cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

CathC

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

@Sodastream wrote:
Hi Dellen. I started my chemo in May and am due my 4th FEC next week. I've used the cold cap and still have my hair. It is very thin on the top now near the parting but I just put some brown eyeshadow on my scalp to hide this, I haven't had to resort to my wig yet. I have posted advice re the cold cap on this thread at an earlier date. If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.
I also said earlier that I'd sucked frozen pineapple and ice lollies on the first two cycles but not this time. I can report I have more ulcer this time and they're under my tongue so painful. Not sure if this is a cumulative build up or chemo or because no ice this time so I will be back to sucking ice next week.

Sorry to hear your ulcers are worse this time, Sodastream.

The nurses mentioned sucking an ice lolly to me for next time. For my first session I just sipped water the whole time they were giving me the drug. So far, it seems to have worked, although mouth does feel tingly.

How soon did your ulcers present after your session?

Hope you find some relief from them.

Hugs

Cath

CathC

@wend63 wrote:
Hi I'm due to start my chemotherapy on 18th July am truly terrified don't really know what to expect . Has any one had experience of having fec and also being at new cross hospital in Wolverhampton

Hi, wend63

Great news on getting your date for chemo. I've  had my first chemo on Tuesday - FEC, and it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. As I said in my previous post, it really is the unknown that is most frightening.

Sorry, have no experience of New Cross hospital, but If you've any questions re the chemo just shout out.

Hugs

Cath

CathC

@Dellan wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm due to start my chemo next Thursday and I'm extremely anxious. Already had BC in 2009 but only had a mastectomy. Then had a reoccurrence this January in the breast skin. Had surgery and radio only to find out in May I had grade 3 in the other breast. Since then they've removed the breast and put in an implant but after two further ops the skin wouldn't hold it so Ive had to have everything removed yesterday and they'll reconstruct once chemo and radio has finished. I feel like my world is falling apart and now so scared what to expect with chemo. It's been really helpful to see people's comments and suggestions to help. Has anyone used the cold cap? They've offered it to me and any advice would be great. Any other helpful tips would be great too.

Dellan, it sounds like you're having a really tough time of it, and you've been through so much more than most of us.

Have you a date for your chemo? A few people have had the cold cap. It wasn't offered to me and I wouldn't have taken it anyway. I figure if the hair has to go then it has to go. I'll deal with that later. As for the chemo itself...it really is just the fear of the unknown that is the hardest. I know it's easy for me to say now that I've had my first session, but you will be surprised how easy the whole ordeal of getting the drugs is, and how nice the nurses are. They will stay with you every step of the way.

As for the side-effects. No one knows which ones they'll get. I may not be so upbeat in a few days when the steroids wear off, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

If you ever need to talk, just shout out, one of us is always here.

Sending you positive thoughts and gentle hugs.

Cath

CathC

Hi, sugar8

So glad your first cycle is over. How did you find the cold cap?

Like you I was pretty nervous beforehand and just prayed they'd find a good vein. Here's hoping our veins last the full sessions.

Stay well.

Hugs

Cath

CathC

@Joanne76 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well, I am feeling low today and wondering how I'm going to get through this and how to be strong 😞

Had my heart scan yesterday and chemo meeting today, it's all just hitting me so hard now and just feel I need to no that this will work and that I'm going to be ok after.
Sorry for my depressing post after sounding positive the other day.

You are all an inspiration and I only hope that I can get to be as strong and supportive as yous.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Joanne xxx

Joanne, don't apologise for feeling down or depressed. We all have our moments and the chemo talk can bring it all home to you.

I guess none of us know whether this treatment will work. The only thing we do know for sure is if we want to give ourselves the best chance of survival we have to try.

Stay strong, mate, you can get through this.

Gentle hugs

Cath

CathC

Good evening, Wendy.

Can't believe you are on day 10 already. Seems no time since you were waiting for your session. So glad to hear you're back to your old self. Let's hope all the sessions go equally as well.

