62272members
327831posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

11,093 REPLIES 11,093

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Morning everyone, it has been a wet weekend here and continuing today. Rosie, you have a busy time of transition ahead, I wish you luck with your decluttering. I’m sure you will enjoy having the family to stay in a few weeks, they will enjoy the warmth and sunshine!

The motorhome was an inspired purchase by the sound of it!

Lovewine, it must be hard for all the friends and family of your friend with cancer. Your helping with their dog is much appreciated, I am sure. It is hard to deal with the everyday things when something like that is hanging over you and practical support really helps.

I hope things have calmed down at work after your backlog.

Cassie, I found it really helpful to discuss my retirement provisions with a financial advisor last year. Much to my surprise I found that I would be able to retire when I wanted and got a clear picture of what to do in the meantime. I hope you get similar insights! Your job does sound very stressful and busy, I think you cope with it very well but it is not surprising that you are considering other options.

Joan, I have mixed feelings about reunions, it is interesting and enjoyable to meet people one once knew well after a long break, but then I often realise that we have drifted far apart!

I can’t remember if I mentioned that I had applied for another role in the same company but a different business, earlier this year, anyway I was offered the role in August and started a few weeks ago. It is the sort of work I like very much, very full on and busy and worse at the moment because the team has been left to its own devices for over a year and everything is in chaos. I’m enjoying it but it is much busier than what I have been doing! 

The sweater is progressing well, I will post photos when finished

Community Champion

Ladies I put up a longish post yesterday and it clearly isn’t there! I can only assume when I went back into it to edit I didn’t repost it!😳🙀😬

Firstly Joan- yes the weather is still very pleasant here and the next few days will see temperature rise to 33! I have made use of the pool which is a little cool now for me on entry at 24! YS and family arrive on Oct 20th for a week and they will be going in whatever the temperature! It’s fine once you are in!😧

The dentist took some x rays and desensitised the area causing concern. She asked if I was stressed as my rt jaw clicks!🤣 Also she wondered if I ground my teeth whilst asleep?  She said if the discomfort didn’t improve to go back in two weeks and she would fit me with a gum shield to wear at night! I don’t think so!😳🤦🏻‍♀️😖 She has given me a paste to use and it seems to have improved slightly plus I am trying to relax my face!🙄

The motorhome is very good for DH, I am sure that he would not have stepped back from the business without such an interest! DD said that he looked more relaxed than she had seem him look for a long time in the pictures I posted of our trip!

I loved your account of the chap that told you husband he wanted to marry you and you couldn’t remember him!🤣 Also the two women that said they were envious of you because you were beautiful- maybe you need to get your photos out and look at the beautiful you!😊 The north east coast is certainly very bracing! I can remember taking YGG a walk in the wind when she was 5 months and she was gasping! I said to her, “You will have to get used to this lass you are a northern girl!”😮 (She is 11 in 2 week! )

Sorry to hear that you have had computer issues again, maybe it’s time to ask Santa for a new one?😉 Hopefully the invoice won’t be too bad!😕

Cassie sorry to hear that you have been affected by the Finsbury water main problem I did see the pictures on the news!🙀

Sorry to hear that ED is having a struggle again and can’t get the support she needs! How is GS coping with the situation? It must be a constant worry for you!😕

Maybe it’s time to plan another holiday so you have got something to look forward to?

Lovewine I am glad that you enjoyed your break in N Yorks! The arrival of MIL certainly sounds as if it will be a difficult time especially for OH! Thankfully she is only with you for one day! Do you know how long her visit is for?

My goodness life without a phone, especially when you use if for your business, must be a total nightmare! Thank goodness BIL was able to lend you one!

I am so sorry to hear that your neighbour has been so unwell let’s hope that he gets out of hospital and can enjoy another spell with his family. Such a horrid time for them as they know their days are numbered together as a family!😢

They are lucky to have a lovely neighbour like you who will look after the dog for them! 

Wildpurl I expect that your sweater will be progressing well during the wet spell of weather? 🤔

DH and I are having to de clutter here once again as we can’t ship all our personal effects back to the UK that we shipped here 10 years ago! He is moving into a studio at the top of the new school building with an en-suite. We can’t use the top floor for students so the directors have claimed it for offices and a board meeting room! It has a kitchenette. 

