cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

April 2019 Chemo Starters πŸ’–

Highlighted

Re: April 2019 Chemo Starters πŸ’–

Good morning everyone.

My first chemo is today, very nervous to say the least!  I will let you know how the cold cap goes and whether i stick it out.  I chose my wig yesterday just in case.  

Christine 18 best of luck  for today, i will be thinking of you. 

Catch up with you all laterπŸ’–

Highlighted

Hi NikNak5 (and everyone else)

I start Chemo tomorrow, very nervous! Feel like I've been waiting for this day for ages and couldn't wait to get started but now reality has set in and I'm a little scared. 

I'm on the same regime as you NikNak5: 12 weeks of paclitaxel combined with carboplatin every third week. Then I'll be having FEC for 3 cycles. 

I have a fear of vomiting so this is what I'm most scared of but hopefully the concoction of anti-emetics will sort me out.  I'm going to be trying cold capping and hoping it will work, I had long blonde hair but I recently got it cut short so the tangles will be a bit more manageable. If it doesn't work then I have a wig on standby. I'm only 28 and have three weddings to go to in the next three month, one is on my birthday and one I'm a bridesmaid for so I'm very anxious that I either will be too unwell to go or look a bit of a state. 

Good luck to you all, 

Christine πŸ’•

Highlighted

Re: Morning all! I am starting chemo next Monday. My picc lin...

Hi Sharon,

thank you. I hope today went well for you and you’re feeling ok. I’m not surprised you don’t do cold growing up in Africa, I have difficulty with it and I’ve lived in the North all my life. I wouldn’t be surprised if I wimp out of the cold cap too although I’m going to try my best not to. I picked my wig up today, it felt strange but I’m sure I’ll get used to it. 

We have got this, I hope you feel ok.

Mandy xx

Highlighted

Evening ❀️ I’ve been trying to remind myself that every day is one more closer to the end of treatment. Today has been tough though, I kept on remembering how different my life was just a few weeks ago, pre-diagnosis. I get a massive headache with these injections and that hasn’t helped my melancholy mood. But enough of my pity party! I’ve spent the afternoon trying to teach the little one how to ride her bike, I’ve given myself a mini facial and picked myself up. Weird question, does anyone know if we can eat sauerkraut?? I mean technically it’s got live cultures in it πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Highlighted

Hi Debi,

Thanks, fingers crossed you keep your hair,I hope the cold cap works for you. Xx

Highlighted

Hi Mandyr44,

Good luck for Wednesday. I had my first treatment today. Different concoction of course but still... I had originally planned to coldcap but I wimped out at the last minute. I don't do cold of any sort (grew up in Africa and lived there again for the last 12 years). I have thin hair and I believe some falls out so I would need a cap or wig anyway. I'm not precious and have no upcoming functions! Let us know how it goes?

Good luck to everyone this week. We got this!

sharon 

Highlighted

I had the perjeta on the Monday, and then the herceptin on the Tuesday, as I had to be monitored for 6 hours after having herceptin for the first time.

I’m sure you will be having them with your chemo, as without the chemo, I’ve been told they don’t work (or as well) x

Highlighted

Hi 

Good morning everyone!

Mandyr44 all the best for this week, i will let you know how i get on with the cold cap. Hopefully i will keep my hair, i have a wedding to go to on 27th April.

Hannahlizzy did you start with Herceptin and perjeta at the first chemo session?  I am going to speak to my chemo nurse because she didn't mentioned it to me even though my consultant said i would be having that and perjeta.

πŸ’–

Highlighted

Hi Debi,

I am starting chemo on Wednesday, I have a pre chemo session on Tuesday so hopefully I will find out more then. I have no idea what to expect but I am worried about it. I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer six weeks ago after finding a lump. Everything has happened so fast since then, there have been so many CT and MRI scans as they found other things in various places but luckily nothing else confirmed, they will just rescan me after chemo. 

