cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2020 Chemo Starters

758 REPLIES 758
PaulineS27

Re: HiRe: December 2020 Chemo Starters

@higgi oh you really have been through it. My Foob is only slightly inflated, I call it half a boob and they won't inflate because of this darned  rash (allergic reaction) but that seems nothing compared to your latest op. I hope it goes smoothly and you get back no our new 'normal' asap.

My last Phesgo injection is 2nd of February, hoping to feel a little more human once off Phesgo and the rash goes.

@Shine13 you have done amazingly, chemo and still working well done! Keeping up with the children, their activities and housework is taking its toll on me lol, I used to be able to work and do it all despite my Multiple Sclerosis but this journey has taken its toll physically.  You don't have long to go and I hope the next few weeks continue to be kind to you (well as kind as chemo can be!) I so need to start exercising, need an energy boost first, it sounds like you are doing wonderfully with your 5k x

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, hope it is a happy and healthy one xx

Shine13

Happy new year everyone. This year has flown by. I hope your best days of your lives are still ahead and maybe even this year.

I finish treatment in March (Kadcycla) so prob the last to finish. Getting bored of feeling tired and a bit icky but has not been to bad at least I can work.

Now listening to Higgi I think I got off lightly. Can t belive the rotten luck you have had through this. I hope this op sorts it out for good and you can put it behind you, and start exercising.

Hope everyone is doing well and retirement to Scotland sounds great.  I think a good legacy for me through this is - I have cut down on wine and am doing more cycling and enjoying  5k your way at my local park.

I am quite  weak having been on chemo so long but every bit counts. You definitely feel better doing exercise especially when tamoxifen side effects buggers your sleeping up.

Xx 🥳 😘

higgi

Hi guys ! Happy new year !!! This f… kin better b better than last !!!!! 
swelling persisted . Have had 3 months of shear HELL ! which culminated in being taken to theatre Xmas eve YEH 🙌

they washed it out put fresh implant in and stuck drain in YEH 😂🙌 so I’m here draining and popping a shit load of antibiotics hoping n praying it settles and the wound heals without infection (as it’s risky cos only 5 months after radiotherapy… but was very necessary) 

I still managed slug the cocktails n fizz ..HARD CORE ! 
I have been so anxious and fed up with it all as can’t exercise at all .. but trying stay hopeful 🙏🙏
jyst got 2 more her2 injections so shud finish feb 10 ???!!! 😅

big hugs to you all ! Be ace to meet one day ? Xx

PaulineS27

oh @Pyewacket that sounds absolutely amazing, I am so very happy for you! Keep living that dream, its wonderful to hear such joyous news x

@higgi I hope that you are doing well, 2 more injections to go! Onco basically told me to suck it up and get on with the rash as treatment nearly over. My Foob still isn't inflated but we are almost there!

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2022!

Sending love to you all xx

Pyewacket

Hello everyone!

Just to report in that the 'retire and move to Scotland' dream has now indeed come true and is fekkin awesome, we are so bloody happy. It's peaceful and beautiful and wonderful, we're so very lucky! If the cancer comes back and gets me I'll be mad as hell, but nowhere near as mad as if i'd not achieved this.

@higgi well only you would be considering diving into a renovation project with everything else you've got on! How's the swelling going? Really hope you don't lose the implant.

@PaulineS27 thank you it's all I ever dreamed of here, it's not really sunk in yet - still feel a bit like we're on holiday and will have to go back to grim reality at some point. I only had 6 chemo sessions in total, and I had an easy time of it really, don't envy you at all. But head down, get through it xx

Wishing you both, and anyone else who may still be around on this thread, a really great 2022 with lots of fun and energy, with the shitty treatments firmly in the rear view.

Love, Pye xxx

higgi

Hi guys ! 
wow big move wishing you all the best pye !!! 🤩 we might b moving too but it’s a renovation project… round the corner but up in the hills very remote ( cud feel like Scotland 😂

Like you Pauline I’ve got 4 more chemo chairs 😂… hope it goes well with the antihistamine 🙏

I’m still swelling unfortunately and plan is weekly aspirations until new year !!! Then if still swelling it’s THEATRE  time 😱 drain n see … if that fails its implant BYE BYE 😢 ……. then there’s still no guarantee I’ll stop swelling !!!!!!! Jeeze 

But let’s hope n pray 🙏 it’ll play ball snd be a good body n stop making fluid ! 

trees up 🤩🙌 merry Christmas 🎄🤣 

xxx

PaulineS27

@Pyewacket 

OMG I am so excited for you! New house, new start and I am sure that your care will get sorted. Please share picture once moved, Scotland sounds glorious!

