68106members
358430posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted

lovely to hear from you Cassie and Joan . 
cassie , sorry to hear ED has split up with her OH , it’s certainly not easy to stay quiet and not give advice ! 
Joan , I have been very busy for the past 2 weeks with work , all of my clients have now returned which is good - I am obviously not going inside clients homes but I must admit my day is much shorter as I am not talking to them like I usually do ! 
nice for you to see the GC Joan - it’s hard though not to give them a hug . 
I have seen mum and dad at a distance in the garden as I have been picking up groceries and prescriptions etc .

Rosie , love your daily updates as always 😄, I liked the ones of Croome Abbey . Really nice to have a trip to look forward too .

Joan I will post a photo of my lantern - I am so happy with it , it’s quite large , about 3 feet and is quite sturdy ! 

Highlighted

Very belated Happy Birthday Lovewine. What lovely presents, including a new kindle. Which version did you get? I’m intrigued by the stone Chinese Lantern. Can you post a picture? Were you able to see your parents or any of your family now that the restrictions on meeting in gardens has eased. We met with YD, SIL and grandchildren last week, which was lovely even though it was strange and awful not to be able to have any physical contact.  Odd also to be taking our own chairs, cups and flask of tea.  Forgot the biscuits though. GD was very good on the social distancing, GS kept forgetting. You said in your last post that work was picking up. Hopefully it hasnt become overwhelming. 

Cassie, so sorry to hear ED has split with boyfriend. Quite a strain being supportive without offering advice I should think. How is your GS doing. Is he at school yet? Does he manage to occupy himself at home? GD was supposed to go back to school for one day this week and another in 3 weeks, but this was rescinded, apparently because she wasnt in the year the govt said should go back, and although the school had thought there was some flexibility they discovered there wasnt. I have to say I was relieved since Somerset has had an upsurge in cases, but she really could do with going back even for a day, to get a bit of motivation. All she wants to do is make things. Thinking of that, who are you making masks for? 

Rosie, which earrings did you choose? They all look lovely. How nice to have a trip away to look forward to. I remember many happy summers at Whitley Bay, my aunt used to run a bed and breakfast there. Hopefully the quarantine restrictions will be lifted by the time of ES’s birthday week in Margate. I have to say they seem to be a bit daft, given that we have higher infection rates than other European countries but presumably there is some logic to them. Well done on getting the weekly Click and Collect slots at Sainsburys. I am managing a fortnightly one at Waitrose but the next one is at a different store. Exciting, I get to go to another local town. Still have to stay up till midnight to get one though. 

Nothing much to report here after the excitement of Hay. Only thing unusual today was getting ink from a spilled printer cartridge all over my hands, jumper, floor, spectacle case ( posh purple velour one, Pierre Cardin!) looks more expensive than the specs!, and sundry other things on my desk. Oh yes, and the dishwasher has packed up. Still, we are still healthy, as are the rest of the family so minor problems, though it looks like I will need to hide my hands for a few days. Fortunately my work Zoom call was yesterday. Oh, just remembered, my first attempt at making a video yesterday. Its a friends 80th birthday and his daughter, in Australia has asked various people to make videos which she will splice together and send to him. Lovely idea, and it was easier to do than I thought. Reused the candles and cakes idea from GS’s birthday and toasted him with a glass of wine- husband looked askance at that since it was only midday but still managed to down it. 

Now hoping this very long post wont be refused.

Highlighted

Happy belated birthday lovewine, sorry not as organised as Rosie, I am glad you had a lovely day and received some thoughtful gifts. All well here no change I have a backlog of mask making to do and ED has got through the latest upset split from OH again, I have been supportive without offering advice unless asked directly 🤐 Keep well all ladies xx

Highlighted

Hello ladies , Rosie I am impressed you remembered my birthday 😀thankyou for the best wishes ! Have had a very nice day with flowers , cards , chocolates and a lovely stone Chinese lantern for my garden from ES and DIL and a wind spinner from YS and a new kindle from OH . 
I hope everyone is ok and keeping well 😊.

Highlighted

😀🍷🎂🎉🎈

Happy Birthday!

Lovewine! X

Hope you have a good day!

Highlighted

9EA2C7E6-9C3D-4C4D-8699-AD5ECB519A6F.jpeg

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Another week goes by but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel and Cassie I am still very hopeful that indeed we will be able to meet up. We still have a couple of months!

DH and I are going up to Newcastle the day after our meet up and staying at a campsite in Whitley Bay, campsites open on July 1st! We are hoping that the quarantine period that is being imposed from June 8th on arriving in the UK and France will be lifted soon! DIL has planned a surprise week in Margate for ES in August as it’s his 40th birthday in June! We were all going to be there to surprise him, I do hope this will be able to go ahead!😏

Cassie lovely to have a social distance meet up with ED and GS glad they were pleased with their knit ware. I hope that you get a surprise and your paint by numbers will arrive earlier! I used to love paint by numbers when I was a child. I have done several jigsaws with 1000 pieces but only read one book! Can’t seem to concentrate on reading! 
Joan technology is very clever and has kept lots of people sane in these troubled times! 
I may well take a look at the Hay festival I have heard a lot about it on our local radio!

Click and Collect slots at Sainsbury’s are now very easy to book thank goodness and we are managing to get the same weekly slot! 
DD says it is going to be very hard to achieve social distancing with such young children. Parents will also have to be controlled by using a staggered drop off and collection! They have been open for the duration for a small number of vulnerable and key workers children. But she has only had to work 2/3 days a week, staff are on a rota! 
Cyprus are opening up to tourism next month but not to the UK so we won’t be visiting any time soon!😏

I will try to remember to take a picture of the earrings and upload it later! 
Lovewine can YS get out in the sunshine somewhere safe? Or open a window and sit in front of it?

Glad that work is picking up for you. How is your old dog, he wasn’t very well a few weeks ago?

Hopefully your mum managed to enjoy her birthday, thank goodness for online deliveries! 
Wildpurl hope all is well with you?

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , the weeks just fly past ! 
Joan it must be very strange doing the Hay festival digitally 😏but good you can still enjoy it in some way ! Hopefully next year it will be back to our new normal ! 
Cassie , you are doing well with the knitting projects ! Nice way to relax after your stressful job .. I do really feel for you not able to get out and enjoy the sunshine safely - my YS is exactly the same , he doesnt have a garden and he says the parks are just full of people who definitely aren’t social distancing so he doesn’t go anymore , in fact when we spoke to him a few days ago he said if you were not aware of the pandemic then you would think times were normal in London 🤔with people and crowds everywhere , he looked very pale when we FaceTimed him so I posted him some vitamin d supplements !! 
Rosie I continue to enjoy your lovely photos of the birds and the river every morning - particularly the heron and swans 😊 it is a lovely walk for you .

