cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

JuSt

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Hi mogs,
We've just booked to go to wales next Monday for a couple of nights, probably due home late weds. If you're free next Thursday or maybe Friday afternoon after my onc appt, we could meet up for a drink then. Let me know,
Julie x
CathC

Horseslave, glad you had a good weekend. good luck with Tax 3. Half-way! whoo-hoo, we're all getting there.

Ruby are you only having 4 cycles? (I say only, but 4 is plenty! lol)

Won't be long until the 1st Sept and you're finished. *Does happy dance.*

Shoes, here's hoping you can keep the penicilline down and the hospital lets you home.

Sending you big hugs for a speedy recovery.

Clare - good luck for your 3rd chemo today! Thinking about you and hoping it all goes well.

Hugs

Cath

shoes220

Still here hoping to go home this afternoon. But not banking on it they are trying me with a penicilline that is in liquid form if i can keep it down i can go home on it. Sorry i have not been on for a few days but not forgot any of you. Karen it would have been lovely to have seen you maybe our paths will cross.

WP23

Horseslave, I love your sense of humour, your posts always make me smile. I wonder why you had tax first before fec??

Hope all goes well and you have controlled SE's this time round x

Wendy x
WP23

Hi ruby

Well done, half way sounds nice doesn't it. I have had my 3rd and last one is on 1st September. Sugar I think has her 3rd today so will hopefully get her last around the 10th September.
The Herceptin wont start for me until after radiotherapy, not sure why, I think it is just different policy at different hospitals. I think sugar has had 1 Herceptin with the rest to follow, (please correct me if I'm wrong sugar).
Wendy x

Horseslave

Bah phooey. Had a nice week forgetting about chemo. Tomorrow is tax number 3 , which means I am half way through the treatment. Then its 3 fec to go. Worst over and done with first.
Glass is half full and all that......
Here we go again, expect lots of moaning from me in approximately two days time.......xx !
ruby44

Wendy

Yes I'm having 4 TC & H. Half way through the chemo bit. 3rd due on 5th Sept. What stages are you and Sugar at?? Xx
CathC

Morag, hope you enjoy your look good feeling better afternoon. Who doesn't love freebies. lol

Shoes - are you still in hospital? how's things going?

JuSt, glad you managed to get out walking with your dog - and missed all the showers, lucky you. lol

Labs are beautiful dogs. I had one as a child and still miss him. Mine's a bit of a mongrel and he's off to the vet this morning too. He has some kind of rash on his skin that needs checked out. Hubby and youngest will take him as I don't think a vets is the right place for me at the moment. I do love dolling out tasks. lol

Hope 'mum' got through her op okay.

How are you feeling with your 3rd cycle?

Wendy, good new that you're finally starting to feel normal again. Will your chemo be over by the time you're due to start work in Sept? It's going to be tough going back, especially if you're not feeling 100%

Take care of yourself, ok?

hbunny - a little exercise can make you feel tons better, especially either followed by, or just after a duvet day. lol

And you fit in work too! You're a super woman and I have no doubt cake is around the corner for you.

How you feeling today?

Karen2609 - glad to hear you're going to get all your notes and I can't believe you don't have a red chemo book - mines actually orange.

Sorry to hear you were sick last night. But whoo-hoo on being half-way through. I don't think you feeling down about it is strange at all. I felt exactly the same way yesterday for mine. Kept having this strange feeling something was wrong and thought it was all the delays, but last night I just thought ANOTHER 3! And for a split second it felt too much. Happily, like you, that feeling passed.

We can do this! We especially can do this together!

Onwards and upwards ladies.

Here's hoping you have minimal SE's this time too.

Enjoy your duvet day.

Wendylois - your LGFB day sounds wonderful, and what a lot of freebies. So jealous. lol

ruby - glad to hear you're doing better, but the bone pain sounds horrible. Can the docs give you anything stronger for it?

I get my injection today so I know exactly where you're coming from. 

Stay well.

Mogs and JuSt - enjoy your meet up. So lovely to hear some of us will actually meet in person.

Unfortunately I don't live in England so the odds of me meeting up with anyone is virtually nil. 😞

Looooong day at the hospital yesterday. My app was at 9.30 and I arrived at 9 (It’s about an hours journey) Nurse called me at 9:45 to tell me my bloods had to be repeated – liver function wasn’t right – and that should take an hour. Got to see dr at 10:30, no results back yet, but if they were ok things would go ahead and she would give me an injection to combat the nausea I felt last time. 12:45 before bloods came back, luckily okay. Infusion planned for 2:45. Was taken to chemo suite at 3pm and finally got my infusion at 4PM, finished at 4:50 and managed to hit every roadblock, tractor and traffic jam on the way home!

I felt I deserved Chinese after all that and it was delicious, probably more so when I know I won’t be able to taste much for the next few days. Have district nurse coming in this afternoon to give me my WB boosting injection and have an extra anti-nausea tablet to take each evening. Here’s hoping for a stress-free chemo 3. Yes, I typed that without laughing.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Good to luck to all having treatment today and praying everyone’s side effects are minimal.

