62937members
330872posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Joan so pleased that the news wasn’t as bad as you had feared! It’s obviously been caught early! Now enjoy your New Year celebrations and get that new iPad! X

Joan I am so pleased to hear the results of your scan, of course you would rather not have it at all but this is so much better than it could have been, I think it counts as good news. 

Got the CT results this morning - the cancer hasn't spread beyond the bowel which is great news and so much better than I was fearing and almost expecting. So it's a question now of getting a date for surgery, which should be sometime in January and of course the appts leading up to that.  So going to be a busy January. Must remember to do my tax return!

Rosie, good you know what it is but I don't think there is anything they can do about a viral infection, is there, other than just treating the symptoms. so I hope it soon clears up. 

My i-pad now seems to have given up completely, which is a great nuisance. 

Community Champion

It’s viral! 😒
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your business and your home! 😢 You both did very well to go forward with 2 young children and start again. Can completely understand why you are not keen on this time of year! You should feel very proud of what you have achieved for you and your 2 sons.
I am with you on the making of new year resolutions mine were usually with dieting! 😳
As I type I am holding on the appointments line at the doctors surgery as I am still no better! Yes got one at 9.50am ! 👍
Joan glad you all enjoyed the Borrowers you will feel better when you know what the outcome of your CT scan. It’s always worse waiting for results! We all hope that it will not be as bad as you are fearing! Whatever the outcome continue with your plans for tonight don’t let it get the better of you!
Cassie and Wildpurl hope you both enjoyed Christmas.
Once again ladies my wish for you all is health and happiness! 🥂🎊🎉2019 Bring it on! 😌

No wonder you dislike Xmas Lovewine, what a devastating experience to go through, and with two young children as well.  It says a lot about your resilience as a couple to have survived that. 

Rosie, glad MIL wasnt upset by the scan. I expect it will be a while before she gets the results though. You certainly seem to have picked up a nasty bug; it does sound like you might need to go to the doc. I hope you manage to enjoy your NY celebration. 

The Borrowers was very good and enjoyed by both children and adults. I was in rather a black mood yesterday morning so it did a good job of cheering me up. We wont be on GC duty now till Wednesday. Spending NYE with the couple we go to the theatre at Stratford with, unless the news tomorrow is so bad I cant face it, or place them in a difficult position. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, to be honest i am glad the festivies are nearly over , i know i am a bit of a misery when it comes to Christmas 🤨, i like Christmas day but thats all, i have disliked it for over 25 years, mainly when our 2 boys were babies and it was the recession of the early 90’s which saw interest rates at 15%, We had a very succesful garden design and landscape business and a very nice victorian house with a lovely lifestyle, sadly our business was secured on our house- so when the bank called in our business loan our house went with it ! There followed several years of moving from one rented house to another, we actually moved into the first one 2 days before Christmas with nothing left to buy presents with-  have disliked Christmas ever since😒,  i suppose thats why i am now a workaholic as i cant bear to be in that position again .

Rosie, i am glad MIL is upbeat and seems ok, how lovely to have all got together , it is hard these days to coordinate families as we are all so spread out these days! Expect it was hard to say good to ES and family, but the months fly past and holidays will be here before we know it, enjoy your new years eve, we dont really bother going out, may get a nice meal from marks and spencer and watch t.v - really know how to live it up here☺️

Joan, i hope you havent got much longer to wait for your results, at least you managed to put your worries aside a little with Christmas, are you doing anything for New year?

As Rosie said, A happy and healthy new year to you all , with special thoughts of you Joan💐.

I am working tomorrow , then having my hair cut in the afternoon, no new years resolutions from me as i never stick to them!

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I think you need to treat yourself to a new IPad you deserve it! I am glad to hear that you managed to have an enjoyable Christmas! What a nightmare to have to look after GC on Christmas Eve! 😳 Hope you all enjoyed The Borrowers. I do hope that you hear from the nurse tomorrow!
Mil didn’t seem phased by her CT scan and certainly was full of the joys of spring at the family get together!
It isn’t a cold I have, I had aching shoulders accompanied by a temperature which I still have and now I have swollen glands in my neck and feel lethargic. This is my 4th day so feeling fed up! Will have to see if I can get to a doctor if it continues! 😬
ES returned to Calais last night and faces a long final day of driving back home to Nancy.
I think it will be August before we see them again unless we manage to get a motorhome trip over to France Easter time. 🤔
Lovewine I noticed some pink blossom on some trees yesterday!😯
DD says they have the cream eggs and mini eggs out in the shops! 🙀
Have you managed to get your boiler sorted yet? We are due for a cold snap so hopefully you have! 😱
Has anyone got anything planned for New Year’s Eve? It’s always a bitter sweet experience I find! We are going up to our friends upstairs as they are on the 4th floor and we should get a good view of fireworks!
Whatever you are doing ladies I wish you all a happy, healthy New Year, especially you Joan! 🥂🍾🎉🎊

Wildpurl, just realised I missed you out. Hope you had a good Xmas, albeit with its inevitable sad thoughts and you are getting in some relaxation in alongside clearing your loft.

