cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

That's fantastic news, Julie. Whoo-hoo!

Sounds like last week was the perfect week for you.

The sun is actually shining here at the minute, after a long spell of heavy showers, which, of course, we got caught in while walking the dog. 🙂

Hope the sun is shining on all the July ladies.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

Cath - great news on your mammogram 😄 x

Thank you all for your kind wishes and I'm pleased to say that I got the all-clear last Wednesday - no changes reported from my previous scans - yaayyy! 

You're right Sylvia - what a week last week was! I was buzzing from my skydive, had good results and several days in the (very hot!) sunshine 🙂 x

Sending hugs to everyone.

Julie

xx

Highlighted

Great news Cath. Whoohoo
X xClare

Hi Sylvie. Hope you're keeping well x x
Highlighted

Julie - that's fantastic news about your sky dive. Congratulations on that and collecting so much money for the Alzheimers Society - a charity very dear to my heart.

Good luck for Wednesday and relax and enjoy your few days away.

Received my mamo results today - all clear! Whoo hoo!

Hugs to all the July ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Julie, you are amazing! I can barely jump from the bottom step and get wobbly on a step ladder. I'm sure it must be the most amazing experience but I haven't got the bottle for it. I hope all goes well with your results on Wednesday, and enjoy your break abroad straight after. What a week!

Cath, I hope you get your results soon.

Happy Monday to everyone. 😎
Highlighted

well done Julie. You and hubby should both be proud of your skydive and good luck with the fund raising.
That 90 year old lady epitomises that where there's life there hope.
Hope your appt goes well and enjoy your surprise holiday in Majorca
love
Clare
Cath hope next time I log on you have some feed back from your mammogram x x
Highlighted

Well ladies - I did it!! We skydived from 10,000 feet & it was the most amazing experience! I absolutely loved it! Surprisingly, I didn't feel too nervous this time - just put my faith in my instructor & went with it. We are still collecting monies in & have over £300 for Alzheimer's Society so far. My hubby was a bit green when he landed - said his breakfast was coming back up after being spun on the way down.  There was a lady there who jumped in the plane load before us - she was jumping 15,000 feet for her 90th birthday - truly inspirational!

I get my scan results on Wednesday lunchtime, then we are straight off to Majorca for a few days after the appointment - the plan is to surprise my sister & brother-in-law on their hols as it's his 60th birthday on Thursday- we just have to work out how to find them when we get there!

sending hugs to everyone,

Julie

xx

Highlighted

@sugar8 wrote:
His Julie. What a bummer these cancellations are.
Cath Hope your results come through quickly.
I am well.
Enjoy the weekend
Clare

Hi Clare,

Yeah, waiting on results is the worst, which reminds me... Julie, you get your results yet?

Cath

Highlighted

His Julie. What a bummer these cancellations are.
Cath Hope your results come through quickly.
I am well.
Enjoy the weekend
Clare
Highlighted

@JuSt wrote:

Hi Cath - glad your mammo went ok & hope you don't have to wait too long to get good results. Still didn't get to do the skydive because of the weather - we are booked in to try again this Sunday but looking at the forecast at the moment I expect it may be cancelled again. I just really want to do it now (get it out of the way lol).

Hugs to all the other July ladies - hope you're enjoying the summer

xx

Oh, Julie, can't believe your skydive has been put off again! I bet by the time it does happen you'll have no time to be nervous because you won't believe you're actually going. lol

Weather has turned dull here again. 😞 But so far the rain has stayed away. I think that's set to change tomorrow - lucky us!

Hugs to all the July ladies. Hope you're all staying dry.

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Cath - glad your mammo went ok & hope you don't have to wait too long to get good results. Still didn't get to do the skydive because of the weather - we are booked in to try again this Sunday but looking at the forecast at the moment I expect it may be cancelled again. I just really want to do it now (get it out of the way lol).

Hugs to all the other July ladies - hope you're enjoying the summer

xx

Highlighted

@sugar8 wrote:
Come on girls dust off those treadmills and get going. It''s a slow process but suddenly you will get to that point where there''s no looking back. lol. and becomes fun .

I did enjoy my treadmill, but I just don't have room for it at the moment. I've taken up swimming again, and I must admit I love it. Hubby and I go twice a week and we can really notice the difference.

As you say, Clare, once something becomes fun, it's no longer a chore.

