1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

hbunny

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Hi all, just to share I have been doing a bit of research on phalbitis and found a research trial giving really positive results for massaging seasame oil, so I'm off to find some and give it a trial of my own tomorrow.  Would be great if something so simple and innocuous works.

Hope everyone sleeps well, happy dreams.  Hbunny

JuSt

Hi All,

Been an up & down week after 2nd FEC, don't think the weather has helped but no doubt I could be worse than I have been so hope to start feeling on the up again soon.

Sugar8 - glad you are feeling good - hope you have a great time celebrating your son's birthday and mmmmmmm! carrot cake - my fave!!

Dellan - glad you are feeling better now.

CathC - great to hear you are home.  Hope all goes well with the hair - just try to focus on the fact it is only temporary.  I just recently saw a lady I know who went through this last year and couldn't believe how much her hair has grown already.  Good luck with the dentist too on Monday.

Sodastream - thanks for the info re veins.  Mine hurt during treatment on Monday then seemed to be ok until last night - was painful in the night, feeling tight and bruised so I'll ask about the saline thing next time.

Karen2609 - good luck with your 2nd FEC today and hope you manage to wee ok - I always go loads when I'm there but am not doing the cold cap.  Hope the bee sting is ok and know what you mean about beloved tea - my darling hubby brings me one every morning but it's just not going down this week.  Taste issue is defo worse for me this second cycle so am struggling to get fluids in sometimes but it doesn't seem to be affecting food and I'm eating plenty.

Joanne76 - really sorry to hear you are having a rough time after your first FEC.  I do hope they can sort you out quickly and hopefully change your meds to help next time - big hugs x

WP23 - hope your SE's are now easing off a little from yesterday

Wendylois - great to hear you are still feeling good on day 12 and your wig sounds great - enjoy your new look!

Nikki49 - thanks for the info on the steroid tail - will try to remember that if needed when that part of the journey begins.

To each and everyone - hugs and best wishes and may we all get through this journey together and get to the other side quickly xxx

JuSt

x

hbunny

Hi everyone.  Cath really pleased you are home, but sorry about the inevitable hair, it's so sad to look at yourself looking back so differently, but its still you and you will get used to it surprisingly quickly.  

Hope everyone suffering with side effects leaves them behind soon and you all feel like you again soon.  Tomorrow is another day.

I'm now about 4 hours post fec2 and feeling ok, although a little queezy and fuzzy headed. Enmed prescribed this time round and less steroids so hopefully the queezy will Will leave me alone and I will get better sleep with fewer steroids.  I have been drinking so much water all week, but still had trouble with the veins and sore again, I was given some cream which I hope will help.  Will let you know what tomorrow brings.

The hair by the way stopped falling out after a couple of days, but had already shaved it off to a skin by then and its now rather stubble, the bits that didn't fall out are still growing!

Hope everyone has a good weekend with few side effects to bother.  Sending hugs to all you brave ladies. 2 down 4 to go!!

sugar8

Thanks Nikki49 for your kind advise. I will certainly be asking my oncologist for a steroid tail as my SEs were awful. No sickness but terrible ' hit by a bus' bone pain.
sugar8

Well done wendylois re no SEs. that must be a relief. Your wig sounds great and fashionable πŸ™‚
Nikki49

Hi hope you don't mind me poking my nose in, I finished 6x fec-t in December last yr. I noticed that one of you has already had Taxotere or docetaxol anyway the 'T' of fec-t.
I suffered awful aches and pains after my 1st 'T' complained bitterly to my onc who prescribed a 'steroid tail' for my next cycle. OMG! Talk about wonder drug, those 9 extra little tables made all the difference..... 1st cycle laid up on sofa for 3 days with a timer pinging every 4 hours telling which painkiller I can take next.
2nd cycle same days as 1st I put the Christmas tree up.
So if you suffer with aches and pains like you've been beaten up with a baseball bat, ask your onc about the steroid tail xx
wendylois

