62278members
327853posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Morning Rosina and everyone else.  So far today I have cleared up a pile of dog poo and drank a cup of coffee!

Hi Rosina 

Your early morning routine sounds great, really relaxing. So far I've just done a top up Tesco shop on my tablet whilst still in bed🛏 ! Love the meaning of the card. Very appropriate for what we are going through and supporting each other. Must get up now for a shower and hair wash - what's left of it😨.

Have a good day. Will catch up with everyone later xxx

MBJ

Morning Rosina

What a great morning you have had so far and it's still only 8.30am. So far this morning I have fed a greedy dog and two fussy cats, now time for my fruit.

Beautiful card for a solemn day for our Christian community. Off to church for 10am for the stations of the cross oh and a hot cross bun too. Better get my skates on. 

Morning Ladies,

slept well. Woke up Have done my body brushing followed by sesame oil full body and face massage ( I love it). Then shower, yoga stretches, Calm meditation then I thought let me pull out a card for today. This is what I got 636AFD94-4B89-4B1E-A193-C73C16B10EA8.jpeg

The message for this card amongst other things says :

’Learn from your current experiences, then share them with others ‘ 

Tea and breakfast now.

Love you all.

Rosina

Evening all

I am soooooo tired so just a quick catch up

Marlyn well done, another one in the bag!  Take it easy now x

Dr MBJ, well done on the Slimming World return.  I weighed myself yesterday and I have put on 1 stone 4lb since the week before I started chemo.  That's horrendous!  I'm only half way through!  I've decided to get back on the diet bandwagon (I calorie count with MyFitnessPal, lost nearly 4 stone last year with that plus lots of time in the gym) straight after this weekend (it's my birthday Saturday and I have a choccie egg for Easter Sunday, so I need to get both of those out of the way first Smiley Very Happy).  Hopefully I can lose some weight over cycles 4, 5 and 6.  Or at least stop gaining :/

Susie, yay for lovely new kitchen cupboardsSmiley Happy  my bathroom is now all done apart from the lino, and I need to get a mirror and shelf put up.

Edinbird....oooh gifts from Anthropologie!  I didn't even know we had those over here.  Only ever seen it on American TV shows. 

My chemo place is shut over the whole Easter weekend.  I usually have my bloods on the Monday but no can do this time.  I'll have to have them Tuesday morning and then wait there 90 mins for the result  before they decide whether or not to proceed.  Which is a pain.

Seaside, fwit fwoo!  You look gorgeous.  Glad you had fun.  Enjoy your goodie bag of delights Smiley Happy

Rosina, good news that you are so invigorated.  Shows what a further week of chemo recovery and a good sleep can do.

As for me I'm still in a bit of a downer mood, but hopefully I can  sleep tonight, which should sort me out.  I'm just tired more than anything.  2.5 days in work and the look good feel better session have worn me out. 

Love to everybody x 

Sarah

Hi all

Just a quick pop in. 

Edinbird, Easter Monday and chemo definitely don't belong together☹.

I don't think treatment is done here on Bank holidays which is why my PICC care was done today. Mind you if you had to rely on public transport  down here during a Bank holiday, forget  it🚍 so some people can't get there anyway.

I'm feeling a bit better now but as far as FEC goes it can FEC off. I know I was lucky enough to tolerate it throughout but it didn't have to leave a sting in the tail as a good bye present🎁.  

Who mentioned earlier about male friends being difficult and hard work sometimes. I found the answer. I married my best male friend. Deal with both at the same time☺.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter and enjoy doing whatever you have planned.  At least the sun is set to shine☀️ so that should boost morale. Happy days☺☺☺☺☺☺

Positively glowing Seaside Sar. Glad you enjoyed the LGFB session. Lots of goodies too☺.