I have told DH that I will not stay in it when I visit Cyprus as the only window is high up! 😳 so we will have to check into a hotel! We will be saving the rent and pool maintenance 

so this will work out much cheaper as we have been paying nearly €1000 a month for both! We move out of here on Nov 7th and I return to the UK on Nov 15th so I am looking for somewhere to stay for the week!

As DH is a hoarder and I am not I think an interesting weekend is in store! Wish me luck ladies! 😳🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♀️🤬🤯

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, its an awful afternoon here, very wet again. We had a lovely break in North Yorks, sadly i paid the price the rest of the week trying to catch up at work .

We have MIL arriving from Canada tomorrow😬🙀, fortunately not staying with us , but at her sisters in Nottinghamshire, OH has been “ordered “ down to Heathrow to pick her up, so she will be here tomorrow and then taken up to  Notts, OH is very stressed, she decided to fly over as the sister is convinced she is dying ( she isnt !!) and has demanded she comes over for a grand reunion - i cant begin to tell you what a can of worms the visit has opened for OH😕- we are feeling very stressed.

I have also been without my phone since midweek as the torrential rain seeped into the controls and its broken it , its been sent off by my Insurance company to be fixed, leaving me without one, a disaster for my work. BIL has lent mean ancient one of his!

Cassie i am sorry your ED is struggling and having to fight to access the proper treatment and help, how appalling, i hope she can get counselling soon. Your job does sound very hectic and d what a nightmare having no water.

Joan, glad you enjoyed your trip, shame about the wet weather for you, also computer nightmares 😮

Rosie, hope you sorted out your dental issues and are now pain free. Lovely to be still in the warm temperatures in Cyprus 😎.

Wildpurl, hope you are enjoying your winter vegetables now, like the sound of your striped sweater.

Our good friend who is ill had a very bad few days, he went by ambulance as an emergency on tuesday as the blood clots in his legs have gone into his lungs which are life threatening, things seem to be under control and a shunt has been put in , he is still in hospital until next week, i have been looking after their young German Shepard, hes lovely. Very worrying times for him and the family .

Have a good weekend ladies . 

Good Morning Ladies,

Its been very wet here in more than one way we have had a local water mains badly flood nearby at Finsbury Park although it is nearly a mile away all the water was off including the surgery which as you can imagine was a palaver with bottled water for our loo and hand washing plus alcohol rub and gloves of course. Work in general is so busy I wish I could retire now to be honest I would probably be bored in a couple of weeks, I have been given extra work to do which involves so much reading that I have needs eye drops, I can't be good.

ED is going through a struggle again at the moment and still has not had any counselling which I find unbelievable after being an inpatient it makes no sense at all to be discharged and that is it? ED has been in touch but has had no response, I suggested she should discuss things with the GP she has other health issues too, but no doubt puts GS first. It is a fact that the people that really should be seen in A&E and by the GP either fail to engage for various reasons and the worried well are always seeking attention.

Rosie I sympathise with the washing problem, I have no line here either only a pull out one over the bath, I have quite a big bathroom so it's not quite so horrendous as it sounds and a separate washer and condenser dryer which works very well and needs no plumbing. It does leave no space for a dishwasher in my kitchen though, I dry underware and small items immediately which takes 45 in mins, larger items I hang overnight then if needed finish them off in small batches in the dryer to prevent ironing wherever possible.

Have a good weekend ladies even if it is a wet one

Lovewine, I hope you had at least some dry weather while you were away. The weather has been quite appalling here and while we were up in Newcastle.  Very jealous of your continuing warm weather in Cyprus, Rosie. Hope your dental problems are now sorted out. It sounds like you are going to be travelling quite a lot in the spring, you are certainly making full use of your motor home and even your OH seems to be disentangling himself from the heavier demands of the school. 

Cassie, I hope last weekend went well and that this week has not been so busy at work. The pension question must be very difficult to resolve. I feel so sorry for the ladies who lost their court case. It may be true that the previous system discriminated against men but when you have planned your affairs thinking you would have your pension at 60 its not easy to adjust, at a late stage, to not having that security. 

