62219members
327553posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good morning ladies!
Joan we hope that you now have the results of your tests and you are not having to wait any longer for the CT scan results! 😳
By now hopefully OH will be able to resume light duties and that you will both be able to go to GC’s Christmas fetivities.
Today I am having my Christmas nails done and then tonight we have the secondary performance of Peter Pan.
Tomorrow we fly to Bristol this time, so not as far to travel onwards on the train!
Lovewine I don’t suppose you have any idea what time the pasty store closes at the station? 🤔😂🤪 There are some foods we miss when we are out of the country!
Yesterday was 4 years since dad died!😥Today oldest GD is 17! 😯
Lovewine hope all goes well with your dad’s procedure tomorrow.
Cassie they use Zavania to rub on baby’s gums when they are teeething! It has many uses one of course being the local tipple!
Onward and Upward ladies!

Community Champion

Joan . Just a quick message before I go off to work .. will be thinking of you today and sending you a hug . 💐

Good morning ladies,

It looks sunny and bright outside at the moment which a relief from yesterday, the awful wind and driving rain and so dull after the blue sky's abroad. I have been busy on Friday I went out for some shopping and to pick up some more Christmas cards I wrote them out on my return and calculated how many more stamps I needed, promptly went out and posted all of the ones that are not for close family and work, there are about 40 so its a good job done. I then went off and did a little bit of food shopping again came home made some tea and fell asleep on the sofa for an hour and a half. I managed to sleep in yesterday morning until 9.58 which is not like me, I usually awake in the early hours and force myself to stay put till 7ish.

I met up with ED briefly for a cup of tea and a chat yesterday morning, she seems ok but obviously will be more relived when she has the next scan. When  I got back I put our Christmas tree up and put the lights on and a great speed put the decorations on YD just surfaced at this point she had been to one of her works Christmas parties the night before and I did not hear her return, goodness only knows what time it was.

My ex next door neighbour invited me to dinner before I went off on holiday, so that was very nice she lives in Palmers Green which is a bit of a palaver bus then train, they kindly gave me a lift back about 10.15 last night.

I will probably meet for a dog walk shortly, so yes ladies it's been busy.

I had looked up the Zavania had a little chuckle I saw that it is a local brandy 45% so I guess its the alcohol that stops the itch, only one or two still itching now though, so they are nearly recovered.

Have a good day ladies

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!
Joan Zavania is a traditional Cyprus tipple I will have a look when I am back in the supermarket! I don’t see why they wouldn’t sell it.
I am pleased that OH hernia repair was so easy that’s one thing behind you! I am glad that your CT scan has come through quickly let’s hope they have the results for tomorrow.
I am pleased that YD offered to drive you and go with you! 😊 We are all behind you stay positive!
Lovewine enjoy your family party this afternoon and catching up with family members! 🥳🥂
The weather was wonderful for the Christmas Fair on Friday after the heavy rain we experienced in the morning! It was all outside and dry and sunny. 😃😎
Yesterday was also lovely and today is also 22 and sunny! Storms returning tomorrow! 😏
DH and I went to the Chinese restaurant on Coral Bay yesterday evening and there was only us and another couple there. Coral Bay was very quiet with most bars and restaurants now shut. The Chinese said they were closing on Jan 2nd until March 1st!
Cassie and Wildpurl I expect that you are having a busy weekend?
Joan wishing you all the very best for today and tomorrow! 🌻
Community Champion

Hello ladies, Cassie, what a shame about your start to the holiday, always seems to be the way when you get a chance to relax. Glad you had some nice warm weather  though. Sorry to hear  about ED, hope she is coping ok both physically and emotionally, very tough for her.

Joan, at least the CT scan is fairly quick , i am keeping everything crossed for you , hope you dont have to wait too long for the results, i know you are going back on monday, would the results be ready then ?

Good OH is doing well after his procedure, hope you have a more restful night tonight, although i suspect you wont with the worry of scan etc.

The weather is awful here today, bitterly cold wind and sleet with freezing rain, i had some work to deliver so i made sure i did it first thing this morning.

We have a big family party tomorrow afternoon at my cousins house- all the elderly aunts,cousins, etc, be nice to catch up with them all.

Rosie, i hope the weather stayed dry for the  school fair and everyone enjoyed it.

Wildpurl, i think you are about to finish work for Christmas very soon, bet you are ready for a break by now.