Sorry not to have been in touch over Xmas, family staying until Boxing Day, then unexpectedly having to look after GCn yesterday, plus my i-pad playing up so internet access unpredictable. I think I may have to buy a new one. 

Rosie, what a shame about your cold, hope it clears up soon and it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the big family get-together.You are certainly having a very hectic Xmas. And family health worries too with your niece's little boy and MIL i hope the baby is now home and that MIL’s scan wasnt a distressing exoerience for her. It does seem a lot to put a very old lady through but I suppose, if it is confirmed, and hopefully it wont  be, it will be a question of them deciding how to manage it. 

Lovewine, what a time for your boiler to break down. At least the weather was quite mild and you had the log burner to give you one cosy room. Hope it is sorted now. How lovely to get a surprise anniversary present, and such a nice one too. Hope the workload isnt too horrendous, though I imagine it will be. 

Cassie, hope you have had an enjoyable Xmas. It is lovely to have someone else in charge of Xmas lunch though I expect you had to do quite a bit of preparation for Boxing Day. How is EB doing?

We had a very enjoyable Xmas and I managed to keep the dark thoughts at bay most of the time. YD produced a delicious lunch and the children were thrilled with their presents. Xmas Eve was rather trying, we had volunteered to look after the GCn who were absolute horrors, spending most of the time squabbling over the most ridiculous things. Even the threat that Father Xmas might miss out their house only brought a temporary respite. Today we are on our own for the first time. Should have been going out to a restaurant for  dinner with friends but she has a tummy upset so we have decided to go on our own, something we rarely do. Tomorrow we are taking GCn and parents to see The Borrowers at the theatre and Sunday have friends coming for coffee. Hopefully Monday I will hear from the nurse. 

Community Champion

Good Morning Lovewine what a nuisance that your boiler broke on Christmas Eve. How lovely that OH gave you some pearl earrings, congratulations on your anniversary!
We returned from Newcastle last night. It was a very busy Christmas with a houseful even though DH and I slept in the motorhome! YGS has a very runny nose and cough and no one got much sleep in the house,😬
I have returned with a fever and a thick throat that made gurling noises in the night and I thought it was going to choke me!🙀 I am taking paracetamol for the temperature! Today we are meeting up at MIL’s community centre for a big family get together in Stourbridge. ES and family are going on their way enroute back to Dover tomorrow. We are all staying over at the Premier Inn in Stourbridge. DH has 2 sisters with family and a brother who is close by and they all have children! There will be nearly 30 adults and children!🙀 We are all taking items for the buffet. DD is driving down with the children, SIL is working today. YS and family are coming up form Plymouth. We could have driven back to Worcester but the family are all staying over and having breakfast! At least DH will be able to have a drink safely as Premier Inn is 10 mins walk from community centre!
I am going to have to keep my distance from vulnerable family members! I am so disappointed I was looking forward to this family gathering we don’t often get everyone together in one place as we are so big now!😬
Joan hopefully you managed to enjoy Christmas and put everything else to one side for a few days! I really admire you looking after your GC I find it very tiring especially ES’s 3 year old!😬 He speaks some English very well but obviously more French which is challenging I can pick out an odd word or phrase. DD’s children were very patient with him!
Cassie and Wildpurl hope you both had an enjoyable Christmas with family members?

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , hope you all had a lovely Christmas .
We had a lovely day apart from late Christmas Eve our boiler decided to break down - we have a log burner but that only heats the living room ... Christmas Day OH and ES did get it running again for the short term anyway 🙄.
Christmas Eve was our pearl wedding anniversary and I had a beautiful pair of pearl drop earrings - I was quite surprised as we generally don’t bother with gifts .
I returned to work yesterday and am quite busy today too .. YS is here until Sunday and then he visits his friends for new year in Stratford and then comes here until the 3rd /4th. OH is going to the Bonsai Nursery today with ES.
Rosie when do you return back South ? Hope you had a lovely time with the family .
Cassie how nice to have Christmas lunch at EDs too . - lovely when someone else cooks !
Joan , how are you ? Hope you could put things out of your mind a little over the last few days .
Wildpurl , enjoy your last few days off work too!
When I fed the birds in our garden yesterday I noticed daffodils coming up ! Also the birds have started singing much earlier in the morning !!
Community Champion

Merry Christmas ladies!
I hope you all have a lovely time surrounded by those you love!
ES and DIL and YGS arrived last night and we had a meal with the at the Premier Inn. I took a book, Mog’s Christmas to amuse GS with! He loved the bit where Mog fell down the chimney!🤣
They are travelling with us in the motorhome up to Newcastle today to DD’s!
Lovewine hopefully you will be happy with your online purchases when they arrive!🤔
BCH are pleased with our niece’s little boy’s progress and he will hopefully be allowed home today!😊
Cassie I do hope that you won’t be too busy today and good luck with your cooking! Enjoy a little tipple with it!😉 Have a good day at ED’s tomorrow!
Joan enjoy your family time put everything else in a box until after Christmas!
Wildpurl hope you are coping with a houseful?
Merry Christmas! 🥂🎅🏽🌲

Good Morning Ladies,

The Carols by Candlelight concert was very beautiful and uplifting we really enjoyed it. ED has invited YD and myself and also EB for dinner tomorrow which will be lovely and then they all come to me for boxing day.

