cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

@Karen2609 wrote:
Hiya Cath, just had to let you know my hubby has just finished your book. He read it in 3 days and really enjoyed it too!!

Hugs
Karen

Hi Karen,

That's fab news. I keep thinking people are only saying they liked the book to be nice. But your hubs doesn't know me so he must like it. *Does happy dance.* You've both made my day! 🙂

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hiya Cath, just had to let you know my hubby has just finished your book. He read it in 3 days and really enjoyed it too!!

Hugs
Karen
Highlighted

@Karen2609 wrote:
Hi Ladies, hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

Sobering news about Linda Nolan, must be the thing we all dread the most. After that amount of time it must be such a shock.

Take care all

Hugs

Karen x

Hi Karen,

Just saw the news about Linda Nolan in the paper today. As you say, such a shock. And a reminder to us all never to take what we have for granted.

Enjoy every moment ladies.

Hugs to all the July ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

Sobering news about Linda Nolan, must be the thing we all dread the most. After that amount of time it must be such a shock.

Take care all

Hugs

Karen x
Highlighted

Clare - just the thought of study days makes my head hurt. I'm too long out of school to go back to that. lol

Gill - I wouldn't call myself a professional writer. lol. Still seems strange to see my name on my book. Yeah, I mention my family in the beginning of the book - without them, as we all know, we'd be nowhere. So glad you enjoyed the book and thanks a million for the review. Yours was the very first review I received.

Fab news on getting your plaster off. Here's hoping the x-ray goes well on the 18th. Back to independence, huh?

Karen - delighted you enjoyed the book. Am so nervous waiting to hear what people think - although it's a bit late to change anything now. lol

I would love it if you'd write a review. So few readers do, and it's so important for an author - and other readers.

Much appreciated.

Weather is still gorgeous here. It's so nice to see the sun shining and people out and about. Hubs and I are off swimming in a minute and while I'm dreading it, I know I'll enjoy it once I get there.

Onwards and upwards ladies.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Clare.It was surgery to correct last year's fracture.It's so much better already .Whoopee.xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies, hope you are all having a lovely Mother's Day.

Clare, hope you have a lovely birthday and enjoy your meal. I don't think I could cope with training days anymore, my memory is awful .
Glad to hear that your wrist is continuing to heal well, Gill. Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon.
Cath, I finished your book- Wow - it was really good. I enjoyed it so much and do envy your writing talent, must be lovely. I shall write a review on Amazon for you.
Have a lovely week
Karen x
Highlighted

Happy Mother's Day ladies. Hope you were all spoilt rotten today.
Gill your wrist took a long time to heal?? or was it a new fracture?
Take care
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Cath.. It was interesting to read about you and your family not sure if end or beginning of book.Use kindle all the time now but love holding a book and find it easier to look back or recap.

Being a professional writer explains why you are our main corresponder and keeps us blogging.

Love it .thank you xx

Kitchens are so disruptive to whole house but sounds nearly there then you can enjoy it.

Clare I find study/training days tiring .lots of information,sitting all day .it's exhausting.!!

Had plaster off this week so relieved. Wounds healing well,wrist area tender and bit stiff but otherwise good .

Now planning return to work,just need to be careful till x Ray on 18th to ensure new bone formation.This means no Labour/ birth ..Drove short distance today and felt ok .Whoopee can go places by myself.

HOPE everybody was able to enjoy some of the beautiful sunshine today .

Hugs Gill xx

Highlighted

his Cath. The study days I attend are to keep me updated as per RCM rules. We need to do at least 5 in 3 years.

Nothing spectacular planned for my bday. but maybe we will go out for our usual meal.
x x
Clare
Highlighted

Clare - as far as I know sis will be having rads, too. She sees her oncologist next week so should know more then.

I think we all developed a strong sense of positivity throughout our cancer journey. As you said, it's the only way to move forward.

What are you studying? (Sorry, maybe you already told me and I've forgottenSmiley Embarassed ) And happy birthday for April. You anything nice planned for it?

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

yes really awful news yesterday in Westminster. My thoughts are with all affected. Glad ladies on thread are OK. Karen Cath Gill and Karen.
Cath. So glad sis 2nd op went well . Is she going to have radiotherapy also after chemo?