Sorry to hear about ED Cassie, she does seem to have had more than her fair share of difficulties. And what a shame about the health problems you and YD had on holiday, Cassie, not the way you want to start, but it sounds as if you managed to have a good time in spite of it all. I sympathise about the mozzi bites, they love me too. Rosie, can you get the stuff you mentioned in England? 

All went well with husbands hernia op and he seems to be fine although neither of us had much sleep last night. DK why because he wasnt in any discomfort. He had it in an NHS treatment centre which just seems to do certain procedures -and nothing where complications are expected. All very impressive. My CT scan is tomorrow, so all very expeditious. YD offered to drive me, and although there is no reason why Icant drive myself it will be nice not to have to do so. Just hope I’m not too long. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Oh dear Joan you could have done without having to be a nurse to OH this weekend following his hernia repair! I am sorry that you can’t have a theatre day maybe next week? As you say you can get some Christmas organisation done and look forward to seeing the GC in their productions next week.
Cassie I am sorry to hear that you and YD experienced some minor health problems but glad you managed to enjoy some days.
We use Zavania for our bites it is very good for stopping the itching and it’s less than 3 euros a bottle here! 😏
Sorry to hear the news of ED also! Hope that GS is well?
This afternoon it is our Christmas Fair at school and the sky is black!😟We are usually very lucky and have a warm sunny day! It’s organised by the parents association. All the pupils are invited to wear Chrismassy clothes for a donation of 2 euros which will go to the children’s hospital in Nicosia.
Joan do hope that all goes well with OH’s procedure.

Hello Ladies,

The holiday was good but not without mishap, we got back on Tues at midnight and like a trouper I went into work Weds morning, I had booked the day off but prefer to work and have my usual long weekend instead.

Both YD and myself had some minor health issues YD went away with a slightly swollen eye lid which quickly got worse and looked like she had been in a boxing ring, a trip to the doctor was needed for stronger antihistamines and steroid tablets. After day three it spread to the other eye when the first started to recover, she will try to claim on the insurance but was not sure of her excess but we will see. Me on the other hand got violently sick the day after we arrived which lasted over 24 hours and then it took another 24 hours to recover and manage to eat again, it could only have been some bug or airplane food because I had only eaten a toasted cheese sandwich on the day we arrived because we were shattered and went to bed early!

Apart from the minor health problems it was a lovely holiday very relaxing sunny 28-30 degrees with a nice sea breeze the mosquitoes made a bit of a meal of me at least 25 bites which I really cannot deal with they are so itchy, weepy and disgusting to look at. The itching is beginning to abate now thank goodness.

It looks like ED has had another ectopic miscarriage bless her they are not sure she has had scans and blood test but needs to have it all repeated in 2 weeks which is hanging over her for Christmas which is not nice.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts ladies. I’m trying to distract myself by keeping busy- sometimes I even manage to forget about it, then it comes back and hits me. No news yet of the CT scan. The next couple of days are going to be a bit difficult because OH is having a hernia repair tomorrow so I will be doing quite a bit of hanging around then he needs to have me around for the next 24 hours so I’ll be stuck in the house. No theatre visit Rosie, probably Xmas preparations- mince pies, card writing, present wrapping etc. Next week there are GCs xmas events. It seems strange to be thinking of ways to get through the day when usually I’m thinking of how to fit everything in. 

Lovewine, glad you are having a relatively easy week before the expected onslaught next week. Wildpurl, you have obviously been very busy at work. Hope things have calmed down now so you can have a bit of a breather before all the Xmas preparations. Cassie, how was your holiday?

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan we all continue to uphold you in our thoughts as you await the results. Hopefully you will have a theatre visit planned for the weekend with maybe a pre show meal that you can partake in this weekend after last weekends resticted bland diet?
Lovewine I am glad that at least this week isn’t turning out too busy for you.
Cassie I am not sure if you have returned from warmer climates or if you are still enjoying them?
Wildpurl I think you said you finish work soon for the Christmas break?
Last nights performance was much more tuneful! When the children appear on stage we realise just how many pupils we have! They are bursting out of the old building but it’s unlikely to be the spring before we can get the first pupils in the new building!😬
It will be a relief to have an evening in tonight. We had to eat out the previous 2 nights as the first performance on each evening started at 5.30 the second following at 6.45! By the time we were out it was after 8pm- too late to return and cook!😬 We went to the restaurant next to the new school site and had a selection of starters the first night and last night we went to the Chip shop on coral bay! Very unhealthy but great comfort food!🤪

Hello Ladies,

Sorry to hear the news Joan, what can I say that has not been already said by the other ladies, I will be thinking of you.

