342094posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good morning all!
It's Friday hope fully you will all have a good weekend! Wildpurl,I expect you are ready for your day off?
Lovewine hope you are enjoying your juices and feeling healthier!😊
Cassie hope your daughter is bearing up. Joan hope you have a relaxing weekend. Are you on grandchildren duty today?
DH has informed me he is working from home today- he is going to,drive me mad as he is constantly texting and ringing people!😩 I am going out to school at 8.45 maybe I will stay longer than I had planned!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Cassie there should be a teacher in each of the schools responsible for children with additional needs your daughter could do with finding out which teacher has responsibility for these children and setting up a meeting to express her concerns.
Highlighted

Hi Rosie, I am not sure if my GS has been seen by an educational psychologist, I know he has been observed for several weeks about four months ago and no formal diagnosis has ben made hence no support yet, my daughter has already talked with the head teacher because she was told some of the reports had not been returned by the school, she was assured they had both been returned from the juniors which hed had just transfered to and also the infant school although they are on the same sight they class them as seperate?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan I do hope you enjoyed your reflexology after all your stress! Travelling is very stressful especially around London and all the reference numbers are a nightmare! When we travel I put all papers we will need in order, boarding pass out, car hire, hotels, boarding pass return. If I didn't do this I would be in a fluster!
Cassie has you GS been seen by an educational psychologist? It sounds like you ED needs some support. If he has been diagnosed there should be a support group for parents in the area that can be recommended to her. She may even find this on the internet! I suggest she makes an appointment with the head teacher to discuss her concerns regarding your GS.
No rain today Lovewine, what have you blended today?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh Cassie, your poor daughter must be so stressed. I suppose she has looked into support groups in the area for children with aspergers? Other school mums can be incredibly smug when your child is different, it is incredibly isolating for them both, without all the added stress of the relationship issues. Keep your chin up you are obviously a wonderful mum and grandma.
Joan, how frustrating all the blips in your arrangements! I think you coped very well in very trying circumstances! You certainly need your relaxation this afternoon, hope its worked! My hair resembles a mop and a very old ladies perm too! Did try today with some serum which i put on wet hair and then with a very hard hairbrush pulled and flattened the curls with hairdyer and it looks slightly better.apparently the brand ' Aussie curl relaxing spray' is quite good so may buy some!
Rosie, how have you got on with your visit to your friend today?
Highlighted

Thanks for your support Ladies, I have been to Italy a couple of times, Lovewine, Venice and Lido De Jeselo which is nearby, maybe somewhere more to the south or Sicily, pricy though. Just had another conversation with ED says she just feel humiliated and very embarrassed that everyone knows her situation at the school and her OH relatives, feels that all her connections to the area except work and a couple of friends are pretty much no existent. School is a problem for my GS as they do not have any support for his needs yet and my daughter says all other mums look at her and GS as if they are mad when he kicks off, which is often on entering school and special occasions like sports day, she feels there is no point in going to sports day or days out any more with the school because my GS just does not take part and there is no way you can encourage him if his mind is made up, she just ends up feeling embarassed for both of them. "mums in the background tutting and saying here he goes again". I am sorry but I would not be able to hold my tongue, perhaps they need to be told he has aspergers and thank their lucky stars thier child does not.

My daughter just feels that then she would then be seen as throwing a wobbly, but I am not so sure, it just makes her feel terribly isolated she has shared this with the teacher at the parents evening last night, academically my GS is doing very well but its everything else.

Highlighted

Cassie, what a turbulent time you and your family are having. Is there any possibility that the separation and wedding cancellation was a blip and that the relationship might be re established? Maybe this guy just got really scared about making a formal commitment. Whatever happens, whether they decide to try to salvage it or your daughter decides she is going to set up,on her own the next few months are going to be very testing for everyone. On the positive side being back in Norfolk will mean your daughter has access to her own support network and your grandson has his school and friendship network which is so important. He sounds a very mature little boy. Good luck with the holiday plans, you deserve a good break.

