358054posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

11,308 REPLIES 11,308
Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

You gave me a bit of a shock with this photo, Lovewine, I thought it was ES son’s wedding and that I had completely missed/forgotten about it!!! What a shame that the number of guests had to be so small, but they must be so pleased that it happened at last. Sorry to hear that your dads recovery is being quite slow, very stressful for you all. Hope things start to improve. Great that you have a holiday to look forward too, you certainly need it. Hope the weather will be kind to you. 
Rosie, hope the quarantine isnt too arduous but it was clearly worth it to see your family in France and have a lovely holiday. How are you proposing to keep yourselves occupied. What about groceries? Hope the Amazon deliveries slow down. Hope your niece’s ceremony goes ahead on Saturday and that you get to see your daughter on your northern trip. We have family in the north east as well. My SIL is naturally upset about not being able to see her grandchildren, but equally, they have increasingly concerned about people not behaving sensibly. 
We had a lovely day on Saturday, visiting friends in Devon we havent seen for a year. The way things are going it may be another year before we see them again. Starting to get worried again about ED, who is likely to be back on the frontline again if there is a surge in hospital admissions. Things are just so uncertain for us all at the moment. 

Highlighted

65015176-684B-42AE-8FF6-1B1922B9CCD4.jpeg

 ES and DIL at wedding last week!

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , Rosie so glad you made it to France and spent time with your family ! Did you get a bike for GS ? I saw some of your photos on FB and he looks a lovely little boy ! The weather has been very nice and hopefully will last a little longer - we are off to the Gower in South Wales in just under 2 weeks - so looking forward to it 😊.

Its been and continues to be quite stressful with Dad at the moment - he is recovering slowly but it’s taking its toll on mum who was also unwell last week with  her diverticulitis mainly through stress . I think it’s going to take quite a while to see much improvement in dad - but keeping hopeful anyway .

YS came home for a few days and then returned to Dorset for a small break after his holiday to Croatia was cancelled . ES and DIL had a family wedding last week which was only parents , grandparents and siblings , it was my DILs sister , this was their 3rd attempt at the wedding since April !

We are busy in the garden at the moment - and the tedious task of painting fence panels 😬!

Rosie I hope the time goes quickly for your quarantine-I think you may well run out of space for all of DHs purchases 🤣!!

I hope everyone is well . 

Highlighted

Good Afternoon ladies!

I do hope you are all Ok?🤔

Lovewine, hopefully your dad is now home and making a good recovery?
It has been such a difficult journey for you and the family.

We returned from France 2 days ago and now have to keep ourselves to ourselves for 14 days! 
We don’t regret going it was lovely to spend quality time with ES and family and the weather was superb! I celebrated a Milestone birthday whist we were there!🤦🏻‍♀️
Our next next journey should be to Northumberland, Edinburgh and finally calling at Newcastle to see DD and family. But of course they have just been put into a local set of restrictions and the media aren’t painting a very rosy picture for the rest of us!🥴 

My niece is getting married, hopefully on Saturday! They have had to cancel the church celebration and reception until May next year!🙄 They can only have a civil ceremony and even that could get cancelled if we are put into a national lockdown!

We feel like prisoners in our own home again. DH had a pile of Amazon boxes arrive yesterday that made me gasp when I opened the door!🙀 He said it was all stuff he needed as he couldn’t go to the shops to buy it. Such as toilet and drain cleaner, water purification tablets, plastic shelving and groundsheet pegs for the motorhome oh and some pannier baskets for his bike as he had to cycle to  the local Intermarche as it was too far to walk and he struggled back balancing the shopping! Mostly due to the fact he always purchased extra items!🙄 

Hope you have all been enjoying the recent spell of good weather before Autumn arrives! 

Highlighted

That is such good news Lovewine. What a relief for you and your mum. You must have been on tenterhooks. 

Highlighted

Lovewine relived to hear that so far so good your dad is doing well! Do hope he continues to improve!

Keep us posted!

We are off to Folkestone today in preparation for the tunnel tomorrow morning! Feeling excited about seeing family but apprehensive about the travel and the situation! We are staying 2 nights en route near Reims on a site as it is a 6 hour drive with the Motorhome to Nancy! 🙄

Highlighted

Evening ladies - just a quick update to say Dad pulled through his latest operation and the surgeon seems happy so far - he will be in hospital for a few more days and then we will hopefully get him home , poor mum is lost without him . Fingers crossed this latest surgery has been successful because sadly there are very few more options available to him .

Highlighted

Lovewine, so sorry to hear your dad had to go back into hospital. I do hope the op went well yesterday. Thinking of you and your poor parents. 

Highlighted

Joan so sorry to hear that OH has had such a nasty bout of vertigo and it has rather curtailed your plans!

Lovewine so sorry to hear about your dad and will be thinking of you on Friday! Such a worry for you all!😔 Keep us posted.

Cassie good to hear from you and you are able to visit relatives! The grandchildren certainly do seem to have grown in Lockdown!😳

We are currently in Dorset until Sunday and we are still planning to use the tunnel Monday morning! We couldn’t get a bike for GS here as the brakes are the opposite way round on French bikes!😬 However we will go bike shopping with him in France! Probably better he chooses his own bike for size etc! 
We had a palaver with the French site which we booked through the caravan and camping overseas. I found an email in my junk folder on Monday to say all overseas bookings were being cancelled and we would get a refund! ES tried to book directly with the site only to find that they hadn’t opened up this season!😳 Surely the club should have known before booking it??? Anyway ES has found us another site a bit further away but with a direct train to Nancy by the Moselle River! The owner is happy to have Brits and our family is able to visit us at the site! We will have to quarantine, as it stands, on return to the UK. But the way things are going they won’t get over for Christmas so it’s now or never! We saw them very briefly in Margate for a few hours!

There are a lot of retired Motorhome’s in France and Spain at the moment as they are able to quarantine when they get back!

