69244members
363570posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Re: w, Re: Anyone starting Chemo in December 2018?

Thanks Anniej, loads of useful information there 💕💐

Wow LB2, back at work and in meetings. I can't imagine doing that so soon. I really don't want to go back, although I ha e surgery to come yet so I don't have to, but I'm well impressed that you can concentrate. It takes me ages to find the right words to say to someone x

Community Champion
Community Champion

Big ❤️❤️❤️❤️To you all 😘😘you make my heart 😁so much at how you 👭👭❤️❤️Each other. Dikat, concentrate on you for now lovely. What happens with your husbands job happens, it can be fixed if it does happen, there are lots of jobs and he might try something totally different if it does happen. The creams are for rads absolute Annie, dr organics aloe Vera and tea tree gel and dr organics aloe Vera with witch hazel and calendula were my go tops, but others have used e45, moo goo, Aveno, it’s a case of try them and see what suits you 👍keep one in fridge and one in handbag and slap it on regular during rads 👍 😘😘💕💕Shi xx

Community Champion

Hi Diktat, I had a lumpectomy plus WLE two years ago. Like you, I initially thought I was having some nodes removed, but on the day of the op my surgeon said that I was having a full node clearance (WLE) as 3/5 biopsies had tested positive for the same cancer as the boob. Another blip on the cancer journey! An incision is made into the armpit, sort of like a half moon, and the lymph nodes are removed . I’m afraid it’s a bit of a smash and grab procedure as the effort is put into cleanly and clearly removing the breast tumour. You don’t want to go back in for a shave if the surgeon doesn’t get clear margins. The nodes look like spaghetti , all tangled up, so unless it is the sentinel node there’s no finesse in sorting things out. I had 15 nodes, and we all have varying numbers. Who knew?! I had a drain in, which was a bit of a nuisance. You’ll need a little canvas shopper to tote it around with you when you go to the loo etc. You’ll need to work out clothing which the tube will fit through, especially I recommend a soft crop top, nothing firm or tight. My drain was in for 5 days and it drained very well, so no probs, except forgetting it was in and yanking on it getting my knickers down, or trying to turn over in bed. The district nurse came in daily to check on my wounds and measure the discharge . The dressings were changed also. I found one of those V shaped pillows a must for keeping me propped upright and not rolling onto my tube. My hubby moved out and left the bed to me for comfort.Your little shopper is ace for holding your bits and pieces as you recover from your op. I was in as a day patient and was first down and first home. I borrowed my granddaughters ❤️ shaped pillow to put on my chest so the seat belt didn’t cut into my wounds. You will be given exercises to do as the wound will tighten up and you don’t want movement restricted, especially if you are having rads where you will need arms above head. As the nerves are cut you will also feel numb on your back and under arm. This gradually recovers, but is a little unsettling, and painful as nerves reconnect. When the surgeon okd it, I used bio oil to smooth out the wounds under my arm, and on my breast. Hope this helps. Big deep breaths, you’ve come this far and you’ll manage this ok. 💐🍀 x

Pastamissus, stuck at 14 & absolutelyannie

thank you to you all for your input, appreciate all the tips and info about your personal experiences 💕

Shia

whats with the Dr Organics - think I blinked and missed an important tip.  I was told to use coconut oil on my skin and was really pleased with myself for finding a small pot in Holland and Barretts yesterday.  However, it is a semi-solid lump and I cannot read the directions on the jar. 

Dr Organics seemed to be shampoos and I am still quite bald.  I will probably use baby shampoo if I ever get any hair back as it seems to be very slow in coming back.  

Dikat

Sorry to hear about the change in plan for your surgery.  I just take each stage as it comes.  my surgeon has told me that he may have to do further surgery - something about taking away 1cm from around the tumour then if necessary he may have to operate again.  I really didn't understand the reason for the possibility of a second op.  

However,  you have got to put your trust in the surgeon and the team as they know best.  

Sorry to hear about your husband but there is life after redundancy. 

I was made redundant in 2017, got this B***H of a disease in 2018 but hoping 2019 will mean it is cured and got rid of.  Then in 2020 at the ripe old age of 55 I gotta get a job.  Plenty though to keep me busy in the mean time. 

Hygienist appointment tomorrow and after T my mouth is a mess. 

