April 2022 Chemotherapy Starters

I’m due to start chemo on Friday (1st April) and wondered whether anyone else fancies joining me for the ride?

I’ll be having 4 x EC followed by up to 12 weekly paclitaxel with 3 weekly Herceptin. Absolutely dreading the first round whilst at the same time wanting to get it over and done with. I’m struggling with lots of negative thoughts at the moment and am envisaging everything possible going wrong! I’ll sure it’s just fear of the unknown and once I get started I’ll be a bit more rational. 

Anyway, if you’re facing the prospect of starting treatment then I hope you’re doing ok and if you read this and you’ve already started your treatment then I’d love some words of wisdom! xx

Daisy79 Sorry you find yourself on here, take it one step at a time you will get through Get thermometer to keep check on your temperature, drink 2-3 l fluids a day during chemo keeps everything flushing through. Get some senokot or something and anosol the steroids can block you up on chemo. If your antisickness meds don’t work ring your team on your rapid response number they will tweak your meds to get right combination for you, don’t struggle through thinking oh this is chemo Do read previous chemo threads they will help, do also ask away on here everyone is here for you and there will be others who join you on the April chemo thread :two_women_holding_hands: step by step you will get each other through :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Hi Daisy, 

I’m starting chemo on April 7th and also not sure what to expect. I’m prepared for it to be awful, and then can only be pleasantly surprised if it’s any easier. I’ve read such a mixed bag about how people react to it. 

I think they have monthly chemo starters groups here but for the life of me I can’t seem to find it. If anyone could point me in the right direction? 

Best of luck tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you. Would love to have someone to share the journey with. :slightly_smiling_face:  

Clo 

Hi, I am starting Chemo on 1 April too… 12 weekly paclitaxel with 3 weekly Herceptin for a year. All the best to you.

Hi,

Just found this forum. I had my first FEC round 3 weeks ago, and have my second tomorrow.  I’m having 3 rounds of FEC, followed by 3 Docetaxel, along with Herceptin for 6 months. I was diagnosed in December, had a Mastsectomy in January, then got the shock news that I needed chemo too in February, having originally been told I would only Ned surgery. 

I feel I’ve recovered well from the first FEC, but am expecting each one to get a little bit tougher…trying to take each day as it comes, but some days it’s hard not to start worrying about what future rounds will be like!