62283members
327911posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

April 2019 Chemo Starters πŸ’–

Re: April 2019 Chemo Starters πŸ’–

Clinic appointment done. They’ve given me a small dose of lorazepam to take tomorrow to control my nausea. Has anyone else taken this? They’ve also made sure the nurses give my IV anti-emetics tomorrow rather than tablets like they did last time.

Thankfully all my bloods are ok so I can go ahead with my next FEC cycle. Fingers crossed it’s a smoother ride tomorrow. Penultimate chemotherapy! Can’t wait for this part of treatment to be over. 

X

Hi Lynsey,

Try not to feel pressured to go back to work. I haven’t been at work either since my diagnosis in March. Thankfully they haven’t pressured me but I’m going to speak to them in a couple of weeks to discuss going back. I too don’t feel ready and am thinking of going back in January. Luckily I have another 5 months of half pay but I’ll be using my annual leave in December before I go back. I have a very stressful job too working nights, days and weekends all 12.5hour shifts. I certainly won’t be able to do that but your employer has to adapt work to you! I’m going to get signed off nights for at least a year and try to see if I can work shorter shifts to start with. They legally have to adapt work to suit you so make sure you speak up if you just can’t do what you used to be able to do. 

Macmillan has a lot of support and people to talk to about returning to work and your rights so might be worth using them or speak to the helpline before going to see your boss.

On another note, it’s good news to hear you can have a lumpectomy. Hope it all goes ok! 

X

Oh ladies, it feels like most of us are seeing the end in sight. Christine, I hope the dizziness and nausea goes soon. Can only imagine how awful that is. You sound very upbeat and positive however and I hope it does ease. 

I saw surgeon this morning and will get my surgery soon hopefully. (had last docetaxel

last Friday and feeling ok so far, just very tired and but achy but otherwise good). The surgeon was very positive that surgery would be super simple, a guide wire inserted in morning of surgery then a simple lumpectomy and then node removal. Relieved to know that it’s not going to be too invasive. Radiotherapy I don’t think is anywhere as tough as chemo so feeling also very positive that we are on the home straight ladies. 

On another note, I had a call with my boss tomorrow about work. I think she’s going to ask me when I expect to return to work. I’ve been off since my diagnosis in March and to be honest don’t feel anywhere ready for going back. She’s apparently told some

of my colleagues that she thinks I’ll be back sept/oct but I think I need more time to recover. My pay stops soon but thankfully can afford a few months of unpaid so I’m thinking January. What’s everyone else’s employers been like? Any pressure to return early? I’m feeling very anxious about the conversation tomorrow in case I feel railroaded into agreeing an earlier return date. I have a fairly stressful job and spend a lot of my time out and about on my own and my worry is I find the workload too much and tiredness takes hold. 

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks

lynsey xx

Well done everyone for getting this far. I’m so sorry to hear some of you are struggling but it’ll soon be over (as I keep telling my inner cheerleader!) I’m looking forward to hearing about people’s experiences with radiotherapy. I won’t be starting until about October/November. I’ve got my second FEC tomorrow. I had a horrendous time for a week after. I felt so sick for about 24hours and then after about 6 days my nausea went and was replaced by extreme dizziness. Previously I was having weekly bloods due to weekly chemo and i ended up with a blood transfusion. This time I have bloods done every 3 weeks so will be interesting to see what my haemoglobin is doing now. I’m waiting for my clinic appointment now so fingers crossed they can give me some more anti-sickness! I’ve also hurt my back in the night. Not ideal! I think I just twisted it. I’m hoping it nothing to do with chemo but I guess I’ll mention it. Is anyone having a mastectomy with reconstruction? I had my surgical appointment yesterday and saw a completely different surgeon as mine had to have surgery herself on her knee! This surgeon mentioned that I could keep my nipples if I’d like but my previous surgeon said I’d have to have them removed to give me an extra 5% on my survival! I’m so confused on what to do as this new surgeon said that wasn’t correct and it’s all to do with my MRI scan and location of the tumour. Anyone else had these discussions and what have you decided? I finish chemo at the end of August and will be having my surgery beginning of October (such a long time to wait!) can’t wait for it to be all chopped out. The 4-6week wait I’ll be so nervous that it is going to start growing again! I’ve been referred to a clinical psychologist finally! Although they previously said I’d been referred and heard nothing! Sorry about not being on here much. I really struggle to use my phone during dizziness and nausea. Makes me feel worse. X

Just a little update 11 days after last chemo and energy levels already massively better ! Had a couple of glasses white wine for first time in months really enjoyed them . Radiotherapy planning next Monday and start Letrozole  in two weeks for next 10 years πŸ™ My eyes look dreadful as no eyelashes bought sunglasses today my hair is a bit of a train wreck but most still there .. and one of my toes is numb . Otherwise all feels so much better now no chemo every week ! 

Hi all,

Just wanted to say well donate all of us making it through (or nearly through chemo!).

Good luck to those ladies with surgery still to go. And for those of us moving on to radiotherapy, they assured me when I got my markings at the CT scan yesterday that it's all downhill form here. A friend who has just finished rads said radiotherapy was a walk in the park compared to chemo! It's looking up ladies!

Be strong. The end is in sight!

Sharon 

Bramley, losing 6 finger nails sounds sore! Glad you're recovering well from your surgery Smiley Happy A stay at the seaside sounds lovely and just the thing to help aid your recovery!

Re Zoldronic Acid-I think it is offered to post-menopausal women as a bone strengthener and to help stop bc recurring in the bones xx

Afternoon everyone

Debi - hope you have turned the corner on side effects from your chemo last Tuesday.  Only one more to go for you and then your surgery in September. Do you have a date yet? 

RunningSue - I daren't ask about the nausea - 102 days feeling sick is a complete nightmare!  It looks like its not going to change for you until you finish chemo.  Hopefully your final chemo will go ahead this week and you can ring that bell loud and proud!  I think most people feel emotional at the end of chemo so let those tears flow freely. I'm sure other chemo patients will smile and clap to celebrate with you.  I've never walked out of oncology so quickly as I did on my last chemo.  I knew I was going to cry but just wanted to get into my car to have my own space to bawl my eyes out!

Linsey - congratulations on finishing chemo.  Yay!!  Hope side effects aren't too bad after final dose.  Do you have a date for your surgery?  What surgery are you having?