Chin up Dikat and as Shia says throw the kitchen sink at it.  This day week both of us will have got over another hurdle and probably will be very sore!!!!!

Hi Dikat- it's already been said but just chucking my experience in too- I had full  node clearance with my mastectomy and was told to do the exercises 'forever' ! It seemed dramatic but now I see it as a daily pilates stretch now which is lovely- and the need to keep our skin moisturised isnt suchba bad thing either- I use a lovely neom oil when i can.  4 days post last chemo here so pretty woozy but to everyone about to have ops- I'm sure you'll feel the relief that the rest if us did after ours- regardless of how many nodes. They will take as many out as they need to and  I was glad to have all of mine taken. 

Hugs xxx

I had a mastectomy with sentinal node biopsy, then had to go back for full node clearance. I've not had any problems with lymphoedema or cording. Do the exercises regularly, and keep them up for some weeks after you have full movement. If you start feeling tight across the chest, do them again. You will get a bit of nerve damage with the op - they can't avoid it. But it's not the nerve to the muscles, it's the nerve that supplies sensation. After my op I was numb all across my exboob site (no reconstruction) but had a burny kind of feeling on the inside of my upper arm. That's nerve pain. It wasn't sore, just irritating. It went away after a few weeks. I'm still numb across the chest and that's going to be permanent. I was surprised by how unpainful my chest was post-op. Much much less painful than any abdominal op. And a drain is OK as long as you remember to pick it up and take it with you 🙂

Hi G and KC72

Thank you both for your lovely kind words. Can honestly say that all of you have given me a lift today. Felt quite down this morning but all of your comments have helped me through this. Really appreciate all of you ladies 💕💐💕💐💕💐💕💐💕💐💕💐

Oh Dikat, you are no negative Nancy! Hope you feel a bit brighter now some of the lovely ladies on here have posted replies.

Think the others have already said but lymphodema info is so you are aware just in case. I had sentinel nodes out first and because I had 1 naughty node, I had a full clearance when I had mastectomy and recon op. Both times I did my exercises - you get a leaflet - and had no probs. Sounds like your surgeon has your best interests sorted by going in once and taking them all out on one go. 

Hope everything works out for your husband and you re his job. Your night away sounds lovely - my husband and I went to Dalby Forest a couple of years ago and it was covered in snow, the dog loved it as did we 😊

take care and will be thinking of you Thursday. 

KC72 x

Hey DiKat, bless you, the shifting plan is something I don’t think we can ever get our head round.  I really hope you manage to get some answers to help you understand everything though.  I have no knowledge here to give you regarding node stuff, I just wanted to remind you how far you have come and you will get through this.  Big hugs for you and your hubbie xx 

Hello Sunnydaze 

So pleased for you that you had a great meet with your onc. Am sure the rads will give you peace of mind and help you with your recovery. Good to chuck the lot at it before you move on and that’s so good you have a referral to the prof to help you too. 

Enjoy getting back into the swing and swim of things!

KC72 xx

Thanks for your kind words LB2 and LB.

Glad that your return to work is going smoothly LB2 and you have started your rads. Like you say, on the home straight now 💕

Will check out the Asda pj’s LB, thanks 💕

Oh and by the way I got some great pyjamas from Asda that have pockets inside especially for drains for after surgery. 

LB xxx

Good luck with your surgery DiKat 🤗 I am following this forum closely and I can’t say strongly enough how much help everyone has been with their suggestions and experiences. I am now finished with chemo but still going for Herceptin and Pertuzumab and will be having surgery in the near future - date yet to be arranged. One of my main worries is lymphodemia 😟 I had no idea about nerve damage and so on so I am pleased to be forewarned. 

Hugs to all 🤗🤗

LB xxxx

Such a shame they have changed the goalposts again DiKat. I only had 5 nodes removed and went to a talk on lymphodema afterwards and they said risk is pretty low for everyone but it doesn't matter how many lymph nodes you have removed, you are at no more risk with full node clearance. I can't get my head around that but that's what she said, check with your nurse. Agree with what the others have said re numbness and doing the exercises.

I started radiotherapy today, lucky I went straight in with no waiting. So I am on the home straight now. I also went back to work properly last week, two customer meetings and into our office for the first time for a meeting. I have to say I was a bit nervous, especially going into the office rocking my headband. I have been working from home up until now. But everyone was so lovely, said how great I look, sure they were being nice but it felt good to hear. Hope that offers some reassurance for those in the same boat.

