68106members
358430posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine not a nice time for you to go back to the hospital where you had your CT scan but at least you could reassure the poor worried lady that there is life after cancer! 

I don’t suppose that you have resumed your Wednesday dog walking sessions yet as the weather doesn’t look too brilliant?🤔

We had just cleared all the patio furniture for the summer and we had a Coptic storm! This resulted in everything being covered in sand including the cars! 😬

We are also having a battle with ants! There were in the cereal packets and even on the cling film in the drawer!😡 We have got some ant traps and the kitchen spay is a very good method of ending their antics! We have to be so careful, just one crumb and it gets surrounded by an army! The work top is dark so very difficult to see the little pests!🙀

Ladies enjoy your extra day on Monday, I am glad we have finished with bank holidays for the time being! I was back here over a week before things got back to normal!

Highlighted

Good evening ladies, a very busy week for me , took Dad on Tuesday evening for his scan , he went in early and they were very efficient, i felt a bit unsettled as it was were i had my first CT scan , while i sat waiting for dad there was a lady waiting for her scan , she sat quietly crying and i felt really sorry for her, i chatted to her for a while and she has the same consultant as me and was halfway through chemo with breast cancer, she is 39 . Joan, i hope your conjunctivitis clears up, its very unpleasant, how did your visit to the living well go today, hope you found it useful. Cassie, sorry you are still feeling rubbish, hopefully you are picking up a bit now, bank holiday too, hopefully giving you a bit more time to yourself. Rosie, yes i offered to book the restaurant this year, i will do that shortly, the castle for coffee and the venue are good for me too. I will also get the train which is the easiest option. On the feeling put upon subject, i feel very much that way sometimes, My sister doesnt drive, neither does my Mum, my sister only works half the hours i do, leaving a lot of the running around to me🤨, what particularly annoys me is that my sister and family often have meals out etc for family birthdays and i am not invited, but am soon needed for the less desirable outings like hospital appointments 😡... families eh 😏!!!! Wildpurl, i hope your shoulder is fully recovered now , expect you are well under way with your garden projects and planting, it is forecast to be quite cold over the weekend here . Have a good weekend ladies.
Highlighted

Hi Joan our meet up is July 20th! I think Wildpurl had a function the following Saturday?

I have to know quite a while in advance due to ensuring we are in the UK! We arrive back on July 12th and leave for France after our Oxford meet up on July 20th for 10 days! 

Lovewine I think I am right in saying that you said you would book the lunch venue this year. I am more than happy with our previous meet-up coffee at the castle and then on to the restaurant. I think other ladies were too! I will have to ensure I get on the correct time of booked ticket for train this year!😳

Joan I do hope that your conjunctivitis clears up soon!

Hope you find the Living Well course useful.

I expect that you are glad to be back at the pier?😊 A sign that life is returning to more normality and positive days! 

Highlighted

Ladies, can you remind me when we are neeting up. I have 20th July in my diary but i have it in my mind that we talked about the 27th.

Cassie, sorry to hear youre still suffering, hope you start to feel better soon. It cant help having a busy week and as you say not likely to improve with a member of staff short. 

Lovewine, I agree with Cassie, it does sound as if you are bring taken a bit for  granted by some family members; you might need to start saying no, perhaps pleading work demands. I know from experience thats much harder to do when you work from home, people assume you can be more flexible than those who go out to work. Hope all went well with your dads scan yesterday. 

Rosie, that sounds a pretty extensive bank holiday and frustrating for you. It must have been a real wrench getting back to the house without your dog. How lovely that your daughter and the children are coming to stay soon and it sounds as if the weather is set to be ,lovely and they will be able to enjoy the pool. And you have other visits to look forward to as well. 

Not much to report from me except that I have had conjunctivitis for the past 10 days which is very irritating. I’m using drops prescribed by the GP and its not as bad as it was but I had hoped it would clear by now. Tomorrow Im going to the first session of the Living Well course I think I told you about, run by the hospital for patients who have recently been treated for bowel cancer.  Started back at the Pier Archive yesterday - spent most of the time cleaning a model of a paddlesteamer which is going to be exhibited during tbe celebrations for the piers 150th anniversary at the end of May. It had been out in the office on a shelf gathering dust for years. Not exactly taxing work but rewarding to see it come up. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Cassie sorry to hear that you are still suffering with the lurgy, sadly the older we get the longer these ailments persist! 😒

What a nuisance losing a member of staff, we have had the same thing happen! A family decided they were going back suddenly to the UK, which leaves us a hole to fill in nursery! Fortunately school is still on holiday until next week, due to late Easter, so the Principal has a little time to come up with a fix!😳

I have had enough of bank holiday now, most shops don’t get back to business until Thursday!😬 DH and I did find the local supermarket open yesterday but he was closing early. We drove to Paphos as DH wanted some fish, but wouldn’t wait in the queue in our local supermarket where there is one person on the counter and she spends times cleaning and gutting fish for customers!😳

Needless to say they were all shut! Paphos harbour was very busy with tourists and to add to it there was a cruise ship in! It can’t get right in so was anchored further out and tender boats used to get the passengers to and from the shore! 

We have had a cheeky cat visit the garden wanting to share our pork sandwich at lunchtime! It’s quite a scraggy, thin young grey cat but it will not be getting its paws inside!

It doesn’t take long for them to realise that the dog has moved out! There is another much scared one making an appearance also! 🙀

Lovewine hope all goes well with your road trip to take your dad for his CT scan!

