Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

11,371 REPLIES 11,371
rosie14

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14

🤗

Lovewine

that’s great thankyou Rosie , looking forward to seeing you all !

rosie14

Booking made! 😀

rosie14

Well that’s 3 of us hopefully Joan and Wildpurl will be able to join us? I will go ahead and book a table for 1pm for 5 people! 

Lovewine

Hi , yes me too !

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies

I am happy to meet on 17th in Oxford if everyone else is

Have a good weekend

rosie14

Congratulations Lovewine lovely news that you are going to be grandparents. What a lovely photograph of the 3 of you! You are looking very well!😀

Cassie lovely news about your ED also I do hope that GS is pleased!

Joan pleased to hear that SIL is going to be kept on a proper contract, I am not sure how feasible it will be for them to go to France anytime soon. They still have a curfew and any travellers arriving have to quarantine! 
Joan in view of what is going on all around I don’t blame you enjoying scallops and chips!

Ladies last year we agreed to keep Sat July 17th free to meet up this year. As this is now fast approaching I do hope that you will feel able to make this date. If we are all up for it we will need to make a booking. Are we happy to meet in Oxford it seems the most accessible for us all? I have travelled on a train to meet my sister and it feels quite safe there are fewer passengers. Regardless of what happens on June 21st I won’t be parting with my mask on public transport though! 

Let me know if you are in and do you want to lunch at the same place? I am happy to book.

joan47

How lovely for ED Cassie, after all those disappointments. And congrats Lovewine on being an expectant grandparent. Great photo. And good news about your dad. You have also had good newsRosie about ES FIL. Wildpurl, I hope your workload has now diminished and you are going to be able to wind down into  retirement. Hopefully you have been able to get all your plants in now that the weather has improved. 
Apologies for not posting for a good while, although I have read your messages. I have had a load of work on, partly catching up with stuff I couldnt get on with while SIL was in Italy. He came back in early May but has to go back again next week, so we will be more involved again. The good news is that he is being kept on by the firm, this time on a proper employee contract rather than the zero hours one he was on before. The annoying thing is that he has discovered that after his second trip to Italy he will have used up most of the 90 days he is allowed to be abroad so they wont be able to have their holiday in France, which will put them substantially out of pocket. That seems very strange so I’m hoping there is a way round it. 
We are both well but continuing to be cautious. Haven’t ventured into indoor public venues yet, first one will be a lunch with a couple of friends later this month. There are a couple of plays and films I would love to see though. Compensating for our missing theatre trips by watching rehearsals on line at the RSC, which are fascinating. I hope they continue those once things return to normal. 
My goddaughter is almost at the end of her chemo, and feeling better in herself. Her doctors are being non committal about the prognosis though snd it is unclear what further treatment she will have. I was also shocked to hear that a friend I met when we were both having breast cancer treatment has had a serious recurrence. She decided to have a double mastectomy without reconstruction which I thought was very brave and is now deciding whether to have chemo as the oncologist has recommended. We had a long conversation earlier this week and I think she has decided to go ahead but it is made more difficult because she lives alone and her only daughter lives abroad. Altogether at the moment a lot of people among our friends and family seem to have serious illnesses. On a lighter note we had a lovely day at Lyme Regis with the grandchildren and YD on Monday and enjoyed some lovely, if expensive scallops and chips. Must go now, more open rehearsal about to start.

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies,

Lovely photo lovewine and congratulations regarding being a grandparent, ED  is also expecting she has just reached 12 weeks so due mid Dec, quite a shock after all these years GS being 14 now ! Bless I don't think she thought it would ever happen after 3 ectopic pregnancies.

I have had a short break in Canterbury for a few days it was very nice lovely apartment, near to all amenities. Keep well all ladies

Lovewine

9BAC1DBB-9FF1-4224-975C-F9188240ACC9.jpeg

 mum and DIL!

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , I can’t believe we are now in to June and at least the weather is much better . 
Rosie I hope you are enjoying your new home and the extra space and garden ! 
I do hope your ES and family will be able to make it over to Wales with you all in August, the uncertainty of everything at the moment is very stressful with planning trips or events ☹️.

My mum had her 80th birthday last weekend and we had a tea party in my sisters garden for her , the weather was fantastic which certainly helped as we could eat and stay outside .

We have also just found out that we are to be grandparents !! ES and DIL are expecting a baby in late December , very early days but I am so excited - only us and DILs parents and siblings know at the moment , very hard not to tell my mum and dad as they will be delighted but I can’t yet !! 👵🏻☺️

I hope you are all ok , lovely to hear from you Wildpurl and great you are retiring , you certainly will be busy with your garden and all your crafting projects !

Joan I have been watching the drama on t.v “ before we die “ filmed around Bristol and think of you - it’s such a lovely area .

Cassie I hope you are not working quite so hard at the moment , hopefully you have some holiday plans in place !

Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend weather while it lasts !😎

rosie14

Ok I will have another go as DH has given up on the garden due to the weather and come in to watch the football!

Joan hopefully by now YD’s husband is back from Italy allowing you more free time? I had to smile at the thought of deer eating your tulips but I am sure that you and OH certainly didn’t smile! Who won the deer or you?🤔

Lovewine glad to hear that your dad’s head is healing well and that the skin graft has taken! My dad would have been 100 today! Can’t believe it’s been 7 years in December that he died.

I am glad that you were able to point another poor soul in the direction of the forum! 
I hope you are not getting too wet on you dog walks at least you will be able to nip inside for a drink next week! 

Wildpurl it was good to hear from you. I am sure that you will fill your time very satisfactorily when you retire with all your hobbies and activities!

Cassie hope all is well with you and the family?

