the y are hilarious well worth a read!😃
DH and are much improved but we both have dreadful barking coughs - wouldn't have wanted to be in the room next door to us😉
Wildpurl hope all went well at the dentist and you enjoy the remainder of the weekend!
Lovewine

Cassie, how awful for your daughter and grandson too, from an outsiders view, it does appear the partner was looking for any exscuse to end the relationship maybe? By your daughter losing her temper( justifiably!) it seems he had a way out of relationship without taking responsibility- what an absolute worm.it certainly isn't any consolation now, but in the long term it may be for the best, your daughter and grandson deserve much more. It is very hard for you looking on and feeling helpless, but you are certainly not- emotionally you are and will be a great source of strength over the coming weeks for them both, remember to look after yourself too, stressful time with oncology appointment next week, take care and am thinking of you🌷
Joan, yes i think a treat was in order, so i treated myself to a very nice top from Joules who had 20% off which was even more sayisfying! Well done for your petition, i havnt heard of 38 degrees but am going to look it up- i personally over the last 12 months have had excellent care from surgeons, oncology team, chemo unit etc, the only problems have been with administration staff, the nhs is a wonderful thing and deserves massive support- well done to you for making the time and effort with petitioning. Your ' blue peter' activities made me smile, what fun!
Rosie, hope you have had a stress free trip and you and D/H are feeling a little better😄, have a productive few days.
Wildpurl, hope your weekend is going well too.
joan47

Dear Cassie, just read your devastating news. I am so, so sorry for you, your daughter and your grandson (how old is he by the way?) The breakup of a relationship at any time is dreadful, but all the more so when there should have been so much joy. Life really can be so cruel. You will need lots of emotional energy to support your daughter through this. I hope you have people around you who can support you. Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday.

Rosie, glad you and OH are feeling a bit better, the antibiotics are presumably working. hope your journeys are uneventful.

Lovewine, your description of the nurse trying to get blood from you was horrendous. You deserve a treat-another handbag perhaps or at least one of your fabulous sounding Tassimos. I hope after all that the results are good.

Wildpurl, hope your dental treatment wasn't too uncomfortable and that you get to see your daughter. Your sons trip sounds amazing. I'd love to go to New Zealand, especially to see the volcanic activity. RecHama beads, yes, the idea is that you iron your finished work, ideally as soon as you have done it otherwise the beads get knocked off very easily.

Yesterday's stay and play didn't involve said beads but I did find myself sat down with grandaughter making a minibug out of a bottle top, tissue paper and pipe cleaners! It looked rather less impressive than those the kids had made although the teacher was very encouraging!

Spent an interesting morning in our town centre collecting signatures on a 'save our NHS' petition organised by 38 degrees, which some of you might have heard of. The very first person I spoke to said his experience over the past year had been 'c..p' which was a bit dispiriting but thankfully most of the people who didnt just rush by ignoring me or said they were too busy were very willing to sign. And no one seemed to question that the NHS was under threat, which was interesting in itself.

rosie14

Good morning ladies or as it is here afternoon! Thankfully DH and I are feeling a little better today to do the airport battle! We are hand luggage only so hopefully will pass through quickly. Last time the security was slow and we waited in queues for an hour.
Hope you all have a restful weekend. Thinking of you Cassie💐
Cassie86

Thank you all for your support, I have just got of the phone from my daughter she says he came home for a shower and change of clothes last night and my daughter asked him why he cannot make eye contact and why he is avoiding her, what did he think she was going to do. He just said he felt it was for the best and he did not want to talk about the subject any more which is odd because in texts yesterday he was saying maybe they could get married one day! Her reply was she just could not trust him again to put herself in that position.

It all blew up a few days ago because she lost her temper and broke a plate and jug (hers from London) in the sink because she was frustrated at not ever getting any support and using his Mum to try to ge me to go up to Norfolk again next weekend so he could go fishing instead of just saying thats what he wanted to do, creating a diversion you might say but involving other people. There is plenty to do around the house it actually looks as though there is a moat all the front of the house is dug out ready for a new porch and front drive to be built, it has been like that for at least 6 months. The extractor fan has broken in the bathroom so everything is getting mouldy my daughter has got a point I would think.