I am also going to try the cold cap, I wasn’t going to as I read a lot of negative things about it but I know if I don’t give it a try I will regret it. Good luck with yours, 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hannahlizzy, everyone’s chemo is tailored specifically for each individual, it’s not a one size fits all and dosage will also be tailored specifically for each individual πŸ‘πŸ‘your teams are experts and will take good care of you, you just keep safe and ring that rapid response like Batman’s bat phone, your teams would rather you ring and discuss any concerns so they can do all they can for you. Don’t ever thing oh, i’ll Leave that a bit, always please ring to keep safe. Get a meet up planned for when you are all through ❀️❀️We had a weekend in London meet up and hired a room at the arch and had afternoon tea, it was first class and wonderful (the ritz didn’t want to accommodate us) so don’t bother trying with them. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hello ladies!

I hope everyone is coping well with their chemo. 

Quick update from me- I had my herceptin, perjeta, docetaxel and Carboplatin over Monday and Tuesday. It hit me hard like a ton of bricks!!

Today I feel the most normal than I have done for days. I had to ring my hospital hotline as I had a rash all over/ flu symptoms and nausea. They said to monitor it.

My temp was high yesterday, but not really a big cause for concern.

I hope that’s it for feeling crappy now, and the next 2 weeks before my next cycle are fine 🀞🏻.

I have also come out in lots of spots from the steroids, which is rubbish! But I think it must be working as my body is feeling the effects?

Does anyone know how the onc team decide which chemo to give you? 

Thanks so much,

Hannah x

Highlighted

Hi ladies,

I'm on 6 cycles of FEC-T and had my first on Friday.

I can honestly say that apart from being a little more tired I have been ok so far. 

I used the cold cap, which wasn't as cold as I imagined it would be.

The community nurses are coming in to do my injections, so if you don't get on with doing it yourself ask for a referral.

I'm sure every cycle will be different but I'm just taking it one at a time. Much as i want to be at work, as this is normsl life, I'm not allowed to work as I'm in healthcare and the infection risk is too high, so the benefit is I get to have the Easter holidays with my family instead.

Highlighted

Hi Jo. My second chemo is tomorrow. It’s been a funny week. Tuesday I was ok, Wednesday totally wiped out in bed, Thursday 4 hours at work, Friday pjs & sofa, yesterday I managed to go grocery shopping then had to come home & lay down. I’ve not been sick but the steroids have made be spaced out, blurry vision & feeling faint so no looking forward to those again this coming week. I never knew I’d have to self inject for 5 days after chemo! I hate needles. Picc line was the best thing I ever did. My Chemo is over 12 weeks - week 1 Paclitaxel & carboolatin, week 2 & 3 just Paclitaxel then the double again for 4 cycles then 4 lots of FEC three weekly. I’m hoping next week I’ll feel slightly better. The frustration of not having the energy is really the thing that gets me the most. Sorry for long post but I wish each and every one of you all the best & stay strong, have wobbles like me & we will do this. Let me know how you get on as it’s good to hear others experienced ❀️

Highlighted

Hi jo,

i had similar experience with first chemo and ended up in a&e twice. This time I’ve been much better. Still some nausea but better. I don’t seem to be as strong as some ladies here as 4 days after chemo I’m still spending a lot of time just lying in bed with the dogs even though some people are back at work! Last time I started to feel loads better after the injections stopped so hopefully same this time. I try to remember that every chemo is one closer to the end ❀️❀️

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sending everyone 😘😘πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­drink plenty of fluids, get thermometers and watch your temperatures, any thrush mouth se from chemo get fluconzole from your team and difflam mouth wash, any burning pee but no temp phone rapid response it’ll be a uti (don’t treat yourself with cranberry) chemo is doable (a right juggling act) but doable, you’ll be juggling senokot, baby bum wipes, anosol πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺhang on ladies it’s a crazeeee ride πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»Get yourselves signed up for your Macmillan look good feel better courses, get your wig vouchers from your trusts and have a look in your Macmillan centres they have pre loved wigs, also luvyababes have an amazing selection now (I was happier in a 14.99 one of theirs than the very expensive real hair one my hubby got me). I am from the crazy gang oct17 chemo starters and πŸ‘­πŸ‘­πŸ‘­together on our chemo train we πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ😒our way down the chemo line and hung our bums out the window in celebration when we all got into the station at the end of chemo and rang the heck out of the bells in our units. Keep focused, have wobbles and 😒😒if you need to. ❀️❀️You are all beautiful and amazing always remember that πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Highlighted

Hiya Debi2

I had my first EC on Wednesday. It was actually ok. The worry of it was much worse. I was sick the same day, then nauseas the following 2 days and also weak. I was given steroids, which I knew nothing about beforehand. Think they have spaced me out, but took last ones today πŸ‘ Was also given injections to take home, that I have to do myself into my tummy. Not tried it yes, as my sister has been able to do it for me. That’s to boost my white blood cells....didn’t know about this either ! If Im unable to do it in the future, a district nurse can do it for me. 