Hugs

Cath

WP23

Hi Mogs33/JuSt

It is a very small world!! lovely that the 2 of you will be able to meet up after meeting on here:)
I am up in West Cumbria on the edge of the Lake District, not sure where everyone else is x
WP23

Hi Ruby
Glad to hear you are feeling better 🙂 The bone and muscle pain is rubbish after the injection isn't it.
Are you having 4 lots of TC the same as me and sugar8?
Take care

Wendy x
mogs33

JuSt,
Well fancy that ! Very small world.
I'm off to norfolk on thurs for the weekend but if your free next tues or weds we could meet for a walk and coffee at the ramblers.(weather permitting) I love dogs we lost our 13.5 yr old golden retriever just before I had my first opp, so I miss the cuddles. Or I could just pop into cheadle and we could go for a coffee there.let me know xx

ruby44

Hiya all

I'm back in the land of the living. Day 5 of 2nd TC&H and I've survived!! I do wish my bone marrow would take it steady after the Neulasta injection, the bone pain is just horrid!! Anyway I've just read through all your posts and of course glad everyone is moving forward.

I too have a black lab, wind and rapidly decreasing hair !!! I'm in Hertfordshire, anyone else in this area???

Sorry cant reply to everyone separately as I just can't flick back and forth efficiently enough on my phone!!! I just wish everyone a good nights sleep and a SE free day tomorro.

Ruby xxx
JuSt

Mogs - wow, small world or what?! I'm in Cheadle and we regularly walk our dogs around Oakamoor, Dimmingsdale, Hawksmoor etc.  Meeting up would be lovely so if you let me know what days are good for you we can either meet somewhere for a drink (maybe The Ramblers?) or just go for a walk - as you say, it would be nice to have a chat about our experiences as we go through this journey.

WP23 & Hbunny - reassuring to know I'm not the only one with the windy issue?  Thankfully, seems to have eased off at the moment (think my family are very relieved lol).

Karen2609 - well done on getting your 3rd FEC over! Sorry to hear your were sick twice and hope that is all over now - I actually didn't mind the being sick bit as I knew I'd feel better after so hope that is the same for you.  I felt similar emotions last week about the 'only halfway' feeling, but it has got better again and I'm looking forward to feeling well on the downward slope after the next treatment.

Wendylois - glad to hear you had a good time on your LGFB session.  Sounds great - will have to check them out as they sound a real treat.

Hugs & best wishes to everyone,

JuSt

x

wendylois

I had my 'Look Good Feel Better' workshop this afternoon at Southampton and can thoroughly recommend them. A super experience, and able to chat with some other ladies with all different cancers; one young lady with an inoperable one involving her pelvis - awful. Anyway, I came away with a beautifully made-up face and a bag containing around £300 of make up and skincare products. Lovely! Hope everyone is getting on well. Wendy

Karen2609

Hi Ladies
I've missed a day and loads of posts to catch up on so I apologise now if I miss anyone out!
Slyolddog - I had a mastectomy (delayed reconstruction ) and Anx clearance ( 2 out of 17 nodes). I did tick the box to be copied in to dr's letters but haven't received, so phoned bcn nurse today and I am going to get them all backdated. I haven't even got a red chemotherapy book!
As I am having docetaxol next time I was also given the extra dexamethasone to take starting day before treatment, apparently this is to help counter any possible reaction. I was also advised to take first lot with breakfast and 2nd with lunch so that I'm not lying wide awake all night! Hope you are well
Morag - hope you enjoy your look good feel better afternoon, heard really good things about them, must book one soon. I know what you mean about the Sept group being up and running - some of our group will be finishing I Sept and I think the rest of us are due to finish in Oct?
Cath - hope all went well with Fec 3 today, another one under the belt and halfway there 😃. Fingers crossed you have minimal SE's
hbunny - glad you managed to get out for a walk last night and back to work today. I do admire you, I'm not allowed back until after chemo because of the risk of infection ( hour and half commute into Central London) but even if I was don't think I could manage it until week 2. Sounds like the healthy soup is doing the trick!
JuSt - glad you managed to get out with your dog today, hope 'mum' is recovering from her op ok. Another duvet day for me tomorrow but plan to take mine out on Thurs, going to try and make the most of giving him lots of long walks while I'm off (well that's the plan at least).
Shoes - sorry to hear you back in hospital, I could have popped in to see you yesterday! Hope your chest infection clears up quickly but glad your SE's not so bad this time. Fingers crossed you are back home soon.
Clare - glad your blood results all good, good luck tomorrow, another one down
Wendy - glad to hear you are feeling better , must be nice to have a date to go back to work and some sort of normality.
Had my 3rd Fec yesterday and they changed my meds but I still managed to be sick twice last night, fine today though and eating plenty before chemo taste returns in earnest. Always feel completely wiped out after treatment and have to go straight to bed. Felt strangely down, had been so excited about getting to the half way point but yesterday kept thinking I'm only halfway through, can't face another 3. Pathetic I know, of course I can face another 3 I haven't even had bad SE's , touch wood! Feeling much better today and planning another duvet day tomorrow, then hopefully start getting back to normal.
Love to all, Karen