I was made redundant 3 years ago, luckily walked straight into a new job (part-time which I wanted) and still have a healthy bank balance to show for it. If it does happen to your husband I hope he is as lucky. 

Enjoy the sunshine if you have some and hope all goes well on Thursday DiKat, LB2 x 

Everything is such a pile of 💩, but at least we’re in it together!!! And that does help, although you would never wish it on anyone xx

Thank you for your lovely uplifting message Sunnydaze. You always manage to put a positive slant on things. 💕💐

Don't know what I would do without you all on this forum. Heartfelt thanks ❤️

Hi Dikat,

First of all, I’m glad you had a lovely weekend away. Well deserved ❤️ 

Im sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit all over the place this morning. You poor thing. It never rains, but it pours hey 😥.I’m not surprised to be honest, that’s such a lot to take in, especially when you are feeling anxious about surgery. They’ve really moved the goal posts for you and that’s hard to deal with and takes a bit of mental adjustment, but you’ll get there, just as you have done  so bravely throughout.   💪 💪💪💪  You can do this x

I know you must be feeling terribly disappointed, but  at least you can think they are being cautious and doing everything they can to make sure you don’t ever have to deal with a recurrence.  They are being Uber cautious because they want you to survive and we are SURVIVORS. ❤️❤️🙏💕💕 As Shi says, they  are throwing the kitchen sink at it!!! After surgery you will know that they have done everything they possibly can to minimise your risk and that’s a good thing. It will help settle your mind and help you to move on - cancer free.😊🤞❤️

God damn it, we do get side effects from this very harsh treatment. I didn’t have a full clearance, but I still get a wee bit of nerve pain and numbness, but it gets better. Lymphodema is a worse case scenario. If you do the exercises and like Drummerswidow says look after your arm, you’ll be ok

I’m also so sorry to hear that your hubby is threatened with redundancy, that’s such a worry for you. I hope it doesn’t come to that. It’s really gauling when he’s worked there so long. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen and if it does, I hope something good comes out of it all.

Sending you big hugs today Dikat. Go out and enjoy the sunshine lovely lady.

😊❤️😘💪💕😎

Thanks for the info Drummerswidow. It really is appreciated. The Macmillan nurse said she will go through the lymphedema side of things with me on Wednesday so hopefully I will get a better understanding then. The rollercoaster continues 💕xx

Hi DiKat.

Glad you had a good weekend. I think you have every right to feel a negative Nancy!!

I had full node clearance when I had my mastectomy. In the first instance you will have pins and needles where your arm has been positioned. Also numbness in that arm where they may have gone through nerves. This and some shooting pains will last quite some time and is to be expected.

You will be at risk of lymphoedema but they will discuss this with you. Breast cancer care have a good leaflet. My breast cancer nurse referred me to the lymphoedema nurse. I don’t have lymphoedema fortunately but I make sure I look after my arm! Hope this is helpful and hasn’t scared you 💩less! 

It’s a shame you haven’t had time to get your head around the surgery but you will be fine. Xxx

Morning everyone 

Managed a lovely night away on Saturday at a gorgeous B&b in Dalby Forest near Pickering. 

Unfortunately today I’m feeling down and like everything is out of control. Surgery is this Thursday, all explained and consent signed. I find out this morning that I have got to go back and see surgeon Wednesday as things have changed. Apparently the Oncologist has told the surgeon I should have a full node clearance not just the 4 removed as she was planning. Day case has changed to overnight and will now need a drain. Apparently this is all because of how I presented in the first place and with me being Her2 +. My head is spinning. Can anyone who has had full clearance help me out with what to expect please. Also, hubby got told he is at risk of redundancy but won’t find out until June. He has worked for the company since he was 19, coming up 33 years...means diddly squat nowadays, things can be done for far less money in India 😞 Sorry for being negative Nancy today xx

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope you’ve been practicing different looks with your Lgfb goody bags 😁😁it’s amazing what tips you get that can make your makeup look 👍👍dikat 😘😘👭👭you can wear your wig and they will remove prior to op and then you can have it put back on in recovery room before you go back to the ward 👍you just do what you want amazing lady 👍👍and you are such a glamour puss anyway, I didn’t look amazing like you do when I’d got my boiled egg head going on 😘💕Shi xx

Thank you Shi and Dikat,

I will have  look at that Dr Organix one Shi. I like the thought of cooling aloe. Thanks for pointing me in the right directions. Ha ha, I don’t possess a kaftan. I’ll have to go on the hunt for some retro Abigail’s party job. Or failing that Ive got a flouncy Adam and the Ants  “Stand and Deliver” style top🤣  

Thanks for your kind words Dikat. I feel happy tonight. A big sense of relief. I even had a glass of wine , my first since November and I enjoyed it too. We are nearly at the end of our treatment and it feels good.

