cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Hiya Gill,

Son's wedding venue is about 2 hours away from home. Not too bad - as long as it doesn't snow!

Hope your friend is able to grow shamrock. Lol. I have a feeling her wedding is going to be a very Irish day. 🙂

Our snow has now gone and we're back to rain. Torrential, freezing rain. Never thought I'd miss the snow. 🙂

Hugs to all the July ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Morning Cath 

At least you have a year to prepare !!!! I love weddings .Will it be near your home  ?

My friends son is getting  married on st Patrick's day at a.venue  called the Green.Her family are from Mayo.she is trying to grow shamrock for them.no pressure!!!

No snow here in Cornwall but a bit old.

Gill xx

Highlighted

I can't believe how quickly Christmas has come around. I'm so not ready for it this year and still playing catch-up. 😞

Oldest has just informed me that they've set a date for their wedding - 17th Dec 2018! So if this year is stressful, I'm guessing next year will be doubly so. lol

Snowing here and very cold. Here's hoping all the July ladies are staying warm (with or without chocolate) 🙂

Hugs

Cathy

Highlighted

Hi Girls

Good to see you all can curl up and enjoy a warm fire and chocolates Smiley Happy. yummy and why not eh?

Cath so sorry your sister is getting joint pains  and losing  nails. Poor girl so distressing for her. I too got joint and muscle pains but they disappeared soon after stopping treatment. 

Well girls please don't get stressed about Christmas if you do celebrate

Love

Clare 

Highlighted

Hi girls.

Curled up on a sofa with the fire burning pure bliss ,trying not to eat the chocolate !!

Cath ,Sorry to hear sister struggling . I I had loads of joint pains and lost all my nails hand and feet . It was distressing but they grew back over the months and are strong.Mine was chemo not herceptin..The whole thing is a long journey .sending her positive thoughts and a hug.

I too loved 8/8 .exercise is good for all cancer ,heart ,lungs,mental health etc,etc,etc..I know BMI can effect oestrogen..

Time for bed . Keep warm ladies xxx

Gill

Highlighted

Hi Clare, so glad you had a good time on your hols.

As for my sister, she's struggling at the moment on her Herceptin - lots of joint pains and she's losing her nails, so she's a little bit down. But thanks for asking after her.

Sylvia - glad the sofa fitted okay.

Had to laugh at your 8 out of 8 full marks comment. Guessing we should all get out and exercise more.

At the moment it's so cold here all I want to do is curl up and eat chocolate. Lots of chocolate. 🙂

Stay warm ladies

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Cath - the sofa fitted well thank you. I've found my perfect spot in the corner, good view of the TV and the fire at the same time. Perfect! 

Clare - I had no idea that exercise reduced oestrogen, that probably explains why I got 8 out of 8 on my marker. Its the only time I've ever got full marks for anything and it turns out to be bad news!!  I definitely need to move my flabby bum and get exercising. Woman Wink

Highlighted

Slyvia Sounds like you have also done a grand job with the decorating. Enjoy it and relax in the lovely environment.
BTW I returned to UK with sinusitis which lasted a week 😞 . The joys of travelling but can't complain.

Take care
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Cath, Karen and Co. Hope we are all well.
Back from holiday.. great fun was had and lots of spending lol. Bought a ring and 2 earrings with great pleasure.
Karen sorry your friend had such a hard time with her BC. Gosh I am starting to 4get them days and moving forward. Research also says exercise reduces oestrogen and reduces risks of reoccurence, hence my jogging. If I get 20 yrs I would be very happy :-).
Sounds like you did a grand job with your decorating and enjoying the ambience.

Cath hope your sister is dping well and your book is nearing completion.
love to all and enjoy life to the fullest
Clare.
Highlighted

@Slyolddog wrote:
Goose Down sounds interesting, how does chic shadow vary? I can see why you're not popular though! I've had to get in touch with Dulux, every time anyone touches the wall that was painted raspberry diva it leaves a mark that can't be removed. Luckily the other three walls are a different colour and the paints washable.

