62319members
328054posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2018 Chemo Starters

Re: April 2018 Chemo Starters

Hi everyone this is a Gigi update, a bit selfish, it's all about me.
I'm halfway through chemo although Herceptin due to start Mon for a yr. Finished Fec and due to start H and Docetaxel Monday. Have to go an hour and a half early as they need to check my bloods. Atm my blood count is too low for chemo and if it stays the same, chemo will be delayed again. As you know I'm a teacher and checked I was ok to go to school yesterday off today and school have said even if chemo is not on stay home and chill. (I was planning to anyway) but I love that about them. My cleaner came today (finally got one too late for after surgery but good for chemo) She turned up with flowers and chocolates then took me shopping ( she was going shopping too) then met me in a different shop and brought me home. I was so down when I learnt chemo might be delayed again but feeling up again. Partner going away weekend so staying in all weekend (as not immune system ) to chill and watch the world cup. Ironically will then get on a crowed commuter train in rush hour to get to hospital lol!
So the moral of the story for me is ...
#halfway
#don't stress over what you can't control
#grow through what you go through
#Alice: how long is forever?
#White Rabbit: Sometimes just a second
Have a lovely weekend everyone! Take care Gx

Hello all
Thanks for your replies re my friend. It sounds like we have all had similar experiences to some degree.I feel less bothered about her today but I generally feel more balanced today. This week has been an emotional rollercoaster, I’m not sure why but I have been so up and down. It is so draining being upset! I also had a friend who cried when she found out about my diagnosis, well actually she sobbed for about 3 minutes on an answer message, and she’s a nurse! I had to delete the message, I couldn’t listern to it.
On the bright side I just don’t feel tired at all with this cycle, I seem to have so much energy. I am making the most of it whilst trying not to over do it. I’m also struggling with swallowing and heartburn. I can’t eat any hard foods, I’m living off scrambled egg, soup and ice cream and avoiding fruit juice. Hopefully it will be better by Sunday.
I feel I can see a small light at the end of the tunnel with chemo however my thoughts are starting to turn towards surgery. I realise I know nothing and that is a scary. I suppose I’ll pick it up like I have with the rest of this marvellous new world we are living in.
Fiona how did your first docetaxol go? All good hopefully. Is it 7 weekly doses from now?
Hi Wildshell how are you getting on with chemo?
Linda Corrine I’m sorry I don’t really feel in a position to comment on your treatment choices, I would suggest speaking to your team and take their advice.
How are your feet Christine, hope the cream has helped.
Once again we are gardening this weeekend, a more radical project taking some trees down. Obvs I won’t be doing that, just supervising!
Hope the weekend goes well for everyone and that everyone stays well x

Hi everyone not been on for a while life is so fast at the moment.Hope everyone is ok

Have to decide if i should come off the trial.if i do i wont need another biopsy and the oncologist said she would put me on just the drug begining with d that you have after fec usually but on a higher dose so sounds like a no brainer although they will discuss at the MDT meeting. The surgeon wants to shrink the cancer we think hence me doing all chemo before op not just 4 cycles. The ultrasound showed the cancer has not shrunk but that there are marginal changes but as they measure it on the size its unchanged. Any views on if i should come off rosco trial?

The downer seems to be a recurring constant in chemo treatment.  Week 1 is always an alien planet.  I’m glad you are feeling better now, Michelle.  Your friend, for whatever reason, has really let you down when you needed her friendship to be real.  Two of my friends have done something similar.  (I had to comfort one of them who burst into tears when I told her of my diagnosis.)  As a trio we used to meet for lunch but I’ve heard nothing from them and meeting for lunch no longer happens.  I feel as though what seemed a real friendship was actually something quite shallow.  Those who are my friends during cancer treatment have been my lifeline.

Thanks for the reassurance re. docetaxel.  The nausea was horrible this time but today, as though someone had flicked a switch, it was gone.  No meds today.  No one doing macramé with my insides.  Yayyy!!!

I’ve tried the CCS cream and it’s lovely, so I hope it works for you, Christine.

Hope the holiday feeling is still with you, Fiona.  Just getting away from cancerland for a while must have been fabulous.  Puffins a bonus!

Did you get to the cinema, Gygi?

Take care all x

I'm so pleased that you're feeling better today, Michelle. I do wonder if people fail to respond because they are slightly paralised by fear of saying the wrong thing so say nothing and then time passes and they don't know what to say at all .Still, it's disappointing and hurtful at a time when things are difficult enough and from a close friend it stings all the more.
I hope the CT scan went well; I've often sat and thought exactly that same thing, of how my life has inordinately changed over the last 6months but like you, am hoping this will be over by the end of the year and 2019 will be a far less eventful year for us all!