We had a good, if hectic, trip to Newcastle. It turned out that several of the people going to the school reunion were also staying in the same hotel on the Saturday and Sunday nights so we had lots of opportunities to catch up. The reunion itself was enjoyable but a bit strange- there were people there whose names I recognised but couldnt picture them as they were at school. One chap told my husband- who came to pick me up- that he had wanted to marry me. I couldnt remember him at all and certainly cant recall having that effect on anyone. A couple of women also said they had been very envious because I was beautiful. Dont remember EVER thinking that about myself or being told it! Also managed to catch up with my brother and his wife, and one of my nephews and his young family, AND have a blustery - and brief-walk at the coast. Cant go to the NE and not do that. Came back exhausted on Monday evening and then next day discovered that my computer was on the blink. Why does that always seem to happen when its most needed. Finally got it fixed this afternoon after 2 days in computer hospital. Dreading the invoice. 

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Wildpurl I thought of you yesterday when I hung my washing out and wondered if you got yours hung up outside and dry?🤔 The one thing I struggle with at out apartment in the UK is the fact that I have to use a washer drier! I hate it, it either shrinks the clothes or doesn’t dry them probably!😡🙀😬😳 When motorhoming we do have a drying rack but didn’t get much use of it on the last trip and had to use the drier in the laundry which at least only had a 45min cycle instead of nearly 4hrs and did dry the clothes! 

I like the sound of your different coloured sweater and look forward to seeing a picture of the finished project!

Lovewine what a wonderful idea to knit hand warmers for your dog walking friends! 😊 I am sure that they will be most grateful for such a thoughtful practical gift!

I am not sure if you are still away? You said you were going for a few days. I do hope that you experienced some dry walking weather and feel that the break recharged your batteries.

I have an emergency dental appointment today as I have been suffering a lot of pain and discomfort in an area of my mouth! Not looking forward to the verdict and the necessary treatment!😳

Joan hope that you enjoyed your weekend away and that this week won’t be too busy for you!

Cassie trust you enjoyed your weekend with GS, how is ED at the moment?🤔

Community Champion

Good morning ladies from a wet and wild North Yorkshire !

having a very nice few days away , yesterday was sunny and mild and Friday a bit mixed ,

Rosie excellent you are able to plan more trips and spend more time in the U.K , although I expect the sunny days of Cyprus will be missed ! I totally understand the gossip of a small village environment as ours is exactly the same - usually motivated by a few busybodies !🙄👵🏻.

Wildpurl I am knitting hand warmers for my dog walking friends at the moment .

Cassie sorry to hear your friend is getting pain in her other leg now . Don’t blame your YD making the most of some warm weather.

Joan I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend in the North East .

Enjoy your Sunday everyone 😊

Morning everyone, it is bright here following a wet night and should be an OK morning, I need to get some washing on the line!

rosie, it’s good that you and DH have managed to execute an exit strategy and that you will be able to spend more time in the UK and travelling in the motor home in the future. I look forward to following your adventures in Spain and Portugal!

lovewine I hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing time away

i hope you enjoy your weekend with GS cassie

i am currently knitting a sweater, it is very light and warm and fun to knit as there are different colours which is quite motivating as I am keen to knit to the next colour!

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Casssie I hope that you and GS are enjoying your weekend together. Sorry to hear that your friend is experiencing pain in her other leg- was she told that it needed a replacement also? I had to go the further year with shocking pain in my left leg and it’s only now 6 months later with 2 TKR’s that I am totally pain free and it doesn’t keep me awake at night- although I still don’t sleep particularly well!🙄

Lovewine I hope that your time in Robin Hood Bay is relaxing and that you aren’t getting too wet!🤔

Joan hopefully you enjoyed your weekend In Newcastle catching up with family and friends! 

Wildpurl what craft projects do you have on the go at the moment?

It’s pleasantly warm here still in Cyprus with temperatures in the top 20’s a little cooler in the evening and mornings! 

We went to the theatre last night to see a double bill called Black Comedy the second part was better than the the first half, which was thankfully only 30 mins! 

I met up with the librarian from school yesterday and we tried to put the world to rights!🙄 Her DD who is the same age as mine in going through relationships problems!😳 We enjoyed an iced caramel latte at our favourite meet up at Cap St George! She is the only person here that I am free to talk openly to and she says I am the same for her! People are such gossips here and have no loyalty! Everyone seems to know everyone else it’s like village mentality!😳

Ladies enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Good Evening Ladies,

I am well Rosie just unbelievably busy at work and keeping busy at home, I have GS this weekend YD left for Ibiza this morning she is having a break in a spa hotel, good for her I say she works very hard.

