350512posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 2020 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: April 2020 Chemo Starters

Thinking of you today Steph, hope it all goes really well for you.

And hope tomorrow goes well for you too Naomi and Fiona. I like the idea of playing that theme music Fiona and of imaging the chemo blowing up the cancer cells. Nice one.

Although my cycles should be every 3 weeks, this first one is 4 weeks so I have a free few days of feeling really well until Monday when it all starts again. I'm planning on spending the rest of today and tomorrow cooking dinners to restock the freezer. 

Last Saturday, like Fiona, I was stressing big time about my hair.  I'd tried the cold cap but it's really faffy and I couldn't be bothered. Plus when I was in hospital the other week I found it hard to manage my shoulder length hair with a cannula in my elbow. So my husband gave me a number 3 all over. Considering he's never used clippers before he's done a surprisingly neat job. But..... I love my hair and it's starting to hit me. I keep consoling myself with the promise that I will have my hair dyed all colours of the rainbow when I'm through treatment and can go to the hairdresser again.

Highlighted

Sorry Steph, just seen you start start today! Good luck lovely, stay positive. Once you’re there, you’ll feel better. Thinking of you xxx

Highlighted

So glad you’re feeling better about things Fiona. I look at the chemo ln the way your partner has suggested too. Just keep thinking that way and remind yourself regularly. I have found that when I’m feeling better (tend to have a bad week post chemo, then a good week before the next round), I have forgotten the bad week somewhat (a bit like childbirth), then go back for more! It’s amazing what we can cope with, both physically and mentally. 

I had my PICC line fitted yesterday too Steph! It was a bit sore for a couple of hours after but then fine thankfully. I’ve got my third round tomorrow, so I’ll be with you Fiona. Take care xx

Highlighted

Hi Steph

I'm hoping the theme song helps a bit with the actual process of the drugs going in. I know it doesn't hurt or anything but I keep feeling like I'll want to scream and pull the damn thing out before it even starts!! 

Oh, I know you were really anxious about the picc line going in. How are you feeling (other than sore)? And if you are sore, do take whatever pain meds they recommended - don't suffer unnecessarily. 

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I think you've totally nailed it, that the mental anticipation is excruciating. Once you've started, well, you're in it and the only way through is, as they say, through!!

Sending you love and strength and courage and warmth.

Fiona x

Highlighted

Glad you’re finding a way to feel positive Fiona. 

PICC line went in today (bit sore now). First treatment tomorrow. Feeling pretty scared but I think I’ll be able to handle the mental side of things better once it’s all started. Just got to deal with the physical challenges then

Highlighted

I spoke to the oncology nurse today, as I start my treatment on Wednesday.......! It was quite reassuring that she said they use a hot pad routinely before inserting the cannula so fingers crossed it goes ok. My veins tend to be fairly needle friendly so I'm hoping they stay that way! I've taken my hair down to a grade 1 cause I was stressing about it and wanted one less thing to stress about!

IMG-20200426-WA0003.jpeg

scary rocky horror picture show photo!! 

My partner came up with a fab idea as I've been worrying about "giving up" my physical wellbeing. I feel fine just now, healthy etc. And I'm really scared and resentful about being pumped full of toxic chemicals that will make me feel unwell (to some degree). She said to think of the chemo as if it were blowing up the cancer cells like in the opening credits of "The Good Fight".....fantastic idea! So I've downloaded the opening theme to play as they start the infusion. 

That's probably me in as positive a place as I can be in going into chemo. Here's hoping the side effects are manageable!

Are other folk on here gearing up for their 2and cycle? How are folks doing?

Hugs Fiona 

Highlighted

Sounds good Shi, I will do. Anything that helps preserve my veins will be good I think 💕

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi rainbow joy, I used mine all the time trying to preserve veins to avoid pic line or anything and luckily that worked for me, when you go for your bloods clench your fist, I found this helped a bit, but speak to your nurse to make sure ok for you to do that 👍 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thanks Shi. Is the heat pad something I should use every day at home or is it just something to use a few minutes before having my blood taken/cannula inserted? Hope I'm not sounding dense..... x

Highlighted

Aw Fiona I'm so glad you're starting this month. At least once you start you'll know what to expect 💕

Highlighted

Good luck mine started yesterday and I can say the experience wasn’t anywhere near as scary as I expected. Today I’ve pretty much slept all day it completely shatters you but so far no sickness just tiredness. Best of luck x

Highlighted

It's official! I will be an April 2020 starter.....sounds like it should be celebrated, and I suppose I am celebrating that isn't being put off another week! Not sure I could deal with more waiting.