You're quite right, It was so good to be home. My parents are in their 80s so being able to go there is a bit easier than them travelling down and I also got to see my oldest friends which was also lovely. It definitely made the time pass but I must admit I'm more tired and probably did a bit too much. Still, I prefer being tired from too much that was enjoyable.

Thanks for your wishes for tomorrow--keeping my fingers 🤞!

Totally agree that when a day or two or normal arrive we need to make the most of it. I seem to react differently to each cycle. Some are ok and others have me down and very tired. Not what i had expected at all. I expected each one to leave me feeling worse and worse but then i get a good week and after a bad and i make the most of it.

I have found some friends are keeping in touch and others are very quiet but it is a bit of a downer when a close friend seems to be uncaring. There may be things going on in there life or reasons you don't know. If you are down everything seems a big deal and gets exagerated. I am sure we have all been there in the last few weeks.

Some weeks do seem to be spent with a number of days in a hospital waiting for one thing or another. I have found that as everyone else is in the same boat, you do get to chat to people and some of the advise and concern from those who have gone through similar experiences can help a lot.

All the best with the CT result.   

Glad you are on the way to sorting the cracked skin problem Christine and I’m sure you have mixed feelings about one less chemo. I don’t know what is a reasonable time to allow between chemo and your reconstruction, hopefully by August you will feel recovered. I’m sure it will be great to move on to the next stage, are you having radiotherapy at all? I’m pleased you are feeling mentally better, everything is tough when you feel low. I was on a downer yesterday. I think it was due to the steroids, well I’m blaming them for everything else! I found myself thinking about a friend who has barely contacted me since my diagnosis. I though we were good friends. A group of us went to Edinburgh in February for her birthday. I made her a birthday cake. But I haven’t heard from her for a month until this weekend when I invited her and a few others over, she can’t make it which is fine but didn’t even ask how I am doing. She was even told about my recent good results by another friend and hasn’t sent a message about that. I feel really let down by her. I know I shouldn’t waste my emotions trying to figure it out but when you are on a low it’s difficult.
I am feeling more upbeat today and surprisingly have quite a lot of energy, certainly more than this time last cycle. In reality my energy is probably less than my pre chemo self but like you Dorabel I’m grabbing on to every tiny shred of ‘normal’ i can! Hopefully you won’t have the nausea with the Docetaxol, I havent and although there are other side effects to contend with I found the nausea particularly yuk.
I have had my CT scan today, another new experience. I sat in the hospital thinking this is what my life has become, but I must keep it in perspective as hopefully this is just a tough time of my life that will be over by Christmas.
Good to hear from you Fiona, it must have been lovely to have had the break and helped time pass a little quicker. I hope you have had a good day with your friend today and that tomorrow goes well for you.
X

Thank you for the advice and i have just been out and bought the CCS cream. Smells really nice too so hopefully that will be one problem easily fixed.

I think it was the two reactions together that made her cancel the last treatment. I will be having 11 of the 12 doses and she said that would be sufficient. The problems could become permanent if left so i guess the benefit of the chemo didn't out weigh the suffering.

Feeling better today and mentally i am feeling much more positve and able to deal with things. 

Hi Christine, CCS footcare cream is excellent if you're looking for a suggestion as there are a lot of creams out there. I've been using it twice a day for about a month and it's really helped my heels which had started to crack. It has 10‰ urea content. I hope that the prescriptions will help with the other skin issues.

Back in London and its nice and sunny. The garden has exploded while we were away which is lovely to see. A friend is coming over to see me today in advance of tomorrows Taxol so that will be a nice distraction.

Sounds like most of you have got over the last hump and enjoying a better few days which is great to hear and I hope continues.

Have a good day, x

It’s a nice thought that we’re moving closer towards the finish than the start.  Good news that this cycle has been better for you, Michelle.  I’ve found the cumulative effects of chemo have made the nausea & fatigue worse this time.  At least I won’t be whacked with EC again though I’m not sure docetaxel will be an improvement.

I hope the treatment for side effects on your skin work quickly, Christine, & that everything goes well with the DIEP.  It’s a lot to endure.  If the cut from 3 paclataxels to 2 is not going to cause a problem then it’s good that you do not have to have that 3rd treatment.  I hope the crack in your heel gets better soon.  I’ve seen the skin creams containing urea in the chemist’s and they do help.