ES’s FIL in France is now out of the coma and has been transferred to a rehabilitation hospital to help him to eat and walk again. It’s going to be a long haul before he gets home as they live in a 3 floor apartment with no lift! 🤦🏻‍♀️🥴

We are due to go on our two yearly family holiday to Wales in early August. I am fearful that ES and family won’t get here from France without incurring very heavy costs for testing which they can’t afford! They have just taken on their first mortgage! We have to pay the balance next month. I did contact the owner to see if we could defer it until next summer but she is fully booked already! 🙀 I shall be gutted if we have to go without the 3 of them!😢

Lets hope the weather settles soon! 🥴

rosie14

I have just written a lengthy post and it has vanished! 
I am too cross to redo at the moment will do in the coming days! 😡😡😡😡

Wildpurl

Hi all, I am fine, thanks for your good wishes. I have been very busy at work and then of course the gardening season has started which takes a lot of my time. The colder than usual weather in April meant that I have tender plants grown from seed queued up in the greenhouse and cold frame and being fleeced every night, as it has been too cold to put them out. I am hopeful that the weather is now going to warm up a bit and that it will be possible to continue with normal gardening.

I have given my notice at work by reason of retirement, I will be retiring on 30th September this year and will be reducing my hours from July. In the meantime I am using up holiday by taking a week off at each bank holiday, so am effectively already working less, and the workload has been increasing. I have now agreed with my manager which things I will continue to work on, which should help, as the last two months have been frantic.

It is good that the gyms have started to open again, and I am able to swim again, and yesterday I did an outdoor yoga class, which was rather enjoyable. We are hoping to have DS and his fiancée to stay in June and have recently been able to walk with OH's youngest as the rules have relaxed. We have really got back into walking and have walked over 230 miles since January.

I am glad your move went well, rosie, and that the new house is better for you both. I hope your business starts to pick up, Lovewine, as people go back to the office for at least some of their time.

Lovewine

Good evening ladies and hope you are all well and enjoying our taste of more freedom finally . 
our Wednesday evening dog walks have resumed and we have also partaken in a glass of wine in the village pub garden at the end of it 🍷although it has been very chilly !

Dads surgery on his head seems to be healing well and the skin graft has taken well thank goodness . 
A friend of mine from the village contacted me over the weekend to ask for my advice as she’s just been diagnosed with breast cancer - picked up on the 3 year screening programme ( can’t remember if I posted to say thankfully my results were clear ), I pointed her in this forums direction and advised her to join a monthly chemo thread for support which we found so invaluable . 
Rosie I hope you enjoyed your trip to Plymouth and also getting things sorted out in your new house ! 
Joan I hope you are keeping well and also enjoying some more outdoor time ? Also how is your god daughter ? Our friend is still waiting for his surgery date to remove the cancer on his adrenal gland - it’s very aggressive so time is very important and we are hoping it will be very soon to give him more time .

Cassie hope you are ok and managing some time to yourself after being so busy - hope your girls and GS are well .

Wildpurl hope you are well .

Hopefully by the weekend the weather is warming up according to the forecast 😎!! 

joan47

What a lovely photo Lovewine, it must have been a wonderful surprise for your parents to get the card from the Queen. I hope your dad has made a good recovery from the op on his head and that he isnt too sore from having the skin graft. I hope your friend is able to have treatment to give him more time. 
Rosie, it sounds like the move went well and you are pleased with how it has worked out, despite missing your proximity to the river. I shall miss your photos of life on the riverbank but it looks like you have found an alternative source of wildlife. Did being so close to Waitrose put the price up? What a worry for DIL in France. I hope the news is better now. And such a shame you will not be able to go there as you had planned. But hopefully you got your trip to Plymouth. Your decision to buy the motorhome was  very prescient. 
Cassie, I hope ED is feeling better and that the surplus washing machine issue is sorted. Great that GS is getting himself to school now, that sounds a very promising step forward and as you say will free up your daughter to think about doing something for herself. 
I am impressed that both you and !ovewine have had mammograms this year-and that the results were good of course. Our area seems to stop at 5 years which I find rather worrying. And the checks for my bowel cancer, apart from 6 monthly blood tests have stopped too. 
School hols now over thank goodness, so life not quite so hectic now. YDs husband is still in Italy and will be there for the next three weeks so we have spent quite a bit of time wIth her and the children. Fortunately the weather has been fine, we spent yesterday afternoon on a beach! Haven’t yet taken advantage of meeting friends in the garden but hopefully will do before long. I’m still very busy with work so not much time for anything else, apart from trying to keep the deer off our tulips!  Currently covering them with sheets overnight, which looks very strange. 
Hope you are all keeping 
well.

rosie14

Lovewine Congratulations to your parents, how lovely to get the card from the Queen!☺️
🥂💐

Lovewine

D30A4833-7C4D-4F75-B9A7-6606ED51077C.jpeg

 mum and dads Diamond wedding ! 

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , how quickly the weeks are going 😲!

Rosie how lovely to be in your new home and settled , much better for DH to be having projects on the go I’m sure !! It sounds a great location and the best of both worlds having the city fairly accessible but having more open countryside close too . Enjoy your trip to Plymouth , it will be lovely to catch up with the family again , although a shame the trip to see ES and DIL and their new home will be delayed . How awful for DILs family having her father so poorly .

Joan I hope all is ok with you and your family , with the reopening of more things it does broaden the options somewhat ! Even going for a cup of coffee will be so nice let alone the hairdressers , I am having my hair cut on Tuesday and can’t wait - I have been hacking at mine for the last 4 months and it’s at least an inch longer on one side than the other !! 
Cassie I expect work is still really busy with you at the moment . I hope your ED is doing ok  and I expect your YD is desperate to resume her travelling ?! 
I only had to wait 1 week this  time for my mammogram results and thankfully all was clear . 
I continue to be very busy with my parents and elderly aunt which is almost becoming my second job ! My mum and dad celebrated their 60 year wedding anniversary last week and had some lovely cards and gifts , I organised a card from Buckingham palace signed by the Queen which they were thrilled with . Dad is at the hospital tomorrow to see the dermatology surgeon to remove a large growth on top of his head which they think is a-skin cancer but because they won’t have enough skin around the area to close the wound he will have a skin graft taken from his shoulder 😬.

