1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

February 2019 chemo starters

Implausible

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

I can't work out how to delete the post altogether, but I think the photo is gone.

It would appear that she has told everyone at my work, just not me, so I don't think she is keeping it super secret.  But still a very good point!

Implausible

ah Trixie - that's a good point - I made a point not to name her then uploaded the pic!  that was daft of me.  I was just a little upset this morning, still am.   I'll delete it.

Implausible

Nick Poole?  Yes I met him once, really nice dude.

My main team is Vancouver, with a side order of half of the rest of the NHL πŸ™‚  My local team are the Swindon Wildcats, so divisional rivals of Milton Keynes Lightning until MKL dumped us to go play with the big boys! πŸ˜„  I used to enjoy visiting the Thunderdome, despite it being the coldest rink in the league - the only one where you could see your breath.

What a small world, who would have expected 3 of us to have a hockey connection, it's not exactly the biggest sport in the UK πŸ™‚   Seaside Sar I was imagining you living somewhere more coastal than MK! πŸ˜„

Edinbird, long shot, but as you are in Edinburgh and you like American Football, you don't know Kat and Doug Adamson, at all?  

Is there some work you can do at home to help out your team, and keep your head in the game a bit?  something not too urgent that you can pick up andput down depending on how you feel?

MBJ have you tried brushing your teeth or having a strong mint?  I've heard that that can help the funny tastes to reset....

Trixielady

Hi implausible, sorry to hear about your x-boss but i don't think its a good idea putting her / your photo on here just incase she joins the forums and is shocked if she happens to come across it one day especially if she hasn't told you herself and what happens if someone else happens to see her xx

Trixielady

Hi Seaside sar , im pleased you got sorted hopefully before it actually takes hold and drags you under xx

Trixielady

Hi MBJ 

its awful , i tried pineapple, bananas, baked potato with cheese, a subway sandwich  ice lollies beans, pizzas, jam donuts, toast & jam, lemon & ginger tea  hot chocolate, chocolate and all kinds of vegetables & fruit smoothies, not sure if they all helped but i enjoyed getting pampered xx

Edinbird

I used to work at FM103 Horizon back in the day and used to interview Nick the coach at the Lightning every week! Lovely lovely man. You might have heard me reading the news or presenting the football at weekends about 15 years ago!

My boss is apparently calling me tonight or tomorrow to discuss staffing... I hope they have a good plan cos my team are on their knees... I really want to help even picking up work that’s well beneath me, I don’t want to be off sick unless I have to be off sick!! I’m more up for a balance than I was before but still I don’t want to be condemned just yet! 😬

MBJ

Thanks 

Seaside Sar

Oh MBJ, sorry to hear that. Try some sweets maybe? Or something juicy, like pineapple. Hope you find something that works. Xxx

MBJ

Well girls

I now have a strange taste in my mouth almost salty but chalky too. Any ideas of what might help please. Just fancied a bit of jam doughnut but it tasted of salt too. 

Seaside Sar

Hi everyone,

So I rang the hospital this morning about my cough and after a few questions about my temperature and general symptoms, they told me to get an appointment with my GP. Luckily I managed to get seen today and I have come away with a decent goody bag. Not only did I get antibiotics for my cough, I also go Senna for the constipation which I will no doubt be faced with again next week, sleeping tablets to take as and when I feel the need and Gelclair for my dry mouth. I am having my bloods checked on Monday so I won't know whether this cold lurgy thing has put me back until then.

Sarah/Implausible, we need to talk ice hockey. Who do you support? I too am a season ticket holder for my team (MK Lightning) who are doing terribly at the moment but I still love the game. Sadly I've had to stay away for the last 2 weeks and probably for the rest of the season. I miss it so much. I will be watching the live stream though as I can't go cold turkey! One day I would love to watch an NHL game. It's something I've been wanting to do for years. Perhaps when this is all over, it can be my reward!

Hey everyone, we really should arrange to meet up after we've all finished our treatment. I'd love to meet you all and we should do something special so we can have a treat to look forward to.

MBJ

Hi Ally2019

As I have had surgery including lymph node clearance I was told I could not wear a band on my left wrist. So did not think one band alone would be any use.

Rosina

Hi Stargazer1

re doing Yoga or anything with your weaker arm ( for me it’s my right) adapt the stretch/pose/ activity accordingly.

