75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Lovewine

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good afternoon All, Wildpurl, enjoy your time today, how annoying about the delayed train, at least you managed to share taxis!

Rosie, hope you are nearly back home by now! Glad you had a lovely time, love your new profile picture, you look really well and happy😀

I have had a fairly quiet start to the week workwise which is nice. Also been cheered up by the arrival of 2 new trench coats from marks and spencer, a stone coloured one and a cobalt blue one- decided on the blue one as its more uplifting!

Joan, is your week a bit quieter this week? Sometimes its nice to have a lazy week - i know i appreciate not rushing around all of the time!😳

Cassie, how are things with you? 

Its blowing a gale here this afternoon, am keeping an eye on the fence again🙀!

Wildpurl

Morning all! I had a very busy week last week, travelled to Paris on Thursday afternoon, had an all day meeting on Friday and then the Eurostar was delayed on the way home. We got as far as Ebbsfleet and were already late, then the train was held and no traffic was going to St Pancras with no timescale for things to return to normal. In the end we decided to get taxis home and managed to book two taxis for the five of us, so left the train and I got home just after 1 am. I was shattered on Saturday and am still quite tired. Today I am working from home for a few hours and then have the day off. I have a visit to the beautician booked and will go swimming and have a sauna afterwards.

rosie glad you enjoyed your trip, safe journey home.

Hope everyone has a good week

rosie14

Good afternoon ladies! We have safely docked in New York! We had a very bad storm at sea the day before yesterday that went on all night!🙀😯😖😧 th waves were 8 metres high!!! The Caribbean was lovely but I would not choose to spend half the cruise sailing up,and down the Atlantic Ocean again!!!!🛳
We don't fly until,tonight from here. We get into Heathrow tomorrow morning then have a connecting flight to Larnaca! Arrive in Cyprus at 18.15 local time tomorrow!🙀 Will look forward to catching up in e next 2 days! X
Lovewine

Good Afternoon ladies, it has rained all day so far🌧😟, we have had a quiet day again, i popped out to the local town for some pet supplies and also some red wine! Cant forget the essentials 🍷😀!!

still so far so good with regards to dogs side effects from the change in chemo, hoping that will stay that way!

In Laws are ringing us about  5.00 p.m, they live in Canada, they are a very sore point with OH, as they have not been at all supportive to either of us during my treatment, i find i am playing the role of peace keeper with OH as if it was up to him i think he would cut off all communication with them😬, he is an only child too, our two boys are the only grandchildren! They have the ability to distance themselves from anything unpleasant that happens in life, very hurtful for OH. So hopefully the phone call will pass without incident!

Lovewine

Good morning ladies, Joan i hope you enjoy your Philip Larkin day! You have had a busy week too, i love the British Museum and always try and pop in when i can whilst visiting YS. I am going to spend some time spring cleaning😬, the low sunlight has shown some impressive spiders homes! Then probarly relax catching up with Endeavour and Midsomer murders and maybe even Three in a bed!!

OH seems a little better this week, assume the pills have started to have an effect, definitely helped having a trip to the Coast, the whale was very sad to see though

so far doggie is not showing any side effects, i am keeping in top of the anti nausea drugs and also the probiotic paste to settle his tummy, i am sadly now very aware every day is a bonus with him as his time is running out and i will not let him suffer in any way, the vet did say a few days ago though that we were nowhere near that stage yet.

Rosie, i expect by now your trip is nearly at an end😏, at least gloomy january is nearly over and the spring weather not far away!

I have seen several fields of lambs too this week!🐏, waiting for the ducklings now on the village pond!🐥

Wildpurl, i expect you are glad of the rest this weekend after Paris!