hbunny

Hi just.  Yes wind is a problem and not sure I could eat it regularly, maybe leave it for a few days for tum to settle, don't want to overdo it or will be dancing around the room like sugar! Hbunny

hbunny

Hope you pamper yourself silly morag.  I'm also looking forward to my session, but on cancellation list for September, let us know how it goes, think I might need eyebrows by then.  Hbunny

hbunny

Hey Cath, do hope number 3 is now out of the way and you are home looking after yourself.  My duvet day was ok, but actually I feel better just doing and improved after a walk last night, been to work until 3pm today, so things must be improving slightly, just watching the temperature - cake is around the corner, I can feel it!

How are you doing shoes? Really hope your not having too hard a time, look after you. Xx

Clare, really pleased about your blood results, there doesn't seem to be any reason for the peaks and troughs, just luck maybe.  Roll on Wednesday.

Hope everyone else is holding up well this week.  Love to all. Hbunny xx

WP23

Hi everyone

Day 9 of round 3 for me and feeling much more "normal", it has taken a little longer to recover this time but I think I am there now.
I have spoken to my boss and agreed a phased return to work to start 22nd September so normality will certainly return then, I have been off since diagnosis in April!!! 🙂 what a shock to the system work is going to be.

Mogs - yes I noticed September group up and running - we are getting old 🙂 Hope you have a great time at the lgfb group this afternoon, I have just booked mine for 23rd September so will be good to know how it goes 🙂

JuSt - The "wind" is horrendous, I actually blow up like a big balloon for first 3 days after chemo and then slowly deflate....!!!!!!!! lol, nightmare :):):)

CathC - hope everything goes well for you today and your bloods are ok, minimal SE's hopefully, you take care this week xx

Sugar8 - great news your bloods are good to go for Wednesday, take extra special care of your self, will be 3 down and 1 to go :):):) whoooohh xxx

Hope everyone else is having a good week with minimal SE's

Take care

Wendy x
mogs33

JuSt,
The Unhs has been amazing and all under one roof ! I'm not saying its perfect but I certainly feel very well looked after.
Don't suppose you fancy meeting up for a coffee sometime ? I live in oakamoor , cheadle . It would just be really nice to see someone going through this at the same time.

Hey girls I see septs group is up and running ! We are getting old xx
JuSt

Morning all!

Shoes - sorry to hear you are in hospital again but glad your side effects don't seem so bad this time.  Sending best wishes that your infection clears and you are back home soon.  Hugs x

Hbunny - your green soup sounds very healthy and pretty tasty - not sure if my system could cope with the extra 'wind' though!  Don't know if it's just me but I'm defo more windy this 3rd cycle - find myself saying 'excuse me - chemo!' quite a lot.  TMI?! x

Sugar8 - glad your bloods were fine and good luck for the 3rd cycle on Wed x

CathC - yes I finally managed a walk out with my dog yesterday - even managed to get out at the best time of day between rain showers and it felt great!  We have two dogs (labs) but 'mum' was at the vets being spayed so I took 'son' out, which he enjoyed (but could've done with a lot more as he has lots of energy)!  Hope to keep that up again as much as poss.  Best of luck for today to you x

Mogs33 - I'm also at UHNS.  Have heard a few people comment on 'Stoke-on-Trent not good for much but it's the place to be if you have cancer' lines, so have found that quite reassuring.  Hope you enjoy your session at Derby today - let us know how it goes x

Wishing minimal SE'sl and sending hugs to all,

JuSt

mogs33

Shoes220
Hope you are better and out of hospital soon. What are infection indicators ? I only have my trusty thermometer .
Xx morag
mogs33

Morning ladies,
I'm off to my look good feel better afternoon @ derby hospital ( not my hospital which is stoke on trent but they don't do it ) I'll let you know what it's like and what freebies I get.. Quite excited ....it will be good to meet some other ladies face to face today and see how thya are all getting on.
Hope everyone has a good day .
Xx morag
CathC

Karen, like slyolddog,  I asked for my path report and was given copies of everything the hospital sent to my GP.

Slyolddog, I only have myself to look after too. My oldest is 26, my youngest 17 - only one lives at home and he's fit and able to look after himself. I'm in awe of the ladies here who hare juggling jobs and young children while going through this.

Morag - Glad to hear you're bad week is over and you're feeling better.

Thanks for the good wishes for my bloods, and chemo this morning.

hbunny, how did your duvet day go? Maybe we can find you a sugar-free cake to eat (just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? 😞

Don't apologise for feeling sorry for yourself. That's what this site is all about. Plus, lack of sleep and energy gets us all down.