After my node clearance my right arm got cording which meant I couldn’t raise it fully above my head also it was a full palm length shorter when I would go into child’s pose on the floor and stretch both arms on the floor in front of me.

Rather than not do anything , I did my usual routine including the right arm to the point at which it felt comfortable . I also concentrated on the arm exercises given to me by the Macmillan Cancer nurses which are recommended post op to prevent frozen shoulder. I did those x3 a day as prescribed. The wall creep with my right arm being the hardest. I love warrior 1,2 and 3 and my right arm was not fully stretched or powerful. 

For some core exercises I use hand weights but I only held it the weight in my left.

Gradually the right arm became stronger, the cording reduced and now my right arm is able to stretch out fully to the side and above my head. I also use hand weights with it.

Listen to your body and adapt, would be my advice. The race is long and in the end it is only with yourself 🌸🌼🌺

Susie B

Hi Deano

Welcome! 3 weeks since diagnosis and chemo already, that's an awful lot to take in during such a short time. You must be in a real spin. I'm having the same treatment as you, except I'm having 4 cycles of FEC, then a lumpectomy and some lymph node removal.Any further treatment will depend on biopsy results. Hope your 1st session of chemo goes ok. Don't know what size your lump is, but mine is quite small at 21Γ—18mm and I'm fairly sure it has changed in some way. One of the nurses says it's a great morale booster if you can feel the bc shrinking☺ xx

Ally2019

Hi Ocean21, 

I am currently doing the keto diet, but due to the side effects and my taste buds, at times I fancy cabs! I felt it worked for me pre chemo, so I will definitely continue it as much as possible xx 

Implausible

Yes, I wore them through my treatment and for the first day after.

I haven't needed them since but I have them on standby in case!

Just found a mouth ulcer coming up inside my lip.  Ewww.

Ally2019

Hi Implausible,

Have you got the anti sickness bands? I put them on straight after chemo, and I felt great. I took them off on Wednesday and felt very nauseous. I’ve put them back on and I feel much better. I got mine from boots, nothing fancy xx 

Implausible

Implausible

Cor blimey you lot, I have one morning off and there are 4 pages of posts on here to catch up with! πŸ˜„

How cool does everyone look in their wigs?? Marlyn yours is so damn sophisticated and it really suits you, and no way in a million years would I twig that to not be "real hair". (oh and I'm up for that Feb starters party once this is all over πŸ™‚ ) And Trixielady, you look more like 20 years younger than me, than 1 year younger than me, give me alllll your secrets! πŸ˜„

Seaside Sar - love your super gorgeous cat, Mischief, what a great name πŸ™‚ Sorry to hear you've got a bit of the lurgy 😞 hopefully they can do something to boost your white blood count so it doesn't end up delaying your next round, none of us want all this to take longer than it has to.

Thanks to a few of you for reminding me about that look good, feel good thing. I'm not usually one for stuff like that, not much into "pampering", but I wouldn't mind the lesson on doing fake eyebrows so I don't end up looking like a toddler drew on me with a sharpie!!! πŸ˜„ I think it's the "T" bit of chemo that makes your brows and lashes go wandering though, isn't it? So I guess I have 2 months yet before that stage of this wonderful fun thing we're all having to plod through.

Edinbird - Minnesota Vikings represent!!! They are my team too - mainly because one of my best friends is crazy for them, I like the colour purple, and I didn't want to pick my other half's team as he's a Pats fan, bleurgghh. My main sport is ice hockey, though. I've been a season ticket holder at my local team for 15 years, and in recent years my other half and I have been travelling the states annually trying to see a home game at every NHL rink. We were booked to go in 3 weeks time with tickets in hand for Columbus, Detroit, St Louis and Chicago to tick another 4 off the list. Have had to cancel because of the obvious. Gutted!!!
Try to make the most of your time off work, it will go quickly, and once you are back you'll be missing the opportunity to rest. I'm half looking forward to going back at the end of March, and half wishing I didn't have to.