GS is doing well in school enjoying it as far as I know, he was upset at the prospect of loosing 2-3 teachers over the Christmas break and is a little apprehensive about the replacements.

I am sure today will be as busy as any Monday at work but hopefully no incidents and will pass quickly.

Lots of cooking planned for this evening,

Merry Christmas Ladies x

Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Rosie have a safe journey up to DDs today , expect it will be very busy - I share your dislike of motorways , in fact mine borders on a phobia , has done for about 20 years - give me spiders and snakes anyday, but a motorway sends me into a panic !😬 I am sorry to hear MILs news , I hope she isn’t too distressed by the scans etc today .Also your nieces little baby is back with his family by now .
I made use of the early Sales online yesterday and also in our local town , managed to get some nice cardigans from White Stuff , a blue one and a cream one and also a pretty t shirt with cats on / part of the money goes to Battersea dogs home too.

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas , Wildpurl thinking of you and your family dealing with the loss of your DD.

Joan , you too , I hope you are not waiting too long for your results and treatment can be in place soon .

Cassie , I hope your family will be around you too at Christmas and GS is doing ok ?

Rosie , How lovely to have ES and YGS and DIL visiting - enjoy your family time too😊

We have ES and DIL here Christmas Day , all going down to my sisters in the afternoon. Which will be lovely .

Merry Christmas ladies and to all lovely ladies on the forum and the wonderful moderators too😊🎄
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Wow a full house yesterday, lovely to hear from you all! 😊
Cassie at least you are being appreciated for the tasks you do. I am sorry that you are having to work so late on Christmas Eve and hope that it will be quiet!
Wildpurl you will certainly have a houseful by the time all your guests arrive and then time to relax! I hope they will all help out! 🤔
Joan it sounds like your are keeping busy it will be lovely to have the family but do make sure that they help you! At least YD is doing Christmas Day.
Lovewine how lovely to have YS home for a good spell! Bless the dogs I bet he was happy to see them too!😀 Ha ha they are never too old for a stocking if they are home for Christmas!😆
One of our nieces had a little boy 4 days ago and he is now in Birmingham Children’s hospital they thought he had a twisted gut, but now thought to be a milk intolerance! They are keeping him under surveillance for a couple of days. She has 2 girls 6 and 3. Her sister, DH’s brother YD died in BCH when she was 5, so not a good experience for either of them! I do hope the little lad will be home for Christmas! She must have been going out of her mind when he was rushed off in a ambulance!🙀
We went to see MIL yesterday afternoon and BIL came over whist we were there to fill us in! MIL is being screened for bowel cancer and has to have a CT scan on Christmas Eve! Quite frankly I don’t know why they would do this to a 92 year old! Surely it’s best nature takes its course at this age? She still lives by herself and manages quite well but we can see the deterioration each time we visit.
On a more cheerful note ES starts his journey from France today and will be here tomorrow afternoon! 😃 We are then all travelling to Newcastle on Christmas Eve!
I am meeting my sister for coffee today. This afternoon we are going upstairs for a drink with our friends and meeting their son who has been working out in Cyprus!
Good luck everyone with final preparations!

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Rosie, good you arrived safely and without incident , unlike the poor people affected by the chaos at Gatwick, how awful for people .glad you got your pasties too!

Cassie, your week does sound very stressful, at least you are appreciated though by some people which is nice, i have had lots of presents and wine from my clients which makes me feel good.Hope Christmas eve isnt too bad for you.

Joan, you sound like you are in for a busy few days which is good, well done on the soups and hams too. It will be nice for you to have Christmas dinner cooked for you.

Wildpurl, i think you have the best of both worlds having the family until Christmas eve and then having time to yourself! Even clearing out the loft ☺️.

I collected YS from Rugby train station this afternoon, the traffic in the town was horrendous, gridlocked around the station, made it though on time, took the two dogs with me onto the platform and they were shaking with excitement waiting for YS to appear off the train😊. He is home until 30 th december and then visits some friends at Stratford for new year and maybe rejoins us again for a couple of days after that.
I have done my wrapping i think , i was going to abandon YSs Christmas stocking this year- its one his grandma made when he was a toddler , but his disappointed face means i will have to dig it out and fill it with sweets , satsuma and chocolate coins!!

Good luck ladies with the last minute preparations!

Rosie, how fortunate you werent flying into Gatwick. What a nightmare.  Cassie, what a shame you are having to work Xmas Eve and that youve had such a difficult week. Nice though that you’ve had those  signs of appreciation. Hope the hamper has lots of lovely goodies ti enjoy over Xmas. Glad your Dads cataract operation went so smoothly Lovewine, I had one eye done a few years ago and it was anazing the difference it made not only to the sharpness of vision but to colours. Wildpurl, it sounds like you will have a busy few days but then time to wind down. Clearing out the loft doesnt sound very relaxing but probably very therapeutic. 

