cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

December 2019 Chemo Starters

Highlighted
B4

Re: December 2019 Chemo Starters

Exactly Mrs S, I have it weekly every friday, total 12 courses (much less side effects). Cant wait for it to finish...9 more to go. I have a large calendar on the wall, and every Friday evening I cross off the day and feel so good.

After the chemo there is a month of radio as well.

Hopefully one day we all will finish the treatment and get on with our lives.

XX

B4

Highlighted

B4 how frequently do you have pacliteaxel? I will be having it weekly and they tell me it is much better tolerated x

Highlighted
B4

Ladies

Following all the msg's with regards to the Paclitaxel..  believe me, its such a relief after EC. The day I have PAclitaxel... I sleep for sometime, but from next day I feel much better and able to do everything. No nausea leave alone vomiting. Yes, I do get heart burns, which I got even before chemo (Job related), and some loose stools (not too bad). Tomorrow will be my 4th Paclitaxel. Then 8 more remaining like few of you all.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it remains this way, as I agree that arthralgia and P neuropathy and oral symptoms can happen with Paclitaxel. I can't wait for you to finish EC and start P and share your similar experience with me.

Love and hugs

B4

Highlighted

Hi ladies

I am following you all with interest but I find it tricky to reply to you all, unless I reply to each comment separately. I am sorry some of you are suffering. Lots of good tips- I especially like the idea of face masks clearing the queues!

I am home from my 3rd EC and then it's 9-12 paclitaxel weekly, like rizzer. I am dreading this one as I have had a really good week or so (apart from tiredness). 

I am thinking of you all and following with interest x

Highlighted

Hi Debelina 

Sorry to hear you're feeling wiped out, but hey, you can tick the third and last FEC off now! As rizzer says, when you feel up to it get celebrating 🍾

The tiredness is something else....but have you got sickness and/or nausea too? If you can sleep, just try and do that as much as possible.

Hope the echo scan is okay. Are they wanting to check your heart function ahead of the next treatment? 

My last bone marrow injection today - woo hoo. I don't know if they'll be given for the docetaxel cycles.

I've been trying on wigs today that have been kindly lent to me and have surprised myself by deciding the two shorter ones look best. (My hair was shoulder length and curly.)

We decided it would look more natural as well when it grows back as of course it will be short for quite a long while, and so a shorter wig would be less obviously different to what is underneath.

I'm going to give one a go when I go out tomorrow, but will wear a hat as it's really windy and I don't think I'm up to chasing a runaway wig 🀣

xx

Highlighted

Debelina - you know you can get a sleeping bag with arms and legs... so it could be possible Smiley Happy Not glam enough to be diva though.

https://odditymall.com/includes/content/upload/sleeping-bag-with-leg-pants-8210.jpg

Highlighted

Hey Debelina, so good to hear from you. Sorry you’re wiped out. Thank god you’ve got through FEC. When you feel up to it (and you will) you deserve to celebrate that my lovely. As soon as I’m able I’ll raise a glass to you too! X

Has something happened to prompt the echo (cardiogram? - is that it? - clearly, I’m not a doctor... apart from β€˜chamber’ that’s literally the only other word I know that goes after β€˜echo’)

Sending a big hug. 
Thanks lovely lucylump for coming and sharing your experiences- that’s really kind of you. wishing you all the best for the radiotherapy. X

Ive just got back from my 3/4 EC, so not done with that yet..But then have 4 paclitaxel every 2 weeks.

Lots of love to you all. Hope you’re doing ok too mrs1968 and adelemck having your delightful infusions today X

Highlighted

Good morning ladies......thinking of you all....I am on day 3 of my 3/3 fec and totally wiped and haven't made it downstairs for any length of time but I have to go for a echo heart thingy so actually contemplating going to hospital in a sleeping bag.....okay so that just being a diva I know!

I got news that I am for radiotherapy next year as my Dr's believe its another option to extend even longer the reoccurrence of my cancer coming back so I am delighted.