Cassie, hope you and your family are ok.

have a good weekend everyone!

joan47

What a quiet board it has been this week. Lovewine, I hope your dogs chemo goes well. Disappointing that he has become resistant to the particular drug. I hope he doesn't suffer too badly from the side effects of the new one. Great that your parents are doing well though, especially when we think back to this time last year. How is your OH doing? Good that you managed to get out over the weekend. It must have been very moving seeing the poor whale in the flesh. Very sad. Re my CT scan, I won't know until I see the consultant the week after next. 

Rosie, you seem to have been very lucky with the timing of your New York stays and the Caribbean has clearly been a wonderful experience.

wildpurl, hope your Paris trip went well and you are looking forward to a restful weekend.  Cassie, how are things with you? 

i dont seem to have paused for breath this week. Grandson ill so two days on the trot. Trip to a London a washout work wise since the meeting was cancelled but I didn't get the message in time.  on the plus side though I spent the time in the British Museum at the Religion after the Pharaohs exhibition which was fascinating and I would otherwise have missed since it finished last week.  But but a tiring day nonetheless with a book group meeting in the evening. Yesterday a conference in Cardiff which meant getting up at 5.30. I'm used to being awake at that time but getting ready to go out is another matter. Today I have a day school on Philip Larkin, which promises to be good but gloomy. Fortunately, and it sounds awful to say it, but the friends we were going to have dinner tonight with have had to cancel because their fridge/freezer has broken down. So a night in dozing in front of the Young Montabano hopefully, if it's on or something similarly restful for the brain. Tomorrow completely empty! 

Good weekends all. 

Lovewine

Good evening ladies, Rosie, your trip has flown past very quickly, as you say back to reality all too soon, rum punch does sound very tempting too🍹.

doggie has chemo again tomorrow, his drug has been changed to the E part of out FEC treatment! He has become resistant to the one he was having before. Will see how it goes anyway.

mum and dad popped up to see me for an hour, they seem to be doing ok which is a relief.

hope everyone is doing ok.

rosie14

Hello dear ladies I am missing reading your posts! At sea from 5pm until Sunday!!!😁😁😁
Caribbean been a wonderful experience! Especially the rum punch!😄😜 back to reality Monday! Will look forward to catching up!x
Lovewine

Good morning everyone!
Rosie, I think you are nearing the end of your cruise? I hope it's been a relaxing fabulous time for you both.
My ES has gone to Czec republic with work yesterday, he's there until Thursday.
Wildpurl, hope your Paris trip is / has gone smoothly !
Very windy overnight here again- will go down the garden shortly and see if my fence is still upright😁.
Joan, hope your week is going well and you have results soon from CT scan.
Cassie, hoping things are not so hectic at work for you now!
My workload has evened out this week thankfully!
Lovewine

Good evening ladies, i have had a fairly steady day at work today which was very nice, very busy tomorrow again though! 

Hope all ladies are doing ok, I think we are in for gales and rain again mid week!😬 Rosie, even more envious of your cruise looking at the weather forecast here!💦🌧💨

rosie14

Signing in from copacabana beach Barbados!😄😘🍸😎
We still have 2 more islands to visit and then 3 days at sea back to New York where we hope the snow will have gone!😁
Love to you all!
Lovewine

Hello everyone, we had a lovely day in Norfolk, walked on beach and Sandringham Estate, sadly a very large Sperm whale had beached , despite efforts to get it back into the sea it died, it was right up on the beach close to the cliffs, a magnificent creature- made us very sad to see it like that, attracted a lot of people , all like us- very sad and curious to be so close to it.

Hope you have all had a lovely, relaxing weekend.

Lovewine

Good evening ladies, Rosie, hope you are enjoying the trip, how long are you cruising for?

Joan, i admire the willpower to stay off the red wine, cheese and coffee! Sadly i have had all 3 today, having a glass of red wine now🙀! Enjoy your lunch tomorrow before the start of your hectic week.

i have had a very quiet day today, just 2 dog walks and some housework, tomorrow we are thinking of going to Sandringham with the dogs for a nice walk and then on to Hunstanton for a beach walk- its about 2 hours drive away from us, quite a nice drive through Kings Lynn and the fens.