My dog walking friend is doing well but her other knee has begun to hurt too! We are all looking into weather it is worth while staying in our pension scheme or draw it out and put it in a high interest account oh the worries of life, I have not decided yet, I have someone looking into the scheme and doing the calculations on a prediction that I may live to see 80, that gives you food for thought.

Best get off to bed

Have a good weekend all, I hope you don't get too wet with this persistent rain that has been forecast

Community Champion

Ladies I am reunited with my iPad and WiFi! 😄

Wilpurl you are certainly very well set up for the winter with a variety of veg it must be very satisfying to eat your own produce! We have grown fruit, beans, carrots and potatoes and kept hens for eggs many years ago when we lived in Somerset!

Joan thank goodness that your YD is ok what a sickening worry for you!😳 Enjoy your weekend in Newcastle.

Lovewine hopefully you will get some dry patches and be able to walk with the dogs enjoy the break! 

I am glad that you managed to follow our travels on Facebook it was certainly an experience! We are both quite tired now and we have to fly to Cyprus tomorrow! 😬

This is the last time I shall do a lengthy spell there I have a one way ticket to return on Nov 15th! DH will return on Dec 1st he will return for 2 weeks in Jan and then we will be heading off into Spain and Portugal for 6 weeks over the winter in the motorhome! From April DH will be able to spend more time in the UK so we won’t have the crazy turn arounds we have recently experienced!

We are coming out of our rental in Cyprus early Nov and DH will stay in a studio attached to the school whilst he is visiting Cyprus. He is still tied in to the school for a further 2 years for a certain number of days but we will always retain an interest as Founders as we have kept some of our shares! All rather complicated and our gradual exit strategy has not been easy! But at last we have a plan!

Cassie hope that all is well with you?

Community Champion

Good evening ladies , Joan what a worry regarding your daughter , so glad everything turned out to be ok. Go and enjoy your trip to Newcastle now !

we are off to Robinhoods bay in North Yorkshire on Friday for a few days - the weather looks awful , not great as we are taking the dogs and wanted to do lots of walking !!

Rosie you have had a wonderful 3 weeks , I have really enjoyed following your travels and looking at your photos !

Wildpurl you certainly have a good supply of winter veg !

Cassie hope all is well with you .

I’ve had rather a worrying week since coming back from holiday though fortunately all well in the end. YD was referred to the Breast Care Clinic for investigation of worrying symptoms- change in the size and shape of one breast. You can imagine what I was fearing. I went with her on Monday. She had a mammogram and ultrasound which didnt show anything untoward and the conclusion seems to be that it is probably hormonal. So big relief for her and us. We had arranged to go up to Newcastle for a flying visit this weekend- a school reunion and catching up with my brother and family- so can now go, and without that anxiety hanging over us.

Rosie, that was quite a trek for you, but good to see the family. Wildpurl, you certainly have a good store of veggies for the winter. 

I agree with you Rosie, about the suggested meet up with the July 14 group, even though it may seem a bit mean. 

Lovewine and Cassie, hope all well with you.

Community Champion

Ladies I have had a personal message from a member of the July 14 group to a meet up. They have met once in 5 years! I think our group of 5 is very close and wouldn’t wish to broaden it at this stage. We have bonded so closely and feel we offer each other all the support we need!

Your rally seems to have been really lovely, Rosie and how nice to have a barbecue with your ES and family!

it is wet and windy here, the grass is turning green again. We have five huge cauliflowers in the fridge and a lot of courgettes! We will still have plenty of vegetables over the winter though as we have carrot, beetroot, swede, leeks, squash, kohlrabi and chard.

Community Champion

A quick hello Ladies as we get 30mins a day free WiFi here. We are now coming to the end of our Rally we are back in Belgium!

We took a detour yesterday to visit our ES and family and met in a forest just outside Nancy! It was further than we thought as there were 2 Places called Bure one in France and one here in Belgium! When I checked the route on my phone it looked as if we skirted Nancy! Fortunately we made the discovery the night before when setting up the sat nav! But we were committed to going as we had arranged to have a bbq! It was lovely seeing them even though it was for 3 hours! But we travelled for 7 hrs in total yesterday! 😳😬😴

Joan glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday the Turkish passport check sounded a bit OTT! 😳 Lovely picture!

Lovewine lovely pic of you ringing the bell! I know how you felt when it is all over though! Thankful but a bit apprehensive also!

How is your neighbour?

Wildpurl I expect that you are busy collecting the last of your produce from the garden before autumn really hits?