Day 12 following first EC and still - amazingly - no side effects whatsoever! I feel almost guilty when I read what some of you are going through, but very thankful. I'm getting used to my grade 4 which my son gave me on Sunday night, and have even had lots of compliments. I've found that with lots of make-up and big earrings it's a look I could get used to, and even had a compliment from a total stranger in Winchester this week which did me a lot of good! I picked up my wig this morning and absolutely love it. It's a longer, flicky Raquel Welch style which I could never have achieved with my own hair. So now I feel I'm ready for day 14 + and the big 'fall-out', though not looking forward to the mess. I think I'll get my husband to shave it if it's going everywhere. If anything it's made me get out of the rut I've been in for years with my hair, even if the experimentation has been forced on me. Well, you've got to look for the pluses, haven't you. Best wishes to everyone who haven't been feeling well this week, and good luck for next week.

sugar8

Good morning July ladies. At least looking on the positive side we have some lovely weather even if we can't  sit in it we can enjoy the pleasantness fromindoorsSmiley Very Happy

Horseslave- your son sounds lovely and supportive.   Great that you have an oncologist who listens. My assessment appt is on the 28th. We shall see.

Wendy- how r you today? Are you getting over the worse of the SEs. Good to know that the pattern on the tc is the same onthe 2nd cycle. I shall now be more mentally prepared and I have already cancelled 2 shifts which I had booked after my 2nd cycle.  Hope the SEs are the same or better because I hate surprises.

Oh Joanne- My heart goes out to you. The constant sickness must be even worse than the bone pains which I experience. I do hope that you are feeling better emotionally now and that you  are managing to get some sleep. ((hugs)).

Karen2609- Good luck with your 2nd cycle. Fingers crossed all goes well with minimal SEs.

CathC- I feel for you. So sorry about your hair. I thought about tips re funny side but I too was tearful during the worse and I could only see the funny side of things after I felt better and more like myself. X X. Just stay well and focus on getting better. The people who love you will understand. Good luckat the dentist. 

Thanks for the advice re sore veins Sodastream. I shall remember if necessary.  Smiley Happy

Wendy- I went to the loo with my coldcap on. It can be detached and will continue to work, but the quicker you can get it reattached the better as I found that a slight brainfreeze returned after detachment from

the Paxman.  

Dellan- Glad that you are feeling better emotionally. Onward and upwards.

Well, DAY 17 for me and feeling good. I baked a carrot cake this morning for my son's birthday today. He's working today, so we shall celebrate tomorrow. I shall be popping out some time to put a surprise birthday banner and balloons on his front door. Smiley Very Happy

Good luck everyone. Stay strong. MyHair is still intact, although I am scared  to wash it in case it falls off. Keeping fingers crossed till day 21. x x

love 

Clare (sugar8)

Dellan

Morning ladies,

CathC - so glad to see you're home but sorry you're now having to face shaving your head. This is one of my biggest fears too. When the time comes I'm not sure how I'll cope but at least we can take strength from each other here. Sending lots of hugs x

Karen - I went to the toilet wearing the cold cap, so you should be fine. X

Claire - glad to hear you are pain free. You were right about the hormones, Im feeling much better today much to my husbands delight. X

Wendy - thank you so much for recommending The Choice. I downloaded it yesterday and I'm already 100 pages in. X

Hugs to everyone else I haven't mentioned.

Dee xx

CathC

@WP23 wrote:
morning ladies,

Karen - can you not go to the loo with cold cap on????? I always end up wheeling my chemo to the loo and I'm only there 2 hours!!!! hope all goes well for you today and the horrible sickness does not rear its head.