I think I may have misled you ladies about the biopsy results. It wasnt that the samples they were able to take from me were too small, apparently thus applies to any bowel cancer because the biopsy has to be done internally they can only take small amounts. 

Good luck with all your Xmas preparations ladies. I cooked two hams this morning and made a couple of soups. Presents at last all wrapped. ED and partner arrive tomorrow, YD and family will come across for lunch on Sunday, then we shall look after the children on Xmas, finishing with a Christingle service. YD is doing Xmas Day. After Boxing Day we shall be on our own although I expect we shall be having the GC quite a bit over the holidays.  

Morning ladies, rosie I am glad you got back safely and bet you were pleased with your decision to fly to Bristol!

Joan it is good news insofar as it can be that this is a new primary and not a secondary. I would also take it as reasonably positive that they were not able to get a large enough sample to grade it! It sounds as if it has been caught early. I do hope you will be able to enjoy the festive season with your family and not worry too much.

i hope in fact that you all have a peaceful and happy festive season. My DS and GF arrived last night, as did my younger stepson. They are all here until Christmas Eve, and elder stepson arrives on Sunday. It will be a busy time but enjoyable with everyone here and then we will have the time from Christmas to the New Year to ourselves, which will be peaceful and I am also looking forward to that. We are planning to clear our loft!

Hello Ladies,

Yep your right Rosie I will be working up until 5pm on Christmas Eve, it has been a complete nightmare this week soooo busy IT problems with Docman again meant a backlog of approx 600 documents arrived all at once mainly from UCH and checking if they were duplicates or not before workflowing to the GP's was so time consuming plus worrying as a few went back to Feb, unbelivable! I had nobody to help as other staff were off on leave and also felt pressured to help with a couple of audits. The docman workflow is not really even my job but I feel responsible and have not had the time to train other staff sufficiently.

Rosie glad the journey was straight forward and I hope you enjoyed your pasty, yum. Our Christmas party at work has been postponed because not enough staff could attend. I had a couple of nice surprises today though firstly my manager phoned to say she had two tickets for a candlelit carol service at the Barbican Hall on Sunday afternoon if I would like them, then sent a driver with them for me. The next nice surprise was an unexpected parcel arrived for me which turned out to be a hamper which was lovely from the company which sent out patient appointment text reminders and any other messages we might like to send, they thanked me for helping to resolve some problems that they have recently encountered.

Lovewine the eye surgery is no less than miraculous when we was a fund holding surgery the consultant from Moorfields held a surgery in our practice saw the patient for a consultation and within a month the surgery was completed at Moorfields. The patients always said they did not know why they had put it off and that it was like a miracle that they could see clearly again.

Joan I hope that you are keeping well and that you manage to enjoy Christmas with your family.

Wildpurl I am also thinking of you

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
We arrived safely last night after a 5 hour flight! 😞
Joan I am so sorry that you are having to wait so long for the CT results and that they hadn’t got a large enough sample to stage and grade the suspected cancer! Not nice with this hanging over you over the festive period. As Lovewine said I do hope that you aren’t entertaining the family this Christmas and that they will look after you?
Lovewine what an amazing procedure that your dad had yesterday! So glad that went so well! Hope you enjoyed your curry night last night! We got our traditional pasties from Temple Meads!😋 The journey was much easier, straight out of the airport onto the Flyer to the station and 40 min wait direct train to Worcester home by 10.30pm.
What a palaver at Gatwick with the flying of drones this morning! 😡 We have a number of staff and families hoping to return to Gatwick today! 😬
Cassie when do you finish, I hope it’s not Christmas Eve?
Wildpurl it must be a difficult time of year for you facing the second Christmas without your DD, are you going to your DS’s?
This morning we are going to see our friends that live near Worcester for coffee as they are off on a Christmas cruise tomorrow on the ship we went to Norway on! 😬They are heading down to the Canaries but have to cross the Bay of Biscay! 😖
Then we need to get some supplies in and fetch Christmas tree out of store! We got a bargain in the Dunelm sale in January!

Community Champion

Sorry pressed too soon!
Dad did very well at the eye hospital and was home by lunchtime having had his cataract removed and a new lens put in , he said it was totally painless and quick.😊
Community Champion

Good evening ladies. Joan, sorry you have not had much more information yet, hopefully it wont be too long, an awful feeling though waiting for results, i can tell you though a very good friend of mine and client had a very aggressive womb cancer when she was 50 and then bowel cancer 3 years ago totally seperate to the first one, she is in her 70 ‘S now and very healthy with no problems relating to either of the cancers, what awful bad luck though . What are you doing for Christmas? Hopefully not having to cook yourself! Having the grandchildren around will be a welcome distraction too.