I am slowly picking up with my work now - people are trickling back thank goodness , but my sister who works partly for herself has had virtually no work at all and I have not had enough to send to her either , but she isn’t too concerned and I think after all this is passed she may well not bother ! 
It was my mums birthday last week and that seemed strange not seeing her properly - she is becoming a bit fed up now , along with everyone else in the vulnerable group she hasn’t been out for 10 weeks , my dad isn’t too bothered and just sits in the summer house at the bottom of the garden on sunny days and he’s happy 😀
Wildpurl I hope you are keeping well .

Take care ladies and fingers crossed better times ahead 🤞

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

I was just thinking shame we will not be able to meet this year 😞 It's a shame we have lovely weather and no way of enjoying it here parks are horrendous nobody seems to be abiding by the rules of social distancing and the shops like M&S have people wandering about as if there is no problem at all they seem to just not think! Mask or no mask 2 meters please.  I have been in the office the whole time except when I was off at the very start of lockdown. It is all very weird though as only very few patients can come in baby injections and the like, we have had to call the police to remove one patient who charged in uninvited and would not be reasoned with to leave and have also had two more since, the door should be closed but people leave and let others in. We are all socially distancing inside one person per room which is not easy, I always take my lunch with me and eat cold food so the staff area is not a problem for me but staggering lunch breaks is impossible, I usually sit at my desk now which is also not good as I never get any break apart from when I am physically eating which is about 8 mins.

The knitting is coming along I am almost up to the armhole of the second sleeve the main body is complete. The easel arrived but no painting supplies yet I had no idea they were coming from the USA when I ordered them and feel mean cancelling them now, it no ones fault we are in crisis.

I don't fancy air travel for a while so there is not much to look forward to at the moment.

Have a good day ladies I am envious of those with gardens and outside places that are not crowded to frequent xx

Highlighted

Greetings, ladies, from the Hay Festival- digital version. Very quiet this year, no problems with parking, no queues for the toilets, coffee or sandwiches or rushing from one end if the site to another, eating food in a queue while waiting to go into a session! Its amazing what the organisers have put together. 80 sessions in all and although there have been some problems with their technology and our home broadband connection, generally it has worked well. If any of you fancy a taster, its all free, just go to the Hay  festival   web site, have a look at the programme and register for any sessions that take your fancy. We’ve registered for 20 at the moment. Started on Friday evening and just watched no. 8! There are people watching from all round the world, thousands of them, many more than they could possibly accommodate on the actual site. I suspect that if it goes ahead next year it might be harder to get tickets, always assuming we are able to go. On that front a bit worried that cases in our local area, North Somerset, are now rising more rapidly than the surrounding areas, which may be due to the number of care homes/no of elderly people in the population. So we are not coming out of lockdown any time soon. On the positive side, I have managed to book my second Waitrose click and collect order! And it means driving 5 miles to the nearest town, first time out of ours for over 8 weeks. Such little pleasures! I cant quite believe that I look forward to such things as the milkman delivering groceries (tomorrow), the veg box (Wednesday) or the post. Very sad. 
Rosie, our grandchildren are not in the year groups are hoping will return to school on June 1st. But there is a rumour that Katy’s year (5) will go back part time because she is in the first year of middle school. She does need to go back, her motivation to apply herself to the work she has been set is diminishing by the week and was never very strong. It’s a hard decision for parents, but I can well understand ES & DIL deciding against. What does your daughter think about the schools resuming? I think there has been quite a high infection rate in the NE.mWhat a lovely thought of your friend upstairs- photo of earrings? I see that Cyprus is going to quarantine visitors from the UK. Did your husband have plans to go back there soon?
Lovewine, do you still have a low workload or has it started to pick up? Cassie, how lovely to meet up with ED and GS. Whats the situation with your work? Are you still doing it from home? Ditto Wildpurl. 
Hope you are all keeping well and finding plenty to occupy yourselves in what is still a strange situation, which seems even more uncertain now. 

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

Lovely outside again today, I did go to meet ED & GS on some playing fields yesterday the first time in 8 weeks we socially distanced and I gave them the two knits. GS was embarrassed about his hair cut which I did not think looked too bad he was very nervous of his mum cutting it and said the clippers were really loud ? He always has his hair cut with clippers at the barbers and left a bit longer on top, who knows so I had some earplugs and took them so the next time maybe more successful. 🤣

I have two more knitting projects lined up Rosie the one for myself that is on circular needles which I mentioned previously it is growing slowly because of the crampy hands, I have actually just finished the all in one part so hopefully the rest will be more comfortable to knit. Its a long cardigan with a panel similar to the centre section on GS's jumper like a band around the middle and on the sleeves I am hopping it will suit me and give me a bit of a waist 🤔 we will see, it might find a new home! The next one will be a cotton cardigan for ED. I have ordered some paint by numbers kits which I did not realise are coming from the USA they will probably arrive when the lock down is over. Never mind they will hopefully keep me out of trouble as my mum would say, good bless heaven knows what my parents and older brothers would have thought of all of this, it is really is all very strange.

Highlighted

Good morning ladies lovely to hear from you all and that you all remain well.

Cassie well done on your knitting projects I am sure that GS and ED will be very pleased with their knit ware. Do you have another project in mind?🤔

Wildpurl any news about when you will be expected to return to work or if you can work from home for longer? At least watering the garden gives you another activity- better to have dry weather at this time!

Joan you must be relieved that your ED has been moved from the Covid Ward.

Sorry to hear that SIL has been made redundant and do hope he will manage to secure a new job in a few weeks! What year groups are your GCN in? DD teaches Yr 1 and her children are Yr 4 and 6! But they are both in 3 tier system so GD is already in middle school but GS will be transferring for Year 5.

ES and DIL made the very hard decision not to send GS back to nursery yesterday in France as they feel it is too soon and an impossible task to keep 4 year olds socially distant!😬🙀 The lockdown has been very strict In France and they have had to sign a document each time they have left the house individually!🙄 

Lovewine when this is all over you will be very busy with everyone wanting to dress up to go out! 
The weather looks as if it is going to get warmer by the end of the week which is cheery news! 
It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with a little more freedom! I think some people will abuse it sadly which is going to make it a longer time before we can meet with our families! 😢 It would have been better if we had been restricted to a radius around our home initially. France are not allowed to exceed 100kms of their home. I can just imagine everyone rushing to the beaches tomorrow! 😬

My friend upstairs left a box of earrings that she had made when she lived in Wales and told me to choose 6 pairs and then return the box outside their apartment door! 😀

It cheered me up as I felt a bit low at the weekend with all the social distance VE Day celebrations going on that we couldn’t be part of. My dad was in the RAF and mum in the WREN’s and I kept hearing Nimrod by Elgar and We’ll meet again both pieces of music used at dad’s funeral! 😢
Let’s hope everyone behaves themselves so we can ease back to some normality! 
We were going to see Diana Ross in Birmingham in July and I heard this morning that it has been cancelled which we were expecting!😔

Highlighted

Hello ladies , firstly Cassie I love the knitting - GSs does look very intricate and hard to do😬 I love the white cardigan too . You could maybe take on some orders ! 😊

Joan I am glad to hear your daughter is keeping well and I hope she continues to do so , what a worry about your SIL being made redundant , I think after all this going on this year there will sadly be more job losses .

i am not busy at all at the moment - it’s because people are not going out or working out of the home so therefore not wearing their best clothes / shirts etc !