Cath C - glad to hear you are out of hospital at last, I was really upset when my hair started falling out on mass, I know we know it is going to happen but it doesn't lessen the shock. My hairdresser talked the whole time she was sorting mine out so I didn't cry, even though I thought I would. Hope you get your teeth sorted and chemo goes well on Tuesday πŸ™‚

Good luck to anyone getting chemo today, hope SE's aren't too bad for those who have already had it πŸ™‚

Wendy x

Thanks for that, Wendy - glad to know I'm not alone. I'm surprised at my urge to cry. After all I've known this was coming, and was prepared for it - or so I thought.

My hairdresser is lovely and she's said she'll do the deed after work hours so no one else will be there. She'll also trim my wig for me. After everything else I've been through this shouldn't be so hard.

Hope you're feeling well.

Hugs

Cath

WP23

morning ladies,

Karen - can you not go to the loo with cold cap on????? I always end up wheeling my chemo to the loo and I'm only there 2 hours!!!! hope all goes well for you today and the horrible sickness does not rear its head.

Cath C - glad to hear you are out of hospital at last, I was really upset when my hair started falling out on mass, I know we know it is going to happen but it doesn't lessen the shock. My hairdresser talked the whole time she was sorting mine out so I didn't cry, even though I thought I would. Hope you get your teeth sorted and chemo goes well on Tuesday πŸ™‚

Good luck to anyone getting chemo today, hope SE's aren't too bad for those who have already had it πŸ™‚

Wendy x
Sodastream

Hi all, hope you're all coping with this hot weather, it is draining especially when you are already suffering side effects. For those that have suffered sore veins after having chemo I promised I'd report back after this last cycle, well I can happily report that my 4th FEC has caused no soreness to my veins like the other 3. If you can remember the last nurse saw my previous veins and hooked me up to a very large bag of saline which was flushed through quickly and has definitely helped my veins. So if any if you do suffer don't be afraid to ask them to do the same as it has helped. X
CathC

Good morning ladies.

So many posts to catch up on. To all those having treatment - good luck. To all those suffering side-effects - Hugs. And to all those just feeling scared and miserable - mega hugs.

Day 18 for me. Got home from hospital last night with anti biotics to take for another 5 days. Think my infection may be coming from my teeth so have made an app with my dentist for Monday, before my 2nd Chemo on Tuesday. Hair is coming out in handfuls now so I have to phone my hairdresser to get it shaved off. Now that the time is almost here, I'm kinda dreading it. My biggest fear is crying the whole way through it. Any tips to see the funny side?

Hugs to all

Cath

Karen2609

Morning Ladies

Sorry to hear so many have a rough time at the moment, let's hope this next week is better. I'm having 2nd Fec today and hoping meds will be adjusted to sort out my sickness. I've taken the tips about drinking lots of water on board but am slightly concerned about how I'm going to do that and manage 4 hrs under cold cap without having a wee, I'm always going normally even just drinking my beloved tea. Talking of that making the most of my tea this morning as it will be the last I enjoy for a few days.
Hair still here but started to come out around day 19 so will have to see how it goes, have my wig ready in case I need it.
Good luck to anyone else having treatment over next few days, I was stung by a bee last night and am hoping that won't stop today going ahead!
WP23

Hi Joanne

I know, it is hard, except all the help you are offered though, especially with your little one, that is what people want to do, help you, and by taking care of practicalities and your son everyone will benefit. Take some time out to relax and unwind if you can, even if it is only for half an hour xxx

Wendy x
Joanne76

Hi Wendy, stopped the meds yesterday and they said hopefully!!! it will calm down in a few days, just don't no how they expect you to deal with this especially when I have a little boy to look after, had to call my friend round as panicking to much, and now just feel so hopeless and guilty, really don't no how I'm going to do this another 5 times 😞

Hope your aches and pains ease off for you.