I bet the minute my daughter moves out all will be fixed.

Its just so devastating because I cannot offer any practical help, home, job, school for my grandson.

Bless them, I hope it will be OK, I have left text messages for my ex but no reply so far.

rosie14

Lovewine sorry you had to suffer with the veins again but glad that you were able to enjoy your incinerating!😉
rosie14

Dear Cassie I join Lovewine and Wildpurl I am so sorry for you and your daughter and I do hope in time she will be able to reflect it was for the best. Thinking of you in these coming days. X
Lovewine

Oh Cassie, how awful for your poor daughter and so worrying for you too, i have a small idea how you feel after my youngest sons break up last year and how devastated he feels- he of course felt he couldn't stay here, so moved to London. Sending you big hug, as wildpurl says these milestones are always so difficult.
I am not surprised you feel tearful . Take care.
Wildpurl

Big hugs cassie, so sorry about the wedding being cancelled and it is so hard when these milestone checks come round, you will be fine I am sure but it is so hard to go through them
Cassie86

Hello Ladies,

I hope you feel better soon Rosie and that you have a good flight. Lovewine and Joan I have a Bosch washing machine the second one I have had and would not have any other, I have previously had an indesit and hotpoint but definately noisier and not as efficient as the Bosch, mine was purchased from John Lewis they will sell at a cheaper price if you can find it.

Well sorry to say its all doom and gloom, the wedding has been cancelled, my daughter is so humiliated that she feels she cannot stay in Gorleston and is moving to Devon on Monday ! I cannot bring myself to speak to the once future SIL. I am very worried about my daughter and grandson going to stay with my ex and his girlfriend. Mt daughter says she feels she has no choice, London is not an option as she does not want to bring her son up here (I don't blame her for that) and I do not have a spare room. To say I am truely devastated is not strong enough, I have felt sick ever since she told me.

I have my one year oncology appointment with the results of my mammogramme on Weds and a physio appt on Thurs and to be honest I feel on the verge of tears constantly.

Lovewine

Hope antibiotics kick in soon Rosie for you and D/H, its been a lovely sunny day today, i spent a couple of hours in garden and have used the incinerator in peace as O/H at work! Blood test was awful- still no good veins, she tried about 6 times and i thought i would either be sick or punch the nurse! Eventually admitted defeat and took blood out forbidden arm even that really hurt 😬.
Hope you feel better for your trip, be lovely to see your Y/S and grandchildren even for a brief visit😄!
Wildpurl, hope your root filling not too painful, Joan, hope you enjoyed your activities with grandchildren- sounds quite nice!
Hope all ladies are doing well too - think of you all often and hope you are getting on with your lives!
rosie14

Frost Lovewine I must make sure I pack my gloves, scarf and hat!
DH and I I been to doctor and have both been given anti biotics!! Hopefully we will start to,pick up,tomorrow'😼
Hope,your blood test went well Lovewine.🙀 sounds like you have a good day planned for Sunday - enjoy!
Lovewine

Morning ladies, seems like we have had a frost overnight, so at least not too muddy if i leave fairly sharpish on dog walk as mud will still be frozen! Thankyou all for advice on anti anxiety meds- when you spell it out i can see the past 12 months have been very stressful on a number of issues as you say, i suppose i feel a little bit ( stupidly i know!) that it is a weakness being on anti anxiety pills and maybe an unwelcome reminder of the cancer diagnosis- will definitely carry on until at least summer! Yes a holiday in the sunshine is in order!
Rosie, you do sound like you may have an ear infection, you are wise to see doc as it can be extremely painful and you probarly need antibiotics, earache wouldnt help either whilst flying( ouch!), hope you get on ok .
Wildpurl, you do sound much happier with your work situation, good luck with dentist, maybe some crochet time would be relaxing afterwards! Hope you sort out washing machine soon, apparently its the ' bearings' that cause the noise and the travelling across the room of the machine!
Joan, i was interested in your archealogy evening- i also find this subject interesting. Y/S studied Archealogy and ancient history at Reading uni, he went on many Roman digs , one down in Silchester. Where we live in Leicestershire there have been many 'finds' of Saxon gold and Roman artefacts including a Roman helmet which is in our town museum! We have a lot of history with the Civil war at Naseby too , on Sunday we are hoping to visit the newly opened Richard 3rd museum and then zizzis afterwards as still have a gift token given to me at christmas!

