cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: w, Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Just wanted to send big ❤️❤️❤️And to everyone, you are all beautiful, amazing, kind, wonderful people 😁😁glad the Lgfb sessions have been useful and you’ve enjoyed them, it’s amazing how bit of eyeliner applied a certain way can create lashes isn’t it 😁treat yourselves to a new perfume or something when you’ve finished as a pressie to yourself 👍I know I did 😁bit of Chanel for me it was 👍 well why not eh 😁💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

All that waiting around does sound exhausting pastamissus! Good that you are over half way there though. Has your skin been ok, what cream have you been using? Xx

Highlighted

I am finding radio so much harder than chemo. The actual radio itself is fine. But out of 8 appointments, 2 have had a 1 hour delay and the last 2 a 2 hour delay. Sitting around in waiting rooms is so exhausting! And the appointment times mean I'm eating lunch at 11:55 before leaving home and not getting back home til after 4 😞

oh well, over half-way there....

Highlighted

Well, had a lovely pamper at LGFB. As I was driving there could feel my tummy bubbling again so wondered if I should have turned round. Decided to take another Imodium instead. Probably won’t be able to go for a couple of days now. Sorry if TMI 😁

Have learnt some different techniques with makeup and enjoyed the tea and cake and meeting others. Had to laugh at your comment about the quality of the products in your bag Sunnydaze 😂 Mine are mostly No.7 too. The lady opposite me had a few Lancôme bits in hers and a fantastic eye palette. She was quite elderly and didn’t wear eye makeup so it did cross my mind just for a second to switch bags. On a more serious note, I am really grateful to receive so much for nothing, certainly wasn’t expecting perfume as well!

Feeling shattered now...my friend wanted me to go to the cinema at 8.30pm, don’t think people realise that’s almost the middle of the night for us 💤 have agreed to a quick catch up over a cuppa instead rock n roll party animal that I am 😆 

Sunnydaze, I know you might not recognise yourself right now and I obviously didn’t know the previous you but can tell you’re still the beautiful person you always were. You are always so supportive on these forums and offer so many words of wisdom. I’m sure, like me, everyone appreciates having you here 💕

Hugs to all 🤗 xx

Highlighted

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and sensible advice. I love this little forum, it’s a little life line at times. We keep each other on the right tracks. 🚂  My hormones are all over the place and have knocked me for six. I am a strong and generally positive, just a bit weepy and like you G, I don’t feel gorgeous just now ,,,I hardly recognise myself when I look in the mirror. I want to get back to me, but i can’t travel backwards in life. I just look forward to being comfortable with a new version of me in the future, whenever that may be and I hope it’s not too dissimilar from the old me and I recognise these things take time.

G, I’m pleased you got away for a break. I agree, it is good to forget for a while and as you say, it’s important to give everyone a break. 

i hope you do manage to get away Dikat, if you’re feeling well enough. I found booking somewhere very quiet helped me and somewhere where I could be anonymous. At the same time, if you don’t want to go, there’s no point pushing it either.

Nails update!  I have kept my nails very short throughout chemo. I didn’t wear polish during FEC, but have intermittently done so through T. I have worn a clear nail base and top coat combo, but it has definitely helped. My nails are ok considering what they have been through. They do look as though I have been on the Woodbine fags a bit, but it’s not too bad. I think the vit D and and B complex have helped, if you’re taking those, but Biotin is the one you want to help with hair and nails I believe. I only take it as part of a B complex.

If you don’t feel comfortable taking supplements, up your omega 3 by eating loads of oily fish. Tinned fish is good, cheap and easy. Eggs and porridge oats are good I think. A bowl of porridge with loads of sunflower, chia, pumpkin seeds is a good thing to do. All of the seeds contain magnesium which is great for bone and nail health. I think walnuts, almonds etc are good too. A handful of    nuts a day... nothing to lose really, unless you’re allergic to nuts....