Joanne xxx
WP23

Hi Joanne

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. Have you not been given any advice on what you could do in the mean time??? have you stopped taking anti sickness meds?
Hugs

Wendy x
Joanne76

Hi everyone, hope you are all feeling a bit better,
I had my first fec on Friday and hasn't been fun at all,
First night had to go to hospital after being continually sick, put on a fluids,
Other se not to bad,
The worst I am having is apparently a reaction to sickness meds, which are feeling very anxious, irritable and not sleeping, they say they will adjust meds for next time, but what am I supposed to so in the mean time waiting for it to wear off, I feel like I'm going to explode or go crazy, my poor family are at there wits end and don't no what to do for me 😞 xxx

Hope you ladies get home from the hospital soon xxx
WP23

Good morning ladies

Day 4 for me and achey and miserable just like last cycle, but I know it only lasts a few days (hopefully) and then can get back to some kind of normality.

Hi Horseslave - you have made me smile sharing your hubbies comments πŸ™‚ bless them they don't know how to handle us sometimes do they:) great your lovely son is helping you with your headgear, my daughter is having great fun with mine and even wore a scarf herself when we went out the other day. So glad your oncologist is able to alter your meds for next time, god love all of those who have gone before us and did not have the meds we now have to cover all SE's, I have recently read a book by Bernadette Bohan, she has survived cancer twice, the second breast cancer, this was some time ago and her story of SE's broke my heart at times. The story is very inspirational and she tells of how she has turned her life around using diet and altering her lifestyle, the book is called The Choice and is well worth reading. I am definitely going to look into making some of the changes she recommends.

Hope everyone is doing ok today, good luck to anyone having second chemo, pray for minimal SE's for you all πŸ™‚

Wendy xx
Horseslave

Morning all! Another beautiful day. Cool breeze wafting in from window at moment. Well that won't last.
My heart goes out to anyone stuck in hospital - hope you recover quickly x
Heres to minimal SEs one and all. Also heres to our continued strength together in beating this pants illness.

Husband shaved head yesterday..singing ' we're in the army now' I kicked him. Did make me laugh though. My gorgeous gay son has been helping me adjust head scarves and is giving out head gear fashion advice. What a pleasure he is, such a wonderful person I can see him becoming. He's 18 and off to Art college soon.
My head feels lovely and cool now, its much easier to sleep.

Saw oncologist yesterday, she is altering my medication for fec2 to minimise nausea and sickness, which is good news. She said that fingers crossed I will feel better next time. Its great that they can do something about the SEs I wonder how chemo patients coped in the early days of it being used?

sugar8

Dellan- re the hormonal SEs. It happened to me. My cravings were terrible and my emotions were all over the place. I HAD to eat on the dot at set times or I got so miserable. One minute I was fine, the next I was like a bear with a sore head. My poor long suffering husband coped very well  Smiley Happy  I felt sorry for him but I just couldn't control it . It was like being pregnant again. It lasted for about 8 days

sugar8

Hi All Day 16 for me. I am feeling great, controlling sciatica pain with Ibruprofen and back support. I 

am going to try and start up my gym sessions today to try and strengthen my back muscles. I have noticed that  when I worked yesterday the pain had improved.The resting don't help, so I am mobilislng a lot which helps. 

CathC and Flossie - hope you will be discharged from hospital soon. This hot weather must increase your discomfort.

Wendy- Hope the swelling goes down soon. Chipmunk eh? Smiley Happy Is that the SE of the 2nd tc? ohlala that's something for me to look forward too but at least I will be prepared. Thanks for sharing.  

juSt- sorry about your dad. Didn't realise both you and your mother in law were having chemo together. How are you both coping? ((hugs)) at difficult times. Try and stay positive thro' these times. Shame about those veins. Hope they are not feeling too painful now.

Coffeegirl- my heart goes out to you. You must have been so exhausted spending so much time at the hospital. Hope you got a good sleep.

Hi Dellan- my tiredness suddenly improved on Day 14. I felt that my body had returned to my skin Smiley Very Happy  I even went to work and felt soooooo much better for it. I love my job. I know next cycle might be a repeat of the first but i am keeping everything crossed. My hair remains intact but not getting excited until day 21

Regards to everyone else

Clare xx

Dellan

Morning everyone,

Sorry to hear some of you have not had a good few days. I hope the side effects ease quickly and you're feeling better soon.