Sunnydaze xx

Hi Sunnydaze

sounds like you have had a really productive meeting with your onc. I’m pleased you have decided on the RT if you feel that is right for you based on what you have discussed.

The professor referral sounds great. Good to know you are getting additional support 😊

I bet you were really happy about the swimming. Hopefully it will make you feel a little like the old you, doing something you love 💕 xx

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sunnydaze, I used dr organic aloe Vera and tea tree gel and also the witch hazel one from Holland and Barrett, it’s what suits your skin, again we are all different and people have had success with moo goo, e45, Aveno too, you just have to see. Keep one in fridge at home and one in handbag and slap it on, keep slapping in for about 6 weeks after too. Get a little vest top, no bras and go into kaftan mode at home as much as you can, get air to your skin 😘😘💕💕Shi xx

Re high calcium, there are lots of things that can give you that, and i am sure they will have checked your parathyroid hormone levels to work out it is your parathyroids causing it rather than bony spread

Hello ladies

I have just returned from seeing my oncologist. I took my pathology report with me. Dikat and Absolutely Annie, you can ask for your path report after surgery if you want it.  I have found it useful having mine, although you can scare yourself daft when you start looking up the medical terms etc.

I went through the report with my onc  because I was worried about recurrence. She explained things really clearly to me and explained I was a low to moderate risk of recurrence, so that  has helped me a lot mentally. Of course no one has a crystal ball and it’s just a fear we will all have to live with. Anything can happen and I realise that, but you’ve got to hope for the best.🤞

I discussed radiotherapy with her and she said it was a really grey area for me. I decided by the end of the meeting to go for it, after we talked it through in detail.  I feel personally relieved to be having radiotherapy, so it must be the right decision I have Made. As Shi says, you’ve got to throw the kitchen sink at it, knowing that you have done everything you can to stop it coming back. I think it will personally give me peace of mind and help me to move on. I will start treatment at the end of May. So I had better get some of that cream ordered that Shi recommended. What was it called? Dr Aloe? I will have a 50 mile round trip for 3 weeks. I’m going to be 💤 tired.

The Onc also prescribed me with Tamoxifen and I will probably move to Letrazole in a couple of years time. Deep joy. Not. At least, it will act as a bit of an insurance policy to help prevent recurrence, although there are no guarantees in this life. I now realise this little fact.....😥

I don’t have to start taking Tamoxifen until mid August, so at least it will give my body a little rest and my hair more of a chance to grow back in.

The Onc has also referred me to some professor at the hospital who specialises in helping patients deal with their personal fear of recurrence, so I’m pleased about that.

Finally, my Onc says I can safely go swimming 🏊‍♀️ again next week. I’m so so happy about this. This will then be 4 weeks after my last chemo. I will have  to stop for radiotherapy, but i haven’t swam since surgery in November and I cannot wait. I’m a real water babe.

So that’s me !

I hope everyone has had a good day and that you get to do something lovely this weekend.

Big hugs and thanks for being out there my fellow breast cancer warriors. You are the best!

Sunnydazexxx😘

Hi Absolutelyannie and G and Dikat.

Thank you for your comments.

Just goes to show we’re all having different treatment for our cancer. 

Took myself off for a manicure at lunchtime. Beauticians is only 5 minutes away. Just about managed to walk there. This fatigue is a bummer!! Still got nice plum coloured nails and everyone said I looked better and well. 

Drummerswidow

good to see you back on here. Yes it is sentinel node biopsy.  Hope you keep your chin up.  Difficult as this is a real rollercoaster of a journey.. Difficult to accept that we are relying on other people to know what is best for us.  

Dikat

Yes as far as I know the first node will be tested while I am under GA.  If there is cancer then the rest (don't know how many) will be removed.  Sentinel node biopsy.