I managed to go on a little walk today, taking in a bit of fresh air. Felt like a right achievement. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better

good luck with your treatment x

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

I’m jo 47. I actually started chemo at the end of March but as there are HER2 positive ladies on here I thought our schedules might be similar. Actually I’m surprised how different everyone’s treatment is. I have a grade 3 invasive ductal cancer, 20 mm diameter with extensive DCIS. The tumour is ER neg, HER2 pos. I’m have EC x 4 , herceptin, pertuz and docetaxil x 4 then mastectomy. I had my second cycle 2 days ago. In both cycles I’ve struggled with nausea and constipation. Tbh I had no real idea what to expect with chemo. I’ve felt ill for the first 10 days or so then picked up. I don’t know if that’s the norm. I finally managed to find the words to tell my 7 year old yesterday that mummy has cancer and it’s a real weight off. I hope all you other ladies are bearing up. Xxxx

Highlighted

Hi all

Anyone starting chemo this week?  I had my pretreatment visit on Friday and i think it as made me more nervous.  They told me all the worst things that can happen!  I am having 3 cycles of EC then 3 of Doxetexal.  Steriods haven't been mentioned so i am not sure whether i am having them.  I am going to try the cold cap but have already picked out a wig just in case i can't stand it.  Is anyone else using or are using the cold cap?

Highlighted

Hiya Anneebel

Im seriously thinking about asking to have the picc line put in, before my 2nc chemo. Will have a good think about it. I guess just having that done once is much better than numerous blood tests and cannula

thankyou x

Highlighted

I did feel a little bit out of it on the steroids too, bit spacey x

Highlighted

Hi I had my first round of TC on 2nd April. Had a mastectomy in 18th Feb. Was treated for invasive ductal late 2017, but found a lumpy lymph node xmas 2018 which had turned out to be lobular. In all 19 lymph nodes removed and had spread to collar bone (not removed). Im really hoping the chemo  works and it’s confusing all the different options and who is on what combinations. So far I feel ok, a little bit icky but the anti sickness seem to help. Injected myself yesterday (did  t know about taking it out the fridge!) went to theatre last night even though was a bit nervous about that. Trying not to get paranoid about germs! Had very ling hair, now a short bib and dinated the lengths. Im a single mum of two teenagers, 51, no family close but good friends and neighbours. 

Highlighted

Hi all

How is everyone? Anyone start chemo next week?

Its my pretreatment visit today and i start chemo on Tuesday next week.  I am quite nervous to start treatment but hopefully today will calm me down a bit.  I think it is the unknown and wondering what side effects i will get.  In my head i have got a vision of me in bed reallly poorly and not been able to do anything - i hope this won't be the case.

Highlighted

Hello,  I'm starting chemo next week and I had my picc line put in this morning. I was nervous about it but it was fine. I asked them not to give me any more details than necessary and didn't look! It did not hurt and now only feels a little bit bruised. The staff were just brilliant, really kind and understanding. I'm so glad to be getting started, feels like its been a long wait. Good luck with your treatment. Mo x 

Highlighted

Hi Sharon 

good luck for next Monday, I will be thinking of you.  I will be having my second dose of chemo then. I’ll be having FEC for my last 4 doses, I’ve heard its quite harsh but we can handle it. I’ve been to work again today just for 4 hours but it’s totally wiped me out so now resting. Let me know how you get on next week, will be thinking of you x

Highlighted

Hi 19Joanne86

Glad to here you are doing ok after your first lot of chemo & a trip to a&e re your sickness. 

i had my first chemo Monday, all went well, no sickness, went to work for 7 hours on Tuesday, overdone it & spent the day relaxing yesterday. Had to ring hospital as my temp was 35.5, but they didn’t seem bothered by this. Been to work for 4 hours today & had to come home to bed. I’m having real issues with the steroids, thank god it’s the last day today, they make me feel wired, blurry vision, dizzy, generally Ill for about an hour  - anyone else feel the same on Dexamethosone? 