OH seems a little improved , hopefully it continues, as you say Joan we have had a lot to worry about - not just BC, but my dads illness, YSs girl friend trouble, OHs gall bladder operation, living with our lovely dogs cancer, stress at work, etc etc😶!!

joan47

Good to hear from you TiJ and that you are doing well apart from the hair. As you say, it's minor in comparison with not being here at all but it's normal to be frustrated about it. Can your hairdresser suggest anything to hasten the process?

lovewine, I'm sorry to hear about your OH and hope that with the medication he will soon start to recover. You have all had such a lot to cope with over the last couple of years it's not surprising he is now having a reaction.  What an understanding GP you have. 

Wildpurl, how annoying to have your trip postponed and to be losing your Friday off. Great news about your daughter though.  Hope you enjoyed your Burns Night snd birthday supper. Do you have a Scottish connection? 

Rosie, hope you enjoyed the snorkelling. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip in due course. 

SILs parents now home and so far coping remarkably well. Otherwise not much to report here. Long day yesterday with grandchildren. Easy day today, spent couple of hours this morning with friends And the next seasons programme for the Royal Shakespeare Company - which runs until February 2017! What a thought. This afternoon knocked off a couple more churches from Simon Jenkins book followed by painting my nails, which takes me an extraordinary amount of time and they still don't look presentable till the next day when all the bits of varnish around the cuticles has washed off. Tomorrow lunch with a friend. Next week pretty busy though with 2 full days work, one in London, one in Cardiff, plus grandchildren and other regular commitments. I've managed to stay away from the cheese and red wine so far but have succumbed to coffee a couple of times. 

Enjoy the the rest of the weekend ladies. 

rosie14

Just a quick note from St Maarteen wifi hopeless!😁😌 got to give priority to family! Hope you are all well! I see we have heard from tlg how lovely!x
Lovewine

Hello everyone, a fairly quiet day for me other than going to Homebase with mum and dad and helping them choose some wallpaper for their hallway!

Wildpurl, i hope you enjoy your dinner with your family and good news your DD can resume her trip, so good she has returned to better health now. Hope your plants are ok, its a lot milder here today, i think cold and snow are on the way though next week!

Rosie, hope you are having a fantastic time, i am also very envious of your cruise!😊 how did the snorkelling go?

have made a lemon drizzle cake, may go and sample a piece now!

have a lovely weekend ladies.

Wildpurl

Good morning everyone, lovely to hear from you tlj! Glad you are doing well.

So my trip to France was postponed to next Friday, after a few changes of date, which is annoying but I shall take time off on the following Monday instead. This week has been busy as usual, and it has been very cold! I hope my citrus trees and banana plant are OK, they are fleeced up and in sheltered places but it was -7 outside overnight on Wednesday!

lovewine I am sorry your OH has been impacted by the events of the last few years, but as the Dr says, it is natural and perhaps triggered by the end of your treatment. It is good he is getting some help, though.

yesterday was DS's birthday and this evening he and his GF are coming here to have an early Burns Night and birthday dinner, which will be nice. DD is flying to the CAR today for a month. She will be working on a new project and this is what she was hoping to do when she came home last summer, so after everything that has happened it is great that she can now return to the field and continue with her research.

today I don't think the sun has risen it's so gloomy! I'm very envious of your cruise Rosie! I hope you are having a lovely time.

joan your improve your bookshelf gift sounds interesting. I occasionally buy a Humble e-book bundle to make myself read books and authors I would otherwise not know about. Some have been strange and a lot have been really good albeit very different from my normal reading. I think it is enriching to read new and different authors sometimes and what a great gift idea for an avid reader. Hope at least one of the dogs makes it to the end of the book though!