So sorry to read you had a rough night - but like the others I am also glad that the wetness was from the hot water bottle and not exploding bowels, though!!! Hope you can take it easy today. As we are talking bowel movements (it's a good job we are all pals in here, right??), I finally managed to get going in that respect this morning - first time since before chemo last Tuesday - with the help of 2 sennakot taken last night. It wasn't the easiest or most comfortable poop - I was on the loo for 40 minutes giving it lots of verbal encouragement! But we got there in the end and I feel much better for it.

My main side effects (apart from the poop blockage) still seem to be a very heavy/fuzzy head, getting worse every day, tiredness, and worse distance eyesight than usual - having to wear my driving specs to watch the telly, which I don't usually have to do. Also my surgery boob is a little uncomfortable but I think that's just because I've stopped taking painkillers for it. This is my first day post anti sickness meds (I just had emend for 3 days, they did give me another one too to use as needed but I didn't need it) and steroids. So I'm interested to see how I manage today without those propping me up.

Sissy - I really feel for you with your dilemma 😞 My oncotype result was pretty high so chemo was a no brainer. In a way you're clearly better off with a lower score as that obviously means you're in a better place re potential recurrence, whatever you choose, but it does mean that you have to make this huge decision without any really clear idea of which way to go. It's so difficult 😞 I think I'd be tempted to just throw everything at it to be sure I'd done everything I could do. But it's got to be your own decision. I wish we could help you more. I'm really annoyed at them for being so weird about not putting your port in - that will hardly have helped!!!

Deano - welcome! 3 weeks from diagnosis and you're already in chemo, that must be quite the emotional assault, but I'm glad to see you are being so positive about it. I have a similar attitude in as much as it needs to be done and it will soon be over, so let's just get on with it. Biggest upset for me was losing my holiday!! Although now I'm sat here feeling knackered and a bit grotty 3 days post my first treatment, the thought of 4.5months of this is a tad discouraging. But hey, plenty of other people have got through this and out the other side without it being tooooooo gruelling, so so can we πŸ™‚ . Do you have surgery planned in afterwards?

MBJ - I hope you are feeling a little better today and you do manage to get out for that walk. I've done a 2 mile circular wander every day, not that I've particularly wanted to, but I swear I do feel better for it one it's done. Having said that I usually go in the morning and haven't been yet, because I feel so much tireder today. Steroids over plus overdid things yesterday I think..... I hope your son remembers to bring your bollywood πŸ™‚

Ocean21 - I'm so glad that your first session went smoothly, and that you didn't end up in the dark, unpleasant room as you worried you might. It really does help getting the first one out of the way, doesn't it, so you know what to expect next time. Glad your doc was nice too, that always helps! I told all my kids as soon as I had a firm diagnosis. The 16yo son who is still at home seems a little worried but is mainly holding it together ok, my 27 and 28 yo sons who live away however have barely mentioned it since! Here's me thinking they would be in touch more to see how I was? πŸ™‚ But no. Maybe they figure that they are getting all the info they need from my facebook updates. I guess I'd rather they are a bit blase about it all than panicking?? I'm glad I told them though as they would have been most miffed at me if they had found out on the rumour mill. And it has also meant that I can be quite generally open about it on Facebook etc, which I'm happy about - I'd rather have it out in the open than have people whispering about it behind my back and giving me secretive pity looks πŸ™‚
Sorry I can't help with keto - I understand the general principle of it but have never given a diet like that a go.

Sandraindurham - keen to hear how you and your daughter got on yesterday??

Daisydi - a nuclear bone scan sounds fascinating! Hope it's not too daunting or uncomfortable. I haven't been offered any full body scans, maybe I'll ask my oncologist at my next appointment why he doesn't think I need them. I think I'd like the reassurance that they can't spot any gremlins in other places.....

I think that's me caught up with all of you. Before I go, I have some sad news. Found out this morning that my beloved ex boss has also been diagnosed with breast cancer - quite an aggressive one 😞 she is having a double mastectomy next week. I think I've taken her diagnosis as badly as my own! And as she hasn't yet told me herself (apparently she doesn't want to bother me with it while I'm going through it too), I can't even contact her about it as I'll get my friend in trouble for tattling πŸ˜• She has quite the family history - she is the youngest of 3 sisters and the other 2 have already been through the same and survived - I'm hoping the strong family genes fight on a 3rd time!