rosie14

Good morning ladies happy Friday!
It's a windy morning here this morning but the wind is warm!
Hope you have a drier day today Lovewine.
Wildpurl glad to know that you feel on top of things. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your washing machine!
Your son and girlfriend are certainly having a very interesting journey. Hope your daughter visits you this weekend!
Good luck for your dental appointment hope it goes as smoothly as the last one.
Lovewine good luck with your blood test today hope they find a vein the first time!
Joan good luck with the grandchildren duties!
I am going to get a doctors appointment for DH and myself as his cough isn't improving it appears it has gone to,his chest and I am still having temperatures and feel as if someone has stuck an arrow through one ear to the other making my throat sore also!
Cassie and Tlj hope you are both well.
Wildpurl

Evening everyone, just sitting down after dinner with a nice glass of wine, had a good week, busy but productive, definitely feeling more motivated and on top of things but also glad it is the start of my weekend.
Joan, I have never tried Hama beads but they look fun, a unicorn sounds quite advanced! I believe you can iron them to fix the design permanently, is that right? I actually think that any kind of creative activity is calming, I find crochet and knitting the same, as well as colouring.

Lovewine, my washing machine is also playing up, in the same way as yours! We were at Currys today at lunchtime looking at what is available. I would like a Bosch this time, we have a Bosch dishwasher and it is so quiet and so efficient. We have seen some we like, now OH will do research to get them online at the lowest price. Or stepson works at Currys so we might be able to get a staff discount. I am not expecting to see my new washing machine for a few months! I think you are wise to keep on with the anti anxiety pills till summer, maybe a nice holiday in the sun is called for? Joan is right, you have had anxiety about a number of things over a prolonged period, it will take time to recover.

Rosie, I am sorry to hear you are not very well, I hope you improve before you fly and that you have a lovely long weekend with your family.

My son and GF are in Hiroshima this week, they have blogged about their journey, which is fun to read. One more week in Japan and they are off to New Zealand, which is the part I really envy, I love New Zealand! My daughter might be visiting at the weekend, though, it will be nice to see her.
I have another dentist appointment tomorrow, to finish my root canal filling, but the rest of the day will be relaxing I hope.
rosie14

Sorry you have had rain all day Lovewine it has been sunny here today and I didn't have to light the fire until 4pm! Yes we are meeting YS who got married last August and yes I will see 2 of my 4 grandchildren even it will be for a few hours! I am still very much under the weather so I hope I don't give them anything. I don't blame you ordering your washing machine online I would have probably done the same!😉
Joan poor you with your embarrassing situation🙀
Glad your grandchildren are better enjoy your stay and play session!
joan47

Lovewine, sounds like you have a very sensible and understanding doctor. And it's not 'just' the Cancer you've had to deal with; you've had tons of anxiety about your son, your dad, your mum.... Hope you manage to get your new washing machine.

Rosie, glad you had a somewhat better night. Hope the sun makes you feel a bit better. Perhaps you can soak up a bit and send it to Lovewine.

I've had a really idle day today. Went to shiatsu this morning. Lovely as usual and he worked on my hands and feet a bit which temporarily at least seemed to help with the numbness. Bit of am embarrassing moment halfway through though. As I turned over so he could work on my other side I felt something lumpy around my waist. Realised my prosthesis had worked its way out of my obviously rather inadequate bra so had to fish it out and replace it! Next time I think I'd better remove it beforehand. Spent the afternoon reading a book on Chinese Medicine. I thought since I was having shiatsu and doing Qi Gong I ought to try to Understand a bit about the basic principles and the meaning of some of the terms. So borrowed a book from the Penny Brohn
Library. At the moment rather than helping me get my head round it it's doing my head in. It is so different from our system of medicine and our understanding of how the body operates and yet much of it seems to work although not subject to the kind of rigorous research we would expect here. Anyway at least it will make me familiar with some of the language.