I think we are going to venture over the border into Northamptonshire this morning for a woodland walk with the dogs - I don’t know how I can cope with the excitement !! 
Take care ladies and I hope Wildpurl all is ok with you . 

rosie14

Good Afternoon ladies I do hope this finds you all well!

It is a little while since I posted due to our move! 
Joan I hope that your YD continues to get stronger by now her husband will have returned from Italy. I am very sorry to hear about your Goddaughter and that the prognosis is not good and hope that her treatment will at least give the family some quality extended  time. As you say how lucky we were!

Lovewine it is good to hear that your friend has defied the 18 month prognosis and do hope that that he can have surgery on the latest tumour to enable him to have more time.

I had to smile at your understanding of your dog walker friend filing for divorce and putting the house on the market! 😄

Cassie it sound like your poor ED has endured some very unfortunate issues I do hope that she now only has one washing machine! 
Glad to hear that was all good with your recent mammogram. 

We have been in our house for 2 weeks now and DH is so much happier! We have an integral garage with a door from the hallway so all all our storage from the container is now in our garage so he has his bike, tools etc all to hand! 

We love the house and it is only 10 mins walk from Waitrose. There is also a Country Park within walking distance! I was sad to be leaving the river, canal and easy walking distance of the city. But I realise that we are much more sensibly placed!

I can get on a bus down to the city- I haven’t driven in the UK for over 10 years and won’t be starting now! I get my bus pass in September and can’t wait! 😂

I have found ducks and swans on a lake at County hall and a swans nest with 5 eggs! So I am very happy. Our house is new but we are very fortunate to back onto established housing with long gardens and poplars at the back! I was so excited to see birds other than gulls who are a real problem around the city and where we lived in the apartment! It’s great not to be woken up by gulls from 4am!

DH is very handy luckily, although a perfectionist  and uses a spirit level for every fixing! It’s very hard being the labourer for him, lots of standing around. I got very tired but at least after the first week we were more or less straight! 
We had an emergency phone call from DD the other night they had water pouring in through their downstairs cloaks ceiling which caused the downstairs to become flooded and has caused damage to flooring, doors etc!😒 The emergency plumber and electrician were sent to them. Once they had located the stop tap and isolated the electric they calmed down a bit! They had contacted the out of hours number before ringing DH. He managed to get them to locate the stop tap, which was in the utility and not the kitchen and got them to turn the consumer unit off! The builder was round early the next morning and have set them up with a huge dehumidifier! It was the plumbers fault the cross joint wasn’t fixed properly! 😡 At least the builder will have to put things right and they won’t have to claim on the insurance.

ES’s wife’s family in France  have all had COVID and unfortunately his FIL remains in an induced coma in hospital! 😔 It is very touch and go! ES and DIL completed on a house yesterday that needs a bit of work and we were hoping to get there next month to help out a bit. This is clearly not going to happen any time soon! 😢 France, as the rest of Europe, is just not up to speed on the vaccination programme and neither of his in-laws had been vaccinated, both early 60’s! 

We are taking the motorhome to Plymouth next weekend to visit YS and family so are looking forward to that! Then we are staying at a site at Bourton on the water en route back to meet up with our motorhome friends from the Isle of Wight. DH has gone to take it out on the road from its storage and fill with petrol. He said it started first time. It’s been standing since Christmas! 

Ladies I think we will all be glad next week when we move into the next phase of the entry out of lockdown. I am meeting my sister in Hereford for coffee so do hope that the weather will be kind to us! 

Wildpurl seems to have slipped off the radar do hope all is well with her!🤔

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies, So sorry to hear of all of the health problems it has been such a worrying time for so many I am not at all surprised. ED seems to be on the up but her general health is not too good at the moment in fact she felt so unwell she missed a call from the GP so will have to re-organise. She seems to be going through lots of niggly things her TV was playing up the volume kept dropping so she ordered a new one which was worse no volume at all at times so that went back. Her Washing machine is on its last legs making a horrendous banging noise by all accounts so she ordered a new one when it came they would not install it and take the old one away as arranged due to a faulty tap? So she ended up with two unusable machines in her small flat. The landladies handyman is going to come to her rescue! GS is back at school now he went back on the 12th, he is doing most of the school run on his own now if her continues with his independence I think it will be very good for ED, she may even be able to restart a course or a part time job which would be really good for her too, something for herself.

All good with the mammogram and call back, so that's another thing ticked off. I cannot wait for things to re-open and to get back to some sort of normality YB had his 2nd jab yesterday, ED had her 1st a few weeks go as she is a carer. So we are getting there YD is waiting for the day to have hers and cannot wait to travel again ! Busy as ever at work and really bored with it all now, fingers crossed ladies XX

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , I also can’t believe it’s 4 weeks since I posted , considering we aren’t doing very much the time is going very quickly !

Joan I am so sorry to hear about your god daughter , what a dreadful time for your poor friends too , let’s hope the treatment will help and at least keep her stable for as long as possible . Our very good friend with the cancer has defied the 18 month prognosis by 6 months and the chest tumours have shrunk but a recent scan showed a new much larger one on his adrenal gland so tomorrow he sees oncology for a date for surgery .

I had my mammogram yesterday too , am feeling very anxious waiting for the results . Cassie I hope all was well with yours and your phone consultation ?

Rosie I expect you are really looking forward to your house move ! Not long also for your first trip to Plymouth , you must be desperate to get out and about again . It’s been a long winter !
Both myself and OH have had our jabs now too , also most of my friends and sister too , they seem to be really rattling through the population now .. my in laws in Canada who are both 80 haven’t even had their first one yet .

Cassie I hope your ED is doing a lot better now and how is GS now he’s back at school ? I know so many people who are now suffering anxiety because of this past year , one of my dog walking friends is a district nurse and very competent and “ seen it all “ in her words , she suffered a panic attack after administering insulin to a patient , she worried she had given the wrong dose which of course she hadn’t but she’s on sick leave with anxiety and depression , another of my dog walkers has filed for divorce and put her house on the market ! ( now that I can understand at times !!).

