359997posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Julie - I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. *Hugs* My dad suffered from alzheimers for 10 years before he died so I know the struggles you must have faced as a family. In the end, it was a blessing when he passed. Much as I miss my dad i would never wish him back to that horror.

Good luck for your mamo on the 19th.

No choccies, or Easter dinner for hubs and me this year. We've both been hit by a stomach bug. This is the first time I've been able to get out of bed since Thurs. On the bright side: I've lost 5llb in weight. Dark side: Guessing it will be toast for dinner. lol

Happy Easter July ladies

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Thanks Gill and Clare xx

Yes, Happy Easter to you all! Hope everyone has a good one with at least some decent weather and lots of choccies! 🙂

Julie

xxx

Highlighted

So sorry to hear about your mum's death and your struggles with family Julie. Such a major struggle to deal with. Glad you had a well deserved relaxIng holiday. Fingers crossed for mammogram when the time comes.

Have a Happy Easter ladies
Love
Clare
Highlighted

Lovely to hear from you Julie.Sorry o hear that your mum has died. My mum had dementia and it was a difficult time for us.Also the family stress and juggling. Pleased to hear you have had a relaxing holiday.

HOPE your mammogram results are positive. 4 years.wow

We are all waiting for Cath new book ( no pressure Cath) 

Today we have had a sunny day and feels like spring is here but doesn't last . Sadly 

Happy Easter to everyone. 

Gill xx

Highlighted

Hi Ladies - long time no speak although I think of you all often. Have just dropped in to have a little catch-up and it's lovely to see so many of you doing so well.

Cath - go you with your second book! Hope you'll still remember us all when you're as big as JK Rowling lol xx

Clare - well done on your 10K! Your time sounds absolutely amazing to me - a true inspiration xx

Karen - glad you had a lovely time in Rome. That's one of the places we visited on our Med cruise last Easter & would love to go back to spend more time there xx

Gill - Congrats on your mammo results 😄 - my appointment has just come through for 19th April so I guess we'll all be going through that 'wanting to get checked but being anxious about possible results' time round about now xx

Well, I've not had a great start to the year so far - my lovely mum was taken poorly just after my birthday in January and sadly passed away 10 days later. She had been in a care home for four and a half years with Alzheimer's, which was very advanced so hospital was a difficult place for her to be but she got sepsis, pneumonia & various other complications. In the end, it was quite a relief to know she would be in no more pain and at least I got to be with her when she passed away peacefully.  My husband and I have also had some family stress and have really been feeling the 'sandwich' trap between caring for our elderly parents and coping with a teenager!  Anyway, enough of the negative stuff - we have just had a lovely week's holiday in Gran Canaria which was very relaxing and we have another holiday booked for June to go to Madagascar, which I'm very excited about!!

We just need Spring to be properly sprung now - I love this time of year, with the anticipation of brighter days to come (even though they don't always turn up quite as much as I would hope!).

Hugs to all the July ladies,

Julie 

xxx

Highlighted

Thank you Cath, Karen and Gill

Clare
Highlighted

Well done Clare, I think that’s fantastic xx
Highlighted

Well done Clare. Seems amazing time to me xx

Highlighted

@sugar8wrote:

Cath. I Did OK 1:07 but was aiming for 1:01. The course seemed longer than 10K . lol

Enjoy your week ladies
Clare.

Clare - I guess every second counts, but I think 1:07 is a brilliant time. Well done you.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Gill. Great news about the results.

Cath. I Did OK 1:07 but was aiming for 1:01. The course seemed longer than 10K . lol

Enjoy your week ladies
Clare.
Highlighted

Gill - great news on the results. Glad they finally arrived.

Clare - hope the 10K run went well.

Hugs to all the July ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Clare what a beautiful day to run your 10 k.HOPE you get the time you are hoping for or faster.

Letter arrived yesterday. Mammogram all clear. Thankfully ..

Am looking forward to enjoying the sun today .maybe a walk across the beach. .