Wishing you all much love......and side effects we can bear easily...….Debbie x

Highlighted

Hi Lucylump

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with docetaxel and to wish us well. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're working your way through it, but it's always good to hear from the brave women on the other side of the tunnel entrance.

I have heard it's worse than FEC, but I've also heard it's better. Like any of these treatments, some side effects seem pretty universal whilst others are more random, e.g. my sister had mouth ulcers and a very dry, sore mouth and throat, but no joint pain on T. 

The taste bud loss sounds grim but I'm relieved to hear they come back. I've already noticed some odd changes with things tasting like cardboard.

I get mouth ulcers when I'm under stress or ill anyway so I'm expecting those. I've got a dry mouth spray and some prescription mouthwash (begins with a b) at the ready.

xx

Highlighted

Hi Lady34

Thanks! Well, I just thought I'm going to protect myself, and if people don't like it they can try walking in our shoes for a bit, having to worry about the impact of viruses during our treatment.

xx

Highlighted

Hi livers

Great! Hope you got to bed and slept okay. Take it easy over the next few days.

Yep, docetaxel here we come πŸ’ͺ🀨

xx

Highlighted

Hi rizzer

Yep, sounds a good idea for the Post Office too!

Good luck today. I'm so impressed with the fasting regime.

xx

Highlighted

Hi December ladies, 

I am popping in from the July starters group. Just to say firstly well done to all of you. You are doing so well getting through all this. I know some of you are worried about docetaxel and although everyone is different I just wanted to reassure you by saying it is not necessarily worse. For me it was better than the FEC. I felt really good for the first 5 days or so and my middle week on the Docetaxel was the worst. I had no joint pains and no problems with mouth ulcers which I know some other people report. The worse thing for me was the change in taste buds. Everything tastes awful but particularly sweet things. Lime juice and milk were ok most of the time and sometimes tomato soup. My taste buds came back about 4-6 weeks after my last treatment which was just in time for Christmas. You ladies were on your first FEC treatments I think then so you are owed another Christmas I think round about May! Look after yourselves. You are doing great. I finished my chemo on 18 October and have had 2 operations since then. I am getting radiotherapy in a few weeks but right now I feel back to normal for me. You will get there soon too. Xx

Highlighted

Livers rest up another one down πŸ€ 

rizzer good luck for tomorrow πŸ€

madcatlady good on ya. Too right to wear a 😷 

mask people may be in denial but we don’t have to be. With any of the world threatening viruses the figures published are a fraction of the actual ones. 

Better safe innit πŸ˜€

love to all πŸ€πŸŒ²πŸ˜©πŸŒ²πŸ˜·πŸ™πŸ½

Highlighted

Rizzer,

Good luck for tomorrow πŸ€. I really admire how you manage to fast before chemo - I tried and couldn’t even skip lunch! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Highlighted

Love it Matcatlady - must try it next week when I do the shop!  

My count was fine today so had my last EC!  Herceptin and Docetaxel next round!

Feeling quite nauseous, so heading to bed shortly. 

Hope everyone else who’s had chemo this week are coping well with their side effects.

Stay strong all πŸ’ͺπŸ’•

Highlighted

Thanks silvertong

It sounds like there are lots of different side effects, but that's really bad luck to get some extra for good measure.

I'm not seeing the oncologist until next Friday, so any information would be helpful.

xx

Highlighted

3 more cycles of PTD, every 3 weeks. I'd definitely never last if it was every fortnight!

Highlighted

Blimey silvertong, so sorry to hear about your SEs. How many of them have you got? Every 2 weeks? X

Highlighted

Hey madcatlady I think I might have to try that one in the supermarket! (oh and queuing in post office?) 

I’ve got 4 x EC so won’t get on to the T for a bit. Fingers-crossed it isn’t too bad. 