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , good all is well with you , except your DH of course Joan , really very unpleasant having vertigo I hope he is recovering now .

sadly my dad had to go back into the vascular unit on Tuesday ( i took him back in ), his wound has been really pouring out with clear liquid so the district nurse wasn’t happy , the consultant wanted him on the ward to use intravenous antibiotics and monitor him , they did a scan and have discovered the first operation hadn’t worked and the arteries are narrowing again so another operation is scheduled for Friday ! Dad is quite despondent understandably . My mum was very tearful on the way home from the hospital too .made worse by not being able to visit him of course . Anyway the stress continues ☹️.

Rosie have you decided to go to France ? I certainly don’t blame you if so ! Seeing your YGS with his new bike is worth it 😊.

Cassie I can’t believe your GS is such a grown up young man - must cost ED a fortune to feed and clothe him growing so quick ! Glad you had a break , Bristol and surrounding area is so pretty !

Take care ladies !

Highlighted

Hello Ladies,

I am glad your father is recovering, such a worrying time for you. GS is going back to school next week but its not such a change as he went back at the end of term for a month because of his extra needs, I swear he has grown about 7 inches in the last 3 months so new trousers have been ordered. He now wears size 8 shoes and is about 5ft 8inches tall, taller than his mum now and much taller than me.

YD and I have just come back from a 3 day break in Bristol we went to see my Nephew and his partner in their new house, they have moved just over the border into Gloucestershire into a larger house with 4 bedrooms apparently much cheaper than in Bristol, good luck to them, 2 bathrooms and a cloakroom.

I hope OH & DH are both feeling better Rosie & Joan, both been in the wars by the sounds of it.

Keep safe ladies xx

Highlighted

Lovewine, what a relief it must be that your dad’s op is over and he is back home. I hooe he is continuing to make a good recovery. What a shame about your fig tree, good wheeze about the email. How awful to see all the Xmas stuff at the garden centre, we went to ours last week to buy bulbs but fortunately they hadn’t begun on Xmas. Hope EL and DIL had an enjoyable weekend, the weather would have been perfect for Kew. And a nice break before he goes back to work, especially having been locked down again. Hope your business starts to pick up soon. 

What have you decided to do about your trip to France, Rosie? Its quite understandable that you should want so much to go, especially with the bike and fifth birthday, which is a bit of a milestone. Glad that you have had an enjoyable time in Somerset and that OH managed to recover from his exertions in the north east. And so brilliant that the quarantine rules didnt come in before ES and family came over for his special birthday. 

We’ve had a quieter week than we expected because OH had a rather severe recurrence of the vertigo he gets periodically, which came on on Monday evening. He was so poorly by last night, despite medication that I decided to call 111. He is now on different medication and is somewhat better today though still in bed. I suspect it was brought by being up a ladder doing some rather vigorous tree pruning, so I think we may have to get someone in to finish the job. We had hoped to drive down to Devon today to see some friends we havent seen for many months, which was a big disappointment but at least it didnt come on while we were down there. Grandchildren and parents are away as well. So apart from running up and down stairs I have mainly been working. Had a nice day out last Wednesday though at Forde Abbey Gardens, which you may know Rosie. We sat for a while in a swing seat, which reminded me of you Lovewine, I expect you have got a lot of use out of it this summer. 

Hope all is well with you both, Cassie and Wildpurl. I expect GS is back to school this week Cassie. Ours  dont start till next Monday. 

Highlighted

Oh Rosie , what a dilemma ! I hope you have managed to sort out your trip to France , I completely understand why you want to take GSs bike for his birthday - I can’t believe he is 5 ! I can remember when he was born and your poor DIL had such a bad time 😲. Good luck with it all ! 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine I am so pleased that your dad managed to have his procedure with an epidural and that he is recovering well. What a relief for you and the family!

My you have been busy in your garden. I love the fact that you managed to get to the tip 4 times by using different email addresses! Very ingenious! 🤣🤣🤣

I too feel that summer has slipped out of our fingers! The nights are certainly drawing in! 😕 I too saw Christmas decorations appearing in a new shop on High Street!🙄

DH is much better thank you, I think he really did overdo it he still thinks he is a young man! 😬

The weather looks better for the weekend so ES and DIL should have a pleasant weekend in London.

Somerset was a lovely break we managed to get out and about by foot and bus between showers! 
The meet up for ES’s belated 40th went well thank goodness! Fortunately the quarantine on visitors from France was imposed after their arrival so it didn’t affect them!😅
 We now face a dilemma as we are due to travel to France on Sept 7th to stay on a campsite 5 Kms from ES and family. We would have to quarantine on return as it stands and would have to postpone our visit to Plymouth which is ok. The real risk is that France make visitors entering  France Quarantine for 14 days and then we are stuffed! 😬🙀🥴

If I cancel the campsite by Tuesday I can get a refund. The euro star I will have to change the date and risk paying an inflated price difference! 
I am sure that you must wonder why on earth we are considering it? It’s not a holiday it’s a visit to see family that we may not be able to see again until goodness knows when the way things are going! We plan to take YGS a new bike for his 5th birthday! He has a secondhand one that has been repaired and is too small for him. It would be his birthday and Christmas Present!

The region they live in France is not near the areas of increased infections. Our motorhome insurance is covered but I will need to get a new medical insurance as ours has expired. They have put the price up by 1/3 to cover Covid! I may just get a one off journey rather than an annual one.

I am speaking to ES in a couple of hours so we will have to see how the land lies.🥴

Joan and Cassie hope your GCN are looking forward to returning to school?

Wildpurl you must have enjoyed a most productive time is your garden!

We went to an outdoor socially distanced theatre production of Wind in the Willows outside the Henry Sandon Hall on our complex. Thankfully  the rain held off! It was lovely to enjoy theatre again! There were only about 20 people there. 