Hugs

Cath

Coffeegirl - you made me laugh with your comment about wanting to eat your daughter. I guess everything goes well with chilli sauce. Yum!

I had a Chinese when I came home from my first chemo session yesterday and I had the left-overs for breakfast this morning - It just looked soooo good in the fridge. lol

Sorry you're having a low energy day, but I agree with Wendy a duvet and book day sounds like bliss.

Feel better tomorrow.

Hugs

Cath

Sodastream

Hi Dellen. I started my chemo in May and am due my 4th FEC next week. I've used the cold cap and still have my hair. It is very thin on the top now near the parting but I just put some brown eyeshadow on my scalp to hide this, I haven't had to resort to my wig yet. I have posted advice re the cold cap on this thread at an earlier date. If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them.
I also said earlier that I'd sucked frozen pineapple and ice lollies on the first two cycles but not this time. I can report I have more ulcer this time and they're under my tongue so painful. Not sure if this is a cumulative build up or chemo or because no ice this time so I will be back to sucking ice next week.
sugar8

Using cold cap rigjt now Dellan. It is fine. The first 15 mins is the coldest but the good tips about keeping a warm drink in the mouth helped immensely. After that I didn't feel it.
It makes the process longer but for me 70% chance of keeping my hair is important.
Fingers crossed

wend63

Hi I'm due to start my chemotherapy on 18th July am truly terrified don't really know what to expect . Has any one had experience of having fec and also being at new cross hospital in Wolverhampton
Dellan

Hi everyone,
I'm due to start my chemo next Thursday and I'm extremely anxious. Already had BC in 2009 but only had a mastectomy. Then had a reoccurrence this January in the breast skin. Had surgery and radio only to find out in May I had grade 3 in the other breast. Since then they've removed the breast and put in an implant but after two further ops the skin wouldn't hold it so Ive had to have everything removed yesterday and they'll reconstruct once chemo and radio has finished. I feel like my world is falling apart and now so scared what to expect with chemo. It's been really helpful to see people's comments and suggestions to help. Has anyone used the cold cap? They've offered it to me and any advice would be great. Any other helpful tips would be great too.
sugar8

Hi Joanne . The pre assessment for me was daunting. Left the hosp with a headache and head spinning. Today I started my first cycle tc plus herceptin. Also using cold cap. So far going well.
Was internally nervous though so my veins went intp hiding 😉
But once treatment starts it makes much more sense.
sugar8

Hi Cath wanted to wish you luck on Monday but was up in pre assessment myself etc. Gosh what a lot of time spent in hospital and travelling now. Glad it all went well. X x
WP23

Hi Coffeegirl
duvet day with a good book sounds great 🙂

I know how you feel with the hunger, lol, I was thinking about nothing else all day long, even dreaming about eating!!!

Wendy xx
WP23

Hi Joanne

It is difficult when you are going from one appointment to another, you just don't feel your life is your own any more, did everything go well with scan and chemo meeting??
When does your chemo start? once you get the first chemo out of the way im sure you will feel like you are taking action to ensure your future, positive thoughts :):)

Wendy xx
Joanne76

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well, I am feeling low today and wondering how I'm going to get through this and how to be strong 😞

Had my heart scan yesterday and chemo meeting today, it's all just hitting me so hard now and just feel I need to no that this will work and that I'm going to be ok after.
Sorry for my depressing post after sounding positive the other day.

You are all an inspiration and I only hope that I can get to be as strong and supportive as yous.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Joanne xxx
coffeegirl

Cath
I too had anti-sickness and steroid tablets, watch out for the steroids as they make you hungry, my appetite has increased hugely. I swear I was looking at my daughter the other day and thought she would taste good with some sweet chilli sauce lol.
I'm on day 8 and having a low-energy day, I was told day 7-10 your energy often dips as your immune system is at it's lowest, so today is a duvet day with a good book. Hopefully feel a bit better tomorrow x
WP23

Good morning Cath

Hope you are well.