I was told I may need a drain.  Fingers crossed that there is no cancer found. Surgeon said because EC worked so well for me that he doesn't think that the cancer has spread to lymph nodes.  I have been told that from the start but he did say he could not rule it out until he has tested one. 

What worries me is that before BC I was being treated for high blood calcium and am due to have Parathyroid surgery as soon as possible.  I read that high blood cancer is due to cancer in the bones and if this is the case then it goes back to 2012 as this was when it was originally picked up.  Hope all goes well for you 

Hi DiKat, I think you have to wait quite a few months for microblading when I enquired about trying to get it done prior to be honest, so not going to be a quick fix.  Big hugs xx 

Dikat, I thought during surgery they injected a blue dye into the tumour site and then this would find its way to the nodes. If the nodes went blue, cancer was to be anticipated, but they cant confirm until the pathologists report, 3 weeks later. I think some hospitals are able to do an immediate diagnosis of infected nodes if a pathologist is in the theatre. I had to wait 3 weeks for my report. I didn’t need a full clearance. 3 nodes removed, 1 with a micromet. They previously didn’t think any of my nodes were infected.

Drummerswidow, sorry to hear about 

the acne on your face. Chemo is the gift that keeps on giving right!🤣My face is red most of the time and the steroids have given me a bit of a moon face. Harrumph.

Oooft, I’ve just looked up microblading. Looks too painful for me. I’ll just wait until they come back in naturally I think.  I’ve currently got about 20% of my devil darks left, they’re just  a shadow of their former self. Until then, I’ll continue to give it big licks with my eyebrow pencil. Now I know what to do.

It is very hard if you are known at your local hospital Dikat. It would have been the same for me, but I had my surgery out of area, so it was grand. 

I work in a small community and it’s full of “curtain twitchers” having a good nose into your business, but at the same time they are often so happy to help out and be very caring. It’s a double edged sword. The community is nice, the nosing isnt🤣🤣

Have a grand day everyone. Hopefully it’s going  to get warmer again. It’s been blooming freezing up here these last few days. 

Sunnydaze xx

Thanks for your good wishes kc72 and drummerswidow

Hopefully the spots won’t be around too long. I had them on my cheeks a couple of weeks ago and got some broken veins on my face. That was a good look!

Might take my wig to hospital with me just in case, good idea.

💕xx

Hi absolutelyannie

Good luck to you for the 16th. I have to be there for 7.30am. I am having a general anaesthetic. I’m having a lumpectomy and 4 lymph nodes removed. It will take 3 weeks for the pathology report to be done on the lymph’s so might have to have a clearance at a later date. Surgeon said I won’t need a drain. I had a biopsy done on a node when I was first diagnosed and it tested positive. I have been told all along that multiple nodes are involved so was surprised when the surgeon said she would only be removing 4. Think it’s because the chemo has worked it’s magic! If I don’t have a full clearance, will definitely need radiotherapy. Does your hospital have one of those machines where they can check nodes there and then whilst you are under ga? 💕 xx

Hi G

It is quite liberating to be bald isn’t it! Do you know how long after our last chemo we can have our brows microbladed?

Good idea about the glasses. Mine are supposed to be reading glasses but have found that I’ve started to wear them more as they break my face up if you get what I mean. 

Yes you’re right, other people will be dealing with there own 💩 and anxieties on the day.

💕xx

Hi Sunnydaze 

Knowing my luck I won’t be anonymous. I live in one of those towns where everyone knows everyone. At my LGFB course it turned out the person next to me was my hairdressers Mum. I’d never met her before but as soon as she said she had gone into hospital to have fibroids removed and they had found bowel cancer, I guessed it was her as had heard the story from her daughter.

The red dot shampoo sounds good. Hopefully your hair will start growing back at a faster rate 💕 xx

Good luck for the 16th Absolute Annie and  Dikat!

G, good for you for going outside bald. I’m well impressed. I hate my baldness and can’t really embrace it. Bald in the house, bald when I’m driving and a hat when I’m out and about.

I also wear my glasses or sun glasses a lot G, a good tip, they do a great job of hiding my brows and lashes, or rather lack of  them.

Btw G, I wondered if you are of American or Canadian origin? I just noticed sometimes some of the words you use sound like you come from across the pond.?????😊

KC72, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve got a bit of a cold. I hope it clears up soon. It just shows how weak our immune systems still are. I hope work went ok for you. That’s a big step. Are you doing a phased return? 