Take care ladies and hopefully see you all in July 🤗!

joan47

I can’t believe that it is 6 weeks since I last posted, where does the time go. Rosie, I hope by now the purchase of your new house has gone through. Not long now till your trip to Plymouth and things are looking fairly hopeful for your family holiday in Wales though perhaps not so much for your trip to France. We have booked a family holiday in Cornwall for the end of July so fingers crossed. 
Cassie, I hope all was well with your mammogram. I don’t suppose the work pressures are any easier. I am sorry to hear that your ED has been struggling with her mental health. As you say, the pandemic and all the restrictions have affected so many people psychologically. My YD seems to be a lot better but is still fairly fragile. Her husband is away in Italy for work for 2 months so we are forming a bubble with her so we can help out. 
Lovewine, I hope you have had your jab now and that your early morning dog walks are getting more enjoyable with the lighter mornings and better weather. We continue to do our morning walks along Clevedon seafront, treating ourselves to a takeaway coffee at the end. Simple pleasures. ED is now fine, thank you for asking. 
Not much happening here, for which I am thankful, because several of our friends are struggling with illness, not Covid, of a family member. Very sadly my goddaughter has had her breast cancer return for a second time and the prognosis is not good, although she is having treatment which we hope will help. She is only 48, with two school aged children. Her poor parents, our close friends, are absolutely devastated. Makes me realise just how lucky we all were. Hoping we will be able to meet up to celebrate in July. 

rosie14

Good Morning ladies!

Another week draws to a close on the cusp of getting back to some normality with school returning. Let’s hope that the infection rate won’t increase.🙄

Cassie it was good to hear from you- hopefully grandson will be looking forward to returning to school tomorrow and your ED will feel a bit better.

Hope your telephone consultation with the consultant goes well on Wednesday.

Lovewine our house will only be just over a mile away from where we are now. It’s further away from the river and city but served by a very frequent bus service to the city. As I get my bus pass In September I will certainly be taking advantage of it! The house is a brand new one and is ready we are just awaiting contract exchange which hopefully will happen early next week! We did a part exchange and expected it to fly through without a hitch! No that didn’t happen!🥴 The builder had a buyer for our apartment but wants to do a simultaneous completion as they don’t want it left in their stock. As the apartment is leasehold and communal it has a number of extra issues to deal with! 🤦🏻‍♀️
We are planning to take the motorhome down to Plymouth for the weekend after 12th April. In early June we hope to be able to make the trip to France to see ES and family! By then we will have had the second vaccine and hopefully foreign travel will be permitted! 
I can’t do my river walks at the weekend as it is not safe to do so! There are too many people about that don’t social distance, runners, cyclists and people that don’t have any awareness that we are still in a pandemic! Fortunately we can go to NT properties to the grounds and gardens to walk and this is a much safer option. We have two very close to us, Croome Court and Hanbury but I missed out on the booking for this weekend they are full so we are travelling a little further afield to the border of Hereford and Worcestershire, Brockhampton. If we get challenged for travelling I have the evidence! 
Lockdown has had its effect on MIL and she is not coping well -from shutting her curtains, she starts having panic attacks. DH took her to stay with his sister in Northampton for a week whilst she was on half term and she said it was like having a new born overnight! She will be 95 next month, BIL lives about a mile away so keeps an eye on her. It is a 45 min trip for DH to get to her. She does have a communication chord to pull in her bungalow but won’t pull it and rings her ED at 3 am quite regularly! Apart from obvious physical ageing she can still look after herself. I haven’t seen her since before Christmas. 
Lovewine it is certainly a relief to see the signs of Spring and to have the longer days! 
Onward and upwards ladies!🌼🌸🎍

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , lovely to hear from you .. Nothing much going on here either which is good in one way with no dramas but really hard as everyone else knows with the lockdown again . Rosie I have thought about you and DH and how hard particularly DH would be finding it - what a relief you have bought a house and will be able to have the family to stay eventually ! Is it in a similar area to your apartment ? 
Joan good news all is good with your latest colonoscopy results - a worry though while you were waiting . How are your DDs and GC coping ? And how is your ED now ?

Cassie sorry to hear your ED is struggling at the moment , there are going to be a tidal wave of various mental health problems I’m sure after this past year , hope all goes well with your mammogram results 🤞
I haven’t as yet had my jab but expect to be called very soon - I certainly haven’t had any info on being any sooner as mum and dads support system , but our local GP surgery is whizzing through the vaccines so I don’t think I will be too long 

Finally too signs of spring 🤗and it’s almost light now on my 6.45 a.m dog walk , it seems like forever I have been walking in the dark and cold !

Wildpurl I hope you and your family are well .

It seems hopeful for our annual meet up ladies 👍it will be so nice to catch up with you all in person !

Take care everyone 

Cassie86

Evening Ladies,

All is well at the moment but ED has been struggling like many others with her MH in the lockdown. Work is still crazy busy with our list size increasing to three times the amount before lockdown which has a massive impact on every aspect of out daily work. We have employed a small group of Oxford university graduates that help with the online aspect of office life and work on the support lines and one of them, bless her has, taken on all of the COVID vaccine appointment calls for the bookings she is a concert violinist. I am not sure in the long term how long they will stay once the lockdown relaxes.

Lovewine I hope you are listed as a carer at your GP's you should have been called in group 6.

I have not much to say to be honest all a bit same and boring but lucky to have a steady income in the current climate. I have had my yearly mammogram and have a telephone consultation on 10th March with the consultant

Best wishes to all x

rosie14

Good Afternoon ladies,

It has been a while since we heard from Cassie and Wildpurl hope they can drop in soon and update us!

Good to hear that your parents are managing Lovewine and that your YD is coping with home schooling Joan, nearly over now the end is insight! 