Highlighted

good morning ladies , I can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since our last posts - it’s flying past despite the surreal times !

my Dad has his operation and thankfully so far is going well , it was done using epidural rather than a general as the tests on his heart showed it wasn’t strong enough to cope , he was in hospital for 5 days but recovering at home now - quite tired which is understandable !

Rosie how is DH now ? I hope things are settling down for him , I saw your photos in Somerset , looked very nice , I love that area too . How was the family meet up for ESs birthday ? Must have been lovely to have them altogether 😊.

Joan Glad you are able to get out more now and do fairly “ normal “ activities - not sure if things will ever be back to pre COVID ! A relief for you too that SIL has a new job .

My business is still fairly quiet , obviously a lot are working from home or furloughed do not needing me as often .My ES has been furloughed since March but returns half days starting the 1st September which is better than nothing - he’s relieved !

I can’t help feeling the summer has gone now , it’s much cooler in the mornings and evenings now and darker too ! I really dislike the cold , dark morning dog walks !

ES and DIL have gone to stay with DIls sister in London this weekend and have booked to go to Kew Gardens on Sunday so fingers crossed it’s a decent day !

Have been gardening quite a lot too this week , the high wind on Tuesday brought down our large fig tree so I have been booking slots at the waste site and taking it - problem is you can only have 2 visits over 2 weeks 🙄- so I was sneaky and made alternative email addresses and went 4 times !

Cassie hope things are ok with you and your family ? I expect GS is back to school ? Out schools returned this week but I think most areas are next week 🤔, will he be happy to go back after such a long time ?

Wildpurl are you still working from home at the moment ? hope all is well with you too , a busy time harvesting your produce I expect ! We grew carrots , onions , peas, chard and leeks and most have been successful - although I didn’t like the chard very much !

Take care ladies and have a good bank holiday weekend whatever you are doing 😊.

P.S I went to the garden centre yesterday and the Christmas stuff was all laid out !🙀

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine I am so sorry that your dad is facing such a worrying procedure! I hope he manages to have a small celebration for his milestone birthday today. Do keep in touch and let us know how things go we will all be rooting for him! 
So glad that YS has been given the all clear to return to work and that he was able to make another visit home!
Cassie the sad thing that struck me about your lovely photos was the lack of people! 😳
Glad that you were able to get away for a holiday and get back safely!

Mad crazy times! Our ES and family arrived in Margate on Monday for a week so fortunately they just missed the quarantine measures!🥴

We are travelling to see them today and staying overnight in a Travelodge! Our DD and family and YS and family are also coming but ES doesn’t know that! He was 40 in June. We were going to go out for a meal together but can’t do this as the group is too big so I am taking the party from Sainsbury’s click and collect. They are staying in a 3 bed semi Airbnb with a garden, so we can spread out a little. We have already met up with YS and fami,y and now DD in her bubble. Our ES is from Nancy and as they both work in education have not been in contact with many people over the last few weeks! We haven’t met up as a total family since Wales Last summer! It’s incredibly hard to do so we are seizing the opportunity as goodness only knows where we will all be by Christmas!
We are all staying in the Travelodge!

We spent nearly 3 weeks up at DD’s helping put furniture together and light fittings and curtain poles up! Then we tackled the back garden! 😳 It was a huge project with all hands on deck. DH worked very hard and overdid it. He hasn’t been well since returning with a pain in his lower groin! He went to the doctor yesterday and was given a blood test. They are treating it at the moment as a bowel infection with anti biotic! He has to return in a week for a further blood test!😳 

We are off in the motorhome to Somerset for a few days next week.

We are supposed to be going to France early September, so will have to see what transpires!

I have cancelled our postponed our flights to Cyprus early October as Cyprus are being very strict. DH will probably go by himself in November. I probably won’t go at all!😔

Joan it sounds as if you managed your family gathering well! It is always hard leaving family! We must be thankful at this time to see them briefly! 
Glad that YD got a refund for her ferry, we are booked onto the euro tunnel and a campsite. I will see how the land lies over the next few days!

Wildpurl hope all is well with you.

Must go ladies picking up shopping at 9.30. I have ordered paper plates, cups etc.

Highlighted

Oh goodness, what a worry about your dad Lovewine. Such a difficult decision for him to face. And how awful to have to make all those separate trips to hospital. How are he and your mum coping with it all?

We have just seen ED and partner off on the train back to London so feeling rather low. We have had a lovely few days if rather strange. The first three days we managed without them coming into the house- apart from to the downstairs  loo, which I had sanitised and then reserved to them- and the weather was so good we were able to eat in the garden every evening. Last night though it was inside. We went out each day, and the grandchildren joined us with one or other of their parents. Wednesday was incredibly hot of course- when we got back we all sat with with our feet in buckets of cold water! We have even managed to avoid the downpours. YD and her family are also delighted that the govt has decided now to advise against all but essential travel to France because this means they have been able to get a refund on the ferry journey and rebook for next year on their accommodation. Had they cancelled before this because of the fear of quarantine being imposed they would probably have not even been able to claim on the insurance. They have even managed to book a week in Wales. So a great relief for them. But how awful for those who are already in France. 

Highlighted

Good morning ladies 😀. Cassie what fabulous photos of your holiday ! How nice to have got away and even better just before the latest restrictions on returning !