Here's hoping today is a better day for you.

Hi JuSt - Did you manage to get out for a walk with the dog yesterday?

I can relate to trying to find a balance between exercising and feeling tired. I wake each morning with the best of intentions, but they don't last very long. lol

Stay well.

Shoes, so sorry to hear you ended up back in hospital. How long do you think you'll be in?

And is the hub hubby got you working? (wow, that sentence does not read right! ll)

Take care of yourself

Clare, glad to hear your blood results were fine. I've no idea what mine are like until I get to the hospital today - they're taken at my local clinic.

I'm off soon for the hospital for, hopefully, my 3rd FEC.

Sending hugs to all the July ladies.

Cath

sugar8

Hi Ladies
Just a quick update to let you know my blood results were all fine today so onward and upwards for Wednesday's 3rd cycle.
Cath what was yours like today?

So sorry shoes that you had to be hospitalized. Hope you get rid of that chest infection soon.

Mogs Glad you are feeling a better to come up for air to reply to post. Hope you continue improving in leaps and bounds.

Sending hugs to everyone else. Keep strong.

Clare (sugar8)
hbunny

Hi shoes, so sorry to hear you have had another hospital stay, makes me feel very lucky not to be there myself.  In relation to soup, one of the chemo nurses recommended lots of leafy greens to boost the low white blood count, so I made a soup of onion, cabbage, broccoli, salad onions and anything else I could find green, popped in some chicken broth and a potatoe to add a little carbs and also a couple of teaspoons of wheat grass powder, surprisingly tasty if you like the green stuff.  Wheat grass powder might be worth researching as it is a good way to boost immunity, but won't know the results until the next set of bloods, fingers crossed.

Best of luck everyone with hotting up side effects, hopefully will get better from day 5 on.  Take care everyone.  Hbunny xx

shoes220

oops i didnt manage to miss a stay in hospital again after my 2 nd fec. Chest infection they think, my infection indicaters went nuts yesterday morning so had to come and stay for a few days. But funnily enough my ses are nothing like they were last time. But thanks for all the hugs guys i need some of them.

Cath c

Hope you are still feeling good you always manage to cheer me up.

Sugar 8  hope all goes well for you

Hbunny Sorry you feel wiped out but onwards and upwards tell me more about your soup?

Horseslave keep us updated on your new adventure

Slyolddog thanks for the reminder not done exercises for a least a month lol

Karen nice to hear all is still going well with you being half way through.

Anybody else i have missed take care and if you are due treatment this week hope the SE are not to bad.

JuSt

Hi all - another Monday, another week - yay! we are getting there!!  Just wanted to pop in and say hi as not been on for a few days.  

Karen2609 - good luck with FEC 3 today x

CathC - good luck with your bloods today & FEC 3 tomorrow x

Slyolddog - snap! I've also got the dexamethasone 4 twice daily due to start the day before next treatment (thanks Hbunny for the info on that) x

Hbunny - sorry to hear you are still feeling extremely tired and in need of a duvet day. I feel like I've had too many 'lazy' days lately but also that we must listen to our bodies and rest when needed.  Alas, sleep - that is a different matter altogether and I'm still really struggling in that department - I'm finding it pretty hard to get a balance between getting out for some exercise to help with sleeping and feeling too tired to go out to walk! Am determined to get out later today (when it stops raining) to walk the dog no matter how tired I am (she says hopefully). Anyway, hope you manage a good rest day and that you're feeling brighter again very soon x

Mogs33 - glad to hear that you are now feeling great after a bad week.  What a good feeling, eh? Hopefully time will soon come around when we all have lots of the great feelings after all the grotty times x

To anyone I may have missed - Wishing everyone a positive week with minimal side effects and good luck to all those having treatment this week.

Ooh - just remembered I forgot to take my anti-biotic this morning! Chemo brain defo gets worse with each treatment (well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it),

Hugs to all

JuSt

x

hbunny

Hi Slyoldog (funny kindle always comes out with Slumdog!) and Karen.  Hope all is well today.  If you are struggling to get info about your blood counts, ask for a copy before you leave, it's your info and you are entitled to it.

In relation to the dextramathazone Slyoldog, I'm assuming you are on to tax next like me.  I was told to take 4 tabs twice a day starting the day before tax, for 3 days, apparently it's more about possible allergic reaction to the tax than anti sick meds for that one.  Hope that helps to make sense. 

I'm having a duvet day today and just giving in, still feeling extremely tired, but solely a bit better last night. Would love to join you ladies in the cake eating competition, but being diabetic as well can't go anywhere near carbs as everything else gets messed up, things out of control this week and that's not good for a need to be in control type person.