I expect by now we will have all either received or have an appointment for our first vaccine? DH and I had our first 2 weeks ago. 

Let’s hope that people will stick to the relaxation of the rules sensibly! 🙄

At least it looks like we will be able to meet up this July! 🙂

We are supposed to be having a family holiday in Wales this year in August so we are just hoping that ES and family will be able to get here as it will be unlikely that they will have had their vaccine by then as they are in the 40 and under category and France is miles behind us! DIL is worried that they won’t be allowed over without having it!😬🥴

DH and I are hoping to move into a house at the end of March, lockdown in an apartment has been too much and DH has felt like a caged lion! 🙀We look forward to having extra space to put the family up and a much needed garden! 😅

Hope you are all well! At least the days are getting longer and milder!😏

joan47

Its good that your dad has taken so readily to his tablet, Lovewine, and is getting familiar with the internet. Shame that his foot is still giving him problems though. What made your aunt change her mind about the vaccine? 

I’ve had quite a good week. On Tuesday we changed our broadband provider and after a little difficulty I managed to get. all our various devices connected. On the same day I got my letter about my jab, which is arranged for Thursday. Then on Thursday I got the all-clear from my CT colonoscopy. I can’t remember if I said, but having been initially told that the colonoscopy in November was clear, I got a letter from the surgeon saying he wasn’t happy with the images, so had to have the CT one. Next month I have the usual CT scan of my torso, then apparently that is it, apart from 6 monthly blood tests, until the 5 year point. YD is doing pretty well, and coping with the home schooling though she will be relieved when the schools reopen. 

Apart from work, which hasn’t been too demanding, though I’m expecting that to change soon, I’m keeping occupied with the odd lecture, book groups etc. 

No snow yet down here. Hope none of you other ladies are affected by it.

As ever, stay safe.

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , Rosie I am finding it a long haul too this time ☹️- so much harder in the winter .. my elderly aunt finally decided to have her vaccine so I took her last week ! 
Rosie I saw the floods in your area over the last few days , the rain has been relentless , it certainly doesn’t help the mood .
I continue to plod on with my work , I am very quiet at the moment but that is fairly usual for just after Christmas , covid though has impacted enormously on it too , as it has with everyone !

mum and dad are doing ok , dad still has the district nurse twice a week to dress his foot which still is quite sore despite the vascular surgery , I think it’s going to be a permanent thing sadly . He is more occupied now though as we clubbed together and bought him an Amazon fire tablet for Christmas and he loves it ! He looks at Crewe train station and North  York’s steam trains which he loves abs he’s becoming quite good at surfing the internet 😀!

Hope you are all keeping well , let’s hope better times aren’t too far away as I think the consequences for the past year are enormous with mental health ,children especially - one of my clients is a counsellor for NSPCC and she is seeing a massive increase in referrals for self harm and abuse . 
Keep well ladies .💐

rosie14

Good Afternoon ladies,

What a long haul this is! 😬 Seriously getting fed up now if only we knew when it was going to end. 
Lovewine I am glad that your parents have now had their first vaccine and your husband Joan! MIL has had both of hers. 
I believe we will hear some news today about the reopening of schools. I do hope they can fully reopen again after half term, not solely for the education of the children but their mental well-being! Also for parents that are struggling with home schooling.

DD’s school is about 50% capacity this lock down to the number of vulnerable pupils and those that can’t access online learning.😳

What good news about your ED’s results Joan, such a relief for you all. 

Lovewine I have seen some clumps of snowdrops and the days are remaining lighter for longer! Some positive signs of spring! 😏

joan47

Lovely to hear from you Lovewine. Yes, I am finding this lockdown more difficult. Last year I think we were all probably thinking that awful as it was if we hunkered down for a few weeks that would do largely do it, even if the more vulnerable among us had to remain careful. Now we know that isnt the case, and the battle against the virus is going on and on. Having the vaccine is brilliant of course, and I keep reminding myself of that. Great news that your parents have had it. Shame about your aunt, I gather from what you’ve said in the past that she’s not the easiest of people. My husband, who is 76, had his on Saturday. 

ED had her MRI results back last week and it was all clear, which was a huge relief. She hasnt recovered her memory but otherwise seems back to normal. She is on a phased return to work- which just seems to mean working 7 hours a day, but, as she says, is a lot less than usual. She won’t be back on a ward until the beginning of next month. It is still likely to be pretty hectic, of course, although with any luck, the number of admissions may have peaked. She has also had her first jab. 

Sorry, misjudged the time, must sign off. Hope all well. 

Lovewine

Good morning ladies from a very wet Leicestershire! I hope you are all keeping well and not too fed up , I am ! The weather is relentlessly wet , my dog walks are a nightmare trying to clean them twice a day - long haired too ! The lockdown mark 3 is proving quite difficult too .
I took mum and dad last week for their first vaccine and it was all very efficient , elderly aunt was also offered a slot but declined which I expected , she said she doesn’t need it 😡- I explained she wouldn’t be able to have any of the family visit or go out safely but she said she would leave it for now ! 
Joan how is your ED ? I hope the scan was clear and she is feeling much better - I expect she is very very busy at work now , she must be exhausted .

Rosie how are you coping , I am enjoying your photos as always of the daily activities on the river - it’s a beautiful place you live in . 
Cassie , I hope ED is doing ok after the disappointment at Christmas - you must also be very busy at work too . 
Wildpurl I expect you are continuing to work from home ? Hope all is well with you ?

I have noticed daffodils poking up in the garden so spring is not far away and hopefully with the vaccine ongoing life will start to improve - 🥀, I think it’s going to be a long time for any kind of normality though .

Stay safe ladies 💐

rosie14

Hello Ladies,

What an end to a year with most of us in tier 3 or 4!  Let’s just hope that now the second vaccine will be rolled out from Monday that we can begin to have confidence and return to a more normal life! 🙄

Joan I am glad that you managed to do something festive by having mulled wine and mince pies on the pier! Hopefully your ED’s MRI will come through quickly and provide reassurance. 