So sorry bout your sense of smell. I remember you mentioned it ages ago and thought it would return. Glad to see you are so positive about life. It really is the only way to be after CA.
I am fine thanks ladies. Back to reality and worked on Monday and went to a study day on Tuesday which left me feeling quite tired. Maybe it's my age eh? Approaching 61 in April
take care
love
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Karen,

Heard about the Westminster attack here, too. Awful. Didn't settle until I'd heard from my brother, who lives in London. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

Glad to hear the kitchen refurb is going okay - even if slowly. And excited to know you're still enjoying the book. Phew! Still feels odd to know people are reading it.

It's a bitterly cold day here this morning. I'm up early as we're minding our granddaughter. Can't wait! 🙂

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath and Clare, the kitchen is going slowly. Waiting for plaster to dry before it can continue!
Glad your sister is feeling positive, Cath. I've nearly finished the book (still engrossed)!
Clare have you settled back to normal yet after your trip?
Awful day today, I was at work when we had a call about the Westminster attack, luckily we weren't put into lockdown. Thoughts and prayers with the dead and injured and their families x
Highlighted

Gill - thanks so much for the review. You're an absolute star. Hugs. And I'm with Clare, you're a speedy reader. lol

Totally forgot about your kitchen renovation, Karen. How's it going? Are you ready to tear your hair out yet?

Clare - great to hear from you. How's things going with you? You settled back home now?

In answer to your question, they say my sense of smell will never come back. Without it, I can't taste, except to know when things are sweet/sour/salty etc. They gave me a brain scan in case it was something more sinister and it came back clear so I'm not going to complain too much about not being able to smell/taste.

On the good news side, sis got her results from 2nd op and all is good. She's getting all her scans now in prep for chemo - meets oncologist next week so she should have a date then.

So far, she's remaining positive and upbeat, which as we all know, is half the battle.

Hugs to all the July ladies.

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Karen how the work progressing in your kitchen?
Hope you r managing to eat well in spite of. lol.

Cath shame about your taste buds or lack of. Will your sense of taste ever revert back to normal?

Gill you are a fast reader.

Have a great day ladies

love
Clare
Highlighted

@lilac55 wrote:

Hi Cath. Will definitely write a review.

Hi to all July ladies xx

Thanks, Gill.Heart

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath. Will definitely write a review.

Hi to all July ladies xx

Highlighted

@lilac55 wrote:

Hi Cath .I have finished reading your book .Brilliant,just loved the story really drew me in so wanted to keep reading till the end . Well done.HOPE it is a great success.I look forward to your next one.Gill xx

You've finished already! Wow, you're a quick reader, Gill. So delighted you liked it.:-)

Hate to ask, but would you be up for posting a review on Amazon? You wouldn't need to say anything more than what you have put in your post.

It's a wet and miserable day here. Good job I've a duvet day planned. 🙂

Hugs too all the July ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath .I have finished reading your book .Brilliant,just loved the story really drew me in so wanted to keep reading till the end . Well done.HOPE it is a great success.I look forward to your next one.Gill xx

Highlighted

@Karen2609 wrote:
Of course, you used to have Chinese after every chemo didn't you? I remember being amazed as I was always as sick as a dog after FEC, despite the anti sickness drugs.
Hope you are having a great St Patrick's Day

Xx

Had a very quiet St Patrick's day. And yup, still love Chinese. Still can't taste it, but I persevere. lol

Highlighted

Of course, you used to have Chinese after every chemo didn't you? I remember being amazed as I was always as sick as a dog after FEC, despite the anti sickness drugs.
Hope you are having a great St Patrick's Day

Xx
Highlighted

@Karen2609 wrote:
Not horrible at all, Cath. It must bring it all back for you. I know that chemo is a different journey for everyone, as we saw on our own thread, but at least she can see that you came through it and are thriving now!
Lots of cake, as I remember xx

Oooh cake! I remember it well. lol. Still eating lots of cake - my one vice. Well, that and Chinese food. Yum

It may be two years ago now, but I still have that drive to live life to the full. Cancer definitely gives you new perspective on the world.

Onward and upwards, ladies. 😘

Cath

Highlighted

Not horrible at all, Cath. It must bring it all back for you. I know that chemo is a different journey for everyone, as we saw on our own thread, but at least she can see that you came through it and are thriving now!
Lots of cake, as I remember xx
Highlighted

@Karen2609 wrote:
Thanks Clare and Cath for your good wishes re the kitchen, I could quite happily fast forward the next couple of weeks!
Clare hope you had a good journey and are happily ensconced at home now!
How's your sister doing, Cath?