Wildpurl it would be good if you could split your work half at home and office , glad you are well .

Rosie a much colder day walking today , what a difference 24 hours makes, not many people out and about either !

Generally I don’t need to meet a lot of people in a usual day apart from the dreaded supermarket run for various elderly friends /relatives .

i usually come across several of my friends with their dogs in the mornings over the woods and we stand apart in a large circle for a chat and walk a while together but still appropriately apart ! 
we are waiting along with everyone else to see what Boris says later this evening !!

Highlighted

Love the sweaters Cassie, especially the one for GS, which looks rather complicated to do. but interesting, I would imagine. Shame you get cramps from knitting when you clearly love doing it. Your pharmacist was obviously extremely ill, I’m surprised she is well enough even to work from home. When you say you are registering lots of patients is that new people or existing patients contacting the surgery on line rather than coming in? My daughter says that more people are now coming into hospital for non covid reasons. All those coming in are now being tested even if they have no symptoms and all staff were tested last week. She was clear, which is a relief. It is also a relief that she is no longer on a covid ward although since she was doing admissions yesterday I wondered if that is even more risky. 
Glad your swinging chair has been repaired to your satisfaction Lovewine. I imagine that caused quite a domestic incident. It did sound rather funny though, apart from your coffee. Is OH able to work safely now he has gone back? I expect you are pretty busy with your work- unless some of your clients have decided to occupy themselves by doing a bit of ironing.
Rosie, loving all your Facebook pictures. What a good idea to meet up with your friend. We  occasionally meet people we know on our morning walks by the sea- 3 this morning, which is a record-but havent arranged to do so. If the lockdown restrictions are relaxed to the extent of people  being allowed to exercise more than once a day and to sit on benches I think we may find it more difficult to do our walk, it was certainly busier this morning. Most people are really good avoid keeping their distance apart from a few, mainly men who seem oblivious. 
Wildpurl, working from home does seem to have quite a lot of advantages but having done so for a long time myself I still miss the casual contact with colleagues as well as the face to face work. Having to adjust to a changed remit as well must be challenging- the same has happened to YD as staffing has been reduced and those not furloughed  have had to take on new responsibilities. 
I am finding plenty to do so that time goes quite quickly but it is also strangely uneventful with most days being rather similar. I find I am waking up in the morning thinking- oh good, the milkman is delivering our order (not just for milk, Im not that sad) today, or looking forward to the postman! The weekend of GS birthday party, was different. It went surprisingly well. He had done a quiz which was essentially How well do you know Fergus, to which the answer was, on the whole, not as well as we should. At least I got 5 out of 10, which was one more than his mum! We have another family Zoom get together later today, so hoping for an uninterrupted internet connection. 
The children are doing surprisingly well although GD does miss her friends. Shes also not very good at getting on with the work she is set, finding loads of distractions. So it may be a shock if she gets back to school and finds other kids have been beavering  away. Unfortunately SIL has been made redundant. I think I said before Xmas that it was in the cards but now it has happened. Obviously we hope he will be able to get another job before long but at the same time it would be a problem if he does before the schools reopen because YD would find it very difficult to look after the kids and work as hard as she is currently having to do. 
It will be interesting to see what is announced this evening

Highlighted

Hi ladies,

what beautiful sweaters, Cassie, such lovely work, your ED and GS must be delighted with them! It’s annoying that you get cramps if you knit for too long but it is probably good to take breaks periodically anyway.

rosie I am quite happy being at home, pottering in the garden, going for walks and knitting! Work however has actually been quite stressful, with changes to both of our activities to focus on what is considered critical work, not necessarily what we would prefer but at least we still have jobs. It is very difficult to communicate effectively and work in a team while WFH but on the other hand it is easier to concentrate and get things done. I think we would both like to continue working maybe 50% of our time at home and the rest at the office when they finally reopen. Plans are in progress but dependent on government policy of course. I’m in no hurry to start commuting again.

The weather has been very pleasant although as gardeners we would always like more rain! We are lucky to have a lot of beautiful countryside to walk in with relatively low numbers of people, although some people are clearly driving here from elsewhere.

I'm glad to hear you are all well, time does seem to pass quite quickly despite everything!

Highlighted

Good Afternoon Ladies, such glorious weather and I cannot enjoy it there are too many people out and about to relax and feel safe I have to walk in the road regularly to avoid people. We are worried at work as many surgeries have staff off with COVID we have one nurse who is still awaiting results after a week now.

Our lovely pharmacist has recovered enough to work from home but it was touch and go ill for 4 weeks and in hospital for 3, her mum was ill at the same time and is OK, bless the pharmacist she just said she is just so glad to be alive. 😊 We will have to see what Boris has to say on Sunday. We are all working very hard because we are still registering lots of patient because we have an online app and quite rightly people don't want to risk going anywhere at the moment.

Glad your swinging chair is back in use lovewine just the ticket with this lovely weather I have knotted up to the armholes on the cardigan for me but its slow going I get quite a lot of cramps since chemo and the cardigan is knitted all in one on circular needles so it is quite heavy, so I have problems if I knit for too longED cardiganED cardiganGS JumperGS JumperPhoto of knitting patternPhoto of knitting patternlong.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies another 3 weeks has passed by with a little light at the end of the tunnel. As much as we all want our freedom back we don’t want to land up in another lockdown!🤦🏻‍♀️Hopefully the de confinement with happen gradually and most people will be sensible and not ruin it for the rest of us!😬

Lovewine I do hope your elderly dog is feeling better, it’s always a worry when pets get old!😒

I am not surprised that you are not allowing OH on your swinging chair, thank goodness he could source the materials needed to repair it! 😅

Lucky the coffee didn’t burn you! 🙀

Cassie hope that ED is managing to source her groceries now, how is GS coping with being home?
Joan hope all your family are well I expect the GC will be glad to get back to school when they can?

Wildpurl I expect you are enjoying working from home and having more time for your garden?

DH and I have survived 8 weeks in the apartment, it has not been easy and my daily walks  are my escape and I am so thankful for having the river and canal so near! 

I have met my friend from upstairs twice on 2 socially distant benches outside the Worcester Porcelain museum! It has been good to catch up and let off steam!🤣

Stay safe everyone! 🌈

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , how the weeks fly past even at the moment ! I hope you are all keeping well and coping with the restrictions .