Day 6 after treatment and starting to feel more tired. I brought my wig yesterday, which I was over the moon with until I got home. I'm not sure if it was the reality I'd be losing my hair or just a down day. I burst into tears for no reason and just felt numb and empty all evening. It feels like back when I was pregnant and my hormones were all over the place. Feeling a bit better this morning, although a bit of a fuzzy head. Is this a SE?

CathC - what an awful week you've had! Thinking of you and hope you are well and out of hospital quickly. Sending lots of positive hugs.

Sugar 8 - sorry to hear your sciatica is causing you pain. I hope this eases for you and the tiredness improves.

MP23 - glad to hear you had a better nights sleep and hope the swelling continues to go down quickly.

JuSt - glad your second FEC wasn't too bad but that doesn't sound good with the veins. I had trouble the first time, so I'm having a port fitted next Friday.

Good luck to everyone else having treatment this week and hope the SE's stay away.

Dee
Xx

coffeegirl

Hi Wendy, it usually takes about 2 and half hours as I am using the cold cap, if I didn't use the cold cap it would normally take about 45 mins for treatment to be administered, but I had the Oncologist to see and bloods to get done.
I do hope you feel better soon Wendy and that your s/e are not going to be reoccurring, fingers crossed x
WP23

Hi coffeegirl

sorry to hear about your long day, 9 hours is a long time, and 2 hopitals!!. How long does it usually take for FEC? my TC takes about 3 hours.
Gad you have medicine for mouth ulcers this time, hope SE's are minimal πŸ™‚

Take care

Wendy πŸ™‚ x
coffeegirl

Morning everyone, sorry to hear some of you are still suffering from S/E, hope the hospital stays are minimal and you will be home soon. I had second treatment yesterday, had problems with line so I was sent to another hospital for it to be checked, all overall I was at hospital/s for 9 hours, so it was long day and I was glad to get home at 7pm. Hopefully minimal S/E for me, got lots of medicine for mouth ulcers in case they reoccur and I plan to drink loads of water. Another treatment under my belt so happy with that, 2 down 4 to go πŸ‘
WP23

Morning ladies,

Day 3 of cycle 2!! had a better sleep last night, not great but better all the same. A little less swelling today aswell so that is good, waiting for the bone pain to kick in soon though 😞

Hi CathC - you poor thing stuck in hospital until Friday wont be much fun, are you feeling ok in yourself?? will you be ok for your second cycle?
Sending hugs to you x

Hi Candyflossie - hope you are on the mend and get out of hospital soon.
Sending hugs to you too x

Hi JuSt - hope the SE's are minimal, I have also felt a little nauseous this time but haven't actually been sick (my worst nightmare!!), hope you got out with your labs last night, take care xx
Hope everyone else is relatively well, rachagogo, coffegirl and Nicky13, hope your chemos went ok yesterday x

Onwards and upwards ladies πŸ™‚

Wendy x

CathC

Hi JuSt

Sorry to hear you're dad has been unwell, but glad your second session had gone ok. Although, that vein spasm sounds horrible.

Coffee girl- good luck today.

Say 16 for me today . Hair started coming out in handfuls yesterday. Nothing I can do about it while I'm in hospital hopefully I'll get home soon and can get it cut off.

Take care, ladies. How you're ask feeling well.

Cath
CathC

Candyflossie- sorry to hear you're in hospital too.it's no fun. Have they managed to get your white blood cell count back up? As of last night mine was still down. They reckon it will be Friday, at the least, before I can get out.

Stay well and I how you get home soon.

WP23- how are you feeling today? Has the swelling gone down? Listen to your body and take things easy.

Mogs- keep an eye on that cold and don't let it develop into anything.

Sounds like our SE-free few weeks have come an end.