My two days in London were very taxing but I managed it. The main problem though turned out not to be the 5 meetings, challenging as those were, but my own disorganisation and travel blips. It all started off badly with me having booked the train on line but then forgetting my diary in which I thought I had written down the reference number. Immediately Went into a panic. Fortunately for some reason I had written the no down on a piece of paper so all well but I could see the woman behind the counter thinking 'poor old thing, probably senile. Especially since my grey hair is now so surly it looks as if I've had a perm. Went into another panic when I thought my oyster card top up hadn't worked. Next day set off from daughters to National gallery (my treat to myself). Instructions given me by daughters partner about trains turned out to be out of date so instead ogpf getting there in good time with a chance of a coffee finished up rushing. Panic mode again. Then looked at my online booking and realised I hadn't printed off the actual ticket although it says quite plainly that you have to. Looked in despair at long line of people queuing for tickets and almost gave up. Again false alarm, a very nice attendant, again probably thinking poor old bat, just sent me to the advance ticket desk and they sorted it out. The last thing to go wrong was my pre booked taxi from the station to home wasn't there, the guy had forgotten. So all in all pretty stressful. What was disturbing though, wasn't so much all the glitches as how quickly I went into panic mode. Did it again this morning when my internet connection went off. So much for trying to stay stress free. Anyway off now for reflexology. Boy do I need it.
Highlighted

Hi It sounds like your family could do with some good luck! How about Jersey for a little holiday, I went ther before I was diagnosed in December and am planning to go back after my surgery and rads this summer. It as so peaceful and beautiful even in August and I flet very relaxed, only 35 min flight from Gatwick as well? I will feel more comfortable knowing I am still on uk soil as such as I am a but nervous about going too far. I work as a pastoral manager at a senior school where my son goes and I emailed all of his teachers separately to tell them of my situation and asked them to tell me if there was anything to be concerned about. He is 16 though so I know not as young as your GS, what he did say was that he didn't want the teachers to mention it and just treat him as normal which I also have heard from a friend of mine whose son was only 5 when she was first diagnosed. I don't think kids want to be different to their friends but maybe if one teacher or staff member could be allocated as a person he could talk to if he anted to that might be an idea. forgive me if I am sticking my nose in but I wish your daughter all the best with a dreadful situation and I hope you get to have a holiday soon. Hazel x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Cassie, what a terrible time for your daughter and grandson and you too, the flowers and chocolate are so thoughtful and will be much appreciated I'm sure. Hopefully ED can find a flat and break away from this man, must be very difficult though.i feel for you and hope things get sorted soon. Enjoy your massage and maybe planning a holiday? Maybe Italy!?
Rosie, my blender will be whizzing manically today!!!! Hope it's not raining today for you!
Joan, hope your meetings are going well!
Tij, how was the scan? Hope all is well.
Wild purl, hope you had a good time at craft get together- enjoy your Friday off.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Cassie what a truly awful situation and you feel so helpless. As I see it your grandson will be much better off in school it sounds like the staff are understanding . This will be his security where nothing has changed- he will have his friends and the teachers. He sounds like a very sensible little lad - he had weighed up,the situation- children are more resilient than you think. I have dealt with many similar situations and the child copes and deals with it far more quickly than adults. The best thing your ED can do is probably get her own place and give them both a fresh start.
Cassie what a wonderful thing to do for your daughter sending the flowers she will appreciate them so much. I hope you get a big bunch also.💐 you sound a wonderful caring mother and grandmother.
As for a holiday go for it but I wouldn't fly too far! if you like the heat Cyprus will,be hot from May to October with June/ July / August being the hottest months.
Remember our ladies are planning to meet up on 25th venue yet to be confirmed likely to be midlands!
Enjoy your last massage and day off!
Hope you manage to do some more blending today Lovewine! 🌽🍆🍍🍐🍏🍊🍋🍓🍑🍅
Highlighted

I am envious of your cruise Rosie sounds lovely, I am not sure what I will do this year especially now I will be cancelling my booked holidays to go up to Norfolk at the end of April to look after my grandson now that the wedding is not happening. I feel like I need a holiday the last one was in August when I went to Devon for a week I have had a couple of weekends away but they are not really long enough to unwind. I have travelled quite a bit in the past, but am not sure about going long haul yet, YD and I have been to Cuba in the past and the Dominican Republic which was very nice. Any suggestions ladies?

ED has gone back to Norfolk but all is not well, her OH wanted her back but has not acted as if he wants her back at all, to be honest I would not have gone, but I can't say that to her, she may try to get a flat of her own she did have a flat before but it will be difficult with my grandson and no formal diagnosis and not much support from anyone, she likes her job and they have held it open for her, they have been much more understanding as employers than her OH, my heart really goes out to her it is a truly awful situation. I have sent her a big bunch of flowers and some chocolates to be delivered on Sat for mothering Sunday, I doubt her OH would be so thoughtful the way things are at the moment.