Lovewine

How lovely to hear from you Tij, great news you are doing well, i am sure the hair will gradually improve, as you say being here is more important! This time of year is very poignant with our diagnosis and treatments- i found my lump on 4th February and then life changed forever! Enjoy your time in the U.K and hope the entrance exam is successful!

Rosie, snorkelling sounds very interesting! 🦂🦀🐠🐬 hope you see lots of unusual creatures! Hopefully the medication will start to have an effect in the next few days for OH, it just shows what a dreadful effect this damn disease has on everyone.

very cold here today, had a sharp frost this morning, not working tomorrow, taking my car into the garage to be serviced, then may potter about at home!

hope you are all ok and looking forward to some relaxation at the weekend, particularly Wildpurl after your flying visit to Paris!

Tlj63

Good afternoon ladies.

It's been ages since I've been on this forum. I think I am trying to mentally move on from  2014, however, it was this week 2 years ago that I went for my first screening mammogram and the rest is history!

It's great to see you are all still in touch and getting on with your lives.

Life is pretty good for me at the moment. We are traveling to the uk this weekend to see my older son as he has an exeat weekend from school and then I am taking younger son for his assessment for entrance to another school on Monday. Hoping to see my mum on Saturday as the boys haven't seen her for ages but she has a terrible cold and so we may have to cancel.

My hair is still very thin, almost bald on the crown of my head! My hair dresser assures me it is coming back slowly, but I'm not convinced. But other than that I'm fine, and being alive is more important than hair.

Hope you are all well and enjoying life.

rosie14

Love wine sorry to hear your oh is not too good do hope it will be short lived! Going on a snorkelling trip this afternoon they provide floatation jackets so hopefully I will manage! Wifi very hard to get here so will have to grab while I can and catch up on return!
rosie14

A quick hello from San Juan! Arrived after 3 days at sea!😬 Will have to catch up with the thread when we can have better wifi! Love to you all!x
Lovewine

Good evening ladies, Joan, i do like the sound of your hazelnut and coffee pudding! Glad you had a nice weekend with the birthday celebrations. I remember having the doughnut scan ( Ct!) at the beginning of treatment, not surprising you felt wobbly. Your latest book sounds interesting, but i think i will stick to the crime novels!! Very good news the in laws are well enough to be discharged- when my dad was discharged after 6 weeks in hospital last year he had to have a home assesment to check he could get upstairs( mum and dad only have a bathroom and loo upstairs), mum paid £4,000 fo a stair lift!

OH visited our GP today as struggling with stress and a very low mood- our doctor said he had been expecting him!- apparently very common for close relatives to have a bit of a meltdown after cancer treatment finishes- sort of a delayed shock after the strength and support they give. He has been prescribed the same anxiety meds as myself and my mum🙀- the G.P desribed it as a ripple effect within the family affected by a cancer diagnosis. Hopefully he will start to feel better soon.

ES off to the Czec Republic next week with work- apparently its at least -7 degrees at the moment 😬❄️

joan47

Cassie, glad the worst of the inspection work is over. I was going to say you will be glad to get back to normal but that is pretty hectic anyway, so I hope work is less pressurised for you than it was last year. Like Lovewine I had chemo first so it was quite a shock to read that you are due for your checkup. Have a wonderful birthday even if it doesn't involve air miles. 

Lovewine, good that things are settling down for you too work wise and that the dogs chemo went well. We haven't had any snow here at all, much to GDs disappointment. I keep thinking of you while reading my current book which is called Fifteen dogs. It's rather strange, about 15 dogs in Toronto who are given human consciousness by two Greek gods. Not sure I would recommend it though, three quarters of the way through  and all but two are dead. I didn't chose it, my husbands xmas present to me was signing me up to a scheme called improve your bookshelf, whereby I get sent a book a month. 

Rosie, you certainly packed in a lot in your time in New York. That bar bill sounds extortionate though and the bar attendants rudeness is no recommendation either. But at least you enjoyed the show. Hope the trip is going well, think of us as we shiver. 

