63315members
333052posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Sorry ladies that seems the best I can do and they have mainly arrived upside down!😡 I selected  more but they said the files were too big! I do wish they would make uploading photos easier on the forum! 😬

Community Champion

84D4F039-A4B5-4A05-947E-FFA0515CDB7A.jpegACAB09C9-40EE-4E0E-A7DF-E55D25BE92F3.jpegD0C62263-E218-44F6-8397-BF0134590632.jpegD9F8BEB3-57C2-49BD-A335-949153B6344F.jpegBB2AA02A-794F-4F95-A06B-2B0C5E7BA91F.jpeg84F09923-E8C5-4975-8CD5-17CD11BF4B3B.jpeg0219F245-C657-4241-84CC-35951CD2B0CC.jpegD3718FB8-347A-4D19-89A7-562ECB4A742B.jpeg

Community Champion

Hello ladies we are back at home in Worcester! What a blast we have had!😃

France was very warm but we enjoyed cooking and eating outside the motorhome! Wales with the family was a very special week and we were blessed with mostly dry weather! I miss the kids and grandchildren so much! 😥 Because of changing circumstances with our DD who knows when all the family will be together?😞

Ireland we had very mixed weather the scenery was spectacular and we took loads of photographs! We did have some challenging nights when the rain lashed and the wind rocked the van!🙀😳 We started in Dublin, where we visited the Guinness factory then down to Waterford before starting the West Atlantic Way to Connemara! We then crossed back to Athlone and finally to Dublin! We could have done with another week to do it justice! The Irish folk were very friendly and welcoming.😃👍

We have been away for 36 days!🙀 Our journey started on the day we met in Oxford!

We return to Cyprus on Wednesday for 8 days before returning to go on a continental rally with the motorhome club, Belgium, Holland and Germany for 3 weeks! 

I was shattered last night when we finally reached home!😴

Have loads of washing to do did do some en route. Everything here has to go through a drier which is very annoying given the weather!😡

I will attempt to put a picture from each leg of our journey if I can!

Lovewine what lovely pictures and what a scrummy tea!😜 Hopefully you are enjoying your swinging chair this weekend and taking time to relax!

Wildpurl so glad to hear that at last the pond project is nearing its end! Ireland didn't have a bank holiday last weekend, I don’t know why I thought it was last weekend!😳

Cassie hopefully you enjoyed your Devon trip I expect GS will be returning to school soon.

Joan I think you are off on holiday next month sometime? I bet you have had hundreds of visitors to the Pier over the summer!

Enjoy your extra day ladies tomorrow!

What lovely photos Lovewine! And a very yummy looking afternoon tea. Pity about the wasps, but it’s the time of year unfortunately.

The pond continues to progress, it even has a couple of plants in it now and all the slate edging is complete. 

I don’t know what is going on with the forum but every time I log in it takes me to a random page in the middle somewhere, then I have to work out which order the posts are in as it changes that when logging in and when posting. I have to scroll to the bottom to select a page each time as there is no page navigation at the top, and the pages are long! It’s really irritating.

i hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday weather, it’s a bit hot for me but we are having a quiet weekend mostly at home, so keeping in the shade.

Community Champion

7987D859-4CDA-4513-ABF2-7A852BCA14E6.jpegES and DIL afternoon tea !

8923AEA5-EB88-4D7E-B08B-1B956275C67E.jpeg

Community Champion

Morning ladies , just noticed my post from Monday isn’t on here , completely vanished !

anyway. Hope you are all well , Rosie I expect you are nearing the end of your road trip ? Sounds lovely . Especially Ireland😊

Wildpurl I would love a pond but it’s out of the question with Kipp as he loves water and would be in it all of the time, it must be lovely to sit and hear the water and watch the wildlife  too .

Joan , hope you haven’t been too busy?

Cassie I think your weather this week has been nice , hope you enjoyed it !

We had a very nice afternoon tea last Sunday for DILs birthday , slightly spoiled by a wasp invasion forcing us eventually to sit inside .