Speaking of....fun. Mammo went okay today. Now the wait begins.

Julie, how did the skydive go?

Hugs to all the July Ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Good to hear from you Sylvia. Glad life is going on as normally as possible.
Come on girls dust off those treadmills and get going. It''s a slow process but suddenly you will get to that point where there''s no looking back. lol. and becomes fun .
Highlighted

Good to hear from you, Sylvia. Glad things are going well for you - even if you are neglecting your treadmill. lol (Mine is also stuck in a corner looking rather sad.)

It is good that we're now forgetting dates unless reminded. I have mine noted on my calendar and am surprised every time they 'pop' up. Speaking of which, thanks for the good wishes for my mammo, ladies.

Julie - good luck for your skydive tomorrow.

Cath

Highlighted

Wendy so glad to hear you got your results and they're good, so pleased for you.

Julie, sorry you're still waiting for yours, it must be agony.  It only takes the slightest niggle for me to start streesing and googling again, we all know we have to avoid it. I can't believe you're doing a sky dive, you must be mad! Like yous aid it will focus your mind on something else.

Cath - good luck with your mammo this Thursday, not too many more to go now.

Clare - Well done on your 10K, that's a heck of an achievement. I haven't done any proper exercise for ages, my treadmill is looking a bit forlorn. Like you I am finally beginning to forget important dates.  A Facebook reminder popped up on July 4th, in 2014 I posted 'Let's get this show on the road', I couldn't work out what I'd been wittering about until I remebered it was my first chemo session.  I'm quite pleased I'd forgotten, however I could then recall all the dates of the following treatments! Woman Frustrated Still, improvement none the less.

Hi to all the other July ladies just keeping an eye from the distance - I hope you're all doing great.

Enjoy the lovely weather xx

Highlighted

Hi Cath. .Good luck for your mammogram on Thurs the 20th. Hope all goes well.
Gill hope your foot is mending quickly.
Wendy keep enjoying the lovely weather. The weather has been so lovely that one can just stay local for holiday.
Julie let is know how the skydive was.
Another lovely day again . Enjoy the day
Love
Clare
Highlighted

@WP23 wrote:

Cath - hope your mammo goes ok, and the results are swift, it must be bringing it all back having your sister go through the process too.

It has been a lovely few days here in Cumbria, long may it continue, although i do haveto go to work so wont get to enjoy it for a few days.

Onwards and upwards July 14 ladies :):)

Wendy

Weather has been gorgeous here, too. What a pity you have to go to work and miss it, Wendy.

Sunny days just gladden the heart, don't they?

Cath

Highlighted

Go you Claire, what an achievement doing 10K in a really great time, in such hot weather too.

Sounds like you are keeping pretty busy :):) xx
Highlighted

Hi Gill

Sorry to hear about your foot!!! but great news on your retirement, enjoy every minute and book lots of holidays :):) xx
Highlighted

Thanks for all of your good wishes ladies

Julie - hope you get your results soon and they are positive for you - the waiting is the hardest thing, why do they always make us wait? i found i became obsessed!! AGAIN with all things C***** 😞 . Have you managed the skydive? you must be brave, there is no way i could do that.

Cath - hope your mammo goes ok, and the results are swift, it must be bringing it all back having your sister go through the process too.

It has been a lovely few days here in Cumbria, long may it continue, although i do haveto go to work so wont get to enjoy it for a few days.

Onwards and upwards July 14 ladies :):)

Wendy

Highlighted

@JuSt wrote:

Cath - yes, I'm hoping that's the case & the secretary did say if it was urgent or they got a cancellation they'd try to fit me in before then so I'm kind of hoping no letters arrive with an earlier appointment now! 😕

Good luck with your mammogram - though I assume you'd rather be skydiving lol 😄

Hugs

Julie

x

Then fingers crossed your appointment takes AGES to come through. lol

And nope, I'd much rather have my boobs squashed than jump out of a plane. I don't even like planes on the inside, never mind the outside. 🙂

Cath

Highlighted

Cath - yes, I'm hoping that's the case & the secretary did say if it was urgent or they got a cancellation they'd try to fit me in before then so I'm kind of hoping no letters arrive with an earlier appointment now! 😕

Good luck with your mammogram - though I assume you'd rather be skydiving lol 😄

Hugs

Julie

x

Highlighted

Julie - can't believe they're making you wait even longer. Seems so unfair, but they do say the longer you wait the less urgent things are. So fingers crossed.