Hugs to all
JuSt

Oh dear Wendy, sorry to hear about the swelling. Hope the fans help and you manage to get some sleep. I found the heat too hot to go out in today so spent most of it indoors - just off out for a little jaunt with my labs now it's cooled down. Take care, get some rest and hope you feel brighter tomorrow,
Just x
WP23

Hi JuSt

Glad you are feeling ok after number 2, you are certainly spending your fair share of time in the hospital. My feet ankles hands and eyes are swollen, I look like a bleeding chipmunk, the heat isn't helping either, I have been out buying fans this afternoon, so hopefully will get better nights sleep tonight.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Take care xx

Wendy
JuSt

Hi all,

Time to catch up again - spent lots of time at the hospital last week but not mainly for me - with my dad who they kept in hospital because his potassium was high when he had his bloods done then, whilst monitoring him, found his heart rate was very low and irregular so they kept him in and fitted a pacemaker.  Yesterday, was another family outing to the hospital as me and my mum-in-law went for our chemo session together.   Feel like we are a little too familiar with that place at the moment!

Anyway, my 2nd FEC wasn't too bad - my vein decided to go into spasm so that was quite painful for a while but they eased back on the drugs and put heat pad on so it did settle down again.  Then I had my usual nauseous day (on & off) followed by a big vomit when I took my antibiotic tablet last night - just like first cycle but then I felt better afterwards and had a pretty good nights sleep so don't feel too bad at all today.

CathC & Candyflossie - sorry to hear you are both in hospital and hope you feel better and get back home soon - extra hospital hugs to you both x

Clare (sugar8) - glad you are feeling pretty well - i've not had the nasal sensations except the tingly nostrils on day of treatment - do have a couple of longer hairs up my nostrils than on my head though so wouldn't mind losing them.  Tissues at the ready.

Pennyfarthing - I also had some spots under the surface of my skin on one cheek which only seemed to last a few days - hope yours settle soon.

Wendy (WP23) - glad your second cycle went ok yesterday and hope your SE's remain minimal.  Where are you swollen?  Do get plenty of rest x

Wendylois - glad you are doing well - hopefully you will get away without SE's kicking in now.  Hope you are getting used to the short hair shock - I was pretty convinced at times that mine was strong and would last longer but day 14 was the one - in the morning I ran my hands through and it was fine, in the evening I ran my hands through again and whoosh! handfuls of hair so I went out chasing clippers.  

Hbunny - good luck for FEC2 on friday x

Coffeegirl - good luck for FEC2 today x

Pookieharton - I've just had my second FEC yesterday and so far the SE's have been very similar - nauseous then sick once yesterday, felt better after, just feel slightly 'off' today with a flushed face.

Horseslave - the hair loss is indeed very comfortable in the heat.  Have shaved the remainder of mine off this morning (after getting sick of hoovering the bed) and it's keeping me cooler indoors - will wear headscarf to go out in later though - I don't feel as confident going out bald as I did with a number 4 clip and also don't want to burn it!

Dellan - glad the SE's are not too bad for you and hope it continues.

Mogs33 - loved your barber's story and glad you have had a great hair, or no hair, experience!  Hope the feeling of a cold turns out to be nothing much and goes away quickly.

To everyone else I may have missed - hope you are all well with minimal side effects.

Hugs and best wishes to all xx

mogs33

Dear candyflossie and Cath c , I hope you are both feeling better and get home soon , sounds bloody awful and something that I dread. resting sounds like a good idea WP23 , I think I may have over done it a bit this weekend as well. As women when we feel a bit better we think we can do anything. Which will will be able to do again soon but need to take our time and let our bodies heal. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold but hope it disappears. Take car everyone xx

WP23

HI Candyflossie,

Sorry to hear you have also ended up in hospital, hope you and Cath are feeing better soon.

I have been very tired and very swollen today after yesterdays 2nd chemo, went back to bed this am. Going to rest up for a few days as I think going to York at the weekend had already used up all of my spare energy.

Hope everyone is well and good luck to everyone having 2nd chemo this week.