Wildpurl, not sure exactly when you're off to Paris but hope it goes/is going/has gone well.

the last few days seem to have been quite busy. The weekend was lovely with first GDs family birthday party, then YDS birthday on Sunday. I made a rather spectacular pud three layers of coffee and hazelnut meringue sandwiched with a hazelnut and chocolate filling and cream. It was enormous. It was supposed to serve 10 but after 5 people had had seconds we were still only halfway through. The remains went straight into the freezer to prevent temptation. Monday's appt turned out to be for a CT scan rather than an MRI (the doughnut machine rather than the tunnel) so the actual experience was fine but I came away feeling really wobbly. Won't get the results for a couple of weeks. Had my 5th acupuncture on Tuesday. Part of the session was discussing diet. Help, I've been advised to cut out coffee and cheese and stick to white wine! Good news re in laws, he came home yesterday and she is due home today. Apparently they are sending a team out with her to assess the house. Seems a bit late for that. 

enjoy the rest of your weeks ladies. 

Lovewine

Cassie, lovely to catch up with your news- glad things are settling down at work! A very happy birthday for friday, hope you have a lovely day whatever you do- surprises are nice for birthdays!😊🍸🎉. I suppose this time of year is the time when appointments come rolling in, because i had chemo first, my mammograms and checks are in august😬, definitely book a trip, something to look forward to in these cold days.

Rosie, hope you are having a lovely time, where are you visiting first? 

Joan, hope you got on ok yesterday with the scan.

Wildpurl, i have started taking vitamin D, do you know what strength you take? I have bought 1000 strength.

My week not quite so busy now Christmas rush has passed!

Cassie86

Evening Ladies,

Lovewine it truely looks like Narnia in the photos you posted and you poorly doggie looks very content, we have only had a light sprinkling in London.

We are just coming down from all the activity at work in the last couple of weeks, still some more submitting of evidence to do but pretty much finished with it now, thank goodness. I have so many appointments coming up in the near future I just hope I remember to attend them all, its my birthday on Friday and YD has something planned, but is remaining tight lipped. I have a three consultant appointments a scan a mammography and a minor surgery appointment which is the first one, it makes me feel old and ill which I am not.

I am jealous of your travels ladies I think it may be time to plan my next trip somewhere warm.

I had GS over the weekend and my internet went down, he was not pleased. YD daughter seems to be getting on OK in her new job with Virgin, maybe some air miles may come my way, here's hoping so.

Keep warm and cosy Cassie

Lovewine

Good morning ladies, just wanted to say I hope everything goes well for your appointment today Joan.
Another week begins, can't believe we are mid January already!
Rosie, hope your boarding passes smoothly and you can look forward to some warmth!☀️😎, enjoy it!
Wildpurl , good luck with the Paris trip.
rosie14

Good morning ladies snow😱 No snow here although part of a lake in Central Park had ice on it! I didn't make the Rockefella Centre yesterday I stayed in the hotel as we had walked a fair way round Central Park as my right leg plays up! Something else that needs sorting!😖
We are being transferred to ship at noon. No free wifi onboard so it maybe Wednesday before I can touch base. Stay well ladies!x
Lovewine

Morning ladies, lots of snow here too, walked the dogs first thing this morning through the woods and it looked like narnia!!
Rosie, hope you are enjoying your time in New York, certainly does sound a bit steep for the bar bill.
Wildpurl, hope you enjoy pottering today, i am going to probarly do the same, we may visit the village pub later on this afternoon.
Joan, hope your daughter had a nice birthday and liked the mirror.
enjoy your sundays, Cassie, hope you are ok too.
will try and put some snow pics on !
Wildpurl

Morning all, it has snowed in the night! Just a light dusting but pretty nonetheless.

Today is definitely an indoor day.

rosie I'm glad you enjoyed the Lion King but that bar bill was a bit steep!