My daughter went to a parents evening tonight at her sons school, the teacher asked if my daughter would mind explaining what had happened, she did write to the school, but I guess the head of year may not have shared everything. Apparently my grandson had on the Friday before they left for Devon taken his teacher aside and said you are not going to like this Miss but we have to go away to Devon and I don't know when we will be back, its all my stepdads fault. Bless him he is only seven, anyway they came back on Monday only away for a week, probably not long enough, my daughter was quite rightly worried about my GS school place, its a real predicament. I have the day off tomorrow and will be having the last massage at the hospital. Take care, speak soon Cassie x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sausage and mash yum yum!!
How very sad for the lady with brain tumour- she will appreciate your visit I'm sure.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ha ha Lovewine I don't think so I had diet coke tonight! DH cooked sausage and mash! We get frozen British sausages from the supermarket!
I managed to get in touch with the lady that travelled to Nicosia with me on the bus who now has a brain tumour. I am going to,see her next week. She is unable to walk far and has to use a wheelchair. So sad she is 10 years younger than me!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Maybe a relaxing glass of wine will bring it down Rosie🍷!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Mine was 149/97 Lovewine that is really high for me!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

It sounds lovely Rosie, so well deserved too for you and D/H after all the trials and tribulations of the last year! At least you can sit in the sun this year too!🌞, i have also had high blood pressure over last two herceptins, it can be a side effect apparently. I have never had high blood pressure before( apart from when things are not going quickly enough for my liking of course!) haha😠
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine glad you got to try the blender today!
Herceptin done although she did say my blood pressure was rather high! I worried for a moment that we had gone all the way there and they wouldn't do it. Carrot cake in IKEA very yummy!😜
Yes cruise was formDH 60th as we couldn't do anything in the summer due to chemo and my surgery! We are going round the med visiting mainland Greece and Turkey in addition to some Greek Islands! Can't wait now. Arranged to have Herceptin a day early on 31st as it is due April 1st the day we set sail!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Not long then Rosie for the cruise!! Remind me- is this for D/Hs 60th birthday treat? Where will you be cruising?
Hope herceptin went smoothly, hope too carrot cake was eaten🍰.
Have had a busy day again, did manage to blend some things i found in fridge and freezer- had spinach, raspberries, banana and soya milk, it was surprisingly good!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

I haven't seen the oncologist since the first session. The next Herceptin will be the day before the cruise!😃
Hope you have a good day and manage to get some fruit and veg!!!! The rain has stopped now not before DH and dog had been out and got very wet though! It's forecast on and off over the next 4 days but at least the temperatures are decent and not dropping below 18. Have put socks and jumper back on today though!
Highlighted
Community Champion

hope rain doesn't last too long Rosie, do you see oncologist when you have Herceptin?,I think I see mine again in 4 weeks and Echo scan about the same. Enjoy your lunch- I love carrot cake 😄🍰
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rather a shock here this morning woke up to rain!!!! I knew we hadn't finished with it yet!
Off to Nicosia soon DH is taking me. Maybe we will have lunch in IKEA and I will have carrot cake!😜 🍰
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good you are enjoying your time in school Rosie, it must be very nice to spend some time with the children, good luck tomorrow with herceptin! I havnt yet blended anything!! Have been so busy with work i havnt had time to buy fruit and veg- very frustrating! Am desperate to get going with it😄🍎🍌🍓
Highlighted
Community Champion

Enjoyed the interaction with the youngsters going again on Friday!
Have you had a blending session yet Lovewine if so did you enjoy your juice? Sorry you still have frost hope it warms up soon!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning all!
Rosie, this week last year I had my ct scan and sentinel node biopsy op! I started chemo on April 4th! I didn't expect either to still be having treatment or oncology appts( but I was so shocked at diagnosis I didn't think I would be here at all!!)
I have been allowed to use my blender now rather than wait until Sunday!! Can't wait to get going, I am not very good at eating fruit and much veg every day, this is a good way of blending in a hurry and it has a travel cup with lid so can take in car on my rounds whilst working! Have to balance all these tassimos, cakes and wine with something healthy🙀!
Enjoy your morning with the children- and of course the sunshine, we have had a frost again❄️!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning all from sunny Cyprus!😊
It is exactly a year ago this week that I had my biopsy confriming my cancer! I didn't expect to still be taking it easy and waiting for more surgery and continuing to attend the oncology centre a year on! I commenced my chemo on March 27th I joined the April thread as most ladies in March were on their second session. They have disappeared from the board so thank goodness I joined the April thread!
Going in to school this morning to hear some readers in Year 1 and Kindergarten!📖👂
Hope you all have good days!
Lovewine happy fruit and veg crushing!!!😜 Are you allowed to use it or is it being kept for Sunday??
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ha ha and me!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes Rosie, its very powerful so you dont have to peel and chop fruit and veg- ideal for impatient people like me!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??I