Xx

Karen - Sorry I don't have a magic fast-forward remote control. There's nothing worse than remodeling a kitchen - it's the heart of a house - but there's also nothing better than a remodeled kitchen. LOL. It's gonna be so worth it. Stick with it.

Thanks for asking after my sis. She's doing well. Says the second op was a lot easier than the first. Appointments have been made for her cardio, liver...etc scans before starting chemo. But she's staying positive.

Weird thing is,  she asked me about the scans and I'd totally forgotten! I feel sometimes our minds shut this stuff off.

Is is horrible to be glad I'm on this side of her journey? 😞

Highlighted

Thanks Clare and Cath for your good wishes re the kitchen, I could quite happily fast forward the next couple of weeks!
Clare hope you had a good journey and are happily ensconced at home now!
How's your sister doing, Cath?

Xx
Highlighted

Thanks Cath. x x
Highlighted

Clare-safe journey back to the UK.
Highlighted

Karen Hope your kitchen gets its makeover quickly and smoothly. It's the worse room to renovate. So inconvenienthat LOL
Clare x x
Highlighted

Cathy. Just puchased my copy from Amazon. Will receive it in a couple days.

Will give you feed back ASAP
Home to UK tonight. Can't wait. Miss my family Inc the dog
love
Clare
Highlighted

@Karen2609 wrote:
More than happy to write an Amazon review for you as soon as I've finished it, Cath. I'm not going to have as much chance to read over next week or so as having kitchen gutted on Saturday but I haven't cleared it yet...and have no idea where to put everything.
As soon as I've finished reading and posted the review I'll let you know but well done again, it's a cracking read 👏👏

Thanks, Karen. Heart

Good luck with the kitchen gutting - and finding a place to put everything! lol

Sorry to hijack this thread, ladies. Back to BC stuff.

Cath

Highlighted

More than happy to write an Amazon review for you as soon as I've finished it, Cath. I'm not going to have as much chance to read over next week or so as having kitchen gutted on Saturday but I haven't cleared it yet...and have no idea where to put everything.
As soon as I've finished reading and posted the review I'll let you know but well done again, it's a cracking read 👏👏
Highlighted

@Karen2609 wrote:
Loving the book, Cath. I was so engrossed in reading it on the tube this morning that I missed my stop!!
Xx

Oh my goodness! Yours is the first feedback I've had. (Well,my brother has read a few chapters and says he's enjoying it, but family- they have to tell you that.)

Delighted you're enjoying it, Karen. If you like the book, and you don't mind when you're finished, would you put a review up on Amazon for me - if you bought it there, that is. No pressure if you don't want to. Just excited that you like it. *Does happy dance*

Edited to add: Sent you a PM Karen. I finally figured out how to to it.

Highlighted

Loving the book, Cath. I was so engrossed in reading it on the tube this morning that I missed my stop!!
Xx
Highlighted

Clare - thanks for the congrats. Enjoy your trip.

Slyolddog - There's not a lot of gunk going in, but enough that she won't get it out today. She's disappointed, but just glad to be home.

I had to laugh when she said she hung the bag on her bedpost last night. it sounded rather...kinky. lol. Luckily she thought that was funny, too.

The print book came out yesterday. It's available on Amazon here - amzn.to/2nlu4WZ - or 20% off on the publisher's site here - bit.ly/2nbtjAn - although, it will be shipped from the USA so will take a while.

Hope all the other July ladies are doing well.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath, glad to hear your sister's home and the op went well. I also had a drain in for a week and was shown how to change the container. They take them out in less than a week, it depends how much gunk you put in it! Mine was there the full week, I'd probably still be filling it now if they hadn't taken it out! The hospital gave me a little bag to put it in while I was up and about.

When did you say your book comes out in print, I'm old school and like turning pages. Can't wait to read it. 📖
Highlighted

HI Cath congrats on publication of your book. Exciting for you and I am so pleased for you. Will order copy when I return.
Glad your sister is doing well and hope she has the drain out soon. Fingers crossed re results.
love
Clare
Highlighted

@lilac55 wrote:

Hi Cath. 

Pleased to hear sister ok . I had a drain for a week.was pain in butt!!! Had a little shoulder bag to carry it in .

Just about to download your book . Exciting.

I tried to PM again and didn't work . How I did it before is a mystery so not you.?