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan i have been thinking of you today, i hope you are coping with the awful waiting and worrying, i hope you dont have to wait long for the CT scan .

Wildpurl, i loved your photograph of your beautiful snood, how talented you are.

Rosie, there always seems to be one child singing much louder than the rest at school productions! Hope tonight’s performance is a little quieter.

Have been fairly quiet today,  next week though is looking full on. 

Take care ladies, especially you Joan , like Rosie i am still reeling from your news , so goodness knows how you must be feeling - although i have a good idea.💐

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I think we are all reeling about your news and hoping it will be a quick fix and not a spread! We can only imagine how anxious you and the family must feel waiting for the news next Monday! I do hope that they will get you in for a CT scan very soon, like before Monday, so you will at least be in receipt of all the information! The worst part of this is undoubtedly worrying about the results and what if any the treatment is likely to be. Hopefully family and friends will rally round over the next few worrying days to provide some distraction!
You would have been distracted last night at our EY performance where one little girl was singing in a very loud shouty voice and stole the show!🤭
We have the upper Primary show tonight. I can’t help feeling thankful that I no longer have to take responsibility of these performances and can just sit and enjoy them! 😀
It’s a very windy day here today and I can hear the sea roaring away!🙀

Very sorry to hear this news, Joan, and sending hugs and positive wishes also. As rosie says, I hope the results show things not as bad as they might seem.

Community Champion

Joan I too have just read your post. I do hope that the CT scan will be clear and the biopsy result not as bad as feared! We are all here for you stay strong!
💐xx
Community Champion

Joan, i have just read your post and i wanted to say i feel for you and am sending you a big hug , i dont know what else to say as i know nothing helps right now, but you are in my thoughts . 💐

Not good news, unfortunately, ladies. The colonoscopy yesterday showed 'a lesion which looks like cancer'.  They did a biopsy but to be honest that is not really about confirming the diagnosis, more about identifying the grade and stage - I guess we all remember that. Also presumably to see if this is metastasied BC or a new invasion. It's been expedited so should have the results next Monday. I also have to have a CT scan to check for spread. As you can imagine I'm not in a ggod place today. Hey-ho for a merry Xmas. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan I do hope that all went well yesterday and that now you can enjoy the run up to Christmas without further medical procedures!
Thanks Wildpurl obviously we want to include all 5 of us!
Wow love your land of sweets cowl you are very talented! 😊
Lovewine have you managed to catch you uninvited visitor?
I don’t know why but I thought the 19th was on Friday!🤭 Silly me we are flying on the 19th and I know it is next Wednesday! Sometimes I have a brain like a sieve!😳
DH is swinging from grumpy mood to grumpy mood and everyone and everything is annoying him!The trouble is he reacts to situations without fully understanding the detail!😬
We had a burst of very heavy rain overnight and it was quite windy. DH had to go out and move some of the patio furniture! If it’s not moved it can end up in the pool!🙀
I have been taking food for a stray thin dog much to our dogs disgust! We are very near the Akamas Peninsular where the hunters go with their dogs! Some dogs get left behind if they are no longer useful!😢 I have encountered a number since we have been here. Some of them I am wary of when they are very large! They are mainly scared dogs who won’t get too close! The one I am taking food to won’t eat it until I have moved away! I met another lady I see quite often out with her dog and she has given it food also! at least they can get water this time of year from puddles! It a large and growing problem here! Last week when DH went to Nicosia he had one run out in front of him across the motorway!🙀 Fortunately the motorway here is only a double carriageway and is much quieter than UK ones. It links Paphos to Limassol and Nicosia. You never get queuing traffic outside of the towns and hardly ever accidents as the volume of traffic is so low. It always scares me when we hit the motorway in the UK! I hate the smart motorways with 4 lanes!🙀
Have a good day ladies!

Rosie the first thing I did was to go and check for the 2019 date, but annoyingly they have not announced it. They do move it around from year to year but it is always in July. I will keep checking and confirm as soon as I can. For now 20th July 2019 is in my calendar as the date of the meet up.

Here is one of my projects, Lovewine, it is called Land of Sweets cowl and it is designed to be made with leftover small amounts of yarn. It was fun to knit and is very warm and cosy when the air con at work is blowing down the back of my neck!