Yes, of course I’ll let you know what the Onc decides tomorrow. I’ve got s zillion questions, so I hope she puts my mind at rest 🤞🤞. Your Cancer diagnosis Anniversary is a similar date to mine - 9th August. That was the week from hell hey😱

Onwards and forwards ladies...,

Hi Dikt and Absolutelyannie 

Good luck for your surgery next week.

Dikat you are definitely not being vain. I think we all want to be back to how we were, hair eyelashes, eyebrows and no cancer! I won’t say normal because what is that especially now! ? I have come out in spots! Look like a bloody adolescent teenager! Not a good look at 59. They may let you keep your wig on if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Absolutelyannie, they are probably doing a sentinel node biopsy while you’re under anaesthetic.  This is the first node. I hope that it hasn’t spread as well. I am sure it will all be okay for you. 

Sending virtual hugs hugs to you both xx

Dikat 

Me too. I have surgery on 16th too. A bit apprehensive. Surgeon said he would take out one lymph node and test it.  If cancer is found then all will have to come out.  Then I will have to have a drain which will need to be checked daily.  Hoping it has not spread to lymph nodes. Surgeon has said all along he doesn't think so but cannot say until he examines one. 

I have to leave home at 5am so looking forward to a sleep when I get there!!

My hair is slowly growing back but will eyebrows and eyelashes grow back?   5 weeks after my last chemo and nothing.  I fear my hair will never grow back.  It used to grow so quickly before all this chemo crap. 

I have been on a Look Good Feel Better but just cannot do make up.  

Like you Dikat I will be put on whatever ward they find a bed!!!! so like you dont want be the only cancer patient.  

How come you are a day patient.  I am having a General Anastetic.

Hi Dikat. Hope you’re doing ok? This week till surgery am sure will fly for you. Re your op, know what you mean about looking poorly in front of everyone. As you know I have alopecia, but I was allowed to keep my wig on for all my ops - even in theatre. Know your currently wig-less but don’t know if that helps. 

Sunnydaze - good luck tomorrow for your onc appt. Let us know how you get on if you don’t mind. Hope you get the answers you want. Good luck with your course in Sept. Mine starts 2 August which will be the first anniversary of my cancer diagnosis. 

Am with the others - your LGFB story made me laugh but was so frustrated for you. I too got lots of No7 but all our bags were pretty even except foundations. I ended up with a tinted moisturiser but at that point could really have done with something more akin to a layer of foundation! 

Best wishes to those on last couple of chemos and those motoring on with rads. You’re all superstars 🌟

I’ve picked up a cold so my time in work this week was short lived. Better luck next week! 

KC72 xx

Hi DiKat, That is brilliant news, the start of the next chapter looming 🙌

As for vanity, it is about wanting to look and feel the best we can with every step, it helps us to be kinder to ourselves if we can, not vanity at all honey 🥰

I much prefer to be bald (never expected this in a million years, I was all about the long hair!!) my girls struggle a little on occasions when we are out in some places so I choose to go with their requirements at the time which I fully respect and I can’t believe how blooming well they have adapted to this.  I have hardly worn my wig either, it is beautiful but I feel more conscious and now HOT and I mean this type 🥵!! I love having it though as mentally I have options, bald, scarf, hat, hair and some control over how I look which has been a godsend, not always easy but a godsend all the same! 

As for eyebrows and lashes, l agree, so wish I had had enough time to get microblading but hey ho! Mine are sparse now but I had a lot so I guess to most people it isn’t as obvious...yet, two more to go still, one tomorrow!  I also where my glasses or prescription sunglasses rather than contacts and this takes some of the obviousness away...you could maybe get some cheap glasses with a plain lense in (Claire’s do them I think but there will be other places I suspect ) you can have them as a crux to call on if want, bit like me with my wig although I doubt you will need them, think on the day etc you won’t care, but if you do and that isn’t not vanity or wrong, it is what you feel and need at the time, you have options.  Remember too though that others around will be in their bubble.  Big hugs for whatever you decide G xxxx 

Ooh surgery will soon be ticked off for you Dikat. It’s a really nice feeling knowing that your tumour is no more 😊

I know what you mean about no wig and make up. I am feeling very self conscious re; my baldness these days, more do than during treatment. I go bald at home, but not enough hair yet to go bald outside.