Joan and Wildpurl hope all is well with you both?

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

Sorry to hear its been a wrench with your dog Rosie, probably for the best though, things will get easier. Lovewine it sounds like you should ask for help with your extended family appointments if its too much it is too much, you must not allow yourself to be taken for granted gently suggest that another member of the family help out or another route needs to be looked at perhaps and occasional cab or on transport, nobody else will consider it.

Joan glad you managed to have a clear out of unwanted bits and Wildpurl hope all is well.

The dreaded lurgy is still bothering me and yeas as suspected its been really busy after the bank holiday and a member of staff has left with no notice on Friday so its not likely to get any easier.

Have a good week x

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies! Lovewine the first 2 days were awful we are getting more used to the fact that the dog isn’t here! The worst thing we have come back to Greek Orthodox Easter which is a big festival here and a bank until Thursday! 🙀 I think our local supermarket will be open tomorrow?🤔 We are hoping so as we only purchased supplies for a few days!

I haven’t driven my car yet, it was flat but DH has charged it and given it a run. It’s been 10 weeks since I last drove so obviously feeling a little anxious! 😳

I had to smile at the thought of your cantankerous aunt and her hospital appointment and can imagine what an act of patience it must be on your behalf! 

I am sorry that your family don’t always think about you having to abandon your job at their beck and call, if I am right I don’t think that your sister drives which must but much more of a pressure on you. It’s unfortunate that the CT scan is so far away!😬 Anyway I hope all goes well for your dad.

What a nuisance to have a puncture when you are so busy. 

A lady that I met through the forum, not our thread, comes to Paphos annually so I will be meeting up with her, she arrives May 6th for 10 days, then we have our ex next door neighbours are coming out to Polis for 10 days so will meet up with them a couple of times. May half term DD and the GCD are coming for the week so really looking forward to that! The pool should have heated up by then! It’s only 22 now! 🥶

The weather is now settled and the temperatures increasing to mid 20’s with blue skies. It’s been the worst winter here for 40 years and rivers and waterfalls that have been dry have gushed with water! 

Hope all other ladies are ok?🤔

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies, Rosie, it must have been difficult returning home to your house and the dog not to be there, am not surprised you felt subdued and sad, but you know she has a good home and is well cared for, so take comfort in that. Must feel strange though😞. I had a hectic week , not helped by having to take my elderly, cantankerous aunt for her yearly check up with the consultant at the eye hospital last thursday! She was up to her usual standard too 😬. Have also been nominated to take my dad for a follow up CT scan on tuesday late afternoon at a hospital which is the other side of the county and a good hours drive away, tuesday i have a very heavy workload too. I do feel sometimes because i am self employed and mainly work from home people/ family do not view it as a “ proper job” and think i can drop everything to do things , if i worked in An office or similar situation this wouldn’t happen, as much as i like to help my family i do feel a bit put upon at times !! The weather this weekend couldn’t be more different to the easter weekend, Saturday was so windy and cold we lit the log burner by lunchtime. Today i was going to accomplish lots of things , but after driving back from a dog walk trip this morning i had a puncture and flat tyre, spent a chunk of the day getting that changed , so not feeling very happy now! An added expense and a wasted day . I hope everyone is ok , another week starts again, cant believe its nearly May either.
Highlighted

Good Morning ladies from Cyprus!

Wildpurl glad to hear that your shoulder is improving and you have managed some gardening and crafting activities! 

A motorhome is an excellent retirement hobby and we are thoroughly enjoying it! I have done a variety of camping in tents, trailer tents and caravans when the children were younger but motorhoming is far more luxurious! When we meet up in Oxford DH is picking me up enroute to Newhaven so if we find a convenient spot to pick me up you could see it?

Joan I am so glad that you enjoyed some good weather in Anglesey! 

I too admire you ruthless sort out and I must do that here over the next few days!

Lovewine I quite understand why you and OH didn’t venture to Norfolk it would have been heaving!🙀 Much more sensible to go to the quieter spot in Northamptonshire. I expect you really noticed the difference at ES and DIL’s home it’s surprising what carpet and paint can do! 😃

I felt quite sick the day before our return even though I was busy!

I was very quiet on the way back from the airport and felt full of sadness, the dog wouldn’t have been picked up until today anyway! DH has done a very good job and evething went with her and he has turned the furniture round in the living area so it is all different. I know it is better for her and we will be spending more time away from Cyprus from September, especially me! I won’t miss the black hairs everywhere but there is a large hole! 😳

Ladies I hope the week resuming work has started well for you all. Cassie hope that you are feeling better and work isn’t too manic!

Highlighted

Good evening ladies, what a fabulous bank holiday weekend with the weather its been, i havent really wanted to be bothered leaving my garden and my swinging chair! We left going to Norfolk as we knew from past experience on a nice sunny holiday weekend the traffic can be very bad, i worked as normal good friday in the morning, saturday we went on a picnic to one of our favourite spots over the border into Northants- a place we went to as children and when our boys were small too, its very unspoilt and the nearby village is like a village out of midsummer murders! Yesterday we visited ES and DIL to see their progress with their home, its looking lovely and they have managed to do a lot of painting and new carpets. Rosie, i love the photos, glad you enjoyed Norfolk, have a good day with your sister and also Red Joan😊, its been a while since you were in Cyprus, expect the weather will be nice and warm too. Joan, i admire your ruthlessness with your wardrobe cull, i have been doing mine gradually over the last few weeks, i have got rid of quite a lot, but not enough as i should be doing. Sounds like Anglesey was a lovely holiday. Wildpurl, excellent weatger for your gardening jobs, good news your shoulder is improving, dont overdo it this week while you are off😏 Cassie i hope you are feeling better by now, shame you couldnt make the trip with GS, but not enjoyable when you are feeling ill. Dreadful news about Sri Lanka, I contacted one of my clients as her YD and GDs own a hotel there, fortunately they are safe, but had been to one of the places for lunch a few days ago, they know the places very well, they are incredibly sad for the people and the country.
Highlighted