Cassie how is your dog walking friend getting on? Hopefully she is getting around easier not having to take pain killers and sleeping better! 

All for now ladies!

Congratulations Lovewine, and what a nice idea to have the bell to ring. That’s a lovely photo!

joan, that is also a lovely photo, what beautiful coloured lights on the water.

4F8155FA-44B0-42E4-88BA-6B3F6278AA3F.jpegHaghia Sophia at night

What a lovely idea, Lovewine, and great photo. 

Nice photo lovewine, I don't think my hospital has a bell, I certainly have never been asked to ring it. I was discharged back in April but still have check ups with the surgery team because I am part of a trial. It looks like autumn is here just got soaked although weather people did not predict rain this afternoon.

Have a good weekend ladies

Community Champion

6FFE67DD-5D4A-4283-8FA5-40B48D593E74.jpegRinging the bell !

Community Champion

Good evening ladies , Joan I remember now your Istanbul trip on the train - sounds lovely , my YS visited Istanbul a couple of years ago and really loved it , I have never been but plan to at some point !

Rosie I have been watching your journey around Germany and your lovely photos on FB , looks great 😊

Wildpurl, glad you enjoyed the Peak District - not too far from me ! 

Yesterday I had my yearly oncology appointment and I was discharged , pending s clear mammogram next month , I was very relieved and I was told to ring the bell to signify the end of treatment / appointments ! Everyone clapped and cheered  which was lovely - feel a bit unsettled today though for some reason !

just been on our Wednesday dog walk .. not many left now before the winter 😢.

We are off to Robinhoods bay in North Yorkshire at the end of next week so I am looking forward to that !

Got back in the small hours this morning from our trip to Istanbul by train. Havent been able to access the board v easily so very surprised to find such few postings. I guess with 3 of us on holiday  thats inevitable. Havent been able to access Facebook either so not seen your recent photos Rosie. 

Istanbul was stupendous, as I hope at least of my nearly 2000 photos will show! Would go again like a shot. And it was good to see a bit of Budapest and Bucharest en route. The three nights on the train were an experience, at the end if which we had certainly bonded as a group.  Could have done without being woken up at 3am by Turkish border police and taken off the train, through a bleak concrete underpass to stand in line to have our passports checked though. 

Community Champion

Good Evening ladies!

Lovewine glad you have enjoyed some late summer weather! Wildpurl great you experienced some good walking weather in the Peak District!

We have enjoyed two days of very good temperatures blue skies and decent temperatures! We have one more day here and then we are off to the next site! We still have 10 more days of the Rally so are just over halfway! 

We have free WiFi here! 👍😃 

Morning everyone, 

i have been on holiday in the Peak District for the last week, where we had the most glorious weather and were able to go out walking every day. We had to rush out and water everything in the garden when we got back, though! Luckily it is forecast to become more unsettled and cooler over the next week or so.

The pond is basically finished now but only has two aquatic plants and no planting around it yet, I intend to get started on that now we are back.

i have Monday and Tuesday off and have some decorating to get started on.

hope everyone enjoyed the good weather and is having good holidays

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie I have been looking at your photos on FB and looks like you are having a lovely trip , must be quite tiring though 🤔, but a great way of seeing different places ! Hope the weather stays good for you .

We have had glorious weather here all week , Saturday particularly was spectacular , not so good from today I believe . 

Joan I think you are on holiday 🤔 I hope you are having a good time and relaxing too as well as sightseeing - is it Italy you were going ?

Cassie , awful about the knife crime , we get it in our city but not as close as you do , awful for GS as you say . Hope you are not too busy and can find some time to yourself . 

Wildpurl , expect you are busy in your garden at the moment , are you enjoying your pond especially in the nice weather - expect you have put plants in it now ?

Not much planned today other than a walk this morning and a trip to supermarket🙄

Have a good day ladies !

Community Champion

Joan you have found me also! 😀

Community Champion

Good Evening ladies!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Cassie! Sorry to hear there are so many stabbing still and especially so near where GS has to walk to school! 😬

Joan I think you have now gone on your holiday do hope all is well!