Joan , I hope you enjoyed the few days with your ED and managed to get out and about a little bit - the weather was very hot for sight seeing though ! Lovely to catch up with her even in these weird times ! Glad you are managing to return to some kind of normality with meeting friends etc - it’s been very difficult when shielding . Also very good news SiL has a job -it’s all such a worry .

my mum and dad have found the last few months very hard - it’s about to get even harder though for us as Dad saw the vascular consultant on Monday after having a scan just the previous week regarding the blood flow to his feet and the ulcer refusing to heal - basically he has to have surgery to insert 3 separate  balloons into his tummy and groin area to have a chance of keeping his foot and keeping healthy generally ... he is admitted to the same hospital as I had my surgery on Monday for observation and heart monitors and surgery on Thursday , he is very high risk as before when he was extremely poorly ( same time as your dad Rosie ) he had 3 cardiac arrests during surgery last time because after his heart operations his heart can’t cope .very worrying times for us 🙁.

its his birthday tomorrow (85!) and he has to go to the hospital again at 3.00 p.m for a Covid test , he’s had an appointment 4 days this week at different hospitals for various things - it’s a shame they can’t do things altogether as it’s hard when you are elderly to get yourself there and of course I can’t go with him or even drive him !

YS spent 5 days at home again last week which was lovely , he had been given the all clear to return to imperial college to work on Mondays and Fridays which he is so happy about as working from home doesn’t suit him at all .

its DILs 30 th birthday next week so we will take her present over on Sunday and spend some time with them .

Rosie I hope you are enjoying some time with DD and family and she is settled in to the new house now - are you sightseeing up in the north now ? Been good weather for you !

Wildpurl hope all is well with you .

Take care ladies 😊!

Highlighted

Wow, Cassie, that looks so beautiful, I am really envious. Impossible to know at the moment when it will be safe to go on holiday abroad. YD and family are due to go to France in 10 days but it is looking increasingly likely that it wont happen. Even if the UK government has extended the quarantine to France by then unless the infection rate there is clearly going down  they cant take the risk of having to quarantine when they get back, not least because it looks like SIL has a new job, which is great news. Its probably only for about 8 months but its the sort of thing he has been doing and at the same rate of pay, which is a great relief. ED and partner are coming down for a few days tomorrow. ED is being ultra cautious about us so they are staying in a local hotel and when we go out they will drive my car-which I will disinfect first. YD is working for a couple of the days and SIL may be starting work so I think we will be doing some child care. Not sure how we will manage the logistics of it all yet.

We managed to have a meal with friends this week, with a 4 course meal from a local restaurant which has just reopened. It was amazing, so nice to have food I hadn’t had to cook , and fortunately the weather was warm enough to sit  outside for all but the puds, when we retreated into their conservatory- which they had disinfected with an ozone machine borrowed from their son, whose firm sells them! What strange times. 
Hope everyone is still fine.

Highlighted

Sunset view from our balconeySunset view from our balconeyPool at nightPool at nightDay view from our balconeyDay view from our balconeyRooftop terraceRooftop terraceRooftop infinity plunge poolRooftop infinity plunge poolSeafront art workSeafront art workMarinaMarinaBeach nearbyBeach nearby

Highlighted

Welcome back Cassie, how fortunate you got your trip in before the quarantine kicked in. Hope you had a lovely time. Perhaps you’ll be posting some photos soon? So pleased ED is doing OK at the moment. Fingers crossed. 

Lovewine, what a relief to be able to see ES and DIL again. Good you are able to have a drink with your dog walking group even if not at the pub. Hope your parents didnt have too long to wait at the hospital on Monday. 

Glad your daughters house sale has gone through Rosie. Hope there isnt too much DIY to do. How lovely to have some time in Port Isaac, it is a very pretty little place, but as you say, social distancing not easy in the narrow streets. 

We have just spent a lovely afternoon with grandchildren and their parents at Hestercombe Gardens, which is a privately run property near Taunton- you may know it Rosie. SIL keen to visit-he spent a weeks work experience there when he was at school- quite a ,long time  ago now. It was pretty hot but since much of the grounds are in woodland it was manageable.  All very well organised. Otherwise we are gradually getting out more and seeing people in respective gardens. Sadly a couple of the activities I have been doing, including QiGong on Zoom, have stopped for the summer, though at least it gives me a bit more time. Still trying to do a few hours work every day. 

I cant say I raised a glass on the 18th but did think of you all. Take care. 

Highlighted

Hello Ladies,

All well here ED has had no more problems at present. Just back from Mallorca myself luckily missed the quarantine rule arrived back about 1pm on Saturday. Just a quick hello as I need to get dinner on

x

Highlighted

no it’s completely disappeared - how annoying !

i haven’t time to rewrite it now , but I was just checking in and seeing how you all are ? 
Rosie I am so glad DD has moved in to her new home , expect DH has been busy with little jobs for her !

we visited ES and DIL today as they are no longer in the lockdown area !

i raised my glass to you all on Saturday 18th and hope next year we will be able to meet up again !

Take care ladies and I hope you are all keeping well .

Highlighted

Hi Rosie , I did post this morning but can’t see it now it’s disappeared ! Will see if I can find it 😲!

Highlighted

Hello all hope you are well.

Lovewine I had an email alert to say you had posted on the forum but mine seems to be the last post?🤔

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , I hope you are all well ?

i certainly thought of you all on the 18th  and raised my glass to you - hopefully next year we will be able to meet up !

Rosie , I love Cornwall and port Isaac is one of my favourites , it does get very busy in the summer though 😬, glad you have managed to get on some trips finally ! I expect this past week you and DH have been helping DD settle into her new home - what a relief everything went through !

Not much happening here , we have resumed our weekly dog walking group , but not going to the pub at the moment as it’s all quite a faff particularly with the dogs 🐶! So each week we are going to each of our gardens for a glass of wine instead !

Its a beautiful start to the day - but I know it’s not going to last sadly , we will walk the dogs shortly and then mid morning we can finally visit ES and DIL as their area is no longer in lockdown , the city has also opened the non essential shops etc so hopefully the virus is more contained .

Certainly it looks like our lives are going to be very different for the foreseeable future .

i was taking my dad to hospital for a CT scan Monday but we have been informed only 1 person can accompany him , mum has insisted she is going to take him and the details say at least 2 hours waiting there so it’s looking like I can’t go ! 

Anyway ladies take care in these worrying times ! 