My OH returned to work last week which makes life feel a little more “ normal” not many staff are in , so social distancing is not a problem . I have continued to be steady with my work .

What beautiful weather we are having , I am making good use of my swinging chair - but OH is now banned from it - he sat on it a couple of weeks ago next to me and the canvas ripped and he went straight through it and looked very comical with his backside on the lawn and his legs up in the air , my cup of coffee I was holding went all over my top but thankfully didn’t burn me, but I was furious with him for breaking it !! He ordered some yachting sail repair thread and needle from Amazon and sewed it up which you can’t tell 😄- so harmony in our house was resumed !😀

Rosie , lovely photos of the canal , I enjoy your daily update !

Joan I hope your ED is keeping well ? I expect the GC are getting restless too !

Cassie you are busy with the knitting , Would love some photos of the finished items 😊, hope you are also keeping safe , are you still very busy ?

Wildpurl , hopefully you have found time to spend in your garden in between work ! We have been so lucky with the weather , apparently the weekend is going to get colder though !

Take care ladies ! 

Highlighted

All OK here ladies, beautiful weather, I have never known it so lovely for so long this early in the year. I amused myself earlier by watching quite a spectical outside there was a fox and a crow was continually mobbing it, dive bombing then pulling up at the last minute, a magpie also joined in for a couple of swoops I must admit I was on the side of the poor fox it was just having a wonder about 7.30 this morning then a young dad with a toddler came along and stopped to watch too probably bemused at the sight. The crow flew off eventually noisy thing.

The knitting is all getting done one jumper and the kimono style cardigan finished, one cardigan for me and one for ED to go. I even gave myself a DIY haircut, looks OK, surprisingly. back half in a mid height ponytail chopped off bluntly which made layers and a large sandwich clip in either side to hold flat for a trim its about 2 inches shorter, it needed and odd snip here and there but all in all successful.

I have a Waitrose shop due later which will be the highlight of the day. ED cannot get any deliveries form supermarkets and is too worried to go out in the supermarkets, she has tried out a fruit and veg box and a basics box which she is pleased with. Sorry your dog is unwell lovewine, it sounds a bit like a problem my past cat had it was to do with not retaining potassium poor thing.

Keep well ladies x

Highlighted

Good morning ladies - I also am surprised it’s been 2 weeks since we have posted anything ! All ok here and still running my business but in very different ways - I am missing the chats I have with my clients but my collection and delivery times have shortened dramatically as a result ! Good for the actual work but a bit boring 🤨

OH has had a phone call to return to work on Monday 😁🎺!!!! I have found it very difficult especially as I work from home .

Rosie you have taken some lovely photos this week - the weather has just been glorious .

Joan glad all is well with you and the family , especially ED working so hard and in such challenging times .

not surprised the GC are becoming bored with it all now - so hard for the youngsters missing their friends , thank goodness for social media . 
My older dog was unwell a few days ago - I thought she had had a stroke as she was leaning sideways and very unbalanced - phoned the vet and had a phone consultation which I paid the same amount for as a physical examination at the surgery 🤔- he thinks it’s vestibular disease also known as Elderly dog syndrome “ I had to pick up the medication from vets by telephoning when I was in the car park , paying over the phone and then collecting from a chair outside , so far she is a little less wobbly ☝️.

Cassie and Wildpurl I hope you and your families are keeping well .

Highlighted

I cant believe its two weeks! I dont know where the time is going. We’re fine here and ED is still healthy and not overwhelmed though tired. We still do our weekly games sessions on Zoom, though the last one, on Wednesday evening was rather frustrating because YDs internet connection kept going down. The kids are getting a bit crabby too now- GD said rsther plaintively the other day ‘ I dont like home schooling much’ and I think this will go on for ever’. GS fed up because it's his birthday on Sunday and of course he cant have a party with his friends. We are having a Zoom family party. YD asked if we had any birthday candles we could light. We dont but I did a rummage in the larder and found a set of square candles that spell happy birthday. I have no recollection of ever buying them, they must have been there for years. And thankfully our token birthday present for him has arrived.  So also has a present I ordered for both of them a few weeks ago, which GD loves- its a set of magnetic sticks and balls from a company called Hfelau, which can be used to make various shapes. I thought GS- and his dad- would be the main users but GD is the one who adores them, and is using them creatively. Fun and education at the same time. I’m a bit tempted to get some for myself.

Life is pretty humdrum but keeping busy with a couple of on line book groups. Also just signed up for a Zoom Qi Gong class. The teacher is attached to Penny Brohn, who have arranged it, and he has stood in for our regular teacher a couple of times. Used to be a Buddist monk. It will be good to get back to it, might help my growing irritability, esp with OH! 
Hope everyone is OK and finding different ways through this.

Again I get this message that invalid HTML was found in the message body. I have no idea what that means or why it is suddenly happening. Irritability level shot up! 

Highlighted

Hello ladies it is 2 weeks since I posted and everyone else is quiet. Hope everyone is ok?🤔

We must be very grateful for the amazing weather we have had in April to help get us through this crisis! 

Life goes on from one day to the next! I have completed 3 puzzles to date!🙄

I am really hoping that life will slowly be able to return to normality soon as most other European Countries are planning for! 

Sending love to you all x

Highlighted

Good morning ladies!

Cassie very sorry to hear the sad news of the nurse who lost her husband!😢 Times are certainly challenging.

It sounds like you are very busy with keeping tabs on the status of patients. 😳

Its good that knitting relaxes you! Hope your daughters and grandson remain well.

Joan yes your message did arrive! Well done on your delivery slot it really is a lottery!😬

I had to smile at the thought of the deer eating your tulips, but I am sure that was the emotion furthest away from you feelings! When we lived in the country in Somerset some sheep escaped into our garden from the nearby field and were munching on our crop of sprouts! We caught them in the act and DH chased them off! They trampled a few plants down to add to the destruction!🤦🏻‍♀️

Have just had a quick look online and you can get an ultrasonic animal repeller which does not contain poison it’s called a Voss sonic 2000.

Lovewine sorry that you are having such a difficult time doing everyone’s shopping! Will OH go out and get some for you?

I hope you have managed to use your swinging chair over the last few days? It’s a bit cooler today but it’s supposed to be warming up by the weekend!😀

We have set up a whatsapp group to link us to the children and we spoke to all 3 of them via video yesterday which was a very precious time! ❤️ Four of the grandchildren made an short appearance also! 😄 I was very impressed that YS said that his eldest daughter, who is 18, has a boyfriend and has not seen him since the lockdown! If only other teenagers were encouraged to stay away from their friends! We see groups of 3 or 4 on skateboards or bikes on a daily basis!😡 I do sympathise with them, but they will keep us all in lockdown longer! 