Good luck with your skydive. Hope everything goes to plan this time

I'm due my mammogram next Thursday - I know which I'd prefer to be doing. lol

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Gill,

How's the foot doing? I've always wanted to try Pilates. It seems like an all-round great form of exercise.

Here's hoping the infusion you're getting helps strengthen your bones.

Oooh, book club! *Bites nails* Really hope your friends enjoyed Where There's Smoke. Any questions they have, please ask and I'll happily try and answer them.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Julie. What a bummer this waiting game is. It is so unfair and frustrating . The skydive next Thurs sounds exciting. Enjoy and try not to be too nervous. Will certainly take your mind of things
Love
Clare

Hi Julie. What a bummer this waiting game is. So frustrating and unfair.
Good luck for your skydive next Thursday. It will certainly take your mind if things
lovery
Clare

Highlighted

Thanks Gill and Cath. Gill only started running for the first time in August last year. Enjoying it and improving slowly. Probably would not think about doing running b4 bc.
Used to do to the gym regularly though and swam a bit. ... always a fairly active person.
Well girls .. enjoy this lovely weather
Highlighted

Hi Ladies - thanks for all your good wishes.  Well, the oncologist's secretary finally called me back - apparently, my scan has not been reported on yet and, because they're so busy, the earliest available follow-up appointment is 2nd August so a few more weeks of waiting.  In the meantime, me & hubby have re-booked to do our Skydive next Thursday again so at least I can spend some time worrying about that instead, lol!

Gill - glad you had a lovely time in Portugal - fish and sunshine sounds great! Hope your foot heals quickly so you can get more mobile again - what a drastic start to your retirement! xx

Cath - glad to hear you're having a gorgeous, sunny morning - not been too bad here either, a little dull but dry and warm so I'll take that! Long may it last.  Hope your sister's doing ok, only two to go now, isn't it? Yay! xx

Clare - glad you're busy enjoying life - made me feel exhausted just reading about what you've been up to lol, especially your 10K - I'm very impressed! Well done you! xx

Love to all the July ladies,

Julie

xx

Highlighted

Now Clare .well done 10 k. I am not safe just standing so running would be a disaster for me!! Did you run before bc? I have 6  months infusions for my bones !!!

I look forward to be able to take you a regular pastime ,maybe Pilates? Got to stop breaking bones first .

Julie hope you have received results by now and all positive.

Cath .its book club next week .positive feedback so far xxx

Take care .hugs xx

Highlighted

Clare - Congrats on the 10K. That's a fantastic time. sounds like you're forging ahead with the running.

Are you still enjoying the steelpan?

It's a gorgeous morning here today. Sun is out and the sky is cloudless. It really lifts the spirits. 🙂

Hope the sun is shining on all the July Ladies

Cath

Highlighted

Hi ladies

Wendy so pleased that the cancer hasn't spread to your bones. What a relief!! and a positive step forward. 

Julie you must be so worried and frustrated about having to wait  so long for your results. Fingers cossed that you get good news also.

Gill. Can't believe you've broken you foot ... another fracture again. are you on the calcium and Vit D tablets?

Hope it heals soon and you can drive again.

Cath How are you keeping. Hope your sister's side effects don't last too long. The taxotere was a nasty drug which floored me for at least 2 days before I could drag myself back to life.

Well ladies . I am trying to move on in life . I'm even startinhg to forget the dates procedures were done. Then maybe it's just old age creeping in LOL. Actually I'm so busy living life it's tiring 🙂

Summer has been so busy with my running, steelpan practice and performances and my occasional work day. I ran a 10K race on Sunday, It was so hot it was madness, but managed to finish it in 1 hour and 19 mins

Love to all 

Clare

Highlighted

Julie - that must be frustrating, waiting on a call-back. I don't care if the secretary is on holiday, surely to God they know that people are worrying and stressing over results. The least they can do is give them out on time. ghrrr!

Still keeping everything crossed for you. Hope you hear good news soon.

Gill - can't believe you've broken a bone in your foot! What a way to start your retirement. At least you waited until you came home from hols to do it. lol

Here's hoping you're back driving soon.