Enjoy your day

Sunnydaze xx

Highlighted

Enjoy LGFB Dikat. I hope you get a great bag with lots of quality products. It is amazing what you do receive for free. I was a bit unlucky in that I think my bag must have been packed by a male doing night shift at the LGFB warehouse. I mainly got 17 and no7 products, but a lot of the other ladies were getting Mac, Benefit, Lancôme products which was lovely for them. I was grateful for my goodies, but it does take the shine off a bit when it’s obvious your products aren’t as good as the other ladies. Of course I was delighted for the other ladies, it’s just I would have liked the same..... It’s still a lovely day and fingers crossed you get a top notch bag Dikat. I hope the Imodium works for you too. You don’t want anything to spoil your treat.

Sumnydaze xx

Highlighted

DiKat. Enjoy your day today. Hope the diarrhoea goes away! I’m doing LGFB on the 3rd June. Couldn’t get one sooner because they are on a Monday and that was my chemo day. Apparently it’s worth going for the goody bag alone xx

Highlighted

Thank you for that tip re nails DiKat.  I hope you enjoy your LGFB course as much as I did,  just good looking at yourself in a positive way (which I am finding tougher and tougher) and this gives you a really good positive head space for a few hours.  Book that night away, even if you stay somewhere not far from home (we did this weekend as took our girls to centre parcs which is just down the road for us), none of the worry about being away from hospital and family etc just in case...but all the joy of being away for them at least.  I was  relieved to get home but all the same it was worth getting away for my hubbie and my girls and seeing them smile and laugh and switch off from this cancer crap (even if I wasn’t) was fab (if somewhat emotional as I had a lot of tears in private when they were in the pools etc 🙄) but they are all recharged ready for the final push of chemos in May.  

G xxx 

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

Im glad you enjoyed LGFB Sunnydaze. I can understand it must have been a right dilemma about the moving on course and glad you have come to a decision that is right for you. It is very early. I think you’re doing amazing doing your walks and yoga at this stage. I’m sure you will know in the future when the time feels right 💕

Drummerswidow, I don’t blame you for wanting to be safe at home with your dogs right now. Hopefully you will be ready for the course in September though 💕

Me and hubby are meant to be going away for the night, Saturday. I was really excited at the idea to start with but keep looking at hotels but still not booking anything. I really want to go but feel quite anxious. To tell the truth I’ve been checking how close places are to a hospital with an a&e department, just in case.... don’t actually know what the just in case may be, starting to think I’m a little bit crazy 😝 

G, it sounds like you have done everything you can with your nails. The only thing I’ve read is that if they do start to lift to put a plaster over them so you don’t catch them by accident and cause pain, infection etc. 💕

Looking forward to LGFB this morning although I am going to have to take an Imodium as started with diarrhoea yesterday! Had it each cycle with THP. Thought it was the tax that was causing it but maybe it’s the Herceptin or Pertuzumab. Hope that doesn’t mean another 9 months of it intermittently whilst I’m on the targeted therapy!!!

Have a lovely day all xx

Highlighted

Hi Sunnydaze, learning to be kind to yourself is one of the positive things that surely has to come out of this cancer crap.  Well done you!  

I am booked on this course for November which will be 4 months after active treatment (will still need recon etc and obviously the daily tamoxifen pill popping), when looking at the dates, I initially felt this seemed too far away but I then decided it will be just right as I would have had some time to recover physically, whilst emotionally I will I hope,  have been able to really understand where I am and where I need help/direction etc. I know what you mean with regards protection from being at home, I am so feeling this, big hugs.

With regards the nail debate ladies.  I have been in so much pain here whilst on docetaxel.  Just staring to ease again ready for my next cycle! i have kept my nails painted throughout chemo and tried to look after them with cuticle oil and polybalm however the latters smell hasn’t agreed with me so I have had to stop this quite a lot.  I redid my nails last week and they are all looking very bruised, weak, sort of tar stained and generally awful.  I am really hoping to get through without losing any or any lifting as I don’t want the infection risk here....any tips anyone??

Take care, G x 

Highlighted

Here hear Drummerswidow. That sounds like a sensible plan. We don’t want to fall at the first hurdle

Sunnydaze xx

Highlighted

Hi Sunnydaze.