Love and best wishes to all July ladies. .We seem to have a small group of regulars.xx

Highlighted

Hi Cath and Clare, the weather is lovely after last week isn’t it, definitely going to make the most of it before the Easter cold spell. I thought I loved snow but am fed up with it now!!
Love to all the July ladies
Highlighted

Hi Karen. I didn't do any running but loved keep fit esp classes like Zumba. I was inspired to run by my son who runs marathon and my dog walking got me kickstarted.
Thanks Cath.
The weather is lovely this week then cold again so enjoy it to the fullest July 14 ladies.
love
Clare.
Highlighted

Hi Karen,

Rome is gorgeous, isn't it? We only had a few hours there on our cruise, but we'd love to go back one day. Definitely go see Pompeii - it was fascinating, and well worth a visit.

Clare - good luck for the 10K on Sunday. You really are amazing, the way you've stepped up your training and times.

It's actually a nice day here this morning, after all the rain of the last few days. Time to get caught up with all the laundry. 🙂

Hugs to all the July ladies

Cath

Highlighted

That’s amazing Clare, I don’t know how you do it. Good luck with the training, I didn’t even know there was a marathon season😊. Did you do any running before BC? I can’t run at all but intend to step up my walking, I don’t really do enough. It’s really inspiring to hear about your achievements, well done
Love Karen
Highlighted

Hi Karen. Rome is such a lovely place . great architecture. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.
My Marathon in on 16th Sept but still training had. It is a long difficult process at my age. lol.
Doing another Run fest 10k on Sunday. Hooe you knick dome time off from the last one then straight to train for half marathon. Starting serious marathon training in Early May as advised by my son.
We shall see.
love
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Gill, it’s probably no consolation but I had to wait 6 weeks once for my mammogram results, when I spoke to my BC nurse she did say that if there was any problems they would be in touch much sooner. Fingers crossed you get good news soon.
How’s your running going Clare? Have you done the Berlin marathon yet? It’s amazing how much you have achieved, you must feel very proud.
Hope the writing’s going well, Cath. No pressure at all from us all asking about your new book. Have you had any luck finding a new publisher?
Hope you are keeping well, Sylvia, glad the weather has warmed up a bit at the moment.
My husband and I are just back from a lovely few days in Rome, such a beautiful city with so much to see. Both really want to go back someday soon and maybe include a trip to Pompeii too.
Hugs to all, enjoy the sunshine while it lasts x
Highlighted

Gill - Can't believe you're still waiting for your results. Not surprised you're anxious, but as Clare says, no news is usually good news. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that they arrive soon.

Clare - good to hear your plantar fasciitis is better and congrats on doing so well with your training. Keep on running!

Book is still progressing, no word of publication yet, but then I haven't submitted it anywhere. Maybe by the end of the year?

Hello to all the July ladies. Hope you're all doing well.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Cath
My planter fasciitis is better now thanks so continuing my training. Such hard work
Berlin marathon is on Sept 16th. Feeling excited inspite of the hard work.
Hope your 2nd book is progressing well.
Love
Clare
Highlighted

Oh Gill. Anxiety after such a long wait is understandable. Maybe focus on the old saying that no news is good news?? But really it''s such a bummer how the NHS is declining. Wish I had paid for private care policy all these years ago.
I really hope you get your results soon.
Hello to everyone else. Hope you are all fine

love
Clare
Highlighted

Morning Cath,Clare ,Karen ,Sylvia and any other July ladies.

I am still waiting for mammogram results. Should have been 3 weeks but there is a delay due to holidays and sickness. Have been fine about it until last night and now anxiety has set in..

Just needed to tell someone. 

HOPE you are all ok. ?

Gill xx

Highlighted

it's so lovely to hear from so many of the July ladies and to know you're all doing well.

Karen - glad your surgeon's appointment went well. Hope you enjoyed your daughter's birthday meal. It's lovely when they come home from college, isn't it?

Gill - walking and keep fit - go you! How are you finding them? It's good to get out with other people and staying active is so important as we...mature. lol

Sylvia - had to laugh at your sentence "The waiting is worse than the squeezing." lol

I think I'm last to have my 'squeezing' so hopefully, all you ladies will have the all-clear before that.

Clare - planter fasciitis - Ouch! I've had that a few times and it's very painful. Hope it's better before your marathon. When are you off to Berlin?