My jigsaw is keeping me sane! 

I managed to get a leg of lamb for Easter yesterday, but it was very large and we are now planning how to use the leftovers! Lamb sandwiches for lunch and lamb meatballs for tea! If any is still left it will be going into a stew!

Stay save ladies!

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , Joan well done on securing a delivery slot - I have given up trying as they are non existent here and also because I am shopping for various people I seem to be visiting the supermarket every day !! Friday was a nightmare though - the queue was all the way around the car park twice and it took me an hour just to get inside to shop !  Shame about the tulips - strangely I have also heard about the urine deterrent too . Maybe it’s because they avoid humans mostly and the urine does that !

Cassie I am sorry to hear the loss of your nurses OH and having a young child too - so sad . You do sound really busy and it must be very difficult dealing with it all - good you have a form of relaxation with knitting .

Rosie , your DH has been busy then with his ordering😲- I have realised if I do ever retire then I will need a hobby as I am finding OH quite wearing by now 😄- like you I am used to my own space ! 
your photos on FB are really nice , the area you live in is very pretty .

Wildpurl it’s been such a lovely weekend so I expect you enjoyed your garden .

I am going to continue painting my garden fence today ( muted cream!) and then some reading !

Take care everyone .

Highlighted

Fortunately the message arrived. I would not have been a very happy (Easter) bunny if I’d lost it. And another stroke of luck, managed to get a Tesco delivery slot. OK, so its not till May 2, and I only got it because someone told me that new slots were released at midnight- since I was still awake at that point I got up and was delighted to see I was in a queue! It does mean that I will have to take YD up on offer to get groceries for us this week though. She was horrified when I mentioned OH was going to do a Tesco shop.
A bit cross today though because the wretched deer from the woods near us have eaten my second flush of tulips. They got my pansies last year and earlier this year they gobbled up the early tulips. OH rigged up what he hoped would be an effective barrier but clearly it wasnt. He’s now on the internet looking up deer proof fencing ad deer deterrents. Our next door neighbour said urine worked but I’m not sure if that was a windup! Meanwhile I am taking the opportunity of our emptying shelves in the pantry to do som cleaning. What a way to spend Easter Sunday. 

Highlighted

Cassie, its awful to hear about your nurse. So many NHS staff and care staff are dying; it is incredible that they continue to turn up for work and give their utmost. ED is staying remarkably calm although she admitted 26 Covid 19 patients overnight on Tuesday. I simply cannot imagine how they are all coping. And particularly the ones staffing ICUs. I know they have to cope with patients dying all the time but this is something else. I was interested to hear about the difficulties you have had to deal with sending out letters to the very high risk patients. I must say I assumed there would be clear criteria and everyone in that group would have been informed by now. Its good that after all the pressure and weirdness at work you have your knitting to take your mind off things. How are ED and GS?
Rosie, I am very much enjoying the photos of your walks. You are lucky to have a variet of routes to take. Most of the time we do the same one, but since its along the seafront thats no real hardship. We have been surprised- although relieved-that so few people go down there, and most people are very good about staying at least 2 metres apart, although there are some very annoying cyclists who go down the middle, at full tilt. Hopefully it will not be too long before you can get back in your motorhome again. We should have been in Cornwall this week with the family and the Hay Festival, which we were due to go to at Whit has been cancelled, as have all our theatre trips up to the end of September. I can see how testing it must be for you having OH around all the time. At least he’s occupied when he’s  buying things on line, even if its putting pressure on your space. What a worry for your friend having her op cancelled. My friend with bowel cancer was very lucky hers went ahead even after lockdown, and even luckier that her tests are showed she was now cancer free. My god-daughter’s chemo is also going ahead every week, which must be scary. 
Lovewine, your life sounds pretty busy, trying to fit in work, shopping for yourself and others, picking up meds, and having to deal with OH at home. Are you still managing to get out for walks with the dog. My OH is managing to keep himself busy doing jobs around the house and garden. He’s no handyman but loves painting so the weather has been perfect, he’s painting the downstairs windows. ED has forbidden him to go up a ladder though so upstairs will have to stay looking shabby. 
Wildpurl, you are pretty well occupied too. Are you likely to be furloughed. YD was expecting to be since the National Trust has furloughed quite a few but so far she is still working, at home, and seems busier than ever. Fortunately her husband is at home and although still employed there isnt a great deal of work he can do, so he is bearing the brunt of the child care. I expect you are busy gardening this weekend.

I was frantically busy till Tuesday, when I managed to get my report off. I do have wirk to return to on Tuesday but giving myself the long weekend off. We have been speaking to the grandkids on facetime every day. GS does reading because although its school hols he needs to keep it up. GD had been reading The Witches to us every day but refused to do it over the holidays, so we have been playing our own version of Beetle - Monsters- in which you have to add every body part you get with your throw of the dice. GD and her dad have produced some very creative results! Ours are more boring. Today we shall have another games session on Zoom. I have also had a couple of on line book group sessions, using Telegram, which have been rather frantic but good fun. 
Enjoy this strange Easter weekend ladies. Keep safe.

Aargh, I have been told this post has not been sent and I need to correct highlighted errors and try again. Since nothing is highlighted Im a bit mystified. Hopefully it will go eventually. 

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies

All is well but as usual very busy, on top of all my usual work I have been busy sending out letters to all our list of very high risk of COVID patients, it would help if one organisation could make a firm plan of who should be on it and stick to it but no, that would be too easy lol. Everything changes and the patients all get worried and they all think they must be in the very high risk group of course, many searches and downloads later it is done.

Coding all the suspected cases and confirmed and also deaths has all fallen to me too, very worrying times. All the staff are working one person to a room to allow for personal distancing it feels really odd having to stand in doorways to talk face to face, otherwise you may not see anyone all day!

One of our nurses has lost her husband, she had symptoms but was negative in the end, very sad they have a three year old IVF son, such a shock. We are all rallying to cover for staff that have children and are off or have left.

Hopefully we will be through the worst in the next 14 days, chin up and as Rosie says we got through cancer and all the complications, so we will do it again.

Our WIFI was down for 3 days at home, so that put a stop to YD working properly she tried using a hotspot from her work phone which is on a different network but it was painfully slow and kept disconnecting, SKY have sorted it now, some loose wire in the exchange !

It all feels very surreal quite a few people milling about but in the mornings only dog walkers and workmen on sites, all buses practically empty (I am not going on any). I have been filling my spare time with knitting which I find relaxes me, I am

making a kimono style cardigan for ED at the moment, it does have a hood but I don't think I will complete that I think it will be smarter without it, she choose white so its quite nice to knit with even at nigh time when the light is not so good. I had just completed a crossover collar jumper for GS just before the shutdown I tried it on him and it needed to be made about three inches longer which was a bit annoying but I did dismantle the whole thing sleeves off the lot then re-knitted it, he has not got it yet and I doubt it will fit next year, shame.