Fasting again now, since last night until Friday morning. Roll on cycle 3 tomorrow! X

Highlighted

Madcatlady - not meaning to worry you more but my experience says Docetaxol is worse Woman Mad

It might be the Perjeta or the Herceptin I also had, of course, but the (not terribly helpful) Chemo Hotline always refers to the Docetaxol. It feels like I got every SE going apart from nausea and a temperature Woman Sad plus a couple extra for good measure. And yes, still got the injections. It was two fewer than with EC though. Woo.

I'm due a nurse-led clinic next week before my next hit (assuming I'm up to it) so if I glean any useful info then I'll let you know!

Highlighted

Hi B4

Thanks! Is it really better on docetaxel than on FEC? I've heard it referred to as 'Toxic T' so have been getting more and more worried.

Joint pain and a sore, dry mouth seem to come up a lot, but the nurse doing my last FEC said nausea and sickness are much less.

I don't know if the bone marrow injections carry on with docetaxel. It won't be nice if there's bone and joint pain!!

On another note, I went out earlier to do the food shopping, and being a bit paranoid about it being day 10 and having just come out of hospital, I put a surgical mask across my nose and mouth. 

Obviously the news is full of people trying to protect themselves against this new virus in China, so that no doubt explains the outcome. Ladies, it was like the parting of the Red Sea. I've never cleared a supermarket and got the shopping done so fast....🀣🀣

I just hope I haven't inadvertently traumatised anyone!

xx

Highlighted
B4

Madcatlady

sending u loads of hugs and best wishes!

you will see that with Doclitaxel life will be easier. Ye..... lot to look forward to!

hugs

B4

Highlighted

Thanks so much Rizzer and Lady34, you've really put my mind at rest. I don't think it is an infection (no raised temp) and you can hardly notice the redness anymore. I think I was just getting a bit paranoid tbh.

I will keep a close eye on it and get in touch with the doctor if anything changes. Lady34 your experience sounds a lot like mine so hopefully it'll be the same. Also when they injected the blue dye to identify the first lymph node there were a lot of problems getting the dye to drain through to the lymph node so that may also be a factor?

Lots of positive vibes to everyone else.

Highlighted

Hi Frenchi

I had sensations and bits of ache on my tumor boob. I asked my bc she said it’s ok as the tumour is reacting to chemo so I left it at that. This was after my 2nd chemo also I had a little bit of pain in the lymph node and arm. 

I then had a scan which showed shrinkage of tumor and lymph. 

Since my 3rd chemo I’m on day 11 I can’t feel my tumor lump at all. 

For peace ace of mind if I was you I would phone to speak to the consultant who did your treatment plan. Get answers you’re satisfied with. 

Madcatlady rizzer B4 debilina sending hugs. Ladies we’re on it we’re doing whatever it takes to win this battle. 

Sending Peace and love πŸ™πŸ½πŸ›ŽπŸŒ²πŸ’•

Highlighted

Hey frenchie_77 sorry to hear about your poorly boob being sore. I just wondered if you’d checked your temperature, in case you had an infection or something? Probably nothing to do with it, but just a thought. 

Its totally understandable that you might imagine all kinds of things. It’s not surprising you’re on high alert/in panic mode - you’re still reeling from a breast cancer diagnosis and coping with unpleasant treatment. Whilst it doesn't mean there is anything to be worried about,  I can’t imagine many people in our position are going to be all Zen about worries they do have and thinking β€˜oh it’s bound to be nothing,’ and easily put it out of their mind. If you’re not reassured by your oncologist, I’d persist and ask questions until you are. It’s not all on you to cope with these worries without their help X

Highlighted

Thanks madcatlady

Yesterday's treatment went fine thanks and I think I've had less side effects this time so far (although it's obviously very early days).

But I have been feeling a bit down today and now I've got myself into a bit of a panic about the fact that my poorly boob is a bit painful and also a bit red (not much). I'm imagining all kinds of things... gaah...

Highlighted

Hi Adelemck 

You wouldn't think a simple cold could be such a worry, but in that weird and random parallel universe called Chemo Land anything is possible and the old certainties are turned upside down...in Non Chemo Land people would look at you askance if you told them you'd been in hospital with a cold.