Oh well as we all say it will get better, onwards and upwards and sorry for the obviously feeling sorry for myself day.  Hopefully it will stop raining soon and I can get out for a walk later.  Take care everyone.  Hbunny xx

mogs33

Morning ladies,
I have been reading how you are getting on everyday for the last week but as it was my BAD ! Week didn't get round to sending a message.
Feel great today so here we go !
CathC ... Hope all goes well today with bloods and you get your 3rd Fec tomorrow ...half way though!, yeah! it's just amazing how fast this is all going (don't mind if it goes a bit faster though)
Slyolddog.... I'm the same as you ...I was never ill and very active before they started to make me better ! (Read that somewhere on here ) my first full day in bed was last week . Good luck today and hope you have min side effects !
karen2609 .... Good luck today , hope all goes ahead and you have min SEs .I like you have felt more tired after fec 2 so am presuming its a cumulative thing but we can get through this and just have to learn to rest when we need to.
Hunnybunny........hope you get some serious sleep soon there's nothing worse and it just seems to compound everything else. You should see me if I'm tired and hungry ! A nightmare !
Sugar8......hope all goes well on weds for you and min SEs . Although the range side effects have been less for me on cycle 2 I have definitely been more tired so I'm thinking 3 will probably be worse. You are also on herceptin I don't get that until I change onto docetaxel on cycle 4. I have read that a lot of ladies are suffering with joint and muscle pain on herceptin ?
Horseslave...... Great that you've been able to focus your energy on something new...I just find this whole chemo thing all consuming. I have a photograpy course complete and so with you as my inspiration I'm going to get on with it ! I've never had so much free time on my hands you'd think it would be easy !
Shoes220......hope your feeling better? How did you feel after your injection ?
Ruby 44 ....how did you get on with the neulasta ? Hope you've not had any SEs.
WP23 ...... 3/4 of the way though that is fantastic .... Roll on September !

To all the ladies I've missed I hope you have a good week , min SEs and spoil yourselves as much as possible !

We will soon be through this and that must/will feel amazing .....I for one can't wait to get back to some normality and not be thinking about chemo 24/7
Xx morag

Slyolddog

Hi Karen

I don't know what surgery you may have had before you started chemo but as one of the numerous booklets I was given by the BC nurses said I was entitled to a copy of my path report I actually asked for it. This gave me the information I needed about the size of the tumour, the grade and whether or not it was hormone receptive. If you haven't been given one I suggest you ask for it.

It sounds like your nurses are not completing your red chemotherapy book. Mine didn't the first time either but I asked for them to complete it the second time and they filled in the first set if results as well. I don't know where you're having treatment but it sounds a bit slack. I'm at Basingstoke and they're mostly not too bad. In my bag of meds this time I had an extra pack of Dexamethasone saying take 4 twice a day to be taken the day before, the day of and the day after treatment. I phoned the hospital on Friday and left a message querying this but have had no response. Looking through stuff about Tax it seems I may have to start taking them before I have it. I will check back with the hospital again but it would be nice to have been told.

Anyway, moan over. I only have myself to look after during the day, my kids are in their 20's so semi grown up. I really feel for you ladies going through this with young children.

Have as good a day as possible everyone.
CathC

Clare, how did the blood tests go?

Wendy, thanks for the good wishes for my bloods today. I'm off to the clinic in a mo, so fingers crossed.

hbunny, sorry to hear your 3rd FEC has wiped you out.

Can't believe you've worked the whole way through your treatments without a day off. My hat (or rather, scarf, lol) is off to you. But you need your rest and if you're not sleeping it's gonna  be tough.

Stay well.

slyolddog, how are the veins today? Great news that you've had your last FEC, hopefully, Tax won't be as harsh on your veins.

I, unfortunately, have 6 FEC to get through, 2 down 4 to go. Hoping my veins hold up.

Karen2609 - good luck for FEC 3 today. I know what you mean about being more apprehensive about the treatment this time. Each treatment takes a little more out of you, doesn't it?

Here's to minimal SE's this time.

Day 21 of 2nd FEC and whoo-hoo a hospital free cycle. I'm off for blood tests in a bit and feeling great so hoping the bloods are okay.

If all goes to plan 3rd FEC tomorrow. Half-way there!

Good luck to any ladies going through treatment this week, and to anyone suffering the dreaded SE's

Big hugs to all

Cath

Karen2609

Thanks Slyolddog

I'm like you in that before this happened I was rarely sick, I've not even had a cold in years which made the whole thing even more of a shock. Although I've not been called 'young and healthy' by so many medical people before although I don't feel either at the moment ! It's good that you are given the actual results of your blood tests I feel that I'm not told much at all unless I ask, even when I asked what stage my cancer was my onc fudged the answer, I asked outright if it was stage 2 to be told 'probably'. Anyway moan over , off to drop kids in various places before today's Fec !
Hope you have a good day and that everyone else is feeling well
Slyolddog

Hi Karen

I've no idea why my bloods are holding up. I'm not normally prone to getting ill, hadn't had any sick leave from work for years. Comparing my bloods in my red book they are all up except haemoglobin which is only down by 2. My plts dipped between the second and third but even now is still higher than when I started. I don't understand it. I do exercise on a treadmill when I feel up to it, but I did that anyway. I should say I don't run, just walk at speed to keep the weight stable. Although that has crept up! If I could give advice I would but I don't eat anything special at all. It will be I interesting to see how they are next time.