Out tonight to the local archeological society meeting (where I'm one of the youngest there!) on life and work in rural Somerset, then it's gearing up for another day of childcare. Fortunately grandaughter now back at school so only grandson in the morning but then I have to go into granddaughters school for a 'stay and play' session. I think that will mean sitting on little chairs! Hope we can play with Hama beads. I'm getting quite proficient. Made a unicorn on Tuesday!

Wildpurl, i remember you saying how therapeutic you found your adult colouring in book. Hama beads serve the same function although the effect quickly wears off if there is a toddler around who manages to get most of them on the floor.
Lovewine

Weather has been awful today, heavy rain for most of the day😩, have found a washing machine on line, couldnt face trekking around store, co operative did best deal😄. Hope you are picking up a bit Rosie, especially with flying at the weekend, hope you manage to see your Y/S, do you have grandchildren from Y/S or are they all from your lovely daughter? Maybe pack some wellies!
Joan, hope you are not too tired from your babysitting duties! Wildpurl, enjoy your long weekend, cassie, hope you have had a good week , Tij, hope your son has settled back at school ok.
rosie14

Lovewine I think it is true we worry about the whole cancer thing after we have gone through the major treatment schedule.
Good luck with finding a new washing machine!😏
Lovewine

Morning Rosie, hope as day goes on you will feel a bit better! At least you had some sleep! You are right about the sunshine helping the mood-doctor said he wouldn't recommend coming off pills until at least June-even then here in u.k not loads of sun then 🌞!
Yes I definitely need some Cyprus sunshine👍- I still feel very anxious over the whole cancer thing, as I'm sure you all do -doc said it's similar to post traumatic stress- hits us more when we have finished the treatment !
Busy working day today- also have to buy a new washing machine as when mine spins it nearly ends up in neighbouring Northamptonshire!!
rosie14

You have been through a lot Lovewine so it's probably better to stay on the tablets. I think it's very hard to know what causes joint pain it could be chemo or herceptin or just getting older!😏
DH didn't cough so much last night I woke up at 3am with a temperature but had the cold and flu tablets lined up with a glass of water on the bedside table. Managed to sleep for another hour and a half. Still feel very grotty though! At least it is warmer here now and sunny. Lovewine I think you could do with some of our Cyprus sun🌞
Hope all other ladies are well and looking forward to the weekend!
Joan I am not surprised you feel asleep watching the tv !
Lovewine

Hopefully a good nights sleep for both you and D/H tonight Rosie💤, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
Joan, you sound like you had a nice day today- hoping rest of the week isnt too busy either!
I saw doctor and have to return friday to see nurse for blood tests, he advised me to continue on anti anxiety meds until at least summer- said lack of sunshine keeps serotonin levels low which doesn't help!! So thats what i will do- he said joint pain was a side effect of taxotere unfortunately, it hopefully will improve !!
rosie14

Thanks Lovewine and Joan not been good today dosed up every 4 hrs. Only had soup and toast for lunch. I dragged myself into school for meeting and then came straight home. I just hope DH doesn't cough so much tonight!!'😫
joan47

Rosie, so sorry you have picked up a cold. I hope it clears up a bit before Saturday, flying with a stuffy nose is most uncomfortable.

Lovewine, hope they managed to get some blood this time and that the results are good.

Alice, many thanks for the reassurance. Love your description of looking like a cross between a floor mop and a poodle. That's very much what I look like.

Much quieter day today. Work this morning at computer then Qi Gong this afternoon. Last night OH and I were so shattered we both fell asleep in front of the TV for nearly two hours.
Lovewine

Thanks Rosie, you too at meeting- hope you feel better soon!😄
rosie14

Taking cold and flu tablets Lovewine yes I will go to the meeting although don't feel like it! Good luck at docs!
Lovewine

Oh poor you Rosie, hope it goes before you travel on saturday😬, nothing worse than flying full of cold, are you still going to your Primary meeting today?
Off to doctors at 8.10, have to return friday for the dreaded blood test!😟
rosie14

Oh dear ladies I have caught the man flu!!!😫 DH was coughing till 5am and I am aching all over, sore throat etc!
Hope you are all well!
Lovewine

