1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2017 Chemo Starters

Camilla9

Re: December 2017 Chemo Starters

Thanks everyone. I'm really worried and feeling low.

If it is breast cancer in the lung then I will be having ongoing treatment to keep it at bay for as long as the treatment is working. I will be tied to the hosp for the rest of my life and the thought of constant, ongoing chemo is awful.

Results of scan on Fri.

Cathsin

Hope all goes well today Camilla and I agree with Shi the oncologist should have chosen her words more appropriately x
Dramaminx

All the best today Camilla xx
Jencat

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Camilla x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Camilla ❤️❤️❤️👭👭👭❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘😘for tomorrow, keep 💪💪💪💪because you are, oh and take a big band aid for the rent a gob onc who shouldn’t be making uneducated assumptions without full facts, which they don’t have yet. 💕💕💕Shi xx
runawaygirl248

Fingers crossed Camilla that the scan on Monday shows the nodule on your lung has shrunk with the chemo and then you have a clearer picture. I think that members of the medical team do not always think before they speak and as someone said, they may have been speaking out loud. 

xx

Karebear

I think we will all be thinking of you Camilla getting your scan on Monday.
Xx

Camilla9

Thanks for all your support. 

Yes, I knew from the start I had a nodule in the lung which they thought cld be benign - or not, depending on whether it reacted to the chemo. The BC nurse told me after the surgeon had left the room that in a PET scan I had about 2 months ago, there were signs of shrinkage. ( No-one had told me.)

I have a CT scan Mon to see how the nodule looks 2 months further on, then the discussion on Fri.

Will report back after that meeting.  😖

Unicorngirlmummy

Oh Camilla, please don’t lose your hope 😘 I have a nodule in my lung which didn’t change with chemo. They now think it’s benign. Before they came to that decision they were talking about micro-ablation to it. Have they said how big it is? I’d imagine they’ll want a pet scan? I know how scary and deflating it is when you think you’re almost there and how hard it is to try and stay positive. They will have to discuss you at their MDT and they will come up with the best plan for you. Sending you a big hug. I messaged my BCN in the week to see when my appointment for results is likely to be......the 15th!!! Almost a month later 😬😳😩 xx
Dramaminx

Camilla, this is obviously a shock and you need time to absorb it. But as things stand, nothing has changed and they just want to have the whole picture so they know how best to proceed with your treatment. Didn’t you have something in your lung originally that they ruled out? Sorry if I’ve got that wrong. It sounds like the dr was thinking out loud, which has obviously scared you. It’s horrible going to an appointment expecting one thing and being told something different. It’s unsettling and all of a sudden everything seems up in the air again. We are all very fragile at the moment and it doesn’t take much to push us over. But we get back up again because that’s what we do. Try to concentrate on what you know to be fact and don’t let your mind run away with you. This time next week everything may be fine again. But if it does turn out to be something, please don’t dwell on anything being incurable. Everything is treatable. I tell myself that MS and Parkinson’s are not curable but they are treatable, and those treatments are getting better all the time xxx
KirstyH

Oh Camilla what an awful thing for her to say and for you to go through! Everything crossed for you on the next scan. Whatever it shows you will be strong and continue fighting xx 💪😘😘
Cathsin

Camilla she thinks ... what a statement to make must be awful for you . The waiting is not good hope it turns out ok fingers crossed for you x
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Camilla 👭👭👭👭❤️❤️❤️❤️Has she made that statement without doing all the necessary X-rays and things, I know your head must be 🤯🤯🤯at this moment in time but please my beautiful 💪💪💪lady keep positive and 💪💪💪💪till they have one the scans etc and know for sure which they won’t till all the checks have been done. Keep positive you are beating this and you will beat this 😘😘😘💕💕Shi xx
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Unicorngirlmummy ❤️❤️❤️You are amazing 💪💪💪💪💪sending you 💕💕💕💕and 🦋🦋🦋🦋beautiful lady 😘😘😘💕💕💕Shi xx
Camilla9

I had a meeting with the breast surgeon yesterday and assumed I'd have a date for my op. Instead I received a shock. She thinks a nodule in my left lung is cancerous and is now in a quandary as to how to proceed. If I have the op, the cancer in the lung will have no treatment during that time so the plan may be to not have the op and focus on the lung.

I have a CT scan on Mon to have another look at the nodule then another appt with the surgeon next Fri to determine what to do.

Breast cancer in the lung is incurable, I would have to have treatment to try to suppress it for the rest of my life.

I have always faced my breast cancer with hope - that I could beat it eventually, so have always felt positive.

I don't feel positive now.

Karebear

Round 3 of radiotherapy done
Boob is abit tender
Xx
Jencat

I'm sorry Unicorngirlmummy that you've still got a while to wait for the results, the waiting is horrible. I really feel for you having so many ops in such a short space of time.

It was nice to chat to someone who understands about bc xx

Unicorngirlmummy

Ah that sounds lovely Jencat 🙂 It really does help to talk to someone who knows exactly what you’re going through. I hope that I’ll have an appointment next week 😬 I’ve messaged the BCN to see if she’s any idea how long it’ll be. I know that it’ll be next Thursday at the earliest though, having had 3 other ops in the last 18 months, I know the drill!! 😂🙈 I hope everyone is ok xx
Jencat

Glad you're ok Unicorngirlmummy, but as you say, waiting for the results is very hard. When do you get them?