Susanmanchester - congratulations to you too for finishing chemo.  So nice that quite a few of us have now finished or nearing the end of chemo.  Such a milestone in our treatment plans.  There seem to be endless different options for treatment plans for breast cancer.  It's good that you had a choice to have surgery first and chemo second.  Have you got a date to start radiotherapy yet?  You will be leading the way in the April starters with radiotherapy so will look forward to hearing about your experience.   

Liz - I was going to ask about Zoldronic Acid.  It's not been mentioned at all in my treatment plan so assume I won't be having it.  I've noticed quite a few ladies talking about it but not sure if it's recommended for certain types of BC or why it is recommended for some but not others? 

I'm recovering well from surgery and enjoying the sea views from the balcony of the apartment we are renting.  Just what the doctor ordered and the sea air feels wonderful.  4 days post surgery and the waterproof clear dressings are holding well.  They haven't started to peel off yet and I'm now showering every day.  Can see dried blood under both dressings (boob and under arm pit) along the steri strip.  Nurse said to wait around a week to remove dressings but I'm not in any rush if they are holding well.  Bruising is coming out on boob (looks a bit yellow around incision) and under arm.   Both incisions feel tender and boob is a bit swollen but not too bad at all.  It also has blue dye on it.  Not sure how long that takes to wash off?  I'm wearing my soft sleep bras at night which are comfortable and my post surgery bra (Β£5 bargain from M&S outlet store) during the day.  The post surgery bra definitely offers more support when walking to stop boob jiggling.  I haven't needed any pain relief since the day after surgery which I'm really happy about.  I'm walking every day to get fresh air and doing my arm exercises.  I still have nearly full range of movement in my arm although it feels a bit tender if I extend arm fully above my head. 

My taste and appetite is returning after chemo which is fab but I will need to be careful not to gain any weight!  I finished chemo around 4lbs lighter than when I started so very keen to keep it steady.  I lost just over 2.5 stone with Slimming World over an 18 month period before I was diagnosed with BC. I was just about at target weight too.  I kept going to SW through chemo and actually got my 3 stone award after chemo 6 Smiley Happy  I'll be dammed if I put on the weight I've lost now after everything I've been through. 

On the downside I've now lost 6 finger nails out of 10 and I'm sure the other 4 will fall off shortly.  It's amazing how difficult it is to open things and do every day tasks without finger nails! 

Hope everyone is doing ok?  Another week and another step closer to getting through treatment. xxx

Hi 

Bramley its great to hear your surgery went well and you are back at home.  

I had my treatment on Tuesday and felt ok up to today which i feel lightheaded, achey and tired.  Back of neck is sore too.  Stayed in bed this morning and i am going to have an early night.

Its good to hear that we are all getting through the treatment plans we have and most are on the last part. 

Take care everyone

Debi

Hello ladies

Bramley so pleased the surgery went well for you.  Hope u are getting lots of rest and hope u enjoy the little holiday.

I must admit im really struggling with this heat.  I have lots of hot flushes but combined with the heatwave its unbearable. I try to take cold showers to cool down but i have to wrap my arm in clingfilm to prevent my PICC line getting wet.

Ive been out for quite a few walks lately.  I went back to my local parkrun last weekend, i hadnt been for 3 months and it was so good to be back and lots of my friends shouted out support to me.  I dont have the energy to run so i walked it all while chatting to the lovely tailwalker.  

Ive had more mouth ulcers this week and of course the nausea which ive had now for 102 days!!! Ive been keeping a little diary since my first day of chemo.  I know it will be nice to look back on in a year or so.  I did the same when i was pregnant.

Fingers crossed that this time next week i will have had my final chemo.  Looking forward to ringing the bell but i know ill cry as i have done when ive watched others on the ward when theyve rung it.  I must admit the last 3 months have flown by.  Cant believe im so close to the end of chemo.  

Take care ladies, speak soon

Sue xxx

Bramley, well done on your post, that’s great for me to know what to expect. I’m due surgery end of August.

im just home from my last docetaxel treatment. So glad it’s all over and just want to get through this week feeling ok and focus on surgery. I always feel tired after my infusion and today is no different. Thankfully kids are overnight with my parents tonight so I have opportunity to just rest. 

I hope everyone else is doing well and feeling ok in this heat. 

Take care lynsey 

Hi Bramley and all .. 

I think you are immensely brave coping with all that . Had my surgery with node clearance back in Jan as I was desperate for cancer to be gone and opted for chemo afterwards which I finished last Friday . Saw surgeon Weds for first physical examination and all seems well so on to radiotherapy in couple of weeks . Not having chemo is marvellous ! 

I'm back in the land of the living after surgery and back home Smiley Happy  Thank you for all your good wishes xxx

So I can now tell you about my experience just in case it helps anyone else worrying about having a lumpectomy and sentinal node clearance after chemo.  

Guide wire - First appointment yesterday was to have a guide wire inserted next to the titanium marker.  The marker was injected into the centre of my 3cm tumour before I even started chemo.  The doctor tried to use ultrasound to get up to date info on the size of tumour and locate the marker in order to put guide wire next to it.  She explained that ultrasound is not very good for locating the marker as it is so tiny and she may have to use their newest and most detailed mammogram to locate the marker.   This turned out to be the case and she actually inserted the guide wire whilst my breast was gripped on the mammogram.  I had a local anaesthetic before she inserted the guide wire and she took pictures to make sure it was right next to the marker.  I had a wire hanging out of my breast but covered up with a dressing and was able to wear my bra on top. 

Radioactive Dye - Next appointment was to have some radioactive dye injected into the breast to make my lymph nodes light up during surgery.  It was a small injection and because my breast was already numb from the guide wire, it wasn't particularly painful, just a sharp scratch.  The injection was literally a couple of seconds. 