Highlighted

Good Evening ladies I hope this finds you all well! Especially your dad Lovewine!

We have been away in our motorhome and it was lovely to see our YS and family! 
Before returning home yesterday we spent a couple of nights in Port Isaac and visited some of the locations of Doc Martin! Social distancing was a little tricky in the narrow streets!🙄

Today DD’s house finally completed after 7 months! Her ex husband tried to stop the sale this week as he wanted to take control of the proceeds as he didn’t trust DD having it paid into her bank account before giving him his share! 😡

He finally agreed yesterday to pay £35 for the solicitor to forward his share directly to his bank account!😅 

We will be going to Newcastle in the next few days to do some DIY at her new property which miraculously went through this afternoon also! 😄😅😅

Lovewine I feel sorry for your ES and DIL being involved in an extended lockdown. Herefordshire, our next county have had a rise in cases on a fruit farm where they employ migrant workers from Romania! 😳

Joan hope you are managing to at least meet with your YD and family now!

Cassie how is your ED, is her ex still causing her a problem?

Wildpurl have you managed to see your son and his partner yet?

Tomorrow is the day we should have been meeting up in Oxford, so tomorrow night I will raise a glass to you all in thanks for another year ladies! 

Highlighted

Good Evening ladies I hope this finds you all well! Especially your dad Lovewine!

We have been away in our motorhome and it was lovely to see our YS and family! 
Before returning home yesterday we spent a couple of nights in Port Isaac and visited some of the locations of Doc Martin! Social distancing was a little tricky in the narrow streets!🙄

Today DD’s house finally completed after 7 months! Her ex husband tried to stop the sale this week as he wanted to take control of the proceeds as he didn’t trust DD having it paid into her bank account before giving him his share! 😡

He finally agreed yesterday to pay £35 for the solicitor to forward his share directly to his bank account!😅 

We will be going to Newcastle in the next few days to do some DIY at her new property which miraculously went through this afternoon also! 😄😅😅

Lovewine I feel sorry for your ES and DIL being involved in an extended lockdown. Herefordshire, our next county have had a rise in cases on a fruit farm where they employ migrant workers from Romania! 😳

Joan hope you are managing to at least meet with your YD and family now!

Cassie how is your ED, is her ex still causing her a problem?

Wildpurl have you managed to see your son and his partner yet?

Tomorrow is the day we should have been meeting up in Oxford, so tomorrow night I will raise a glass to you all in thanks for another year ladies! 

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , thankfully we are not included in the area of lockdown in Leicester - only just though ! - our village comes into the market harborough council district and is 8 miles south of Leicester , but 4 miles away it’s lockdown again which includes ES and DIL who are very fed up again 🙁. I am not surprised at all this happened and after seeing the demonstrations and raves etc it seemed inevitable , it’s also well known in the inner city for having many small textile factories employing illegal workers and housing them in appalling conditions on less than the minimum wage - the owner of one in particular factory is also known for this - he drives a brand new Mercedes 4 wheel drive and lives in a large house in the suburbs ! Been raided many times but seems to get away with it .

YS leaves tomorrow and it’s been lovely having him home for a week , he’s working from home until at least next January which he doesn’t enjoy at all .

Rosie I read the sales of motor homes and caravans have rocketed recently - people are feeling safer holidaying this way , although looking at the news it appears the holidays in Spain etc are now back in some sort of business !

Cassie - I hope the situation with ED and her ex have settled down a little , very difficult .

Joan , hopefully you can relax this weekend now you have finished your work project , not sure if it will be in the garden though as here it’s blowing a gale and grey skies !

Wildpurl , glad all is good with you and you are able to get out and about in your area and work from home too .

My Dad has the district nurse visit twice a week to dress his ankle now - waiting to see another consultant and also to have a CT scan to see what’s going on in more detail .

Have a good weekend ladies - it will be interesting to see what happens today with the pubs reopening !! 

Highlighted

Hi ladies. Rosie, I dont think you are being at all reckless, but as over 70s and because of my asthma I have been ultra cautious so far so want to take it quite slowly. We did venture out for our first trip yesterday, to the gardens of the Bishops Palace in Wells, which was lovely, and very well organised. We even had a cup of tea! Wells high street was also well organised with arrows and footprints showing the direction of travel. Pity about the idiots ignoring it but there werent many of them. You must be really pleased to have bought your motor home, perfect for travelling while social distancing. I hope your daughters house purchase goes through soon, its very stressful in the best of circumstances. My hairdresser contacted me last week.  They are opening next  week but I need to let my hair grow a bit before I go, I’ve been lopping bits off so its reasonably short but with no style! I cut OHs hair early on but he then decided to let it grow and just change the style so it all goes back. He looks a bit like that seedy nightclub owner, Peter Stringfellow, which is not a good look. 
Cassie, what a horrible situation for ED, especially since he was the one who left. I hope it will resolve soon. How is GS getting on? How are things at work? I imagine you really need some time off now. Have all your knitting projects finished?
Lovewine, are you affected at all by the lockdown in Leicester. I think you live quite some way away? How lovely to have YS to stay. How is your dad? 
Wildpurl, are you going to be able to work largely from home over the next few months? 
I have given myself a few days off having been working quite hard over the last little while. The Zoominar on Wednesday was weird and I made a bit of a Horlicks of my presentation but at least its done. YD and family off camping for a few days this Sunday so will miss the daily Facetime sessions with the kids though GD thought she might be ringing us anyway. And no family Zoomtime this weekend because ED is working. Might get around to all the things I kept promising myself to do unless its nice weather, in which case a bit of gardening followed by an afternoon lounging in a recliner reading and dozing. 

Highlighted

Ladies I have written the date for next year’s meet up to bring forward when I transfer dates into 2021 diary!
Lovewine I don’t think the Leicester lockdown affects you? After seeing the pictures of a BLM protest and a rave 2 weeks ago it’s hardly surprising and this behaviour is indeed reckless!