You must do what is right for you. I have booked on a Moving Forward course but not until September. I finish Radiotherapy mid June so thought it might be better to wait a while to get my head round things and no appointments. I booked to go to the Haven in London but it’s just when I finish rads so I’m going to cancel it’s too soon. 

I know I feel comfortable in my own home and with my doggies. Xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Shi,

I really appreciate your reply. Bless you 😘 Sweet heart. I have decided I’m not going to go on the course tomorrow. I’m just not ready for it. Baby steps. I need more time. I will get there  in time, now I’m just concentrating on healing gently and I need to hide away in my house for a bit longer. I’m not quite ready (yet) to face the world. I still need some protection and home does that for me right now. 

You are right about the maze, finding your way out can be tricky, but we get there in the end .

Sunnydaze 😘💕😘💕

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sunnydaze 😘😘you do what feels right for you darling. Like you say, see how it goes, if it’s not right for you at this moment it might be in time. Sod holding any tears or anything back, it’s all part of the journey and the healing process as you are now running out of the centre of the maze finding the exit 😁😁glad you enjoyed LGFB, dikat you have a great time on your too 💄💄💅🏻💅🏻Little steps. 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi KC72

I really enjoyed the LGFB course. Loads of goodies 😊 Well worth it. You’re in for a treat Dikat.

Thank you for sharing your next steps KC72. It was  especially informative for me because I think my Onc  will suggest something similar on Friday, I’ll let you know....

Good luck regarding your return to work KC72. Be gentle with your self and I hope your colleagues treat you gently too. You’ve been through so much. I wish you the very best of luck for a successful and enjoyable return to work. Keep in touch 😘

Whilst I was up at Maggies today, I spoke to a member of staff who booked me on to a moving forward course, starting tomorrow! It feels a bit soon tbh, but the next one would clash with holidays and my actual return to work, so tomorrow it is.

I feel very fragile and vulnerable and I’m a bit worried I might not be able to hold back the tears at times, but I will go tomorrow and see if I can manage 6 weekly sessions,

it will do me good to immerse myself in a new environment other than home . I’m hoping that it will rebuild my confidence because at the moment, I just feel a bit lost.  I  feel like I’ve been through so much since August and it is only now that it’s hitting me and it’s tough, but I have got to start somewhere. If the course is too much, I will postpone until I feel a bit more emotionally stable.

Hugs to all

Sunnydaze xx

Highlighted

Hi LB

Hopefully you will be ok with H and P. I’m a week in and seem ok so far. 🤞it continues.

Take care xx

Highlighted

Hi kc72

Hope you feel ok. I guess in some ways it must be nice feeling that you can get back to some normality but scary at the same time. 

Have you booked onto a moving forward course? Xx

Highlighted

Hi DiKat I can’t tell if my nails have gone black as I kept them painted dark plum the whole time, but they are sore and if I press them some of them weep 🥴 I do feel that without the polish they might lift off 😟 How are the side effects with your Herceptin and Pertuzumab treatment? I spoke to my nurse today and she’s pretty confident that without the Docetaxol I won’t get anything to bother me too much. As I have been so sick and had so many horrible se’s with the docy I am still very anxious- next session on Tuesday 🤞🤞🤞🤞

hugs to all

LB xxx🤗🤗🤗🤗

Highlighted

Dikat enjoy pampering this week - you deserve it. Hope it makes you feel better in body and spirit. 

Sunnydaze did you enjoy your LGFB session? 

So having had my appt. today that’s me on Tamoxifen for foreseeable. They did a blood test to check my hormone status for benchmark figure and will do another further down the line to see where I am menopausally. Chemo killed my periods but if they come back, then I will need ovarian suppression (injections) but till then the chemo has done me a favour so I don’t need to worry about injections or ovary op for now. While I’ve never had children through choice I still feel quite attached to them! 

Was very weird leaving the hospital today as now I am on tablets, bar any unmanageable side effects that’s me not needing to see the onc for 6 months.

So went into work this afternoon and having been off work since end August after my very first op it’s back to work for me...

Highlighted

Hope you’ve enjoyed today Sunnydaze.