Happy Easter ladies, I hope you have all had a relaxing time enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. It certainly seemed strange on our holiday, going from warm anoraks, gloves and woolly hats on Sunday to buying sunhats on Friday and paddling in the sea. And we actually saw red squirrels, by going back to the NT house we visited on Monday, and doing our own squirrel walk before the official one which had been squirrel free. Anglesey has some stunning beaches but Friday was definitely the best one, at the most southwesterly part of the island, huge sandy beach, backed by a pine forest so it felt quite French, and with gorgeous views of Snowdonia. Drove back through the Snowdon range- very impressive but heaving with people and cars parked on both sides of a not very wide road. We then decided to drive back through Wales rather than heading across to the M5, which made for a very long day but absolutely beautiful. Having had our holiday already we stayed at home for the rest of the Bank Holiday and I have spent quite a bit of it going through my clothes and having a ruthless clear out, to the tune of 8 bags to take to charity shops! Even sorted out my sock drawer! The sun must have gone to my head. 

Glad your shoulder is improving Wildpurl, and that you have managed some gardening. Enjoy your time off this week. What is solar dyeing?

Rosie, hope your return to Cyprus goes smoothly. Love the photos of your holiday. Lovely to see a windmill with sails. Anglesey is littered with ruined ones- apparently at one point there were 50, but now there is only one which is in use. Sounds like your week in June is already pretty packed. 

Casdie, sorry to hear you were too poorly to go away with ED and GS. Hope you are starting to feel better now. 

Lovewine, how frustrating about your post. Hope you got to Norfolk and have made good use of your swinging chair. 

Back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward to that at all. 

Highlighted

Morning ladies, I hope you all had a peaceful Easter. The weather has been perfect for gardening and we have made good progress. OH's youngest is here until Weds when he goes back to uni.

My shoulder continues to improve a little each day, not fast enough for me but it at least it is a lot better than it was. Today I hope to do some weeding and then some solar dyeing. We are both off all week so as I have been forced to slow down a bit it has been quite relaxing so far.

your photos of your trip are lovely rosie, OH was saying he would consider getting a motor home when retired, your trips so far certainly make it look very tempting.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies hope you have all had a wonderful Easter enjoying the lovely weather!

Joan hopefully you got the GCN on the beach at the end of your stay when the weather got warmer!

Lovewine did to get to Norfolk? I bet your swinging chair has been in use! 

Cassie and Wildpurl hope that you have both enjoyed some extra days off work!

Yesterday we went to Croome Court and walked around the lake. DH went for a bike ride in the afternoon and I was meanwhile madly trying to finish my library book which I need to return on Tuesday. 

This will probably be my last post form Worcester as Tues is busy with me taking library books back, meeting my sister in Hereford and going to the cinema to see Red Joan! We are off Wednesday morning.

We have arranged to come back for a week in June as I have booked to see the Take That concert being streamed at our local Vue but we are also going to catch Westlife at the O2 on the way back to Cyprus!😃 Two of our favourite bands! 😂 We are also going to manage 3 days away in the motorhome popping just across the boarder into Herefordshire!

Enjoy today ladies!

Highlighted

Ladies I don’t know but they uploaded tonight after hunting for somewhere to crop them! 🙀🤔😬

Highlighted

2D890A77-99F4-40F1-8A28-9BB95AA8FFAE.jpeg7DAE9268-6D8A-4FC9-A9C2-AAA85EBA5004.jpeg942E06AB-0E51-4C70-8C56-17306A0C39A0.jpeg3279B8CD-1EFD-4A64-94B4-67B02E4448A9.jpeg12D29A86-4D88-4296-B591-E16356EE7F48.jpeg

Highlighted

Good evening Ladies,

Rosie if you remember I had the same problem with posting photo's they have too many pixels the only way you can do it is to save them on your laptop/tablet or PC then edit the photo by cropping the edges or any part not needed like too much sky, then save they should be ok then, just try a little at first it maybe all that's needed.

I have been off work for a couple of days I am not much better still sound full of cold, coughing all the time I think it's a sinus infection, yuk. ED booked a couple of days away at the seaside with GS, I would have gone too but I fear I would not be much company feeling so grotty. Sorry about your post lovewine it can be very frustrating

(The spell check has disapeared today)

Hope you all have a good weekend bank holiday

Highlighted

Hello ladies , I wrote a nice long post and it has disappeared 😡 how annoying !

Rosie Market Harborough is our nearest town and about 10 mins from us ! 

Glad you had a good trip , we are thinking of going to Norfolk maybe Sunday with the dogs for the day - usually Brancaster beach .

its been a lovely warm day here , hoping it’s the same for you all - especially Joan in Anglesey which can be particularly bracing at times !!