Hope the hot vimto, bath and early night helped to ward off any lurgies so you can go ahead on Thursday.

We used to be given hot orange squash on Guide camps, and as the weather was usually wet, cold and muddy, it definitely made us feel better.

xx

Highlighted

Hi MrsS1968 

Definitely looking forward to the day it's all behind us and when we can all say: DONE!!

πŸ’ͺ🍾😁

xx

Highlighted

Thanks Frenchie77 

How did you get on yesterday? Hope you're not feeling too bad today.

I've still got earache and a runny nose, but hopefully the cold is passing. My husband is now coughing though and so my first night back from hospital was not very peaceful. 

xx

Highlighted

Ah, thanks B4!

Yep, I'm sooo glad to be back on my sofa again...and with my beautiful cat...she gave me the most affectionate miaow (well, it sounded affectionate to me!) 🐱

My next chemo is Monday 10 Feb and will be my first docetaxel. The oncologist appointments and blood tests are always the Friday before.

I had horrible heartburn on round two of the FEC but it hasn't been as bad this time. It's so uncomfortable, but Gaviscon really helped.

(I just let the cat out and it is freezing...I can tell I'm back in a draughty old house with a mercurial old cat (who didn't really want to be out at all and who glared at me as if I'd manhandled her out there, before shooting back in, having got me off the sofa for nothing), and not in a temperature-controlled hospital room...

xx 

Highlighted

Hey livers

I bet it threw you, especially when they said the drugs weren't ready. Don't think you were complacent about it at all; we've got to assume the schedule will go ahead as planned or our heads would explode 🀯

How have you got on with the blood test?

xx

Highlighted
B4

Hi Madcatlady

best wishes to you, glad to hear that u r back home. When is your next chemo... mine is all Fridays now.

im finding it hard to cope with heart burns... but getting there.

Best wishes and Hugs

B4

Highlighted
B4

Hi Debbie,

hope u r coping well with the chemo today. Sending you love and best wishes!

hugs

B4

Highlighted
B4

Sorry to hear about this Livers,

praying for you and sending you all good wishes for your counts to go up and no more interruption to you treatment.

hugs 

B4

Highlighted

Thanks matcatlady - it’s the first real hiccup I’ve had and it threw me a bit.  Serves me right for getting a bit complacent about the whole thing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Highlighted

Sorry to hear that, livers. Fingers crossed your count goes up sufficiently and they will go ahead.

Each time I see the oncologist and have the blood test ahead of the next treatment I'm gibbering about whether it will happen. It's so hard to have no control...I do feel for you 😬

These counts are so random, it feels, and the fact they go up or down without sometimes any obvious sign of being unwell is baffling me...

xx

Highlighted

Just had a phone call to say my chemo drugs haven’t arrived and they have postponed until tomorrow.  Also my count is low so they want to redo my bloods today, so may not even happen tomorrow! 

Feel so deflated - you get all psyched up and ready for the day and then it just doesn’t happen.  I should have had chemo last Thursday but it had to be changed as it didn’t suit my husband’s schedule, now delayed again!  It just pushes the end date on by another week or two!  

Anyway, rant over - just annoyed I don’t have control and their is nothing I can do to improve my count πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‚

Let’s hope all is good for tomorrow πŸ˜€

Highlighted

Hi Debbie,

Like you I'm due to have radiotherapy after chemo (and surgery). What do you mean about more time for reoccurance? (Obviously hoping not to have reoccurance!!).

Thanks xx

Highlighted

Morning everyone,

Sorry to hear you've been poorly matcatlady, hope you're better soon. Good luck to everyone having treatment this week. I'm a bit behind you and had my second EC yesterday.

I have a quick question, particularly for those who are having chemo before surgery. Did you notice changes in your poorly breast during chemo? Mine is a bit painful (not too bad) and my nipple has become more inverted. Is this normal? Obviously I'm worried it means things are getting worse rather than better. When I asked my onc yesterday she was a bit non-commital but said you can notice of changes and as long as they're not too extreme then not to worry.