The curtains are up and the wooden poles look good. So pleased I went with them. A local curtain making company supplied and fitted the poles, I know I'd have nagged my husband if they hadn't been perfect.

Sofa arrives tomorrow, corner suite, fingers crossed that it fits as I'm not confident. 😳

Weathers turned cold here, however the Autumn colours are hanging on and they're gorgeous. Have a fab weekend everyone. Xx

Ooops, just seen this. Did the sofa fit okay?

Highlighted

Goose Down sounds interesting, how does chic shadow vary? I can see why you're not popular though! I've had to get in touch with Dulux, every time anyone touches the wall that was painted raspberry diva it leaves a mark that can't be removed. Luckily the other three walls are a different colour and the paints washable.

The curtains are up and the wooden poles look good. So pleased I went with them. A local curtain making company supplied and fitted the poles, I know I'd have nagged my husband if they hadn't been perfect.

Sofa arrives tomorrow, corner suite, fingers crossed that it fits as I'm not confident. 😳

Weathers turned cold here, however the Autumn colours are hanging on and they're gorgeous. Have a fab weekend everyone. Xx
Highlighted

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear your friend is having a hard time with her treatment. How is she doing now?

So easy for all those bad memories to resurface when we hear of others going through the same thing.

As for the chance of reoccurrence...as you say, treatment is improving all the time. Being triple negative, I always wished I had extra treatment to take to fight off the cancer cells, but fingers crossed if I can get to 5 years clear, my chances of reoccurrence drop dramatically. Then again, nothing in this life is certain, as we all know.

LOL on the repainting. I can imagine no one is happy about having to repaint, but it's gotta be right. Better to do it now.

Good luck.

Cath

Clare, hope you're having a fab time on your cruise

Highlighted

Whoops, having plumped for Goose Down and painted the whole room, put everything back ready for new fireplace, I’ve decided I don’t really like it. Looks a bit blue in some lights, so now decided to go with Chic Shadow....don’t think I’m very popular at the moment 😳
Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

Wow, Cath, congratulations to your son and his partner, how exciting having a wedding to look forward to. Have they set a date yet?

Clare, hope you are having a wonderful time, a cruise to Cuba sounds amazing, you certainly are living life to the full.

Sylvia, tartan curtains and wooden poles sounds great, must be lovely and cosy on these cold evenings. I love it when I can come home from work, put my pj’s on and snuggle under my blanket on the sofa.

Gill, sounds like you’ve been busy since retirement. I’m trying to work out if I can go in the next few years, I’ve had enough commuting but with one at Uni and possibly another two to go I don’t think I can afford to get a local job. A meet up in Bath sounds good to me.

Unfortunately my friend with BC has had a bit of a hard time with it. After her first op it was found to be in her lymph nodes so she’s had to have them removed. Then a scan revealed something on her liver, luckily on the ultrasound it looks like a benign cyst. But I remember those worrying times which even now suddenly sneak up from nowhere.
I saw the latest research confirmed something I was told on my Moving Foward course, with Er+ cancer the risk of recurrence and spread is the same after 20 years as 2. However treatment is improving all the time and I will be on hormone treatment for 10 yrs instead of 5.
Sorry that was all a bit dark, have a lovely day all
Xx
Highlighted

Clare - hope you're enjoying Cuba. I'd love to be on a cruise right now, it's freezing here. Brrr. And congrats on improving on your PB.

Gill - sounds like you had a fab time in Bath. I'm happy to meet anywhere as long as it's close to an airport so I don't end up getting lost and wandering around England. Lol

Sylvia - tartan curtains sound lovely and cozy - just what you need for this cold weather. Good luck with the wooden curtain poles. Two lounges sound like bliss.