I am with you, people have to be good at guessing.....its name that word instead of name that tune lol

I now need to have an IV antihistamine drip prior to my injections to see if that helps....not looking forward to sitting in a chemo chair but only 4 more to go so i'm telling myself I got this! 

Take care x

Pyewacket

Hiya @PaulineS27,
Thingy is the correct phrase, if you're feeling a bit fancy you can always use thingymagig for a bit of a change. Several times a day I just find I 'freeze' in the middle of a sentance still while I search for the word I'm after. No longer embarrassed or concerned now though, this is just where I am, if I'm talking to you you're going to have to be very very patient or great at mime interpretation. Glad your allergic reaction has eased, as said previously i only had a teeny weeny reaction once (nothing to do with cancer treatment) and even that was really unpleasant, don't envy you at all.

In general good news, our new house completed this week, we'll be moving the second week of December - can't wait! As we're moving to Scotland, 270 miles from where we are now in the Midlands it raises worries about how my care will continue. But I woulnd't change it for a second, so excited!

Love and cuddles everyone, Pye xxx

PaulineS27

@Pyewacket oh your post did make me chuckle 🤣 I think you have just expressed in words what most of us do and think each day.....I'm forever using the word 'thingy' in replacement of a word my brain is searching for 😂 Yes the rash has been one itchy scratchy (my new joke term for urticaria) hell! Mind you it was like free botox and lip fillers for a few days, the rest of the time my body was just covered head to toe in itchy rash.....subsided a lot now thankfully just pops up when I am tired or hot🔥 

I think we probably all have the oh that hurts, this aches, is that a lump or bump thoughts 🙄🤣 I'm always busy but if my mind gets chance to wander I have to give myself a kick up the bum! 

@Woodybird I hope to continue the her2 treatment (only 3 left) but obviously they may not allow that if the rash continues.

How are you doing? 

@grannyp How are you doing these days?

Sending you all love and strength to deal with whatever this journey is still throwing your way x

Pyewacket

@Woodybird, yeah brain freeze.. what do you call that thing? You know the THING? 'Initiates mime' 'A fridge'. Was suprised today to find there was no milk in the spice cupboard, eventually tried the fridge and holy shit there it was! **bleep** me i was top of my class throughout school, have a 2:1 Bachelors Degree in a pure science topic. But now? can't find my knickers in a morning!

@higgi my dear, so sorry you are forever the Vanguard of **bleep**uppery. Admire your courage and humour so much in the face of it. Never apologise for a negative post here, I know we all put on our big girl pants for our nearest and dearest. You need somewhere to let it all out, feel free to unleash here. We can't fix it, but we're on your side and we understand.

Good news to hear you're back at work and enjoying it, it's important to feel you are contributing so sounds like you have a brilliant compromise there. Can't help with the Achilles... or Le 'hard Tit! Mine's pretty stroppy and firm if that helps, and my wrists and finger joints are fekkin uselesa. Trying to do some DIY and I have no strength in my joints, they feel flimsy as **bleep**.

Hope you get your offer accepted - our completion is this week hopefully.

@PaulineS27 Thank you so much for the good wishes. The urticaria sounds like absolute pants, only had a very minor allergic reaction once previously and that was bloody awful. Looked like one of those celebreties who had duck-lips. Not to mention manic itchiness all over, hope they can sort it out for you. What is next on your agenda? 

How are you all getting on with 'oh **bleep** is this a secondary?' Think i've always been a bit of a hypochondriac so not in a good position. Just had my Covid booster, was sick for a night, no worries,  but then next day OMG the gland in my neck is a little bit sore... Or I've got some bumps that are just like insect bites at the top of my arm! PANIC! Oh... they've gone away in a couple of days.. probably not secondary cancer then. Just me are you all as daft?