Surgery - I didn't arrive on the day surgical ward until around 11am so found out I was last in the queue for breast surgery.  I was pretty thirsty by this time so the nurse gave me one of those spongy lollypop things with a small cup of water to keep my mouth and lips wet.  I was given 2 x paracetemols around 1.5 hours before surgery with a small amount of water to swallow.  I was fitted with surgical socks - they measure your ankle to give you the right size.  Thankfully the Nurse put them on for me as my finger nails are not in good shape and I've lost 3 already!   My Consultant came to see me before surgery to explain that she would do a lumpectomy and as agreed take 4 x lymph nodes out to test.  One of my lymph nodes has tested positive for cancer on the first biopsy at diagnosis.  Anaesthetist also came to see me to ask a few more questions.  I eventually went down for surgery at 3pm.  I was wheeled into a small room just outside operating theatre and a blood pressure cuff was put on my calf and heart pads on my chest.  A small canular was put into my left hand (cancer in right breast) and the anaesthetic was put into that.  They explained I would feel a cold sensation going up my arm which I did.  The butterfly pictures on the ceiling started blurring and that is the last I remember.  The next thing I recall was a nurse saying my name in recovery at 4.45pm (surgery was around 1.5 hours).  A few blood pressure and temp checks and I was wheeled back to the ward by 6pm.  I was really emotional coming round from surgery and just couldn't stop crying in recovery and back on the ward where my husband was waiting for me.  I think it was just sheer relief of having the cancer cut out of me after 7 months (I found the lump in January).   I had a cup of tea and a couple of digestives back on the ward but was still starving so asked for a sandwich and some water.  I was discharged at 8pm armed with some codeine tablets to take as required.  I was advised to take 2 x codeine tablets and 2 x paracetemols before bed to try and get a good nights sleep.

I took the painkillers as prescribed before bed and had a pretty good nights sleep all things considered.  I had a fan going in the bedroom and an extra pillow to rest my arm on.  I put a sleep bra on to come home in and kept it on to sleep in.   I have to say it is very comfortable and just enough support without adding too much pressure.   I have internal stiches and a steristrip on the top of each incision.  I have a clear waterproof dressing on the top; both on my breast and under arm.  Unfortunately the dressing under my arm leaked a bit during the night so found blood on the sheet this morning.  I'm feeling a bit sore, more under my arm today but have taken a couple of paracetemols and it's really not too bad.   I've done my arm exercises this morning as advised the day after surgery.  Breast is very slightly swollen but nothing major so far.  I'm sure the bruising will come out over the next few days.  Breast has blue dye over it and I'm weeing blue at the moment from another dye put in during surgery. 

Taking it easy today and just chilling.  Decided not to have a shower today to give dressings more of a chance to stay on longer.   Will see how next few days go but feeling very happy and relieved that surgery is now over.  Now looking forward to getting away to the seaside for a week to recover with lots of help from my husband and boys Smiley Happy  Sorry for long post but if you are worried about surgery, hopefully some of this will help.

Liz - glad the side effects are slightly less on the reduced dose of docetaxel.  Hope your trip home to the North West to see family goes well.  It will be so lovely for you to be back with your family again. xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok.  Keep posting so we can all keep up to date with everyone's journey.  There are currently only a few of us posting in the April monthly thread.  Sending hugs to you all xxx

Hi Ladies, 

We are now seven days on from last Docetaxol and first Zoldronic Acid. Looking forward to radiotherapy now. 

Never noriced any side effects from Zoldronic fortunately.

Joint pain much less on 50% dose, just managed with simple analgesia, fatigue has kicked in again hugely this week, but I don't think the heat is helping either! Still getting some neuropathy but it's more manageable this time and is starting to lessen earlier. Main problem is the nerve pain from node clearance and I've less range of movement for radio than I had when I saw consultant, but physio has been working on that this week, again only happened since docetaxol came into the mix! 

Still hoping to get home t the North West on Sunday to see my family, they haven't seen me since I was diagnosed in December as my dad's not well enough to travel. Be the furthest I've driven in months, but I know where every cafe is on the way for regular breaks. I'd think nothing of driving 250miles non stop before all this. It'll do my daughter good to see her grandparents as well and the sea is only a few minutes away so I can hopefully start to get out walking again and build up stamina again. There's also lots of nice cafes in n the village so I can have a few treats🍰

Keep wel hydrated in this heat today 

Liz

Hi Bramley

All the best for today, i hope everything goes well.  

Debi

Hi Bramley

When i had the dye, it was injected into my breast around the nipple area.  I didnt have any anaesthetic and it did hurt but only for a minute or so.  The dye will leave a little blue mark on your breast - i still have it and my op was in march!! Im sure it will fade away eventually!!  I too had to wait all day to go to theatre so take a book or something to read while u are waiting.  My sister bought me a little cushion to put under my armpit while i was recovering afted my op - it really helped to ease the pressure from the scars.

Good luck tomoro - we will all be thinking of you and wishing the best for you.

Take care

Sue xxx

Thank you Sharon xx 

One question I forgot to ask my BC nurse and you will know the answer to.  Where to they inject the dye to light up your lymph nodes?   Is it into the breast, armpit or somewhere else?  Do they give you a local anaesthetic first before they inject it?  I have no idea what to expect or how much they inject but I was told the dye may make me look a bit grey and ill in the face.  Quite normal apparently and nothing to be concerned about but she just wanted to warn me in case my husband or I wonder why I look a bit grey or ill all of a sudden!  Did you just take paracetemol or ibuprofen after surgery for pain relief?

Yes I'll take a few magazines with me and my iPad as I'm expecting to be hanging around quite a while.   Apparently my consultant has a full list of ladies for surgery tomorrow. 

Really looking forward to getting away on Saturday to the seaside after its all over.   We had to cancel our holiday to Cyprus this year so it will be nice to get away for a week.  I intend to do nothing apart from a walk every day, my arm exercises and spending time with my family.  I always seem to sleep better with sea air so I'm counting on it after surgery when I'm feeling uncomfortable.  You lucky thing to live so close to the sea. xx

Hi Bramley,

Good luck with your surgery. I had mine before chemo, complete with wire guides and injection (which HURTS like the devil!). In some ways surgery was the worst, but then I had it on both sides so perhaps that made it doubly horrible and 6 doses of FEC and nausea as well as digestive and sinus complications! Regarding the long wait for actual surgery, take a book or something to keep you busy! I had to report at 7am and only went in at 3pm! Still went home that night at 8 though! The surgeons are extremely skilled and specialise in literally taking lumps out of boobs all day every day, so they know what they are looking/feeling for. I am sure chemo will have done its job and you will be fine! Enjoy recuperating at the seaside! (I live 10mins from a beach so I'm super lucky!).

Good luck.