Rosie, i think by now you are airborne 😏, enjoy the pasty, OH likes the steak one and i like the Stilton ones🤪. At least the weather isnt as wet and windy as it was earlier in the week.

Cassie, i hope ED is coping with her recent loss , will she be coming to you for Christmas? Always difficult when you are facing problems and not feeling particularly festive , i always feel sorry for people who are bereaved or homeless etc.

Wildpurl, i think you have finished now, hope you can have some well earned rest.

Getting ready to go out for our curry night now, am getting quite hungry too!

Thanks for all your good wishes and hugs. I think my last post must have gone adrift because I’m sure I told you about the biopsy results, which I had on Monday. However brain a bit scrambled at the moment. I”, not a great deal further forward because with bowel cancer they apparently cant find out grade and stage because the samples are so small. However one bit of good news, I think, is that it is bowel cancer, not metastasized breast cancer. The CT scan on Monday went fine, except for getting the cannula in for the dye, which took several attempts. The Macmillan nurse is going to keep an eye out for the results but its likely to be in the New Year rather than before Xmas. Trying to keep myself busy in order not to think about it all. Xmas helps. 

Lovewine, hope all has gone smoothly with your dads op and that you get to your dog walking and curry night. Rosie, youve got a good day for your flight, thank goodness it wasnt yesterday when we had high winds and torrential rain around Bristol. Hope you get your pasty. Xmas is always going to be a rather bittersweet time for you I guess, because of the anniversary of your dads death but a time for happy memories too. Cassie, youve had a busy time getting ready for Xmas, no wonder you fell asleep on the sofa. Wildpurl, I imagine your preparations are well in hand by now too, 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies from a very stormy Cyprus! Not the weather for taking off in! 🙀
The rain on the way to the theatre last night was torrential, thank goodness that I wasnt driving! The students did very well but it was very long, it started at 6.00 and finished at 9.00 with a 15 min interval! We hadn’t eaten luckily,I had 2 pizzas in the freezer so we had those! It was too late to sit and wait for food as DH had some loose ends to tie! 😬
Lovewine you will be glad to go out in the evening for your curry night after your busy week! Hope all goes smoothly today for your dad.I found out online that the Pasty Shop at Temple Meads is open until 9.00pm !🤪👍
Joan I too have been wondering how you are?🤔
Next post from much nearer to you all unless we get a delay due to the storms. We fly at 3.00pm and the storms are due to stop at 2pm! 😳 I think the airport will be busy with a lot of people going back for Christmas!

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan, i have been thinking of you . 

Have been so busy with work which is what I expected this week. Dad tomorrow too at the hospital for his cataract operation and then out in the evening with 10 of the dog walking group at our local curry restaurant.

Rosie, i think the pasty shop stays open until the pastys are sold out, i bought some at Bristol and Birmingham towards the end of the day. Have a good trip back, very wet and windy all week forecast.🤨

4 years since your Dad died Rosie, i remember it very clearly, your Eldest GD is growing up fast too.😊

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan we hope that you now have the results of your tests and you are not having to wait any longer for the CT scan results! 😳
By now hopefully OH will be able to resume light duties and that you will both be able to go to GC’s Christmas fetivities.
Today I am having my Christmas nails done and then tonight we have the secondary performance of Peter Pan.
Tomorrow we fly to Bristol this time, so not as far to travel onwards on the train!
Lovewine I don’t suppose you have any idea what time the pasty store closes at the station? 🤔😂🤪 There are some foods we miss when we are out of the country!
Yesterday was 4 years since dad died!😥Today oldest GD is 17! 😯
Lovewine hope all goes well with your dad’s procedure tomorrow.
Cassie they use Zavania to rub on baby’s gums when they are teeething! It has many uses one of course being the local tipple!
Onward and Upward ladies!

Community Champion

Joan . Just a quick message before I go off to work .. will be thinking of you today and sending you a hug . 💐

Good morning ladies,

It looks sunny and bright outside at the moment which a relief from yesterday, the awful wind and driving rain and so dull after the blue sky's abroad. I have been busy on Friday I went out for some shopping and to pick up some more Christmas cards I wrote them out on my return and calculated how many more stamps I needed, promptly went out and posted all of the ones that are not for close family and work, there are about 40 so its a good job done. I then went off and did a little bit of food shopping again came home made some tea and fell asleep on the sofa for an hour and a half. I managed to sleep in yesterday morning until 9.58 which is not like me, I usually awake in the early hours and force myself to stay put till 7ish.

I met up with ED briefly for a cup of tea and a chat yesterday morning, she seems ok but obviously will be more relived when she has the next scan. When  I got back I put our Christmas tree up and put the lights on and a great speed put the decorations on YD just surfaced at this point she had been to one of her works Christmas parties the night before and I did not hear her return, goodness only knows what time it was.

My ex next door neighbour invited me to dinner before I went off on holiday, so that was very nice she lives in Palmers Green which is a bit of a palaver bus then train, they kindly gave me a lift back about 10.15 last night.

I will probably meet for a dog walk shortly, so yes ladies it's been busy.