Hugs n stuff! Pye xxx

Woodybird

@higgi Sorry you had to cancel your holiday, so disappointing when you've been looking forward to it. But do book another, your time will come. Hope you get the answers you need from consultant.

@PaulineS27 Hope you get something to relieve the rash, so you can get the rest is the treatment (if you want it of course 😉).

@Pyewacket Great news, congratulations! Enjoy your well earned retirement.

My news, I didn't get the work promotion, but actually think that is the best outcome at the moment. Suffering brain freeze quite regularly, and just can't find the word I want, feeling my age and more 😜 Starting discussions about permanent reconstruction with surgeon, he made his views plain... And they differ from mine. Need to think a bit more about this one.

Keep on keeping on. X

PaulineS27

@higgi sending you a hug! So sorry you are still going through a tough time, you will get there! 

Sometimes our journey is a little bumper but we will get through it and I do feel your pain. I was just starting to feel brighter when my allergic reaction started, I was pulling my hair out with itching.....it has settled a bit but waiting to see oncologist.

I hope you get answers soon xx

higgi

Hi ! As usual I’m not text book … my swelling foob is not capsular contraction … it’s filling with fluid around outside if the implant … had 160 mo aspirated off under ultrasound guidance   Tuesday . Felt so much better … deflated balloon . 
however it’s almost filled up again . I see consultant today 2.40 . 
I fear I may have to have a drain put in like after surgery as can’t keep going to a busy ultrasound clinic to have it aspirated (risky procedure… not much room between skin n implant to aspirate from ) 

no answers yet …as to why … ? Reaction to radiotherapy? … fluid sent to analysis (was diluted red colour) 

worried sick .. had to cancel holiday to Gran Canaria next week … feel my life still on hold can’t get on snd enjoy . 
sorry for negative post … 

hooe u all well . Keep in touch when u can xxxx

PaulineS27

Hi @higgi sorry to hear you are in pain with your implant and I hope it resolves itself.....our bodies are strange things aren't they.

I developed urticaria, a mad allergic reaction that covered my whole body in a rash, it might be phesgo so waiting to see if they will allow me to have my last 3 injections.

@Pyewacket that sounds wonderful, retirement and a little house in Scotland. After this awful journey you must be so looking forward to a new start.

Hope everyone else is doing well, sending love and hugs x

higgi

Hi @Pyewacket @and anybody else ?

great news re retirement and house 🏡 🙌… 

I’ve just had 14/15 phesgo cycle and 2nd zoledronic infusion . Unfortunately implant pain was unbearable so got seen yday ! They took another 70 ml out and it felt better plus ultrasound showed no fluid around or signs of infection. To b seen again Monday … 

hiwever in night it seems b hardening again ??? It’s as if it gets bigger n harder despite fluid taken out over time .. 

fed up as want it fixed … the pain of a hard tit is not good long term ! 
aches n pains mainly in hands now . 

I decided get injections into my bad Achilles so not bin able to all properly last 10 days to add insult to injury. 

we are looking for house too awaiting see if offer accepted ?😱 

I decided go back work as I was bored and missed seeing working with people so much .. I loved my job as a counsellor. So I just see a handful of clients a week from home … perfect ! 

here’s hoping my implant gets sorted eventually (even if it’s replaced some time next year !! ) and Achilles mends 🙏🙏🙏

wishing you health n happiness n fun times ahead . 
xxxx 

Pyewacket

Oh our dear Higgi - doing all of the right things and STILL getting beaten with the treatment stick! 

How is the incredible inflated boob doing now after radiotherapy? I had my check up and no signs of suffering from capsular contraction as yet. Although it seems really quite 'solid' to me compared to how it was before. But it's fine, I've got no trauma over body image or such, although granted I'll probably not wear a bikini, but the rest of the world will breathe a sigh of relief at THAT for sure! 

My partner has been retired a couple of years, and I've just got my ill health which will bridge me until i draw my pension so we're both now retired. The house hunting was painful, and emotional and disappointing and heartbreaking, but we're very happy with the one we've got the offer in on. Hopefully the market will be cooling a bit now and you will have success in finding your dream retirement home. 