Hope all goes well for you.
Karen2609

Slyolddog - hope you feeling better and manage to get some cake in before the chemo taste takes effect. I've never eaten so much cake before, was always a chocolate and crisps person.
Only natural to have down days with all we are going through but glad to hear you seem a bit brighter today. Sorry to hear about the problems with your veins, although mine are holding up at the moment they still feel a bit tender so I know what you mean about physio for both arms. As so many ladies have said my best veins are in the arm I can't use. Good to hear about your bloods, any advice gratefully received!
Karen2609

Cath - good for you, 2 glasses of wine and 2 cakes, sounds scrummy! I enjoyed a couple of glasses myself too, been good today pre chemo - lots and lots of water but did manage one last slice of cake before the taste buds go again. If I don't get to post on here before Weds, hope all goes well. Fingers crossed your blood count will be ok esp after all that Manuka honey and beetroot juice.
Clare - thanks for the good wishes. I didn't realise exercise helped kick start the bone marrow. My dog will be pleased I'm going to have to start giving him extra long walks now.
hbunny - hope you starting to feel less wiped out.
Fec 3 tomorrow all being well. Have to admit feeling a bit more apprehensive as it seems like the cumulative effects of chemo seem to start kicking in around number 3. Felt so much better after 2nd Fec than 1st but not convinced I will be so lucky this time. Still will be one more under my belt and half way there.
Onwards and upwards x

Slyolddog

Evening all

Sorry for my blip on Thursday. In the immortal words of chumbawamba, I get knocked down but I get up again!

Last FEC went OK, bloods all holding up, some even higher than when I started, how does that work? Mt vein however is rank, they used a diffent one near my thumb but they all connect on the other side of the arm and it hurts now. I had an extra flush of saline too but only 55mls, I think the cost comes out of the sisters pocket! I may ask about physio for this arm, I'm still doing my post op physio for the other.

hbunny - I'm sorry to hear that your third FEC has wiped you out. You've been amazing going to work through this, my boss won't let me do anything until I'm finished treatment, so I'm making the most of my two good weeks although bored sometimes. Even after taking the steroid tablets I still fall asleep so how you keep going I don't know. I really hope you pick up soon.

Cath - cake cures everything, especially two types at once. Hopefuly I'll be up to a bit of cake tomorrow, depends when I get the awful mouth taste visit me. I think you have your final FEC tomorrow, I hope it goes well for you, glad your veins are holding up.

shoes - sorry you're not well, I hope you pick up real soon.

horseslave - you've got more get up and go than I had when well! Good on you. What trouble did you have after your tax? During my chemo on Fridat the lady next to me was on tax and was also having a reduced amount due to SE's. Poor love had her PICC removed as the tax had caused blood clots on her lungs. The nurses spent ages trying to cannulate her, very difficult veins.

karen- hope your last FEC goes OK for you, jealous of your veins!

To anyone I've left out I apologise but I hope you're all holding up. This won't last forever, it just feels that way at the moment. Good luck to anyone having treatment this week and to all who are suffering SE's I hope they ease soon. Anyone who's had experience of Tax already I'd love to know how you got on with it. I know we're all different with the SE's but sometimes forwarned is forarmed.

And here's to more cake for all of us! Take care ladies. Heart

hbunny

Thanks for the good wishes Clare.  This third fec has well and truly wiped me out, down to the low white blood count probably (i knew it was going too well), so had a super charged vit k soup with all the greens and wheat grass powder to boot for lunch and now forcing a walk.  However 3 hrs sleep for two nights on the run certainly don't help! Think I might take my first day off work tomorrow.  Only on day 3 though so typical me expecting too much too soon.

Vein certainly better this time round though,so that's a positive.  Funny you should mention hiccups, they are back with a vengeance.

Horseslave, good luck with your new venture, something to focus your mind on can only be good, go for it girl!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend and for anyone having treatment this week I hope the gods are kind to you.  Hugs to all, that elephant is getting heavier, but its still being pushed up that damd hill. Xx hbunny

WP23

HI Cath

Good for you with the wine and two lots of cake!!! fabulous, like your style 🙂 Hope your bloods are good to go tomorrow x

Wendy x
sugar8

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Karen- Mine is the 10th and Wendy'sthe 1st Sept.Great that your veins are standing up to the chemo  Smiley Wink Good luck with your last Fec. onward and upwards. 

shoes-sorry you're not feeling so well. Hope you feel better today. ((Sending you hugs)).

Ruby- good luck with the Neulasta injection and wishing you minimal SEs.