Enjoy the bank holiday everyone😎

Evening everyone. Rosie the bank holiday is next week, maybe it’s earlier in Ireland? I hope you enjoy your meal and live music, I went to a pub like that in Dublin when I visited a few years ago and the music was excellent.

well ladies, the waterfall feature is installed now and the pump and filter are connected up and the pleasant sound of running water can be heard from our little patio. So we are nearly there! There are more stones to cement in and some electrical connections to wire in rather than using plugs, but then we can start planting, at least in the pond. I’m really happy we have got this far! Pictures when it looks less like a building site LOL.

cassie I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

lovewine and Joan I hope you have a good week

Community Champion

Hello Ladies in Doolin Co Clare! Free WiFi at this site!👍😀

Cassie how lovely of your friend to show her appreciation by treating you to a meal! 😊

Do hope that your have found good weather in Devon?

Lovewine, Wildpurl and Joan hope you are enjoying the bank holiday!

We are going to a traditional Irish Pub tonight to eat where there is live music! Should be an experience!

It’s mainly dry today with sunny spells but blustery!

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I have not been to Devon yet we are going tomorrow, hopefully the weather will pick up a bit and at least not rain every day as was the forecast last week. It was really odd going to work for one week only but I could not take leave before because of my dog walking friend being off work. She insisted on paying for my lunch today because I have seen her through some difficult times recently and have been a good friend which was very nice of her to show her appreciation. We had a bit of I insist and there is no need but she won in the end Woman Very Happy

I bought a wild pearl bracelet and a top today, very naughty after having my highlights and haircut and nails done yesterday, oh well ready for the next trip now. I will take a cool bag with sandwiches, popcorn and some artisan cakes I purchased today, it is a long journey, we should arrive around 4pm or just after.

I have bought and sold curtains on ebay but usually make and line my own, I only have curtains in the bedrooms, I have to hem the nets top and bottom so a wire can be fitted to hold them in place because they are dorma windows, not difficult to do but much tidier and we can maintain some privacy that way.

Have a good weekend x

Community Champion

Hello Ladies from a wild Atlantic way!💨🌧🙀

Fortunately we are getting some dry sunny spells and the scenery is stunning! 😀 We are currently on the Dingle peninsular tracking towards Limerick tomorrow! 

Wildpurl how clever of you to make curtains you have many skills!😌

Lovewine hope your friend’s dog behaves! 

Enjoy the afternoon tea with DIL and ES!😜

Joan I expect that your family are back from holiday now? Enjoy ED’s visit.

Cassie have you been to Devon yet?

Hope the weather settles down for bank holiday! 🤨

Community Champion

Evening ladies from a very wet Leicestershire☔️.

Rosie your road trip sounds great , hope it’s staying fairly dry for you , especially on the Wild West coast !

We visited Ireland a few years ago and stayed in kinsale  near Cork  and I really enjoyed it , much slower pace of life than here!

Wildpurl at least you had a small bit of dry weather . You have made good progress with the pond 😊.

i have had today off and been busy clearing out my wardrobe and de cluttering , also having a general clear out !

tomorrow I have one of the dog walking clubs dogs for the day while my friend picks up her daughter from a university placement and Sunday we have booked afternoon tea for DILs birthday which we are going along with them too , it’s at foxton locks which is very scenic .

Joan I hope you have had a good week , think you said you have a busy weekend .

Cassie hope you aren’t too loaded with work 🤔 are you off to Ilfracombe soon ?

Have a lovely weekend ladies . 

Afternoon ladies, it is a wet day again here although after today it is supposed to brighten up and return to summer for a few weeks. I’m glad you are enjoying your Irish tour rosie, I look forward to seeing photographs when you are back home.

i managed a bit of gardening this morning before the rain started, then went to a yoga class, which I have switched to from Body Balance and am really enjoying. Later on I have a hairdresser appointment.

I too have a pair of Dunelm curtains, in my study. I bought them on eBay for £13.50 including postage and had to slightly lengthen both, which was easily done. I’m very happy with them. The only other room with curtains is the dining room and I made those myself. OH checked the price of getting them made by the fabric manufacturer compared to buying the fabric and notions and me making them, and it was the same, so as I preferred to make them I was allowed to go ahead!

Hope everyone is OK and enjoying the last month of summer

Community Champion

Ladies waiting for laundry to do and found a free WiFi spot! 👍 We are at Eagle Point in Bantry weather mixed today. We managed a walk this am. Run out of socks not used to wearing them! 😳

We have started our journey round the Wild West Atlantic Way! We return to Worcester on Aug 23rd will post you some pics when I get back to iPad! 

Joan sorry your ED couldn’t make it but at least you have made good use of the unexpected time! Are you having ready made curtains or ones made? Dunelm is good for either! We had our lounge curtains made by them and they were perfect! We also purchased 2 pairs of ready made and again perfect! 

You can search online in the comfort of your own home!👍

Hope all is well with you Lovewine, Cassie and Wildpurl!

Cassie, your holiday sounds wonderful. Love the idea of horseriding in the sea. Rosie, hope all going well on your Irish road trip; sad to say goodbye to the family though. Good news about your friend’s results, Lovewine, lets hope the chemo keeps working for a good long time. Its such a shame about the balloon festival, Wildpurl, unfortunately it does seem to get affected by the weather quite often, and this weekend has been appalling.  

We were expecting ED and partner to come down for a few days yesterday but they decided to leave it till the Bank Holiday weekend. We made good use of the free time and the bad weather by doing what we have been putting off for months, choosing new curtain material for our bedroom and a new bed. Spoilt for choice with the beds, so quite bemused after two mornings trying out different ones, but I think we’ve more or less decided. Havent done so well on the curtains. A relatively quiet week ahead with YD still away, and ED not coming so mainly work again but busy weekend following, theatre on Saturday, London on Sunday to see the Leonardo exhibition. 

Community Champion

Hello ladies!

We are on road trip part 3 in Ireland!

My heart was very heavy when we had to part from the family yesterday! We didn’t do too badly for weather! Lovewine we went to Ty Coch Inn for lunch one day and the GC went in sea! 😳

So glad to read that your friend continues to have more time!

I am sure that your parents will love ES and DIL’s new home!

Joan hope all went well with the mammogram? 

Cassie sorry you didn’t see the turtles!

Wildpurl marvellous news about the pond!

🤗

Been on a Big Bus tour of Dublin today and visited Guinness Storehouse! Had a free pint of Guinness! 🥴

Morning everyone, it is not a great weekend weather wise, we are in Bristol for the balloon fiesta,  staying with DS and GF, we had a nice day yesterday pottering about in Bristol but there were no balloons flying yesterday and will not be any today, either, which is a shame. Still, we will have a nice time anyway.

The pond was fixed in last week, the pump tested successfully and the edging stones have been cemented in around it. We need a few more but it is looking good and has been filled up. We saw some birds drinking from it a few days ago. There is a weekend's work to finish that, install the pump and waterfall and then we can start planting. It’s all come together quite quickly in the end.

cassie your holiday sounds lovely, rosie glad to hear your family holiday is enjoyable. Lovewine, good news about your friend and I am sure you are pleased the ivy has been cleared. Joan, it sounds as if you are having a quiet time for a few weeks, I quite like that in late summer.

Community Champion

Morning ladies , what awful weather , blowing a gale and heavy rain which I think we are all getting at some point !

Rosie I hope you have a safe trip from North Wales, think you mentioned you are off to Ireland next ? 

Cassie your holiday sounds lovely , back to the usual routine now 😬

I am picking up mum and dad this morning and taking them over to ES and DILs to see their new house now they have just about finished the decorating , they have worked very hard on it and it looks lovely .

OH has had last week off and has been working hard on the ivy removal on our outhouse which has been very hard work , most of it is now off.

Our friend has had his scan results which he has every 3 months and so far all tumours have shrunk or disappeared which is very encouraging , they are all in his chest wall and inoperable so he is relying on the chemo to keep him going for as long as possible , he was originally told he probarly wouldn’t have more than a few months ( this was in January ) so keeping everything crossed the chemo continues to work .

Joan I hope the mammogram wasn’t too painful yesterday , now the wait for results 😬, I know last year I waited about 6 weeks for mine . Hope you caught up on your work this week too while the GC were on holiday !

Wildpurl, how is the pond progressing ? Probarly not going to be able to do much this weekend in the garden with the weather situation !

Havd a good weekend everyone .

Good Morning Ladies,

We are now back from Zakyanthos and the sun is shining which is lovely we had no WiFi and my phone kept dying while away so I am not sure if I may need a new one I will test it out  for a while now we are home. The trip was lovely the apartment was very sweet typically greek and quaint, no TV only 20 apartments and the host was exceptional remembered every ones names and really could not do enough for you. We went to spot turtles but were unlucky, saw the ship wreck which was a bit over rated far too many people, on the little cove. We went riding into the sea which was lovely the trip was riding and a swim but I was not expecting to go  in on  the horse! Oh well back to reality I hope al ladies are well x

Good to hear from you Rosie, glad you enjoyed your French trip. Hope the Welsh one is going well, despite the poor WiFi. 

Wildpurl, hope you had a more successful weekends gardening. We made some progress with ours but only weeding and pruning so though it looks tidier it wasnt very interesting. 

Sounds as if you were also on overdue pruning duties on Sunday too Lovewine. Your aunt dies sound a bit of a trial, you are very good continuing to take her places. 

I am still having difficulties with this site. I cant any longer toggle between the thread and replying to it. Is anyone else having that problem. The only way I can do it is to reply to an individual post and then go back to that and press reply again when it then brings up autosaved content. Most frustrating, especially when there have been a whole series of posts.

i dont have much to post about so far this week, although at Qi Gong yesterday we were filmed as part of a DVD Penny Brohn are producing. We have been asking for several years about having a DVD so we could practise the sequences at home. Now we wont have any excuse for not doing so. I am intending to spend most of the week working since no GC to look after. But do have my mammogram on Friday, so something to look forward to!!! 

Community Champion

Ladies awful WiFi in house!🥴 

Out with DD on Supermarket trip so a quick hi from her car!

Lovely to have family all together! 😍

Weather until today been dry showers today!

Take care ladies! 

Community Champion

Hello ladies , Rosie I hope you are now in lovely Wales 😊, glad you had a good trip to France , very hot though ! It will be great to have everyone together , hope the weather stays good for you 🤞

We are tackling a very overgrown ivy plant on our outhouse roof today , it’s been a bit too hot to be bothered other times we have wanted to do it ! Probarly then go for a walk !

Took my elderly aunt out on Friday to a garden centre for coffee as she was feeling sorry for herself saying she doesn’t see anyone 🤔- she actually has a better social life than most !!  I have to find every bit of patience I have , which isn’t very much ! - she is very demanding and cantankerous 🙄.

Wildpurl , nice you had some time to yourself last week , your vegetable garden certainly seems to be thriving 😊

Joan , I think it’s this week the GC are on holiday ? Hope you can have some relaxing days as well as work .

Cassie hope all is well and you enjoyed your holiday !

Evening everyone, it is warming up a bit here now again, but it was good to have so much rain after the intense heat. Most of my vegetables are now enormous, we are harvesting dwarf beans, beetroot, fennel and carrots as well as new potatoes.

Glad you enjoyed your stay in France rosie! Joan, your weeks sound busy but nice to have time with the grandchildren.

i have this Thursday off, my last short week for this summer and tomorrow looks nice too, so I hope to do some gardening and cooking as well as crafting. I’ve finally got my energy back after the heatwave.

Not much progress on anything over last weekend as it rained most of the time and then we had garden tasks to do. I await possible progress this weekend!

Community Champion

Hello Ladies just a quick sign on to day we are back in England now en route to Wales!😀 Had a lovely time in France loved a Monet’s house and garden! 😍 

I have managed to use 80% of my data due to no WiFi! 😳🙀 Should hopefully get some in the Wales property! 

Hope you are all well. It was 43 in France over the heatwave!😓🥵

Community Champion

🤔Good evening ladies , at least the rain has stopped today after a dreadful weekend , last week was certainly challenging working in the hot weather too!

Rosie , Shame you cant post until the end of August , I hope you are enjoying your trip around parts of France and also your week with the family in Wales goes well , love that part of the world , especially the ty coch pub !

Joan , at least you got your purchases on your  last visit to Stratford , shame about the rain this time . Enjoy your free time when the family are on holiday !

I think you are on holiday this week Cassie 🤔have a lovely time .

Wildpurl how is the pond progressing ? 

Have a good week everyone .

Goodness the board has been very quiet.  It will be very strange not to have Rosie posting till the end of August. It was lovely to see you all in Oxford. Hope you all found ways of coping with the heat last week. I have just spent a couple of hours working on the pier archive in a tiny room with one small window so am very glad to be back home with all the doors open and a cold drink. I had a very busy week with work and grandchildren, and this one is likely to be the same. Then they are off on holiday. Phew! Did have a nice day in Stratford on Saturday although it tipped down with rain in the morning. Just as well I’d had my shopping blitz the last time we were there. 

Hope you have all had enjoyable weekends - I expect the pool has progressed further  Wildpurl- and this week goes well. 

Goodness the board has been very quiet.  It will be very strange not to have Rosie posting till the end of August. It was lovely to see you all in Oxford. Hope you all found ways of coping with the heat last week. I have just spent a couple of hours working on the pier archive in a tiny room with one small window so am very glad to be back home with all the doors open and a cold drink. I had a very busy week with work and grandchildren, and this one is likely to be the same. Then they are off on holiday. Phew! Did have a nice day in Stratford on Saturday although it tipped down with rain in the morning. Just as well I’d had my shopping blitz the last time we were there. 

Hope you have all had enjoyable weekends - I expect the pool has progressed further  Wildpurl- and this week goes well. 

Community Champion

Can’t post any more telling me my files are too big! Will post some on return to my iPad which will not be till end of August!🙀

Community Champion

Ladies all is well in France weather is wonderful! Stayed at Honfleur overnight a very picturesque town! 

Wildpurl I was glad to hear that the pond made progress in your absence!😃

Cassie enjoy your trip to Devon!

Lovewine I hope you find time during the week to take further advantage of your swinging chair!11F163F5-DF37-4766-A48B-89BB9F2FE01D.jpeg

Community Champion

Rosie I remembered about the photo on the train home and really wished we had remembered to take one 🤔

I hope by now you are enjoying your travels , I am very envious 😊!

Wildpurl good news your pond is progressing - will look forward to the photos !

Cassie I agree how quickly the time went , enjoy your holiday , bet you are ready for a break now !

Joan , hope you had a relaxing day today before a hectic week ahead ,

we went for a coffee at ES and DILs this morning and then a walk around local reservoir which was very pleasant .

Lovely to see you all looking so well 😊

Morning Ladies,

Yes it was lovely yesterday to  meet up it seemed to go very fast this time though, which is a shame, also that we did not get a photo this time. Have a good weekend what is left of it anyway x

It was lovely to see you all yesterday, and to catch up. The thought of a photo crossed my mind too and then disappeared again, we will have to make a point of taking the photo first next year.

rosie I hope you have a lovely trip over the next 7 weeks, I am very envious, it sounds relaxing and also lovely to spend time with your family. Please do post some photos if you can!

i arrived home to find the pond had progressed slightly! The section where the waterfall will go and there will be planting behind and around it has had the turf removed and it has been dug up, it is now possible to see the whole footprint and I think it will be very nice. Today the border edging will continue and apparently there will be concreting involved. Next weekend is planned to bed the pond properly into its location. I will of course share photos Smiley Wink

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend

Community Champion

Ladies it was lovely to see you all yesterday looking so well!

The lunch was lovely! 😜

I was gutted that we had forgotten to take our annual photo!😩 I was going to get the waitress to take one!😬

I met up with DH at the meeting point but he didn’t get there until 4.40! 😳

Not much sleep on Newhaven Port 3 hrs to check in! 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! X

Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie how emotional it must have been to go back to your university - my cousin went to keele university and teacher training college too , she is early 60s in age now and retired , be funny if you went with her too !

I felt a bit emotional yesterday too as myself and sister had to visit the lawyers with mum and dad to sign new wills and details for them - including where the ashes would be scattered - left me very unsettled afterwards .

So far I seem to have today off work 😊 which will be nice .

my train arrives st 10.39 so see you there and Cassie at the castle ! 😀

Community Champion

47563DD3-336A-4C19-BDF1-7208F72A9AB9.pngWeather for Sat in Oxford! Let’s hope it is right!🤔

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

It looks like we will be meeting at the station with the exception of Cassie who will join as at the usual coffee venue near the castle and indeed the lunch venue! I do hope that maybe it will be just an odd shower on Saturday, it depends which forecast you look at! 🙄

Yesterday was a very emotional day meeting up with a college friend I hadn’t seen for 38 years! We met in Crewe, which is where we went to teacher training college leaving 42 years ago to begin our teaching careers! Crewe itself is still a run down town desperately needing a regeneration project!😞 The college wasn’t in too bad condition as it was taken over by Manchester University. But they have now withdraw as it was attracting undesirable students through the clearing house! 

It is awaiting to be taken over by a medical firm! The halls of residence we were in during our final year were closed 5 years ago as they are subsiding! We met 2 security men who accompanied us round the campus. It was quite decent in our day and came under the umbrella of Keele University.

DH returns today after his golf trip to Wales. Tomorrow will be busy, a trip to the hairdressers for me and ensuring we have our packing to transfer to the Motorhome for our travels to France, Wales and Ireland!😀

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday! 😁

I should arrive at 10:35 so will look out for you at the station!

Hello Rosie,

I will meet you for coffee as it seems I will be the last to arrive at 11.20 no point in you all hanging about in the station unless it is tipping down I guess. Shame it looks like the weather will be horrible.

Joan and Lovewine, I will have to try your techniques for concealing shopping next time I buy clothes!

i haven’t booked train travel in advance as I get a good deal with my railcard, I would prefer to meet at the station so I will check times and let you know which train I plan to get and when I expect to arrive. 

I have never liked the new layout of the forum, it is very difficult to get a view of who has posted recently as each post now fills nearly all the page. They seem not to have realised it is normal in a forum to want to respond to several other posts at once and so need to be able to see and scroll through previous messages while posting.

Community Champion

Ladies , I totally agree with the problems of posting on the forum now .. I haven’t even been aware Cassie had posted or Joan , I experience the same problems in replying , I feel sometimes I miss commenting on topics because I either miss them altogether or can’t remember without scrolling back which I can’t do anymore !!

Joan I laughed at your purchases too - I leave my bags in the car and then bring them in when OH is in the garden 😄! 

Rosie , enjoy your meet up with your friend .

Cassie, I love Ilfracombe , Woolacoombe too - lovely beach.

Wildpurl , hope all is well with you . 

Yes raincoats will be needed on Saturday by the look of things 🌂

Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Joan I too have problems when replying to more than one post and have to scroll through on my phone and reply on my iPad! Sometimes I feel that I have ignored posts and not responded as fully as I would have liked!😳

Joan I get in to Oxford at 10.31and I am sure that Lovewine was around the same time! So see you there! Wildpurl and Cassie do you want to meet at the station or make your way to the coffee venue?

Yes I did get discharged from the knee specialist!🤗

Joan I had to laugh at your squashing your purchases into 2 bags so that OH wouldn’t have a fit!🤣🤣🤣

Lovewine you certainly has a couple of bargains form White Stuff! I often look in but can’t see such good bargains as you have managed to acquire!😏

The weather forecast still doesn’t look wonderful for Saturday in fact it mentions thunder!🙀 Make sure we all take a raincoat!

DH off to Wales for 2 days to play golf today and I am off to the library and to exchange a handbag! 

Tomorrow I am off to Crewe to meet a friend from Teacher Training College!

All good, here with me and the family, we have booked another short trip in Ilfracombe Devon the PM had a moan saying it was in the school holidays and  how important was it to me, I told her very it is booked so I can go with GS.