Thanks Alice, nice to know it does get better!
rosie14

Thank you Alice it's good to know that this phase will pass!!'🙆
alice45

Dear April ladies, just wanted to reassure you on the hair front! I'm a bit ahead of you (started chemo on 9 Feb'14) and the unwanted curls have just gone. The hair actually stopped regrowing for a while - I had to cancel an appointment at the hairdressers because it hadn't moved at all since the last time he cut it - but is now sprouting again and I shall be quite shaggy (and mercifully non-curly) the next time I see him. Hang on there - I looked like a cross between a floor mop and a poodle, but it does improve! Good luck to all.

rosie14

Good morning ladies I have had a busy start to the morning for a change! Had to collect a parcel and deliver to school and it was Primary break time so lots of children gave me a lovely welcome! I have agreed to go for Primary staff meeting tomorrow. I had a few items to pick up from supermarket but could not locate the list in my handbag so had to guess what was on it! Bound to have forgotten something important! I ripped it off the pad but it has disappeared!😏
Still overcast here but warmer it's showing 23 for Friday bring it on!!!!
Lovewine will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping the blood test goes more smoothly. I have the cannula in my right arm now as the veins on the left are worn out!!!
We are doing a quick trip back to UK on Saturday as Dad's apartment has SSTC and need to sort out some clearance with my sister! Back Wednesday as last time. Hoping to meet up with YS and his family for lunch on Sunday in the Bristol area!😄
When we return it will be one month till cruise and the weather will be settling down!😊 it's been a very difficult winter this year!😫
Lovewine

Morning ladies, very cold wind here today- roll on spring! Have noticed though its light at about 6.15 a.m now and birds are singing!
Regarding the fluffy hair, i also look like i have a perm, i have tried various serums, gels etc but i end up looking like a toilet brush, even blow drying makes it much worse! I bought some hair grips with small pretty pearls on to try and flatten it down , but even they drop out!
Hope you have a warmer day today Rosie, doesnt sound like your weather is that great at the moment either, focus on that cruise on April 1st, it will soon come around😄🚢.
Joan, good luck with the baby sitting duties, hope the grandchildren soon improve, hope you can have a fairly peaceful day!
Am off to work, have appointment at the G,p tomorrow to review my anti anxiety pills which i am on a low dose since diagnosis, will also ask about the joint pains!
Also have my 6 weekly blood test onc wanted me to have to see if my white blood cell count has improved, based on last time when nurse couldnt get any blood , i am not relishing the idea😬💉
rosie14

Joan sorry to hear the grandchildren are still unwell and you have to miss your Nordic walking. I am glad that your nails are at last improving it's surprising how long they take to grow. I only lost the one but it still has a long way to go!
Fluffy I know what he means it's very difficult to keep it in a style I feel,as if I have had a perm!!!🙆
joan47

Wildpurl, glad you have such an enjoyable and productive. It certainly sounds as if you have recharged your batteries, you seem to be firing on all cylinders.

Lovewine, I guess seeing your YS apparently no longer needing you will cone particularly hard because for the last few months he has so obviously very much needed you. Make the most of it, as others have said you never stop being mum and worrying about them and I have no doubt you will be called on in the future, for either emotional or practical help. I have just spent the day looking after two sick grandchildren and we will be there again tomorrow.mno Nordic walking this week. Love the red envelope custom. And macaroons as well. Yum. Sorry you are having such aches and pains from the Herceptin, it does seem extraordinary that the oncologists don't take more notice of the side effects, which sound as bad as from chemo. I still have a degree of numbness in my fingers and feet but it isn't actually painful. My doctor daughter tells me that it can produce unsteadiness, which I certainly noticed during chemo and still occasionally now. It's something tondo with not feeling your feet properly in relation to the ground.

Rosie, I'm sorry you are also suffering from painful legs as well as still feeling so uncomfortable in the upper storey. I can't straighten up when I first get up either but I think that's probably age. I had assumed that after the expander was out it would all settle down. Hopefully it will soon.