DH is not coping well and if we have to go back into lockdown he will become even more unbearable to live with!😬 We are both very stressed about DD’s house completion which should have happened last week! She looks awful she isn’t sleeping and the builder her and her partner are buying the house from is now pushing for completion as they have a waiting list for the particular type of house!

Joan I have found that the NT properties are very safe to be at and if you are members would encourage you to visit. Entry has to be booked online. 
Dudley Zoo was a different kettle of fish, there seemed to be too many people with several small children! The toilets in one block had all cubicles open and the hand driers going, yet in another a one in one out policy and someone policing it- but hand dries still in operation! I suppose if they had put out paper towels in Dudley they would have been removed!😳 Needless to say I shook my hand dry!

My hairdresser phoned me today and booked me in for Saturday morning- I was her first call!☺️
Cassie I am sorry to hear that ED is being hassled by her ex and hope that she can resolve the situation. I don’t really know what her options are other than approach the police to give him a warning? 
Wildpurl we have managed to use click and collect for shopping! In the early weeks if lockdown it was very hard to get a slot but there are plenty of slots now!

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

I have just caught up on your posts, sorry ye I agree with wildpurl and Joan, I would not be comfortable traveling on public transport or traveling to a potentially crowded area in Oxford. It has been difficult enough in London to just go to the shops, having to walk through back streets where possible as most pavements are not even 2 metres wide let alone the people who are on mobiles or just don't care. Sorry ladies if we all act a little more conservatively hopefully we can get back to some sort of normal quicker and safer. I saw ED on Sunday things are not good she is trying very hard to get through things but her Ex is in a bad way with depression and seems to be spiralling downwards turning up at her door and emailing at all hours. ED is sympathetic toward him although he was the one that left but feels they have been through so much and things have gone too far this time. I feel its a case of watch this space!

Rosie good you have the camper van and can move around safely I do not blame you in the least, I have booked a couple of weeks off work the 2nd in July and last week of August. I doubt I will do anything in particular except have a rest, we have started 2 new staff and I hope they can start on some of the routine work that I do.

Sorry to hear you father is so unwell lovewine and things are not looking good with COVID in Leicester.

Best wishes to all Ladies

Highlighted

No I don’t think you are being reckless at all Rosie! I have been shopping when the garden centres opened, I go to the supermarket every other week (we take turns) and I have been into work about once a week for the last month. But these are all quite limited and well understood situations, the NT will be the same, and I would not rule out visiting, and your camper parks too. What I am not keen on is situations with large concentrations of excited people who are not thinking about what they are doing. Maybe this won’t be the case, but I don’t think I will find it relaxing at the moment. I’d rather just let it all settle down first. 
I’ll look forward to your reminder next year!

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies , regarding our meet up this year , I would have fitted in with everyone else - I can understand the reluctance to travel on public transport etc but I would have been ok with doing so myself . What a shame, but next year will soon come round .😀

Rosie , how nice to have things to look forward too - it has been very difficult missing out on so much this year , it will be much appreciated I am sure by your ES and DIL having some help with the move !☺️ Fingers crossed also for DDs smooth house move - all very stressful .

YS has finally returned for a week - he has a weeks holiday booked from work so it’s lovely to see him ! It’s been difficult for him living and working in London alone - very isolating ! 
Joan , sounds like you are hectic at the moment - I hope you manage to finish everything and then can relax ! 
Cassie I hope everything is ok with you? And your ED too ? Very difficult to cope with a relationship breakdown without the added stress of the virus .

Wildpurl , good things are returning to a new kind of normal even though you are working from home still  

I continue to plod on with my work - surprisingly busy the last few weeks which is good news . OH and ES have had redundancies at their work which is all a worry but not surprising .

i continue to enjoy your photos Rosie 😊- I will look forward to the ones further afield !👍

Highlighted

I had a feeling that would be the outcome! I guess Lovewine and Cassie would prefer to cancel our meet up this year also! I will put a note in my diary to reschedule to next July 17th. I will remind you in the New Year!

I guess you think we are being a little wreck less with our proposed trips?😳

We are staying on camping sites where the distance between Motorhomes is 6 metres apart and are Covid safe. 
Our French trip takes us to Nancy, the town where eldest son lives, for a week. He is moving house on July 1st and will have a few jobs for his dad to do! 🤣
Joan I have to say the NT places we have visited have been well planned with booking only slots to reduce numbers and one way systems in place. Only the gardens have been open and thankfully the toilets! 😅

Highlighted

This is just a quick response having just read Rosies message about meet up in July. I’m afraid I’m with Wildpurl on this, I want to be very cautious for a bit longer and see whether the infection rate goes up. 

Lovewine, I’m really sorry about the problem your dad is having. I can understand his refusal to have further surgery, given what happened last time. What a horrible choice for him though, snd such a worry for you and your family. 

Sorry to be so brief, and not to have posted for so long. I’m a bit heads down at the moment preparing a presentation which I have to give on Zoom on Wednesday.  Its good that you are all still well and coping. Rosie, you seem to be having a lovely time visiting NT places.its good ES is going to be able to come over and you have several trips planned. We are thinking of having our first outing soon, but only a trip to the Bishops Palace in Wells, which YD tells me is really well organised and so far not busy.

Hope to do a more leisurely post after Wednesday. Take care everyone

Highlighted

Hi Rosie, I don’t think I am ready to use public transport just yet, or go into a crowded city centre or a socially distancing restaurant. While there is nothing wrong with any of these things I am inclined to be very conservative in my approach to lockdown easing and I would like to wait until the initial euphoria/hysteria is over and also see what effect the new freedoms have on the infection rate before starting to go out again.

So I will give this year's meet-up a miss, and hope that things will be different next year.

I am glad to hear you are able to meet up with your family this summer and I hope you have a wonderful time on your travels - I will keep a lookout on FB!