Happy Easter ladies whatever your plans 😊

Highlighted

Ladies I have tried posting several photos then one at a time and it keeps telling me to reduce the size of file but I can’t see how to do this any ideas??🤔

The ones posted were part of a selection! I wouldn’t have picked out the over 60’s fish and chips lunch by choice as a one off! Ironically DH had spotted a fish and chip shop round the corner when he went out on the bike from the second picture and we had decided to go for the easy option that night so he had gone back to fetch them! 🙀 That was the only 2 occasions! 😳

Highlighted

A17BCE41-C3BA-4EE7-8903-78190B2993C6.jpeg85E39BDA-0F2F-43FB-9A66-09C7DA959416.jpeg

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies! We are back in Worcester after an enjoyable but chilly break! At least the rain was very minimal! 

Joan I am so glad that I jogged your memory to take gloves! Thanks you for your ideas on itching cream!🙀 I tried everything I had and finally settled on a Nivea soft all over body moisture tube of cream and smothered that all over my legs and that worked thank goodness! 😏

Lovewine I was very pleased to hear the news about you friend whose cancers have all shrunk with his new chemo tablets buying him more time, he really does deserve it with his positive attitude! 

With the arrival of warmer weather hopefully you will be able to resume Wednesday dog walking!

Wildpurl I do hope that your shoulder has now improved, I can imagine how frustrating it would be for you not to be able to get on with your knitting!😬 Hopefully working from home has aided your recovery? 🤔

Cassie I am so pleased that EB has been given the all clear after such a rocky journey, you must be so relieved! Are you going to York with ED and GS?

Lovewine hopefully you will have some relaxation time over Easter, is YS coming to stay?

Joan I think the later part of the week will be warmer for you and you maybe able to ditch the gloves! 😃 Anglesey is a beautiful island with some lovely bays! We used to holiday there when I was a child. How lucky that the GCN saw two red squirrels! 

It was indeed very sad to watch the news of Norte Dame we visited it several years ago! The Dean of Worcester cathedral has sent a poignant message to Paris. 

Lovewine DH has hired a boat with 3 friends when he was 17 on the broads, I think it was something of a booze cruise!🙀

We certainly liked Norfolk and will be returning! We passed your neck of the woods on our way I saw a sign to Market Harborough which I think is near you?🤔

I will post some pictures up later!

Highlighted

Cassie, great news about EB, what a relief that must be, especially after all the worry about the chemo. And Lovewine, how good to have some positive results for your friend. Wildpurl, sorry to hear about your shoulder, I hope the exercises are bringing about some improvement and you will soon be able to resume your normal activities. I expect you are home now Rosie. Shame the weather was so chilly.

We have had three rather chilly days here so have been going to see things rather than going to one of the lovely beaches nearby- Beaumaris Castle on Sunday -glad of the gloves- and a NT house yesterday, including a ranger led red squirrel walk- sadly no squirrels seen but the children had actually seen a couple near the adventure playground  so they were able to tell everybody on the walk about that. Both days it was clear and dry so we were able to appreciate the amazing views across to Snowdonia. Today was so cloudy you wouldnt think there were any mountains. The forecast for the next few days looks much better, warmer and at least sunny intervals. The house we are staying in is very spacious and well equipped although the sofas are not as comfortable as we might wish. We have seen quite a bit of the island now, partly by accident on Sunday when we managed to take a wrong turn and finished up driving round half the island rather than taking the fast main road across it! But saw some beautiful coastal scenery as a result. 

How awful it was yesterday to watch Notre Dame burn. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have been the complete disaster it could have been, although it was clearly a close run thing. 

Highlighted

Evening ladies , I have been very hectic with work so far this week - probarly due to the Easter break 🤔.

Wildpurl I hope your shoulder is improving now , hopefully working from home has helped a bit too .

Rosie - sounds like you have packed a lot into your Norfolk trip , Shame it’s been so cold though - warmer weather is on its way for Easter though 😎.. I remember going on a weeks holiday on the Broads when I was about 19 with several friends , we had a great time !

Joan I hope you are enjoying Anglesey and having fairly decent weather .

Cassie what good news about your brother especially after all the setbacks he had during his treatment .Hope GS enjoys York !

Highlighted

Good evening ladies!

Limited 4g opps so I will catch up with you when I am back in Worcester and have my iPad!!!

We hired a boat for the day today on the broads and although it was dry it was very cold! I was still shivering an hour after we arrived back at motorhome!😨

Leaving Norfolk tomorrow and have a stop over in Cambridgeshire before returning to Worcester on Tuesday! It’s been a lovely break but I could have done with it a few degrees warmer!

Catch up fully ladies in 2 days! 

Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

Sorry to hear about your shoulder wildpurl, it must as you say be very painful and frustrating for you, we have a few patients that suffer from recurrent dislocations which I believe is extremely painful. Rosie there are several good creams available Neutragena have a good range and also Bio oil might help with the itching and scars on your knees so double benefit. Of course we all have different skin so it is difficult to say what will suit an individual, skin is out largest organ and the most difficult to treat when things go wrong, yours isn't of course just irritated by the cold.

The sun out is lovely even if its still cold it will make your dog walking much nicer lovewine, glad your friends treatment seems to be working it must be a relief. My EB has been given the all clear this week from his stomach cancer so the surgeon must have done a very good job indeed because if you remember he could not tolerate the chemo he kept collapsing and one fall was a nasty one outside, when he sustained a head injury.

Joan the PC problem cost nothing it was just very slow and needed to have all the programmes removed, so there was no Norton, office browser or outlook, so shall we say a useless box with a screen attached. My YB had all of the disks to reload all the guff again, but it took a very long time and you are never sure if it will really work but fingers crossed it all seems OK now, I did my waitrose shopping and has a quick look at poor Debenhams sale. It almost makes you feel like a vultures these day with so many shops going into administration or being bought out by other companies.