2D3AD490-61A0-4D15-A9C0-1F54147AC8B9.jpeg

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Joan I hope all is well today and you can put your mind at rest , will be thinking of you .💐
Rosie I expect it is flat out at school at the moment , I certainly will be this week but next week will be worse , I take dad on the 19th 😯,.
Well I have a visitor in my kitchen 🐭, think it’s only one and it’s s very adventurous one too , because we have had a lot of rain they do come off the fields and try and warm up 🙄, despite having a cat and 2 dogs it’s havivg a lovely time !! Thankfully it can’t get in my food cupboards as they are sealed and built in , am going to pick up a humane trap today and evict him !
Cassie I hope you had a lovely week in the sunshine !
Wildpurl , sounds like you are busy as always , would love to see some photos of your knitting projects .
Have a good week ladies 😊
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Joan wishing you all the best today you will be glad to get back home and be able to eat your usual food!
Lovewine I expect it will be another busy week for you ending with your dad’s operation.
Cassie I think you are on holiday now and hopefully enjoying the warmer weather and relaxation.
Wildpurl if you could let us know when your village rock festival is it would help me as I have restricted time in the UK available and have to organise our time efficiently!
Are you knitting projects for Christmas?
Hope the week starts well for you all.
Ours is packed with school Christmas performances!

Good evening everyone,

it has been very wet and windy here today but we are due some brighter and colder weather soon. I have been frantically busy at work for a few weeks and last weekend OH and I flew to Glasgow to stay with his sister. We met up with her and her family and their Dad, as a surprise for his 88th birthday, and had a very enjoyable if tiring weekend. 

I have finally begun Christmas shopping and only have a few things to get now, I am designing my labels so will wrap everything next week.

I have of course lots of knitting projects on the go and am trying to find the time to do a bit of sewing as well. I am looking forward to finishing work in a couple of weeks for the Christmas break. 

I'm glad your mammo was clear Lovewine, I hope your procedure goes OK joan and not too stressful. Hope you have a lovely holiday Cassie.

I saw a date proposed for the next meetup, it should be OK for me unless it conflicts with our village rock festival. I will check and let you know

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine I wondered if you would have started the onslaught of Christmas linen! 😬
I used to use a wipe clean tablecloth and splashed out on a pack of Christmas paper napkins! 😂 I haven’t done Christmas for a number of people since all the kids left home! BIL is cooking this year! DD will have a wipe clean cloth for sure!😉🥳 (just found that new emoji!)

Enjoy coffee with your friend!🍰☕️
I sorted out the disgruntled teacher, for now anyway! Things always get a bit stressful this time of year! She is the one with 8 dogs and lives in the hills and is finding it cold! She does have some heating in her property but is waiting for the landlord to show her how to use it! Some evenings we have to use the heat setting on the A/C unit! We forget how cold it feels in the properties during the winter months! Stormy days are interspersed with sunny dry days with temperatures around 18-22 although can dip to 16 on rainy dull days! The properties are not insulated and loose heat very quickly, then of course there’s the cold floors!😱
It’s our staff Christmas function tonight and fortunately we don’t have far to go it’s at Cap St George which is very close, last year it was the other side of Paphos!
Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Community Champion

,Good evening ladies, the days are flying past this week, i am getting busier now with the onslaught of tablecloths, napkins and bedding 😬.

Rosie, dad has his cataract surgery on the 19 th December. Hope you sorted out your disgruntled teacher and all is well now! 

I have been trying to declutter gradually this week, on one of the attempts to find the back of the cupboard in the spare room i found my chemo caps i used to wear to sleep in and around the house, it really brought it back and in a strange way it felt like i was looking at another persons experience as I couldn’t quite believe it had happened to me😏, but the hats were a stark reminder! 

Meeting my friend for coffee at 9.30 tomorrow which will  be nice, then i think i may put the Christmas tree up.

Hope everyone is having a good week- especially Cassie on holiday😎.