Ive just had a call from the alternative therapist at my local hospital. She’s booked me in for Thursday morning to do an assessment followed by first treatment. Think I’m going to try reflexology based on your recommendations. Turning out to be a pampering week 😀 xx

Highlighted

All of my finger and toe nails  have gone brown at the top- it's very strange- I look like I'm smoking 100s a day - but the new growth looks very weak and pink. I've had mine painted dark blue most of the time. 

They'll grow back like our hair won't they 🙂

Highlighted

Hi all

Some of my toenails are coming through black where there is new growth. Finger nails are absolutely fine. I didn’t paint my nails at all during chemo. Used poly balm whilst having T but nowhere near as often as they recommended. Has anyone else got this?

xx

Highlighted

Thanks KC72

Good luck with your Onc today. I will be interested to know the choice of Hormone therapy. I see mine on Friday, a bit nervous. Hope your meeting goes well xx

Highlighted

Morning all 

Yes i suffered with leg pain on the T, and like Dikat and Sunnydaze walking helped. Thought resting would help but for me being upright and moving was better and night time laying down worst. I too used Epsom salts in bath daily which eased it. 

Sunnydaze enjoy your course today - and your trip to Edinburgh. Dikat enjoy yours tomorrow. 

Good tip re reflexology and hormone balancing. Will look into, thank you. Like others have mentioned on here I’m definitely having hot moments but am less troubled at night - it’s during the day my temp gets tropical then drops off away to being cold, and then repeat, repeat! 

Am currently waiting for my onc appt so we can talk hormone therapy. 

Have a good day all. 

KC72 xx

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

Yep, I got/get the heavy legs too. Walking has definitely helped me. I’ve been making myself walk 8000 steps everyday, on top of normal activities. I feel good pushing myself and it has helped.

The soreness has been more my calfs.  My feet have been  and are still really  sore, ( a pre existing problem)  ibruprofen definitely helps. I also bath in an Epsom bath and Magnesium Salts and Himalayan Salts with aromatherapy oils.  Ha ha, in for a penny, in for a pound.🤣🤣They have a really good and cheap range in Home Bargains if there is one near you, so I hoovered up half the range!!!

G, I’m so sorry to hear about your hair and how so very upsetting that must have been for you. Really galling, especially if you weren’t expecting it. I have found it desperately upsetting losing my hair, totally defeminising, so I feel for you if you have had long hair all of your life and it’s one of your beautiful assets. Remember you are still beautiful inside and out and your hair will grow back.❤️❤️ This happened to my friend and hers grew back into the lively rich, thick and  auburn colour than it was before. 

My hair is making very slow progress, a wee fuzz but it’s coming in white/silver/grey. Mmmm. I wasn’t quite ready to go grey yet. I’ll have to put one of those purple hues on it or something to look cool. Anyone else having to deal with grey hair? 

Im hopping on the train this morning up to Maggies for my LGFB course, thanks for the good wishes Dikat. Thinking of you tomorrow too, when you do yours. I’m going up shortly into town and going to do a cafe lunch and a tiny wee bit of shopping. First time in Edinburgh since my first round of chemo!!!

Yesterday I had my massage. I chose reflexology, which I didn’t know anything about,but it was amazing. It was very relaxing and apparently helps to balance my hormones...boy do they need balancing. It involved massaging my feet. Which was great for my sore feet too.

To my delight, I am entitled to a treatment course of 6 free massages!!!   I am going to alternate between body massage and reflexology. The charity works in collaboration with the NHS. It’s a local charity called Lavender Touch. Anyway ladies, if you haven’t sorted out any free massages yet. I urge you to look into it, in your area because it is a wonderful bit of self care.

i also threw myself into the 5:2 diet yesterday. My first day of 500 calories. I thought I was going to chew my elbow off by the end of the evening, but I did it!!! I’m a girl who loves her food, but I got organised and made as filling as possible meals. Small bowl of porridge and fruit. Homemade yellow split pea and veg soup (delicious) and ratatouille. 3 meals coming in in total at 516 calories. I did it😊 This morning I have woken up feeling much less foggy headed, definitely more alert. Next fast day is Thursday and surprisingly this morning I don’t have a monster appetite, which is good news.