Take care, Pye xxx

Pyewacket

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all getting on ok, whether that's tussling with the latest treatment or the absurdity of life in general. 

OK here, I got my ill health retirement, so now officially retired at 52 YAY! Had an offer accepted on a house in Scotland, traditional cottage with the sea 1 mile one direction and a small loch 1 mile in the other, and a big garden - so I'm trying to sort out our current house as it's in a bit of a state, plus all the finance and other stuff that goes with it as Mr Pye is frankly useless at this stuff. Keeping me busy, and the worry that there will be a problem and the house sale will fall through makes a nice change from worrying if the cancer will come back! 

Got a small op at the end of this month, surgeon is going to relocate some of my belly fat to improve my recon results which is really nice of her, only a minor op so no problems there. Still find myself very low on energy, really doesn't take much housework or DIY and I need a sit down, can only manage a few hours a day with breaks. Before this I could have stuck at it 10 hours no problem. Things ache too, finger and wrist joints, my knees. They hurt a bit now and again before, but they seem to nag a lot more these days. But mentally I'm pretty happy and positive overall. 

Don't come here often, but I DO frequently think of you all, bestest wishes, with love Pye xxx

higgi

Hi everyone! Sorry it’s been a long time … 

just had phesgo injection today 12/18 .. still get muscle joint pain and now pins n needles in foot ! Oh n active bowels (u know wat I mean 😂

hair is bleach blonde .. was pink but too high maintenance… doesn’t seem b growing very fast but it’s curly so grows out not down !🤣

just done run 60 miles sept n raised money for cruk so felt sense of achievement!! 
stopped letrozole for 2 weeks to see if sore thumbs n feet improve (as I was hardly oestrogen positive anyways !!!!) 

got check up with breast surgeon tomorrow to see ow she thinks my very overinflated foob is doing 8 weeks post radiotherapy! I don’t think it’s changed so I’m hoping no more surgery 🙏🙌🤩

I’m back swimming with the club in pool … very knackered!!! And still cycle 😂

Gym membership opens fri so I’ll start back then … but nervous as feel I’ve been in isolation soo long ! 
bin feeling bit low recently and bored … I don’t want go back work (I was a counsellor n cbt therapist ) as my hubby retires July and we wud like downsize house n do lots of holidays !! So I know eventually it will b lovely but right now I’ve an empty nest (youngest left for uni ) I don’t work n I still have lot of pains … so yes I get fed up ! Trying find our dream house but nothing coming up !! 

anyways booked a week to Gran Canaria nov 22 .. cheer me up 🙏 I still worry about how long b4 it comes back !! I know it’s silly … I’m hoping after February wen I finish phesgo I’ll start feel better … I’m hoping once I go back gym I’ll feel better … baby steps !!! As at the moment it’s.still like I’m having chemo n don’t do much ! 

Thanks for reading ! Please stay in touch … think of you lots and wish u all health and happiness xxx 

PaulineS27

Hello @Pyewacket @Woodybird @grannyp 

Its lovely to hear from you all.

Glad your surgery went well @Pyewacket, I hope you get your ill health retirement, it will give you a sense of freedom from the confines of work.

@Woodybird you sound so motivated, i really hope you get your promotion.

For me, my mind is strong and raring to go but the body hasn't quite caught up lol I'm still having phesgo injections and implant expanded. The Tamoxifen has given me some very intense hot flushes and they wake me up regularly in the night.

@grannyp how are you doing since your last post?

Wishing you all the very best and sending my love 

Woodybird

Good luck for Monday, Pye. If that's what you want, I hope you get it. What do you do for work?

A year already! I've had my diagnosis anniversary (forgot the exact date until I got a follow letter which included it, by that time it had already passed!). Surgeryversary in a month!

I had my follow up with the nurse by phone. I wasn't sure actually who would be calling, but she was lovely, very patient answering all my random questions. Hope you get the same.

Glad the ovary op was relatively straightforward, and hope healing continues in the right way. I had hysterectomy 7 years ago as I had ovarian cancer at that time. Started on hormone therapy 2 weeks ago nonetheless. Seems to be ok so far 🤞🙏

Am planning to go for a promotion at work. Am I mad? Probably, but you know what, I would have gone for it last year, so why not this! Who knows, we'll see how it goes. 