Burst into tears when my nurse took me to show me round the treatment unit.....lots of anxiety and sadness and difficulty breathing. I'm terrified, probably more of the unknown than anything. The consultant was really reassuring about side effects etc, but that doesn't appear to jibe with a lot of people's experiences on here. Yes, degrees of difficulty, but no one seems to have it as straightforward as the consultant made it sound. To be fair though, at that point my brain was on overload.......

I would love to wallow in the futility of "I wish this wasn't happening" but I know that's not helpful or realistic. It's just, you know, sometimes reality bites? And I've had a succession of bitey reality in the last few years. I'd be ok with some marshmallow chewy goodness. Hmmm, one metaphor too far, perhaps?! And I have to decide on which hormone treatment to have.....

I'm so tired and I haven't even started yet.....🥺🥺

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi rainbow joy, you just hear it up in the microwave, it’s filled with beans or something, I got mine from Sainsbury’s back in 2017, they are like a draft excluder type thing only smaller, do you know what I mean? I think a lot of places use the bucket with warm water, you can also ask for a heat pad while you have your chemo too, can help a bit ❤️🤞🤞 that helps 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice @Shi. I will look into a microwave heat pad. How do I use it? When I go for chemo, the nurses in the unit always dunk pt's arms in a bucket of hot water to help fit the cannulas.

You're right, it's really crap @Naomi. Maybe a PICC is the way to go if I do end up in and out of hospital. I'm hoping this visit was a one-off and that they will adjust the dose, etc for next time. I just hate having a needle stuck in my arm because of not being able to shower and bathe freely.

There's definitely a lot to play on the mind. Hope you get on okay next Wed with your PICC being fitted and next round of chemo. Let us know how you get on x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rainbow joy sorry you ended up in casa nhs, glad you are home safe now. Did you get injections to give yourself at home after chemo to boost white blood? If not you might get given these next chemo, your onc might also reduce your dose (don’t worry if they do) your 100% dose, it’s all tailored to you. Get a microwave heat pad and put on arm 👍 this helps and it can happen your veins can end up looking like a shark attack up your arm, but it does go away after chemo 👍💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Joy,

I am so sorry you’ve had such an awful week. It’s all scary enough, but add in the threat of Covid- anxiety is just on another level! There’s no need to be polite about any of this. It’s just utter **bleep**. I’m so glad you’re feeling better (as can be) now though. 

I’ve had a wobble this week, with new pains and worrying the chemo isn’t working etc. And now my hair is falling out everywhere. I thought I was prepared but I’m just not! My arm is also sore from the chemo so I made a decision this morning and rang the unit to ask for a PICC line before my next round next Wednesday (my hospital aren’t offering Hickman lines as these need to be put in in theatre and they want to limit as much hospital visits as possible). That’s now worrying me too. It’s just a never ending train of constant worry 😩

Lots of love 

Naomi xxxx

Highlighted

Just wanted to have a quick catch-up. It's been lovely reading the thread and meeting everyone. This is such a good place to get support.

I was admitted in the early hours of last Wed morning with a slightly high temperature. I ended up staying in till Friday having oodles of IV antibiotics as well as injections into my tummy to raise my white cell count which had dropped to 0.04. They put me in a side room and all the staff worked hard to keep me as safe as possible. I did freak a bit on admission because the on-call doctor said I was displaying some symptoms of COVID so I was swabbed for that; thankfully it was negative. But it does play on your mind in the night when you're on your own.... I was so relieved it was all fine in the end.

One thing that is now causing me some anxiety is that my veins which have always been great have now shrunk with the chemo so it was getting more and more difficult to get blood each morning. I don't want a PICC or Hickman line (makes me shudder) but I am anxious about being constantly prodded with needles in different places on my arms. The phlebotomists were really kind and as gentle as possible and I must say it never hurt but it's unpleasant and made my palms sweat every time.

I'm now feeling more like myself and have another ten days before going back for the next round, provided my blood count is back up to normal.

I hate cancer and chemo. I hate not being in control of my body. It's pretty crap isn't it 😕

Highlighted

Hi Fiona

My first two-day session of chemo was fine and I didn't have any triggers. I warned the nurses on the second day of what to look out for just in case things happened quickly and I wasn't able to stay present. They were really lovely and understanding, and made me feel safe which helped enormously. I also have DID and my little girls have coped incredibly well so far.