The weather has turned really cold here today. We had frost on the mountains this morning. What I wouldn't give to head off somewhere sunny for a few weeks. *Sigh*

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath, decisions on curtains was easy in the end, knew I wanted tartan for a bit of cosiness and found a nice pair made by Dorma.  Spent last night looking at curtain poles again. Woman Frustrated I think I'm going for wood. I've looked on pinterest and there are a lot of eyelet curtains on wooden poles so that's what I'm doing. Now I just have to find some I like and get them fitted before the sofa arrives on the 18th. After we've finished the new lounge we have to do the new dining room and then the old lounge, which will be our summer lounge. Sounds confusing but basically we're a room over so looking to make better use of the space. 

It sounds like you had a lovely family weekend, is there anything better?

Clare, enjoy Cuba and your cruise.  We've recently come back from Mauritius, too far to go for not much in my view. I prefer the caribbean and love a good cruise.  

We went to Bath for our 25th anniversay in 2014, just before my last chemo. (Should have been in Australia but hey-ho!) I say the Premier Inn, it's in an old building isn't it?  I would happily go there for a meet up. Although to be honest I'd happily go anywhere! (Cruise anyone???)

Have a lovely week everyone. xx

Highlighted

Yes Cath. Exciting times for you. Life plans for children all coming together.
Gill Wooden poles are lovely to look at so nothing wrong with loving them.
Bath sounds like a good plan. I haven't been to Bath yet so would be nice to explore somewhere else

Take care ladies
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Girls.

Everyone seems busy .

I have wooden poles throughout cottage .bought them years ago and are great .dust them occasionally.I have both eyelet and tape curtains.. .Recently decorated utility and bought new coat pegs ,bright colours and hard plastic I love them so much ( how sad!!)

How can there be so many Grey's? I use a lot of white paint which should be simple but do I want silk,soft sheen ,matt etc??

Mexico how lucky , Clare enjoy Cuba and cruising.xxx

A surprise engagement Cath how exciting .A wedding to look forward to..

I have been to Bath Sunday/ Monday  with book club friends .We had a great time .went to thermal baths,ate ,drunk alcohol and laughed .Stayed in a Travel lodge situated along canal near railway station and easy walk into town . May be a place for us to meet ??

It is pouring of rain here and still quite dark .horrible weather .what to do today ?

Anyway ladies keep safe and well

Hugs Gill x

Highlighted

Hi ladies.
Karen and Slyvia how the decorating
Hope you are nearing the end. I always look forward to completion but got used to the present chaos waving a DIY husband.
Guess where I am. In Mexico at last after 1 year of planning. 60 of age and 40 years Friendship. one year delayed. Unfortunately 1 dropped out (going to be a nanny) so back to the famous duo again. off to Cuba on Sunday to start 8 days of cruising.
looking forward. There is life after CA girls.
I also improved on my PB park running so really pleased.
Hope everyone is doing fine
love
Clare
Highlighted

Hi Karen and Sylvia,

Sounds like you're both doing a lot of work to your homes. A log burner sounds just what's needed. It's starting to feel really cold.

Did you both make decisions on curtains and colours?

We had a family wedding this weekend - Friday for the wedding, Saturday for the after party. I'm getting much too old for these late nights. Sunday was a bit of a blur. Lol

It was also my son's 30th birthday on Friday and the day he chose to propose to his partner. So an exciting weekend all round. 🙂

Cath

Highlighted

Did you finally decide, Sylvia? That’s quite a lot of work you’ve had done but it must be lovely now, especially with the cold weather creeping in. Woke up to frost on the cars today for the first time this autumn....brrr....
Stay warm all xx
Highlighted

Hi Karen

I feel your pain, we're doing our living room too. Former dining room, large but cold so a new log burner and fire surround has gone in, replastered, new carpet, curtains, sofa, the works. Picking colours was easy, stressing over curtain poles! I've bought eyelet curtains but want a wooden pole, I've been advised to go metal. Curtains rings are an unusual finish and I don't like the sound of metal on metal. What to do?? My head knows I need metal poles but my heart wants wood. 🙄

Lovely day today once the fog had gone, feeling a cold draft now though. Have a lovely weekend everyone. Xx
Highlighted

Morning All,

Beautiful day here today, hope you are all well?
We are decorating our living room to go with our new fireplace, I never realised how difficult it would be to choose between different shades of grey. I have spent a fortune on tester pots and still can’t decide....🙄

Wendy, were you due to have more scans? Hope all is ok.