Yes it’s a pain I have to go to hospital for bloods tomorrow. Drs is 5 min drive hospital is 30 mins... not the end of the world but still annoying. And yes it’s all normal service on Monday, if you’re due you’re due. So fingers crossed I don’t want a delay but still, frustrating I can’t get my bank holiday back. Especially as we’ve just gone onto new terms and conditions and we no longer get May Day!

Didnt realise they did chemo on Bank Holidays, or bloods for that matter.  Yes get that water down you x

BB479900-A808-40E3-9F43-2106C8F7E234.jpegThanks Edinbird for getting me out

Forgot Trixielady was trying to remember everyone without peeping.  Hope you are your family are ok and have a lovely Easter x

Daisy all being well it’s time for T on Monday.

Good Friday = bloods

Easter Monday = T

So I decided to do no work today as my holidays are being messed up! I will do a bit over the weekend to make up for it.

I went for my walk and my shoes started rubbing... cut it short and I have a blister 😬 gutted but at least it’s not too bad and only days before treatment. I was worried about healing but hopefully if I leave it to the air it’ll be ok. V annoying.

I think 10% is good... 1mm sounds rubbish but it was only 15mm to start with. Consultant was pleased anyway. As was my dad who is 67 today and said it was the best birthday present he could have had. In the circumstances I guess... I can think of better things!

Right away to keep drinking so my bloods are maybe less awful than usual tomorrow 😬

By the way Edinbird I nearly lost my whole breast for a 1mm clear margin and not 2 but my surgeon agreed to go in a third time so it is quite significant in the bc world x

Evening all,

Sar you look so good hope you feel good too!

Marilyn well done on number 4. You and Susie are FEC heroes.

Nettie hope you are ok

Sarah hope your day got better with your new shoes on

Rosina take it easy with the walking. I usually walk loads but I had to go sit on a bench today as my legs felt so heavy.

Edinbird glad your nasty has shrunk.  10% is quite good isn't it after only 3 treatments?  So will you be the first in our gang to get the T.  Think so.  Is it Tuesday?

MBJ nice to hear from you.  Hopefully now FEC is over for me I will stop eating chocolate cookies which are the only things I fancy in the morning

Sonia hope you have a lovely Easter with your family

Sandra and Veronica hope you are both ok

Ocean hope you are ok

Have a great Easter everyone. Have another friend coming so hopefully will be able to post some more pictures xx

Hi Edinbird,

I am finally getting my butt out the front door. Must at least get my 10,000 steps!

Seaside, looking gorgeous and a beautiful smile to boot. 

Marlyn, well done for downing some toast. Join me in sloth mode for a while. Xxx

Looking wonderful Sar 💁🏻‍♀️

Just did my good deed for the day and took some stuff to Cancer Research charity shop. Nearly got a parking ticket faffing with the gift aid form but there we go! 😂

Oh and met bestie for a quick cup of tea, things are good now and he’s suddenly shocked he won’t see me until Weds at the earliest...! That boy’s brain is surely fried. I hope I’m not in T ache hell on Weds but will have to wait and see...

I might go back out for a walk, I downloaded your app Rosina and I’m now wanting to get more steps! Which again is now annoying if T does me in! The weather is so nice so I want to enjoy it!

I've read through all of today's posts now.

Marlyn well done on getting through another one. Rest up now and take it easy.

Sorry you were feeling a bit off this morning Sarah. Hope the shoes have worked their magic. They're great by the way.

Lovely pic of you and your friend Edinbird. Good news on the shrinking gremlin too.

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Susie. You need to be well for those Easter eggs!

MBJ hats off to you for getting on with Slimming World. You are very inspiring.

Sonia, steroids without chemo, there's a thought. I'm already hulk like when I have mine with chemo.

Everyone, hope you've managed to enjoy some sunshine today. If not, it's here for the weekend ☀️

Aw, thanks Rosina.