I hope your chemo does go ahead as planned next Wed. It will help to get the first one over with so you know what to expect. If you think you would be best supported by having your partner with you, do phone the unit to explain. I'm sure they will understand and try to accommodate you if they possibly can.

Sending love and hugs,

Joy x

PS   It's so nice to meet someone else with C-PTSD on here 😘

Highlighted

Hey Fiona,

When I was first diagnosed I called my mother-in-law and asked her to emotionally support my husband through my cancer as I was focussing on keeping myself together (and also our teenage son). And I told my husband I couldn’t be responsible for his feelings about my cancer. I said it a bit nicer than that 😂🤣😂 MIL has been brilliant (calling him every day) and hubby has been crying/moaning with her (and not me)...which has been super helpful for both of us and is working for us. 

I don’t think there is any right or wrong way to do this.

I’ve been very clear with people from the start as to what I do and don’t need. And I’ve told them when they’re not being helpful 🙂

I’m lucky that I have a really diverse support network of people and I created that support group really early on...so no one person is supporting me with ALL of my rollercoaster emotions. I have different people I turn to for different things. Plus I’ve asked my friends to treat me as normal as possible and tell me their stuff too, which is working.  For me honesty works and I’m very honest (which works for me and the peeps I have around me) xoxo

Highlighted

I so love this! And the bit about kale is definitely short out loud funny!

Extending the metaphor, anyone else having issues with their main loved one (partner/family/friend/etc) wanting YOU to be the one that helps them with their worry about YOU?

And then you're like "leave me the hell alone, I've got a mountain lion on my ass!!! I know you are worried about me, but could you temporarily at least find someone else to share that with???????"

I hope so! Feeling bad for my partner, but also feeling suffocated....😢😢😢

Highlighted

Thank you! I do too......my partner and I are having snappy fights just now. She wants to help, I feel overwhelmed and withdraw, she feels insecure and offers more, I get more overwhelmed........!!! 

In terms of wise words - they are hard won!! 4.5 years of therapy and counting!! I STILL need to be reminded not to edit or judge or second guess my feelings. If my therapist mentions Rumi's poem The Guesthouse one more time....I'll either have serious words with him, or get it tattooed on my ass 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've now got an ECG on Wednesday, so that makes me think it is even more likely that I'll start chemo on the 29th. Fingers crossed, and thank you so much xx

Highlighted

Hi Fiona, such wise words about expressing ourselves in the way we most need.  You've certainly been on a real conveyor belt, three months ago I hadn't even had the recall letter from the screening system yet and I thought that was quick, but 7 weeks is superfast!

I know what you mean about surrendering our health, but in a slightly different way.  Both my parents lived to over 90 without any really serious health concerns until the last few years so I blithely thought I'd inherited those genes and was going to follow a similar path.  I've certainly had to reassess those smug expectations!

As for shielding - I haven't been anywhere expect hospitals and walks for exercise since 20 March.  The walks will soon have to stop but I can't seriously isolate myself inside my own house.  My daughter has done all the cooking since my second surgery on 2 Apr and is going to continue - but we sit at the same table and on the same sofa, and I sleep in the same bed as my husband.  I don't intend to change any of those things unless I have a very good reason!

Good luck with your appointments - hope you have some more clarity on your treatment soon

Highlighted

Hi I'm Fiona (or Fidget, I really don't mind).

I haven't started chemo yet, but as they have not been slow about ANY aspect of treatment, I suspect I will be starting next Wednesday, the 29th. I should find out this Thursday when I have my first appt with my oncologist.

I found a lump 7 weeks ago. Since then I have been referred to breast clinic, biopsied, scanned, mammogrammed, diagnosed, had my lumpectomy and path results! I've barely caught up with myself.....

I had a grade 3 er+ her2+ tumour. 0/2 lymph nodes tested positive. Clear margins around the mass which was good as initially they thought they were going to have to do a mastectomy. 

I'm freaking the hell out about chemo. I've had a challenging few years with poor mental health (complex ptsd which comes with poor sleep, anxiety++++, fatigue, way poor self esteem etc). The only thing I feel I've had to hold on to is my physical health which has been really good (if you ignore dips in energy). The thought of "giving up" my health, even temporarily makes me want to explode! I feel like I've already lost so much that I can't contemplate or process this reality.