Ok lovely ladies, enjoy your day. I hope chemo goes ok for both of you Stuck at 14 and G. One more push for you. G we all feel for you and will encourage you the best we can.

Big hugs

SDxxx

Highlighted

Thanks G and Dikat. Reassuring as always to know we have similar symptoms. I've a full head of fluff too but wasmt every successful with the root powder stuff. I've got a couple if gigs 3 weeks after last T so I'm hoping for some hair then 🙂

Highlighted

Hi All. 

I’m suffering from heavy legs and trouble walking. Also getting out of breath. I’m two weeks post last Taxol. 

My hair is growing back but very slowly. 

Highlighted

Hi Stuck at 14 and G

Yes I’m with you on the heavy legs. It will be 4 weeks after my last T tomorrow and still feeling it, particularly in my thighs when climbing stairs. I guess it’s something that will improve over time. 

Good luck for your final chemo stuck at 14 and your penultimate one G.

Regarding the hair G, my head hair started to come back on T and luckily has remained so far. Eyebrows and lashes still continue to fall out and almost non existent now. 

Sunnydaze, enjoy your LGFB.

Hi to everyone else, hope you’ve all managed something positive over the weekend 🤗💕

Highlighted

Hi Stuck at 14, all my limbs feel heavy too.  I am 2 docetaxel down and 2 more to go, third at end of the week.  I am trying to keep as active as my energy allows as this seems to help a little but it is getting harder and harder. If you find anything helpful let me know.  I imagine a soak in Epsom salts could be quite nice, I do have some so may give this a go.   Good luck with your last one, very excited for you!!! 

Also my hair had started to come back in quite considerably over the last few weeks which I know can happen on this chemo drug (eyebrows and eyelashes thinning out considerably also as expected). However over the weekend my buzz cut of a style started to come out again, not sure why but it really hit me, probably more than the first time round after first infusion of EC and cold capping didn’t work and my forever long hair was coming out by the handful and I decided to go for the shave.  Anyone else had this on docetaxel? Every time I touch my head I am covered and I can just pull it out with total ease again (not doing this but you know what I mean).  My head also feels uncomfortable like the first time.  

Big hugs everyone xx 

Highlighted

Hope everyone had nice weekends and lots of you are enjoying some respite in the gap between chemo and rads. 

Just wondered if many of you suffered with really tired, heavy legs at all? I'm just about to have last docetaxol and the last week ibe had an awful cough and such heavy tired legs I'm walking funny. 

🙂

Highlighted

DiKat thankyou for the update 🤞 xx

Highlighted

Hurray Dikat 🙌 Really looking forward to it.  I bet you are too!

I’ve got a free massage with Lavender Touch tomorrow, via GP referral  (a cancellation) LGFB on Tuesday. Definitely a pampering week 😊

Sunnydaze xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Sunnydaze 💕

Good to hear you’re having an ok day today and not needed a nap. I think the up and down feelings are normal. It doesn’t help when you’re not sleeping well does it. At least we’ve got our LGFB to look forward to this week xxxx

Highlighted

Really pleased you’re out of hospital LB. That’s great news🙌 I hope you are enjoying your day!

Ahhh Dikat, I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling rubbish again. It is really tough dealing with the end of chemo. I’m a bit up and down, but today, I feel ok and haven’t needed a nap, so that’s a break through. I am pleased you are booking a night away from it all with your man. Go and enjoy yourselves and forget everything for s while, you deserve it.

Hugs to all 

Sunnydaze xxx😘

Highlighted

Pleased you got a good nights sleep LB. Day 5 after Herceptin/Pertuzumab infusion and no major side effects to report so far so 🤞still feeling really tired and mood is very changeable but think that is after effects of chemo rather than H & P. Will keep you posted. Take care of yourself 🤗 xx

Highlighted

Yay !!!! I got home and slept in my own bed last night - it feels like a small victory 🤣🛌 The diagnosis this time is neutropenic fevers and Mucositis - who knew these things existed 🥴 we are certainly learning more than we wanted to know with this lot eh🥴 for the sore mouth I was prescribed some bio extra gel - very good stuff - a little like Bonjela but without the nasty sting and of course Fluconazole for the oral thrush again 😏 I hope that i’m done with these Se’s for a few days and then start again with the next round of Herceptin and Pertuzumab 😏 🤞 fingers crossed they won’t be so bad without the docetaxol. 