Lovewine hope your lunch deliveries went well on Christmas Day and that you parents are keeping well.

Cassie hopefully ED changed her mind about celebrating Christmas! 

Wildpurl hopefully all is well with you?

Ladies we will all be enjoying a quiet New Year hopefully we will be able to raise a glass with each other in July! Here’s to better times in 2021! 🥂

Lovewine

Good evening ladies , oh goodness Joan , i am sure the mri is just to be cautious ,it is a good sign that ED is able to concentrate better and feels an improvement , but of course you will worry until the scan is done , I am sorry you are unable to even visit the GC and YD / SIL , it’s all such a worry now with the new variant , let’s hope the Oxford vaccine is rolled out soon . 
Cassie I hope ED has come round a bit now and is speaking to you ,it’s so difficult on so many levels for people and I think Christmas makes things so much worse too .

Rosie I hope all is well with you . 
Have as good as Christmas as you can this year ladies , it’s certainly a challenging one for us all . 
Stay safe and well and maybe next year we will be able to meet up for our annual lunch ! 

joan47

We are now spending Xmas on our own. There is a bit of an outbreak where YD and family live so we are not even having out tea and mincepies in their garden. We are having a family Zoom in the morning to watch the children open their presents from us and ED, then again in the afternoon to play games. Had a nice, though very chilly, walk this morning along the seafront, taking in mulled wine and mince pies on the pier.

The neurologist ED saw on Tuesday wasn’t as reassuring as we had hoped. Said the extent of her memory loss was indicative of a moderate brain injury and has referred her for an MRI. ED thinks that is just to rule out anything serious, I hope she wasnt just reassuring us. On the plus side she says she feels much better and is more able to concentrate and think. Hopefully after taking it easy over Xmas she will be able to go back to work in January. 

joan47

What a shame that ED is reacted this way, especially after all you have done to support her over the years. I guess when people are under stress anyway it doesn't take much to upset them. I know I had a couple of upsetting exchanges with my YD when she was at her lowest. I hope you manage to have a good Xmas, whether or not she comes round. Good to hear you have had your jab and that the side effects were fairly minor.

rosie14

Cassie I am so sorry that you are having such a torrid time with ED and do hope that she will come round! You are so sensible to try not to take it personally you are such a rock for her and grandson. 
Christmas is such a difficult time for us all this year and we will all be glad when it is over!😢

Stay strong! 💪🏼 X

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies

It is indeed difficult times, ED had taken a downward spiral as we cannot now go to her house for dinner on Christmas day as planned she initially seemed OK on Saturday but now has removed her decorations and says she wants nothing from us ! We planned to swap some festive food and presents and do a zoom Christmas lunch and play an online game together, but she is having none of it and will not answer any calls from me. I hope she will come round it's not personal obviously but it seems she is taking it that way.

I have had my first Covid jab as most frontline staff felt a bit headachy yesterday and tired but OK apart from that. Work remains incredibly busy I am currently working on Sundays to help with social distancing in the workplace, I have drawn the line about working this Sunday though. I shall be trying to battle in the supermarket at some point because I had not planned to be home on Christmas day, I will deliver dinner for my brother on Christmas day too lovewine, it is the best solution.

Stay safe ladies and try to have as nice a Christmas as possible x

Cassie🌲🍾🥂

rosie14

Good Afternoon Ladies,

What difficult times and decisions we are facing! 😬

Lovewine I think that’s a wonderful solution to deliver Christmas dinner to your parents and elderly aunt! I am surprised that they aren’t offering your mum the vaccine the same time as your dad! MIL who is 94, had hers yesterday and has been fine.

Joan I am glad to hear that YD is coping better but sorry to hear about ED’s accident! Were there any witnesses when she fell? Hopefully it will have been just concussion from the accident that caused the memory loss.

Sorry Joan just re read your post and you said there were no witnesses!!😳

Cassie I hope that YD is still living at home so at least you have each other ?

Wildpurl I hope that you have managed to see your son and his partner before the latest tier 4 arrival! 🤔

Not quite the Christmas we had all planned!

Ladies I wish you all a bit of merriment this Christmas and a much more hopeful new year! 🎄🍹

Stay safe and well! X

joan47

Good morning ladies, after a longish absence from the board. After yesterdays announcements I know that Cassie and Wildpurl will now be in Tier 4- and your YS as well Lovewine-and many of your Xmas plans may have to be rethought. We came out of Tier 3 last week and judging from the number of people in coffee shops yesterday, quite a few are making the most of it. We continue to be very cautious, and our Xmas plans were already limited to a cup of tea and a mincepie with YD and family, though now wondering whether that may now be with us sitting outside and watching the GCn open their presents through the window. There seems to be something of a cluster in their tiny community, and Covid in both the children’s schools- GS has been  isolating for the past 10 days so we haven’t been going over there. Fortunately YD now seems to be quite a bit better, I guess the medication is at last doing its work, so we were not as worried about that as we would have been earlier. We have had some worries about ED, who came off her bike a couple of weeks ago, coming back from work, we don’t know why, because she has no memory of the incident or for around the 8 hours before and after, and there were no witnesses, she was just found and taken to A& E. She had a brain scan that night which fortunately was clear but has an appointment with a neurologist on Tuesday, who will hopefully say it is just concussion. She has been able to do a few hours work this past week and has a weeks leave anyway this week so hopefully after Xmas she will be able to get back to her normal work. Her main anxiety has been that she was due to do two weeks on a general ward just after Xmas and was concerned that she might not be able to cope, and make bad decisions. Fortunately it has now been agreed that she will not be doing this. It would be worrying enough ordinarily, but with Covid soaring in London now, the pressures on staff are again extraordinary. 
Sorry to go on for so long. Hope everybody is staying safe and will be able to enjoy your Xmases, limited as they are going to be.