Thanks for all the kind words about my old, and new book. The new book probably won't be out for a while yet. I'm not sure I'm going to stick with the publisher I have now, so it's back to the agent/publisher hunt again. *Sigh*

Stay warm, ladies

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Gill, Cath, Karen and Sylvie.. Hope you are feeling well and coping with the icy weather.
I am fine. Just resting my planter fasciitis for another week before continuing my training for my Berlin marathon
love
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Gill

Hope you get your results soon, the waiting is worse than the squeezing! It’s that time of year when we’ll all be having our checks, here’s hoping to another good year if results for us all.

The beast from the east has arrived here, only flurries of snow so far but very cold. Can’t wait for the warmer weather.

I hope everyone’s feeling well and just getting on with life, it was very quiet on here for a while.

And Cath, get that book finished! Xx
Highlighted

Thanks for good wishes re mammogram results xxx

Retirement is great .Have become a social animal catching up with friends . Joined a walking for health group and keep fit class for more mature people!!!

Husbands retirement will be new phase of our life !! Dave works only nights now so will be easy when that stops as quiet restricting.

Keep warm everyone as this cold spell sweeps across us . Xx

Highlighted

Hi Gill, hope you get your results soon, as Clare said the waiting is always the worst part.
I had surgeon appointment last week, all ok thankfully so not due back again until next year.
Absolutely freezing here, my eldest is home from Uni so off out tonight for a meal for her birthday. I’m going to be wrapped up in loads of layers!!
I’m looking forward to your book too, Cath, really enjoyed the last one.
Any more runs coming up Clare?
Take care all xx
Highlighted

Hi Gil,

Keeping my fingers crossed for your mamo results. We all know well the worries of waiting for those.

Oooh, hubs retiring. That is gonna be...different. lol You have the right plan - put him to work, keep him out of mischief. lol

The book is going well, Gill, thanks for asking. People who read it, seem to like it. Here's hoping you do too.

Clare - great to hear from you. Weather has been lovely here, too. Cold, but gorgeous. Spring seems to have come early because snowdrops and daffodils are already appearing.

Hope all the July ladies are doing well

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Gill Waiting for results is always worrying esp after our experience. Fingers crossed really mammogram results. Yes we have had lovely weather but cold spell returning next week.
You must be looking forward to hubby retiring.
Hope u are enjoying yours.

Take care
Clare
Highlighted

Hi July ladies.

I hope everyone is enjoying some dry sunny weather after weeks of rain.It feels that spring is coming then summer . 

I had my mammogram yesterday 3 months earlier than original diagnosis but last year I felt a change in breast so it's 12 months . I decided though that next year will wait till May . Now the 3 week wait begins.

I hope you have all kept well this winter .thankfully I have .

My husband retires in 2 months so that will be a new challenge .!!! I have a list of jobs mainly in the garden just need dry weather .

Cath how is the book going ? Looking forward to reading it .

Hugs to everyone 

Gill xx

Highlighted

Hi Clare,

I feel awful saying I'm not entirely sure how my sister gets her Herceptin. I think it's via a drip. She has talked to the nurses, and they are helping. She did so well through chemo and rads but now it's like this has knocked her for six.

Gill - I shall point her in the direction of this website. Thanks for the tip.

She now has a rash covering her whole body - it started on her boob, which freaked her out and rightly so. She's on strong anti-histamines, which I'm hoping will clear it up. But she's in full panic mode.

Just seems so unfair. I thought the chemo and rads were the hard part. 😞

It's a horrible morning here. Windy and rainy. I think the dog is going to get a very quick walk today. lol

Stay warm July ladies

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Oh Cath your sister is having such a difficult time with her treatment.There may be some advice on this website.I use to search side effects etc .there is also a helpline she could contact ..I phoned them once for some advice.

Big hugs to you both .Gill xx

Highlighted

I was on Herceptin injections for 19 months and fortunately just some muscular pains and reduced heart functions but felt well so sorry I can't be of any help Cath.
Has your sister spoken to the oncology nurse. I always found them more useful and more supportive than the doctors.
How many more treatments has she got and is she having it by drip or injection?
Big hug to you both
Clare
Highlighted

Julie - the second I so much as think the word 'diet' I get hungry. (Usually for chocolate. lol) So now I don't bother. I shall try and eat healthier this year, though.