I was advised to take antisickness etc even if I didn't feel sick, I didn't feel nauseous at all, but don't know if that was because of meds.
It is hard not to stress over every little twinge, I was convinced I was having a heart attack several times, but I was sitting awkwardly and holding my self stiff, so when I relaxed it was fine lol. We are going to be total paranoids by the end of this:):)
My advice is to relax, listen to your body and rest when you feel the need.
Day 10 for me now, and completely back to my old self 🙂
Hope everyone is doing well.
Sugar8 - all the best for your first chemo today, will be thinking about you:)

Wendy xxx
CathC

Joanne - How did your heart scan go yesterday? Good luck for your meeting today.

Laurelle - how did your meeting with the radiologist go?

hbunny - I can understand that wearing the wig full time might lead to some problems. I'm hoping only to wear it on odd occassions and stick to scarves. Although, that might all change when I see how I look in a scarf. lol

I said in a previous post that I wouldn't be on steroids. That's what they told me in the talk, but I think they meant injections. I have steroid tablets home with me to take for 2 days, along with two lots of anti-sickness tabs.

Does everyone take both anti-sickness tabs or only when they need them?

Also looking for any good tips on how NOT to stress over every little health symptom. I'm not used to keeping such a close eye on how my body is feeling and am worried I'll turn into a hypercondriac.

Good luck to anyone have tests/treatment/side-effects this week.

Hugs

Cath

laurelle

hi joanne,  so pleased to read your post it seems that you have come to the corner and are about to turn things around.  I've lost my hair twice and the first time I cried over that more than anything else I think it's a 'woman thing'!  I'm probably going to lose it again but not bothered this time, it comes back eventually and the NHS wigs are so good no one knows you're wearing them and they're quite comfortable.   Don't shut your family out, we mums think we should cope as we don't want to upset our children even though they may be grown up.  I didn't realize I was doing this until this time my daughter and grandaughters have made me promise not to keep anything from them and I know this is the way to go so join with me and let your family in so they can understand what you're goung through and support you.

I hope everything goes well with your treatment, I'm sure you'll let us know how you go on,

Sending love & hugs

Laurelle  x

hbunny

Hi Cath, glad to hear your first session went well.  Fingers crossed for minimal side effects for you. Take it easy and be kind to yourself.  One under your belt, yeh.  I agree the anticipation and the waiting is always worse than the doing.

Great to hear you are happy with your new hair.  I've had 2 full days at work with mine now and although look great it does tend to give me a headache towards the end of the day and can't wait to get rid of it as I walk through the door - will probably get easier as I get used to it though.

Thanks for the hugs, right back at you.  Hbunny xx

CathC

Thanks, Wendy, I'm so glad to have the first one over.

Intend to have a hot bath and early night tonight. Thanks again to all who thought about me today, or sent positive thoughts or hugs - they are all so very much appreciated. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Hugs

Cath

WP23

Hi Cath

Glad you are home and feeling ok.

Onwards and upwards, that's the first one done x 🙂

Listen to your body, rest when you need to and look after yourself.

Wendy xx
CathC

Well, that's me back home after my first chemo session. Got to admit it went a lot better than I thought. Apart from a slight headache, which I think is down to tension I feel fine. I know that will probably change, but at the moment I'm a happy bunny.

I also got my new wig today and it looks amazing! Can't believe how realistic it is.

To anyone still waiting to start their chemo, I'd like to say that the thought of it is probably worse than the actual session. There's a lot of waiting around, so be prepared.

Sending positive thoughts and hugs to all. 

Cath

WP23

Hi Coffeegirl

I couldn't agree more, what great advice:)
I am taking every opportunity to get out and about seeing friends and family and it helps enormously.
Have a great time at the park, sounds like fun 🙂

Wendy xx
WP23

Hi Cath

Hope you dont have to wait around too long for treatment and that all goes well. You will be fine and sitting on the sofa at home before you know it. Treat yourself to something nice - nice meal, relaxing bath etc - we need to comfort ourselves at evey opportunity.