This pic is the only one I have handy of me and her together. I'm the fatter faced one πŸ™‚ It was 5 years ago and I'm 5 stone lighter now πŸ™‚ I miss her. I hope she tells me what's going on soon so I can arrange a visit.

oh - it's not letting me add the pic from my PC,  I'll try on my phone after

Sarah

MBJ

Hi Stargazer1

Yes they will try the cheaper ones first I am sure but I requested Emend said I was very naseated after my surgery which I was. Just to make you laughter I sent a text to my son who is on his way to see me to get me wait for it -

A BOLLYWOOD OF SODLING WATER🀣🀣

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies, azekyo is a anti sickness med and metrochlopromide, I had no sickness or anything on these ones during chemo. Yes you need to watch your temperatures both raising and lowering and always ring your units. If your pee burns but no temp, ring your units it will more than likely be a uti from the chemo and will need proper antibiotics not just a bit of cranberry juice. Some of the ladies who did chemo same time as me oct17 used antisickness travel bands and they found those helped with sickness 😘😘hope that helps a bit. πŸ’•πŸ’•βœ¨βœ¨Shi xx

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi ladies

Stargazer1

Hi Mbj 

Glad your nausea was bearable hopefully ours will be on the next one, I cant bear sickness theres nothing worse.

Apparantly they start us on the basic meds and increase to the others if needed but dont know until we try.

xxx

Stargazer1

Hi Marilyn

I had

Ondansetron,

Dexamethsone, this is a steroid,

Metclopramide

after ringing the helpline and a visit to the hospital they gave me an anti sicknes injection and Cyclizine but have said that Emend is the best and hopefully that will be prescibed on Monday.

I was so dissappointed as I didnt suffer pregnancy morning sickness, this is meant to be an indicator and drank lots of water before.

I vomited straight after taking the meds and immediately after the injection.

It just makes you feel rubbish doesnt it?

I cant believe how well i have felt this week, im pleasantly suprised, Im going to Cardiff for some shopping and lunch with a friend this afternoon and am going to make the most of the next few days before number 2.

Lisa xxxx

MBJ

Marlyn

Ask for Emend as well. I asked in my pre assessment and only new about it from the girls on here. I have and still am nauseated not so bad today but had no sickness at all. I hate being sick tuts soiserable, you certainly want to avoid that next time if you can. The nurse also told me there was another newer strong antiemetic too which I could have depending on symptoms. But I think mine were bearable. 

Marlyn

Hi stargazer 

the vomiting was truly horrid, I too questioned the whole thing....my anti sickness meds were...

dexamethasone

ondansetron

domperidone

just for the 3 days post chemo  I will defo be asking for a tweak for next cycle.....

the temp thing is an interesting one.....I really didn't know that and was only made aware of the 37.5 one being the one to worry about... xxx

MBJ

Hi Stargazer1

Well another Welsh girl. I live about 8 miles from Swansea. Lovely day here If I could stand the light with the blinds open. Are you faraway from me and where do you get your treatment? 

Susie B

Hi Stargazer,

I haven't been told not to take paracetamol eitherπŸ€•, ooooops. I think I'm getting tension headaches because my Mum,of all people, is driving me nutsπŸ₯œ. Will ask this afternoon, if I remember, when I pop into the unit for my PICC line to be cleaned. 

daisydi

Morning all,hope you are all ok.  I'm just off for my nuclear medicine bone scan, the last test before my chemo starts on Monday.  Sounds like you are all not too bad.  I'm sure the thought of it is much worse than the reality but I will soon find out!

Stargazer1

Morning MBJ

Glad you found the cold cap ok, I managed it ok too but felt like i still had a hat on for days later. I wasnt sure if the headache was from that or from the chemo, 

I didnt realise we shouldnt take paracetamol I took 2 every four hours and didnt think about temperature oops!

I'll mention it on Monday when I go for my review. xxx

Stargazer1

Hi Trixielady

My implant feels quite hard and as my scar is going across the middle it feels like a boob of 2 halves, I did joke and wonder if thats what all young boobies felt like and I had forgetten  its been so longSmiley LOL

My youngest has just turned 15, she is very sensible,i have been very open with all 4 of my daughters. She could stay at the house on her own as is old enough but wants to come with me, bless her.xx

Stargazer1

Good morning Marilyn

Im glad to hear that you are feeling much better and got a good night sleep.