Cath

Highlighted

Whoopee Wendy .great news .must be a look relieved .please to hear oncologist is reviewing all 3 scans.seems a sensible idea to me.hugs xxx

Julie that swinging between trying to be positive then thinking the worst is exhausting.HOPE you hear over next couple of days.xxx

Cath hole your sister doesn't get too severe side effects from T.I personally didn't get on with it and was unable to have last dose..!!! 

It's 3 years since I started chemo,feels like yesterday or forever ago..depends on the day.

We loved Portugal.it was sunny and very relaxing. Ate fresh fish everyday so good for my brain.

Retirement officially started on 1st July .seems strange not preparing to go back to work like Dave is this week mind you I was watering  some garden pots Sunday evening and fell backwards off 2 foot wall and have broken a bone in my foot so now in special boot and

on crutches .can't drive again so very frustrating .!!! A minor thing compared with BC I tell myself.

Julie hope you hear soon.we are thinking off you.

Love to all Gill .

Highlighted

Wow Wendy! That really is fantastic news! I imagine getting that news made it the best holiday ever - so, so pleased for you.  xx

I'm still waiting for my results and hoping no news is good news. The oncologist that I saw said to chase up my results if I'd not heard by two weeks after the scan so I started leaving messages last Friday and again today with the secretary - still not had a call back so I'm thinking she's maybe on holiday. However, my cough has vastly improved along with some of the aches & pains I had so I'm trying to be hopeful whilst also preparing for possible bad news - not an easy juggling task as I'm sure we're all aware!

Cath - glad your sister is over the halfway mark now with her chemo & hope the side effects are very short term and mild for her.  I'm sure having you there is fantastic support for her. xx

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts & I'll let you know my results when I get them.

Hugs all around,

Julie

xx

Highlighted

Oh Wow! Wendy, that's the best news ever!

Been thinking about you and Julie and I'm over the moon that you've received good news.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Julie, hoping she'll get the same.

Saturday was my 3rd year anniversary of starting chemo. Hard to believe it's been so long. 

My sis has just had chemo #4 (she was put back a week as she had an infection). She's now getting the T part of the treatment and Herceptin, and she's suffering a few side effects. I didn't have T, so feeling a bit useless help-wise.

As always, onwards and upwards, Ladies.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Good morning July ladies

We are just back from holiday in France where i received very good news, the PETCT scan result shows no bone cancer!! they want to repeat the test in 3 months to make doubly sure as the CT scan did show concerns.

My Onc wants a consultant to take a look at all 3 scans together (as they have 3 separate reports from 3 separate radiographers).

For the moment we are all breathing a huge sigh of relief :):)

Julie i hope your results are positive too, will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Onwards and upwards ladies......

Wendy x

Highlighted

Julie and Wendy. Glad your scans went well and hope results are as good as can be. Cath and Gill have both expresses exactly as I feel about your news.

BIG hugs
Clare
Highlighted

Gill, I hope you have a fantastic time in Portugal. Enjoy every minute. 🙂

Julie and Wendy - I'm keeping you both in my thoughts while you wait for results. Big hugs, my friends.

Onwards and Upwards

Cath

Highlighted

Morning everyone .

It's July and the Sun is shining in cornwall.We are off to Portugal tonight for a week.never been so looking forward to lots of Sun,sea and eating fish.

Julie and Wendy hope you don't have to wait much longer for your results .Thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts and a hug.xxx

Love to you all Gill xx

Highlighted

Julie, glad the scan went okay and ouch! on the bruise. Keeping both you and Wendy in my thoughts as you wait for your results.

Onwards and Upwards, Ladies

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Thanks ladies for your good wishes. Scan finally went ok once they managed to get a canula in - as usual, my veins were crap so I have a whopper of a bruise but hey, it's over now - just the results to wait for which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks.

Wendy, glad your PET scan went ok & hope you're over the tiredness now. That sounds fast to get your results before you go away which is good that you won't be wondering and will know where you stand but I imagine it will be hard to get out of your mind - I really hope you can enjoy your holiday in France despite it being at this difficult time for you. Hopefully, you'll just have wonderful sunny days to pass your time.

Cath, yes - we've had to postpone the skydive again but we will get there. Have had to postpone twice so hopefully it will be third time lucky! 

Hugs to all,

Julie

xx

Highlighted

Clare - there have been so many awful things happening lately. I'm not surprised you don't want to watch TV. I'm the same. But with all the terrible things happening, there have been some amazing stories of bravery, too. I guess we just have to hold on to the positives.