I hope you have a good day sightseeing today, when do you go on board, is it tomorrow?

Hope you all enjoy your Sundays

rosie14

The Lion King was excellent Broadway was heaving and we couldn't get anything to eat prior to the show we had to wait until,11.00pm and get a pizza at the hotel!😧
We had a drink and some Pringles from the bar in the theatre and it cost $54!!!!🙀 The bar attendant was very rude to us as we didn't give her a tip!😞 Two locals behind us said she had been very rude to us!
Tuscan bean soup sounds healthy Lovewine!
Hoping to make Central Park today and the Rockefeller Centre later today.
Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Lovewine

Hello everyone, Rosie, you managed to see a lot yesterday, well done in beating the queues! Have a lovely time at the theatre tonight- what a fabulous experience, hope you enjoy every minute of it!😊

a very cold day here, but at least the mud has frozen now.

been out to the supermarket earlier, OH is working until later this evening, so just a lazy afternoon, have made a Tuscan bean soup which can be reheated later!🍲.

hope you all enjoy your weekend off!!

rosie14

Hi ladies!
We made the Empire State Building before the queues thank goodness. Went to the observatory on the 86th floor!🙀 Then we went for a boat ride and passed the Statue of Liberty. Also visited the 9/11 memorial which makes you feel quite emotional! Then went to Times Square. We have done a lot of walking today and I struggled to get back! Resting now before Lion King tonight!
Glad dogs chemo went well Lovewine enjoy your weekend!
Joan I do hope all goes well for you on Monday one can't help feeling very apprehensive after being bitten once by the big C about any subsequent tests!
Have a good weekend all of you!
Wildpurl

He is a very fine dog and looks very well and contented. What a lovely welcoming space for dogs (and people!) on a cold winter day.

joan my trip to Paris will just be an overnight stay and then all day meeting I think. It's not the best time of year for visiting anyway, in the summer it would be nice to stay longer.

Camilla Lackberg writes crime novels set in the Swedish town of Fjallbacka. Her detectives are a husband and wife team, the husband is a police detective and the wife is a novelist. They meet in the first book, The Ice Princess.

rosie, I hope you are having a lovely time and that the cruise is relaxing for you both.

Lovewine

Have posted a pic of poorly doggie in front of my fire recovering!!
Lovewine

Hello ladies, Rosie, i hope you beat the queue at the Empire State Building and had a good time, what are your plans for the rest of your time in New York?

Joan, its totally understandable you are feeling apprehensive about the MRI on monday, anything to do with tests, scans etc brings it all back. The book i have started is part of Richard and Judy wh smith book club and ii have found their books generally good reads- it is by an author called Ruth Ware...In a Dark, Dark Wood.

Wildpurl, hope you had a restful day off, what are you making at the moment? I also have not come across the author of your present book either, will look it up! 

Cassie, have a good weekend , bet you are ready for it!

Dogs chemo went ok, bloods taken this time, hes so brave, doesnt even flinch when they take it out of his neck😬🐶, i plan on having a quiet weekend after 2 very hectic working weeks, thats the plan anyway, not sure if it will work out that way!

joan47

Rosie, hope youre managing to stay warm in New York, quite a shock after Cyprus. Did you manage to get to the Empire State Building in time to avoid the queues? Pity your oncology appt was so stressful. Although you would have already known the implant was tight I I guess having a professional confirm it makes a difference. Hope you manage to put it to one side while you're away. (I did wonder whether I should say anything about it for that reason). I'm getting myself a bit worried about having an MRI on Monday. Although it's part of an investigation into my cough it does bring back all the Cancer stuff and of course, probably irrationally, I'm worried that they might find something. 

Lovewine, after finishing the Ian rankin  I decided I needed to read something other than detective novels for a while. But I do have a Jeffry Deaver beckoning me so don't know how long I will last out. Who wrote the book you mentioned.

wildpurl, will it be a flying visit to Paris or will you have at leadt a little time at leisure? I haven't heard of the author you mention but will check it out. 