Anytime is fine for me for the get together, will be lovely to meet up.

Take care all

Xx
Highlighted

@Slyolddog wrote:

I hope everyone is well, we're on the slide towards winter now. Still once Cath's book is out at least we'll all have something to read!! 

I think it might be a while before the next book is out - def not this Christmas. I'm afraid you'll have to reread the old one. lol

Weather is starting to come in colder now. It honestly feels like we haven't had a summer - it's been that wet and dismal. *Sigh*

Stay well, July Ladies

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Gill & all - anytime is fine by me also 😄

Gill - sounds like you're keeping very busy.  I also have some rooms that need decorating & you've just reminded me about the 'C' word so I really must try to crack on! 

Hugs to all

Julie

x

Highlighted

Hi Gill

Good to see you're enjoying your retirement. Like you I'm also keen on gardening, I need to get out there and cut some stuff back and put the garden to bed but need to wait for better weather (to arrive at the same time as some motivation!). We're also currently decorating changing rooms around, we're having a log burner installed on Monday so need to be mainly done by then. Then its a new carpet, curtains, sofa etc. Exciting times but why is it that doing one room creates a mess in every other room in the house. Woman Frustrated

I hope everyone is well, we're on the slide towards winter now. Still once Cath's book is out at least we'll all have something to read!! 

Highlighted

hi Gill. Glad to hear that you r enjoying retirement. I still can't make the clean break. You will have to give me some advice.
Any day to meet would be fine with me
Enjoy your day ladies
Clsre
Highlighted

Hi Gill,

So glad to hear you're settling into your retirement, although it sounds like you're busier than ever with the house and garden. 🙂

The new book is written, kinda. I have Beta readers reading it so will probably have lots of edits to do to it before I think about publishing. I'm working on the 3rd one while I wait.

As for our get together - I'm happy to go with everyone else. I don't work, so any day of the week suits.

Cath

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

After Ophelia we had Brian and now it is murky ,damp and cloudy boo hoo!!!! Summer has gone.

I am settling into retirement .Have given up my registration so can no longer practice as a midwife .I thought I would really miss it but with all the issues in the NHS the timing was right .

I love working in the garden and have been creating new areas to sit in but now weather has changed  I have started decorating indoors.Last week was the utility which we finished on Sunday .Am really happy with its new look.Which room next ? Living in an old cottage a quick coat of paint always becomes a bigger task .need to crack on cos once December here and Christmas decorations go up painting will stop .

Cath how is your next book going ?

I am still willing to organise our get together in 2019.early July maybe or September ?.prices for hotels change so much in the summer months .does it need to be a weekend ? 

HOPE everyone is keeping healthy and taking care of yourselves .

Love Gill xx

Highlighted

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. Ophelia has gone with no more loss of life. I fear the South of Ireland bore the full brunt of it and we escaped with only minor problems.

Hugs to all

Cath

Highlighted

Hope you are all ok, Cath? I thought of you when watching coverage of Orphelia on the news, Mother Nature can be brutal at times xx
Highlighted

OMG Cath . Please stay safe x x
So sad about the fatalities

x x
Clare
Highlighted

Ophelia has finally hit here. Wind and rain gusting up the lough. 3 people killed already, mostly by falling trees. All the shops are closed, so at least everyone is at home safe - except for those brave souls in the emergency services.

I plan to curl up and do some reading/writing.

Stay safe all.

Hugs to the July Ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Stay safe all. It''s now grey in Hertfordshire. Looks like rain but they predicted dry weather.
Clare
Highlighted

Clare - I never mind being deserted in a pub. Lol. I'm sure I could find something to occupy myself. Smiley Very Happy

Karen - not much view to wake up to today. Mountains and sea are covered in heavy mist. The sky is so dark, even though it's 10:30. I think Ophelia is sweeping in.