Yes, I'm enjoying this week, feels quite strange as if I'm playing truant! Lol Smiley Happy Had a nice time today-met Lesley from the Nov thread for a coffee. It was lovely to be able to chat to someone who understands what you've been/going through xx

Unicorngirlmummy

Thank you Jencat, not too bad. It’s the agonising wait for the results which is the worst. I hope you’re enjoying your week of no appointments xx
Jencat

Hope you're recovering well Unicorngirlmummy xx

Unicorngirlmummy

Hope your last chemo is uneventful Camilla. And hopefully you’ll get to see your daughter before your op. Hope all you ladies having radiotherapy are getting on ok with it xx
rabbit28

Camilla good luck with your final chemo today xx

Cathsin

Camilla yes those steroids at least you know this is Defo your last a milestone to be ticked off x
Karebear

Well done getting your last chemo today Camilla
I hope your S/E are minimal this cycle.
Xx
Camilla9

Infuriating. Chemo day today and been awake since 2am. Now 3 30. Blaming the steroids, of course. 😞

Camilla9

I live in Broadstairs in kent, 300 miles away from Annabel. 😧

Camilla9

I'm hoping to visit my daughter in Cornwall between end of chemo and Op. Hope they give me time for that.

Her baby is now 7 months old and I'm missing so much. Hard for her to come to me as her husband building an extension so he's tied up and v busy -  so Annabel, my daughter, has 3 dogs to walk, 2 stepdaughters to ferry to school and the baby. ( I won't be there for a rest, I expect shopping, cleaning, cooking and ironing will come my way, not to mention babysitting)

But nice to be needed and useful and to be able to lift up the baby for cuddles, while I still can!! Fingers crossed I get there.

😦

runawaygirl248

Good luck with the last chemo Camilla and hope all goes well with your appointment re surgery and yep you definitely get to keep your underwear on for surgery! 

Had my 1st radiotherapy of 20 sessions today so 19 to go! 😄

Kirsty and Sam...hope you are OK and resting up after your surgeries xx

runawaygirl248

Good luck with the last chemo Camilla and hope all goes well with your appointment re surgery and yep you definitely get to keep your knickers on for surgery! 

Had my 1st radiotherapy of 20 sessions today so 19 to go! 😄

Kirsty and Sam...hope you are OK and resting up after your surgeries xx

Unicorngirlmummy

That’s good to hear you’ve an appointment Camilla, although not the best timing when you’re feeling rubbish from chemo 😕 Yep, knickers stay on. They give you a pair of surgical stockings to wear too xx
Cathsin

That's good Camilla that they are not hanging around x
KirstyH

Yip knickers stay on, everything else off lol xx
Karebear

You wear your knickers
Camilla9

Thanks Unicorngirlmummy.

I have been given an appt with the breast surgeon on Thurs, the day after my extra chemo. Was surprised at the speed.

A random question and if you all want to laugh, go ahead, but when you go in for your op are you starkers or can you wear knickers?

Apart from an impacted wisdom tooth I've never had an op, so am completely in the dark ...

Unicorngirlmummy

Enjoy a week of no hospital appointments Jencat 🙂 Good luck with your last chemo on Wednesday Camilla xx
Jencat

Thanks Cathsin x

SamH87

Hey Cathsin! I’ve added you on Facebook! 🙂 x
Cathsin

When you are ready my details are in a earlier post add me and I will
add you to the group
Jencat

Cathsin, I'm not on Facebook at the moment, but I can log in via my daughter and I'm thinking of setting up my own account  x

Cathsin

Jencat are you on Facebook
Jencat

Thank you Unicornmummy x I'm waiting to start radiotherapy next week, so making the most of no hospital appointments this week, although in a way I'd rather just get started.

Hope you're ok and not feeling sore xx

Cathsin

Good you have own room it makes a difference doesn't it . Glad your drain is slowing down and fingers crossed for you being allowed home today x
KirstyH

Yeah it will definitely be in your best interest so just need to grin and bear it for the last one.

Im hopefully getting home today as drain has slowed right down and draining less but will wait and see what they say. Luckily ive had my own wee room so been fine for sleeping, although its the having to sleep on my back thats caused most probs, as its too sore/uncomfy to lie any other way. My body has seemed to get used to it tho and managed some sleep xx
Camilla9

No, Kirsty, have not been told why I had to have an extra chemo. My Onc was on hol at the time and is based at a diff hosp to me 16 miles away, she's also part-time so appts are like gold dust, I've only seen her once since first meeting in Nov.

A nurse from the chemo unit just phoned and told me and said it had been decided at a meeting where I was discussed.

I accept it is no doubt in my best interest, just disappointing.

Do you go home tomorrow? How has it been on the ward? Are you able to sleep?

KirstyH

Good luck with final chemo on wed Camilla, did they ever tell you the reason why they stuck an extra one on the end? Xx
rabbit28

Hi Cathsin,  no I don't use Facebook either, closed my account a couple of years ago xx

Camilla9

Cathsin, no not on Facebook, will just have to continue on here.

Those who have just had ops, I hope ur recovery is straightforward and you're progressing well.

I have my 7th, unwelcome chemo on Weds so am way behind you re my op.

Some sunshine and warmth have helped a lot though esp as husband away on a golfing holiday.

Hugs to all, we're getting through it!!

Unicorngirlmummy

Thank you Jencat x hope you are doing well xx
Jencat

Unicornmummy, glad your op went ok and you were able to go home yesterday. I've been thinking about you x