Must dash now, husband and GS just come back from the apparatus at the play centre and attention is required. 

rosie14

Good morning ladies from New York! Yes it is very cold here we packed hats and scarves thank goodness!
We are planning to be at the Empire State Building by 8am to hopefully avoid too much of a queue!
Lovewine hope all goes well today fortunately the doggie chemo doesn't have the effects on him that it did on us glad he is still active and happy!
Wildpurl you certainly get to travel about with your job! Enjoy your weekend!
Cassie hope your week went as well as possible and that you will find time to relax over the weekend!
Joan enjoy the family birthday celebrations!
Free wifi at hotel we won't have it on the ship!
Wildpurl

Morning all, cold here and bright. Glad it's Friday, I have a peaceful day planned, mostly crafting and pottering and also a visit to the gym for a swim and sauna.

looks like I may have to visit a supplier in Paris next week, so that will be a busy time.

i hope you are having a good trip, Rosie and that you enjoyed The Lion King. Good luck with doggie chemo Lovewine and hope you get some me time as well. I am currently reading Camilla Lackberg's Lost Boy which is excellent. I love her novels. I got it for a bargain price in the 12 days of Kindle.

cassie and Joan hope all is well with you

Lovewine

Good evening ladies, Rosie, hope you have arrived at your hotel by now! Is it very cold in New York? Its been very cold here today, quite a shock!

Wildpurl, bet you are ready for the long weekend now, Cassie, hope your week has been a little less stressful, not sure though it probably has been!

Joan, hope you have a nice birthday celebration with your daughter, have you managed to find some time for your classes this week? Are you reading any good crime/detective novels at the moment? I am trying one of the WHSmith book club books next- called in a dark, dark wood, has very good  reviews , so will see!

Dog has chemo again tomorrow, always get anxious when taking him, too many unpleasant memories, also i worry that its no longer working, he is very active and happy at the moment though!🐶😊

rosie14

Quick good morning from Heathrow! Depart in 1.5hrs!😏
Oncology appointment stressful! Had blood test and need to have ultra sound and chest X-ray. He agreed the right implant is very tight and asked me what the surgeons plan is!😞
Have a good day ladies!
Lovewine

Good morning ladies! Rosie, I hope you are ok and well on your way on your journey! The travelling is always the worst part.
Have woken up to sleet and some snow , it's turned much colder😁.
Hope all ladies are doing ok- nearly end of the week!
Lovewine

Rosie, i hope your oncology appointment has gone ok, hope your flights are on time and New York here you come! 🚖🗽 , at least DH got packed in the end😬, i am like you and would have packed early and recdone it several times too!

rosie14

Good morning ladies!
Husband completed packing by midnight!😁 I knew it would be a job that's why I started as soon as we came back! It took me several attempts to finalise it!
Got a couple of errands to do on the way to Nicosia oh and drop the poor dog!
May sign in from Larnaca airport if I have time not flying till 7.30pm first step,Heathrow and then off to New York in the morning!🚖🗽🏨
Have a good day ladies!x

rosie14

Thanks Joan!
DH is now on the case! 😏 The dog chose tonight to run away behind the neighbours house and eat their rubbish!!! She was supposed to be playing ball with DH he stomped in and told me I would have to go and get her. 😬 I went out with a torch to call her and I could hear them having a big row!!🙀
It sounds like the Give could end in divorce!🤔
My car passed the mot thank goodness Lovewine!
What a nice gesture for ES to get a response to his email!
Hope the later part of the week is quieter Lovewine. Good luck with the grandchildren duties Joan!