Sharon 

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. It means a lot to have support from those also going through this same nightmare journey. xx

I heard today that bloods are good so can go ahead with surgery on Thursday.  Yay!  I think it will be a long day.  Need to have a guide wire put in under local anaesthetic at the Breast Clinic at 8.45am.  It will be placed by the original marker inserted into the tumour before I started chemo and I'll literally have a wire hanging out of me.  Then onto the hospital to have some dye injected in the Nuclear Medical Department!  Wonder if I'll be glowing Smiley Happy  This will light up my lymph nodes apparently so surgeon can locate them easily in armpit.  Then onto day surgery unit to wait in the queue.  I don't think I'll be in surgery until the afternoon.  Not allowed anything to eat after midnight or drink after 6am so will probably be a bit dehydrated by the afternoon.  I'm going to set my alarm for 6am to drink a large glass of water.  I usually drink loads of water in a day so going to struggle to get to the afternoon on no liquids particularly in this heat! 

I have such mixed emotions about surgery.  I just want it done and dusted to get the cancer cut out of me but on the other hand a bit apprehensive about being put to sleep. I won't know much about that bit but it's the lead up to it I guess.  I'm more apprehensive about the 3 week wait for the results and scared what I will be told in case the chemo didn't work as well as I hope and pray.   I can still feel a lump, albeit smaller, and it really scares me.  I've booked for our family to go away for a week to the seaside for a week after surgery.  The apartment has a balcony with sea views and that's where I think I will spend most of my time recovering.  Will take the leaflet with arm exercises with me.  I'll have no excuses for not doing them every day as I'll have loads of time.  Also want to walk every day and paddle my feet in the sea.  Simple pleasures in life I'll never take for granted again.

Phet - how is your swollen boob?  Did you manage to get your ultrasound and get it sorted?  My finger nails are shocking. Still pretty numb but only lost 3 so far.  I'm sure I will lose all of them in time.  Just relieved there seems to be a nail underneath each time or I think I would faint!  Must remember to take off my nail varnish tomorrow as not allowed it for surgery.  Made me laugh in the letter when instructed to make sure I have a shower and wash my hair before surgery.  Lol.. what hair, I look like a boiled egg!   

Debi - penultimate chemo done and dusted and one more to go!  Hope side effects aren't too awful this time.  You are so close now and your surgery in September will soon be here.  Made me laugh ref the gardening incident.   Hope you get on well with your neighbours, lol!

Pollensa - blimey it sounds like you are having a really tough time on Docetaxel.  It must be so frustrating to still feel nauseous especially after feeling sick for the first half of chemo on FEC.  I think you have been really unlucky Smiley Sad  Have they sorted your kidney issues out?  Hopefully you can get home tomorrow.  Reduced dose on your final chemo and stronger nausea meds will hopefully do the trick for the last round.  You will be so glad to see the back of chemo now.  Stay strong xx

Kelly - have you had your heart scan yet?  Hope all ok xx

Busy day for me tomorrow doing a food shop, cleaning the house, getting hospital bag together and packing my suitcase for the seaside.  As soon as I am able I'll put something on here after surgery; hopefully by Friday.

Take care everyone and keep posting.   I'll be reporting back soon I hope! xxx 

Hi

Bramley best wishes for your surgery.  I will be pestering you for details of everything from side effects to pain etc.  My surgery is in Sept (no date yet).

Just had penultimate treatment today, feeling ok, its usually a couple of days before any side effects raise there head.

Benn gardening all weekend, tubs look nice and colourful even though i wasn't going to do so many this time.  We had started to chop down our Eucalyptus tree down (which had grown way too big) on Sunday evening but had to leave it half done due to family needs.  Monday morning i went for my bloods doing and when i got back it had blown down into the next doors garden, luckily missing her pond, garden ornaments, plants and washing line.  It had fallen directly onto her lawn- thank goodness.

Hope every one has had a good weekend and are keeping well hydrated in this heat!

Stay strong ladies we are getting there.

Debi x

Most in awe of all those who managed charity runs, absolutely marvellous!

Unfortunately, cycle 5 of docataxel was much worse than cycle 4! Admitted to hospital last week, hopefully leaving tomorrow.

High temp, dreadful nausea, kidney problems.......everything you could think of!

Next dose will be reduced and many more anti nausea tabs. It had better work!

Pollensa

Good luck Bramley!! All fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope your fingernails are also feeling a bit better- Docetaxel just keeps β€˜giving’! 

Hi Bramley, 

Just wanted to wish you good luck for your upcoming surgery

Xx

Evening All

Thanks for your lovely comments about my Son's graduation.  Just so lovely to have a happy day and feel normal again for a few hours.  We need to set ourselves goals, make plans and celebrate the good times along this rollercoaster of a journey xx

It's really interesting to hear of people's experiences on receiving summary letters after oncology and consultant appointments.  I can definitely see the benefits i.e. they are a really useful reminder of what was said and agreed moving forwards with treatment.  On the other hand I can completely understand the worry of seeing a very factual medical account of the meeting and about the cancer.  Everyone is so different in the way they handle such a difficult situation and I guess it depends on how much you want to know.  I talked it over with my husband and he asked me if I felt I had missed out by not having letters.  He was worried I would focus on the words and things that could be perceived as negative and read too much in to it.  So I think I've decided not to request them at this stage and just rely on information given to me at each meeting.  To be fair they have always been very good at answering any questions I've had so far.   I may change my mind but I think at this stage it feels right for me.

Phet - I do hope you have managed to get your ultrasound to find out what's happening with your swollen boob? I'd be just as worried and frustrated as you are not knowing what's happening.  Having breast cancer is very stressful in itself but when you have a reaction or swelling, it just increases the stress and anxiety.  Hoping things are happening and getting sorted for you and you can still get away on holiday and have your surgery as planned on 6th August. 

Liz - hope your final chemo went well today.

I'm doing well apart from my thumb nail and another finger nail fell off today Smiley Sad.  I've now lost 3 nails on my right hand which is a bit weird.  Thinking about it, after the first dose of Docetaxel (chemo round 4), I had a terrilbe reaction on my hands and fingers.  They literally swelled to double the size with red burning sensation for a week.  My right hand was much worse than my left.  I think my nails were damaged at that stage as they have been feeling pretty numb since. Just wondering if I'm going to lose all 10 finger nails!  My toe nails are all fine though at the moment! Smiley Happy 

6 days until surgery and counting, bloods willing!

Have a good weekend everyone! xxx

Yes I asked not to see them once I knew the post surgery results that was enough ...

@Bramley wrote:

Afternoon all

Liz - good news that your chemo 6 will go ahead on Friday with a reduced dose.  It will be interesting to hear if the side effects are less as a result.  In theory they should be I guess, well you would hope so anyway!

