350059posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

December 2019 Chemo Starters

Highlighted

Re: December 2019 Chemo Starters

Madcatlady that's great news that you don't have any DVTs. The difference in size is likely to be random, nothing to do with your heart position (I'm a physio). Hopefully they will settle down soon. Have they given you antibiotics?

Last paclitaxel today πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. All fine and I have that end if term, breaking up for summer holidays feeling! Until the steroids wear off....

Rizzer's last one today, I think. Hope it all went well Rizzer.

Ladies, we are all getting there. What are next steps for everyone after chemo? I had surgery in November so it's radiotherapy, then tamoxifen and ovarian suppression for me x

Highlighted

Hi ladies

How are you all today? It's so beautiful outside with everything growing, and lots to look atπŸŒ·πŸπŸ¦‹

I had a scan on both legs on Tuesday afternoon and there were no signs of blood clots, so I was told to carry on with the antibiotics but to stop the blood thinning injections - whooppee! So looks like cellulitis after all. 

It's not nice, but I'm so relieved it's not anything like DVT. My legs are still tender and my ankles are swollen, but seem a bit less warm and red, just mottled.

Mc22, you've got to keep a sense of humour when you look like a mad professor on the top (odd strands of hair that didn't fall out on the crown that are sticking up now amongst a bit of new fuzz) and fat corned beef legs! It's not a pretty sight.

Lady34, I think what you said about side effects all coming with the last one is interesting. Although my ankles swelled at the end of the fifth cycle it wasn't like this. I feel more tired too although that is probably the cumulative nature of chemo.

Silvertong, it's my left leg and ankle that are worse too. Could it be anything to do with the heart being on the left side? Mine's a social care background, not health, so I could be entirely miaowing up the wrong tree.

Rizzer, the barrel pond is done! It's a bit of a Heath Robinson affair and probably won't last more than a year, but it's kept me out of mischief. Now the veg bed...

MrsS1968, the last paclitaxel today!! I do hope it goes according to plan and safely. Rizzer, is your last one next week? 

Take care, ladies. We're motoring through (even if it feels more like a crawl at times).

xx

Highlighted

Horizon last night on cancer did anyone see it? Prostrate treatable with New radiotherapy robot. Skin liver lungs with a new chemo drug taken by the patient. Both remarkable results 

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ€

Highlighted

Madcatlady - so sorry to hear about your latest hospital drama. I hope you are now feeling better.  It is always the very last part of a journey that is often the toughest.  I get the impression that you have managed to hang on to a sense of humour (albeit the dry variety) which I am sure will see you through.  As Charles Chaplin once said 'humour is a great preserver of sanity'.

Sending lots of love to yourself and all.

Mc22 x

Highlighted

Lady34

We are all so lucky to be coming to the end of chemo x

Highlighted

Had my last of 3 paclitaxel aka Yew

fortunately only had these se this time so not complaining actually not complaining at all as grateful to be through my chemo. 

All the very best for Thursday. Your last one

πŸŒ²πŸ‘πŸ½πŸŒ²πŸ€ž

Highlighted

Oh dear Lady34,

That sounds awful. What chemo drug have you been on?

I have had a lot of pain and fatigue this week, but last paclitaxel on Thursday! X

Highlighted

Evening All

Hows everyone doing ?

looks like I’m finishing my chemo with a final finale managed to get all the se I missed out on. Major lower back ache for 2 days Pin’s and needles in fingers and feet plus diorear!  

Keeping everything crossed nothing else arrives. 🀞

Madcatlady hoping you’re swellings gone and you’re ok 

Huge hugs to all 

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’•

Highlighted

Hey madcatlady, I’m so sorry to hear about the swollen legs. As you say - it really is the gift that keeps on giving....more drugs, more injections, more scans etc etc just when you thought it was over. So glad to hear you’re home and - I hope - being well taken care of. Sending you lots of love and healing thoughts Xxx

Highlighted

Dear madcatlady 

another brush with nhs casa but great you’re back home. I know what it’s like one phone call to helpline and you’re dealing with a lot more. But chill now you know what it is. Horsefly blimey! 

I also had one swollen foot showed hubby but it then went down. 

Fingers crossed we all stay away from nhs. 

Hugs to all 

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ½

Highlighted

Poor you, Madcatlady. Thank goodness you were allowed to come home. Hope it all settles down quickly x

Highlighted

Wow, that really is rotten, Madcatlady. Glad you didn't have to stay in though. 🀞 for your scan. 

I've certainly got swollen feet and ankles and have put it down to a combo of the treatment and lack of exercise. My left leg seems a bit worse and my arm seems to have joined the soles of my feet in numbness so I'm wondering if it might be something more/different.

Highlighted

Happy Easter, lovely fluffy ladies! 🐣🐀😊

Sorry, I would have said this yesterday, but I ended up at the hospital...chemo really is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it?...

I started getting swollen feet and ankles on Thursday, but as it had happened on my last cycle at exactly the same time (i.e. just at the end), and it is a common side effect, I wasn't too worried.