Stay safe everyone.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

I’ll get my thinking cap on, Clare and see if I can come up with any ideas for the meet.
Cath, where you live sounds absolutely glorious, I really can’t imagine what it must be like to wake up to those views everyday. Hope you stay safe in Orphelia and that the worst doesn’t hit land.
Hugs
Karen x
Highlighted

Thanks Cath but won't want you coming to meet up with us and deserting you in a pub :-). Not fair.
There''s lots of other things we can do together.
Maybe we should start putting out some ideas. Gill said she would organise the meet. It would be nice to put faces to names.
take care
Clare
Highlighted

Clare - glad you had such a good time in Norfolk. The moonshine walk is a great idea, I'm sorry I'm messing it up. I've no problem waiting in a pub somewhere for you all to finish. 🙂

Coming 4th is amazing, and raising so much cash…you're an inspiration, Clare. 

Hugs. And hugs to all the July ladies.

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Karen, hope your friends' WLE goes well tomorrow.

Like you, neither hubs or I like gardening so very little is done. I've actually killed plastic ivy in my time. Rofl

My sis is overjoyed to have finished the active part of her treatment. I haven't used herceptin either, so have no idea what it entails for her.

Sorry to hear there's been a slight deterioration in your scan results, but they mustn't be too worried if they're not calling you back for 3 years.

I can't imagine not being able to see the mountains or the sea every day. I know I'm incredibly lucky to live in such a beautiful spot. My brother is home visiting from London and he loves to go around the front shore just to soak in the view.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath and Karen. Feeling great now after week in Norfolk . I guess The moonshine walk was a bad idea . I think it is half or a full marathon.

Didn't do as well as expected but I did run the last lap of the marathon relay. By then I was tired and the sun had made it warm. Did it in 1:18 so better luck next time. We came 4th out of 10 teams so happy with.that and raised.about £230 for cancer research. It was fun and a great team event.

Karen how often are you having dexascan? Sorry that there was slight deterioration but hope the calcium and VitD tablets do the job the need too . When are you having your next scan?

Take care
Clare

Highlighted

Morning Ladies, hope everyone is well.

Hi Sylvia, unfortunately NHS time being wasted by files not being read seems to be a familiar story. My friend who is due her WLE this week was called in at the weekend for further MRI and biopsy. Then turns out they weren’t even aware her Op is scheduled for Wednesday! Glad all is ok with you though, better a wasted appointment than finding something else up.
Hi Clare, sounds like you have been really busy, I hate gardening too. Unfortunately so does my husband so we don’t have a great garden. How was Sunday? Did you manage a new PB?
Hi Cath, your sister must be delighted to have finished her rads. It is such a good feeling to have all the active treatment under your belt although I don’t have any experience of herceptin so don’t know if that has any effects? Where you live sounds amazing, I can’t imagine being able to see mountains from my home, what a wonderful view.
I got my Dexa scan results last week, there has been a slight deterioration but am to continue on same supplements and recall in three years.
Been out watching my son play rugby and football this weekend, I love Autumn when it’s dry and mild like this so it’s been great.
Hugs to all
Karen x
Highlighted

Hi Clare

Sorry to hear you've had a stressful time. I hope all is resolved now.

Good luck with your run on Sunday. I have no doubt you will get another PB.

As for incorporating the moonshine walk into our meet…how far is the walk? The reason I'm asking is that I walk with the aid of a stick and can't go too far. And def not too fast. Lol I could cheer you all on from the side lines, though.Smiley Wink

Cath

Highlighted

Karen not Kate. this phone is really annoying. It wants to predict my spelling. lol
Highlighted

His Cath, Gill, Kate, & Sylvie and other July ladies. I am well thanks. In Norfolk at the moment unwinding from my stressful week.... Extended family stuff.
The garden is like a jungle as it's 3 months since staying at the bungalow but it'does therapeutic Tidying up. I don't really like gardening like my hubby but it's something that we can do together eh? He really loves that stuff.