You've been working hard today. Love the garden. Are you planning on having a rest any time? 😊

Looking fabulous Seasidesar,

cheered me up seeing you looking so beautiful 😍 

Hi everyone,

Just got back from my LGFB session. I thought it was great! Very relaxed and surrounded by lovely people. My friend from Bosom Pals was there so it was nice to see her too. Here are photos of the goodies and the before and after shots.

20190418_155108.jpgSkincare stuff

20190418_155130.jpgLoads of make up

20190418_124504.jpgBefore

20190418_152607.jpgAfter

Kitchen done, so now have fully matching doors🚪🚪🚪🚪☺. Getting nice and warm here☀️☀️🌡. I'm a bit better now although a little tired. Paul has managed to finish work early which is just as well as we have to go back into Yeovil later for my PICC care, then the holidays can start☺. Read all the posts so will be back later to respond. Enjoy the sunshine🌞🌞🌞🌞.xxx

Well done Marlyn, 

rest and keep us updated.

🌺🌸🌼⭐️

Well that's me done, now safely tucked up in bed with toast on the way. Got my appointment for herceptin which will start in June, interestingly I will be in for 6 hours so they can monitor for any reactions.......I didn't know that! Bloody hope I don't get any reaction to it.....oh eck....

love you all to to the moon and back......xxxxxxx

CAA97885-ED94-48A5-8D48-1541CD72492F.jpeg

390577FB-0162-4411-A379-BF53041D7015.jpegView of the garden from my desk.

It’s a small garden but my other half is plant mad so he would love a jungle. 

Go Marlyn!!

Just home from my appointment it’s only shrunk by a millimetre but that’s about 10% which sounds better! Consultant is happy and says he can see and feel the difference and is happy with the lymph nodes too. Said the main side effects of T are the aches and pains and it’s good that I had aches from the injections so I know what that’s like now. But more muscle aches on T. He said actually a lower chance of infection because of the injections! And warned about the nails so Sunday I will be filing and painting them. Less chance of nausea but that’s the one thing I haven’t really had.

Bestie is just feeling low but has forgiven me for what I did on Monday... so kinda good but still feel down I won’t see him for over a week now. My husband was called for jury duty at the High Court on 10th June which is my middle week so he wrote to them and told them how useless I have been in that week so far! And they have excused him which is great given I’m likely to see the surgeon and oncologist that week now!

So feeling a bit better, lots on my mind. Here’s the gifts from Beth, they took all the labels off in the shop so I have no idea what fragrance my candle is meant to be! The pot is very pretty though and I think I actually like the bag best! 😂

4D1D0037-D26F-48F8-8186-ABBE56806B34.jpeg

AC104055-F6C0-48D3-8116-7C189B14E2AB.jpeg

758C7648-CA9A-44ED-A021-5DD9F627D24D.jpeg

884CE285-0A9C-40CB-A565-8841EE834AB7.png

Hi Marlyn,

go girl - how I wish I was ‘done’ yesterday !!!!

On the other hand , I am doing my best turning this set back to my advantage and I have just finished mowing the grass in my  small backyard , as I am feeling very well and have had a good night’s  sleep.

This also proves to me that I will bounce back after chemo as my body is given a chance to detoxify!!!

On to tackle the ironing now.

I listen to the radio so it’s not so much of a chore !

Love to all,

Rosina

Hi everyone 

Was just in the process of catching up with you all when my kitchen cupboard fitter rang to say he could start here in the next half hour😊. Slight  problem though is that I'm feeling pretty 💩💩💩💩 after yesterday's blockage which thankfully has cleared with the help of laxitives. Tummy is now empty and I feel a bit weak😔. One last gift from chemo?

Have a good day. Will catch up later. Love you all❤❤❤❤ 

Marilyn, just to give you a big hug for today.

You are my hero!