Thanks to you and Kelly for the info on follow up letters after each appointment.  I had no idea that I could get hold of copies after each oncology/consultant appointment.  The only issue is that I'm too scared to ask for copies!  I'm just not sure if I want to see a factual medical letter about my cancer.  I'm not sure why I feel that way but maybe I'm just not ready to see it in black and white. I know I'm being a complete wimp!  For me the diagnosis was just so shocking and I feel it's taken me forever to even get my head around that part.   My consultant, breast care nurse and Oncologist are all lovely and very positive and I trust them to make the right decisions on my medical care.  They haven't told me too much so far apart from the tumour was 3cm at diagnosis, is eostrogen positive, HER2 negative and is very treatable.   A biopsy has also confirmed it's in one lymph node.  

Kelly - hope you are doing ok and you have a date for the MRI on your heart?  Let us know how you get on and we will be willing you to get back on track with your chemo if it is safe to do so or onto radiotherapy to zap and nuke any rogue cancer cells.

Susanmanchester - good luck for your final Paclitaxel on Friday.  The end of a long chemo journey which you will be glad to have behind you.  I think it takes a while for the chemo drugs to finally get out of our system but hey each day will hopefully get a bit better! 

Before I started chemo on 20th March 2019 I set myself a goal to be at my son's university graduation on 17th July 2019.  I worked out if I went through all 6 cycles on time I would be 14 days post my final chemo (number 6).   I told my Oncologist and BC nurse that I couldn't afford any delays to my chemo treatment as I just had to be at his graduation.  Both warned me of potential delays and pitfalls but throughout my chemo journey that date was always at the forefront of my mind and nothing was going to stop me.  Well yesteday I was the happiest and proudest mum in the world to attend his graduation ceremony on day 14 post chemo 6 Smiley Happy  I wore my trusted wig and applied eye make up as best I could with no eyebrows, eyelashes and permanently watering eyes, not from crying either!  It didn't really matter what I looked like, I was just so happy to be there.  None of his Uni friends know that I have breast cancer and no one looked at me strangely or sympathetically.  I was just a normal person for one happy day at least and I loved it.  I was shattered by the time we got home last night but it was a 12 hour day with travelling so not really surprising!

Keep posting everyone, stay positive and hope you are all doing ok. xxx

Hey thanks Bramley 

My eyelashes left it till the end to go have drops from Christie's buying chocolates for nurses on chemo unit but waiting till I get all-clear on the bloods . Also got to see surgeon next week for follow-up 😟 But it's routine best to all just want it to be done now xx 

Bramley, well done in achieving your goal to attend your son's graduation! I'm sure you were very proud of him, but equally I expect he felt the same at you being able to be there! I'm glad you had such a lovely day.

I do receive letters after appointments, but personally I sometimes I wished I didn't! They are useful so that you've got something to refer back to, but I often found that what had been said when I'd seen the consultant or oncologist seemed to look worse once written down and I'd brood over the contents x

Hi all, 

I'm just back from another trip to triage at the hospital to try to work out what's going on in the 'bad boob' that is still swollen and inflamed. No ultrasound yet! They keep telling me to try this or that antibiotics, wait and see, etc. I'm getting quite annoyed to be honest - I'm worried if there's a problem and they are taking a long time to diagnose it, it is going to jeopardize my surgery on August 6 (and, perhaps more importantly, the 5 day holiday in Provence my partner and I have booked for just before that!). I've been on the phone to the secretaries of both my surgeon and my oncologist and both are trying to help me, but I think I'm going to be contacting PALS (the Patient Advice and Liaison Service) as this is all getting a bit much. 

Otherwise, things are going ok - I'm so tired at the end of all this and a bit sick of feeling rubbish but otherwise happy to be out the other end of chemo, or nearly. 

Bramley - congratulations on making it to your son's graduation! That's so wonderful to have had that milestone in mind and now to have made it. You must have been so proud, and though it would have been exhausting it must have been totally worth it. 

Liz - that's wonderful that your next infusion is going ahead. I also had a zoledronic acid infusion with my last chemo, and like you I'm on Zoladex and will be for the foreseeable. Apparently the zoledronic acid can cause side effects like bone pain and aches, but I can report that in my case, I didn't notice anything different at all from the usual Docetaxel side effects, so I think the zoledronic acid ones must be nothing in comparison! How are you tolerating the Zoladex? I had my latest one last Thursday, and I spent yesterday in floods of tears. It was only in the evening that I remembered that I had also been in floods of tears about 6 days after my previous Zoladex...so I guess I should expect to feel hormonal in the week after each injection from now on!

Re the letters from the oncologist issue - I've also been getting a copy of every letter that goes to my GP from my surgeon and oncologist, and I have to say I do find them useful in summarizing what we discussed at each meeting. They can also be useful if you need to remind them of something; they see so many patients a day and I have found a few times that mine have said 'now I think we've agreed X moving forward haven't we' and I've been able to say 'no, I think we agreed Y, as it says here in the letter summarizing our last appointment' so it is really useful to have that as a reminder for both of us. 

Hope everyone is easing into the weekend ok; strength to all

xx

Afternoon all

Liz - good news that your chemo 6 will go ahead on Friday with a reduced dose.  It will be interesting to hear if the side effects are less as a result.  In theory they should be I guess, well you would hope so anyway!

Thanks to you and Kelly for the info on follow up letters after each appointment.  I had no idea that I could get hold of copies after each oncology/consultant appointment.  The only issue is that I'm too scared to ask for copies!  I'm just not sure if I want to see a factual medical letter about my cancer.  I'm not sure why I feel that way but maybe I'm just not ready to see it in black and white. I know I'm being a complete wimp!  For me the diagnosis was just so shocking and I feel it's taken me forever to even get my head around that part.   My consultant, breast care nurse and Oncologist are all lovely and very positive and I trust them to make the right decisions on my medical care.  They haven't told me too much so far apart from the tumour was 3cm at diagnosis, is eostrogen positive, HER2 negative and is very treatable.   A biopsy has also confirmed it's in one lymph node.  

Kelly - hope you are doing ok and you have a date for the MRI on your heart?  Let us know how you get on and we will be willing you to get back on track with your chemo if it is safe to do so or onto radiotherapy to zap and nuke any rogue cancer cells.

Susanmanchester - good luck for your final Paclitaxel on Friday.  The end of a long chemo journey which you will be glad to have behind you.  I think it takes a while for the chemo drugs to finally get out of our system but hey each day will hopefully get a bit better! 