Lovewine and Wildpurl glad you have found me on Facebook!😃

We are now in Germany for the next 11 days! There are 31 units so it’s quite a social gathering although you can do your own thing if required! Some days there are organised coach trips as you are rather restricted with a motorhome to move off site! We have a rest day tomorrow and then a trip to Hannover on Thursday! The journey today took just over 5 hrs with stops!😔😴 It was very windy when we first arrived but is much calmer this evening with a lovely sunset over the lake! 😀

Hello Ladies,

Happy belated birthday wishes Rosie. I hope the new site is all up and running now with no hitches. Sorry I don't do any social media apart from this one and I hardly have time to post these days. I saw the Downton Abbey film at the weekend which was lovely if you are a fan. There have been too many stabbings in London in recent weeks another one was almost on GS schools doorstep, he could not avoid the tents and road blocks, it is so shocking and distressing for all concerned.

I've found you now Smiley Happy

Lovely photos from Brugge, which is such a lovely city.

Have a good trip rosie! And belated happy birthday. I have searched what I thought was your name on FB but could not find you. 

Community Champion

Thanks Joan and Lovewine for birthday messages! 😃

Joan have a wonderful time! 

Packing the motorhome isn’t as bad as packing  a case! 

Community Champion

Rosie Happy Birthday 🎉💐! Love your photos of Bruges , especially you in the chocolate shop ! 😊

Happy birthday Rosie. I dont know how you manage with all the travel. I guess youve got the packing down to a fine art. Honestly, the amount of preparation we’re doing for our Istanbul trip, we could probably advise on a no deal brexit! 

Community Champion

Hi Ladies I was wondering where you all were! 

We are back in Worcester briefly! We had a manic journey back on Friday with only 2 minutes to get our train to Reading. We should have had plenty of time, 1.15 hrs. We arrived 20 mins late then sat on runway due to a plane being on our stand! We didn’t stop for our usual pasty at Gatwick station we rushed for train! If we had missed it we would have waited another hour it was already 11.00 when we got back!😳

Joan sorry to hear that OH has had another bout of vertigo do hope he is now fully recovered.

How annoying that you had a fruitless visit to Newport!😡

Lovewine I am glad to hear that you have managed to enjoy your swinging chair today and hopefully you will get a few further days before Autumn truly sets in! 

We are off on our travels again tomorrow off to Folkestone to cross early on Tuesday heading for Belgium! Look out for the photos on Facebook! 

Wildpurl and Cassie hope all is well with you two?

Community Champion

Good evening ladies , it certainly is quiet on here at the moment , I find the new layout very annoying as I either seem to lose my whole post or can’t find the right place to reply 😡, 

Joan how annoying about the fruitless visit to view a car , one of my dog walking friends bought a new car in the week ( with the help from her father !) she took me out for a ride in it and it’s very nice - Honda CV , but the customer service was appalling , no hand shake , she had to ask for a cup of coffee and the sales person knew nothing about the car she had just spent £9,000 on !!

i agree with the political debacle , don’t know what’s going to happen , a real shambles .

a beautiful day here today , we had a lovely walk this morning and this afternoon I spent reading in my swinging chair in the garden - don’t think there will be many more days left doing that !

Hope everyone is ok , Rosie have a great trip and look forward to seeing your photos 🙄!

Goodness, where is everybody? Hope you are all OK. Thanks for the PM, Rosie, now been on facebook and seen your photos, which were lovely- and all the right way up. Hope this week has been quieter at school, and the heat less oppressive. 

Nothing much happened this week on the personal front-unlike the political scene which gets madder by the day. GD’s first week at new school seems to have gone well and GS managed to get himself home on the school bus without his sister to prompt him. We had a fairly fruitless trip to Newport this morning - we were going to look at a particular model of car OH is planning to buy, but although their web site said it was there, it wasnt and the salesman said they had not had it! He wasnt particularly interested anyway, esp when we said we wanted to buy second hand. Wont be going there again. We had planned to combine the trip with taking the GC to a nearby castle and a roman camp on Tuesday but OH was unfortunately struck down with vertigo and was in bed all day so I had to find things for them to do. The house looked like we’d had very messy burglars! 

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Joan I have sent you a Private message to tell you how to add me as a friend on Facebook!

Lovewine so glad that your dad enjoyed his tea, walk and visit to ES and DIL’s! 

I have just come form school as they have staff training today and it is manic! The secondary staff can’t go to the new site as it is manic there with workforce trying to finish off! To top it all the Municipality have stopped work on the access road to the car park saying there is a problem!🙀😬😳 Goodness only knows how this will get resolved with only 1 day before opening!