Highlighted

Morning ladies! I have been busy and very stressed at work, and last week did something to my shoulder so I now have a rotator cuff impingement, very painful and debilitating. I saw a physio yesterday who gave me some exercises and I am doing those, I am noticing some slow improvement but will be working from home next week I think!

i am managing to get some things done by moving very slowly but have been unable to knit so much as usual as it is quite tiring for my arm! You can imagine how frustrating that is for me!

Your holidays sound nice rosie and Joan, both in very lovely places. Glad to hear your friend is getting some remission with his chemo, Lovewine. What a pain about your PC cassie, glad it is sorted though. Your GS is growing up fast!

Highlighted

Good evening ladies , Rosie glad you are doing well in Norfolk , I think you are recovering so well after the surgery , even with the painkillers you seem to be very active ! Not sure what to suggest - there is a cream called Eurax which is for itching skin 😏.. I am not a fan of Great Yarmouth either and don’t like to see donkeys plodding up and down , but I am told they have more workers rights than humans regarding break intervals / meal breaks and working hours !

enjoy the rest of your trip .

Joan, have a lovely holiday in Anglesey , hope it warms up a little bit too ! It’s been dry and sunny here but very chilly .

Cassie , your poor friend is really having a stressful time right now , good she has managed to postpone the surgery for a while .

i can’t believe GS is 12 either 🤔, he will really  enjoy York I’m sure.

I have had today off , did some gardening and jet washed my drive , went for a lovely walk this evening with OH and dogs to a canal side pub which was cold but very nice .

Our friend had his scan results yesterday to see how the chemo tablets were working and am pleased to say the cancers have all shrunk , buying him hopefully a bit more extra time with his family , he remains very philosophical about his illness and is working full time still .

Rosie we hope to restart our Wednesday dog walking hopefully next week !🐶🐶🍷

Highlighted

Commiserations on your PC problems, Cassie, it sounds quite a major job, hopefully not horribly expensive. I’m having intermittent problems with my PC connection to the internet which makes work a bit difficult. I will have to get it sorted when we come back from Anglesey. Fortunately its only the PC, no problem with the i-pad. Hope your cold is improving and the cough doesnt linger. Your friend has been lucky to be able to postpone her op for a month, as you say it coukd have been much longer. But she certainly had a good reason. 

Rosie, the forum you mention sounds a bit of a mixed blessing although there at least some people who can say it does get better. The only remedy I can think of for the itchy skin on your legs is E 45 itch relief cream. There is also aqueous cream. I wonder if a pharmacist could help? I’m glad you mentioned gloves-though sorry you have needed them- I shall add them to my suitcase, plus some stretchy one size ones in case the children dont have any- which is usually the case. Over 60’s fish and chips- at least there are some compensations for getting older. 

Lovewine, hope you manage a relaxing weekend after your busy week at work and recent activities. 

Wildpurl, hope all is well with you. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies still bracing here! 

It was lovely to meet up with our friends after so long! When I told her we were going to Gt Yarmouth she pulled a face! We are camped on the race course and caught a bus in yesterday! I can see why she pulled a face!🙀 Its all amusement although the sandy beach looked lovely! I wasn’t very happy at 4 donkies being tied together and walking up and down the beach giving rides though to children all shapes and sizes!😳

Today we are backtracking slightly to visit Horsey Windpump and then back to Lowestoft for one night before turning back to the broads for 2 nights and finally to Grafham Water before returning home! 

Cassie I think your friend was very wise to postpone her op she really won’t manage her dog for at least 2 weeks! I am 5 weeks on and still popping the pain killers! A lot of people suffer depression after aTKR and you need to be strong before you start! I joined a forum that I don’t often post on and most people are desperate regarding the pain and lack of sleep! I wouldn’t suggest she finds it! The only help is that there are other people out there with the same suffering and a minority are positive and can say there is light at the end of the tunnel!

GS will enjoy his trip to York to the railway museum, 12 already hoe time goes!

😊

My legs have become chapped and are very sore and itchy from the cold weather! They are keeping me awake at night with itching. 😳 I have tried smothering them in moisturiser and also sudocream any other ideas ladies?🤔

Lovewine I don’t supposed that you have resumed your Wednesday evening dog walking yet?

How is your neighbour?

Also how is FIL getting on with his new knee? It was FIL was it and not MIL? 😳

Have a good weekend ladies!

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

My PC has been playing up nand so needed to be rebuilt, I had a little problem finding the thread and then the correct place to post it somehow went back in time to an old posting when yu went to see the Freddie Murcury Movie Rosie, a hiccup but all OK now. The cold has still not gone and embarrassingly I attended a late evening meeting which some people were also dialed into on Tuesday evening the next day they said they could hear me coughing, still I suppose it at least proves I attended. GS is having his 12th birthday on 4th May and he wants to go to York for the day to go back to the railway museum bless him, ED has booked the tickets. Rosie you sound as if you are doing well but don't push yourself too hard. My dog walking friend has postponed her knee replacement for a month she says she does not feel in the right place at the moment with the imminent eviction notice and the dogsitter being away its a non starter, lucky they did not put it off for 6 months I did say this could happen and was she really sure. I hope it is not a case of fear and things are more sorted in a month, it was due 17th April now 15th May. It looks lovely again today some sunshine makes all the difference.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies from a very bracing but dry Norfolk!!!