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Oh dear Joan I had forgotten about the concoction you have to drink the day before! I think that was the worst part for DH! At least they have given you an appointment and it will all be done and dusted by Christmas!
I sympathise with your card and Pay Pal issues! It’s good that the fraud team protect you but it is so annoying also! I have a worse problem as our bank accounts are in joint names and they won’t deal with me, it has to be DH as the principal card holder which is a pain in the neck!😡
We had a lovely day yesterday but had a storm during the night, not as bad as last weeks we have thunder storms forecast for the next 2 days.
I had a stray thin dog following me this am when on dog walk!😞 I have seen it before I will have to take some food with me next time I go.
One of the cancer support bus drivers that takes patients to Nicosia for treatment won the Paphos hearts of gold award at the weekend! He wasn’t the one that played Greek music at 6.30am and sang along to it and couldn’t speak any English!
Panicos was a lovely kind patient man who drove carefully and would speak English to the 2 of us that were English! Our friend, that passed away with the brain tumour following BC, was Romanian and she put us to shame she spoke both English and Greek!😳
I am going to spend some time in Yr 1 today with the disgruntled teacher hearing her class read! 😏
Lovewine hope your dad is keeping well I think it’s this Friday he has his cataract procedure?

Cassie, hope you have a lovely relaxing time in the sun.

Lovewine, glad you got the all clear. I guess if they have a backlog they deal with the bad news ones first, or at least I hope they do, but you’ve had an awful long time to wait and there is always that nagging worry, what if? Good news about ES & DIL too. Thanks for the soup recipe, which I shall try. i make a curried parsnip one, which is lovely so this will ring the changes. 

Rosie, you certainly came back to some wild weather with more to come. Hope you have no more power outages. I agree with you on the value of having OHs on the supermarket trips but not for anything else. I have now bought the ukele for GD, a purple one with hibiscus flowers on it. Frustrating time buying it though. Payment through PayPal was refused three times, then so was my card. Rang my bank and after being passed on to three different people was eventually put through to the fraud dpt, which immediately made me worry, only to find out that they had temporarily blocked my card, without telling me, because my card had bern used to make a payment of £1.40 to ApcoaConnect, who run the car parking at our local station, and they had had reports of some fraudulent transactions with them. I had made the payment so card now unfrozen, but it wasted a lot of time.

My appointment came through very quickly this time, for next Monday. Looks like a few trying days beforehand, on a restricted diet-so will be missing out on our usual post theatre dinner in Stratford on Saturday and not moving far from the loo on Sunday! I’m told that unless they have to do a biopsy I should  get the results before going home, as you said Rosie.

Fortunately I have a busy, non worky week ahead which will help to take my mind off things, at least  I hope so. Going to the cinema tonight to see a live streaming of the Nutcracker. 

Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies!
Lovewine that is fantastic news for your ES and DIL lets hope it all goes through smoothly and quickly!
Our friend seems to be coping as well as she can she has a lot of papaerwotk to sort out. 😞 She is going to her daughter’s in N Ireland for Christmas.
Lovewine I should stick to online shopping or can you go on bus/
train? Or get OH to take you? I prefer Christmas shopping by myself! I prefer to do food shop with DH as we can do it in half the time!😁 Unless I keep loosing him! 😳
Cassie I thought you were off this weekend! It must be imminent? Whenever it is have a wonderful time!😁
I have to nip back to school for a meeting in half an hour! Disgruntled member of staff!😬
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Cassie enjoy those warm temperatures and sunshine 😊, it’s very dreary here , interestingly I also get back to front on the thread too - not all of the time 🤔.

Rosie , your dog is enjoying that sunshine !! Bet you are too - 22 degrees sounds bliss right now .
How was the lunch with your friend ? How devastating for her . Expect she really appreciated you taking her out .

I met up with some of the dog walking ladies on Saturday morning in the village coffee shop , then I braved the local town and after attempting to park at 3 separate car parks which were all full I was just about to give up and return home when I sneaked in just as a man was leaving ! Not sure I will bother again 😡

Some good news - my ES and DIL have had their offer accepted on a lovely 3 bedroom house with a conservatory , it’s around the corner to their present rented house , it’s in great condition and it’s an excellent price !

Joan , hope all is well and you can get your appt out of the way and off your mind .

Wildpurl , hope all is ok with you .

Good Evening Ladies,

Glad to hear everything is fine lovewine. I hope the storms calm a bit for you Rosie, yes I will be glad to get away from the rain here, it has eased a bit today and I managed some festive music at a local event this afternoon with a mince pie, it was very cheerful but extremely windy. It should be 28-29 degrees if the forecast is correct in Boa Vista.

I still have a back to front thread its been that way for months now no matter what I do, sometimes I cannot find the correct part of the thread to reply to but weirdly its the correct way round on my phone but it does not post correctly if I ever try to add anything from my phone. The message seems randomly go wherever it wants I can remember lovewine finding a message randomly somewhere off of our thread.