I can sympathise Rosie the buying junk thing is something I am prone to when feeling fed up or bored, I have rot resorted to it recently 🤔

Keep well ladies x

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Gosh Wildpurl it sounds like you are keeping as busy as you usually are! You too Lovewine. It’s good that you can incorporate your work with your family errands! 

Lovewine regarding OH’s I am having to keep my mouth firmly shut. He has taken to ordering many items online and it’s driving me mad with the deliveries arriving!😡🤦🏻‍♀️

Things like 4 tins of scotch guard for the carpet in the motorhome, tent pegs of various types for the awning, flour so he can make bread, a variety of face masks, amongst yesterday’s purchases was a block of 12 packets of mentholyptus sweets!😳 Some purchases have been squirrelled away so I don’t know the full extent! 🥺

Fortunately he goes out on his bike in the afternoon!🙄

We haven’t spent weeks together in this apartment I am used to having it to myself and only have him visiting! He said to me yesterday that he felt I didn’t want him here, which I regret to say at times throughout the day and night I do feel like that!😳 Obviously I didn’t tell him that!🤐

He used to make me feel the same when I went back to Cyprus after a spell in the UK. It’s very difficult because you get yourself into a routine and suddenly you have to adapt to another person and their belongings and ways into the equation! Even the way the cushions are arranged on the sofa! He enjoys cooking and most nights cooks the evening meal but I do like to eat before 7.30. It’s usually after 7 before he starts it. I do gather the items to be cooked and leave them out for him. Can’t say anything or he will be stubborn and refuse to cook! 🙄

Mil is finding lockdown a challenge and BIL has been going to take her a walk in the park early morning. She is 94 this month but has the energy of a person much younger! 

SIl has asked her to go and live with them in Northampton but she wants to remain independent in her bungalow.

We have been very lucky with the weather, it has helped with our wellbeing during this difficult time. We have been able to open our French doors to the Juliet balcony in the afternoon!

Joan hope you are enjoying your garden and keeping in contact with your family via technology. Really hope that your ED is keeping well, has she been tested yet?

Cassie how are you and the family getting on?

Stay well ladies I think we will all silently be glad when Easter is over this year!😔 We were supposed to be taking the motorhome to Plymouth for a few days to see YS and family. A week later we were going on a Rally to East Anglia for 2 weeks! 😢 We are finding it particularly hard as the Motorhome is the other half of our lifestyle! Not sure what will be happening with school in Cyprus as the operator is facing challenges with parents who can’t afford fees due to the current situation! He has furloughed some staff. He has provided online schooling the last 3 weeks as he is a whizz with technology! DH is still involved for the next 2 years although he was to pull right back from April 6th, obviously this happened sooner as he couldn’t get back. 

Onwards and upward ladies!

My friend who had cancer 10 years ago was diagnosed with BC a few weeks ago and was due to have lumpectomy this week but it’s been cancelled until June as she was told there is more risk of her getting the virus than the cancer spreading as she has been caught at an early stage! 

Highlighted

Good evening ladies - I hope you are all well and your families too in these worrying times .

beautiful day today 🌞. I am still working - having no contact at all with clients , collecting from outside and all payments by bank transfer - also incorporating it with picking up groceries and prescriptions for family members and clients too ! Much reduced workload generally though ,

OH has been furloughed for the past 3 weeks 😬 must say you ladies who are retired and have your OHs around all day must have more patience than I do !! I am fed up already 🙄,

YS is obviously still stuck on his own in London . ES has also been furloughed but DIL still working from home .

Joan -,how is your ED getting on ? I hope she is keeping safe and well . Such a worry for you.

Cassie you too - how are things with you ?

Rosie I really enjoy your photos of your morning walks on Facebook 😊.

Wildpurl - at least you are able to work at home - hopefully that’s able to continue for a while .

Easter this year is going to be very strange . 
thinking of you all and stay safe .

Highlighted

Morning ladies, I am still going to the supermarket once a week to shop. Things have greatly improved and only a few things are still difficult to get. I even managed to get pasta yesterday! They are well organised with 2m spaces to stand in while queuing, wipes and spray for your trolley and scanner and they sanitise the trolley handles as they are returned to the car park.

I am still working from home at the moment but don’t know how long that will continue as we have started furloughing people. We are getting on with the garden and I have my usual crafting projects but as I am still working my normal hours I don’t have much more time than normal for other things. I am doing yoga and body balance via video classes from my gym and we walk once a day.

Hope you are all keeping well

Highlighted

Joan this is what is happening to me also! Can get a click and collect every 4 days so I can top up! However I would rather be able to go at least a week! But as you say you need to take advantage of an extra slot being added! 

Highlighted

Hooray. Managed to get a tesco delivery slot for tomorrow. Earlier than we need really but not going to miss the opportunity. They still have none in April. 

Highlighted

Joan this is a very worrying phase as it seems to be galloping away! Your ED has youth on her side so even if she does contract it hopefully it will be mild and she will recover quickly. It mainly is taking the elderly with underlying heath conditions!

Plans are in place to test NHS workers urgently!

My sister’s daughter is engaged to an anaesthetist so he too is in the frontline!

DD is still required in school 3 days a week to look after vulnerable children and those of Key Workers! 😳

Lovewine good to hear that you managed to source your shopping yesterday!

I empathise with you having OH at home, DH has set the spare bedroom up with his key board and large monitor he had shipped from Cyprus! It fills the room but at least it gives me time alone in the living area!😬

I have just seen a group of 4 lads leave the apartment block opposite together! 😡

Take a day at a time ladies! 

Highlighted

The ward ED is working on has now been turned over entirely to Covid 19 patients, now one of 8, apart from 3 ICUs. Its going to be a worrying time. 

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , I hope you are all keeping well and sane !

Cassie great news you had the clear mammogram - always a stressful time waiting for the results . You must be so busy at work - take care of yourself .

Joan , you must be worried about your ED too , we are so lucky to have the NHS and all the great staff working so hard .

it does seem you and your family are keeping entertained virtually though 😊

Rosie , have seen some of your photos of the river and the swans - it’s been beautiful all week which has helped in these strange times 🙁

Wildpurl I hope you have managed some time in the garden too - lots to do I expect !

OH is at home now - it’s very wearing 🙄, I am used to my own space working from home so it’s going to take awhile adjusting! Although I have spent a lot of time sourcing groceries for us and my various elderly family members !

it wasn’t too bad yesterday - queued for about 40 mins to get in the store as only a small group allowed in at one time - but everything was well stocked including loo rolls 👏!!

take care everyone . 