I agree with other comments that the anticipation is probably worse than the thing itself, but I still feel really aggrieved and resentful and angry (even if my mountain lion  isn't as big or ferocious as other mountain lions!)

Can I ask how much other people are shielding? Are you avoiding all contact with members of your household? Are you prepping your own food/washing everything separately? It seems to me that there needs to be a degree of pragmatism while not being reckless. How do others manage that balance?

Thank you x

Highlighted

Hi Steph

I too feel the pressure to be the "you're so inspiring" cancer patient. I want to have a freaking strop! I don't, because....well, long story, but essentially I'm programmed to be too "nice" to lose it like that.

I think "feeling our feels" is one of the hardest things to do, yet vital for our survival and overall wellness. I 'know' this....I just don't do it! So, if you can, allow yourself to go with what you are feeling. There are no 'right' or 'wrong' responses....there are just our responses, varied, valid and worth paying attention to.

Highlighted

Hi Joy

I've not started my chemo yet, I might be next week, or I'll slip over into May starters, but I wanted to say hi, as I also have cptsd and I'm struggling to contain how I feel in relation to any of the crazy stuff going on just now!! I'm SOOOO glad that you spoke to your team, and they sound like the responded with a lot of understanding and compassion.

I'd just started EMDR when the lockdown started which was super unhelpful so I find myself swinging from "too" okay, to borderline suicidal which is a tad wearing to say the least! However, I have really good support over the telephone and I'm kinda finding my feet here too, so hopefully that'll all help.

I think you are going into this as well as anybody can. You recognised a panic, asked for help, got a wee plan in place for 1st session at least. I reckon that's how I keep going.....I remember to talk and ask for help (after burying my head for a while, cause that's a thing too!)

Anyway, I hope your first session was ok? And that you are coping with side effects, etc. 

Take care

Fiona x

Highlighted

Hi Naomi, good to hear from you.  I'm glad you're managing OK and that they were able to respond to how you were feeling.  It'll be nice to compare notes as we go through this experience!  I think you're right that the anticipation is awful - before treatment every day brings it closer to starting, but once you're into it every day brings you closer to the end.  That's what I'm telling myself a lot at the moment anyway!

Highlighted

Hi Steph,

It sounds like you are on the exact chemo plan as me. It was completely terrifying when you have to listen to all the side effects and feels like you’re signing your life away! I think it’s been made worse as I’ve had to go to my appointments alone too (I’m not great at doing things on my own at the best of times!). So far I’m two rounds in after EC. They reduced the Epirubicin by 20% this time and I have to say I feel much better this time around. It hasn’t been as awful as I had built up in my head. I think it’s the fear of the unknown and once you’ve been there it’s not so bad- plus the nurses have all been lovely. 

I’ve been told I need a PICC line too but they gave me the option to try peripherally first. So far I’ve had it twice peripherally and the nurse felt I had another good vein in my left hand to try a third time (I’m avoiding my right arm as this is my writing hand). She felt that I will need the PICC line for the 4th round. Don’t be afraid to ask if you’d rather put off the line too!

Naomi xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

❤️Wallflower, you will do things when you are ready to ❤️ Joan lunden and robin roberts (USA) are tnbc survivors and they have videos on online which helped. One step at a time and day by day at your own pace ❤️ you always do what’s right for you ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thanks for the replies.  Shi, I have the book you mention but haven't had the courage to open it yet let alone read it!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi wallflower ❤️ You cry, scream shout do what ever you want ❤️ There are no right or wrongs on this journey, you do everything in your own way and own time ❤️ Do use your bcn to speak to about your fears and concerns and side effects, everyone has different se’s on chemo, it’s like trying to juggle a few balls one handed ❤️ Once you have first treatment out of the way, you will find you settle into a routine with it, and the juggling of the balls gets a bit easier ❤️ Ask away on here and always speak to your unit, if your antisickness meds don’t work, tell your unit they will tweak them till they get right combination for you, you don’t need to struggle through ❤️ Keep drinking at least 2l of water a day it helps flush things through ❤️ For tn’s a good book that helped me was surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia prijatel, it’s not for everyone but it helped me back in 2017, so thought I’d mention ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Steph, 

Good to connect. I think it's very human to feel scared and angry. I cry all the time too.

I also worry about the line but a good friend told me something that has helped which is '1000s of women have walked this path before you. You can do it too' It helped me focus on the fact that it is possible to do this, since lots of others have managed it. 