Highlighted

First chemo cycle was on Tuesday 2nd, chemo itself was fine and felt OK immediately after I was very sick that night from about 7pm onwards ended up in A&E for more anti sickness and anti biotics as they felt something was starting on me with a high temp.

Day 2 I was great but just spent the day relaxing took dogs out for some fresh air. I'm on day 3 today and managed to get out for a couple of hours shopping. Feeling a little more tired today for sure but keeping on top of my anti sickness which is helping xxx

I hope all you lovely ladies are doing as well as can be expected. We can all do this! Xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Kelly73

I'm from October 18 starters... 

I had a Picc line put in prior to starting chemo! You can't feel it going in as you have a local anaesthetic and you then have an x-ray to check it's in the right place and that's that...If you don't like needles then I would certainly go for a Picc line if you have the option! You do have to have the line flushed and the dressing changed once a week but it's far easier than needles and canulla for bloods and chemo...plus if you ever needs antibiotics you can have them in your Picc line too! πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸŽ€πŸŒΈ

Highlighted

Hi Kelly73

I'm from the Feb group and had a PICC line put in before chemo. When I first read about them in amongst all the literature I stopped reading  thinking I'm doing that thank you. In the end I didn't have any choice as that was my onc's preferred choice. I can honestly say now the pros outway the cons. Yes, it's going to be on show, especially with the warmer weather coming, but you can get some pretty covers to wear over the line. The other thing is you'll need a waterproof cover for showering which the hospital should prescribe for you. Oh and you shouldn't stretch your arm up too high, and you'll need weekly PICC line care. On the plus side bloods can be taken and chemo given completely pain free. No more injections requiredπŸ’‰β˜Ί. Hope this helps. If you want any more help or reassurance just pop into our group and ask.

Highlighted

Hi NikNak,

I'm so glad to hear you are also trying to work through! I'm due for my first dose next Monday, although I will be on the FEC I believe. They have lost so many forms of mine that I will 'believe it when I see it' kinda thing!

Be strong! Hopoing you are feeling better tomorrow.

xxx

sharon 

Highlighted

I had my first chemo on Monday - Paclitaxel & carboplatin. Yesterday I felt fine and managed to go to work, come home cook the tea etc, today I woke up really spaced out on the steroids, low temperature, dizzy. I’ve spent the whole day in bed as really don’t have much energy although I am eating small portions & drinking lots of fluids. Anyone else felt like this? 

Highlighted

Hi Littlemoddy

This time last year I was given a similar diagnosis to you. Two tumours plus one node, HER2+, weak ER+. I had 2 FEC and 4 Docetaxol with herceptin and perjeta. I also had no idea my body was going so horribly wrong and generally like to think I take good care of my health and am tuned in. I found it really knocked my confidence although a year on this has improved. 

I am pleased to say I had great results from chemo and my surgeon said they are getting great results with the herceptin/Pertuzumab combo so hopefully you will too. 

I didn’t fast during chemo in fact my diet was worse than normal, I even had a couple of Mac Donald’s which I never normally eat! πŸ˜‚

One bit of advice I would give is to write down every day how you feel because it is likely to be the same for each cycle, although it may be different for FEC/Docetaxol. I used to get a nosebleed on day 7/8 of each cylcle. 

I wish you all the best with your treatment, it’s not easy but it is doable xx

Highlighted

Hi Littlenoddy

My results are the same as yours - although my hospital don't add a stage, and i am still waiting for HER2 results after borderline first time - i start my chemo on Tuesday next week.  I haven't heard of the fasting.  My chemo is EC no 'F'.  I can't remember how many cycles and what other drugs i will be having yet there was so much info to take in.  Take care and best wishes for Thursday x.

Highlighted

Hello to you all

I am also starting chemo this month this thursday

Stage 3 grade 3. ER negative her2 positive invasive ductal carcinoma  36mm and two smaller additional tumours plus one node affected and possibly more 

I will be on three cycles of Fec followed by 4cylces of docetaxel plus herceptin and pertuzumab  

Seems like they are throwing everything at it so fingers crossed it works 

I'm going to try the cold cap as I had a go on Monday and after ten minutes it became completely fine, it seems very cold at first

After all that I will have a mastectomy and radio. 