I had looked up the Zavania had a little chuckle I saw that it is a local brandy 45% so I guess its the alcohol that stops the itch, only one or two still itching now though, so they are nearly recovered.

Have a good day ladies

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!
Joan Zavania is a traditional Cyprus tipple I will have a look when I am back in the supermarket! I don’t see why they wouldn’t sell it.
I am pleased that OH hernia repair was so easy that’s one thing behind you! I am glad that your CT scan has come through quickly let’s hope they have the results for tomorrow.
I am pleased that YD offered to drive you and go with you! 😊 We are all behind you stay positive!
Lovewine enjoy your family party this afternoon and catching up with family members! 🥳🥂
The weather was wonderful for the Christmas Fair on Friday after the heavy rain we experienced in the morning! It was all outside and dry and sunny. 😃😎
Yesterday was also lovely and today is also 22 and sunny! Storms returning tomorrow! 😏
DH and I went to the Chinese restaurant on Coral Bay yesterday evening and there was only us and another couple there. Coral Bay was very quiet with most bars and restaurants now shut. The Chinese said they were closing on Jan 2nd until March 1st!
Cassie and Wildpurl I expect that you are having a busy weekend?
Joan wishing you all the very best for today and tomorrow! 🌻
Community Champion

Hello ladies, Cassie, what a shame about your start to the holiday, always seems to be the way when you get a chance to relax. Glad you had some nice warm weather  though. Sorry to hear  about ED, hope she is coping ok both physically and emotionally, very tough for her.

Joan, at least the CT scan is fairly quick , i am keeping everything crossed for you , hope you dont have to wait too long for the results, i know you are going back on monday, would the results be ready then ?

Good OH is doing well after his procedure, hope you have a more restful night tonight, although i suspect you wont with the worry of scan etc.

The weather is awful here today, bitterly cold wind and sleet with freezing rain, i had some work to deliver so i made sure i did it first thing this morning.

We have a big family party tomorrow afternoon at my cousins house- all the elderly aunts,cousins, etc, be nice to catch up with them all.

Rosie, i hope the weather stayed dry for the  school fair and everyone enjoyed it.

Wildpurl, i think you are about to finish work for Christmas very soon, bet you are ready for a break by now.

Sorry to hear about ED Cassie, she does seem to have had more than her fair share of difficulties. And what a shame about the health problems you and YD had on holiday, Cassie, not the way you want to start, but it sounds as if you managed to have a good time in spite of it all. I sympathise about the mozzi bites, they love me too. Rosie, can you get the stuff you mentioned in England? 

All went well with husbands hernia op and he seems to be fine although neither of us had much sleep last night. DK why because he wasnt in any discomfort. He had it in an NHS treatment centre which just seems to do certain procedures -and nothing where complications are expected. All very impressive. My CT scan is tomorrow, so all very expeditious. YD offered to drive me, and although there is no reason why Icant drive myself it will be nice not to have to do so. Just hope I’m not too long. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Oh dear Joan you could have done without having to be a nurse to OH this weekend following his hernia repair! I am sorry that you can’t have a theatre day maybe next week? As you say you can get some Christmas organisation done and look forward to seeing the GC in their productions next week.
Cassie I am sorry to hear that you and YD experienced some minor health problems but glad you managed to enjoy some days.
We use Zavania for our bites it is very good for stopping the itching and it’s less than 3 euros a bottle here! 😏
Sorry to hear the news of ED also! Hope that GS is well?
This afternoon it is our Christmas Fair at school and the sky is black!😟We are usually very lucky and have a warm sunny day! It’s organised by the parents association. All the pupils are invited to wear Chrismassy clothes for a donation of 2 euros which will go to the children’s hospital in Nicosia.
Joan do hope that all goes well with OH’s procedure.

Hello Ladies,

The holiday was good but not without mishap, we got back on Tues at midnight and like a trouper I went into work Weds morning, I had booked the day off but prefer to work and have my usual long weekend instead.

Both YD and myself had some minor health issues YD went away with a slightly swollen eye lid which quickly got worse and looked like she had been in a boxing ring, a trip to the doctor was needed for stronger antihistamines and steroid tablets. After day three it spread to the other eye when the first started to recover, she will try to claim on the insurance but was not sure of her excess but we will see. Me on the other hand got violently sick the day after we arrived which lasted over 24 hours and then it took another 24 hours to recover and manage to eat again, it could only have been some bug or airplane food because I had only eaten a toasted cheese sandwich on the day we arrived because we were shattered and went to bed early!

Apart from the minor health problems it was a lovely holiday very relaxing sunny 28-30 degrees with a nice sea breeze the mosquitoes made a bit of a meal of me at least 25 bites which I really cannot deal with they are so itchy, weepy and disgusting to look at. The itching is beginning to abate now thank goodness.