Any July ladies who were on Herceptin have any tips for coping with the side-effects? My sister is having a tough time with it at the minute. 

Hugs to all

Cath

Highlighted

Cath - glad to see you're not going to bother with the diet this year - lol xx

Wishing all the July 2014 ladies a very happy and healthy 2018.

Julie

xx

Highlighted

Karen - hope your hubby had a great birthday.

Clare - yes, son's 21st was great fun. Lots of visitors, lots of presents and lots of cake - what could be better. 🙂

It's great to see so many ladies checking in.

Here's to 2019 (and starting that blasted diet. lol)

Hugs to all the July Ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Happy New Year 2018 everyone. May it be a healthy and prosperous one.

Cath bet your son's 21st was great fun and enjoyable.
love
Clare.

Highlighted

Wishing all july 14 ladies a very happy and healthy 2018.

Hugs Gillxx

Highlighted

Happy 50th to your hubby too Karen

xxx

Highlighted

Wishing all the lovely July ladies a very happy & healthy New Year! Happy 21st to your son too Cath.

Hugs to all,

Julie

xxx

Highlighted

Wishing all July ladies a very happy and healthy New Year 🥂
Hope your son has a great 21st Birthday, Cath, it’s my hubby’s 50th today so we are going out for a family meal tomorrow
Love to all xx
Highlighted

Happy New Year to all, I hope you have a wonderful 2018 with no high drama. (Unless you want it!)

And happy 21st to your son Cath.

🍾🍾🎊🎉
Highlighted

Clare - I'm so glad Christmas went well for you. And good for you doing a park run on Christmas Day. I did little more than eat my body weight in food and chocolate on Christmas Day so you put me to shame. 🙂

Tomorrow (New Year's Day) is my son's 21st birthday. Can't believe how quickly that time has gone! So we shall have a double celebration tonight.

Wishing all the July ladies A Happy & Peaceful New Year.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Gill glad you're enjoying the freedom of not working. I made my decision to stop working as a bank M/W by July next year. Can't face revalidation lol
Great to have 4 grandchildren at once. Bet they.kept you on your toes. That's what I need...a grandchild.

Take care
Clare
Highlighted

Hi ladies. Hope you all has a Merry Christmas and lots of fun with the family . Thanks for your encouragements Cath & Gill. Christmas turned out fine after all We Put a few decorations up on The eve and Hubby cooked the Xmas dinner with some help from me. My sons spent time with us so I was happy on the day. It was quiet, stressless and relaxing.
I felt even better after I did a park run with my son on Christmas day. I thought what madness but there were 179 mad people like me running in.Christmas gear. It was good fUn. lol
I wish you all a healthy and prosperous New Year

love
Clare
Highlighted

Happy Christmas to all the July ladies - 'least all those who celebrate it. 🎉🥂

Big Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Sorry not been on for a while, will catch up later but just wanted to wish all the July 14 ladies a very Happy Christmas 🎄🍾❤️
Highlighted

Hi Clare .Sorry you are a bit low .Christmas is strange time of year . Lots of pressure trying to please everyone..Hope your spirits lift soon.(hug)

I am good thanks loving freedom of not working .

My daughter is home from uni/ Wales on Thursday so looking forward to being able to spend time with her ( if she can fit me in ) .Am having 4 grandchildren to stay overnight on Friday ,my husband working night shift so they need to quiet in the morning !!!!! All good fun.

Love to everyone  

Gill xx

Highlighted

Hi Clare,

It's hard to get the swing of Christmas. I know I don't enjoy it until Christmas Eve, when I shut the door knowing that everything that needs to be bought is bought.

Before that, it's all pressure, shopping, and worrying about money.

Bah Humbug! Lol

It is nice, though, to have the family all sitting down together. I do like that aspect.

See. Not a complete grinch.Smiley Tongue

I hope your spirits lift soon, Clare.

Sending you, and all the July ladies, big hugs.

Cath

Highlighted

Congratulations Cath on another weddings. Good to see that your children''s life are coming together and they are settling down well. My boys are still unattached but I am being patient.
His Gill How r u?
I am well.
Have a great Christmas. I must be feeling a tad low as I can't get into the swing of things yet

Take care
Love
Clare