Joan I am so glad that you are doing so well and hope that you enjoy your break with the family in Anglesey! 

Lovewine with new carpets laid ES and DIL will feel much more homely!

We visited Blakeney on the way. The day before yesterday we got a bus into Cromer which wasn’t far from our site. We walked on the Pier and I thought of you Joan! 

Yesterday we went the other way on the bus to Sheringham and after a cold brisk walk to the sea front went and had a fish and chip over 60 meal with a mug of tea!🤣

En route back we stopped at the circus and went to the 3pm show! 

Today we are off th Gt Yarmouth for 2 nights calling in to see friends near Norwich  from Somerset we haven’t seen for well over 20 years! 😳

Stay warm ladies! I didn’t bring gloves and have borrowed DH’s as I am still using crutches for long distances and can’t put my hands in my pockets!

Highlighted

Morning ladies , Rosie I hope your trip is going well - a bit chilly though , especially with the cold easterly wind coming off that sea 😬!!

i agree the price to go inside at Sandringham is too pricey , we always stop with the dogs on the woodland there and have a walk through before going on to Holkham or Brancaster beaches - I find it a bit too flat for me , I prefer the rugged cliffs and bays of Cornwall and Devon ! 

Joan , have a lovely week in Anglesey , just what you need after the last few months .. maybe the weather will be better than you think , we have stayed in north wales many times and watched the clouds roll in but stop at the mountains !

glad all is well with your appt - interesting about the nuts , I think we are all supposed to be eating more nuts and seeds in our diet 😏.

ES and DIL had new carpets fitted yesterday and have painted the skirting boards so everything is looking much more homely now .

still a lot to do but it can be done gradually .

i have been fairly busy with work .

Cassie hope you are ok and not too overloaded with work .

Wildpurl are you away for Easter ? 

Have a good day everyone 😊

Highlighted

Rosie, I hope you are having a lovely trip, although if its anything like here it may be quite chilly and dull this week, as you say, good job youve got heating.  hopefully youve had no repetition of the pouring rain. Its not an area I know but there seems to be lots to see.  £15.50 even for oldies sounds pretty steep, though. What a wrench it must be to part with your dog. But its good that shes in a good place and has settled in.

Lovewine, a beautiful photo of what was clearly a much enjoyed event. 

Cassie, glad you enjoyed your time in Madrid, despite the unexpected rain and the annoying flight delay. With all that walking you should at least have walked off the churros! Hope your cold hasnt come to anything much, I think its quite common to pick up these things from p,ane travel, not surprising I suppose. Hope going back to work wasnt too much of a shock- you often seem to find a load of stuff waiting for you.

My appt last Tuesday was fine although I only saw the Macmillan nurse, who went through the surveillance plan with me, which just seems to be blood tests every 6 months and CT scans plus colonoscopy (yuk) annually. She thought I was doing really well, which is reassuring.  Wasnt able to give much in the way of new specific advice about minimising the risk of recurrence other than eating tree nuts ( I thought all nuts grew on trees so had to look that up. Seems peanuts dont, but thats because they’re not actually nuts. So Ive learnt something. 

Off on a week’s holiday with the family on Saturday. Cottage in Anglesey. Weather forecast not brilliant but hopefully will get some opportunties to get the kids on a beach. 

Highlighted

@Debbie-Maggie wrote:

Some years ago I checked out one of the charities existed solely to provide wigs for children. I was disappointed to find that they acted almost as a middleman. They collected hair donations and sold them on, abroad where fine hair commands a premium price,  then used the proceeds to buy wigs here. I went three weeks ago to my local college and had mine cut very short and dyed turquoise blue. They where brilliant, fitting me in at short notice and refusing to charge anything. A wonderful cut too. Oddly before the cut I was resigned to losing my long hair but now it is the short hair and the care taken to achieve it that I’m sad about. The lecturer asked if I’d thought about donating it though she had no idea how to. I ended up saying they could have it for their students to practice colouring on. 

Hi Debbie I think you have posted on the wrong thread we are April 2014 starters! 🤔

Highlighted

Hi Debbie I think you have posted on the wrong thread we are April 2014 starters! 🤔

Highlighted

Some years ago I checked out one of the charities existed solely to provide wigs for children. I was disappointed to find that they acted almost as a middleman. They collected hair donations and sold them on, abroad where fine hair commands a premium price,  then used the proceeds to buy wigs here. I went three weeks ago to my local college and had mine cut very short and dyed turquoise blue. They where brilliant, fitting me in at short notice and refusing to charge anything. A wonderful cut too. Oddly before the cut I was resigned to losing my long hair but now it is the short hair and the care taken to achieve it that I’m sad about. The lecturer asked if I’d thought about donating it though she had no idea how to. I ended up saying they could have it for their students to practice colouring on. 

Highlighted

Hi, used to live in Doncaster now in Sheffield. I’m one of the older women someone above mentioned. I was diagnosed last April but my operation wasn’t able to be done for a mixture of reasons until this February. Mastectomy and all nymph nodes on right. My chemo starts on Thursday. That workshop sounds good. Let us know what it was like. I’m seeing my oncologist that day otherwise I’d be tempted. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine thanks for all your useful suggestions! We did pass Kings Lynn and stopped at the Tesco near there! We couldn’t fit on the Saindburys car park!😳 We needed to stock up on bottled water for drinking! 