It looks like ED has had another ectopic miscarriage bless her they are not sure she has had scans and blood test but needs to have it all repeated in 2 weeks which is hanging over her for Christmas which is not nice.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts ladies. I’m trying to distract myself by keeping busy- sometimes I even manage to forget about it, then it comes back and hits me. No news yet of the CT scan. The next couple of days are going to be a bit difficult because OH is having a hernia repair tomorrow so I will be doing quite a bit of hanging around then he needs to have me around for the next 24 hours so I’ll be stuck in the house. No theatre visit Rosie, probably Xmas preparations- mince pies, card writing, present wrapping etc. Next week there are GCs xmas events. It seems strange to be thinking of ways to get through the day when usually I’m thinking of how to fit everything in. 

Lovewine, glad you are having a relatively easy week before the expected onslaught next week. Wildpurl, you have obviously been very busy at work. Hope things have calmed down now so you can have a bit of a breather before all the Xmas preparations. Cassie, how was your holiday?

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan we all continue to uphold you in our thoughts as you await the results. Hopefully you will have a theatre visit planned for the weekend with maybe a pre show meal that you can partake in this weekend after last weekends resticted bland diet?
Lovewine I am glad that at least this week isn’t turning out too busy for you.
Cassie I am not sure if you have returned from warmer climates or if you are still enjoying them?
Wildpurl I think you said you finish work soon for the Christmas break?
Last nights performance was much more tuneful! When the children appear on stage we realise just how many pupils we have! They are bursting out of the old building but it’s unlikely to be the spring before we can get the first pupils in the new building!😬
It will be a relief to have an evening in tonight. We had to eat out the previous 2 nights as the first performance on each evening started at 5.30 the second following at 6.45! By the time we were out it was after 8pm- too late to return and cook!😬 We went to the restaurant next to the new school site and had a selection of starters the first night and last night we went to the Chip shop on coral bay! Very unhealthy but great comfort food!🤪

Hello Ladies,

Sorry to hear the news Joan, what can I say that has not been already said by the other ladies, I will be thinking of you.

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan i have been thinking of you today, i hope you are coping with the awful waiting and worrying, i hope you dont have to wait long for the CT scan .

Wildpurl, i loved your photograph of your beautiful snood, how talented you are.

Rosie, there always seems to be one child singing much louder than the rest at school productions! Hope tonight’s performance is a little quieter.

Have been fairly quiet today,  next week though is looking full on. 

Take care ladies, especially you Joan , like Rosie i am still reeling from your news , so goodness knows how you must be feeling - although i have a good idea.💐

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I think we are all reeling about your news and hoping it will be a quick fix and not a spread! We can only imagine how anxious you and the family must feel waiting for the news next Monday! I do hope that they will get you in for a CT scan very soon, like before Monday, so you will at least be in receipt of all the information! The worst part of this is undoubtedly worrying about the results and what if any the treatment is likely to be. Hopefully family and friends will rally round over the next few worrying days to provide some distraction!
You would have been distracted last night at our EY performance where one little girl was singing in a very loud shouty voice and stole the show!🤭
We have the upper Primary show tonight. I can’t help feeling thankful that I no longer have to take responsibility of these performances and can just sit and enjoy them! 😀
It’s a very windy day here today and I can hear the sea roaring away!🙀

Very sorry to hear this news, Joan, and sending hugs and positive wishes also. As rosie says, I hope the results show things not as bad as they might seem.

Community Champion

Joan I too have just read your post. I do hope that the CT scan will be clear and the biopsy result not as bad as feared! We are all here for you stay strong!
💐xx
Community Champion

Joan, i have just read your post and i wanted to say i feel for you and am sending you a big hug , i dont know what else to say as i know nothing helps right now, but you are in my thoughts . 💐

Not good news, unfortunately, ladies. The colonoscopy yesterday showed 'a lesion which looks like cancer'.  They did a biopsy but to be honest that is not really about confirming the diagnosis, more about identifying the grade and stage - I guess we all remember that. Also presumably to see if this is metastasied BC or a new invasion. It's been expedited so should have the results next Monday. I also have to have a CT scan to check for spread. As you can imagine I'm not in a ggod place today. Hey-ho for a merry Xmas. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I do hope that all went well yesterday and that now you can enjoy the run up to Christmas without further medical procedures!
Thanks Wildpurl obviously we want to include all 5 of us!
Wow love your land of sweets cowl you are very talented! 😊
Lovewine have you managed to catch you uninvited visitor?
I don’t know why but I thought the 19th was on Friday!🤭 Silly me we are flying on the 19th and I know it is next Wednesday! Sometimes I have a brain like a sieve!😳
DH is swinging from grumpy mood to grumpy mood and everyone and everything is annoying him!The trouble is he reacts to situations without fully understanding the detail!😬
We had a burst of very heavy rain overnight and it was quite windy. DH had to go out and move some of the patio furniture! If it’s not moved it can end up in the pool!🙀
I have been taking food for a stray thin dog much to our dogs disgust! We are very near the Akamas Peninsular where the hunters go with their dogs! Some dogs get left behind if they are no longer useful!😢 I have encountered a number since we have been here. Some of them I am wary of when they are very large! They are mainly scared dogs who won’t get too close! The one I am taking food to won’t eat it until I have moved away! I met another lady I see quite often out with her dog and she has given it food also! at least they can get water this time of year from puddles! It a large and growing problem here! Last week when DH went to Nicosia he had one run out in front of him across the motorway!🙀 Fortunately the motorway here is only a double carriageway and is much quieter than UK ones. It links Paphos to Limassol and Nicosia. You never get queuing traffic outside of the towns and hardly ever accidents as the volume of traffic is so low. It always scares me when we hit the motorway in the UK! I hate the smart motorways with 4 lanes!🙀
Have a good day ladies!