I was given an information folder at the hospital, it says that if your temperature falls below 35.5 you should phone your chemo line for advice.

I also vomited non stop from the treatment day Thursday to Monday, thankfully my medication is being changed ready for next Thursday, i really hope it works im already dreading it and was on the verge of not doing it, what anti sickness have you been given?

LIsa xxxx

Trixielady

Hi Lisa, mine is fully expanded and somerimes feels uncomfortable and mishaped it always feels worse when I've stopped exercising that side . How old is your daughter? I believe children should be included to prevent panic later in life if she's sensible and you are able to explain things to her it might help her to cope if you can show her your hospital appointments are relatively relaxed and happy xx

Trixielady

Bonjour Ocean21, my best friend used to live in the south of France until last year, I've had some wonderful holidays Memories like that help at a time like this x

How old are your children, I'm aware they live in England I think that's what I read? My son is 28 and I'm aware we're all different but I always believe honesty is the best policy whatsoever the outcome keeping things from people upsets them more usually that the illness its self xx

Stargazer1

Morning Trixielady

I think we have spoken about this before on another forum, although my brain is foggy!

How does your feel? 

Mine has always felt 'odd' but yesterday and this morning it feels more uncomfortable, the port seems to be jutting out a little bit more. Im wondering if its because the swelling has reduced or that im using my arm/chest muscles more. Im going for my first fill on Wednesday, just 50mls in think.

Ive got 3 appoinments at the hospital next week, bad planning for me as it half term next week in Wales and im not sure that its appropriate to take my daughter with me.

Also, ive been a regular yoga goer until all this kicked off, i would love to continue but what about all the positions using my very weak incapable arm?

Any suggestions off you lovely ladies?

Thanks Lisa

MBJ

Hi Oceans21

Glad your day went ok, mine did on Wednesday too. I have had similar symptoms as you heavy head with headache and really bad photophobia blinds drawn all day. I have the nausea too but thankfully no sickness. You are brave to do the DIY shop today I am going as far as the settee. Don't go doing too much too soon take it easy. Let's hope we are on the up now  until the next one. X

Rosina

Core Program, have been doing it since my 30s

The book is available on Amazon. I found it in Waterstones after the birth of my daughter when I was 33.

I had her by C section and it got me back to where I was pre birth . Probably even stronger.

There are 3 levels. 

I highly recommend it.

Did it after my son was born too ( another C section).

I am 50 in August and I am still doing the routine.

Ocean21

Trixielady

I had my first session yesterday and I did a kind of half fast the day before . Saw a talk by Longo on YouTube and it’s something Thomas Seyfield suggests too.

Ate very lightly the day before , that was until I ate a huge chunk of mozzarella with my dinner !

Morning of chemo , no breakfast  just a cup of tumeric tea and a few sips of a ginger and tumeric cordial I’d made to take with me for any nausea during the session.

The session itself wasn’t anyway near as stressful as I thought it would be. I was in a really comfy chair in a light airy room. The first two lots of IV’s they gave me were for nausea and I also had to make sure that I took the Emend capsule prescribed an hour before my appointment. 

Didn’t have any nausea at all during treatment but I did a couple of hours or so after coming home. 

Sipped some more of my ginger tumeric mix and it helped but then after a bit couldn’t face that and I really can’t even think about a meal.That said ,they gave me a meal during treatment and I ate that with any problems.However, since then can’t think of anything I really want to eat. 

Post 1st chemo , I definitely feel less stressed about it. I saw a lovely female oncologist whose approached impressed me. She encouraged me to tell my kids because I said the stress of keeping this from them weighs heavy.She’s from Roumania and shared with me how she wretched she  felt when her mum didn’t tell her she was ill and that was only last year. So, I’m thinking about being open about this’thing’ with the kids,especially as it would allow me to get involved in campaigns I really want join without worrying if they’d find out. My other half (OH)  is relieved I’m at least thinking about it because he’s wanted me to tell them from the very beginning. Anyway, small steps.

Sun’s shining here in South West France. Hope you’re all having a better day.Have to go out to DIY shop with the big fella ,don’t know how that will go as since yesterday I seem quite light sensitive , plus my brain feels like it weighs an extra pound, not to mention the low grade nausea  !

Nearly forgot to ask, I’m trying to follow a ketogenic diet, is anyone doing it or has anyone else tried it ? Would love to know your thoughts.