Will be thinking about you

Positive thoughts 🙂

Wendy

Hi Joanne

I think that you will have turned the corner this morning, you have used your negative energy and turned into positive actions an that is very good. I think staying positive (i know it is very hard) helps get through the treatment and will enrich our lives in the future.

Keep that chin up, you are a strong woman and mum, your children will be so proud of you 🙂

Wendy

Hi Laurelle

Hope all goes well with the radiologist, never apologise on here for haveing a moan,

Take care 🙂

Wendy

Hope everyone is doing well this morning either pre or post chemo

Wendy xxx

coffeegirl

Morning everyone, as I've started my chemo last week I've got a few tips for those dreaded s/e. When low on energy, rest, but don't sleep too much through the day if possible. Your body needs you to rest to repair itself, but if you sleep a lot throughout the day this will effect the quality of your sleep at night, and as we all know there are few things worse than insomnia. Try to keep to your normal sleep pattern at night and that will help.
Another tip is to make time for friends, even having a coffee and if possible talk about something other than your cancer, catch up on gossip, soaps etc and this will remind you of how things were prior to your diagnosis, take control of the things you like to do, remember you have cancer, cancer doesn't have you!
It's a long journey for all of us but together we will get there. Hope these help.
I'm off to the local park today with friend and a squad of kids, have a great day everyone xx
CathC

Thanks,Wendy. Treatment starts at 10.30 today, although I've been told it will be probably be late afternoon before I actually get my chemo. Fun. Another looooong day of waiting.

Glad your appointment with your oncologist went well. Do you feel any happier about how they treated/will treat your SE's next time?

Stay well.

Cath

Thanks for the good wishes, laurelle, and don't apologise for having a moan. A lot is happening to you at the moment. I would be more suprised if you didn't want to maon.

Good luck with the radiologist today, I'll be thinking of you. And again on Friday for your port.

Stay strong, we're all here for you.

Gentle hugs.

Cath

Joanne, good luck with your meeting tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

Your post almost made me cry. It sounds like you have a wonderful family, and great friends. Cutting your hair short and taking it back to your original colour would be a shock to the system. So much of our identity is tied up in our hair.

I'm glad you were able to be your emotional, normal self with your family. Sometimes letting go is the only way to stay strong.

I think you are a strong, positive person, because it's only a strong person who can admit to their weakness and fear. We all have our wobbles, and our negative moments, it's what you do with them that counts. I choose to fight, and I think you do too.

Hugs

Cath

Joanne76

Hi good luck tomorrow cath hope all goes well,
I have meeting on Wednesday and prob be starting the following week.
Also good luck to ev1 else xxx
Also just to say to all I have just had a night of having my long blonde hair cut to a short bob and back to my own colour of brown, I cried and cried and my poor best friend manged to keep her cool along with my sister and mum, I then felt so guilty for putting them through this and after so many weeks of feeling numb and thinking I would never feel like me again realised that I am still me, the person that has always put family and friends before myself, and that I have been to wrapped up with being scared and trying to keep it all to myself, that this has not helped me or the people that love me, I just came home and my three sons and step daughter looked at me and said wow you look great, I then broke down with my two older boys 20 and have realised that they want me to be the same emotional open mum I've always been, even though I feel that if I try keep it all to myself that it's better for them I now realise that just having a cuddle and a cry toghether made me feel more like the mum I have always been. I am just hoping that when I wake up tomorrow I have turned that corner and have that positive fighting mind that so many of you seem to have.
Lots of love Joanne xxx
laurelle

Hi Cath,  will be thinking about you tomorrow and everyone else having treatment.  I have to see radiologist tomorrow re large dose of therapy before starting chemo next week and am having port fitted on Friday so not the best of  weeks!     Knowing we're all going through it together does help as just at the moment I feel really fed up with low energy levels and low everything.   Sorry to moan!!!