Of course that doesn't make it easier but its something I say to myself when the fear builds. 

Hope you are recovering from surgery. I had a mastectomy 3 weeks ago and am starting to feel stronger xxxx

Highlighted

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself to the group too.  I'm Steph and have also been diagnosed triple negative.  I've had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy and there was no lymph node involvement.  I start 4 cycles of EC chemo on 28 Apr followed by 12 weeks of paclitaxel concurrently with four cycles of carboplatin.  This makes a daunting total of 24 weeks.  I won't be done with this till October!

I have to say I'm terrified by the whole thing.  The list of side effects is beyond alarming and I'm dreading the whole hair loss thing. I've ordered a wig and various hats etc online but everything's taking longer because of the virus and nothing's arrived yet

I also have to go and have a PICC line fitted the day before my treatment starts and I think this is the most terrifying thing of all.  I'm very squeamish at the best of times and the thought of this plastic thing embedded in me for 6 months just makes me feel sick.  I know it's stupid but I feel like there's pressure to be the cheerful, brave cancer patient putting their best foot forward but I'm the frightened, angry cancer patient who cries all the time!

Highlighted

Good luck to you while you start. 

Its great to hear you have a plan and they have adapted it to get you the treatment you need whilst in lockdown.

Also good you start also while the rest if the world is inside! 

I'm sure it is hard with your kids. I these what you are saying. It makes everything complicated. I'm also taking this one day at a time and trying not to let my head race away and think about the months ahead shielding 🌈

Highlighted

Hi Ali

It's all pretty daunting isn't it? I am triple negative and I had my lumpectomy on 20th March.  I found out my treatment plan last week and it will be 4 cycles of EC and 4 cycles of poclitaxol 2 weeks apart rather than 3 weeks apart....I assume due to covid 19 they are trying to reduce treatment time.  I am just relieved that the waiting is finally over and the treatment can start....especially while the rest of the world is in lockdown!

I have 2 kids are 10 and 12 and they are struggling to used to the idea of 4 months of shielding but I guess we have to take it step by step and not think too far ahead.  Who different our journey might have been without covid 19.....

Good luck meantime 

Xx

Highlighted

Great advice, thanks Shi. Will order thermometer now x 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi again Ali, just take it one step at a time, it’s a lot to process all at once ❤️ When you know your chemo plan, let us know what the plan is, others will pop on and offer tips too 👭 get a thermometer so you can keep track of your temp and a notebook so you can keep track of meds and also to write down questions for your team, you can write their responses down to your questions too, useful to refer back to. You should get a rapid response card and a number to call❤️ Always call and check things out your team would rather you do this to get you safely through 👍❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi all 🌈💕

I've jumped on here today and wanted to introduce myself as I'm due to start chemo soon.

I'm Ali, mama of 3 tiny children age 6,4 and 2. I'm 39 and was diagnosed with triple negative BC 13 March. Due to the pressures on my local health system during covid I was offered a mastectomy 27 March (rather than chemo first). I opted for the surgery and the pathology showed 3 tumors, stage 1, grade 3. 

I am unsure of my chemo plan but will start soon. My oncologist is deciding how many rounds and of what I should have. I am absolutely overwhelmed by it because of the pandemic, so it is lovely to meet others going through this to connect and hear how you are managing each day. 

My 3 tinys have been home since I got diagnosis and even if schools and nurseries re open they will stay off and we will be shielding while I access treatment.  

It sounds like you ladies are doing a fab job of getting through this one day at a time. It is wonderful to meet you all xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mrsgo, ❤️ You need to keep trying on the phone or create an account online, they won’t be able to identify you otherwise because they won’t have your details on record 🤞🤞you need to let your water companies, electric companies, gas companies know too, so if anything goes off you get priority there too 👍💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thank you. I have tried calling and emailing but no luck! I will keep my fingers crossed I appear on the system soon. Thanks for the other tips, it feels very positive to do lots of research!