Oh Lovewine what a plot thank goodness there wasn't a trapped fox. I have not heard of a nutri bullet I guess it is some sort of blender???😕
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry, i lost post and then it went twice!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh Tlj poor you. I hope she didn't get the duck????😒
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear Tij, what a naughty dog! Mine do the same thing! Particularly if a squirrel is spotted!
Had an eventful evening- O/H at work still and have been babysitting ES and DILs dog today, when son picked him up he received a text from neighbours to say there was a fox trapped in wire in his garden upside down, knowing my love of animals i was persuaded to accompany son to his home -about half an hour away to ' rescue' distressed fox- only to discover almost there that it was all a plot to get me to Currys to buy a nutri bullet for me as a gift for mothers day!! I was incredibly relieved there was no terrified fox and vaguely disconcerted at what a good liar ES is! Am very touched though, i have wanted one for a while, in a hope of eating more fruit and veg, cant wait to start , have to buy more fruit and veg tomorrow!!😄🍌🍓🍅🍊🍒
Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh dear Tij, what a naughty dog! Mine do the same thing! Particularly if a squirrel is spotted!
Had an eventful evening- O/H at work still and have been babysitting ES and DILs dog today, when son picked him up he received a text from neighbours to say there was a fox trapped in wire in his garden upside down, knowing my love of animals i was persuaded to accompany son to his home -about half an hour away to ' rescue' distressed fox- only to discover almost there that it was all a plot to get me to Currys to buy a nutri bullet for me as a gift for mothers day!! I was incredibly relieved there was no terrified fox and vaguely disconcerted at what a good liar ES is! Am very touched though, i have wanted one for a while, in a hope of eating more fruit and veg, cant wait to start , have to buy more fruit and veg tomorrow!!😄🍌🍓🍅🍊🍒
Highlighted

Dog was seriously out of favour on Friday. I was walking her on the lead. She caught sight of a duck and took off with me attached. I now have a large bruise and graze on my knee, grazed hands and a sore shoulder. Hope I will manage lying on my tummy tomorrow morning for the scan!
Highlighted
Community Champion

I think it's either 16 or 18 Lovewine!!!
Hope you enjoyed your Tassimo and cupcake!😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, how many herceptin infusions do you have? I know countries vary, some only give 6- i think the standard by subcut injection in uk is 17 - i have had 8 so far!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Tij, great to hear from you, will have everything crossed for you for scan tomorrow, it is a month of anniversarys now for us isnt it! Surgery, scans etc.hope you dont have to wait too long either. How are you getting on with your dog? They certainly keep us fit, will be nicer now the spring is coming too . And yes another lady with BC, it seems to be very common-Sadly.
Rosie, poor D/H, we had fondue saturday night and my O/H had same effect, i think it is because it is quite rich! At least hes ok now by the sound of it!
I was thinking over the weekend that time is marching on and we should try and coordinate our get together- i am flexible, so can fit around whatever suits you all! It will be lovely to meet you ladies.
Have had quite a long, working day today, so after my decorating efforts too, i am feeling quite knackered now! Going to have a tassimo and a cupcake!🍰☕️😄
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Tlj good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you have another friend who,has joined the BC club it is rather scary! Do hope all goes well tomorrow with your MRI and that you get the results quickly.
DH went to school today he slept through the night without any more incidents! He was just feeling a bit weak this morning. He was tucking in to his packed lunch when I left school earlier!
I have my Herceptin infusion on Wednesday- this will be number 4!