Not feeling sick tonight is wonderful.  I’ve never enjoyed normal so much as during chemo.

Hi

well i had an appointment booked with my oncologist anyway so this evening she looked at the rash on my arms and the problems with foot pain and cracked skin. the result is a prescritpion to pick up on friday after chemo for steroid cream and antihistamine for my arms and i need to buy foot cream with Urea in it to help keep the crack in my heel from getting worse. I was due to have three more paclataxels but she has decided to move this to two. This is mainly due to the foot problems that can become permanent if left too long. Walking has become a problem and i have misssed being able to walk to the hospital. I am pleased that i onky have this friday and the following friday to go but I was hoping to be able to do the full course. she assures me the omission of the last one will not be a problem.

schedule of future treatment agreed with herceptin injections starting friday 29th (I have had 4 infusions) and the Zolades starting three weeks later. There was a discussion on where to put the Zoladex pre DIEP and the nurse said they have been puting it in the side which is still covered by the licensing agreement that it must go in the tummy (Surgeon said not to use the tummy). Anyone else had it put in a non tummy area?

DIEP now due for begining of AUgust which seems a bit soon to me but i am keen to get it all over with.

Feeling more positive with an end date in site to the chemo at least. Looking forward to a couple of summer concerts too in July but i assume i will still need to keep my skin covered and avoid the sun. 

Hope everyone else is doing well

Hello!
How is everyone doing? It’s very quiet on here at the moment.
Dorabel how’s things with you? Are you just entering week 2? Hope everything is ok and no more infections. Christine I hope you have managed to get something for your skin and that you are feeling better. I too long to feel ‘normal!’ Gygi not sleeping well can have such a negative effect on moods as well as recovery can your GP give you anything to help? Fiona is it today you are driving back from Scotland? The weather was certainly kind to you for your trip I hope you come back feeling ready to face your new regime. Sarah we haven’t heard from you for a while, hope it is going ok.

So far this round has been better than my last one, my plans seem to have worked and also I have drank loads of fluids this time. I am still walking everyday and in this weather it is lovely although I find that I do spend a lot of time resting afterwards at the beginning of the cycle. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be feeling totally ok and ticking off the days until the next one. Soon we will all be closer to the finish than the start x

Hi everyone hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine went well. Christine I went GP Monday for skin infection and got prescribed antibiotics and cream and it's completely cleared up maybe you could get something to help your rash too. Michelle how's your sleeping going? I slept in so late so can only hope I manage to sleep a bit tonight. But worried about Docetaxel and her cep tin starting on the 18th reading your posts are quite reassuring. Got work tomorrow and didn't do any marking this weekend so got a heavy week. Having an observation Thursday but that should be fine. Wanted to get it out of the way before I have this next chemo in case I have an allergic reaction. Saw a friend today who I thought had moved on coz of my treatment. Turns out s/o in her family is v poorly so it was lovely to see her and connect again. Looking forward to the week ahead might even go cinema again. Hoping to bake tomorrow after school. Hope you feel better soon Christine. Take care everyone xxx

Hi Everyone

looks like everyone is doing well and great news on everyones results etc.

For me it has been a busy week with lots of information to take in and process. Just want it all to end and get back to something a bit more normal. My skin is in awful condition and the chemo rash on my hand has extedned so both arms look horrible now. Just hoping it doens't  move to any other skin areas and delays the DIEP. Not sure how long it takes to clear after the end of the chemo.

Anyway i am fed up with moaning about problems so promise my next post will be more possitive.

All the best for the coming week to you all.

Hi Gigi good to hear you sounding so chipper! I quite fancy seeing on Chesil beach, I read the book a few years ago so can’t remember the full story. Glad you enjoyed your evening, we really do have to make the most of when we are feeling good.
Your holiday sounds great too Fiona, sounds like you are enjoying yourself. Are you visiting family too? If so I expect they are pleased to see you, it’s diffcult at times like this when family are further a field.
Well I had round 4 yesterday. It all went well and was a lot shorter than last time as less observation periods for herceptin and Perjeta (Pertuzumab). The dose of steroids has gone up since starting docetaxol, I take them Thursday to Saturday and they really mess with my sleep so it takes a while to get to sleep and I am awake early. I have also learnt that they are the cause of the heartburn and maybe even the swallowing problem from last time so I have been taking fastab since Thursday too so illl see how that works out this time. I am going to take more immodium in the first and second week as it does ease off a bit for the third week. Finally I have stopped using the mouth wash to try and prevent further staining on my teeth and am switching to salt water. I’m hoping all of these little changes will just make it a little easier throughout. But if not the problems are on and off over the first 10 days and I can do that!
I hope everyone else is good x