Hugs to all all going through this 🤗🤗🤗🤗

LB xx

Highlighted

Ha ha, coy and seductive. I’ll have to try it 🤣

xx

Highlighted

Hi sunnydaze, join me in getting the fan out being all coy and seductive behind it....in my dreams....reality bold, dripping with sweat, flushed and a bit puffy!! 

Yeah the ladycare magnet thing I was looking at...heard mixed reviews but I think anything is worth a go.

I am struggling with taking vitamins at moment, I can’t face anything that isn’t a medical tablet that I must take for some reason, psychological I know but all the same I can’t.

My BC was 100% oestrogen too so maybe that is why.  

I am hoping to get through the next two rounds of chemo and then start the tamoxifen and see how I go and then attack it with everything on the market if still carrying on!!! 

Have a good day fanning away!!

G xx 

Highlighted

Hi G

Thanks for your reply. Glad it’s not just me, but really I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy . What the hell have we done to get all of this thrown at us?  Bald, weight gain, flushes/sweats, faced with a close up view of our own mortality... etc etc ..It truly is the pits.

The fan is a good idea, we have one too,  somewhere tucked away, a left over from  the Spanish lady outfit in the dressing up box.😊

I am taking a Starflower oil and Evening Primrose combo from Holland and Barrett’s, don’t think they are making a jot of difference though!

Do you Mean one of those ladycare magnet things?  That might be worth a try. I’m getting desperate !

I did order a pair of wicking , breathable pjs from M&S, they are ok and help a bit, but not brilliant.

i am also cutting right down on caffeine. I think that makes it worse. Yes, I truly hope these night sweats in particular calm down. I have tolerated them for a couple of chemo cycles and already at my wits end. I’m beginning to dread going to bed. Oh, I also sleep with a small window open and that helps.

I wonder if this is worse because my bc was very highly oestrogen? 

Anyway, onwards and forwards ....🙁

Sunnydaze xx

Highlighted

Hey Sunnydaze, just responding to the night time sweats...it’s a big yes from me! 43 now and this darn chemically induced menopausal hot flushes and night time sweats is truly horrendous...I now carry one of my girls fans they used to have in their dressing up box...it’s mine now! And night time is just awful....I will spare u the details but really not good!! No idea what we can do to help, was thinking about one of those lady care menopause things...any views???? Tamoxifen for 10 years beckons....god help the rest of the world if this is only the start of it 😱😂xx 

Highlighted

Hi Stuck at 14

It was me that asked. I am technically a Secondary English Teacher too, but I changed to Special Education quite early on in my career. I currently work in a unit attached to a primary school supporting kids with additional needs. I like it, but it’s quite stressful. I did work full time prior to diagnosis, but I’m only going back 2 and a half days. I can’t hack anymore. I have two girls 12 and 15 and they still need me, although they are pretty independent these days. My main interest is being a Mum, teaching comes secondary to that.

It is so tough going back to work and I will find it hard even though I have now been teaching 24 years. It reminds me of the lack of confidence I felt returning after Mat leave. It was tough, but doable. If you want to do it, you will be able to do it with lots of support. You should be entitled to a phased return, I know I am. If it’s not the right job for you, no one can take away your qualification and another job will turn up when the time is right. I have had a few years out when my kids were wee, when it all got a bit too much and I didn’t regret it!  It was lovely being there for them.

My line manager ( in the unit) has been very supportive and I have met up with her a couple of times. I can’t say the same for my HT in the mainstream school though. I saw him in M&S and I started chatting to him and he didn’t recognise me!!🤣🤣🤣 He thought I was someone else. I’d only been working there for 7 years!  However, he did text me that night and apologise profusely. As you can see I like to make an impact 🤣🤣🤣 Who said I was only a number...

So, I’m not in a rush to get back and it will be so tough, but if I don’t try to go back I will lose some of my self worth, I think, but that’s just me. Part time hours won’t be so bad....