Wendy- Hope our aches and pains disappear quickly after our chemo. I find exercising helps me esp. my long walks It also helps me to sleep better Smiley LOL

Cath- Thanks for the luck. Like you I find I'm energetic in the morning but tired in the afternnons so weather permitting I get  up  and go for as long a walk I can manage. I read somewhere that exercise helps to kickstart the bone marrow cells. I am all for that esp. as I am not using the injections. We shall see tomorrow if that theory works. Smiley Surprised

hbunny- Good luck with your next treatment. Hope your blood picture continues to be as normal as possible to let you continue your chemo without any hiccups.

horseslave- Congratulations and goodluck in your new business. I like your attitude. x x

Good luck to all

Clare

CathC

Shoes, sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Have the injections kicked in yet?

And how's the cough? Keeping my fingers crossed that it has and you don't end up back in hospital.

Karen2609 - did you enjoy your glass of wine last night?

I ended up having two - well mixed with lemonade - and was in bed by 9pm. Last of the party animals, huh? lol

I also ended up eating fresh cream cake, and a wickedly sinful malteser cheesecake. Yes, together, and yes, it was scrumptious, and yes, I have put on two pound overnight. *Gulp*

Good news that your veins are holding up. Here's hoping they stay that way till you have your last FEC.

Day 20 of 2nd Chemo and still feeling good. (I always hold my breath when I type that, it’s like tempting fate.) Blood tests tomorrow so gulping down beetroot juice and Manuka honey. Hopefully, that will be enough to keep the count up.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Hugs

Cath

Karen2609

Hi Ladies

Horseslave - good to hear you are doing so well, sounds like you been very busy and I envy your healthy eating. I have very good intentions but find I am eating worse since chemo began than before. Hope all goes well on Thurs.

Cath - I'm with you on enjoying last few days before chemo 3, having another glass of wine tonight while I can it will be the last for a while. The nurse said she wouldn't change my meds because of side effects of the stronger stuff, I already have Emend and another one which disolves under top lip, I was only sick once last time and didn't feel nearly as nauseous as I did the first time so not too bad. Hope the Manuka honey and beetroot juice are working for you.

Ruby - don't be too despondent about shedding hair - I lost loads around day 18 - 21 of first cycle but then it slowed down. Although it's still coming out, esp when I wash it, it's not too bad and I haven't got any bald patches yet! Hope the Neulasta injection went ok and you don't suffer too much tomorrow.

Wendy - is 10th September your last chemo? Must be a good feeling if it is, chemo def seems to be the worst part of treatment.

Shoes - sorry to hear you're not feeling too well, hopefully each day that passes you will feel a bit better. Fingers crossed for you that you do manage to stay home.

Had pre chemo blood test today and was delighted when the nurse commented on how well my veins are standing up to treatment. One more Fec to go so hopefully they will last through that before the T which should be gentler on them.

Hope everyone that had chemo on Friday is recovering well and that everyone on a 'good' week enjoys making the most of this weekend!

Hugs
Karen
shoes220

hello all not feeling to well today so just a quick note. stil got a little cough a bit sob and tired. so hoping my white cell injections that i start today work and i can stay at home. love to you all hope to feel like taking notes tomorrow so i can reply to all.

CathC

Hi Ruby - wishing you luck for your Neulasta injection. Here's hoping the painkillers kick in this time.

Hugs

Cath

WP23

HI Sugar 8

Yes I have a bad shoulder and the treatment is definitely making that feel worse. 10th September, brilliant, we are nearly there 🙂
ruby44

Morning all

Day 2 after 2nd TC & H. Feeling fine but not looking forward to tomorro as have to give myself the Neulasta injection at 4pm today and that's what seemed to give me all the trouble least time. Advice from hospital is just to double up on the painkillers so I'm already dosing up to be ready for when it kicks in. I refuse to spend nearlty a week in bed like I did last cycle.

I'm putting off washing my hair because I just know what's going to happen and I'm trying to delay the inevitable. Don't think I'm in the 20% that it works for !!! Shedding so much already.

Sorry I don't have time to reply to individual messages but just want to pass on hugs and encouragement to everyone. It won't be long till a September thread appears and that means we'll be the 'old girls'!!!

Love Ruby
CathC

Hi Clare - Congrats on being 3/4 of the way through your TC and Herceptin. Won't be long now before you're done with your chemo. Whoo-hoo!

I was hoping to get away this year too, but, like you, that's not to be. Looking forward to 2015 and some kind of normality.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Wendy - so glad your doc gave your new anitsickness tabs. Hopefully, they'll work for your next bout.

The 1st of September will be here before you know it.

Shoes - glad your 2nd FEC went well. How's the cough now? Must be hard dealing with emphysema and chemo at the same time.

Good for hubby getting you a hub for the hospital. When I was in all I had was my phone and the screen was too tiny to do much writing - or reading for that matter. lol

hbunny - Yay! for making it through FEC 3.