Highlighted

Well done for getting an on line supermarket slot, Rosie, I have given up. At the moment we are using our local small Sainsbury’s, husband is doing it so sometimes some rather strange things come back. It has the advantage that its not crowded, no way are we facing Tescos. Good luck with the OH challenge! Im practising patience as well!
Cassie, glad your mammogram result cane through at last and was clear. You assume that if you arent contacted quickly it will be fine but you still worry. A shame you your new mattress hasnt helped you to better sleep, but maybe at least you’re more comfortable while awake. I can imagine how irritating it must be to have to deal with all the cancellation letters. 
We’re worrying more now about ED. There are hundreds of Covid 19 patients in her hospital and they are turning more and more wards over to them. As I think I told you, although she was  redeployed a couple of weeks ago it was to a general ward, so she wasnt in direct contact. However last night she said that they had had 2 patients on her ward confirmed with the virus and were testing 6 more. At least now they have protective gear.

lovewine, I hope the newly announced financial help for self employed people will be some help, although the time lag is a shame. I expect you are missing your convivial dog walks. 
wildpurl, you've had some lovely weather for your gardening this week. Hope it continues.

Tomorrow having another game scheduled using Zoom. Scattergories this time. Just 6 of this time because ED is on duty all weekend. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies how are you all getting on?

We have survived cancer we can survive this! 💪🏼

Joan you must be relieved that for now your colonoscopy is postponed, pity you had to start the diet though!😕

I have registered with 3 online supermarkets now, I managed to get a slot for Sunday when I went into Sainsburys for one last time before I went to bed last night! They seem to release them at any time of day as the previous slot was available in an afternoon. 

Ideally I would have like a slot a few days later as we had a click and collect 2 days ago! But you just have to take them when they are available.😳 I can only get click and collect slots which suit us it gives DH a reason for taking the car out!

Lovewine does the latest self employed help package include you? 

I feel for you at this time and also for having to source shopping for your parents and aunt in addition to yourselves!😫

Wildpurl the latest round of good weather must have taken you into your garden, do you have any new garden projects on the go?

Cassie I really don’t envy you with your role at the moment.

I have just heard on the radio that Boris Johnson has tested positive for Coronavirus! 🙀

Ladies stay safe and hopeful! 🌈

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies

It a beautiful bright sunny day shame we can't really enjoy it without a garden. I had a telephone consultation with a surgeon yesterday and the mammogram is clear, I was presuming it was all fine but is nice to hear it has been a couple of months since I had it.

Difficult times ladies, it has been busy as usual and in a way I wish the hospitals and departments would stop sending letters to say appointments have been cancelled, they still have to be filed the same as any other letter and obviously are not any clinical use to anyone. My older brother is in isolation now for 12 weeks I hope his surgery can spare a laptop and token so he can continue to work as he has very wide range IT skills and would be of benefit to many in the circumstances. I hope that internet connections remain in a good working order with the extra strain on them.

Joan the new mattress is lovely but I still only sleep intermittently for about 4-5 hours a night, I was hoping probably unrealistically that it may help. Off to work now, keep safe.

Highlighted

This is likely to be a brief email, ladies, just to say that the colonoscopy I was due to have tomorrow has been cancelled. I’m relieved, at least I dont have to worry about catching the virus while I’m there and I am just parking the cancer worries for the interim. We are staying in apart from an early morning walk although OH will have to go to the Pharmacy to pick up meds this week and we shall need to top up food supplies next week since we haven’t managed to get an online slot. 

Need to go now OH has just come off Zoom with his bookgroup mates. Where does the time go. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies at least the sun is shinning!

I have been trying to get a delivery slot for either online or click and collect and there are no slots available for the next 3 weeks!

This means DH will have to go to the supermarket! We are ok for a week! 🙄

Hope the rest of you are all ok for supplies?

As we live in an apartment it will be necessary to go out once a day for exercise! 

DH will ride his bike and I will go for a brisk walk! 

I have tried doing the exercise regime for seniors on You tube with Joe Wicks and will continue to do this!

I don’t think it will be long till we have to print off a paper as France and now Cyprus are doing to say the reason why they are out!😳 They can only go out individually. 

It’s going to to be a challenge locked up with DH much patience and keeping mouth shut!

Good Luck Ladies! 🤐

Highlighted

Please do not go out into public places unless absolutely essential ladies x Stay home for your loved ones even non essential work needs to cease if it involves going out of the house 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies lovely to hear from you all!

Joan hope all goes well on Wednesday! I have relied on technology over the years we lived in Cyprus to stay in touch with kids and grandkids and it certainly makes a difference! 

Lovewine I feel for you having to do extra shopping it’s bad enough trying to get the things  

you need!🙀 DH found a farm shop where he managed to get free range eggs!

We can’t use the Motorhome unfortunately as all sites have now been closed which of course is inevitable! Most of our rallies and trips have been cancelled until much later in the year!😢 This is going to be hard for us living in an apartment as the Motorhome provides our escape!

I shall keep going out for a walk! Yes everybody was out yesterday and some in huddles! 

We went to MIL’s but stayed in her garden, DH dug over her patch of the shared garden and planted some potatoes and kale for her. She loves her garden and at least can sit out. None of the other 5 residents go out and she has fallen out with them anyway!🤦🏻‍ Cassie it certainly does feel like war!😳

DD who lost her friend to BC last year was told yesterday that her husband has Coronavius and is having difficulty breathing!🙀😢 He is being looked after by his SIL who is caring for the two boys at this time also! Very sad!

Wildpurl you are lucky that you have your hobbies and garden to keep you going through this challenging time! 

At least the weather is very springlike to cheer us all up! 🌸🌼🌷🌹🎍

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

I am in work as usual later this morning, I don't have a configured laptop yet the one I had last week was one of the Nurses, hopefully the small supply of new ones will come this week. It sounds dramatic but it feels like a war we are about to face, onwards and upwards ladies xx

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , I hope you are all keeping well and sane !! 
Joan good luck with all your appointments- I took my dad to a hospital appointment last Thursday and ordered my mum to stay at home - we where the only ones in the waiting room apart from a very heavily shackled prisoner and 2 burly prison guards ! We see them sometimes as they bring prisoners from the local high security prison .

Sourcing groceries has been a nightmares here - shelves empty mostly , I have been trying smaller shops too , but it’s incredibly time consuming as I need to keep trying several on my work route ! I am picking up things for elderly aunt and now also some of my older clients too !

Not sure what this week will bring 😲 I am working but have had so many cancellations indefinitely - I am picking up from the door only and also handling the baskets with disposable rubber gloves .

Rosie , can you get out in the motor home for short trips ? I hope MIL is keeping well ?

Cassie such a stressful time for you and your colleagues , at least you are sorted out more now for working from home .

Wildpurl , glad you too can work mainly from home .

we went for a walk locally yesterday and even in the summer we never see anyone - unbelievable yesterday , passed at least 20 people on the canal path 😲!