Hi everyone how are we all today? I'm feeling very proud of myself just walked the dog. Also went out for the first time in 2018! Was back home by 9pm but it was lovely. I went to the cinema and saw On Chesil Beach. Also had a takeaway Indian last night: first since February. Energy levels up. Going to enjoy the weekend and next week before I start Docetaxel and Herceptin on the 18th. Then we will see how we go. Don't know why I'm using the Royal we. Take care Gigi x

We had a wonderful time, thanks Michelle. The weather was really great and Shetland was beautiful. It was fantastic seeing all the puffins in the cliffs and on Noss, which is a nature reserve, it was like being in a David Attenborough programme! I was a bit tired for the first day but as went into week 2 felt fine again and now going into week 3 we're enjoying the unexpected sunshine in Glasgow.. Hope it stays nice for our drive back to London on Tuesday and everyone is enjoying the lovely weather !
I'm trying not to think about starting on the new regime for now.. It will come soon enough and me worrying about it won't change how I respond to the Taxol!

Hope you are all having a good day x

Hope it’s good news tomorrow Linda.  Sounds like the tumour is responding to chemo as hoped.

Home straight - I like the sound of that, Michelle.  For me, this 3rd chemo has been the worst yet but it’s receding now.  Think I’ll do some online retail therapy for dark nail varnish in preparation for the docetaxel I’ll be getting for chemo 4. I’m going to ask for a list of the stuff that’s supposed to be in my carry-out bag so I can check before I leave the hospital.

I’m sure the doc will give you the dimensions of you tumour again.  Great news that it’s shrunk.

Thanks everyone! Now preparing myself for tom, back in the steroids. After tomi will be over the hump on the homeward straight and wondering what will be left of the tumours after another 3 chemo’s!
Pleased for you too Linda, hope you find out more after the meeting. The doc doing my ultrasound gave me all the new dimensions of the tumours but I was so pleased I forgot them as soon as I left the room!
How was your holiday Fiona? Hope you had a relaxing, fun time and got to see lots of cute Puffins!
Keep well everyone x

Sounds like it's all heading in the right direction Linda, really pleased for you!

Great News Michelle. Must be so good hearing that horrid chemo is working.

That’s wonderful news Michelle .  I’m so glad! xx

I had an ultrasound on Monday and was told the cancer is fragmenting but the same size so good news after 2 chemo cycles. It's being discussed tomorrow though so will try to find out more on Friday.

Just popped in from April and May surgery threads ... yes I’m in 2 ... yikes.

Michelle ... fab news about your tumour shrinkage and 1 node .... everything crossed for your CT scan , cycle 4 and after  xx

3E5E9C77-8FA6-4149-80C5-48566A4C4205.jpeg

That's wonderful to hear Michele, so delighted for you! .

That's fantastic news Michelle! Congratulations x

Gigi I’m sure the rest is doing you good but I completely understand you wanting to get back to work, a bit of normality. Hope you get back tomorrow.
Dorabella, I have never seen an opera and hadn’t heard of that one, but lovely name and great choice of handle! Maybe that’s ‘another’ thing I should get on and do see an opera! What a nightmare for you with the meds. Glad it is sorted out and hope you feel better and better. I get the feeling feeble and agree it is part of this whole mess we find ourselves in. I was saying this week I feel so vulnerable which is something I would never have said about myself before and it doesn’t feel good.
Having said that today is not a vulnerable day but a feeling super strong day as I had my ultrasound yesterday and my tumours hive shrunk considerably and the cancer has been stoped in its tracks! I could not have hoped for better news. I also had a long chat about how many lymph nodes looked infected and it appears only one so I am far less nervous about the ct scan next week now. Oh the Relief!
Bring on cycle 4 on Friday!

Dorabel glad it got sorted. Your cement mixer metaphor hit home! These antibiotics are taking over my life lol. Have to have 4 a day 1hour before or 2 hours after food. Have had to set an alarm on my phone!!! Home again today. Think I need it but keen to go to work tomorrow. Hope you feel ok today Dorabel.Hope you had positive news Michelle x

Thanks Gygi.  Felt better after morning anti-sickness meds & reassured to have supply now from the chemist.  That was quick!  I even managed my usual chemo walk & that helped. What upset me was feeling so feeble when I don’t think of myself as a feeble person normally.  Must be the trapped-in-a-cement-mixer world of cancer treatment.