I'm still using Manuka honey and beetroot juice - disgusting stuff! - but have no idea if they're working or not. Have blood tests on Monday, so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the steroids. Stay well.

Karen2609 - good luck for Monday. Hope your bloods go well today.

Do mention your nausea again to the nurses. Did they give any reason why they're reluctant to change your meds?

Horseslave - glad to hear you're enjoying your SE free days. Good luck for next Thursday.

And starting a new business! Wow! You put the rest of us to shame. Really hope it goes well for you. Keep eating all those fresh vegetables and stay active.

Also brilliant news re the nasty nurse. Glad to hear her contract won't be renewed. What a horrible person.

Day 19 of 2nd Chemo and still feeling fine. Have lots of energy early morning, but by lunchtime it’s lights out. Maybe I’m part bear and hibernating through my chemo. Lol.

I plan to enjoy the next couple of days before chemo 3. I may even indulge in a glass of wine this evening.

Hope all the July ladies have a SE-free weekend.

Hugs

Cath

Horseslave

Morning everyone! Enjoying my chemo SE free days, blasting me again next Thursday 😞
Been soooo busy! Set up my animal portrait business and started taking orders! Figured out how to create a page on fb, now need to work out how to do a simple web page?
Doing something new and different really helps take your mind off the illness and process we are going through. I have found myself becoming bored thinking about and dwelling on the disease and treatment. I am not letting it define who I am!
Absolutely shattered today, we went to Equifest horseshow yesterday. My daughter competed and did really well despite thinking sidesaddle is poo poo. She had a face like thunder lol.
Had oncology appointment Thursday. She was lovely and very sympathetic about that ghastly nurse we had last time, seems we were not the only ones complaining and nasty agency nurse will not be having her contract renewed! I hope that nurse never has to have chemo and be treated as badly as she treated me last chemo, but then karma does have a way of catching up on you in life.
My blood again has bounced back, incredibly robust she said! I think its all the fresh veg my son grows - potatoes , courgettes and beans are our staple diet! Also, as soon as my chemo wears off, i am very active, feeding chickens, mucking out pony, walking..does this help?
I will again receive a smaller dose of tax chemo next round as oncologist says the level of terrible SE. I get needs reducing. I'm only little.....
Good luck to everyone, chin up and eat well xxxxxx
Karen2609

Hi Ladies
Slyolddog - belated Happy Birthday, I hope your day was as good as it could be and that you enjoyed your pizza with your family. As you say pizza is always good. Being the school holidays we are having lots if takeaways and meals out at the moment! Hope your chemo went well today, last Fec done😀 and halfway through
hbunny - halfway through and last Fec done for you too, woohoo must be a good feeling, hope SE's ok. I tried Manuka honey before my last chemo but bloods still borderline so I haven't bothered anymore, have another blood test tomorrow ahead of Mondays chemo so I'll have to see if it makes a difference. Enjoy your bath and rest up.
Ruby- I think you made the right decision to stay home but it will be so hard for you. As you say an emotional week ahead for you, sending you big hugs. We are not having a holiday this year, hopefully make up for it next year all being well although if I haven't had reconstruction by then we will have to go somewhere very private. Hope your chemo went ok today and that you continue to have no probs with side effects - another one under your belt.
Clare - good luck for Wednesday, hope your bloods will be ok, good idea to sleep when you need, I'm glad in some ways that chemo is over the school holidays, at least I haven't got to worry about getting up early and kids to school. Been sleeping in, or at least staying in bed until about 8.30 most mornings so if I am awake during the night it doesn't seem so bad. It's great that you are 3/4 of way through already must be a good feeling.
Wendy - sorry to hear you're feeling nauseous, I've been sick after both cycles so far my onc has told me to mention it to chemo nurse but when I did last time they were reluctant to change my meds. Hope you are feeling better now.
Cath - glad you are still feeling ok, like you my veins are tender rather than sore. Hope you have a good weekend ahead of next weeks treatment. Duvet days are always good, I'm getting through so many books at the moment, nice to escape for a while. As you say, the diet is for after.
Shoes - glad your 2nd Fec went ok but sorry to hear about your cough and possible re admittance. Keeping everything crossed for you but at least you know that you will be taken good care of if you do have to go on antibiotic drip.
Sorry if I've left anyone out but hope everyone has a pleasant, side effect free weekend.
Day 21 of 2nd Fec and feeling good. I haven't lost as much hair as I did on 1st cycle although it is thinning. It looks a frizzy mess but at least I can stick on a hat on my wig if going out. Going to have a glass of red whilst watching the Bake Off later as I might as well make the most of an extra chemo free weekend!
Love to all, Karen
sugar8

Shoes and hbunny
You seem to be getting some problems.Fingers crossed you don't get hospitalized. Tried Manuka honey for a while but don't really know if it worked.

Take care both of you x x
Clare (sugar8)