Anyway enough about me. Is anyone else having night sweats?  I am being plagued with them. It’s getting to the point where it’s disturbing my sleep. Really uncomfortable. I guess given I am now 50 the chemo has thrown me in to a chemical menopause. It will be interesting to see what hormone therapy the onc decides for me next week. Tamoxifen or an AI.

Sunnydaze xx

Highlighted

Hi I cant remember who asked- but I'm a secondary English teacher- 3 days since being a mum. I'm absolutely terrified about going back to work- they havent really stayed in touch with me, dont seem to want me to rush back. Are people in contact with work, thinking about it etc. I've never stopped to be honest. 

Highlighted

LB, have everything crossed for you that you are going home today. 

Marykamille, hope you get to enjoy your break away and change of scene. Hope it gives you a lift. 

And Kip - read the article you posted. Thanks for sharing that and your advice along with Shi. It’s a really good analogy the whole rollercoaster🎢. Yesterday I managed to book a place on moving forward course in August in Guildford, which I feel will be something positive and practical to help me. Thanks for the tips both. 

Hope you ladies get to enjoy at least a bit of what you fancy or enjoy this bank holiday weekend. 

KC72

Highlighted

That’s a great improvement on your bloods LB. 🤞you will be going home. Good luck xx

Highlighted

Hi maryKamille

sorry to hear about your hospital admission. Your break away will do you good. Even with low energy levels, like you say, it’s just about a change of scenery sometimes. 

I’m trying to book a night away for me and my hubby next weekend, just a change of scenery before my surgery. Sad thing is I’m checking for places not too far from a hospital with an a&e department just in case! Health anxiety at it’s worst I’m afraid 😟 

Take care and have a great time xx

Highlighted

I have had 2 Herceptin and Pertuzumab with the Docetaxel - the latter apparently causing all these side effects which have me in the hospital - again. I just saw my oncologist and she reassured me that Herceptin and Pertuzumab are not so bad. 😏 the good news is that my bloods have gone up from 0.004 to 6.00 so if my temperature goes down I’ll go home later. 

LB🤗

Highlighted

Hi DiKat and all you other lovely ladies

Just got home from hospital yesterday and am totally out of touch with all your posts. Sorry but I don't know how to do a general post here but often post to DiKat so hope she does not mind! This is for her, too.

I was emergency admittance on 18th April with neutropenic sepsis. My neutrophils were 1.3 then but 2 days later they were rather shocked to admit I had gone down to zero. 

Endless antibiotics of course and 2 blood transfusions to kick start the neutrophils. Lost a lot of weight.

We are off today on a pre-booked holiday for a week. Not too far away and although energy levels are very low it will be good to have a complete change of scenery.

Catch up with you all when I return and lots of hugs and good wishes to you all.

Highlighted

Thanks for the article Kip. I’m sure it resonates with all of us. Even though I’m not at the end of treatment yet, I’m already having a lot of those thoughts....felt in a really odd mood the last couple of days, can’t seem to shake off fears about the future! Trying to focus on one day at a time. Macmillan nurse has recommended maybe seeing a psychologist sooner rather than later so I’m considering that.

LB and Jayne. Had my first Herceptin and Pertuzumab on Wednesday so will let you know how things go with Se’s. My taste had started to improve but my mouth has felt slimy again the last couple of days, really hope that doesn’t continue. Also, one of the things that’s really getting me down is that my feet and ankles have started to swell. I know that type of swelling can be heart related so worried that Herceptin is the culprit and they might stop it! Worry, worry, worry!!!

Good to see so many people are back using the forum but sorry to read so many are having problems. Guess it’s just the rollercoaster of the treatment. Sorry I haven’t replied individually, but am genuinely thinking about you all. Take care everyone. Love and hugs 💕

Highlighted

LB, I read those SEs too and am worried. 

Highlighted

Are any of you having Herceptin and what sort of side effects occur? I have just looked them up and some of the side effects I thought were down to the Docetaxel are listed. I don’t want any more sore mouth and not eating 😟 and ending up in hospital 🥴 

LB x