We are at a site on the Sandringham Estate! Tomorrow we move off to Cromer, hoping to get to Blakeney Point!. I have seen some of the other places you suggested on the map as we move round the coast. As we have never been here before all new to us and we will definitely come back! Not sure whether we will visit the House today as it’s £15.50 even with over 60’s discount each!😳 DH thinks it will be too far for me to walk so it would mean leaving our pitch, we do have a reserved sign we can use and securing everything inside to travel just up the road! 

Weather not brilliant but at least not pouring with rain supposed be to be better tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies!

Highlighted

Rosie have a good trip ! I also thought of Brancaster where there are some nice pubs from lunch / evening also a nice beach with parking close to it 😏.

Hunstanton is ok , but places to eat etc .. also has Tesco and Sainsbury’s .

Sheringham is nice , we stayed there for a couple of nights when I was having chemo - also quite accessible . 

If you travel in from the kings lynn direction you may go past the lavender farm at Heacham which has a nice cafe and shop selling the most lovely lavender products 😊

enjoy your break you deserve it after the past few weeks 😬.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Today the weather looks slightly better than it was yesterday when it poured most of the day! The roof in Tesco was leaking in several places! 😳 I said to DH that it was the most amount of rain we have had here for some time!

Lovewine it will be very difficult for me when I get back to Cyprus and the dog won’t be there! Our landlady has sent us photos of her and said she is a lovely girl and is settling well!

Thank your for your suggestions of places to visit in Norfolk we will look out for them enroute. Not always as easy to get to some places and park in a motorhome! It looks like we should be able to park at Holkham beach during the day!😃 It looks like we will pass near Holt on our way to Cromer. Suggestions for parking a motorhome are at the Holt Country Park as their are restrictions in Holt itself for caravans and motor homes! But apparently a fair step form town!😳

We are off later this morning!

Have a good weekend all! We are back on 16th.

Highlighted

Morning ladies , a real chilly dog walk this morning with frosty grass.

Cassie how awful for ED with the stabbing being so close , there always seems to be some incident going on , even in our village last year we had the rape and murder lf an elderly lady on the adjoining street to ours.

Rosie, it must be hard to let your dog go to another home, but she has gone to a loving one it sounds and she will be happy i am sure.

We hopefully are going this weekend to see fishermans friends after many attempts in 2 weeks!

enjoy your trip to Norfolk, its a place we visit regularly even for the day , if you come across Holkham beach its worth a look 😊, also the town of Holt is very pretty and Burnham market too , although quite posh 😮!

Joan , interesting my dad has been taking the hemp oil for his awful nerve pain from shingles and he says he slept better and the pain is much better.

Been very busy this week 😏, nearly the weekend !

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Cassie it sounds like you had a blast in Madrid! 

What a shock for ED to have a stabbing so close to home! Nearly every day there seems to be another very worrying times!

Lovewine DH and I went to see Fishermen Friends on Tuesday night and we thoroughly enjoyed it! It’s a fantastic story and of course lovely scenery of Port Isaac! I would recommend it for any of you ladies that can get to see it!

Tomorrow we are going away in the Motorhome for 10 days just as the spring weather seems to have disappeared!😳 We are going to tour round the Norfolk area and are visiting friends that we haven’t seen since we lived in Somerset over 20 years ago! At least we have heating in the motorhome!

Highlighted

Good Afternoon Ladies,

We arrived back quite lat last night due to the flight being delayed apparently there was a loose panel on the plane according to the captain which was fixed in about an hour or so but then we waited for the work to be signed off, all I can say is its obviously better safe than sorry. I cannot say some of the other passengers on the plane had the same patience it was boring being stuck on the runway and I am sure a few people had connecting flights to worry about but BA did their best. The trip was really nice lots of walking we did 22,300 steps on Saturday alone we had some lovely food incuding churros and chocolate sauce which was from a very old chocolateria San Gines founded in 1894 which was on Friday evening instead of a desert.  We went to a couple of indoor food markets rather like Borough Market in London but of course the food variety was very different. The flamenco dancing was in a very traditional bar recommended by the tourist board all very dramatic as expected with live guitar playing and also a singer.

We did fairly well with the weather Saturday was very sunny and the temperature just right for walking so we went to the local park which was also recommended by one of YD work friends who is Spanish El Retiro I will post some photo's when YD has downloaded them, they are all on her phone. We went to an outdoor market which was huge on Sunday and we got very wet in the rain, it was not expected. We did some shopping on Monday and left our luggage in our hotel which was handy. The only thing was most of central Madrid seemed to be having roadworks and very large buildings were being renovated it was really wide spread absolutely everywhere, I would really hate to drive there even the taxi driver on the way from the airport had to double check which roads he could use to get us to our hotel.

I would not say I am well rested, we walked everywhere while there, but I am rested from the usual mundane everyday work. ED had some sad news as soon as we landed she text to say another victim to knife crime had been killed almost on her doorstep last night, on the route she takes to GS school every day, it is so sad and shocking.

I will back at work tommorrow I seem to have picked a cold up, which I hardly ever get, probably from the plane.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies what a shame to wake up to rain after the lovely day it was yesterday!

Joan hopefully all will be well with your check up today it sounds like you are doing really well. I am not surprised that you get tired after all the recent medical issues you and OH have experienced! See it as a time to slow down a bit and take more time for yourself!

I can understand you wanting to take your turn at the 150th anniversary of the pier but it’s good that you can also get to the Hay festival!

The blood pressure reading are all quite high with some of them very high the reading are all over the place! The doctor averages them apparently, which I shall of course do before I return it on Thursday!