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems, too. Good luck with your CT scan on Friday. I pray the news will be good.

I guess this means your parachute jump is off?

Wendy - glad the PET scan went okay yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed that your results are the best possible. Please try to enjoy your holiday. Hugs

Weather has broken here, too. Lots of rain this morning, although it still feels quite sticky and hot.

Hugs to all the July ladies.

Cath

Highlighted

JuSt

Good luck with your CT scan today, hope all goes well for you and you dont haveto wait too long for results.

My PET CT scan was ok yesterday, very tyring day though.

Hopefully get results before i go on holiday to France next week, although any treatment wont start until i get back.

The weather has finally broken here in West Cumbria today, some much needed rain for the gardena and allotment 🙂

Wendy x

Highlighted

Thanks ladies

JuSt, hope you get good results from your CT scan, and your concerns are just that; your right it is the waiting that is the most difficult part. We have one oncologist serving thousands of people at the moment and that is very worrying.

Thanks for all of your kind wishes and big hugs, it really does mean a lot xx

Highlighted

Oh Wendy - so, so sorry to hear your news.  Hope all goes well with your PET scan tomorrow and that your results are as positive as they can be.  I've also been having a few problems lately and am due to have a CT scan on Friday so it's back to waiting for investigations and results for me too. It must have been difficult for you to hear those results on your own & I hope you're getting lots of support and also being kind to yourself as you adjust to this. There are many positive stories around and treatment is still improving all the time so I really hope you have a good outcome. Sending you big hugs and prayers xx

Gill - congrats on your retirement! Enjoy every minute of it x

Love to all the July ladies

xxx

Highlighted

Hi July ladies. Life has been so busy that I haven't read or posted for a while.
Wendy so sorry to hear your news and I'm here to support you. Good luck for your CT scan tomorrow and a big positive hug. Try and enjoy your holiday as much as possible.

So much awfulness has happened in the UK and world recently. It bring tears to my ears every time I watch the news. Makes one want to keep the TV off.
Take care
Love and hugs to all
Clare
Highlighted

Good luck with your PET scan tomorrow, Wendy.

Definitely go on your holiday. I know it will be hard to relax, but hopefully being in France will take your mind off things.

Hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Thanks ladies

Your support means so much.

My PET scan has just been confirmed for Thursday at 1:15, hopefully the results wont take too long. We had a holiday in France booked for a week from next Thursday and I have been advised to go and start any treatment when i get back.

It is soooooo hot here in Cumbria today, wishing i was in the garden instead of at my desk at work, hopefully the weather will continue to be good.

Onwards and upwards (again!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):))

Wendy x

Highlighted

@WP23 wrote:

Hi July ladies

I do hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine.

I havent posted for a while but i have recently had some news that isnt the best.

I recently had a CT scan as i was feeling some discomfort arround my rib area. The CT scan showed some concerns around the 10th rib. My cancer nurse ordered a bone scan at this point. In the meantime i had my regualr check up with my surgeon, he said that the CT scan had definitely showed metastasis in the bone (10th rib and pelvic area). I was on my own at this appointment so was very upset to hear the news.

I had my bone scan last Monday and the results have said the same (concerns around 10th rib and pelvic area). My consultant now wants me to have a PET CT scan at Preston on Thursday.

Im not sure if any of the July ladies have been diagnosed with a secondary cancer, i hope not, and i dont want to upset anyone by posting here.

I hope i have done the right thing.

Wendy xx

Wendy, you've done absolutely the right thing posting here. We're here for each other, no matter what. Heart

I'm so so sorry about your news. You must be devasted. It's the one thing we all fear daily. How soon before you get the results of the PET scan? Can't believe you're back to waiting on scans and treatment again.

Don't give up. I have a friend who was diagnosed with secondary cancer 7 years ago. She attends the hospital regularly for treatment, but she's still living her life and looking great.

I pray the news is good for you, too.

Please keep posting.

Mega hugs

Cath

Highlighted

Hi Wendy. 

I am so sorry to hear your news.I think we are all aware breast cancer likes to invade our bones .!!!

It.was right to post it so that we can send you extra love and hugs .

Gill xx

Highlighted

Thanks Sylvia,

A PET scan is a scan that looks more in depth than a CT or bone scan.

treatments have been talked about, there is an injection given once a month.

Wendy xx