Morning everyone,
Rosie, I hope your husband is on the mend today. Has he gone to work or is he staying away incase he infects everyone at school? I think it's probably a blessing in disguise that your surgery has been postponed until after your cruise. It would have been awful if you had a problem after the surgery and then you couldn't go on the cruise.
Lovewine, most impressed with your decorating. I quite like painting. I find it satisfying as you get very quick results from you efforts. Glad the new washing machine is working hard.
Joan, hope you got some gardening done this weekend and your meetings this week are not too taxing. I know what you mean about getting your head around things. I seem to be quite forgetful which is slightly distressing.
Cassie, glad you had the all clear and I hope your daughter is coping after her breakup. Is she settling in to her new life ok?
Wild purl, hope you had a fabulous weekend and are not too exhausted for your week at work.
I'm having an MRI tomorrow as an annual follow up. Just want to get it over with and hopefully get on with my life. Not sure when I will get results but hopefully within 24hrs as I know the radiologist who will be reporting it. Let's hope it's good news, otherwise it makes it a very tricky conversation for him and cr*p for me and my family. In the meantime I have another friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. We are now a gang of 4, it's like a plague!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well DH spent the evening throwing up!! Not sure whether it was the lunch or the bleach!!! The job was completed though so all is well in the shower room and bedroom until next winter. I am off shopping soon couldn't be bothered to do it at the weekend was enjoying being outdoors! Got to go to school later too to meet another colleague re assessment!
Hope you all had a good weekend- Wildpurl hope your trip went well. We must put some detail into our July meet up soon! We have to deal with my Dad's ashes first then we are going to spend a few days in Newcastle with DD and family the we have to make the trip to France to see ES and fiancee haven't been for 3 years! They have moved twice in that time!!! They rent.
So where ever we go to France from will determine our location for meet up. I will get onto this detail this week! Our son lives in Nancy and it is not easy to get to. We have flown, been on the ferry and the euro star! All long and difficult!😕
Cassie hope you are ok and Joan hope you had a relaxing weekend. Lovewine I think you deserved your chilli and red wine after your decorating saga!!!😜
Highlighted
Community Champion

O/H and myself were very envious Rosie of your chilled white and sunshine! I finished painting and very happy with results😄, enjoying a large glass of red🍷and veggie chilli!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovely lunch in the sun overlooking the sea with a glass of chilled white- perfect😊 on return home DH attacked bedroom when I reminded him and I watered some plants on the patio as we need to make repair to irrigation system before the really hot weather arrives😓😡🌞
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes I am very familiar with that !😏
Highlighted
Community Champion

He's done the shower room but forgotten the bedroom!!!!! He says he will do it later ??????
Highlighted
Community Champion

It takes my O/H ages to get on with boring tasks, so very impressed D/H is scrubbing!👍
Highlighted
Community Champion

Gosh I am impressed with your efforts Lovewine ! I can hear scrubbing upstairs now and the sound of the steps being moved! 😉
Highlighted
Community Champion

How lovely Rosie, 25- t shirt at the ready then! Traditional sunday lunch does sound very nice too😄, my O/H was impressed at my efforts yesterday, i was asleep by 7.30p.m though as really tired, but satisfied with my efforts. My decorating efforts are continuing today too, with OH at work i can really get on!, have pulled up the horrid carpet and found good floor boards, so off to b&q when it opens for some floor paint! I hate carpets when you have dogs, so this was the last one to go!! Its a damn good thing O/H doesnt mind what i do with the decorating!😼so will put bright, cheerful rugs over them! Good luck with the dreaded mould!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning all hope you are all having a good weekend. I am hoping DH will come off his computer to scrub the mould in our bedroom and the shower room. I have had a go at the shower itself not very successfully it needs a bit of pressure! I took the dog out this morning and went out in sandals, leggings a short sleeved tunic shirt and a light velour jacket. Had to take the jacket off and tie I it round my waist. It won't stay like this yet it is too early we will have some cooler weather and more rain! It's going to be 25 today!😊
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovewine well done you painting the whole bedroom hope OH was impressed! Theatre was very good went for pasta after and wine!!! Very mild here tonight no fire for 2 days in the house! The lunch we are going for tomorrow will be English traditional roast meat!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well i am feeling very pleased with myself as managed to paint the whole bedroom, it now looks bright and very calming, am going to brighten it up with some indian rugs!! The weather has been glorious here today too, almost wished i had left painting for a rainy day!
Joan, gardening sounds good, even better sitting in the sun, i really missed it last year. Hope your meetings are less stressful next week, as rosie says, the more you go to the easier it will become, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Rosie, how nice to say it was too hot to sit out in, spring is definitely here, enjoy your theatre and sunday lunch tomorrow- what do you have for sunday lunch? Am sure its lovely, even better when not cooking it ourselves!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Natural twine sounds better than cream Lovewine! Hope it's going well!
Joan yes I remember last summer when we couldn't sit in the sun I too have sat in the sun today but it was very hot in the sun and I had to move to the shade! I am sorry your meeting was so difficult and hope the 2 in London will be better - the more you do the easier it will become!