Thanks xx

Highlighted

Hi lovely ladies 

Thank you for your messages. Oh, so good to be on my own sofa - although off to bed now.

The forecast is for snow in the early hours....brrr....β„β˜ƒοΈ

Good luck for tomorrow too, livers, and rizzer and adelemck for Thursday. Remember, it's another one down...

xx

Highlighted

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, madcatlady. Hope it's a speedy recovery for you. Good luck to Debbie and livers tomorrow. Rizzer and adelemc I'm with you on Thursday.

Definitely looking forward to the days when this is all behind us x

Highlighted

All the best for tomorrow livers X

Highlighted

Will be joining you on Thursday adelemck. 

Hope the hot Vimto, bath and early night keeps the cold at bay X

Highlighted

Really sorry to hear about your weekend madcatlady - my 3rd chemo due Thursday and I feel a little cold coming! But temp fine so lots of hot Vimto a hot bath and an early night for me! I start Docetaxel for my next 3 no hormones for me - just the Radiotherapy and poss bone infusions (can't work out if in post or peri menopausal!) 

Highlighted

So sorry to hear you were unwell madcatlady, but glad that you are on the mend.  I suppose with this coronavirus doing the rounds, the medics have got to be extra careful and we need to be extra vigilant!

Like you Deblina I am on round 3 of EC tomorrow - not looking forward to it, but holding on to the fact that it means we’re half way through.  Not long to go now before we finish this chemo malarkey πŸ˜€

Stay strong everyone πŸ’ͺπŸ’—

Highlighted

Hi ladies 

sorry madcatlady you’ve been through this. Good you’re back home. We must remember we’re vulnetable to infection especially now with this new virus in China. 

Debilina the best for tomorrow’s chemo lots of hugs to you. 

B4 thanks yes I’m hanging on in there. 

Saying a prayer for us all to be looking back to these dark winter days after our treatments are done and these pesky critters have vanished

hugs to all πŸ›ŽπŸ™πŸ½πŸ’•πŸŒ²

dont forget to stroke a yew 🌲🌲🌲

Highlighted

Hey madcatlady, I’m so sorry to hear you had to spend the weekend in hospital with a nasty virus. You must be glad to be home. This ever present feeling of vulnerability to infection etc  really does mess with your head - never mind actually getting one, ending up in hospital and going through all that business with people wearing masks and a blimmin’ chest X-ray etc. Must be good to get back in your own bed. Hope the mouthwash and drops do the trick.
Good luck tomorrow Debelina - thinking of you Xx

Highlighted

Hi Debbie

Best of luck for tomorrow - will be thinking of you. I'm having 3 docetaxel from 10 Feb but no hormone tabs.

Great to hear things are looking up for people 😁 and B4  keep strong.

I've just come out of hospital after I got a cold last Wednesday and my temperature shot up on Friday night. I didn't feel ill as such, just runny nosed with a tickly throat, but my neutrophils were really high - the complete opposite to before Christmas when they were super low...

This time I was kept in strict isolation, had several nose and throat swabs, a chest x-ray and a urine sample taken, and everyone treating me wore masks. They finally concluded it was a viral infection.

So, now home and have yet more ear drops but also some mouthwash as my mouth is getting sore.

This whole business really does mess with your head, but we're working our way through; fair play to us all! 

xx

Highlighted

Hello Lovely Ladies.....just checking in to see how everybody is and to let you know I am thinking of us all....I cannot believe we are nearly at the end of Jan!

I am going for my 3rd FEC in the morning and absolutely dreading the steroids comedown but I know its only 3 days of horribleness out of 3 weeks...I have to say mentally I have had a really positive good two weeks....I was advised last week that I am going to have to have radiotherapy which was a bit wick to hear but after getting my head round it I am happy because as the oncologist says its going to give me a bit more extra time for reoccurance (sp) of the cancer which can only be a good thing!

Are any of you having Docetaxel, Herceptin & Perjecta/Pertuzumab as your new chemo regime? 

Love

Debbie x