Wendy xx
Candyflossie

We really are chemo buddies CathC I've also ended up in hospital on Sunday with high temperature and neutropenic and on the IV antibiotics now. Hope to get discharged tomorrow afternoon, not liking this one bitπŸ˜•
Keep us posted and get better soon.

Flossie xx
CathC

Sorry for all the spelling mistakes. Darn auto correct. Lol
CathC

Thanks for all the good wishes . I'm still in hospital, feeling ok, although my our hands is sore with ask the needles they've sticking in it. Biggest problem is getting some sleep-they keep waking me up.Lol

Hbunny -good luck for Friday.

Wendylois- glad to hear you're still SE free. Long may it last.

WP 23 glad you're second session went well.

Pennyfarthing , I've heard a few ladies on other threads mention spots. Not a nice side effect. Hope they clear up soon.

Clare, glad you're in high spirits . Thanks
For the tip about tissues.

Sorry this us short and sweet. Hard to write
On my phone .

Hugs to all.
sugar8

Hi lots of posts since yesterday. Missed a day as had busy weekend with sons so had to catch up on posts.

sodastream I wonder if my symptoms will change thro'cycles. I am hoping it will get better (fingers crossed). cold cap used now Day 13,  still ok so holding my breath our the next couple of weeks  Smiley Wink

mags33 wish I can be as brave as you.Your account of your  barber's haircut leaves me smiling.

Dellan glad SEs not too trying.

CathC so sorry about your admission to hospital. Hope they are taking good care of you. Just what you were dreading as well! ((HUGS)) wish you better  x x

Hi Wendy (WP23) it is expensive geting all this stuff to try to cope with SEs

hbunny good luck with your tr'ment on Friday.

I likeyour positive attituude Pennyfarthing Smiley Happy

Well  I am feeling well enough pottering around in the day but tired earlier at night. If it wasn't for my dreaded sciatica I would be pain free again. Anyone got a strange nasal sensation on Day 12? my other hairs are fine but I think my deeper nasal hairs have gone so I feel as if I am breathing fresh air continuously and I have a slight nasal drip. ..so guys remember your tissues.

Good luck to all having further cycles soon. Look after yourselves

must go to bed

x x

Clare 

Pennyfarthing

Hi Hbunny and Wendy, sooo glad I'm here doing this, there is no end to the new experiences, I'm day 7 and had them a couple of days but getting worse, at least they'll get better, eventually......like the 'erupted' comment by the way! X
hbunny

Hi pennyfarthing.  Spots, yes a few of us have suffered, some more than others, but a side effect that seems to have erupted (sorry) around day 8-10.  Didn't last long though.  Hbunny

WP23

Hi Pennyfarthing

I think a couple of the ladies had spots, im sure it is on this thread somewhere, sorry but looks like it may be a SE 😞
Wendy x
Pennyfarthing

Hi everyone, a bit of a mixed bag over the last few days I see, glad the hot weather isn't interfering too much with life for most, really shocked to see Cath in hospital, wishing a speedy recovery your way! I'm still amazed at the relative lack of SEs on this thread compared to others I've read, I have an odd question though in connection with that! I've noticed spots coming up on my face....I thought my acne days were well and truly behind me but it seems I'm wrong, is this an SE that anyone has heard of before or is it just a rotten joke? X
v.norval4@hotmail.co.uk

Hi everyone, this is my first time writing on the forum. I had my second FEC five days ago and have really found it more of a struggle compared to the first one. The really hot temperature hasn't helped. My body doesn't feel like it belongs to me anymore. Feel a bit of a wreck. Hair falling out lots now despite trying cold cap twice. I have a picc line in because my veins weren't good with the chemo liquids. This is slightly uncomfortable and inhibiting during this hot weather. Plus my other arm is sore after the lymph node removals. I know things will get easier over the next few days but at the moment I'm feeling a bit low. On a plus side - found a really good (albeit expensive) wig and my nausea is passing plus temperature outside is cooler. Can I ask if anyone else gets pins and needles and a numb feeling in their post op arm or hand? To clarify - the arm where you had lymph nodes removed. It's really annoying me!
Thirst this weekend has been crazy. Roll on winter! πŸ˜‰ Vicky
WP23