Lovewine

Hello ladies , hope you are all well and ready for Christmas - it will certainly be a different one this year that’s for sure , mum and dad have decided to stay at home after all and my elderly aunt is doing the same - we will deliver a Christmas dinner to both of their houses at least ! Dad should be getting the vaccine anytime as they rang from the surgery and asked if he wanted it and to expect it soon - mum is 4 months short of 80 and his carer but Isn’t in the first lot to be done .
whatever your plans ladies stay safe and well and enjoy your Christmas 🎄🎅🏻!!

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , glad you are all keeping well and your families too .

Rosie your plans for Christmas are the best you can get this year I think ☹️, you will of course miss your lovely family in France and hopefully it won’t be too long until you can see them in the new year 🤞. It will be lovely to see YS and DD even in these restrictive times .

We are having YS back for about 2 weeks over the Christmas holiday and ES and DIL for Christmas Day , mum and dad are going to my sisters but only for about 2 hours for their lunch ! My elderly aunt is staying on her own which I find very sad - but that’s what she wants to do , we will take her Christmas dinner down to her house 😪. We always go to my sisters in the afternoon and join my mum and dad , nieces etc but that’s out of the question now .

Joan I hope you managed to sort out your new laptop and you are not too full on with more work ! How is your YD now ? Will you be joining them for Christmas Day ?

Cassie you are a busy lady with your knitting projects - so good to have a hobby as there hasn’t been much else to do ! 
Wildpurl hope you are well .

We are meeting ES and DIL this morning for a canal side walk which will be nice but muddy ! We had so much rain Thursday and Friday parts of our area were flooded yesterday ! 
Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies ! 

rosie14

Good Afternoon ladies hope you are all keeping well?

Joan what a relief that ED is back at work! 😅 So sorry to hear about YD though and that you are having to be involved so much during the week. I do hope that you have managed to set up your laptop! Well done for finishing your research project!🤗 

Hope OH is keeping well?

Lovewine hope OH enjoyed the experience of jury service? 
Thank goodness your parents got their flu jab eventually! Will they be having the COVID vaccine? I hope your mum is bearing up.

Like you Lovewine I am not a lover of dark mornings and even less so of evenings! 🙄

Cassie it’s good to have some hobbies it sounds like you are being very productive with your knitting! Hope your family are keeping well.

Wildpurl hope all is well with you. Will you be seeing your son at Christmas?

DH was meant to go for colonoscopy on Thursday but they gave him an appointment at Redditch which is 45 mins away from here. He would have to have taken public transport as I haven’t driven in the UK for 10 years and haven’t driven at all since we left Cyprus last November! They wanted me to accompany him but understandably are not allowing anyone other than patients into the hospital so I would have to have waited outside for at least 2 hours! Redditch hospital is miles away from any civilisation! 😳 As Joan will know he couldn’t have possibly gone all that way on public transport after taking the pre medication! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Fortunately they managed to change it to Worcester next Thursday! I have ordered him a taxi and it will take less than 10 mins! I will then go on the bus later and bring him back in a taxi! 
I dragged DH along on my walk this am as it was a sunny morning and we were lucky enough to catch sight of a kingfisher!😄 He was the other side of the river so we couldn’t get a decent photo of him.

I walked to town this afternoon as I wanted to get some charity Christmas cards from the Guild Hall. Town was very busy with some stalls in the high street pedestrian area. There was a good atmosphere though with some buskers dressed in Victorian costume. It was good to see a glimpse of normality and to be fair, most people did wear masks.

We have considered long and hard what to do about Christmas, clearly our French family are ruled out of the equation this year! 😢 We are taking the motorhome to Plymouth the weekend before Christmas, unless the tiers change,  and staying on a site, DH will play golf with YS and we will have a meal in the evening with them. 
We will then go home for a night and then go to a site in Yorkshire that is in tier 2 and wait there until Christmas Eve when we will be permitted to go to DD and family in tier 3. We will stay 2 nights on her drive in the motorhome and then return home before we must resume life in the tier system!😬

Let’s hope that the vaccine is rolled out quickly! 

Stay well ladies!

Cassie86

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good Morning Ladies,

Sorry to hear about your poor dog Rosie. Glad your daughter is recovering Joan, it has been a long haul for so many but hopefully we can all see a light at the end of the tunnel now. I hope OH does not get too bored on jury service lovewine, I took knitting and a paper back when I had to go, it lasted a couple of weeks, it was very tiring traveling to Southwark crown court every day and listening to other jury members who could not make any decisions, when the case was very black and white.

I am on annual leave again this week its been a total yawn except for my hobbies and some online Christmas shopping, I am not sure I will get a delivery date for the groceries though, no luck so far.

The painting is about 2/3rds complete I cannot paint if the weather is dull or YD is working on the living room table so time is limited. The knitting project is coming along hat, bootees and half of the blanket are complete, I will finish then on to the little jacket, there is no rush as the baby is not due until spring.

ED has also sent me a link for knitting blankets for premature babies which they can then take home, I have ordered some multi coloured yarn which would not normally be my choice but the pattern is so plain that the recommend I felt it needed something to jazz it up.

Keep well ladies, back to work for me on Monday x

Lovewine

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good morning ladies , as you say Rosie I just can’t believe how quickly the time is passing !

Rosie I am so sorry to hear your lovely dog has passed away , I know how much she meant to you , it’s very hard losing a pet as we know sadly . What a good age though for a large dog in a hot climate .

my elderly dog is doing ok but at 14 years old I am also trying to prepare for the day when she sadly leaves us 😪.

I enjoy your daily photos and the riverside  goings on !

Joan I am sorry to hear your YD is struggling , it’s very difficult at the moment in so many ways - what an awful year . Good news though your ED is well and negative .

YS has regular covid tests working at imperial college and has always been negative and ES had a test last week as a department in his workplace had several cases , he was negative too thank goodness .