I'm trying fasting before the treatment as it possibly makes the chemo more effective .it's not proven but I need all the  help I can get

I've also switched to a completely vegan diet with fruit juices and coffee enemas but I'll have to cut these out during chemo 

I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one who thinks that every twitch and twinge is the cancer starting elsewhere

What has surprised me more than anything is that I had absolutely no idea that my body was going so horribly wrong. I always thought I would know if this was happening. But until I actually saw a physical change I had absolutely no idea 

Best of luck to everyone  I'll let you know how the fasting works out 

Highlighted

Hi lizandsarah have had wound swabbed this came back no infection, awaiting results from fluid sample, having bloods taken today, which should have results tomorrow when I go for my first chemo and from that they will decide if my chemo goes ahead. I have doctor review on Thursday to decide what they are going to do about my wound and this very very tiny hole that won’t heal and fluid keeps leaking from. Have leaked 50ml in the last 24hrs. Hole not big enough to stitch, have joked about supergluing it and discussed with my breast nurse ultrasound scan to see what is happening underneath. Just feel lousy all the time, worried about going out in case I β€˜pop’, can’t wear bra so can’t have prosthesis fitted. Feeling sorry for myself and just want to get on with the treatment so I can get it over with. 

Highlighted

Morning all! I am starting chemo next Monday. My picc lin...

Morning all!

I am starting chemo next Monday. My picc line is being fitted on Friday and I am more than a little nervous. Just the thought of threading that tube freaks me out! I have already had surgery and SNB on both sides. Now there's 6 sessions of FEC and then three weeks of radiation and YEARS of hormone therapy! It's a long road... But worth it! We will get through this! The alternative isn't an option! Anyone in Hampshire or Sussex? 

Sharon 

Highlighted

Hi Kelly73

i had my first lot of chemo yesterday. I had a picc line put in last Monday, I hate needles & veins & Mr Picc is a godsend. I’m having 12 weekly chemos so my veins would of been pretty shot. It’s nit a pleasant experience having it fitted, it doesn’t hurt as your arm is numb. You just feel a bit of pushing. Arms is a bit sore for a couple of days but you can sleep on it etc so not too bad. Good luck 

Highlighted

Hiya All

I start my chemo on Wednesday. Feeling a bit anxioys but guess it’s just the fear of the unknown.

I was meant to have a PICC line put in today, but I changed my mind last minute. The thought of it makes me feel nervous , as I’m not a fan of needles. I also don’t like the idea of having it on show for the next 5 months.

does anyone have any advice on the PICC please

Highlighted

Hi Lindy Lou,

I had an infected axillary seroma that led to sepsis and a five day admission of intravenous antibiotics, followed by another week of tablets galore. It was also painful and restricted all my movement I'd regained. It wasn't any fun. 

I was scanned twice and had it drained several times, have you had yours scanned? Mine was far more extensive than it looked on the surface. 

I would hope that they have taken a wound swab of its leaking, if not demand one as this will aid decision making on which antibiotics to use if required. Also this will help to identify if it is normal seroma fluid or infection. 

Not wanting to scare anyone, but I've worked in healthcare for a very long time.

Just keep pushing for a medical review ASAP, you don't want to wait and become ill. If the nurse is baffled, she should already be escalating a review! 

Highlighted

Hi lindylou,

Seromas are horrible and so uncomfortable!  At its worst mine was the size of a melon! From when the drain was removed I had to have a further 150 mls syringed out. It's fine now but it did take 3 weeks. 

It's rotten that this might hold up treatment. I've reached the stage where I just want to get on with it. 

Hope the infection and leakage clears soon.