Im hoping that the antiobiotics are doing the job.  Resting must surely help, giving your body a chance to direct all its resources where they are needed.

PS Michelle forgot to say I’m fine with whatever you call me.  I picked the handle as a version of Dorabella from Così Fan Tutte.

Poor you Dorabel, that's so awful for you! Hope it all gets sorted soon.Thinking of you x

Thanks for your kind wishes, Michelle & Gygi.  Chemo went as usual but I had problems with the take-home medication.  The domperimone I’d agreed with the oncologist was missing.  I rang the 24 hour hotline and got put on hold, bit of havering about whether I could get the pills from the hospital, put on hold then told to go to my GP.  Rang GP & was told they didn’t do prescriptions over the phone.  Eventually phoned by GP duty doctor who said domperimone prescription ok.  Still waiting for this to arrive at the chemist’s so it’s lucky I have a few left over from last time.  What would be a simple problem to solve had me weepy and shaking.  Discovered a second anti-sickness medication was also missing. Don’t know if this was intentional or an oversight.  Feeling sick.

I hope all goes well with the CT scan on Friday, Michelle.  It’s horrible waiting for results, hoping for the best.  My fingers are crossed that the tumours will have shrunk + no spread.  Re hair loss, I’ve still got a patchy stubble on my head (after shaving).  But I have got eyebrows & eyelashes though probably not for long.  

I was told at chemist’s that OTC mouthwash can cause staining & wonder if it’s the same with the stuff they give us at the hospital.  I use salt water instead unless my mouth is very sore.  Glad I know now about avoiding tea & coffee too soon.

Hope it’s all going ok for everyone - not much fun but getting through.

Morning all good to know about the mouthwash going to read my one's leaflet and avoid drinks near it. I am off work today & tomorrow. On antibiotics so staying home to make sure I rest. Will go back Thursday. Puffin trip sounds great Michelle. Good luck with the ultrasound. Going to try get back to sleep x

My typing is rubbish! Rads not Rafa!

Thanks Jencat and Christine i did wonder if it is the mouthwash. Hopefully it is just a stain that can be removed when this is all over.
How are you doing Jencat? Are you done with Rafa yet? Is that the end of treatment for you? I hope everything is good with you and you are keeping well x

Hi everyone.

Gygi it must be hard to deal with an active job aswell as deal with the tiredness and fog of chemo. last time round i did work but i had an office job and an employer that allowed me to work the hours i could. I liked the normality of it and it kept me going. Only you can tell what is best for you but i hope you can find a balance that works.

Sounds like a busy time for you Michelle. It never leaves our minds for long does it and the worried intrude on everyday life. Every result seems a big thing and can effect positivity and moods. All the best.

My mouth wash does say not to drink tea or coffee for an hour as it can stain your teeth and i did hear that it the mouthwash can weaken the enamel.

Hope you all have a good week and the wild life opportunities continue. 

Hi Michelle, I can't remember which thread I read it on now (sorry) but I remember seeing that someone had put that the mouthwash we're given had stained her teeth (can't remember which mouthwash it was now either!) Wondered if that could be what's affected your teeth? x 

Sorry didn’t mean to call you Dorbel, Dorabel! 😂

Wow that was certainly quite a sleep Gigi, and I notice you were up early this morning so obviously feeling more with it now and hopefully not feeling so low.
I went to Skomer Island yesterday with my husband to see the Puffins. We had some really up close views of them and they really are cute! I can’t believe after talking about it for years we have actually done it! We had a lovely day and although the thought of cancer and chemo are never far away I felt almost normal.
I have had a busy weekend going to dinner at friends on Friday and Saturday, Puffins on Sunday and today my husband is off so we are getting a few jobs done. It all helps the time pass more quickly.
This week is going to be a busy one too. I have a friend coming up to stay midweek but also have a few appts.
I have an ultrasound tom so they will hopefully give me instant feedback about whether the tumours have shrunk. I am excitied about this because I think it has even though I haven’t felt it. However I’m also nervous because what if after 3 rounds of chemo nothing has happened? I also want to know what they can see going on with the nodes as I know at least one is infected. I hope it’s not bad news.
I have also received an appt for a CT scan to check for spread but that appt is for Friday same day as chemo so I’ve rescheduled for the following Wednesday. I am nervous about that but I also think that I’ll have had 4 rounds of chemo by then will anything show up?!
How are everyone’s brows and lashes doing? I still have mine but wonder if they will go this cycle. Interestingly I felt my legs this morning and they felt a bit spikey and some people say their hair started to grow back when on Taxol/docetaxol. My hair is still falling out everyday and I joke with my family that soon I will just have 3 strands left but I still get away with it for now.
I hope chemo went well for you today Dorbel, let us know when you’re up to it. I hope everyone else is doing ok. X