The pain is getting less thank you and I am able to walk further although like you get very tired and I am still on crutches!

Glad you enjoyed the theatre visit although the you found the subject challenging! 😳 Well done on cheering yourself up with a new top and trousers! 😄

Lovewine what a lovely picture of ES’s birthday meal! You must be exhausted after your busy weekend! It’s good that ES and DIL have some time off to get the house sorted!

DD’ s train was delayed by an hour and then we lost the hour on Sunday so felt a bit cheated.

We had much to discuss! 😬 We had a very good Chinese meal on Saturday night quite the best I have ever had! Her visit was over all too soon!

DH arrived back last night and grumbled this morning about me being so restless in the bed!😳

Some news that leaves us both with a heavy heart is that our landlady offered to rehome the dog as she is looking for a house dog! She has a plot where she has keeps rescue animals near her house. Her home is in the hills so will be cooler for our dog in the heat of the summer! 

She is an animal lover and lost her house dog last summer. We really couldn’t have hoped to find a more suitable new owner for her!

I will find this extremely difficult when I go back to Cyprus and she isn’t there but I know it is the best outcome for her with us both spending increasing amounts of time away not to mention the money we will save on boarding her! 😏

DH found it difficult when he had to pack all her stuff! She went to Hounds on Holiday on Saturday and will be collected and taken to her new home on Wednesday. 

I haven’t seen her since Feb 20th! 😢

Cassie hope you had an amazing time in Madrid?

Wildpurl hopefully you got to spend some time in your garden last week?

Highlighted

Enjoying the birthday meal with DILs mum and 2 of her 3 sisters , my OH , ES and YS !Enjoying the birthday meal with DILs mum and 2 of her 3 sisters , my OH , ES and YS !

Highlighted

Good evening ladies - a very hectic few days for us but enjoyable . ES loved the cake and had a nice birthday , they have this week off and have chosen and ordered new carpets for the upstairs rooms today and are trying to get the new house in some sort of order !

Joan I hope your appointment goes well with the surgeon , you are doing very well , I think the tiredness is to be expected after such a stressful time both physically and mentally ,

glad you had a trip to Stratford although the subject matter was certainly not ideal .

i got the CBD oil on Amazon and I also buy it on behalf of my client with the broken spine injury and she says it helps - I will look on my order details and let you know.

Rosie I hope your weekend with DD went well it must have been nice to spend time with her on her own .

Cassie I hope you are feeling recharged after your weekend away !

Wildpurl I expect you are busy now at work after your week off !

i am very busy this week , just when I could do with a quieter week to recover from the house move !

Highlighted

Cassie, hope you have had a lovely time in Madrid and come back feeling refreshed. 

Lovewine, love the cake as I imagine ES will too. Quite a celebratory weekend for him and DIL, moving into their house at last. Hope you and OH are not too exhausted. How far away from you is their place?  I was interested to read what you said abot CBD oil. I have looked it up on line but got quite confused about all the different types, some of which are really expensive. Can you remember what brand/type you had for your dog? 

Rosie, hope the blood pressure monitor shows lower readings, I think sometimes the very fact of having it measured in a clinic sends it up. White coat syndrome it used to be called although nobody seems to wear those now. Im not surprised you had to get a taxi after walking to the hairdressers in the morning. Are you in any less pain now? Hope you have had a good couple of days with DD. You asked about the Hay Festival. Yes, we are going again this year, but will miss the first weekend because it is the 150th anniversary of Clevedon Pier and I want to be around for the celebrations. Also we are putting on an exhibition from the archive and I need to take my turn on the rota. 

I have my check up with the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be pronounced OK because apart from tiredness when I do too much physically, lime gardening, I feel pretty good. So I imagine it will mainly be finding out what the monitoring schedule will be. Had our first visit to the theatre at Stratford since before Xmas, which was lovely. Wonderful performance, which git a standing ovation from just about everyone in the house. Challenging though since it was about an aging actor dying from, of course, cancer. We booked it ages ago and I dont think we knew what it was about. I did think at one point I might have to go out but I was glad I didnt. On a more cheerful note I bought a summer top and trousers from White Stuff! Wanted to replace my elderly Ecco trainers  but changed my mind when I saw they were now £135! 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies! 

Lovewine what a lovely cake you won’t want  to eat the icing!😳

I am so glad that all went well with the house move they are very lucky to have you to help!

Enjoy your family meal tonight!

Cassie good to hear that you got away it sounds like you are packing a lot in! 😄

DD arrives at 1.30 but meeting my sister first for coffee at 10.45!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Highlighted

Hello from Madrid ladies 

Awh how very cute lovewine love the cake. We explored yesterday and had a nice evening meal. Site seeing todsy and flamenco tonight! Keeping it short as on my phone,  I don't have the patience. Have a good weekend x

Highlighted

This is ESs cake I bought - the photo was made into edible icing - taken when he was about 18 months old !This is ESs cake I bought - the photo was made into edible icing - taken when he was about 18 months old !

Highlighted

Hello ladies - a quick hello from me 😊 ED and DIL moved in , absolutely worn out now , OH has now driven to Rugby train station to collect ES 😊 we will be helping with unpacking and sorting all weekend , have a nice meal though to look forward to tomorrow for ESs 30th birthday which was today .

Rosie enjoy your weekend with DD , hope the meet up for coffee goes well with your sister too .. have you anything planned with DD ? Although it will be lovely just to spend some time together.

Have a lovely weekend ladies whatever your plans 😊