I have come home! DH is putting furniture together at the new site and I have just had coffee with the librarian at the Hotel opposite school where they are filming the Hungarian version of Love Island! It is full of film crew!

Personally I have never watched Love Island but understand it’s about scantily clad couples who try to get off with each other!😳

Two of our staff did see such a lady being filmed getting out of a car last week!🙀

Another month another week! It will soon be another year! Frightening how time passes so quickly!

Joan good for you taking part in the protest am impressed by your protest history Cassie! 😊

I am more of a sign a petition lady! 🤣

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan i googled Bristol demos and saw what you were joining in, totally agree with you, i also voted to remain, but think the latest move is not right at all , good for you. 

Cassie, the children here returned to school last week, hope GS settles in well , it is a strain buying everything they need and the uniform etc, hope ED settles back into a routine, not easy for her i am sure.

Dad enjoyed his lunch yesterday , nice for him to get taken out. 

We did a nice walk through woodland this morning and then called in for coffee at ES and DILs .

Rosie, hope you are not too hot in the high temperatures 😅, Expect you are looking forward to doing your next trip, look forward to seeing your photos😊.

Joan, i am not at all familiar with facebook, i just typed in Rosies name which was already recognized from my phone contacts and i was then added as a friend , allowing access to the photos etc.

Wildpurl, hope you are enjoying your pond and filling it with plants now. 

I cant believe its the 1st of September today😏

I hope this week is less stressful for you Cassie. Its fortunate you are able to help out with the cost of GS school uniform but its awful that you have to-are there any grants ED could apply for? I know there used to-be but from an article in todays Observer I see that these are now rare. What about parents who dont have relatives who can help out. I’m that they had a good break away, though as you say, coming back is not so good for your daughter. 

Rosie, how do I find you on Facebook? Are you finding it more difficult to cope with the summer heat in Cyprus now you arent there so much?

Lovewine, hope the tea went well.

Good afternoon ladies. Didn’t mean to be mysterious about the demo, it was one of many across the country protesting against the proroguing of parliament. I admit to having voted to remain but I think whatever ones position this is a step too far. It was an amazing- though exhausting experience. I did  wonder whether it would be a damp squib because it was somewhat underorganised and when we arrived a bit early at the site there were only about 50 people there. Then they started to flood in and they reckon there were eventually about 5000 marching (slowly fortunately) through the centre of Bristol for about 90 minutes. All very calm, no-one arrested Lovewine, very few heckles and a lot of support from onlookers. Didnt  stay for the speeches though, since they hadnt organised a sound system so we couldn't hear so fell into the cafe at the nearby library and had, eventually, a delicious freshly made sandwich -stilton, walnut, pear and apricot chutney. So all in all a good day. 

Very impressed with your record Cassie.  

Going to post this now since find it difficult to respond to posts without losing what Ive said. 

Good afternoon ladies,

It has been quite a strain catching up with the backlog of work, hopefully net week will be less busy and stressful. GS goes back to school next week and is looking forward to it, I have been helping his mum out with his school uniform he has grown so much everything except is blazer needed to be replaced. ED, GS, BF and his son have just returned from a Mon-Fri break in Camber sands which they all enjoyed ED feels hemmed in already in her flat in London its hard but not much I can do to help.

Joan what was the demo for ? I am intrigued now, I have attended a few myself, for affordable housing, to prevent local A&E closures and also in my teenage years to try to prevent my secondary school from being closed down, that one did not help it is now a block of flats. I still have the newspaper clipping somewhere with myself the head teacher and some other girls chanting and demonstrating at the old GLC building by the Thames.

Sorry that the website is not loading your photos Rosie it is a pain, I also have to find the correct page every time I log in, its fine on my phone it opens at the most recent posts but not on my PC it opens 20/03/19 every time for some reason, its very annoying.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

Joan I am too intrigued by your demo! 🤔

Glad you are making the most of your London visit.

My YGD who is 10 is also part of a three tier system and started middle school last September! She found it difficult at first but has now adjusted well! At least it will not be such a jump when they go to High School!

Middle GD found starting secondary last September, at just 11 by 2 weeks, difficult! 😳

Lovewine glad you found me on Facebook! Did you see the French photos also? There were a few of Monet’s House and Garden! I didn’t put many up in Wales as I didn’t always have my phone with me as all the family were together!☺️ Not sure if I put any up of the Ty Coch Inn? But we went there again and the prawn sandwich was just as good as 2 years ago!😜

DH and I are struggling in the heat the temperatures should drop a little mid September so when we come back on October 4th it will be much more pleasant! 