Good luck with chemo today Dorabel x

Hi everyone thanks Michelle, yesterday Saturday slept the whole day and whole night. Was up about an hour in total! And that is after a whole week of half term at home doing nothing. Don't know how I'm going to cope with work if this continues but today I'm up and not feeling too terrible. Will have to reassess the work situation if I can't find energy will deal with that tomorrow and see how I go. Guess that is part of the reason I was feeling low. Watching Sunday Brunch now with a cup of tea wishing you all a sunny Sunday Gigix

Linda that seems like a long time to be constipated, I was only constipated for the first few days on FEC. I took the odd Sennakot but also found eating tinned prunes helped.
Like you Christine I now have the opposite problem. I have taken immodium but not regularly. I feel like it is something I am going to have to put up with until the end of chemo. It is also a side effect of herceptin and Perjeta so we have triple whammy!
How are you feeling today Gigi? A bit better I hope. I consider myself a very oositive and get on with it type of person but I think we can all be forgiven for not always being ourselves considering what we are coping with right now. It is so tough sometimes, I find myself getting irritated with friends/family when they moan about trivial things, but of course I bite my tongue. I am trying to keep myself busy by planning Christmas and holidays for next year when we will all be over all of this.
Well it seems like it’s just me with the brown teeth! I will book an appointment for the dentist as soon as I’m through chemo.
Hope everyone is keeping well. X

Now my hair is very short at the top and short everywhere else I just wondered if I need to do anything different when using the cold cap?

Still sore today day 11 when going to the toilet but stopped Senna as was loose yesterday. Maybe I should have had taken 1 or 2 Senna last night. The nurse who does my puff line said you can take Senna every day as its so mild.

Thanks Christine good to know about the port and the bruising. Been feeling a little low today hopefully will be more cheery tomorrow. Hope everyone has a sunny weekend x

I have the oposite effect on taxol and have already had to dash to the loo this afternoon. I was given immodium to take home after my first chemo but i haven't taken it unless i have really needed to go out and it was really bad.

The chemo nurses also told me right at the start that if i had to go to A & E then as long as there was a nurse on the chemo ward then they would go down to A & E to use my port for a blood test. Hope that isn't needed but it is good to know. They can also use the port for the contrast for the CT scan i will have next week but one of the nurses said today it will depend on the radiographer as some still like to use the arm.

Not feeling too bad at the moment as all the pre meds are still working. usually all kicks of sunday afternoon then Monday is a write off.

Gygi I think you should find the bruising will disappear farely quickly and so the raised skin doesn't look so obvious. There are a few items of clothing i wouldn't wear out but i am not too restricted   

I was given Sennakot in with my post chemo drugs. I have been constipated each time on FEC so for this week's one I took 2 on chemo night and 2 each night since. Will go down to one tomorrow.

Thanks, Michelle.  The first antibiotic pill stopped the UTI & I’m ok now.  Sorry to hear about the tooth discolouration - I think it may be yet another unwelcome side effect.  Perhaps, after chemo has finished, the dentist may be able to help.

I went for pre-chemo checks today and discovered (again) that it helps to know what to ask for.  I’ve had a picc line from the start because a friend put me wise to it so I asked for a line and got one.  Today, when the nurse was going to take blood from a vein, I asked if it could be taken from my picc line.  The answer was yes if I went to the chemo ward for it.  Who knew?  I avoided having a painful digging around in a vein and the blood was taken painlessly from the line.  Anything that causes less pain is welcome, especially when you are going through chemo.

I hope it went well today, Christine.  Chemo day is never much fun, with the first days afterwards to get through, and your sore mouth must be very hard to bear.  At least the reconstruction discussion was positive.

Sorry Linda bunged not bugged

First chemo took nothing and was very bugged up. The bc nurse suggested that I took sennakot the night of chemo and that really worked only 2 nights and then did the same this week and no problem. Hope that helps x

How are people coping with constipatioñ? I have had it this time but want to avoid it next time. Its quite sore after going to the toilet. Thanks.