Before I started chemo on 20th March 2019 I set myself a goal to be at my son's university graduation on 17th July 2019.  I worked out if I went through all 6 cycles on time I would be 14 days post my final chemo (number 6).   I told my Oncologist and BC nurse that I couldn't afford any delays to my chemo treatment as I just had to be at his graduation.  Both warned me of potential delays and pitfalls but throughout my chemo journey that date was always at the forefront of my mind and nothing was going to stop me.  Well yesteday I was the happiest and proudest mum in the world to attend his graduation ceremony on day 14 post chemo 6 Smiley Happy  I wore my trusted wig and applied eye make up as best I could with no eyebrows, eyelashes and permanently watering eyes, not from crying either!  It didn't really matter what I looked like, I was just so happy to be there.  None of his Uni friends know that I have breast cancer and no one looked at me strangely or sympathetically.  I was just a normal person for one happy day at least and I loved it.  I was shattered by the time we got home last night but it was a 12 hour day with travelling so not really surprising!

Keep posting everyone, stay positive and hope you are all doing ok. xxx

Evening ladies

Have seen the oncologist yesterday and they are going ahead with cycle 6 on Friday, but they are lowering the dose further to 50%. Happy about this as I didn't want to have to make a decision to stop chemo so far along. 

Im also starting the Zoldronic Acid infusion Friday as well, as she thinks three zolodex is enough to put me into menopause.. I finally got an answer as to how long I will need Zolodex (3 years) but I have the option of ovary removal if I'd prefer, but I don't want to make that decision yet as I want to finish radiotherapy and have some time back at work first.

Hope you are all having a nice week 

Xx

Hi Bramley, 

I get copies of all hospital letters as these contain all my diagnostic information, post op results and treatment plans.

It might be worth a call to your breast care nurse to ask for copies of prior appointments and ask for future ones, you are entitled to them x

Liz xx

Counting down to chemo 12 on Friday last Paclitaxel ( three cycles over 9 weeks and three FEC )

I am done .. fatigue is now off the scale aching joints etc it is inevitable after 4 months I guess but has only hit home last couple of weeks  should count myself lucky but look wrecked 😩

Thankyou Bramley & Lizandsarah for your replies, support & encouragement. I know we’re all in this together, but sometimes it’s nice to know people who understand what you’re going through, are also there to support you.

Bramley- yes I’ll be having Radiotherapy but I still worry about anything that passed through my lymph’s, as they were found to have C too. I’ll just have to keep telling myself that everything will be ok. Regarding the letters, I also get a copy of every letter that my Oncologist sends out, whether that be to my own GP or to the Cardiologist. I don’t get them from the Cardiologist but I did recently, as I asked for a copy. You could ask your GP for a copy of all the letters that your Oncologist sends them. Depends how much information you want...I want to know everything. I have a sister in Canada, who is a nurse n wants all the details, so I copy them to her x

Hi All

Kelly - how frustrating for you with another delay to your chemo Smiley Sad.  We all know that having chemo carries a certain amount of risk and side effects but just hope and pray that the benefits outweigh any long term risk.  Fortunately the NHS is very thorough and will do everything possible to protect and care for us on this journey.  I sincerely hope they get to the bottom of the issues with your heart and can get you back on track with your chemo.  But if the risk of more chemo on your heart outweighs the benefits then you have to trust the advice of your medical team.  It sounds like you have a really good Oncologist which must be reassuring.  I assume you will have radiotherapy after chemo?   I think we all worry about cancer cell stragglers but as I understand it, the radiotherapy is specificaly to kill off any remaining cancer cells that have somehow managed to survive surgery and chemo.   Lovely photo by the way of you and your supporters on your 10 mile Wirral coastal walk.   Well done on raising Β£500 for your local Maggies, an amazing charity that helps so many.  Hope the MRI scan on your heart brings some reassuring news.  xxx

Liz - hope your oncology appointment went well today before your next chemo on Friday?  Is number 6 the final chemo for you?  Was just wondering about your oncology appointment outcome letters?  Do you get a letter after each appointment with your Oncologist and Breast centre?  The only letters I've ever received are appointment letters.  I've never had a letter after any appointment, not even at initial diagnosis.  I guess each NHS trust may do it slightly differently?   I've taken my husband along to the 2 appointments with my Consultant (also my surgeon) and he has taken some notes for me.

Debi - hope you are doing ok.

Phet - hope the ultrasound was ok and put your mind at rest?

I'm doing well apart from one of my finger nails literally falling off last night with no warning!  I thought I was going to faint as I was worried there would be nothing underneath it.  Fortunately there was half a nail underneath it so at least something to protect the nail bed.  I've notice my thumb nail is also now loose and another couple of finger nails so I fear the same thing will happen in the next few days.  I've repainted with nail varnish in the hope of them hanging on for a few more days to give the nail underneath a bit more time to grow.  When they said Docetaxel may affect your hands and feet, they weren't kidding!   Oh well the new nail underneath looks remarkably healthy all things considered Smiley Happy

Love to you all xxx

Hi Kelly73,

You must be feeling very disheartened after the heart results. 

I'm originally from the North West and know Clatterbridge is an excellent centre, so they will give you the best care they can. I considered getting my treatment transferred there for radiotherapy so I could stay with my parents, but it was too disruptive for my family.

My friend has also had her breast cancer care there and was very complimentary. 

As a healthcare professional I know these decisions are hard to make, but they will want you to have the care that will give you the best outcome in the circumstances with quality of life.

We all worry about stragglers lurking in our bodies no matter what treatment we have had, so you are not alone. 

Well done on the wirral walk, my sister is doing the Shine Walk next month in Liverpool for Cancer research, I'm hoping to be there to see her off and get back

Xx

61BF9E96-AABC-411C-8627-4CAF66AC5D1F.jpeg

This is me a couple of weeks ago. I took part in the Wirral coastal walk, completing 10 miles and raised just over £500 for Clatterbridge Maggies centre. Supporting me was my son, sister, niece and 2 friends 😊

Hiya Deb,

Im not bad thanks. I saw my Oncologist yesterday and yet again, chemo is not to go ahead this week. I’ve not had chemo since May and only had 3 sessions. Luckily I’ve already had a mastectomy and lymph nodes removed, but I’m still anxious about little stragglers travelling around my body.

I previously mentioned that the chemo has weakened my heart (ejection fraction from 55 to 42), but my recent heart CT shows I have a blocked artery. Im now awaiting an mri.