Painted my nails for the first time today. Three nails on left hand still look pretty horrible but the rest are much better, just still a bit short. My grandson was funny about my hair today. He was talking about his daddy's hair being brown so I asked him what colour mine was. His answer was 'fluffy'.
rosie14

I can't straighten up when I first get out of bed either Lovewine. Been home alone all day with dog 😟🐶. It has been cloudy with some rain today but at least it is warmer outside and the house is beginning to warm up!
Lovewine

Yes Rosie, i do get painful legs and knees particularly bad! I have noticed the more herceptins i am having the worse the joint pains are😟, nurse said a lot of ladies find it so, oncologists dont seem to acknowledge these side effects with herceptin apparently. First thing in the morning trying to get out of bed is a sight to behold!! Hope you havnt been on your own too much today.
rosie14

Glad you feel a little happier Lovewine! Do you get painful legs too? My right one is particularly bad during the night.😟
I have just eaten 2 bowlfuls of vegetable stew before 1pm!!! Feeling a little bloated now!😕
Lovewine

Morning ladies, happy bank holiday Rosie! Poor D/H picking up a bad cough. Hope he can find some time to relax today! Am a little happier today and have put my selfishness aside and grateful Y/S is settling in well- like you say Rosie, its the mother in us whatever their ages! It must be incredibly frustrating for you having these ongoing problems with expanders, its very hard not being able to do what we once could, i have very painful hands and feet, some from taxotere and some herceptin apparently, damages nerve endings, i cant even open a jar or even clipping dog leads onto collars i find difficult .
rosie14

I hope your YS gets his heating sorted out Lovewine! It is good he likes his new job or else you would worry about that! I agree with your OH after all he has has been through you need to be happy for him! But the mother in us never goes away!😿
Glad that you received your new year gifts what a lovely custom the Chinese have!
Wildpurl it sounds like you have made the very best of your week off and have recharged your batteries ready for the new week! It will be good to be able to plant and grow your crops again.
DH has an awful chesty cough and he has to go to school again, with some helpers to tidy up! It's bank holiday here today!
Our cruise is over Easter from 1st April so it still feels like a long way off. I am also upset about my lack of progress as I still get very tired and very stiff with everything still pulling around my chest area. I thought I would feel some relief with one tissue expander less!😼 I feel like I am carrying around 2 weights, walking is particularly uncomfortable!😖
Wildpurl

Evening all, I am glad you had a visit and nice red envelope from ES and DIL, Lovewine. It is sad when children don't seem to need us any more but that said I think that they will be keen to visit grandparents and have support when they start a family!
Rosie I am hoping for DHs sake he has not got man flu! I hope next week will be a bit less lonely for you. Isn't your cruise quite soon? That should be something to look forward to.
Joan I'm glad the wedding went well and hope you have had a relaxing weekend
Cassie well done for completing the knitted cardigans!
Glad you had a good half term Tlj
I have had a very relaxing and productive week. I am ready to go back to work on Monday and actually feel quite recovered from the cold, also no longer stressed at work as now have job, really the first time since January I have felt well and the first time since last October I have not been worried about what will happen to my job.
I had a great time at the Yarn festival and bought some nice skeins for making shawls, and today OH and I walked to RHS a Wisley to see the butterflies in the glasshouse again. Took loads of photos and had a very nice walk, just got back as it started raining!
I have also managed to do 6 of my meditation videos and am finding them very good. Have finished first week of Moons course, so about two weeks behind but it is very interesting. Also we have bought our veg seeds for the new season and seed potatoes too, so looking forward to getting seeds sown and continuing with the garden apparently it is now daylight when we leave to go to work which will be good.
Lovewine

Hope D/H is feeling ok Rosie! I had a bad sore throat earlier, but it seems to have gone off now thankfully.
Y/s stayed a couple of hours, he seems happy in his new job and flat, no heating on yet though so very cold!
I feel very sad again now hes left, O/H says we should be thankful hes happy now- am being purely selfish in missing him, also feel quite redundant as am not the most important person in either of their lives anymore- glad they are both normal, adjusted human beings obviously, but grieving for the days when they were little boys!!
E/S and DIL came round with chinese new year treats- it is customary for children to receive red envelopes containing money from the parents and grandparents, when they marry the parents receive the red envelopes! So we had our red envelope today with a nice cash gift enclosed and also a box of very nice macaroons!