Thinking of you all and sending love

Laurelle   x

WP23

Hi Cath

Just want to wish you all the best for tomorrow. What time is your treatment?
My appointment with oncologist was fine - bloods checked and levels ok so that was good. Just talked through SE's and if they were all treated successfully, what to expect next time etc...

Hope everyone is feeling ok.

Wendy xx
CathC

Hi, coffeegirl

I haven't started my chemo yet (due to start tomorrow), but I have had some weird dreams already, usually about me having chemo. I think it's my brain's way of working through the nerves.

Glad to hear the good days are outweighing the bad. Long may it continue.

Hi, Wendy - whoo-hoo to finishing all your meds, and I'm glad the aches and pains have eased.

Hope you have a fun day with your daughter.

Hugs

Cath

Hi, wendylois. I'm just back from my chemo talk and it is just a re-hash of the literature they give you in the hospital.

I'm glad they haven't changed your start date. You're on the count down now.

Hugs

rachagogo - glad to hear you're feeling better this morning. Although...opened bags of peanut m&M's!!! Wouldn't happen in my house, they'd be gone in a flash.

I've no idea if the pineapple works or not, but I bought one on my way home from the hospital today. Will cut it and take some with me tomorrow.

Getting nervous about tomorrow so your hugs are much appreciated.

Hugs right back

Cath

Hi, hbunny, glad you're managing to get some sleep now. I found out today that I probably won't need steroids - seemingly they aren't needed when you're having FEC.

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at you overdosing on the senna - it's either a feast or a famine, isn't it. lol

Thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow.

Hugs

Cath

Joanne, I had my heart scan today and it was painless. The nurses are so nice and it only took about 15 mins.

You will be fine tomorrow, but wishing you luck anyway.

Hugs

Cath

Joanne76

Hi cath, I'm ok thanx still up and down, I have my heart scan tomorrow so feeling nervous about that. Hope your goes ok.

Joanne xxx
hbunny

Hey Cath.  Feeling better since finishing the steroids, slept better last night, although got some catching up to do tonight with a bit of luck.  Re the constipation, I was given senna, which just wasn't enough, but eventually overdosed I think and ended up with the opposite problem, but at least no sick meds now so hoping everything will settle down.  At least I will know what to expect next round!!

Like the star wars imagery, that will teach the sods to mess with us.

Sending you very best wishes for your heart scan this pm, will be thinking of you.

Rachagogo, keep in touch, doing with 2 chemos in a week is tough, but I know you will be tougher and you will come out the other end, just hold on to the positives and do one day at a time.  

Coffeehouse, looks like we are on the same regieme, 3 fec x 3 tax, followed by radiotherapy. 1st session last Thursday, so will be good to share experiences.  How are you doing re side effects?

Hope everyone is doing well today and good luck to everyone else undergoing treatment this week.

Love to all. Hbunny xx

rachagogo

Thanks Cath, Wendy and Coffeegirl - have woken feeling much better after a very sweaty night's sleep - ooh the side effects are just so glamorous aren't they?!

My appetite has completely reduced - for the first time ever there are opened bags of peanut m&ms in our cupboards with food still in them!

Are any of you trying any particular diets etc to help with SE? Interested to hear more about pineapple - does it help with a sore mouth?

Big hugs to all - if you are having your first session this week try not to worry - I found it was absolutely fine, the nurses were lovely and I felt very safe and cared for xxx

wendylois

Hi CathC, my chemo talk has been put off until Thursday 'due to staffing issues' but treatment is still starting a week today. Best wishes to all, wendylois
WP23

Hi Cath

aches and pains have abated today thanks, trying to keep to paracetamol which has worked so far, i think im taking enough drugs at the moment without adding strong painkillers into the mix.

A week on from first chemo i am now down to lanzaprazole for the heartburn and antibiotics, all other meds finished, yippe for session 1. have appointment with oncolgist this pm (not sure why, probably just to discuss SE's etc....)