But then both lower legs became warm and red yesterday morning, so I rang the chemo unit helpline and they asked me to come in. Both the doctor and nurse thought it was most likely to be cellulitis (which I did get last summer after a horsefly bite). Apparently it can occur from the swelling alone as chemo can make skin drier and more susceptible, and if you've had it once, you can get it again.

I'd taken my hospital bag with me just in case (knowing my track record!), but thankfully I was allowed out with antibiotics and blood thinners. They didn't think it was a clot but I will be contacted for a scan and so the blood thinners are a precaution pending the appointment.

(Just when you thought it was all over and you could hand over your sharps bin....more injections into the tummy 😣).

Hope everyone has been enjoying the lovely weather.

xx

Highlighted

🐣 For sure I look like a fluffy chick but not so cute πŸ˜€

Enjoy the day ladies xxx

Highlighted

Happy Easter to all, especially if you still look like a fluffy baby chick! (No, I am not posting any photos!)

πŸ€πŸ£πŸ‡πŸ’πŸ₯š

Highlighted

Happy Easter ladies 🐣🐰 xxx

Highlighted

Happy Easter 🐣 gorgeous ladies! Xxx

Highlighted

livers_0-1586677151539.png

Happy Easter everyone 🍫🍫 x

Highlighted

Great news livers. I have one more weekly paclitaxel next Thursday. Waiting for appointment for radiotherapy which will be at least 3 weeks after finishing chemo. I will be having 15 as they cant give 5 through my reconstruction as they give 5 at a higher dose.

Highlighted

I have had steroids by IV with both my 3 x EC and 3 x T (Docetaxel) treatments, then tablet form for 3 days followed by the filigstram injections for 7 days.

I’m sorry but I’ve completely lost track of what stage everybody is at with their treatment - I think most of us are just waiting to start radiotherapy now?  My 1st radio is on 24/4 and I was told they will confirm at that appointment whether I will have 5 or 15 days of treatment 🀞

Have a great Easter everyone πŸ«πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’•

Highlighted

Thanks Rizzer. Only one more to go is what is keeping me going right now. Hope you get a good night's sleep too x

Highlighted

Hey mrsS, I’m with you on the pains now...Felt like a very old frail person today. For some reason my left side is far worse than my right. Take care love, hope you can get some sleep tonight X

Highlighted

Hi madacatlady

Had the best night's sleep in ages with a temazapam and back to my normal routine of leaving my phone downstairs.

SEs kicking in now. Pains big time 😒

Highlighted

Hi Madcatlady on day 4 been struggling with similar swollen ankles, mouth, tiredness and pain and anxiety but this price is being paid for the last time. After tomorrow I’ll start to feel better as previous experience has shown. Hope so. In the scheme of things what I’m going through is pale in comparison to what the virus is doing. 

I feel so much sorrow and will contribute to help others once I’m on my feet again. For now must get stronger even laugh again.πŸ˜€

Longing to just have my morning fresh coffee again. I’ve not had a big salad with lemon dressing even πŸ˜€ not long to wait I hope. 

Onco told me not to have grapefruit or pomagrante. Anyone know if we can now?  

Ultimately it’s worth going through all the SE to kick it. 

Big hugs to all πŸ˜€ 

πŸ™πŸ½β€οΈπŸ™πŸ½

Highlighted

Hi MrsS1968

How are you doing? I hope steroid effects are wearing off now and you're able to sleep.

I'm getting out in the garden every day but can't believe how tired I am...I keep having to sit down in between jobs.

xx

Highlighted

Hi again rizzer

I tried to upload a picture of my cat supervising my gardening exploits, but can't get it to load...she was deigning to share the bench with me.

xx

Highlighted

Hi rizzer

That sounds like a cool new shed - lights, sign, bench, and freshly painted just in time for summer 🌝 

It's really gratifying when you manage to restore something and give it a new lease of life rather than dismantling and removing it, especially when there's a history attached.

On a much more modest scale, I've spent the past few days on our very old half barrel pond, and have removed overgrown plants and patched the leak, before lining it (hopefully tomorrow) with an old groundsheet, as there's no chance of buying pond liner.

I sympathise about the ground elder. We had it in our last garden. It really is a case of digging out every bit. I did cover the ground with black landscape fabric to try and starve it of light, but it was still a case of dig, dig, dig...

xx

Highlighted

Hi MrsS1968

How are you doing? I hope steroid effects are wearing off now and you're able to sleep.

I'm getting out in the garden every day but can't believe how tired I am...I keep having to sit down I between jobs.

xx

Highlighted

Hi Lady34 

How are you feeling now? I hope you're managing to eat now.