I am sure that your dad will enjoy his birthday treat at the Garden Centre! We don’t need garden centres anymore but occasionally use one for lunch as the food is both well priced and good quality!

Enjoy the weekend ladies! 

Community Champion

Morning ladies , seem to be waking up early 🙄! 

Joan I am intrigued at your demo , hope you don’t get arrested !! Looks like you have a busy September . Enjoy it 😊. Not long until your holiday .

Rosie I found you on Facebook and loved your photos , what beautiful scenery on the west coast of Ireland . I expect you are finding the very hot temperatures of Cyprus very difficult after being away in more cooler weather !

I am taking my dad for lunch today for his birthday treat , taking him to the local garden centre which has a very nice cafe and shops which he can walk gently around , my mum and sister are also joining us .😊

Cassie and Wildpurl hope you are both ok .

Have a nice weekend ladies .

Hi Rosie, the holiday proper starts on 16th September but we are in London for the weekend before. Sunday we are going to a friends golden wedding in Milton Keynes and since its a lunch I persuaded OH to go up the day before so we’re meeting ED and partner in London to go to an exhibition. 

A first for us tomorrow, going to a demo in Bristol! More conventional day today, took GC to a National Trust property. Tuesday will be our last full day with them, school starts on Wednesday. GD starting new school -they have a three tier system so she moves up to middle school. 

Community Champion

Good Afternoon ladies from a very hot Cyprus! 🥵

We arrived back late last night!

DH has already changed his shirt once today!😳 At least we don’t have any issues drying clothes here! 🤣

A lot of work has been going on in our absence with the new school site which opens next week for secondary pupils. Our present site at Agios Georgios will house the primary and Early Years.

Lovewine hopefully you managed to access my Facebook and see all my postings from our road trip where the photos were of a far better standard than those I managed to dump on the forum!😳

Wildpurl looking forward to completion of pond project pictures!

Joan when is it exactly you go away?

Cassie is GS looking forward to going back to school?

Community Champion

Joan what excellent news regarding your mammogram and blood test ! Enjoy your holiday plans now 😊

Rosie what lovely photos , you looked like you had a wonderful time !

i am on Facebook but never post anything , I will see if I can be your friend on there 🤔

very hard work today as it’s been so warm , but it’s just started to rain , maybe cool things down slightly .

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Joan what wonderful news that both mammogram and blood test were clear! You must feel so relieved and can now look forward to your forthcoming holiday!

I am afraid that the photos don’t do our holiday any justice I was limited to photos that were a suitable file size to upload! I don’t have any control over which way up they decide to upload and I got very frustrated and cross with the whole procedure! It is so easy to upload pictures to Facebook! 

In fact if any of you have a Facebook account and want to accept me as a friend you will then see much better quality photographs! I uploaded several a day very quickly and with limited data! PM me if you do.

We are now preparing for our trip to Cyprus tomorrow. I am still dealing with washing from our road trip!🙀

At least you will all have a short week ladies!😏

Cassie,hope you had an enjoyable  week in Devon and shared the good weather. Love the photos, Rosie, even the upside-down ones. What a road trip you have had. The tea for DILs birthday looked delicious,Lovewine. You’re making good progress with the pool, Wildpurl, looking forward to seeing the photos when its completed.

I’ve had  a very busy couple of weeks. Had a lovely long Bank Holiday weekend with ED and partner staying - went to the coast yesterday which was good, though busy and hot though managed to hire deckchairs and a beach umbrella. Also met up with YD and family who were camping near Lyme Regis with some friends. Their campsite was so busy that the water ran out! Not good. 

Had some good news at the end of the week, both the mammogram and the blood test for bowel cancer were clear. So will be able to go on holiday. Three weeks today will be setting off on the train to Istanbul. 

Community Champion

7CE3764E-F7CF-414D-9919-CBBACFF8FDCB.jpegA12E0C8B-D8E8-4AA0-8148-243E8D6C0122.jpegA9227E7B-1E18-4C5F-AA80-56B6299960AF.jpeg9901ABB1-7A15-487B-8A5E-B02DFA888D5E.jpegC46E6FED-495C-4684-961E-3987663F5A92.jpeg