Must go as book to buy xx

Hi Lilac,

A week! My sis is convinced she's getting hers out tomorrow, but it's the weekend so I doubt it will happen. A shoulder bag sounds like a good idea. I must mention it to her. Thanks.

And thanks for downloading the book, much appreciated. But I do hope you all don't think you have to download it? I just wanted to share my news as it was something I was working on when I wasn't well - seemed right to share it with you all.

Glad to know I'm not the only PM dunce. lol

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Thanks for the update on your sister, I'm glad that the op went well and that she is home. I always felt better being home and sure I recovered better. I think the drain is another example of different trusts having different practices as I was never allowed home until all drains were out, although I know it was different for other ladies.
I really feel for her at the moment, as you say waiting for results is the worst part, at least when you know what you have to contend with you can start to plan for treatment. Must also be hard for you as you know what she is going through.
Sending you both much love xx
Highlighted

Hi Cath. 

Pleased to hear sister ok . I had a drain for a week.was pain in butt!!! Had a little shoulder bag to carry it in .

Just about to download your book . Exciting.

I tried to PM again and didn't work . How I did it before is a mystery so not you.?

Must go as book to buy xx

Highlighted

Oh, forgot to update you on my sister.

She had her op yesterday and all went well. She got home today, although still has the drain in. I never had a drain so I'm not sure if that's a standard thing, or not?

Guessing she will get her results in a few weeks. Waiting really has to be one of the worst parts of this cancer journey. 😞

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Thanks for downloading it, Karen. I really hope you enjoy it.

Getting nervous now that people are actually reading it!

Highlighted

Congratulations Cath, I've just downloaded your book onto my kindle. Just got to finish off my current book but really looking forward to starting Where There's Smoke....sounds like the sort of book I'll enjoy!!

Xx
Highlighted

Hi July ladies,

more blatant self-promotion. Today is publication day for my book Where There's Smoke. I'm kinda excited - and terrified. For so long writing was something I did to make sense of the noise in my head. Now it's out there...in the big bad world!

No pressure to buy, ladies. Just wanted to share this achievement with you. But if you're interested in a copy here's the links:

Amazon.com - amzn.to/2ncJoWH
Amazon.uk - amzn.to/2nlu4WZ
Fireborn Publishing
e-book - bit.ly/2n4CS7F
Print book - bit.ly/2nbtjAn
Createspace - bit.ly/2nk1Gof
Kobo - bit.ly/2nkd9nD
Smashworlds - bit.ly/2njS6S0
Barnes & Noble - bit.ly/2m4OGl8
Bookstrand - bit.ly/2nb4G74

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

@lilac55 wrote:

Hi Cath just logged on. Sorry to hear sister going back for 2nd operation.HOPE they crackers margins this time .I am sure you will be great support for her but also bring back to the surface your own journey .Give her our love and draw strength from us .xx

To PM tap on persons name at side of their blog and then it will give you some options on the right side of page ans one is to send PM ..

Gill x

Hi Gill

Thanks for the good wishes for my sister. And yes, it's brought a lot of stuff back for me. As awful as it sounds, I'm just glad it's not me going through it this time.

As for PM'ing...I'm must be a dunce. To test, I clicked on your name, but all I get is a page showing your posts and a contact me logo that does nothing. 😞

Highlighted

Hi Cath just logged on. Sorry to hear sister going back for 2nd operation.HOPE they crackers margins this time .I am sure you will be great support for her but also bring back to the surface your own journey .Give her our love and draw strength from us .xx

To PM tap on persons name at side of their blog and then it will give you some options on the right side of page ans one is to send PM ..

Gill x

Highlighted

Highlighted

Thanks for all the good thoughts, Sylvia, Clare and Karen.

I'm meeting my sister today - think she just needs to chat to someone who's been there.

Candyfloss- hope your appointment goes well today.

Hugs to all

Cath

Highlighted

Cath, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's results. I'm glad she doesn't have long to wait for her second Op and it's good that she has strong support from her family. As Clare said, you being there for her having been through the Op and chemo yourself, and coming out the other side so positively will hopefully help.
Please give your sister all our best, thoughts and prayers with you all
Big hugs
Karen xx
Highlighted

so sorry to hear bout your sister ''s result Cath. I can truly emphasise as like I mentioned it happened to me.
It''s a relief that the further excision op is soon so she doesn't have to worry about next op for too long. Wish her all the best.
Good to hear from you Gill

take care
love
Clare