Going to have nice manicure and lunch with my daughter.

good luck to everyone starting chemo this week. hope everyone starting last week is well x

Take care

Wendy xxx

coffeegirl

Hey Cath, I will get my second dose of chemo on 22 July, I get it every 3 weeks. I've been having good days and bad days, bad days are when I'm really tired and low on energy, but the good days outweigh the bad ones. Have you been having some crazy dreams on chemo? I swear last night I had the most weirdest dream which seemed to last all night, crazy stuff lol x
CathC

Wendy - glad to hear you're still feeling okay. How are the aches and pains today?

hbunny - did you ask your doctor about something for the constipation? And are you still not sleeping? Maybe you could get something for that too. Hopefully, now you're off the steroids your body will settle down.

You mention pac-man. I was thinking more Star Wars and the chemo is a huge light saber. lol

wendylois - hope you enjoy your caravaning.

Joanne76 - how are you feeling today?

Hi rachagogo. Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time at the moment.

Sending gentle hugs

Cath

Coffeegirl - how are you feeling week two of your chemo? Any side-effects.

I'm off to the hospital this morning for my heart scan and then later on, my chemo talk. To anyone starting chemo today - good luck!

Cath

WP23

Hi rachagogo,

You will find comfort and support here. Sounds like you are on a tough regime, but you will get through it.
I feel very lucky in that I am only having 4 x taxotere & cyclophosphamide, then radiotherapy and Herceptin for a year.
My first chemo was last Monday and although there has been some ups and downs I think I have fared very well, bone pain is horrid though:(
Keep your chin up and take it one day at a time 🙂

Wendy xx
coffeegirl

Hi Rachagogo
Sorry to hear you have to join us here, but believe me you will be better for it. I have also started chemo last week, 3 doses of Fec-d and 3 of Tax which will see me through to Nov. no question is too daft so if there is anything worrying you post it on here, we will do our best to see you through it. xx
rachagogo

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and started chemo on Tuesday and Wednesday (1st and 2nd July).

Having primary chemo of 6 cycles of Docetaxel, Herceptin, Perjeta and Zometa (for bone mets) then due to have a mastectomy before continuing on with Herceptin, Perjeta and Tamoxifen, possibly with some spinal surgery thrown in for good measure!

Just wondered if anyone else is ona similar routine and if so how you are getting on? I'm suffering with quite bad bone pain which is the zometa I think, but also feeling very down and sorry for myself today too. 

Words of wisdom welcomed 🙂

Rachagogo x

rachagogo

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and looking for a bit of support having started chemo on Tuesday and Wednesday!

I'm feeling a bit rough and sorry for myself today, although had been feeling fine until Friday evening.

I'm on 6 cycles of docetaxel, herceptin, perjeta and zometa (for bone mets) and due to have a mastectomy at the end of the 6 cycles.

Interested to hear if anyone else is on the same regime as me- I'm getting quite a lot of bone pain which I think is from the Zometa 😞

You wonderful ladies are all so strong and brave, need some of that to rub off on me too please!

Lots of love
Joanne76

Hi laurelle, thank you for your support, It's really difficult feeling so alienated from everyone else. I am doing my best to get into a good mind set to kick a## hope that happens soon.
Good luck with your next session.
Joanne xxx
Joanne76

Hi cath, thank you for replying, I don't no what I would do without this, think it's the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.
Hope you are well.
Joanne xxx
wendylois

I'd love to but we're caravanning that week, just locally because of appointments, and I don't know what my internet access will be like. Will catch up at some time!
WP23

Hi hbunny

I got lactulose from chemist for constipation, only had to take one dose to get back to normal, I tried all of the natural stuff but gave in just to get some relief.

Pac-man sounds great :):)

Take care

Wendy xx
hbunny

Morning Wendy.  Lovely to hear you are so upbeat this am. I'm now day 4 and still feeling pretty good, although last of the steroids this am, so will see if the tiredness kicks in tomorrow at work.  Only side effects really to note for me so far is the dreaded constipation, senna just not doing it, or prunes, pumpkin seeds etc etc, any other suggestions anyone? And also having trouble getting to sleep, usually get a good 7.5 hours a night, even through this horrid time, I think my system tends to shut down when anxious, but right now getting about 4 hours (bet that seems like heaven to some on this site), hopefully tonight will zonk with no steroids in system.