I'm now at the end of the cycle, and like last time, have got sore feet and nails and swollen ankles 😣

But...on the plus side, I can definitely see some distinct fuzz on my head, which my husband says is blonde on top (bless him, I think it's white!) and darker at the sides.

xx

Highlighted

Hey madcatlady, thanks for asking! Well, we’re getting there. My husband has painted the donkey shed and we’ve finished clearing it. Bench outside and a personalised sign, plus solar lights and some pots. Just need to get some sort of floor down like hardcore/type 1 which might have to wait given current situation.  Got some potatoes in, but struggling with ground elder (everywhere!!) and have to clear it out enough at least to plant things that can’t compete with so many weeds! Plan is to cover off some of the beds for a couple of seasons, save the battle digging out nettles etc. 
How are you (and your site manager the cat!) getting on with the gardening? Xxx

Highlighted

Absolutely Madcatlady

i echo that... Rizzer and Mrs S only 1 to go now... 

best wishes and love

B4

Highlighted

Hi madcatlady 

Bit zonked out but doing ok. Urge to clean in every room I go to. Cleared out a few clothes. Not eaten yet. How’re you madcatlady? Penultimates nearly there πŸ˜€ 

Hugs to all πŸ€β€οΈπŸ€

Highlighted

Hey rizzer

How's the clearance of your donkey shelter and preparation for veg growing coming along? I've been meaning to ask.

xx

Highlighted

Hi rizzer and MrsS1968

Only one to go - you can say 'last one' when you go next time. It's a great feeling! 😁

xx

Highlighted

How are you doing today, Lady34? Hope the yew is doing its best and you have had a better day and hopefully will get some sleep tonight🌲😊

(Birds - take note. No early morning chorus tomorrow, please!)

xx

Highlighted

Hi Adele

Woo hoo - last one! Well done 😁

I know what you mean about not ringing the bell until after the filgrastim injections are done. I did a dance when I did my last one; I hated them and always felt low, hot and bothered whilst taking them.

Hope tonight is a better night for you.

xx

Highlighted

Thanks Rizzer. All good! In my way home from 8 of 9. Feeling in quite a party mood!!! Will wait for the steroids to wear off 😁

Highlighted

Just back from number 7 of 8. Hope you’re doing ok mrsS Xxx

Highlighted

Rizzer Mrs 1968

very best for you’re penultimates. It’s a big boost afterwards as only one to go. Yes I’m awake πŸ˜€ did get 4 hours knock out sleep probably cos of painkillers. 

Birds chorus so time for sleep πŸ’€ 

Hugs to all even the Yew 🌲 tree 🌲 work your targeting magic please. πŸ™πŸ½πŸŒ²πŸ™πŸ½

Highlighted

Thinking of you tomorrow, both on our penultimate paclitaxel πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Highlighted

Roll on days 5/6 for you lady34...glad you managed to get that bacon sandwich in early doors. Hope you get some sleep πŸ’€ 😘 

I’ve got my penultimate paclitaxel tomorrow, so still a little way to go with the chemo. Take care ladies and catch up tomorrow I hope Xxx

Highlighted

Hey Adele, I know all about those back spasms!! Sorry to hear you’re suffering. On hold to DWP for 4 hours...you must have been 😀 I hope you can get things sorted and feel up to ringing that bell very soon. Wishing you a good night 🀞 ❀️ Xxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone, I have the dreaded tongue ulcer again πŸ™ and back spasms so in bed early after 2 hot baths! Hoping for a good night's sleep! 🀞 But at least I know its its last time! I think I'll ring the bell when I finish the injections (filigstram) always seem low at this point - spending 4 hours on hold to dwp doesn't help they answered once and hung up! SSP ends soon 😫  hope everyone has a nice evening nearly there ladies 😘

Highlighted

Day 1 Darling 

BY midday mouth started slight inflammation taste gone. Used mouth spray. Good job I had a bacon sandwich at 7.30 πŸ˜€. Aches by 1.30 took paracetamol didn’t want to start codydomol yet will take tonight after injection. Feet hurting. Accept this will go on. I pick up on day 5/6. 

4 hrs sleep last night 😩 

How are you all doing with SE

🌲🌲🌲 goodby Yew 

Highlighted

First Herceptin subcut injection today. Stung a bit and I am sitting a bit wonky to avoid pressure but tolerable. Just 13 more to go!

Highlighted

How are we all doing? How’s day 2 for you Lady34? Xxx

Highlighted

Hi All

chemo went well only 2 of us there in 2 seperate rooms all the other 14 people treatment delayed so guess I’m lucky they let me progress. 

Yes madcatlady now drowsy lets hope steroids let me sleep. 

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ½

Highlighted

Poor you, Lady34 - steroids as well as the early morning chorus; it's a real double whammy! ☹

Here's hoping the chemo went okay this morning. I bet you were bleary-eyed through it. But, it's another one done.

xx

Highlighted

Ah rizzer, hope your daughter enjoyed her birthday and you celebrated in style!

We may have cancer treatments coming out of our ears and the coronavirus to contend with, but we can still party with the best of 'em.

xx

Highlighted

Hi All

literally Hi! It’s 4.17 am chemo today at 10.30 

Dexamethasone bleedin steroids keeping me wide awake 😩 birds morning chorus started. 

Perhaps they sing me to sleep 😴 

πŸ˜€πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜€