350471posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good evening ladies , it certainly is quiet on here at the moment , I find the new layout very annoying as I either seem to lose my whole post or can’t find the right place to reply 😡

Joan how annoying about the fruitless visit to view a car , one of my dog walking friends bought a new car in the week ( with the help from her father !) she took me out for a ride in it and it’s very nice - Honda CV , but the customer service was appalling , no hand shake , she had to ask for a cup of coffee and the sales person knew nothing about the car she had just spent £9,000 on !!

i agree with the political debacle , don’t know what’s going to happen , a real shambles .

a beautiful day here today , we had a lovely walk this morning and this afternoon I spent reading in my swinging chair in the garden - don’t think there will be many more days left doing that !

Hope everyone is ok , Rosie have a great trip and look forward to seeing your photos 🙄!

Highlighted

Goodness, where is everybody? Hope you are all OK. Thanks for the PM, Rosie, now been on facebook and seen your photos, which were lovely- and all the right way up. Hope this week has been quieter at school, and the heat less oppressive. 

Nothing much happened this week on the personal front-unlike the political scene which gets madder by the day. GD’s first week at new school seems to have gone well and GS managed to get himself home on the school bus without his sister to prompt him. We had a fairly fruitless trip to Newport this morning - we were going to look at a particular model of car OH is planning to buy, but although their web site said it was there, it wasnt and the salesman said they had not had it! He wasnt particularly interested anyway, esp when we said we wanted to buy second hand. Wont be going there again. We had planned to combine the trip with taking the GC to a nearby castle and a roman camp on Tuesday but OH was unfortunately struck down with vertigo and was in bed all day so I had to find things for them to do. The house looked like we’d had very messy burglars! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Morning Ladies!

Joan I have sent you a Private message to tell you how to add me as a friend on Facebook!

Lovewine so glad that your dad enjoyed his tea, walk and visit to ES and DIL’s! 

I have just come form school as they have staff training today and it is manic! The secondary staff can’t go to the new site as it is manic there with workforce trying to finish off! To top it all the Municipality have stopped work on the access road to the car park saying there is a problem!🙀😬😳 Goodness only knows how this will get resolved with only 1 day before opening!

I have come home! DH is putting furniture together at the new site and I have just had coffee with the librarian at the Hotel opposite school where they are filming the Hungarian version of Love Island! It is full of film crew!

Personally I have never watched Love Island but understand it’s about scantily clad couples who try to get off with each other!😳

Two of our staff did see such a lady being filmed getting out of a car last week!🙀

Another month another week! It will soon be another year! Frightening how time passes so quickly!

Joan good for you taking part in the protest am impressed by your protest history Cassie! 😊

I am more of a sign a petition lady! 🤣

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, Joan i googled Bristol demos and saw what you were joining in, totally agree with you, i also voted to remain, but think the latest move is not right at all , good for you. 

Cassie, the children here returned to school last week, hope GS settles in well , it is a strain buying everything they need and the uniform etc, hope ED settles back into a routine, not easy for her i am sure.

Dad enjoyed his lunch yesterday , nice for him to get taken out. 

We did a nice walk through woodland this morning and then called in for coffee at ES and DILs .

Rosie, hope you are not too hot in the high temperatures 😅, Expect you are looking forward to doing your next trip, look forward to seeing your photos😊.

Joan, i am not at all familiar with facebook, i just typed in Rosies name which was already recognized from my phone contacts and i was then added as a friend , allowing access to the photos etc.

Wildpurl, hope you are enjoying your pond and filling it with plants now. 

I cant believe its the 1st of September today😏

Highlighted

I hope this week is less stressful for you Cassie. Its fortunate you are able to help out with the cost of GS school uniform but its awful that you have to-are there any grants ED could apply for? I know there used to-be but from an article in todays Observer I see that these are now rare. What about parents who dont have relatives who can help out. I’m that they had a good break away, though as you say, coming back is not so good for your daughter. 

Rosie, how do I find you on Facebook? Are you finding it more difficult to cope with the summer heat in Cyprus now you arent there so much?

Lovewine, hope the tea went well.

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies. Didn’t mean to be mysterious about the demo, it was one of many across the country protesting against the proroguing of parliament. I admit to having voted to remain but I think whatever ones position this is a step too far. It was an amazing- though exhausting experience. I did  wonder whether it would be a damp squib because it was somewhat underorganised and when we arrived a bit early at the site there were only about 50 people there. Then they started to flood in and they reckon there were eventually about 5000 marching (slowly fortunately) through the centre of Bristol for about 90 minutes. All very calm, no-one arrested Lovewine, very few heckles and a lot of support from onlookers. Didnt  stay for the speeches though, since they hadnt organised a sound system so we couldn't hear so fell into the cafe at the nearby library and had, eventually, a delicious freshly made sandwich -stilton, walnut, pear and apricot chutney. So all in all a good day. 

Very impressed with your record Cassie.  

Going to post this now since find it difficult to respond to posts without losing what Ive said. 

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies,

It has been quite a strain catching up with the backlog of work, hopefully net week will be less busy and stressful. GS goes back to school next week and is looking forward to it, I have been helping his mum out with his school uniform he has grown so much everything except is blazer needed to be replaced. ED, GS, BF and his son have just returned from a Mon-Fri break in Camber sands which they all enjoyed ED feels hemmed in already in her flat in London its hard but not much I can do to help.

Joan what was the demo for ? I am intrigued now, I have attended a few myself, for affordable housing, to prevent local A&E closures and also in my teenage years to try to prevent my secondary school from being closed down, that one did not help it is now a block of flats. I still have the newspaper clipping somewhere with myself the head teacher and some other girls chanting and demonstrating at the old GLC building by the Thames.

Sorry that the website is not loading your photos Rosie it is a pain, I also have to find the correct page every time I log in, its fine on my phone it opens at the most recent posts but not on my PC it opens 20/03/19 every time for some reason, its very annoying.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

Joan I am too intrigued by your demo! 🤔

Glad you are making the most of your London visit.

My YGD who is 10 is also part of a three tier system and started middle school last September! She found it difficult at first but has now adjusted well! At least it will not be such a jump when they go to High School!

Middle GD found starting secondary last September, at just 11 by 2 weeks, difficult! 😳

Lovewine glad you found me on Facebook! Did you see the French photos also? There were a few of Monet’s House and Garden! I didn’t put many up in Wales as I didn’t always have my phone with me as all the family were together!☺️ Not sure if I put any up of the Ty Coch Inn? But we went there again and the prawn sandwich was just as good as 2 years ago!😜

DH and I are struggling in the heat the temperatures should drop a little mid September so when we come back on October 4th it will be much more pleasant! 

I am sure that your dad will enjoy his birthday treat at the Garden Centre! We don’t need garden centres anymore but occasionally use one for lunch as the food is both well priced and good quality!

Enjoy the weekend ladies! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies , seem to be waking up early 🙄

Joan I am intrigued at your demo , hope you don’t get arrested !! Looks like you have a busy September . Enjoy it 😊. Not long until your holiday .

Rosie I found you on Facebook and loved your photos , what beautiful scenery on the west coast of Ireland . I expect you are finding the very hot temperatures of Cyprus very difficult after being away in more cooler weather !

I am taking my dad for lunch today for his birthday treat , taking him to the local garden centre which has a very nice cafe and shops which he can walk gently around , my mum and sister are also joining us .😊

Cassie and Wildpurl hope you are both ok .

Have a nice weekend ladies .

Highlighted

Hi Rosie, the holiday proper starts on 16th September but we are in London for the weekend before. Sunday we are going to a friends golden wedding in Milton Keynes and since its a lunch I persuaded OH to go up the day before so we’re meeting ED and partner in London to go to an exhibition. 

A first for us tomorrow, going to a demo in Bristol! More conventional day today, took GC to a National Trust property. Tuesday will be our last full day with them, school starts on Wednesday. GD starting new school -they have a three tier system so she moves up to middle school. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Afternoon ladies from a very hot Cyprus! 🥵

We arrived back late last night!

DH has already changed his shirt once today!😳 At least we don’t have any issues drying clothes here! 🤣

A lot of work has been going on in our absence with the new school site which opens next week for secondary pupils. Our present site at Agios Georgios will house the primary and Early Years.

Lovewine hopefully you managed to access my Facebook and see all my postings from our road trip where the photos were of a far better standard than those I managed to dump on the forum!😳

Wildpurl looking forward to completion of pond project pictures!

Joan when is it exactly you go away?

Cassie is GS looking forward to going back to school?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan what excellent news regarding your mammogram and blood test ! Enjoy your holiday plans now 😊

Rosie what lovely photos , you looked like you had a wonderful time !

i am on Facebook but never post anything , I will see if I can be your friend on there 🤔

very hard work today as it’s been so warm , but it’s just started to rain , maybe cool things down slightly .

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Joan what wonderful news that both mammogram and blood test were clear! You must feel so relieved and can now look forward to your forthcoming holiday!

I am afraid that the photos don’t do our holiday any justice I was limited to photos that were a suitable file size to upload! I don’t have any control over which way up they decide to upload and I got very frustrated and cross with the whole procedure! It is so easy to upload pictures to Facebook! 

In fact if any of you have a Facebook account and want to accept me as a friend you will then see much better quality photographs! I uploaded several a day very quickly and with limited data! PM me if you do.

We are now preparing for our trip to Cyprus tomorrow. I am still dealing with washing from our road trip!🙀

At least you will all have a short week ladies!😏

Highlighted

Cassie,hope you had an enjoyable  week in Devon and shared the good weather. Love the photos, Rosie, even the upside-down ones. What a road trip you have had. The tea for DILs birthday looked delicious,Lovewine. You’re making good progress with the pool, Wildpurl, looking forward to seeing the photos when its completed.

I’ve had  a very busy couple of weeks. Had a lovely long Bank Holiday weekend with ED and partner staying - went to the coast yesterday which was good, though busy and hot though managed to hire deckchairs and a beach umbrella. Also met up with YD and family who were camping near Lyme Regis with some friends. Their campsite was so busy that the water ran out! Not good. 

Had some good news at the end of the week, both the mammogram and the blood test for bowel cancer were clear. So will be able to go on holiday. Three weeks today will be setting off on the train to Istanbul. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

7CE3764E-F7CF-414D-9919-CBBACFF8FDCB.jpegA12E0C8B-D8E8-4AA0-8148-243E8D6C0122.jpegA9227E7B-1E18-4C5F-AA80-56B6299960AF.jpeg9901ABB1-7A15-487B-8A5E-B02DFA888D5E.jpegC46E6FED-495C-4684-961E-3987663F5A92.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

92CDA203-FAE1-4E8D-A361-551044DE54E1.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry ladies that seems the best I can do and they have mainly arrived upside down!😡 I selected  more but they said the files were too big! I do wish they would make uploading photos easier on the forum! 😬

Highlighted
Community Champion

84D4F039-A4B5-4A05-947E-FFA0515CDB7A.jpegACAB09C9-40EE-4E0E-A7DF-E55D25BE92F3.jpegD0C62263-E218-44F6-8397-BF0134590632.jpegD9F8BEB3-57C2-49BD-A335-949153B6344F.jpegBB2AA02A-794F-4F95-A06B-2B0C5E7BA91F.jpeg84F09923-E8C5-4975-8CD5-17CD11BF4B3B.jpeg0219F245-C657-4241-84CC-35951CD2B0CC.jpegD3718FB8-347A-4D19-89A7-562ECB4A742B.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies we are back at home in Worcester! What a blast we have had!😃

France was very warm but we enjoyed cooking and eating outside the motorhome! Wales with the family was a very special week and we were blessed with mostly dry weather! I miss the kids and grandchildren so much! 😥 Because of changing circumstances with our DD who knows when all the family will be together?😞

Ireland we had very mixed weather the scenery was spectacular and we took loads of photographs! We did have some challenging nights when the rain lashed and the wind rocked the van!🙀😳 We started in Dublin, where we visited the Guinness factory then down to Waterford before starting the West Atlantic Way to Connemara! We then crossed back to Athlone and finally to Dublin! We could have done with another week to do it justice! The Irish folk were very friendly and welcoming.😃👍

We have been away for 36 days!🙀 Our journey started on the day we met in Oxford!

We return to Cyprus on Wednesday for 8 days before returning to go on a continental rally with the motorhome club, Belgium, Holland and Germany for 3 weeks! 

I was shattered last night when we finally reached home!😴

Have loads of washing to do did do some en route. Everything here has to go through a drier which is very annoying given the weather!😡

I will attempt to put a picture from each leg of our journey if I can!

Lovewine what lovely pictures and what a scrummy tea!😜 Hopefully you are enjoying your swinging chair this weekend and taking time to relax!

Wildpurl so glad to hear that at last the pond project is nearing its end! Ireland didn't have a bank holiday last weekend, I don’t know why I thought it was last weekend!😳

Cassie hopefully you enjoyed your Devon trip I expect GS will be returning to school soon.

Joan I think you are off on holiday next month sometime? I bet you have had hundreds of visitors to the Pier over the summer!

Enjoy your extra day ladies tomorrow!

Highlighted

What lovely photos Lovewine! And a very yummy looking afternoon tea. Pity about the wasps, but it’s the time of year unfortunately.

The pond continues to progress, it even has a couple of plants in it now and all the slate edging is complete. 

I don’t know what is going on with the forum but every time I log in it takes me to a random page in the middle somewhere, then I have to work out which order the posts are in as it changes that when logging in and when posting. I have to scroll to the bottom to select a page each time as there is no page navigation at the top, and the pages are long! It’s really irritating.

i hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday weather, it’s a bit hot for me but we are having a quiet weekend mostly at home, so keeping in the shade.

Highlighted
Community Champion

ES and DIL afternoon tea !ES and DIL afternoon tea !

8923AEA5-EB88-4D7E-B08B-1B956275C67E.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies , just noticed my post from Monday isn’t on here , completely vanished !

anyway. Hope you are all well , Rosie I expect you are nearing the end of your road trip ? Sounds lovely . Especially Ireland😊

Wildpurl I would love a pond but it’s out of the question with Kipp as he loves water and would be in it all of the time, it must be lovely to sit and hear the water and watch the wildlife  too .

Joan , hope you haven’t been too busy?

Cassie I think your weather this week has been nice , hope you enjoyed it !

We had a very nice afternoon tea last Sunday for DILs birthday , slightly spoiled by a wasp invasion forcing us eventually to sit inside .

Enjoy the bank holiday everyone😎

Highlighted

Evening everyone. Rosie the bank holiday is next week, maybe it’s earlier in Ireland? I hope you enjoy your meal and live music, I went to a pub like that in Dublin when I visited a few years ago and the music was excellent.

well ladies, the waterfall feature is installed now and the pump and filter are connected up and the pleasant sound of running water can be heard from our little patio. So we are nearly there! There are more stones to cement in and some electrical connections to wire in rather than using plugs, but then we can start planting, at least in the pond. I’m really happy we have got this far! Pictures when it looks less like a building site LOL.

cassie I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

lovewine and Joan I hope you have a good week

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Ladies in Doolin Co Clare! Free WiFi at this site!👍😀

Cassie how lovely of your friend to show her appreciation by treating you to a meal! 😊

Do hope that your have found good weather in Devon?

Lovewine, Wildpurl and Joan hope you are enjoying the bank holiday!

We are going to a traditional Irish Pub tonight to eat where there is live music! Should be an experience!

It’s mainly dry today with sunny spells but blustery!

Highlighted

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I have not been to Devon yet we are going tomorrow, hopefully the weather will pick up a bit and at least not rain every day as was the forecast last week. It was really odd going to work for one week only but I could not take leave before because of my dog walking friend being off work. She insisted on paying for my lunch today because I have seen her through some difficult times recently and have been a good friend which was very nice of her to show her appreciation. We had a bit of I insist and there is no need but she won in the end Woman Very Happy

I bought a wild pearl bracelet and a top today, very naughty after having my highlights and haircut and nails done yesterday, oh well ready for the next trip now. I will take a cool bag with sandwiches, popcorn and some artisan cakes I purchased today, it is a long journey, we should arrive around 4pm or just after.

I have bought and sold curtains on ebay but usually make and line my own, I only have curtains in the bedrooms, I have to hem the nets top and bottom so a wire can be fitted to hold them in place because they are dorma windows, not difficult to do but much tidier and we can maintain some privacy that way.

Have a good weekend x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Ladies from a wild Atlantic way!💨🌧🙀

Fortunately we are getting some dry sunny spells and the scenery is stunning! 😀 We are currently on the Dingle peninsular tracking towards Limerick tomorrow! 

Wildpurl how clever of you to make curtains you have many skills!😌

Lovewine hope your friend’s dog behaves! 

Enjoy the afternoon tea with DIL and ES!😜

Joan I expect that your family are back from holiday now? Enjoy ED’s visit.

Cassie have you been to Devon yet?

Hope the weather settles down for bank holiday! 🤨

Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening ladies from a very wet Leicestershire️.

Rosie your road trip sounds great , hope it’s staying fairly dry for you , especially on the Wild West coast !

We visited Ireland a few years ago and stayed in kinsale  near Cork  and I really enjoyed it , much slower pace of life than here!

Wildpurl at least you had a small bit of dry weather . You have made good progress with the pond 😊.

i have had today off and been busy clearing out my wardrobe and de cluttering , also having a general clear out !

tomorrow I have one of the dog walking clubs dogs for the day while my friend picks up her daughter from a university placement and Sunday we have booked afternoon tea for DILs birthday which we are going along with them too , it’s at foxton locks which is very scenic .

Joan I hope you have had a good week , think you said you have a busy weekend .

Cassie hope you aren’t too loaded with work 🤔 are you off to Ilfracombe soon ?

Have a lovely weekend ladies . 

Highlighted

Afternoon ladies, it is a wet day again here although after today it is supposed to brighten up and return to summer for a few weeks. I’m glad you are enjoying your Irish tour rosie, I look forward to seeing photographs when you are back home.

i managed a bit of gardening this morning before the rain started, then went to a yoga class, which I have switched to from Body Balance and am really enjoying. Later on I have a hairdresser appointment.

I too have a pair of Dunelm curtains, in my study. I bought them on eBay for £13.50 including postage and had to slightly lengthen both, which was easily done. I’m very happy with them. The only other room with curtains is the dining room and I made those myself. OH checked the price of getting them made by the fabric manufacturer compared to buying the fabric and notions and me making them, and it was the same, so as I preferred to make them I was allowed to go ahead!

Hope everyone is OK and enjoying the last month of summer

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies waiting for laundry to do and found a free WiFi spot! 👍 We are at Eagle Point in Bantry weather mixed today. We managed a walk this am. Run out of socks not used to wearing them! 😳

We have started our journey round the Wild West Atlantic Way! We return to Worcester on Aug 23rd will post you some pics when I get back to iPad! 

Joan sorry your ED couldn’t make it but at least you have made good use of the unexpected time! Are you having ready made curtains or ones made? Dunelm is good for either! We had our lounge curtains made by them and they were perfect! We also purchased 2 pairs of ready made and again perfect! 

You can search online in the comfort of your own home!👍

Hope all is well with you Lovewine, Cassie and Wildpurl!

Highlighted

Cassie, your holiday sounds wonderful. Love the idea of horseriding in the sea. Rosie, hope all going well on your Irish road trip; sad to say goodbye to the family though. Good news about your friend’s results, Lovewine, lets hope the chemo keeps working for a good long time. Its such a shame about the balloon festival, Wildpurl, unfortunately it does seem to get affected by the weather quite often, and this weekend has been appalling.  

We were expecting ED and partner to come down for a few days yesterday but they decided to leave it till the Bank Holiday weekend. We made good use of the free time and the bad weather by doing what we have been putting off for months, choosing new curtain material for our bedroom and a new bed. Spoilt for choice with the beds, so quite bemused after two mornings trying out different ones, but I think we’ve more or less decided. Havent done so well on the curtains. A relatively quiet week ahead with YD still away, and ED not coming so mainly work again but busy weekend following, theatre on Saturday, London on Sunday to see the Leonardo exhibition. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies!

We are on road trip part 3 in Ireland!

My heart was very heavy when we had to part from the family yesterday! We didn’t do too badly for weather! Lovewine we went to Ty Coch Inn for lunch one day and the GC went in sea! 😳

So glad to read that your friend continues to have more time!

I am sure that your parents will love ES and DIL’s new home!

Joan hope all went well with the mammogram? 

Cassie sorry you didn’t see the turtles!

Wildpurl marvellous news about the pond!

🤗

Been on a Big Bus tour of Dublin today and visited Guinness Storehouse! Had a free pint of Guinness! 🥴

Highlighted

Morning everyone, it is not a great weekend weather wise, we are in Bristol for the balloon fiesta,  staying with DS and GF, we had a nice day yesterday pottering about in Bristol but there were no balloons flying yesterday and will not be any today, either, which is a shame. Still, we will have a nice time anyway.

The pond was fixed in last week, the pump tested successfully and the edging stones have been cemented in around it. We need a few more but it is looking good and has been filled up. We saw some birds drinking from it a few days ago. There is a weekend's work to finish that, install the pump and waterfall and then we can start planting. It’s all come together quite quickly in the end.

cassie your holiday sounds lovely, rosie glad to hear your family holiday is enjoyable. Lovewine, good news about your friend and I am sure you are pleased the ivy has been cleared. Joan, it sounds as if you are having a quiet time for a few weeks, I quite like that in late summer.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies , what awful weather , blowing a gale and heavy rain which I think we are all getting at some point !

Rosie I hope you have a safe trip from North Wales, think you mentioned you are off to Ireland next ? 

Cassie your holiday sounds lovely , back to the usual routine now 😬

I am picking up mum and dad this morning and taking them over to ES and DILs to see their new house now they have just about finished the decorating , they have worked very hard on it and it looks lovely .

OH has had last week off and has been working hard on the ivy removal on our outhouse which has been very hard work , most of it is now off.

Our friend has had his scan results which he has every 3 months and so far all tumours have shrunk or disappeared which is very encouraging , they are all in his chest wall and inoperable so he is relying on the chemo to keep him going for as long as possible , he was originally told he probarly wouldn’t have more than a few months ( this was in January ) so keeping everything crossed the chemo continues to work .

Joan I hope the mammogram wasn’t too painful yesterday , now the wait for results 😬, I know last year I waited about 6 weeks for mine . Hope you caught up on your work this week too while the GC were on holiday !

Wildpurl, how is the pond progressing ? Probarly not going to be able to do much this weekend in the garden with the weather situation !

Havd a good weekend everyone .

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

We are now back from Zakyanthos and the sun is shining which is lovely we had no WiFi and my phone kept dying while away so I am not sure if I may need a new one I will test it out  for a while now we are home. The trip was lovely the apartment was very sweet typically greek and quaint, no TV only 20 apartments and the host was exceptional remembered every ones names and really could not do enough for you. We went to spot turtles but were unlucky, saw the ship wreck which was a bit over rated far too many people, on the little cove. We went riding into the sea which was lovely the trip was riding and a swim but I was not expecting to go  in on  the horse! Oh well back to reality I hope al ladies are well x

Highlighted

Good to hear from you Rosie, glad you enjoyed your French trip. Hope the Welsh one is going well, despite the poor WiFi. 

Wildpurl, hope you had a more successful weekends gardening. We made some progress with ours but only weeding and pruning so though it looks tidier it wasnt very interesting. 

Sounds as if you were also on overdue pruning duties on Sunday too Lovewine. Your aunt dies sound a bit of a trial, you are very good continuing to take her places. 

I am still having difficulties with this site. I cant any longer toggle between the thread and replying to it. Is anyone else having that problem. The only way I can do it is to reply to an individual post and then go back to that and press reply again when it then brings up autosaved content. Most frustrating, especially when there have been a whole series of posts.

i dont have much to post about so far this week, although at Qi Gong yesterday we were filmed as part of a DVD Penny Brohn are producing. We have been asking for several years about having a DVD so we could practise the sequences at home. Now we wont have any excuse for not doing so. I am intending to spend most of the week working since no GC to look after. But do have my mammogram on Friday, so something to look forward to!!! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies awful WiFi in house!🥴 

Out with DD on Supermarket trip so a quick hi from her car!

Lovely to have family all together! 😍

Weather until today been dry showers today!

Take care ladies! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies , Rosie I hope you are now in lovely Wales 😊, glad you had a good trip to France , very hot though ! It will be great to have everyone together , hope the weather stays good for you 🤞

We are tackling a very overgrown ivy plant on our outhouse roof today , it’s been a bit too hot to be bothered other times we have wanted to do it ! Probarly then go for a walk !

Took my elderly aunt out on Friday to a garden centre for coffee as she was feeling sorry for herself saying she doesn’t see anyone 🤔- she actually has a better social life than most !!  I have to find every bit of patience I have , which isn’t very much ! - she is very demanding and cantankerous 🙄.

Wildpurl , nice you had some time to yourself last week , your vegetable garden certainly seems to be thriving 😊

Joan , I think it’s this week the GC are on holiday ? Hope you can have some relaxing days as well as work .

Cassie hope all is well and you enjoyed your holiday !

Highlighted

Evening everyone, it is warming up a bit here now again, but it was good to have so much rain after the intense heat. Most of my vegetables are now enormous, we are harvesting dwarf beans, beetroot, fennel and carrots as well as new potatoes.

Glad you enjoyed your stay in France rosie! Joan, your weeks sound busy but nice to have time with the grandchildren.

i have this Thursday off, my last short week for this summer and tomorrow looks nice too, so I hope to do some gardening and cooking as well as crafting. I’ve finally got my energy back after the heatwave.

Not much progress on anything over last weekend as it rained most of the time and then we had garden tasks to do. I await possible progress this weekend!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello Ladies just a quick sign on to day we are back in England now en route to Wales!😀 Had a lovely time in France loved a Monet’s house and garden! 😍 

I have managed to use 80% of my data due to no WiFi! 😳🙀 Should hopefully get some in the Wales property! 

Hope you are all well. It was 43 in France over the heatwave!😓🥵

Highlighted
Community Champion

🤔Good evening ladies , at least the rain has stopped today after a dreadful weekend , last week was certainly challenging working in the hot weather too!

Rosie , Shame you cant post until the end of August , I hope you are enjoying your trip around parts of France and also your week with the family in Wales goes well , love that part of the world , especially the ty coch pub !

Joan , at least you got your purchases on your  last visit to Stratford , shame about the rain this time . Enjoy your free time when the family are on holiday !

I think you are on holiday this week Cassie 🤔have a lovely time .

Wildpurl how is the pond progressing ? 

Have a good week everyone .

Highlighted

Goodness the board has been very quiet.  It will be very strange not to have Rosie posting till the end of August. It was lovely to see you all in Oxford. Hope you all found ways of coping with the heat last week. I have just spent a couple of hours working on the pier archive in a tiny room with one small window so am very glad to be back home with all the doors open and a cold drink. I had a very busy week with work and grandchildren, and this one is likely to be the same. Then they are off on holiday. Phew! Did have a nice day in Stratford on Saturday although it tipped down with rain in the morning. Just as well I’d had my shopping blitz the last time we were there. 

Hope you have all had enjoyable weekends - I expect the pool has progressed further  Wildpurl- and this week goes well. 

Highlighted

Goodness the board has been very quiet.  It will be very strange not to have Rosie posting till the end of August. It was lovely to see you all in Oxford. Hope you all found ways of coping with the heat last week. I have just spent a couple of hours working on the pier archive in a tiny room with one small window so am very glad to be back home with all the doors open and a cold drink. I had a very busy week with work and grandchildren, and this one is likely to be the same. Then they are off on holiday. Phew! Did have a nice day in Stratford on Saturday although it tipped down with rain in the morning. Just as well I’d had my shopping blitz the last time we were there. 

Hope you have all had enjoyable weekends - I expect the pool has progressed further  Wildpurl- and this week goes well. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Can’t post any more telling me my files are too big! Will post some on return to my iPad which will not be till end of August!🙀

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies all is well in France weather is wonderful! Stayed at Honfleur overnight a very picturesque town! 

Wildpurl I was glad to hear that the pond made progress in your absence!😃

Cassie enjoy your trip to Devon!

Lovewine I hope you find time during the week to take further advantage of your swinging chair!11F163F5-DF37-4766-A48B-89BB9F2FE01D.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie I remembered about the photo on the train home and really wished we had remembered to take one 🤔

I hope by now you are enjoying your travels , I am very envious 😊!

Wildpurl good news your pond is progressing - will look forward to the photos !

Cassie I agree how quickly the time went , enjoy your holiday , bet you are ready for a break now !

Joan , hope you had a relaxing day today before a hectic week ahead ,

we went for a coffee at ES and DILs this morning and then a walk around local reservoir which was very pleasant .

Lovely to see you all looking so well 😊

Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

Yes it was lovely yesterday to  meet up it seemed to go very fast this time though, which is a shame, also that we did not get a photo this time. Have a good weekend what is left of it anyway x

Highlighted

It was lovely to see you all yesterday, and to catch up. The thought of a photo crossed my mind too and then disappeared again, we will have to make a point of taking the photo first next year.

rosie I hope you have a lovely trip over the next 7 weeks, I am very envious, it sounds relaxing and also lovely to spend time with your family. Please do post some photos if you can!

i arrived home to find the pond had progressed slightly! The section where the waterfall will go and there will be planting behind and around it has had the turf removed and it has been dug up, it is now possible to see the whole footprint and I think it will be very nice. Today the border edging will continue and apparently there will be concreting involved. Next weekend is planned to bed the pond properly into its location. I will of course share photos 😉

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies it was lovely to see you all yesterday looking so well!

The lunch was lovely! 😜

I was gutted that we had forgotten to take our annual photo!😩 I was going to get the waitress to take one!😬

I met up with DH at the meeting point but he didn’t get there until 4.40! 😳

Not much sleep on Newhaven Port 3 hrs to check in! 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie how emotional it must have been to go back to your university - my cousin went to keele university and teacher training college too , she is early 60s in age now and retired , be funny if you went with her too !

I felt a bit emotional yesterday too as myself and sister had to visit the lawyers with mum and dad to sign new wills and details for them - including where the ashes would be scattered - left me very unsettled afterwards .

So far I seem to have today off work 😊 which will be nice .

my train arrives st 10.39 so see you there and Cassie at the castle ! 😀

Highlighted
Community Champion

47563DD3-336A-4C19-BDF1-7208F72A9AB9.pngWeather for Sat in Oxford! Let’s hope it is right!🤔