Lovewine

Rosie, hope DH is prepared now for your holiday, has the car passed the MOT test? You dont want car repairs on your mind whilst away! Hope the oncology appointment goes ok, have a fabulous holiday, try and relax and leave your worries at home!😊
Joan, my OH always leaves drawers open- drives me mad too, also wardrobe door.,i am sure i have irritating habits too, thankfully we do not have a lodger🙀!
Thought this week would be a bit quieter but doesnt appear to be so far, really busy today. ES quite pleased with himself as he has had a very nice email from Michael Portillo in reply to his he sent - ES did his dissertation on victorian attitudes towards concept of time and the role railways played in this, he got a 1St BA in history on this - so he watches Portillos Great Railway Journeys, i also enjoy the series too! He replied to ESs email within the hour too and was genuinely interested!
joan47

Rosie, I won't catch you tomorrow since we're on GS duties so have a wonderful holiday. Hope OH gets his packing done without completely driving you to distraction/ staying up till the small hours and that your anxieties about the journey don't make it too much of an ordeal for you. Also hope all goes well with the oncology appointment. 

Went to to my short story class this afternoon which wAs taxing but enjoyable. One of the stories we looked at called The give was about a married couple who had developed an interesting way of ironing out minor marital irritations. Every year each of them could ask the other to stop doing something irritating and the other had to comply. That's the 'give' . I thought I might introduce that. I can think of quite a lot of things I might ask for though, starting with really minor ones like not leaving drawers half open, which drives me mad. Trouble is I'm sure OH would also have a long list!  (In case the story sounds really boring the wife's 'give' was for her husband to stop having sex with their male lodger! 

rosie14

Good morning ladies!
Or should I say afternoon?!😏
Feeling quite fraught now DH still not done packing I have just spent a very pleasant couple of hours having my nails done and eyebrows shaped! I went for a coral pink colour! Not doing anything risky with my hands for a couple of hours. Had to take my sandals to drive home in realised I had socks and boots on!
Sunny today here again after yesterday mornings heavy rain.
Got to take my car in at 3 pm for mot it expires when we are away!😕 They only do them every 2 years here so it's easy to forget! Just hope they don't find anything wrong with it!🙀
Joan Axbridge is a very pretty little place my aunt used to live in Weston and we often used to drive through Axbridge.
Well done on the swimming and the no alcohol! I can manage not to drink Sun- thurs when in routine but of course holidays are rather different!!!😎😜🍸🍷
Lovewine I started to watch the same programme but when I realised it was the other side of the island I turned over to watch Tipping Point!
Cyprus is wonderful in the sun but I don't like winter here! You can get some bargains! They are planning a new marina for Coral Bay and having a casino somewhere on the island so this could well boost interest and push prices up! Also tourists are favouring Cyprus in lieu of Egypt! I heard on the radio this morning that it will become more popular as a wedding destination from Lebanon as it is only a 35min flight to Beirut.
Will touch base briefly in the morning! The visit to the oncologist isn't helping my state of mind!😏

Lovewine

A quick good morning everyone, very busy day today again!  Rosie, hope you have a fabulous trip if i dont manage to catch up later today! I watched a place in the sun yesterday on Cyprus, it looked lovely- the people bought a very nice apartment too for £52,000, looking at the weather outside i was very tempted!

joan47

You seem to have had an eventful couple of days Rosie. Lucky escapes both in terms of avoiding and insurance fine and, more importantly, an accident. Not so lucky with having to do an impromptu maths lesson. Commiserations on the shorts. The church was Axbridge. Lovely church and lovely town square. 

Lovewine, we shall probably have a family lunch here for daughters birthday, on Sunday. Saturday its GDs family birthday tea so ED and partner are coming down. Hope OHs back continuing to improve. As you say men do seem to be pretty pathetic about looking after themselves. 

Got  myself started back on the straight and narrow with swimming this morning (not many lengths and it was a real effort but a start) and meditation this evening. Also no alcohol since Friday and kale with supper! But it is only Monday.

joan47

Sorry Rosie, just worked it out.