Chemo end Feb, Nail polish & Hand creams

Hi ladies

I am due to start chemo end Feb and was wondering if any of you are thinking about painting your nails to help keep them as strong as  an be i know tbey suggest dark colours to keep the light out wondering if anyone has tried if it works?

Also ang good hand creams for hands and nails?

Also what to put in a cadi beside the sofa or bed for days dont feel like doing alot, not started yet so not sure how i will be. 

Thanks

X

Hi mel1989 Painted nails dark during fec-t chemo, kept fingernails ok just lost couple of toe nails. Good cream lots of us used is udderly smooth with extra urea from Amazon quenched skin on hands and feet very well during chemo But go with what works for you, it really is keep trying till you find what works for you Lip balm in chemo caddy, lips can get quite dry (or mine did anyway) I kept notepad of when I’d taken meds etc because chemo brain can happen so wrote things down and took temperature regular so get thermometer too in your caddy :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

Hi @mel1989  

I used a nail cream from here: polybalm.com/  Found it in a blog and researched about it - bought from Amazon.  Pricy but it did work.  I don’t paint my nails so nail polish was not an option for me and I was also told not wear it by a nurse.  I applied the cream 2-3 times a day and it has helped - not lost any nails, the chemo tracks (white or dark curves that show up on your nails - see the pics on the link above) are hardly noticeable.  I am now only on Phesgo but am still using the cream.

Take care, Kaisa