I do need to find some motivation to exercise more. I was told being active is the single biggest thing to reduce chance of recurrence. I'm determined to do it, until the moment of truth, when I have quite some anxiety. Need to get my big girl pants on and just get out there 😬

I've been keeping up with all your posts. Hope everyone is doing well and getting some normal. And if you're not doing so great, I hope you get the support you need, there are some great folks out there who want to help.

Love to all, Woody xx

Pyewacket

Hello everyone,

How are we all doing? 

I had my ovaries removed 3 weeks ago, keyhole surgery, very easy if you happen to find it on your menu. My menopause symptoms are actually reducing since the operation, was on tamoxifen and then had the zoladex injection for 6 weeks before. My flushes are there but much reduced. 

This week is a year since my initial surgery and I have an appt with a breast cancer nurse for my 'end of treatment' appt by phone, bit disappointed would have liked a face to face 'omg what the **bleep** is this' and 'how da hell am i gonna check for lumps here'  appt. But sure it will be fine. 

Generally ticking along ok here, got an appt with work Occupational Health on Monday, cross your fingers for me, i requested they would finish me due to ill health and will be so fekkin happy if they do so. 

Love to hear how you all are, Pye xxx

grannyp

Hi everyone 

How are we all doing? Hope that everyone is recovering well from treatment & that those of you with ongoing treatment are finding it much easier than what we have already been through. And trust that we are all getting back to some normality or embracing a new kind of normal post-treatment.

I had my first ‘stand alone’ zolendronic acid infusion in June & am plodding on with anastrozole without too many problems- I seem to have many of the side effects that are mentioned but all fairly mild & although irritating at times they don’t cause any major problems. Life has been very busy & I try to take any opportunities that arise etc. 
Next week will be the anniversary of my mammogram recall last year when I was told there was ‘something that will definitely need treatment’ - a bit of an understatement!! Lots of unpleasant memories coming up & reflections on what has happened during that year. But on a positive note  have celebrations next week for my mother in law’s 90th birthday & my granddaughter’s 2nd birthday, so they will certainly help lift the mood. And I had my first annual mammogram on Monday - all clear, which was a huge relief. It doesn’t take away that ongoing anxiety that never really leaves us but it was something to get through & does mark that first year, 

Take care everyone & look forward to hearing any news whenever you have chance to pop on here x

higgi

Hi everyone! Lovely reading your updates 

I have just had 3/15 radio blasts … can feel th tightening already in the implant !!! I keep moisturising n stretching n wear my strap to keep it down at night in bed 🙏 I was overinflated by 50 ml so totalled a 🙌 big 300 ml .. 🤣🤩 

I’m back n the static bike n do strength n conditioning uppers n lowers … I was so desperate to swim n advised wait to go in chlorine n don’t wear owt tight like a wetsuit … that I mbraced wild swimming in wed !!! Me n open water in a cosie !!!! A 1ST !!!! I stayed in 20 min 🥶🥶🥶 hoping do 30 min tonight …. U must try it ladies it’s so invigorating ❤️❤️❤️❤️

hairs growing slowly but is so curly … like a frizz ball … I had curly hair b4 but not this curly when short it was only curly as it grew longer . 

enjoying getting nails done with fancy patterns 🤩🤩🤩 

still got the awful pain in legs if I sit like sciatica. Can only hope it goes after feb !!! When phesgo stops … n my thumbs kill that th letrozole… but hey ho IM ALIVE !!!! …. 
wishing you all a fantastic weekend of sunshine doing what you love ❤️ 

PaulineS27

Lovely to hear from you @Pyewacket 

I now look like I have braved the shave, its great washing my hair as no need to put a towel on it, just a quick rub and its dry lol I have never coloured my hair, but the new chemo grey, which is one sided looks a bit strange 😂 i think i will leave it and see how it goes, maybe I need tattoos although I can't do the tall bit 🤣 Had my first boob expansion today, only 50ml as 5 weeks post op but more to follow 😂 Hope you fake book swelling settles down soon and I'm glad your energy levels are returning x

Pyewacket

Hello everyone,

Just read through and caught up with everyone's news, which I'm pleased to see is largely positive.

I see there has been some talk about grey hair - I saw my first greys in my teens and dyed it for years, finally in my early 40s I thought stuff this dying lark and embraced the grey. Growing out the dye was painful, but once done I've never been happier with my hair. Healthy, strong, shiny, people always complement it. Had young 'uns asking me what dye i use on it even lol! Main thing I found about embracing the grey was how good it makes your skin look, as everything 'matches' as it were, it literally took years off me.

I have eyelashes and eyebrows again now. Also lots of hair everywhere else.. my experiment with some random stuff off Amazon to inhibit hair growth where I don't want it has sadly been deemed a failure. Still it was a distraction for a while!

Two months after radiotherapy finished and tiredness is gone, but fake boob is still somewhat swollen, but definitely settling back down, just going to take time. Saw the surgeons and they will see me in another few months with a view to a small fat transfer to hide some 'rippling' of fake boob. Should only be minor and great of them to consider it worthy of treatment - it's only visible when I've not got a bra on and doesn't bother me.

End of this month i go for the pre-op meeting regarding whisking out the old ovaries, so I anticipate I shouldn't have to wait too long for that to happen now, Covid willing of course. My periods haven't returned since stopping in chemo so I'm hoping my body won't take too much of a huff to the process.

@PaulineS27 pleased all is progressing well! I think that woman was just admiring how fabulous your scalp and fluff looked! No one seems to have taken blind bit of notice of my baldness, much to my dismay, they probably thought it was a choice seeing as I'm tall and tattoo'd anyway 🙂 And fancy getting it cut, I'm just going to daub mine in gel and let it grow and do it's thing I reckon.

@Shine13 Sausages to your work! Make the time up? Pfft. As Pauline says the expectation seems to be you can bounce back to normal. I get the same thing from people, I wasn't ill in anyway before treatment, I was fit as a fiddle! It's all this gruelling treatment we have to recover from not the cancer. My work ring me every week and are starting to say things like 'oh well hope that's sorted soon then you can get back to normal'.

Lovely that so many people are updating on progress, I love reading this thread.

Take care everyone, love Pye xxx

PaulineS27

Hi @Shine13 I am sorry that your work is expecting you to bounce back so quickly. I do think that the expectation for most people is that you have finished chemo so you are over it, they don't account for any additional appointments with oncologists, injections, breast team etc. Although Chemo is over my body still hasn't recovered and I still have my fake boob to be inflated lol I hope your work can comprehend that this journey is not quite over for you and support you with time off for a little longer.

@Karden It will be fabulous when your hair starts re-growing, my hair is now quite thick which is fab. I never coloured my hair pre chemo, maybe the greys will hide a little better when longer lol

Sending love to you all xx

Karden

@PaulineS27 I'm glad you're pleased with your chemo cut , you must feel that you're well on the way now to a stylish new hairstyle. I can't wait to see mine growing again now that chemo has finished. At least I know what colour to expect as it had started growing back really nicely following the first lot.

I agree with your words, onwards and upwards - for all of us! 😘

Karden

@Shine13 Yes, I've noticed the glamorous grey on the red carpet - vert stylish! I'm going to give it a go and see if I can save money and time at the hairdresser. I think it will feel very liberating too not to have the constant regrowth which would show very quickly on short hair.

Bad news from HR. It's unbelievable really isn't it? I'm very lucky and work for a charity that gives me whatever time I need, paid. It really does make you think about priorities, work to live and not the other way round. Do you enjoy your job, would you consider something else? x

Shine13

@Karden there has been grey hair on the red carpet. Looks like grey is the new blond. Mine is a nice silver grey with a bit of salt and pepper. Am going to save a fortune in hairdressers. I hope it stays this colour.

I still don t taste food properly must be the Kadcyla. It can be a waste of money going out for dinner some days.

I got a letter from hr this week saying they will pay for time of for apointments and treatment but want me to make the time up. No mention of the 5 years of long hours before my diagnosis. So you get compassion for 6 to 9 months then eveyone gets bored and thinks you should be back to normal/ocer it.

Love to all.

PaulineS27

Hi @Karden I had my first chemo cut, as they call it and my hair feels so much better. Even my son, who rarely comments said it looked healthier. You are right about the lady pointing me out, it was thoughtless but you just cant help some people being daft lol 

The warm muggy weather is rubbish, especially with hot flushed but we will get there. Reading the updates here always helps.

@Shine13 hope your side effects are minimal or don't arrive at all rather than as scheduled lol

Take care lovely ladies, on wards and upwards is my new phrase 🙂

Shine13

4 days 11 to go it is fine but side effects of fatigue and red/ sore skin should arrive middle of next week if they are on time.😄

Karden

@Shine13 How is it going, how many days have you had? It's interesting how everyone's hair seems to regrow in random ways. I'm going to try embracing the grey too but we'll see how it goes. x

Karden

@PaulineS27 it's a pity the lady pointed you out, very thoughtless. That's why I will stick with the wig for a while, I hate to stand out in public as a cancer patient. I'm over the side-effects now and feeling ok but I don't like the warm, muggy weather.

Sending good vibes your way. x

PaulineS27

Hi @Karden I am hopefully the hot flushes will ease once tables settle in lol 

Sorry you were feeling poorly, I found it built up. However hair growth is fantastic news!

Onwards and upwards! 

@Shine13 Love that you are embracing the grey, mine is one sided 🤣😂 I did go out without my wig, it was warm and with the hot flushes I thought sod it! but as you say people can tell you have been in treatment and one lady decided to point and stare which my little girl found upsetting so I will keep the wig a little longer 😁

Hope next week goes smoothly xx

Shine13

Just hanging around for rads they seem to have an issue with the machine. I quite like my silver grey hair so will leave and may add streaks at a later stage. Funny how it grows at different lengths. Am desperate to ditch the wig but not keen to sdvertise my health issues with clients at work.

Soòooooo looking foward to starting tamoxifan am leaving it until the end of rads now.

Next week is very busy rads,bloods and kadcycla.

Hope everyone is feeling good.

Xx 

Karden

@PaulineS27 I hope the hot sweats settle down soon.

@higgi How are the aching bones?

I had my final FEC a week ago and I slept on and off all day on days 3-5, it took much longer to get over it, maybe the build up effect? I'm ok now and enjoying the respite before starting on the Letrozole and Ibandronate in 2 weeks

My hair has started changing from spiky stubble to soft fluff so I know it's starting to grow again. White and grey àt the moment but I will see how it goes.

Best wishes to everyone. ❤️

PaulineS27

Hi @higgi.  

I think I need a little trim by an actual hairdresser, got my 9 year old to cut a few tufty but on the neck line 😂 I'm going to look at vegetable colouring, one side is brown other side is salt and pepper with a mix of brown, random 😂🤣

Good luck with Phesgo, its another one ticked off the list. I'm on Tamoxifen, its not too bad just a bit of tiredness and the dreaded hot flushes, mind you will save on the heating bill this winter lol 

Hope you are all doing well xx

higgi

Hi everyone 

I had a vegetable dye as yes avoid bleach for 6 months ! It’s been absolutely fine !! 
I went hairdressers for it and had a trim 🤣🤣… just neatening it near the ears n any tuffty bits . 🙌

got busy week with covid swab n phesgo injection ! Can’t wait 😛 NOT !!! 
the letrozole is making my hands n feet ache so much … like really stiff in the thumb joints … horrible,.. and yes revisiting hot sweats 😩

hope everyone s managing . Big hugs xxx

PaulineS27

Hi @dipitdee I have only just started Tanoxafen but am finding the hot sweats a little hard. Was having them before but Tamoxafen have intensified them.

I havent had any itching yet, hope your cream helps x

PaulineS27

Hi @higgi 

Loving that you coloured your hair, I sure have a lot of greys but thought I had to wait. Did you use Henna or normal colour?

I had my first Phesgo, size 14 with chunky thighs and my leg did swell. I initially had Herceptin which didnt impact me. Phesgo is definitely harder, although easier than chemo. Is there any chance of them administering it differently if you are slim? I can only imagine how uncomfortable it is.

Sending positive vibes for your Radiotherapy x

dipitdee

@Shine13 I’m on Kadcyla too. Had my first infusion a few weeks ago now. No really bad side effects just super tired the day after. Had to have a nanna nap that afternoon! Fine day after though. I have now had a port fitted though as I don’t think my poor veins could cope with another 11 cannula and blood tests! Got a few weeks break from it to do radiotherapy now though. Hoping this gives port site time to heal properly and that it eventually makes things a bit easier. 

Has anyone had any side effects from tamoxifen though? I’ve had to eventually ask for hydrocortisone cream from GP to handle itching ‘down below’ and around my eyes (not sure if that’s hay fever allergy related though)

Sounds like lots of us starting rads soon too. I’ve got my planning appointment on Monday. Do we seriously have to self-isolate again? I’m so hoping not! We’ve got plans to meet up with friends and family I haven’t seen in over a year over the next few weeks! 

Karden

@higgi Great to hear that you're moving forward. 

I'm interested that you coloured your hair, I have been told to wait 6 months after chemo ends although I haven't got any to colour yet. 🙁

I've got a Covid swab to do before my radio set up session but as it's on 12th and treatment starts on 27th I won't be isolating but will do another swab 3 days before starting.

Let us know how it goes. x

higgi

Hi @Karden great news re your radio date … I’m all tattooed up now and ready to go .. spparently I have to have covid swab 7 days b4 start ..so that’s wed n start 14 July … but I’m a 3 weeker !!!! Finish 3 aug . Have to self isolate after covid swab .???did anyone else … can’t believe I’ll be isolating for 4 weeks !!!!!!! Jeeze 

hair wise I had it coloured red 🤣. Hell of a lot better than grey tennis ball 🤣 it’s defo still curly YEH !!! and thicker YEH !! 
i have phesgo will b my 3 rd one as an injection on wed … I dread it cos I have dead leg for 2-3 days …they think it’s cos I no fat on thighs 🤣🤨😩… this will be cycle 7/18 her2 treatment 

thanks for everyone’s support … we all in it to the end 💪💪😅 xxx

PaulineS27

@Karden oh that wonderful, no complications with a fake boob then 😂 

Herceptin injections are ok xx

Karden

@PaulineS27 I'm pleased to hear that you're doing ok on the injections. I start Herceptin ones in 3 weeks time.

I should be ok with the radiotherapy - I haven't got an implant as I had a lumpectomy.

Great to hear from you, keep in touch. 🙂

Karden

@Shine13 There was no bell to ring but apparently they have one on the radiotherapy unit. Just feeling tired now but not too bad overall. I'm so pleased to have finished the chemo and it feels good to have the PICC line out.

My hair came back after the first phase of chemo and it was completely grey too. It was a real blow to lose it again so soon when the 2nd phase of chemo began but at least I know that it will start growing again soon.

Hope you are feeling ok and leading a more normal life again. 👍👍

PaulineS27

Hi @Shine13 @Karden @higgi 

Good to hear from you all.

@Shine13 im on phesgo it's a mix of herceptin and pertuzamab in one injection. I had herceptin injections pre op and then my first phesgo this week, my leg did swell a little and I was definitely more tired then when it was just Herceptin but it's a whole lot easier than chemo 

@Karden I am not having radiotherapy but from reading on hear people seem to tolerate it ok, hope your implant behaves.

@higgi I hope you are doing ok x

Shine13

@Karden Congrats hope you have a bell to ring. The hair comes back quick I have half a cm and gone completely grey though. Just use a wig for work now.

Karden

@Shine13 Good luck with your ongoing meds. You must be feeling so good now that the active treatment is over.

What a journey, but you've got there and it's time to focus on enjoying life again.

Best wishes, Karen xx

Karden

@higgi It's great to hear from you and it seems that things are moving forward for you now. I'm so pleased you're over the worst.

Good luck with the radiotherapy and I hope your new boob behaves itself.

I'm having my last chemo today and removal of the PICC. I'm so relieved to have finally got to this stage. I don't even mind the side-effects that will come as I know it's for the last time. 😊😊

My ct scan for radiotherapy set up is on 12th July then 5 days of treatment from 28th.

I'm so looking forward to my hair starting to grow again too. How's yours doing higgi? xx