Rosie the first thing I did was to go and check for the 2019 date, but annoyingly they have not announced it. They do move it around from year to year but it is always in July. I will keep checking and confirm as soon as I can. For now 20th July 2019 is in my calendar as the date of the meet up.

Here is one of my projects, Lovewine, it is called Land of Sweets cowl and it is designed to be made with leftover small amounts of yarn. It was fun to knit and is very warm and cosy when the air con at work is blowing down the back of my neck!

2D3AD490-61A0-4D15-A9C0-1F54147AC8B9.jpeg

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Joan I hope all is well today and you can put your mind at rest , will be thinking of you .💐
Rosie I expect it is flat out at school at the moment , I certainly will be this week but next week will be worse , I take dad on the 19th 😯,.
Well I have a visitor in my kitchen 🐭, think it’s only one and it’s s very adventurous one too , because we have had a lot of rain they do come off the fields and try and warm up 🙄, despite having a cat and 2 dogs it’s havivg a lovely time !! Thankfully it can’t get in my food cupboards as they are sealed and built in , am going to pick up a humane trap today and evict him !
Cassie I hope you had a lovely week in the sunshine !
Wildpurl , sounds like you are busy as always , would love to see some photos of your knitting projects .
Have a good week ladies 😊
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan wishing you all the best today you will be glad to get back home and be able to eat your usual food!
Lovewine I expect it will be another busy week for you ending with your dad’s operation.
Cassie I think you are on holiday now and hopefully enjoying the warmer weather and relaxation.
Wildpurl if you could let us know when your village rock festival is it would help me as I have restricted time in the UK available and have to organise our time efficiently!
Are you knitting projects for Christmas?
Hope the week starts well for you all.
Ours is packed with school Christmas performances!

Good evening everyone,

it has been very wet and windy here today but we are due some brighter and colder weather soon. I have been frantically busy at work for a few weeks and last weekend OH and I flew to Glasgow to stay with his sister. We met up with her and her family and their Dad, as a surprise for his 88th birthday, and had a very enjoyable if tiring weekend. 

I have finally begun Christmas shopping and only have a few things to get now, I am designing my labels so will wrap everything next week.

I have of course lots of knitting projects on the go and am trying to find the time to do a bit of sewing as well. I am looking forward to finishing work in a couple of weeks for the Christmas break. 

I'm glad your mammo was clear Lovewine, I hope your procedure goes OK joan and not too stressful. Hope you have a lovely holiday Cassie.

I saw a date proposed for the next meetup, it should be OK for me unless it conflicts with our village rock festival. I will check and let you know

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine I wondered if you would have started the onslaught of Christmas linen! 😬
I used to use a wipe clean tablecloth and splashed out on a pack of Christmas paper napkins! 😂 I haven’t done Christmas for a number of people since all the kids left home! BIL is cooking this year! DD will have a wipe clean cloth for sure!😉🥳 (just found that new emoji!)

Enjoy coffee with your friend!🍰☕️
I sorted out the disgruntled teacher, for now anyway! Things always get a bit stressful this time of year! She is the one with 8 dogs and lives in the hills and is finding it cold! She does have some heating in her property but is waiting for the landlord to show her how to use it! Some evenings we have to use the heat setting on the A/C unit! We forget how cold it feels in the properties during the winter months! Stormy days are interspersed with sunny dry days with temperatures around 18-22 although can dip to 16 on rainy dull days! The properties are not insulated and loose heat very quickly, then of course there’s the cold floors!😱
It’s our staff Christmas function tonight and fortunately we don’t have far to go it’s at Cap St George which is very close, last year it was the other side of Paphos!
Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Community Champion

,Good evening ladies, the days are flying past this week, i am getting busier now with the onslaught of tablecloths, napkins and bedding 😬.

Rosie, dad has his cataract surgery on the 19 th December. Hope you sorted out your disgruntled teacher and all is well now! 

I have been trying to declutter gradually this week, on one of the attempts to find the back of the cupboard in the spare room i found my chemo caps i used to wear to sleep in and around the house, it really brought it back and in a strange way it felt like i was looking at another persons experience as I couldn’t quite believe it had happened to me😏, but the hats were a stark reminder! 

Meeting my friend for coffee at 9.30 tomorrow which will  be nice, then i think i may put the Christmas tree up.

Hope everyone is having a good week- especially Cassie on holiday😎.