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Wildpurl, glad to hear from you and that you are ok.

Loveine sorry to hear about the condition of your dad, I can see why he would not want to have further surgery! I can remember he was very ill the year my dad died! I expect that your poor mother is worried about him! 🙄

Hopefully you have resumed your dog walks, even when the pubs open I think we will have to book in to start with? 
It is DH’s birthday on 4th July, so it will be one to remember! We have booked a local restaurant for a meal! 
We have visited several National Trust properties since they reopened! We also went to Slimbridge last week which was very enjoyable! 
We are taking MIL 94, to Dudley Zoo tomorrow which is near where she lives! DH and his brother have been taking her out walks to her local park. She is missing her social life very much, she had a bowls and a yoga class at her community centre and would get lunch there at least once a week. We figured it would be safe to take her whilst numbers are still managed and restrictions in place! 
We are off in our Motorhome to Tewkesbury for 3 nights on July 6th, then down to Plymouth for 4 nights to see YS and family! 😀 Later in July we are off to Whitley Bay to visit DD and partner and grandchildren! DD is having a nail biting finish with the completion of her house that has been going on since early December😬 It makes me feel quite ill and I hope that she will hear good news early this week! 😬

Due to the lifting of the quarantine ES and family can now come over in August! 😀 I have booked for us to take the motorhome via the tunnel over to France early September! 
So ladies what do you want to do about our July 18th meet up? If we travel by train we will need to wear a mask and we will need to book a table soon if we are going? I am happy to go how about the rest of you? Please let me know your feelings I am happy to make the booking! 
Lovewine I went to the Gower coast on a Guide camp so it is several years since I have been! 😯

Hope you are all keeping well and feeling a sense of normality returning to your lives! 

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , the week seems to fly past , can’t believe we are half way through the year , what a strange year it’s been too 😏.

Things are gradually returning to what will be a new normal I suppose , we have seen ES and DIL in each other’s gardens a few times , haven’t seen YS since January though !

My mum and dad are obviously still isolating except for dads health care appointments which he had at the hospital on Friday - he has an ulcer on his ankle which will not heal - after months of mum dressing it and seeing the nurse , he was referred to see a consultant , after ultra sound scan on Friday it’s discovered he has 2 blockages in his leg caused by his usual issue of vascular disease , the dilemma given to him was : surgery to “ strip “ the veins again in his leg or leave and possibly have his foot amputated 🙁, dad his adamant he won’t have any further surgery as it resulted in 3 cardiac arrests and more damage to his heart 5 years ago when he had it before ... so that’s the situation with Dad . 
It looks like we are heading for some hot weather later in the week , our dog walking group haven’t met at all so far this year - we hope to resume this week , but it won’t be quite the same without the cold glass of wine at the pub followed by fish and chips ! 
Rosie , when are you going on your trip for ESs birthday get together ? A couple of my friends booked various holiday cottages for July last week 😊, I am going to book somewhere maybe for September - quite fancy the Gower as we haven’t been to that part of Wales , love Pembrokeshire and have visited many times and north wales too .  Any recommendations would be very helpful !

Take care ladies .

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

hope you are all well, there are some slow signs of more normality now but I don’t think we will be free of booking slots online or queueing to shop for some time! I hope the new bubble arrangements might have helped some of you have more access to some of your family? It makes no difference to me or OH as none of them lives alone and most of them live a reasonable distance away, but the time will come I’m sure.

we are both still working from home and have been taking days off during May and June so have made good progress with the garden and have also done lots of walking in our local area, we have discovered so many beautiful and unknown to us walks and have been really enjoying them.
I have been in to work a few times to workshops with my team which is more efficient face to face, it makes a change but is very strange as there are so few people allowed in each area to support social distancing.

we are planning to refurbish our study as a proper home office sometime soon, as we expect to be wfh for some time to come, and have ordered a new shed to clear lots of stuff (polite version) off our patio and store the bikes in a more accessible location. That should keep us busy for a bit.

Ive also been knitting and have recently finished a shawl and a pair of gloves. I’m working on a winter and a summer cardigan at the moment, depending if it is hot or cool outside!

I would post some photos but the forum seems unable to reduce the size of mine to match its requirements and I CBA to faff with them at the moment. 

Highlighted

Yes Rosie YD lives with me and has been at home since 2 weeks before lockdown, we have both been working the whole time her at home in small flat so a bit difficult at times.

Highlighted

Good morning ladies!

Lovewine I am glad that you enjoyed your birthday and I love the Chinese lantern! 😍 What a lovely gift!
Glad to hear that work is picking up for you again.

Cassie sorry to hear about ED’s latest split and  hope it won’t affect GS too much! 😕

Has YD been with you over the Lockdown?
Cassie time does seem to be passing us by we go from one week to the next! I love the fact that you likened yourself to Goldilocks hopefully you will find the buttons that are just right!😏

Joan how lovely to be able to have a meet-up with YD and family!

My friend asked me to choose 6 pairs of earrings to keep and those In the picture were all mine to keep Joan! 😄

How unlucky with the printer ink accident, you could have done without that!

Lovewine my walks round the canal and river have kept me sane during this time! I see something different everyday!

Since the National Trust has opened its grounds I have booked several slots! We are off to Hanbury Hall this afternoon and Brockhampton on Monday. Slimbridge is open from Monday and I managed to get a slot for Thursday! Ladies our lives rely on booking slots online for everything!🙄

I am thankful that some normality is returning to our lives as DH and I have now had enough! I will be glad to see the children and grandchildren in person rather than on a screen! It was ES’s 40th birthday on Tuesday and we did a group whats app video call! 
DD is still waiting to have the contracts exchanged on her property! 😬

YS is back at work he is the manager of a garage workshop and he says they are very busy!

We are just waiting with baited breath that the recent protests around the country don’t provide us with a second wave of the virus! Personally I think the whole thing has got  

out of hand and one wonders where it will all end!🙀😬
Stay well and safe ladies!