Coming back to the subject of Covid 19 - I have been advised not to leave the house for 4 months, not even for a walk. My household should not leave the house either. This is going to be a huge challenge for us, especially the children who have already been isolating for a month. I assume everyone else is being advised the same?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Mrs go, you need to create an account with the supermarkets and then there is a page to put your details on as high risk, a couple of numbers you can try Tesco 08009177359 and Sainsbury’s 0800636262, you might already have tried these. I was triple negative and Patricia prijatel book surviving triple negative breast cancer helped me a lot, also people like Joan lunden, robin roberts who were triple negative too. You do this journey in your own way and in your own time, you do what’s right for you ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Thank you. I am due to start next week and it is pretty daunting in this Covid 19 world. They have condensed my treatment so they are 2 week cycles rather than 3 weeks - is anyone else experiencing this? I think it is going to be pretty brutal but at least treatment will be done in 4 months rather than 6 (I am triple negative stage 1 if interested!). It is going to also be tough for the family as we have to completely isolate for 4 months and I am not allowed out of the house!

One thing I am concerned about is getting food! I am now on the vulnerable list but no sign of any supermarkets contacting me and you can't seem to contact them!!

Highlighted

Hi ladies,

I have been reading your thread and thought I’d introduce myself. My name is Naomi, I’m 37 and I have three children (5, 4 and 9 months). I was diagnosed with triple negative grade 3 breast cancer (with lymph node involvement) in March and started my first round of chemo (EC) on 1st April (not such a fun April fools joke!).

I was completely knocked out for a full 6 days post chemo. Luckily the nausea wasn’t as bad as I was expecting but the exhaustion was awful. I literally couldn’t move the entire time and would feel dizzy and faint if I stood up. At the time I thought it would never end but I started to feel better the following week and have been back to my normal self for the past few days.

My oncologist wants to reduce the next dose slightly as she doesn’t want me that knocked out as I need my strength to get through the next 4 months of this, then surgery following that. I have my second round this afternoon, so hoping the symptoms will be slightly better this time 🤞. I haven’t experienced any hair loss yet but am fully expecting that to start over the next week or so. I wore a cold cap during my first round and will do again today. Hoping it will help a bit!

Hope you are all well. Thinking of you all. Lots of love xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Rainbow joy ❤️ Do read old threads they are fountain of help. I was oct17 thread and the May17, july17 and sept17 threads and others walked us safely through chemo ❤️And you will do the same for the threads that follow ❤️ Step by step you will do it ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

I know I'm a bit late to the thread but yes, I had a very sore achy body (am on the same 3 drugs as you but thankfully no reactions). My ribs, back and stomach felt like they were being kicked and squeezed. Thankfully that's eased off in the last couple of days. 

I've found drinking loads of squash is really helping keep nausea at bay. 

The worst thing yesterday was discovering my favourite Galaxy chocolate tastes salty - eugh! Unpleasant surprise. That may have to wait until I'm through all my chemo before indulging. At least it should help me lose weight....!

Highlighted

Thanks Shi. The actual chemo process wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, in fact it was fine. But two days later the effects hit me. Blimey..... Feel like I'm coming back to the land of the living now.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sosoblue ❤️ On the t a lot of us found udderly smooth with extra urea from Amazon sorted out the dry skin well ❤️ Nothing else seemed to work for a lot of us other than this, it was a tip passed onto us from an angel called tatyana ❤️ Hope this helps 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sosoblue -sorry you are suffering - have you rung to ask advice from your chemo unit re your poor hands and rash - you may need steroid cream to help settle things down - please don't suffer - there may be something they can advise to settle things down .Dont worry if you have to ring the helpline every day -that's what it's there for .x

Highlighted

I’m glad that you don’t suffering like me. I had to rushed to day unit on Wednesday because my temperature high + irregular heartbeat & chestpain. I was so scared but all the blood results came out ok. Still not sure what caused it. I suspected Herceptin 😕 They sent me home & told me to keep an eyes on the symptoms, didn’t want me admitted because Covid19. Today I’m feeling a little bit better but noticed the side effects from drugs with my body. My hands are sore, cracked, peeling and blisters everywhere 😰 Worse than granny hands!!!! Don’t know what to do about it. Also some red rash on my face. It’s a nightmare. Only 1 week from 1 round!!!

xxxxxx

Highlighted

Hey Sosoblue

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a difficult time of it. I'm on day 9 of my first cycle of FEC-T and apart from being sick on the first day because I didn't take the nausea tablets quickly enough and my hubby was cooking a curry (yuk smells) I don't feel any different to "normal". So I'm just being super grateful that "today I'm ok" and trying my best to enjoy it.

My temperature was high this week, so I called the 24hr number and they asked me to pop to the day unit. They gave me some antibiotics and sent me home.

I'm sure my time will come, however just for today everything is OK.

xoxo

Highlighted

How you getting on with your Chemo? Hope it not as bad as my xxxx