Highlighted

Hi Pollensa, I have a seroma that won’t heal and keeps leaking through tiny hole in my wound site, just wondered how long yours took to heal as mine has been going on for 5 weeks now, my breast care nurse is stumped on what to do and they are talking about delaying my chemo until it heals as I keep showing as having an infection as well

Highlighted

Hi Lindy56

i too start my chemo tomorrow. Mine is at 12.30. I feel like you, glad to get the process started but scared of the chemo, how it will make me feel, how quick will the side effects hit me, which ones will I get, I’ve had a PICC line fitted as I hate needles & veins. Im having weekly Chemo for 12 weeks then on FEC for 12 weeks which will be every 3 weeks. However we feel, we will get through it like others have - it’s just the unknown. I’ll be thinking of you & let me know how you get on

Highlighted
Community Champion

Best wishes to you all on Mothers Day.  I just wanted to let you know you can get through this however scary it feels right now.   I started 8 rounds of chemo in May 2017 and the good thing about starting in the Spring is that you can have lots of little walks outdoors and avoid contact with people but make sure you protect your skin from the sun extra to normal. Here is my story which has some chemo tips on how I coped which were collectively shared from others who had gone through the same from this forum:  http://lifeafterlola.com/

You can also ask the nurses on this forum if you have any concerns.  In the meantime, the top tip is always to stay well hydrated throughout chemo, aiming for 2 litres of water per day.

Here is the BCC guide on chemo:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment...

You got this. Xxxx  

Highlighted

Hi Debi2, thank you for your kind thoughts. I will let you know how I get on. And yes we will get through this. There for each other every step of the way. X

Highlighted

Hi  Lindy56

I all the anxious and scared feelings are normal, i haven't started my chemo yet (9th April) but i am sure i will feel exactly the same.  Try to keep positive and keep coming on here for support and chats.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow and yes we will get through this. 

Highlighted

Hi everyone, thank you for replies. Hope everyone is having a good mother’s day. I’m very new to this and finding it hard to concentrate on things at the moment. My first chemo appointment is getting ever closer, 830 tomo morning. Feeling very anxious and scared but trying to enjoy today with my lovely family. I think a lot of my fears are the unknown, how I will react and feel after the chemo. If anyone can give me any ideas how to cope I would be so grateful. I know we will all react differently. I will get through this and look forward to making some friends on the forum. Take care everyone 

Highlighted

Hi April Ladies

Just popped in from the February group and read some of your posts, many of which reflect our own thoughts, fears and experiences. We're a pretty mixed bunch and if you pop in you'll find there'll be at least one us who's diagnosis and treatment is the same or very similar to your own. We're a fairly chatty lot,  just look at the number of posts, so if any of you want any help or advice during this journey that none of us wanted or expected to be on then please drop in. One thing that I think really helped us to gel was a few weeks ago some of the girls posted  happy photos prior to diagnosis. This got us talking and we gradually found it was great to put names and faces together and we found that many of had things in common beyond bc. 

I'll be thinking of you as you each start your chemo journey. It's not always easy but it is doable ❀❀

Highlighted

Hi Debi2.

CT scan went ok, it’s like an open donut, so you will be fine when you have yours. PICC line is in & my first round of Chemo starts tomorrow at 12.30. I just want to get it started. On Friday I went and got my wig, which in all fairness looks great but still don’t want to loose my own hair, but that’s a small price to pay for my life. I’ve also suffered pain in my back but I know this is due to tension through  anxiety because I’m scared. We are going to get through this. The support on this thread is great. I also bought myself a nice journal as I’m going to write each day how I feel. 

Highlighted

Hi all,

Appt with oncologist on Tuesday, appt with wig place on Thursday.......oh the joys!

Only now beginning to feel recovered after op and complications. Seroma has dried up at last. Feeling human again and then chemo begins.....

Decided to stop watching American "chemo stories" on YouTube. Thought they might be helpful but they are just scary. Mind you, some of the British ones aren't much better.

Trying to be optimistic and stay strong for my family but the demons always arrive in the middle of the night.

Love and best wishes to everyone.

Highlighted

Hi there 19joanne86

Just wondering how you are getting on? Did you get your first cycle of chemo? I will be getting the same chemo as you and just wondered how you were and if you had any tips?

Hope you are doing well.

Silver

Highlighted

Hi, I'm also HER2+ and awaiting chemo before surgery. I'm hopefully going to be starting chemo in April but unsure as everything has taken quite a while.

14th February -dr

28th Feb - consultant surgeon

March - MRI /CT scan

End of March initial meeting with oncologist

9 th of April heart scan

10th of April bloods

I was feeling really positive but getting a little anxious now as I am going to be sitting at home for another week because there is no heart scan availability. Hoping that my chemo starts after this.

As this will be 8 weeks from doctors to bloods been taken and still nothing started 😞

Has anybody else had similar wait time?