OH starts jury service next Monday which will be an experience ! He could be doing it for a day or several weeks so we shall see !

my dad is very very slowly improving but I don’t think he will recover his previous health after the 2 operations he had in the summer - he still can’t walk unaided and has the district nurse several times a week - mum and dad both had a flu jab finally last week - a separate nurse came to the house to do it !

Cassie and Wildpurl I hope you and your families are well .

I better take my dogs out now - it’s not very appealing in the dark and cold winter mornings ☹️!

Take care ladies 💐 x

joan47

Just a quick update. ED now fully recovered from Covid, back at work tomorrow and her partner, amazingly, didnt catch it. Life pretty busy here, YD very fragile so still going over there every weekday and trying to fit work on around it. Got my big research report finished today so it will go off tomorrow and have treated myself to a decent laptop so I can work from YDs when necessary. Only just plucked up enough courage to take it out of the box, I’m not very confident about setting up but it will have to be faced. 

Hope you and your families are all well ladies and coping with this second lockdown. 

rosie14

Hello ladies!

The days seem to turn into weeks which change into months and gradually this surreal year is drawing to a close! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Cassie did you finish your painting by numbers and your knitting? It’s good to have a project on the go. Hope the family are all well?

Lovewine how is your elderly dog now? Have you got any projects on the go?

Hopefully work will pick up for you in December.🤔 I do hope that your parents managed to get their flu vaccine?

Wildpurl I am glad you got away to Scotland and enjoyed good weather! It sounds that working at home and only one day in the office is perfect for you! 

Joan indeed it is good news that a vaccine is soon to be available!

Glad to hear that YD is beginning to show signs of recovery it must be a huge strain on SIL and you and OH supporting the grandchildren!m

Sorry to hear about ED but as you say at least her symptoms are mild and hopefully her partner will steer clear of the virus!

Gosh I wouldn’t fancy a colonoscopy without sedation, you were very brave!😬🙀

We had the very sad news that our dog in Cyprus, that our landlady took on has died! 😢 She was 10.5 years which in the Cyprus climate is a good age for a large black dog. She wasn’t ill and passed away peacefully. Needless to say it has upset us both. Particularly me, as she was my companion during the cancer journey! Also I have never stopped feeling guilty and thinking about her most days, having to let her go was painful, although I know it was the best thing for her! I had left part of my heart in Cyprus!💔😥

YS’s youngest daughter who is 13, has had to self isolate for the second time! She was feeling unwell last week so DIL took her for a test but thankfully she tested negative! 
GD in Newcastle has also spent 2 weeks self isolating!

Let’s hope that the vaccine will work and we can get back to a more normal life in the spring! 

Love to you all, x

joan47

Good news that a vaccine is on its way. Hope people don’t go mad and ignore all the protective measures we need to continue with until the whole population are clearly protected. Indeed I think it is even more necessary now, it would be terrible for even more people to die when there is, at last, light at the end of this particular tunnel. And what a relief that Biden got in. Just hoping Trump doesn’t do anything awful before he is inaugurated, even if he cant bring himself to give in gracefully. 

On the home front life has been challenging largely because of younger daughter’s illness, but she seems to be on an upward trajectory although there’s a long way to go. As if that wasn’t enough our other daughter tested positive for Covid 9 days ago having caught it, as did several others staff and patients, from a patient. Fortunately her symptoms have been fairly mild, the worst seems to be fatigue. Also fortunately, her partner, who is diabetic, does not seem to have succumbed yet, so we keep our fingers crossed. I had a colonoscopy last week, which thankfully showed no recurrence of the bowel cancer. It is not an experience I wish to repeat, though, since I wasn’t able to have sedation, for reasons I won’t go into. I have written to my surgeon, who didn’t do the procedure, not to complain but to suggest a couple of ways in which the process could be changed, so that other patients don’t have the same experience. 

Lovely to hear from you Wildpurl. Are you still able to go into work once a week or has that stopped because of lockdown. I expect the gym has stopped.  

Great that some of you ladies managed a holiday before we were locked down again, although what a shame about the weather on yours Lovewine, and your dog’s infection. I hope you enjoyed your week off Cassie, even though you weren’t going away. Loving your photos Rosie. 

Look after yourselves, ladies

Lovewine

Good afternoon ladies , hope you are all well and coping yet again with the new restrictions about to begin☹️.

Rosie looks like you had a good trip last week , I enjoyed your photos as always ! I suppose that will be it for a while 🤔, hopefully you will be able to continue shortly .

I am watching the U.S election and finding it quite fascinating , can’t believe it’s so close after all !

Wildpurl lovely to hear from you , you sound busy with your knitting projects and work etc .

Joan hope all is well with you and your family and Cassie too ? 
I think this lockdown people are feeling much more despondent about it all / certainly the people I know are , the winter months don’t help either !

I continue to be very quiet with work ☹️- I can’t see it getting better any time soon really .

stay safe ladies . 

Wildpurl

Hi everyone, I can’t remember when I last posted but have been catching up with posts from time to time. I’m sorry to hear about the family concerns some of you have had, the trouble is that anxiety is higher than usual because of the uncertainty and the restrictions and then to have family worries on top of that is very difficult.

I am glad you managed to see your family and have some trips in the motorhome rosie. 
we went on a week's holiday in Scotland in September and although we could not visit family in their houses because of new restrictions we were lucky enough to have great weather and went walking with family and on our own. We stayed in a premier inn and had a big breakfast every day then either ate in the restaurant or bought sandwiches from Tesco’s in the evening. We had a lovely break, I am glad we decided to go, as it would be impossible now. 
i am still working from home and going into the office once a week, it is the best of both worlds really. The office is very quiet, so I don’t feel the risk is very high at all. 
we are walking every weekend still and I am still able to go to the gym so have something of a routine. I’m still knitting and have knitted a few warm sweaters as it is colder at home than working in the office.

we are just living quietly from day to day, I think we are very lucky as our situation is not too bad compared with many.

sending hugs to you all