Oncologist told me that due to heart probs, I may not be able to have more chemo n he’s also got to rethink my hormone treatment.

Why does everything have to be so complicated.

He is a top Oncologist though, so I know he’s doing his best for me and will come up with the best treatment plan.

Does  anyone know of anyone else who has this problem?

hope you and everyone else are doing well x

It's amazing, they have managed to find me an appointment tomorrow!!! 

Hi everyone, 

Well done with the race for life this weekend.

And I'm very jealous of Debi for getting to Southport, I haven't been home since treatment started and I miss the pier walks too. 

Time to vent:

Been chasing my oncology appointment for this week before no 6 on Friday. Just been told they can speak to me by phone on Wednesday!  And if they run late it will clash with my zolodex appointment!

I do find it easier face to face, and I've told them so. Also told them oncology is a shambles here as I've had nothing bu t problems since being referred. Other departments have been fine.

So it looks like it's time to go through the Pals department which I really wanted to avoid.

I also don't get copies of my oncology appointment outcome letters for around five weeks, breast centre ones take around three days to arrive! 

If I have to have any new oncology treatment in the future I'll be asking for referral to another hospital as I certainly don't trust this one! 

Evening everyone

LynsH hope you are are having a wonderful time in the lakes, it must be nice to catch a break. I am hopefully having a trip to Southport next weekend, so i am going to have a walk on the long pier and get some much craved sea air.

Christine hopefully the golf and fresh air has made you feel a lot better.  how many FEC sessions are you having?

Runningsue a great big well done to you and your team, you are an inspiration. I have 2 more Docetaxil, herceptin and pertuzumab to have then i will have surgery and then Radiotherapy, still a way to go but we are all getting there day by day.

Bramley I am on the same taste page as you, nothing seems quite right - i just fancy the food but then when i eat it it is nothing what my crave buds desired!!

Susanmanchester - hang on in there you are doing great, we are here to support you.  

Kelly73 How are you doing? 

Phet7178 Sorry to here that you had a trip to hospital - have they kept you in? I was having pain in my breast where my lump was after my 3rd EC, the BC nurse said that it could just be the tissue reacting and adjusting to any shrinkage, my consultant said that it was unlikely to be getting any bigger due to ongoing treatment and when i had my MRI scan he was right it had shrunk even more.  Best of luck with the ultrasound tomorrow.

Pollensa, Lizandsarah, interestinetimes, Niknak5, Jencat and Louisefpage hope you are all doing ok and not having too many side effects, it would be lovely to hear from you.

Good night everyone, take care

Debi x

Evening!

Blimey the cricket was a bit tense!  I have a husband and 3 sons who play and love cricket so no choice for me over the years but to watch cricket Smiley Happy  Amazing game of twists and turns but good to see England clinch to win the World Cup.

Phet - that is such a lovely photo of you having your last chemo and casually working in the process. Congratulations on completing your last chemo.  Love your scarf, you look really chic and chilled Smiley Happy  Hope the infection in your bad boob sorts itself out and things return to normal.  Will be good to have an ultrasound tomorrow to hopefully put your mind at rest.  I've had lots of shooting pains in my tumour and under my armpit (one lymph node has tested positive) after each round of chemo but not swelling.  I've just always hoped it's the drugs targeting the cancer cells and killing them.  Hopefully your oncologist is right and it's your body responding to the dying cancer cells.  Your surgery date of 6th August will soon be here.  I feel the same as you, I can't wait to get my surgery (11 days and counting!) to get the cancer literally cut out of me but also really worry about the pathology results afterwards.  I think it's only natural for us to feel that way.  Afterall the first biopsy results we received at the start of this journey confirmed breast cancer.  Now if only chemo could be guaranteed to kill off all cancer cells we would feel a little more reassured about the process.  

Sue - just seen your photos of the 10k race for life Smiley Happy  Well done you, a fantastic achievement and you look so proud with your twins xx.   Love the photo of the sign on your back.  Such a lovely thing to do and we were all with you virtually.  Just need to rest up a bit now and recover just in case those pesky side effects of Docetaxel raise their ugly heads. 

Thanks for the tips post surgery, I've seen a few ladies commenting that a small cushion under the arm helps so will definitely get one of those and some extra dressings.  When I asked my BC nurse about stiches, dressings etc, she advised that I would have internal desolvable stiches and a waterproof dressing on the top over the incisions (boob and underarm).  The dressing should stay on for around 5-7 days and I could shower without needing to worry.   After 5-7 days I could either remove the dressing myself or go to my GP practice for a nurse to remove.  Does that sound the same type of thing that you had?

Christine - I'm sure you will do a big charity hike one day in the not too distant future when you are through treatment and out of the other side.  Sorry to hear that you have been feeling the worst side effects on FEC.  I completely sympathise with the nausea, such a horrible side effect Smiley Sad The banana and peanut butter smoothies sound delicious and very nutritious Smiley Happy

LynsH - good to hear you are doing well and enjoying a break in the Lake District.  Such a beautiful area and the sun shining definitely helps!  Enjoy the change of scenery.

The start of another week tomorrow and another step closer to the end of treatment for us all Smiley Happy  Keep posting with your progress.  Stay strong ladies.  xx

20190713_164735.jpg

And this is the sign i wore on my back with all your names on as well as other ladies who i know are having treatment

Sue xxx

IMG-20190714-WA0010.jpg

This is me and my lovely children (twins!!) at the start of race for life today.  I walked it all with my daughter Hannah and we ran through the finish line holding hands.  My son matthew ran the 5k.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and cant wait to get to the end of my treatment and start running again.  It was such a fantastic atmosphere today, i had family and friends taking part with me but i had all you lovely ladies in my thoughts too.  Ive had a lovely rest this afternoon and ive not been suffering too far with side effects of chemo number 5 but im going to take it easy for the next few days.

Take care ladies have a lovely evening

Sue xxx

Ah I forgot the photo! here it is Smiley Happy

66813223_10100395593721001_1666147775533809664_o.jpg

Hi all - long time I've not been here! I've been throwing myself into work a bit recently, which has been a good distraction from breast cancer, though I'm back into the side effects of the last Docetaxel now. I'm so happy to see everyone gradually coming to the end of the chemo - I can't believe what a long ride it has been (and continues to be). 