Good luck to everyone having treatment this week, fingers crossed for all.  I see a game of Pac-man going on around my system, how weird is that.  Have a good day and as always keep strong.  Love hbunny xx

WP23

Good morning July ladies,

It is a beautiful day again in north west Cumbria.

I have no idea how to manage threads etc, just talk and hope everyone catches the drift!!! 🙂

Well, it is now day 7 for me on TC, and to be fair after reading some earlier monthly threads on the side effects of Taxotere I was more than apprehensive.

But I managed to get out yesterday with hubby, pottered about a local market and had lovely lunch then dome some gardening later on, when the sun had gone own:(
Although I have had aces and pains etc it has been doable, I am a control freak so did not like it when my body was saying I needed to sleep at 1 in the afternoon !:)
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
hbunny - what a positive way to get your hair shaved - hoorah for your hairdresser 🙂
Just - hope the party went well and you had a great time 🙂
Laurelle - you are an inspiration to us all - go get it girl 🙂
Mogs 33 - good luck Monday
CathC - good luck Tuesday
Sugar8 - good luck Wednesday
Horseslave - good luck Thursday

If I have missed anybody, apologies, have a great day

Wendy xxxx 🙂
laurelle

Hi  Joanne,

You're not being 'desperate' at all, you're going through all the feelings we all have and it's difficult for friends and family to understand because they love you and want to do the best for you.  I've not been on the site for a few days as I've felt a bit low and scared as I'm due to start my 4th different type of chemo next week but feel better today and determined to give it my best shot.  Whatever you feel or say is totally understood by us all so please don't feel you're on your own, just promise yourself you're going to 'kick ass'!!

I'm a new member and only have quite basic computer skills so am having fun trying to work out which 'threads' etc I should be on but hopefully I'll get there in the end!

Keep your chin up,

Love   Laurelle    x

CathC

Does anyone know how to multi-quote posts? I'm finding the layout of these threads confusing. Yup, I'm a computer dunce.

Wendy, sorry to hear you're having bone/muscle pain. Has it eased any? Here's hoping it eases soon.

And Lanzarote...not surprised you didn't want to come back. I'm glad you managed your holiday before all the treatment started.

Thanks for telling me about your 'wobble' - good to know I'm not the only one who cries at inopportune times.

I agree re the unknown being the worst. I just want to get this over. I'm used to fighting my own battles, waiting for other people/drugs to do it for me is just so...AAaagh!

Morag, sorry to hear your WBC count is low. Here's hoping it's just a glitch and the tretment goes ahead as planned.

It's my last weekend of freedom too. Maybe we should have a cyber party? lol

Lots of luck for Monday. <<<HUG>>

Joanne, you don't sound desperate at all. In fact, everything you've written sounds entirely normal and nothing we all haven't gone through and are still going through.

As Wendy says, we're all here for each other and we all understand exactly how you're feeling.

polar - Hope hubby arrived home OK. You must be so excited to see him after 2 weeks apart. I hope you have a great weekend. And thanks for the tip on shaving all the hair off, rather than having a number 1.

JuSt - I hope you're having a fantastic time at your family meal/party. It sounds like a lot of fun. Just remember to take it easy and listen to your body.

I've got over my wobble (thanks for asking) and am more determined than ever to beat this thing. Roll on Tuesday. lol

Hiya, coffeegirl, sorry to hear you're feeling low at the moment. Please, take care of yourself and take all the spoiling and pampering you can.

Feel better soon.

Gentle hugs.

hbunny - your hairdresser sounds amazing. I'm so glad the whole hairshaving day was so positive for you. It sounds like you have some really good people in your life.

And yay, for no real side effects - long may it continue.

Really appreciate the kinds words.

Hugs

Cath