Stay well ladies and all of you ladies on the forum having chemo at the moment thinking of you . 💐

Highlighted

Hello everyone, it’s all a bit mad at the moment, but at least the weather is improving. OH and I are working from home at the moment, the idea is 2 weeks at home, one week in the office. We don’t socialise much so not much change to our lifestyle so far, the closure of gyms has hit me hardest and I will be doing yoga and Pilates from home online if I can.

we are just starting the gardening season as the weather has been so carp. This weekend we have mowed the lawn and sown seeds and seed potatoes.

I am knitting as usual and spinning but do not really have much additional spare time apart from the two hours a day I would have been commuting, so we are just getting on as usual. The supermarkets have made a huge effort and we can see things returning to normal thank goodness. 
Sadly I will have to cancel our weekend staying with DS after Easter and I do not think we will be able to go on our holiday to Shetland in May but in both cases I hope we will be able to go later this year. We are very lucky to have our garden and hobbies to keep us occupied, all we can do is just take everything one day at a time, it reminds me very much of cancer treatment in that respect.

I'm glad to hear you are all well and getting by, I hope you all keep well.

Highlighted

I’m pleased you are feeling somewhat better Cassie. Although you dont sound fully recovered I expect the stress isnt helping, it sounds horrendous. I see Sainsburys now have a dedicated time first thing in the morning for NHS workers, like you it doesnt seem sensible to be in the same slot with the elderly and vulnerable. Rosie, we have also found the smaller shops a better bet in terms of having stocks, with the advantage of fewer people. We will have to rely on them too, since there dont appear to be any delivery slots at all for the foreseeable future. Some people are bring so selfish and thoughtless. OH went down to our local bakers yesterday and while most people were being sensible and keeping their distance, one man was just ignoring it. At the hospital on Monday as well, in a very large waiting area, we sat down away from everyone but people kept coming in snd sitting next to us. We moved 4 times. Pacemaker is working fine.
Rosie, how fortunate EGD did well in her mock exams. What are her plans next. And fortunate that EGS has his sister to ease the transition to middle school. It does sound like schools are going to be under a lot of pressure, although its a good idea to make provision for key workers- I wonder how France is managing without any such provision. There do seem to be rather more categories than originally envisaged. 
I’m having no problems keeping busy at the moment. On the contrary trying to meet a work deadline, hospital appointments and getting to grips with new technology as well as communicating with people more frequently than usual is all quite time consuming, although nice. Spent a fun hour or so on Saturday playing Articulate with 8 members of the family, including grandchildren using Zoom, which is a video conferencing app. 
My colonoscopy is still going ahead on Wednesday so I have started on the diet. Essentially none of the things I would normally eat-fruit, veg, brown bread. I can still eat chocolate and alcohol unless its red. 
,My chief worry at the moment is ED, working in a south London hospital which had 90 Covid 19 in patients last Friday. Fortunately shes not on those wards, shes been moved from her usual work to back fill for respiratory staff who have been moved onto the Covid wards. But all very scary. She seems remarkably calm but then I guess as a doctor you have to be.

keep safe everyone. 

Highlighted

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Thank you all for your kind get well wishes, I went back to work on Weds after being off for 7 days I worked on a borrowed laptop on Mon & Tues, its very difficult though because of needing to be in at least 3 screens at the same time Clinical System, Emails (Mine and generic email inbox for clinical docs) and docman our clinical document inbox from our local hospital departments I just cannot access it all. I have swiped a driver for a scanner in case we can only work from home at some point I will then bring my scanner home too. The logistics will find there way in the end in time but I like everyone else have no idea how or when that will be. We have heard good things about being supported but that's it so far. Extra configured laptops and card readers that work for prescriptions should I am told be coming soon.

I and two others are constantly feeling headachy and washed out but the temperature has stayed down, one nurse is self isolating and we are trying to practice social distancing but a couple of our rooms are small so its not always possible, some patients just don't get it ! We have been asked to close our doors and only deal with the patients by phone but I had to answer a couple of times and stand back or the door was going to be knocked off its hinges. Patients wanting to collect prescriptions and order new ones which can all be done remotely to a pharmacy of choice but some like to argue about it, trying to explain that we need to protect ourselves or nobody will get any prescriptions issued is like talking to a wall for some unfortunately.

The shops are bare I however was fortunate Waitrose allowed me in at 8.15 this morning with the elderly and vulnerable, I am not sure that NHS workers should be in the supermarkets at the same time though.

There was a que of about 200 or more waiting to come in just as I left. The streets are empty all very surreal Keep safe Ladies x

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

What surreal times we are encountering! 🙀

Hopefully you are all getting food supplies? We have found that the smaller food stores tend to have everyday needs rather than the big supermarkets. 

I wasn’t surprised to hear that bars, restaurants etc were asked to close!

What I am struggling with is that schools were closed yesterday but it’s work as usual for the teachers who have to look after the huge list of key worker children! 

DD says that GS’s school can only accept 20% of them as they have so many so she is going to take GS to school with her from Monday! 

In France ES says that schools are shut for all and parents have to work from home there is no provision for Key workers children! They have to print off a paper to sign and date to say why they are out of the house!😳🙀🥺 Only one can go for shopping or a walk! 

EGD should be taking her A levels next term - but now isn’t. Fortunately for her she did well in her mocks so she is relieved! A very difficult time for students leaving school! EGS finished First School yesterday and will start middle school with no induction. Fortunately his sister attends so he will have insight into how it works! 

Goodness knows what the 6th form leavers are going to do with themselves for the next few months with no exams to prepare for! 

Difficult times ladies!😬

Joan I hope that all went well with your pacemaker check?

Lovewine you must be glad to have the dogs so you can get out on regular walks! Hope your parents and elderly aunt are ok?

Cassie hopefully you have recovered from whatever you had and that other family members are well.

Wildpurl are you able to work from home? At least you have your garden and many craft activities to keep you occupied! 

Hope you all keep sane in our restricted lifestyles! DH said shall I go and finish the job I was doing at the motorhome, YES I said! 🤣

I have a stock of library books a puzzle on the go and a spare one!😄

Highlighted

Cassie , that does seem a very high temperature - I hope you are starting to recover now - so sorry you have been so poorly and I agree with Rosie and Joan on you not being tested as a health worker . One of my daily dog walking friends is a health visitor and she is attending a meeting today to see if she is going to be called upon to work in either A and E or high dependency unit if needed as she is trained in both😏. Our health workers are so important particularly at the moment .. I also agree with the elderly given time to shop . We went grocery shopping as usual on Saturday morning and it was chaotic - full of people stockpiling goods, my friends daughter was unable to buy nappies or formula milk for her baby and her OH queued outside Morrison’s early the next day when the delivery lorry had been - these times bring out the best in people but sadly also the worse ! It’s so selfish to panic buy.