Keep warm and dry ladies in England xx

Community Champion

Somebody else prefers the sun too!🤣

Community Champion

37EAAD7F-95B6-4CA6-B713-4F466ADEF6C0.jpeg

Community Champion

Good Morning Lovewine I am so pleased that at last you have your letter and you are all clear!😀 Now you can enjoy the weekend!
I shall be trying your soup recipe when we are next back in the UK, 🤪
After two days of violent storms we now have a few days of calm before it kicks of again mid week! This is our winter! But one can’t grumble about 22 degrees feeling hot sat in the sun!😎😉
We are taking our friend in Polis, who lost her husband 2 weeks ago, out to lunch tomorrow.
Community Champion

Community Champion

Evening ladies, Rosie, hope the storms have calmed down now, yesterday we had awful gales here and rain,  not as bad today thankfully. I got fed up with waiting for my results, so i rang the breast clinic and was told the secretaries were behind sending out letters- then i received the letter this morning and it was clear thank goodness.😊

I have had a lot of work today which is unusual for a friday , but it was a lady i do occasionally, she had 2 very large baskets full of shirts and bedding😟. 

Joan, i made some delicious soup last night , probably the best yet- it was River cottage recipe, spicy parsnip, it was very easy but so warming with cumin, cardamon and cayenne pepper.

Cassie, have a lovely holiday, lots of nice food and relaxing😊

Community Champion

Not much better today awful overnight power went off it was back on this morning but as I came out of the dentist it all kicked off again! Fortunately I had asked DH to drive me as I only drove the car for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday and I knew the forecast was grim! The power was down when we got back but has just returned so I rushed to the kettle and fired up Alexa to play the radio! We have storms forecast for the remainder of the day so suspect that the power will be up and down!😏

Lovewine have you had any news yet?🤔

Cassie have a great holiday!

Joan hope you hear about your appointment soon!

Wildpurl hope all is well with you?

Community Champion

6D2589F8-9D55-4C82-A7A5-EFCA78E2CE8F.jpeg

Community Champion

C3415694-F918-40B9-9E2D-710FC12A6F46.jpeg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Joan I am so sorry that you are facing yet another test and result! DH has had the procedure done several times and they can usually give you the result immediately!
I saw the advert for the very doll that your granddaughter wants on the TV in the premier inn- whatever next!🙀 I think a yukele would be much better!
Lovewine my dad had a cataract removed when he was 90 and it made a difference to his sight. I suppose at least you won’t have a meal to prepare if you are out in the evening. 😏
I am not surprised the dogs aren’t going to the curry restaurant!🙀🤣
I arrived back safely yesterday after a good train journey and arriving in Reading in time for connection. I didn’t sleep very well in the Premier inn as I had to leave my phone on and emails kept coming in!😬
The flight left on time and we had a good flight time of 4hrs 5 mins so landed 20 mins ahead of schedule!😀 That is the shortest flight time possible it can be anything up to 4hrs 50 mins!😏
I watched a very good film free from Prime called Finding your Feet it was both funny and heartwarming.
The dog was pleased to see me but I was not pleased to see the amount of hair she is molting when you stroke her it come off in your hand!🙀
I didn’t sleep very well DH took up most of the bed as he has had it to himself for 10 days! 😡 I need space to thrash my legs about!😞
We have thunder forecast for the next 2 days I can hear it rolling in over the sea and see the lightning. Whether it will bring rain with it who knows?
It has cooled down to low 20’s in the day now and about 17 at night. So no sweating!😂 I can actually have a shower get dressed and then take the dog a walk! Instead of straight out the door without even a cup of tea. Far more civilised! 😀
Cassie I should think you will be glad to get away from the wind and rain? Do hope it improves for the rest of you ladies!
I seem to have left Christmas behind me! At least it’s all bagged up ready for our return and I haven’t got to do a mad flurry in 3 days!🙀
Next week the school will look like Christmas. It never feels like here though as the weather isn’t conducive to it!
Nearly the weekend ladies!