Hold your head up high Dikat and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. At least you will be anonymous. Sometimes i just have to fake my  confidence in difficult situations and it usually helps a lot.

Oh by the way Shi, I bought some of the red shampoo bar from Lush that you recommended. I love it, makes my head tingle, so it must be hitting those follicles.

Sunnydaze xx

So this time a week today ladies, hopefully my surgery will be over🤞

This is going to sound really vain...but one of the things that is bothering me is looking like a cancer patient. I’m going to be on a day surgery ward so there will be a mix of people having various ops. My eyebrows have practically gone now and lashes very sparse. Make up hides some of this normally but obviously I can’t wear any. I feel like I have coped well with the lack of head hair, so much so that I have gone totally wigless since we had the nice weather a few weeks ago. The brows and lashes have really got to me though! 😞

Thanks ladies, it was funny although I wasn’t so impressed at the time. 🤣

Ooh glad you get 6 free massages too Dikat. It’s good innit! 

I took reflexology too, no idea if it’s doing me any good, but it was relaxing. I’m going to alternate between reflexology and massage I think. I could quite get used to this pampering ❤️

😂😂 You’re little story really made me laugh Sunnydaze.

Had my first of 6 complimentary therapies this morning. Chose reflexology as I’ve never had it before. Really enjoyed it, found it very relaxing, strange really as I would have hated anyone touching my feet 6 months ago. 

💕

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi all,

Just had to drop you a line to say your posts regarding the make up kits have really made me laugh..  we were exactly the same on my course.. all checking out what the others had... have to say ours had planned ahead and everyone had identical kits... some No 7 but also some more expensive stuff too, Dolce & Gabana eye liner etc...at least we didn't have to pounce on the lady in the cupboard.... you guys make me laugh!

Hope you are all keeping well and plodding through the rads etc...

Sending hugs

Kip

x

skin OK so far, but it's week 3 and the 2 weeks after when it goes, so don't really know yet. I'm using vaseline intensive care aloe soothe 3 times a day

Hi Ladies,

Glad you had a great day Dikat  and that you didn’t turn back.👍Yes, you do learn a good few make up tips and meet some great girls don’t you! “What’s your name? What’s  Your cancer?” It’s funny how we can be so candid, with each other, but it felt honest and fun for a change 🙂

Ha Ha, Yes. it was the same in my group Dikat!  The two 80 year olds were getting all of the MAC, Urban Decay, Benefit and Lancôme stuff and Issey Miyake perfume. I WAS WELL JEL🤣🤣🤣 but I was also pleased for them.  One of them said she was going to give it to her granddaughter, so that was nice.

However, my Cacharel   and Cover girl didn’t quite cut the mustard after eyeballing 👀 all of their stash! 🤣 Iwas sat next to two lovely ladies and they both got Cover Girl too. We were having a laugh because it took us back to our teenage years and Woolworths. Anyway, I thought to myself, everyone else has got loose pressed powder here ( mostly No. 7) which was very nice,we’ve got Cover Girl. So, I said to the two lovely ladies next to me “I’m going to see if we can exchange this for the No.7 “ At that point there was an assistant rifling in the store cupboard and sorting out the spares. I knew this was my moment to strike, so I asked politely if we could swap. To my absolute delight she agreed and handed the two ladies I was with a Mac pressed powder - WOW - gorgeous and then proceeded to give me a Seventeen pressed powder!!!! I could have cried and I was the one that had done all of the asking too. 😥 She said that’s all she had! I I honestly felt like crying, which made me realise just how hormonal I am.  I successfully hid my feelings though, until I got home and then I cried.

At this point,  I realised  that if I’m getting my knickers in an emotional twist about blooming make up, I was obviously not in a strong position to go on a course dealing with my cancer journey. No way Jose!!  I will deal with the course in the Autumn, I think. 

Ha, ha I can genuinely laugh about it  today and I’m telling you this because it is quite a funny story , but, please don’t get me wrong, I had a lovely afternoon and I am extremely grateful for my enormous goodie bag. LGFB is an amazing charity and we are definitely deserving of their kindness, given all that we are going through.

Dikat, thank you too for your lovely kind words, I was very touched. All I can say is “right back atcha!”

Sunnydaze 😘