Hi everyone

Back home from 2nd cycle of TC, the reaction to the taxotere that can happen on round 2 didn't happen so that was a relief, staff were very ready for it though with all the drugs etc they needed set up and ready, which was very reassuring.
Just going to chill for a couple of days before Se's set in.
Hope everyone is well.
CathC - hope you are feeling better this pm, hopefully you will be able to stay connected to us hun, I cant believe you have been admitted after doing so well, take care :)xx
Hi Wendylois - you are doing really well to be on day 8 and have no Se's, long may it continue for you. Age does not matter these days, go for it and get the doc martins, they are cool :):)

Wendy x

wendylois

Cath C So sorry to hear you're poorly. You'd been doing so well up until now. Wendy Glad you had a good time in York. hbunny Hope your second FEC goes well on Friday. As you say, drinking lots appears to be the answer.

Day 8 of first cycle of EC and still wondering when the SEs are going to start. I've been feeling 100% up till now. Had rather a hectic family party on Saturday. We were expecting thunderstorms but instead it was very hot and sunny so I kept out of the sun, but otherwise was fine. My son came last night and took my hair off with his trusty clippers to a grade 3/4. First time in my life I've not had a fringe so I'm getting a bit of a shock every time I catch sight of myself. Not sure whether or not to buy some Doc Martens and have some piercings and tattoos done, but maybe I'll just go for some chunky earrings instead. At 64 I don't think the other would suit me! I've found an advantage so far having gone into Southampton this morning. It was quite breezy but for the first time in my life I wasn't bothered by my hair blowing around. Well, you've got to look for the positives, haven't you? So I'm all ready now for next weekend's day 14 when my hair is scheduled to start falling out. (It'd better now that I've been scalped!). I hope my hairdresser brings my choice of wigs soon to try as I'm wanting to be ready for the fallout. Hope everyone has a good week and any chemo sessions due go well.

hbunny

Hi Cath, where did that come from, what a shock you were doing so well and must have been through day 14, so just when you think you are in the safe zone again.  Sending loads of hugs, I do hope the antibiotics kick in really quick and you are not in for too long or feeling too crappy.  

I'm coming up for fec2 on Friday and must drink more water as suggested, hoping that will help the veins as well as other side effects.  Hope everyone else is doing well and best of luck to anyone having treatment this week.

Much love hbunny

WP23

Hi Clare (Sugar 😎

Yes I have dark purple fingernails, and left over pink on toes from hols, they will need done again when funds allow!
Also using factor 50 suntan lotion, I got a Clinique SPF 45 for face, it is expensive at Β£26 for 30ml but you only need a little bit, it goes on top of your normal face cream and under make up if you wear it.
It is turning into an expensive job this cancer lark!!!

Well second disaster of the morning just happened, just hung out 2 lovely loads of washing and the bleeding line snapped and it all crashed to the ground!!!! bloody dreading this second round of TC now, god only knows what will happen!
Will let you all know later on today.

JuSt - good luck with your second chemo today hun, hope all goes well xx

Wendy xx
WP23

Oh CathC that is just awful news and you were doing so well. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon hun.

Sending you lots of positive vibes and many many gentle hugs xx

Take care

Wendy x
coffeegirl

Oh Wendy that's rubbish you're not feeling good. Log on here when you can and we will keep you company, try to keep your chin up. πŸ˜†
coffeegirl

Morning everyone, I've got second dose of Fec tomorrow, and I will be doing a lot of drinking from today onwards (just water! Lol). I didn't drink nearly enough after my first dose and reading the posts here it's a must. I'm not a great water drinker, so I think flavoured water might do the trick.