It looks like we may be meeting in  the rain on Saturday unless things change in the meantime, rain all dayWoman Frustrated

Good news Wildpurl I have my next check up in Sept, oncology discharged me in April but I will still be seen for another 5 years by the surgical team. Looking forward to our meet up x

Is anyone else having problems using the board at the moment? It used to be simple to reply and also bring up the discussion and then toggle between them. Now I can't seem to do that, so have to click on reply to a particular message and then press load when it tells me I have a reply autosaved. I thought it might just be a problem using the ipad but I'm on the PC now and it's driving me crackers on top of our continuing problems using the internet away from the router. First World problem I know, but very irritating.

In case I lose it all - or lose my rag completely - my train gets into Oxford - hopefully - at 10.45 so with any luck will meet a couple of you there - I think Rosie and Lovewine get in about the same time? Also, I think I may be able to get a reduction on our bill - I have a coupon from English Heritage. 

Great news about your last check-up Wildpurl, what a relief. Hope progress is being made on the pool, I hadn't realised it was so involved, never have undertaken such a job ourselves. 

Rosie, hope your knee also got discharged today.  glad OH's is less swollen. And how lovely to have traced your old friend after all these years.

Lovewine, hope no more ticks. My daughter's dog seems to pick them up quite often and it is quite a performance to get them out. Well done on the shopping, though you always do so well I'm not sure why I'm saying that. I had a bit of a shopping splurge in Stratford on Saturday, including in White Stuff, but not just them. Had to force the purchases into two bags so OH wouldn't have a fit! My excuse/reason was needing dresses etc for going to Istanbul in september. 

Cassie, hope you have had a good week. Haven't been able to check yet whether you have posted. 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine it has been very overcast here also over the weekend! On Saturday I met my sister in Hereford and then in in the evening DH and I went to the theatre in Malvern to see Fame! I walked 12000 steps that day! ☺️

Yesterday we went to the canal boat for coffee with our friends from upstairs and ending up by being tempted by the bacon sandwich!🤪 We came back and watched the tennis! What a game!🙃

Today DH is taking the motorhome in to get the gas changed for LCP which will be easier to refill in any country! I have an appointment at the hospital this afternoon and will hopefully be signed off with my knees! 😏

Looking forward to seeing you all at the weekend! 😁

Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Rosie how lovely to have traced your old friend after all this time, you will have a lot of catching up to do when you meet up! 

Weather has been a bit overcast all weekend here, warm though😏, just sat outside reading most of today, although i had some errands to do in Market Harborough this morning and i nipped into White Stuff as they had a sale on and bought a pair of navy chinos and a very pretty floral top for £28 the pair - what a bargain as the trousers were £45  before sale and the top  about £35😊i feel very pleased with myself! 

ES and DIL are in Newcastle for the weekend attending a big chinese banquet and wedding so we have Yogi staying here again , hes a lovely placid dog, but makes it quite difficult walking , he is ok with me but runs off when OH comes with us, he was dumped in a park and very badly treated before ES rescued him so he associates the car and a man in it as being left😕, so of course i then do the 2 walks a day , usually i do the morning one and OH the evening., but not so this weekend, but OH is cooking a very nice thai massaman curry this evening😊.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend, looking forward to seeing you all on saturday! 

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Wildpurl that’s great that you have been signed off also and won’t have to attend anymore check ups. Wildpurl DH is much easier to live with now the swelling has gone down. He is taking turmeric capsules suggested by the doctor in Cyprus, so these could also be aiding his reduced swelling but I definitely don’t think the heat helped!

Let’s hope that the weather will remain dry and OH will feel the need to complete the pond project!🙄

Lovewine I bet that your cat wasn’t impressed by the tick removal we used to have to remove them from our dog and she took off if I started searching for them! She had several once and we had to take her to the vet and she ran round the surgery with him running after her!🤣 He cornered her and won! 

Hope you managed your dog walk last night I think it was dry?🤔

Yesterday I spoke to an childhood friend that I had lost contact with over 30 years ago! I have tried to trace her several times and tried another search recently and found her mother’s obituary! I contacted the funeral director and asked if they could pass on my email address. To my surprise within 48 hours I heard from my friend who was over the moon! She had changed her surname as her married name was Spratt and they changed it as her children weren’t keen on the name!😳 

We spent an hour on the phone and plan to meet up later in the year!😀

Off to Birmingham on the train today to meet friend from Bredon who has moved to Rugby!