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie I hope your flight goes smoothly with out delays , weather here again is wet and foggy - typical November weather .
Cassie i see now you have explained about the woodland scene - I think it’s very relaxing !
Joan , glad you are making progress on the shopping front / totally agree with the doll !! I also understand your YD s liking for bags as I also have cupboards full but still want more 🙄!
Sorry you are once again waiting for another test , hoping it won’t be too long , i am waiting until the end of the week and then will ring if my results aren’t here - still burying my head in the sand 🙄.
Dad went to the private eye clinic Monday night - under the NHS still , he had a consultation regarding cataracts and is booked to have one removed on the 19th December which I will need to take him too and bring him back - couldn’t be a worse week though as the week before Christmas is manic for work for me , also have our dog wslking groups Xmas party at the local curry restaurant in the evening , about 15 of us but leaving the dogs at home !!
Wildpurl hope you are ok .

Love the woodkand scene, Cassie, it gives a very cosy look. Its good EB looks well, lets hope the tests bear that out. 

Rosie, hope your trip back to Cyprus goes smoothly. Very impressed with the neat pile of ironing. I have half a basketful of clothes from our holiday in Italy to tackle, but now its winter I lack a sense of urgency. Pity about the hoodie but at least it was the only unsuccessful purchase. I have just ordered my first Xmas presents, a handbag for YD, who has a cupboard full of them already but managed to bite my lip when she asked for it, and a hang gliding session for SIL. GD has asked for a yukele but it has to have a pattern on it-and probably pink and sparkly so we will choose one tomorrow together. The other thing she asked for is a Poopsie doll, which poops slime. Its no to that one, £50 for something disgusting that will be discarded in a couple of weeks and make a mess... 

lovewine, glad you had a good couple of days with YS. Hope your online purchases are OK and that you get your results soon.

I saw the GP this morning and as I half expected he wants to refer me for more tests, a colonoscopy this time partly I think because my anaemia is worse than a month ago. Hopefully this appt will come within the two weeks its supposed to although I am rather dreading it. 

Community Champion

Good morning ladies it’s rather foggy here!😳
Cassie I understand your wall hanging now I thought you had spot lights aimed at it! 😂 It’s very unique and cheery!
The specialist has put me on the waiting list for the left tkr it’s likely to be March!
I am starting my journey back to Cyprus today. I have to stay over at N terminal for a very early flight tomorrow so not much sleep for me tonight! 😳
We return on Dec 19th.

Hello Ladies, Its not actually a picture but a framed 3D scene made of hand cut wood and it has its own lighting supposed to be like stars in the background I guess the twigs make it quite life like its about 14X14 inches and a couple of inches deep, its designed to put on the wall but I have it on the livingroom unit, its very sweet anyway.

Community Champion

Love the picture Cassie good for you we all need a bit of retail therapy!
Lovewine I think looking after someone else’s dog must be as stressful as looking after someone else’s child! The lady that looks after our dog can have up to 20 and most of them she walks off lead! I would be worrying not only about them running off but snakes and possible poison!🙀 She does live on top of a hill with no nearby neighbours
I agree with you about queues in shops Saturday is a big no no! The best time is just after they have opened on weekday! I am lucky because I have been able to take advantage of this! Hope you are happy with your online purchases! With the exception of DH’s hoodie all mine have been fine. I have ordered a smaller one and it is being sent to DD’s address as I won’t be here to receive it!
Hope the week starts well for you all!

Community Champion

Good morning ladies, Rosie, shame about DHs hoodie, i have been caught out by strange sizing on Amazon too. Hope the appointment goes well with the knee surgeon, at least you have a successful outcome on the other one, so its worth having it done, although may not feel like it at the time😬, hopefully by next years family holiday in Wales you will be much more mobile and pain free.

Cassie, well done on the bargains , very satisfying! I love the picture.  Hope you have a lovely break if you are not on the board before you leave. 

We have enjoyed seeing YS , i am taking him to Rugby station shortly, he has had a relaxing couple of days which i think he needed 😳. We had to walk one of our dog walking groups 2 very large and boisterous dogs yesterday afternoon, she was attending a family celebration, i was very stressed worrying about losing them, there were several of us out for a walk, but it’s worrying when its not your dog! Thankfully there were no dramas and it was a nice walk, i dont think i would like to change my job to a dog walker, i was thinking of branching out, but i think its too much of a worry!

I have also made some online purchases this weekend, hoping they are suitable, must admit i rarely shop in stores anymore, find the whole queuing and traipsing around very tedious these days!