Runningsue, you're an inspiration with the Race for Life! My mum ran into the racers in Oxford yesterday on her morning walk and was disappointed she hadn't realized it was on as she would have liked to have taken part. I have done essentially no exercise for at least 4 months, and with the Docetaxel joint aches and tiredness at the moment I can't imagine a time when I'll be able to again. But you have given me hope - I have surgery next and once I've recovered a bit from that I'll try to make a rehabilitation plan...

I had my 6th and last chemo on Tuesday - I've attached a picture here of me working in the chemo suite Smiley Happy As I said to people at the time, when I first started having chemo I could barely stop shaking let alone concentrate on something like getting a bit of work done, so that's a sign of how far we've come. 

Unfortunately the side effects have hit me a bit harder this time, and yesterday I had a trip to the hospital. After my breast softening considerably in the first two Docetaxel, and my lump seeming to shrink to about 1/5 the original size, on Friday I noticed my 'bad' breast was swollen and inflamed around the tumour site. I went in with a raised temperature yesterday, and they looked at my breast and thought it may be infected. So I'm on antibiotics now and hopefully will have an ultrasound tomorrow to investigate. It's all a pain (literally - it hurts!) because I was feeling so much better with the breast almost back to normal. I can't help but worry that it is not an infection and some kind of tumour activity as well. The oncologist in triage yesterday told me that that scenario couldn't be ruled out but he thought it was unlikely - he said cancer doesn't really work like that (let's hope!). If it's not an infection he thought it could be my breast having an inflammatory reaction to the 'tumour cell death' going on in there, which he said can irritate tissue etc. Not sure if anyone else experienced reactions around the tumour site on neoadjuvant chemo? Anyway, as usual it seems I can never have the expected response! 

Other than that, I'm starting to get nervous about the mastectomy stage - my surgery is booked in for August 6. On the one hand, I can't wait for the cancer to be out. On the other, I'm nervous about surgery and recovery, and also about the pathology results after (I hate getting results). I think I'll be whipping out my headspace meditation app again and relying on that quite a lot...

Hope everyone is enjoying Sunday, and those of you going through side effects as well - solidarity! more soon xx

Sue,

You are amazing! I couldn’t think of anything worse than running (I did a half marathon in 2013 and never ran again!) but to do it so soon after chemo is incredible. Good luck, I imagine it’s going to be an emotional run for you and the people supporting you. Let us know how you get on. I love hiking and trekking now so once this is all done I’m going to do a big charity hike somewhere. Two years ago I did a 50km trek in the Brecon Beacons so I feel like I need to up my game. I struggle to know who to raise money for too...breast cancer care, Macmillan, coppafeel, cancer research? 

I had my first FEC on Wednesday and felt so unwell after. Instantly tired and constantly felt sick. Appetite Zero! All the foods that made me feel better on the previous 12 Chemo sessions are no longer working for me! Banana and peanut butter smoothies saved me the day after. Thankfully I’m slowly getting back to β€œnormal” whatever that is anymore?! Going to try and play a bit of golf today to get some fresh air and take my mind of the side effects.

I hope everyone is able to enjoy their weekends 

Christine xx

Sue, good luck for your race for life, you are actually amazing doing this so close to your previous chemo. I can’t even contemplate something like that just now and I’m a week post treatment. I’m in awe! Best of luck and congratulations on raising so much. 

I hope everyone else else is resting up and enjoying some of the lovely weather. We are down in the Lake District on a wee holiday just now and it’s been fab so far. Long may it last. Certainly cheers me up seeing the sun. 

Xxx

Hi Bramley

Ill ask my daughter to show me how to upload the photos - she is much more technical than i am🀣🀣

Yes i had sentinel node biopsy at the same time as my lumpectomy.  I was sore and tender for about 6 weeks in total. Make sure u get lots of rest - i used to endulge in a nice long hot bath.  Just make sure u have lots of spare dressings to cover your wounds afterwards. I found ibuprofen helped to ease the soreness.

My sister bought me a lovely "recovery kit" which included a cushion - its smaller than an average sofa cushion.  I used to put it under my armpit and it took the pressure of the biopsy scar rubbing against me.  

When i had the docataxel on friday it took an hour and a half to be administered which was longer than last time - when i asked the nurse she said they liked to thin it out on the 5th dose.  Side effects so far have been the usual nausea, mouth ulcers and hot sweats.

Well ladies im off to get ready for the Race for Life - wish me luck - ill be thinking of you all !!!

Sue xxx

Sue -  sorry to hear about your Mum.  I bet you just couldn't believe it when you were also diagnosed but you were so right to get checked and they found yours early.  Can I ask if you had a lumpectomy, node clearance, mastectomy?  How was the surgery and the recovery afterwards?  Any top tips?  So glad you had your chemo 5 yesterday and are now back on track.  Did you have a reduced dose this time after the side effects last time?   I take my hat off to you for doing the 10k race for life tomorrow with your family and friends to support you.  It doesn't matter if you run or walk, you are doing it the day after chemo!  Amazing that you have raised Β£300 for a charity that will continue to support so many women who are sadly diagnosed with breast cancer.  What a lovely thought to put all of our names on your back, thank you xxx  As you say we are all in this together.  Try to take somoe photos as I would love to see them.  I'm assuming if you click on the photo icon when replying to these msg's that it must be fairly straightforward to add one?  

Debi - sorry to hear that you have been in hospital with a temperature but thankfully no infection and you are safely back home.  Hope you are past the worst of the side effects by now.  You will get back to your running soon I'm sure xx

I'm doing fine and apart from taste.  I am soooooo looking forward to enjoying the taste of food again, hopefully in the next couple of weeks.  It's weird isn't it, I can't quite imagine how it will feel to go into a week 4 as I feel programmed on a 3 week chemo cycle now!  We may all have chemo withdrawal symptoms after this lot, lol...

Hope everyone else doing ok?  Let us know how it's going xxx

Hi Debi

I had surgery in march so ill be starting radiotherapy in september.  Where are u up to with your treatment? 

I consider myself lucky that mine was found early because i took myself to get checked after my mum was diagnosed in january.  Sadly it was too far advanced and she passed away 3 weeks later but if it wasnt for my mum being diagnosed i wouldnt have gone to get checked and i dread to think where i would be now.

Im resting as much as i can today to bank my energy for tomoro.  Im entered into the 10k but im doubtful ill be able to run much of it however ive raised over Β£300 in sponsorship so there's no way im not taking part.  

Sorry to hear u have been in hospital however glad there is no sign of infection. I hope u are still resting up and catching up on your sleep.

Take care ladies, speak soon

Sue xxx