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

The lantern is lovely lovewine have you used it yet! The masks are for ED, GS and YB, Joan we have been asked not to use medical grade masks, so there are enough to go around all of the NHS, care homes etc.

I have made about 9 so far its more time consuming than you think, 3 layers with curtain lining in the middle and its a problem getting elastic, the prices are hiked up online and everything takes an age to come because the shops have not been open . They will be used in supermarkets and on transport if we have to go on it. GS has been fine, but difficult to get off the PC which is driving ED nuts, he seems happy enough though. ED has a venesection due on Monday which she is having to travel all the way to my local Town hall for, the worlds gone nuts as Piers Morgan says, she is nervous about using public transport. I have my postponed oncology appointment in a couple of weeks, it is likely to be on the phone again.  

8 members of staff including me have had the antibody test so far for Covid and only two are no longer susceptible which is not very re-assuring for a second wave.  I feel like I am treading water busy but everything seems so monotonous, time seems to be speeding by very quickly, is it just me?

The fourth knitting project is well under way a cotton open cardigan for ED, my cardigan is finished but I have ordered 2 lots of buttons and neither are suitable I even stitched the second delivery on, I laid the garment on my bed for a day and each time I looked at it just thought no, no I don't like the colour. The first delivery was perfect but a little too small, the second the right size but not the right colour, I am beginning to sound like goldilocks!! I decided to give up until the shops open its a warm Aran weight so not really needed now but it goes against the grain for me not to be able to finish it, oomph so annoying.

I have just been looking for a delivery slot and there is nothing until 23rd, I will check again later.

Have a good weekend ladies

Highlighted

Wind spinnerWind spinnerChinese lantern !Chinese lantern !

Highlighted

Highlighted

lovely to hear from you Cassie and Joan . 
cassie , sorry to hear ED has split up with her OH , it’s certainly not easy to stay quiet and not give advice ! 
Joan , I have been very busy for the past 2 weeks with work , all of my clients have now returned which is good - I am obviously not going inside clients homes but I must admit my day is much shorter as I am not talking to them like I usually do ! 
nice for you to see the GC Joan - it’s hard though not to give them a hug . 
I have seen mum and dad at a distance in the garden as I have been picking up groceries and prescriptions etc .

Rosie , love your daily updates as always 😄, I liked the ones of Croome Abbey . Really nice to have a trip to look forward too .

Joan I will post a photo of my lantern - I am so happy with it , it’s quite large , about 3 feet and is quite sturdy ! 

Highlighted

Very belated Happy Birthday Lovewine. What lovely presents, including a new kindle. Which version did you get? I’m intrigued by the stone Chinese Lantern. Can you post a picture? Were you able to see your parents or any of your family now that the restrictions on meeting in gardens has eased. We met with YD, SIL and grandchildren last week, which was lovely even though it was strange and awful not to be able to have any physical contact.  Odd also to be taking our own chairs, cups and flask of tea.  Forgot the biscuits though. GD was very good on the social distancing, GS kept forgetting. You said in your last post that work was picking up. Hopefully it hasnt become overwhelming. 

Cassie, so sorry to hear ED has split with boyfriend. Quite a strain being supportive without offering advice I should think. How is your GS doing. Is he at school yet? Does he manage to occupy himself at home? GD was supposed to go back to school for one day this week and another in 3 weeks, but this was rescinded, apparently because she wasnt in the year the govt said should go back, and although the school had thought there was some flexibility they discovered there wasnt. I have to say I was relieved since Somerset has had an upsurge in cases, but she really could do with going back even for a day, to get a bit of motivation. All she wants to do is make things. Thinking of that, who are you making masks for? 

Rosie, which earrings did you choose? They all look lovely. How nice to have a trip away to look forward to. I remember many happy summers at Whitley Bay, my aunt used to run a bed and breakfast there. Hopefully the quarantine restrictions will be lifted by the time of ES’s birthday week in Margate. I have to say they seem to be a bit daft, given that we have higher infection rates than other European countries but presumably there is some logic to them. Well done on getting the weekly Click and Collect slots at Sainsburys. I am managing a fortnightly one at Waitrose but the next one is at a different store. Exciting, I get to go to another local town. Still have to stay up till midnight to get one though. 

Nothing much to report here after the excitement of Hay. Only thing unusual today was getting ink from a spilled printer cartridge all over my hands, jumper, floor, spectacle case ( posh purple velour one, Pierre Cardin!) looks more expensive than the specs!, and sundry other things on my desk. Oh yes, and the dishwasher has packed up. Still, we are still healthy, as are the rest of the family so minor problems, though it looks like I will need to hide my hands for a few days. Fortunately my work Zoom call was yesterday. Oh, just remembered, my first attempt at making a video yesterday. Its a friends 80th birthday and his daughter, in Australia has asked various people to make videos which she will splice together and send to him. Lovely idea, and it was easier to do than I thought. Reused the candles and cakes idea from GS’s birthday and toasted him with a glass of wine- husband looked askance at that since it was only midday but still managed to down it. 

Now hoping this very long post wont be refused.

Highlighted

Happy belated birthday lovewine, sorry not as organised as Rosie, I am glad you had a lovely day and received some thoughtful gifts. All well here no change I have a backlog of mask making to do and ED has got through the latest upset split from OH again, I have been supportive without offering advice unless asked directly 🤐 Keep well all ladies xx

Highlighted

Hello ladies , Rosie I am impressed you remembered my birthday 😀thankyou for the best wishes ! Have had a very nice day with flowers , cards , chocolates and a lovely stone Chinese lantern for my garden from ES and DIL and a wind spinner from YS and a new kindle from OH . 
I hope everyone is ok and keeping well 😊.

Highlighted

😀🍷🎂🎉🎈

Happy Birthday!

Lovewine! X

Hope you have a good day!