Joan and Cassie hope the week is going well for you two?

Community Champion

Good morning ladies . 

Wildpurl great news you are now discharged ! What a relief 😊 . 

Rosie , maybe the heat swells the joints / ligaments more in DHs knee perhaps ? Glad though he’s feeling more comfortable . 

Cassie sorry your brothers party was spoiled by such bad behaviour , the landlady definitely at fault also for not kicking the idiot out instead of serving him more beer ! Good you have a nice holiday to look forward too though .

Joan good news about the Prosecco voucher !! 

Busy week for me , had to remove a massive tick embedded deep in my elderly cats paw last night - wore gardening gloves and wrapped her head in a towel while OH got it out 😬, she wasn’t impressed ! Although she’s happy now and not limping .

Dog walking group tonight , although not sure if it’s going to stay dry🤔.

Afternoon ladies, today I had my five year checkup with the surgeon and have been discharged with a clean bill of health. I was bricking it before the appointment, so glad I haven’t got to go through that any more!

joan, good news about the Prosecco voucher! 

Rosie, it is interesting that DH's knee is so much better without the intense heat, he must be much more comfortable.

Cassie, what a pity about the disruption at EB's birthday bash, some people's behaviour just beggars belief. Good news about your planned holiday though, I bet you can’t wait.

rosie I had to laugh at your question about the pond. There are complicated logistics to take into account and in my opinion it will not be finished before the end of the summer. We do now have a pump and a layout for the planting area, so there is slow progress, but I know from experience that O.H. cannot be rushed. He does do a very good job, though.

not long now till our meet up, I am looking forward to seeing you all

Community Champion

Good Afternoon ladies!

Lovewine how lovely to eat your fish and chips in a fellow dog walkers garden especially with a large glass of white!🤪

Since we have left the heat in Cyprus DH’s knee has greatly reduced in swelling and he is walking normally it just bothers him now and again if he twists it!🙄

Cassie how awful to have such a disturbance at EB’s birthday celebration!😳 I am very surprised that the instigator wasn’t thrown out, he should never have been allowed to stay and carry on drinking!😡

I don’t blame you and YD booking a week in Zakinthos it is a less commercialised island than

Cyprus, it will be very hot!🥵

How lovely that GS took part in the performance of Bugsy Malone it will be very good for him to get involved in drama!

Joan how marvellous that Prezzo have sent you a Prosecco voucher! 🥂🍾

It sounds like you are very busy again just be careful that you don’t overdo it! 😳

We have just returned from the Motorhome Rally it will be good to have a few days to relax before we start our big road trip!😄

Wildpurl have you managed to complete the pool project?🤔

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

We arrived safely very early Fri am due to train delay! Then we came on to motorhome Rally after getting done supplies! Only just in Stourport so near home! 

Limited 4g will catch up with you all tomorrow!

Enjoy Sunday.

Good news ladies, Prezzo have sent me a Proseco voucher again for my birthday! And it will be valid for our get together. 

Just back from a hot and tiring, but stimulating work meeting in Cardiff, my first since Xmas. Even managed a trip to John Lewis, though not very productive. Having a frustrating time with my wireless connection other than when sitting next to the router so cant sit in comfort with the ipad. Think it may be to do with my internet connection on the PC being sorted earlier this week. You win one, you lose one ! 

Wildpurl, looks like the pool is progressing fast, are you planning further work this weekend? Cassie, what a shame about the disturbance at EBs birthday celebration. Lovely to hear that GS was participating in the school performance. I expect his summer holidays are imminent. Will you be looking after/entertaining him some of the time. We are expecting to have ours two days a week, hope we get good weather. Good youve booked a holiday, you deserve abreak. 

Sorry to hear about OHs continuing knee problems, Rosie, it sounds really quite nasty. And his reaction to the anti inflammatories. But how lovely to have the surprise party. Lovewine, hope you have had a somewhat easier week, and a relaxing day today.