I havent heard yet about my results, will ring if not heard by friday😬

been shopping again!! I could not resist the framed woodland scene decoration, I had to crop the image though so I am not sure you get the full affect, the website said the image was too large, it was only from my phone so I was surprised

New woodland scene dec.jpg

Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie don’t forget your passport either!😀
Sounds like you found some bargains I do hope they are too your liking when they arrive! 😏 I ordered a motohome printed motif hoodie for DH and when I unpacked it I was horrified, it would have fit a very rounded man. 🙀 Sizes do differ so much sometimes large fits him perfectly and sometimes he needs XL. I ordered it from a seller through Amazon but have had to pay the postage to return it as it isn’t a seller problem!🙄
Cassie I am pleased to hear that EB at least looks and seems well, sometimes chemo is not the way forward. Hopefully his tests will reveal he is stable.
Lovewine hope you are having a lovely weekend with YS. Have you had your results yet? I have my hospital appointment tomorrow with the knee surgeon. Hoping now they will get me on the list so I can have the replacement. I have to say it’s now 9 months since I had the rights one and I am pain free in that leg! 😊Sometimes it feels a bit stiff but overal I am pleased with the result. The left one is driving me crazy even pain killers don’t work now, fortunately they are several seats on the high street in Worcester when I can stop,I feel so unfit as well. I see people much older than me walking normally! It’s very depressing after all I have been through with the cancer!
Unfortunately they have given me a different surgeon to see as they had to make another appointment. The original one was just going through the NH hoops to get the second one done!
Anyway enough of that I am concentrating on Christmas and seeing all my lovely children and Grandchildren!
Is anyone watching I’ m a Celebrity? I have found myself watching it in the absence of anything else! I was heaving last night when Noel and Harry held the critters in their mouths and I couldn’t watch the fish eye activity!🤮I think this is a step too far! 🙀
Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies it looks like another grey day here!😞
DH says they are having storms in Cyprus and the power keeps going off!😬

Morning Ladies,

It's very grey and drab here today and raining its due to carry on all day. Your ironing pile is very neat and tidy Rosie, I must admit when I do iron it is usually a huge amount too but mostly put on hangers otherwise I find they are all creased again by the time the clothes are worn.

Glad the results were clear Joan.

I have not really thought about preparing for the trip yet next weekend will be fine the only things checked have been travel insurance and suncream and mosquito repellent, oh and also re-organised the dates that my fresh flowers are delivered, I signed up with a company about three months ago who deliver flowers every week if you want them, every 2 weeks is plenty for me and sometimes every three weeks, they last very well, they were due this Weds so there is no point for a few days.

I did try to stop myself from buying anything in the black Friday sales but gave in and ordered 2 winter tops and a dress from Debenhams, from the Mantaray range which I like it is very similar to White stuff. The order was £59.10 including delivery so quite a bargain.

EB seems and looks well but has had a whole load of tests recently to see how he is doing and what will be planned next, I do worry for him though because he could not tolerate chemo and it was abandoned after 2 treatments.

Have a good weekend

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!
Lovewine what a shame that you had to cancel your new car maybe things will be a bit more certain for OH’s work after the Brexit deal if ever it is agreed!? 😳
Hopefully your car passed its MOT and the repairs weren’t too costly?🙀
DH’s car in Cyprus had a problem for several weeks it had a part changed twice but still didn’t work. YS, who is a motor technician, found him a similar part for £20 which I am happy to report he took back to Cyprus and his car is now working! 😁
Did you find any bargains yesterday? The tv adverts were driving me mad!
Is anyone watching the Dynasties by David Attenborough on a Sunday night? I saw the one about penguins last Sunday and it was most interesting! I think it’s about lions this Sunday.
Lovewine I was puzzled at your post warning also? Have a great weekend with YS!😀
Hope all other ladies enjoy their weekend also. I have a library book to finish and get back by Tuesday morning!
Community Champion

Rosie i am impressed with the Ironing pile , it is daunting facing a large load🙀. I am stuck at home today as my car is having some repairs and a MOT, i was hankering after a 4 wheel drive to help me get about better living so rurally, we had just about ordered a new Dacia Duster when we had to hold off due to the uncertainty at OHs work🤨.

Talking about booking flights, i booked mine about 6 weeks ago for next june when we return to Menorca, i paid £134.00 for us both, so am very happy with that!

Oxford is good for me again , most dates are fine in the summer too!

YS is coming on his own which is nice for us to see him, as far as i know he is here at Christmas too.

Think i may do some Black Friday browsing since i am stuck at home😊.

Not sure why my previous post had warning emotional content at the top!