Kinda preparing for my run on Sunday. I would like to get another PB.
Just an idea. Gill when you are organising the reunion do you think it might be a good idea to incorporate the moonshine walk in the meet? What do you think girls. It might encourage you to get those treadmills out. :-).
Just a thought

Goodmorning and love to all
Clare
Highlighted

@Slyolddog wrote:
Hi Cath and Karen, the doctors appointment was as predicted a waste of time. It was pure coincidence that my own doctor had made a note on my file to call me in towards the end of my third year on anastrozole and that I had spoken to a different doctor about it the week before. If only she had read my notes I could have saved myself and the NHS some time and money. Never mind.

Lovely day here today, sunshine and autumns finest colours, is there anything better. 😎🍂🍁

That is so frustrating! I hope word on your Dexa scan comes through soon.

Autumn has well and truly hit here, too. The trees on the mountains are beginning to change colour. Gorgeous!

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath and Karen, the doctors appointment was as predicted a waste of time. It was pure coincidence that my own doctor had made a note on my file to call me in towards the end of my third year on anastrozole and that I had spoken to a different doctor about it the week before. If only she had read my notes I could have saved myself and the NHS some time and money. Never mind.

Lovely day here today, sunshine and autumns finest colours, is there anything better. 😎🍂🍁

Highlighted

Karen - how is your daughter getting on at university? Anymore 'blips?'  And how are you coping with her not being in the house? I know it's a big adjustment.

Congrats on doing the Shine Walk. I know you must miss your dad. I hope his anniversary wasn't too difficult for you. *hugs*

Good luck to your daughter for her job interview on Weds. Let us know how she gets on.

Clare - How are things with you?

Sylvia - Whoo-hoo on putting the treadmill on the incline. I'm afraid mine has been relegated to the spare room.

How did it go with your Dexa scan? Did they give you a date or was it just a chat?

And how on earth did you get hubs to go shopping alone? That sounds like a handy trick. Lol

Thanks for all the good wishes for my sister, ladies. Today is her second last rad and she's so excited to be finished. She will be taking Herceptin for the next year (I think) and then tablets for the next 5. I've never done that part of the treatment, so I don't know a lot about it.

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Clare, the Shine Walk was fun, although I do remember saying towards the end ‘I’m never doing this again’. However a couple of days later I’m looking to next and trying to improve my time ( remind me of childbirth, looking back it seemed fine but each time I went through it again I remember thinking it didn’t seem so bad last time!)
How did you get on at the Doctors, Sylvia? Hope your scan results were ok, are you on extra Calcium/Vitamin D? Still waiting for mine.
Fairly quiet weekend just gone but got to see my son play his first rugby match. Have to take a day off work tomorrow to deliver a couple of things to my eldest daughter at Uni, she has a job interview on Wednesday.
Love to all
Karen x
Highlighted

Glad to see your sister is nearly finished her rads Cath, that end really marks a milestone. I felt it all start to get easier at that point.

On the running front I'm not a runner, barely a walker. I've recent put my treadmill on the incline to get more benefit, however I feel the benefit will only be had if I actually turn it on! 😊

Went to the doctors last week for a repeat prescription and asked about the frequency of Dexa scans which seem to vary between us all. The doctor I saw said she'd put a note on the system to make sure I had another when I finish anastrozole in 2 years. Monday morning I get a call from the surgery wanting to make me an appointment with my own doctor to discuss the scan, which is tomorrow morning. I'm going to be a little vexed if all it is is a chat which could be done over the phone. I'm quite curious though so will keep you posted.

Quiet evening and dinner for one, husbands gone shopping alone. Hurray.
Highlighted

Hi Karen. Hope you are feeling OK today after your visit to the cemetery. It''s always so sad when our loved ones are not with us esp on the special occasions. Pleased that your daughter got over her blip. Great news about the shine walk. It must be fun. Might do that next year
Cath glad your sis is getting to the end of radiotherapy. Although I never experienced that part of the journey I bet it must a great relief for her esp with her claustrophobic experience
Hi Gill hope you're enjoying retirement and that you fracures are all healed up well with on after effects.

love to all July ladies
Clare