😘😘

Trixielady

Marlyn, if I was you I'd ring the helpline if there anything like mine they'll be trying to take you in to be checked over, they told me that our temperature should not drop below 36 especially if your not feeling well hun xx

Rosina

Morning stretches

Hello all, I am doing well.

I like to do my β€˜Core Program β€˜ to music like this . I have added in some extra arm stuff to prevent lymphodema in my right arm.

I find that doing 16 - 20 minutes sets me up in the morning. Don’t have to rush off to work so no excuses πŸ€ͺ

MBJ

Hi Trixielady

I am feeling better thanks my head is not so heavy although still a bit of a headache. Nausea is bearable and just had rice crispies in bed. Going to wash my short locks in the shower in a bit. I think I need another lazy day today then maybe try a bit of a walk tomorrow. But you never know maybe try later today as I would love some fresh air. Might help the headache too, I also struggled a lot to drink much yesterday so that did not help the headache either. But hey today is another day. Thanks for asking x

Marlyn

Good luck Deanno and all startin chemo today.

Just had th best sleep since chemo last thursday! God i was dreaming in technicolour and so random! I was in las vegas with my old spanish neighbour Elvira (who was supporting an afro) looking at diamonds! Try to interpret that one! 

Oh the bowels.....that chestnut hit me on tues/wed, i was either glued to the loo or sat sipping mint tea with a hot water bottle on my tummy, i even called the help line, they said if it didnt settle by weekend to call again, i happy to annouce it settled.....for now that is.

The thought of chemo getting worse fills me with horror....this time last week i was hospitalised on a drip for the whole day for vomiting.....

I inderstand your dilemma sissy ref chemo v no chemo....i had clear margins no lymph nodes involved but the onco said a chemo flush would get rid of any rougue cells as he couldnt guarantee they wouldnt be any floating around....also my odds went up 5 percent with it.....its a tough call to make..

whats with this low temp thing? I never knew that...mine is often 35 but i feel ok? maybe i ought to ring helpline just in case?

Yes, i have aged at least 20 years, when i look in the mirror i see my mum looking back at me....it puts a smile on me face but the image i see is when she was late 70s! eek!!!

Dont forget i love every single one of you, i wish there was a way we could all meet when this vile thing is over....imagine that!! what a party!!!! xxxx

Trixielady

Morning Stargazer1 

Yes hunny I do, why? Xx

Stargazer1

Yay πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ it’s worked πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Stargazer1

Good morning ladies

Ive not been able to post anything for days!πŸ™ what has been going on? It’s so frustrating typing long messages for them to just disappear πŸ˜‚ 

Anyway just to say I’ve caught up with the posts and am so glad everyone is doing ok & I’m loving the photos. 

Good luck to those starting treatment this week. 

On a surgery note.... does anyone have an expander implant?

Lisa xxx

Trixielady

Morning MBJ, how are you feeling today?

MBJ

Hi Deano

Good luck with the cold cap today and all the rest of it. I did the cold cap for the first time on Wednesday, I did not find the cold such an issue after about 10 mins. But the frontal pressure was quite uncomfortable and seemed to get worse as the time went on. Had a Megga headache yesterday and had to ring Triage to ask if I could take paracetamol as my temp was normal. I am going to ask for painkillers next time that don't regulate the body temperature. Maybe you could ask them today before you leave your unit as mine seem to be able to access the oncologist with quieriies all the time. Again good luck, I have had some nausea but no sickness, but have found it hard to drink more than sipps of liquid at a time  this probably has not helped my headache. Good luck yet again 

Edinbird

Oh yes it could have been far worse!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I just have explosive hot water bottles not insides don’t worry 😬

That’s a bottle of water and an orange juice down already and continuing this way today apart from sleeping... not doing last night again if I can help it! Curry on the menu tonight too!

MBJ

well Edinbird

That will teach me to read the posts downwards. I read about the wet bed and bowells and in my mind it was an explosion in your sleep 😡. But was relieved to read it was just your hot water bottle. 🀣🀣

Trixielady

Morning Deano  

Good luck for today, hope the cold cap works well for you, positive is the best way to go, I take it your having surgery after chemo xx take care drink plenty and rest plenty afterwards xx