Xx

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo

I know I need to get on with my life and live with my decision. Some days are easier than others so far. Hopefully as time goes on it will get better. I have also read your later post so can see you are still feeling human. I really enjoyed going back to Slimming World and know I can do it as I have before. First step changed my rice crispies and banana to Weetabix and banana for breakfast. Going to empty the dishwasher now then a bit of a Tesco shop to stock up on ''healthy food'. Only problem is I am eating out tomorrow night and on Sunday lunchtime. Oh well it is Easter I suppose and I am not a big fan of chocolate, we still have some here from Christmas. 

Hope you keep feeling ok. X 

Marlyn, walking (and sitting) with you every step of the way today. Number will soon be ticked off. How amazing does that sound? 

Edinbird, glad you enjoyed time with your lovely friend and had 2 wines. High five on that honey!

Implausible, great Vans. We now need to see the others coming out of their boxes. It will be like one of those shopping haul type vlogs I love seeing on insta.....I know I need to get a life!😂😂😂. Don’t get me started on male friends. One of my best mates is a male who lives in London and goes from one personal  crisis to another, most of them women based.  He has been very supportive of this whole bc thing and makes me laugh constantly but like most men he can go from saying just the right thing to exactly the wrong thing without even realising it. Let’s be honest girls, most men are not as sensitive as women. 

Anyway, thanks for all the good wishes and very sensitive words my loves. Have a good day. Xxx

Morning!  The sun is shining and its going to be a beautiful day.  Love the shoes Sarah and the hat Edinbird.  Marilyn we are with you every step of the way.  You go girl.  Have a lovely day everyone xxx

Marlyn, imagine us all by your bedside with pom poms cheering you on like your own personal cheerleading squad!

I don't want to be top of the pyramid though, I have no sense of balance and I weigh a ton!  Unfair on the other girls doing the lifting Smiley Very Happy

Love the shoes implausible, hope your day gets better...

smashing pic edinbird....hope onco goes well...

well, I'm getting ready for cycle 4, So maybe off the radar for a bit....take care all my beauties.....speak soon xxxxx

I really like that hat!

Aw Sarah! Yeah sounds like me...! D is still barely speaking to me. He said he wanted time alone so his other friends are being shut out too but doesn’t help when I desperately wanted to tell him about the shrinking! To be fair he did reply to that but that’s all. Trying to appeal to him to see me today as it’s my last day I can before T starts so just gotta see if he’s in the right mood. It’s certainly getting me down.

The meal was lovely and I had two glasses of wine. But I’m so tired this morning and I have to get up right now to drive over to my oncologist appointment. I just want to stay in bed. Slept about 10.30-4 but then woke all hot and sweaty again.

Here’s me and Beth, she bought me a couple of lovely gifts I’ll have to post pics later since I need out my bed this very second!

92D58F65-92AF-4946-A57E-FDDC0A151C34.jpeg

Morning all, I've woken up very glum today.

This could almost have been written by Edinbird....  but I had a big ol' barney with my best mate yesterday and barely slept last night for stressing about it.

I tell you, honestly, male close friends are more trouble than they are worth, all the downsides of a marriage with none of the perks!!!  

He will have gotten over it by now, I will stew for days.  

Pfffft.

In other news I now have to do a full day in the office after about 2 hours of kip.  This going back to work lark is feeling like a stupid idea all of a sudden.

Hopefully I will sleep tonight and the world will right itself again.

Hope everyone else is in a happier mood Smiley Happy

Nettie I'm not surprised you are worried after your previous experiences, anyone would be.  But let's hope that you are luckier this time around and that will set your mind at rest a bit for the remainder.  We are all rooting for you x

And Marlyn, hope all goes well today xx

I've just cheered myself up a bit in the best way I know how.... lacing up a fresh pair of Vans to wear for the first time today.  They have been sitting in a box for months waiting to be needed Smiley Happy  (along with about 6 other as yet unworn pairs, I have a bit of a problem)

Work your magic, lovely shoes Smiley Happy

20190418_081719-picsay.jpg

Susie,

Sonia how did you manage all that ironing and stuff, it exhausted me just reading about it😪😴. Sorry your chemo has been delayed but at least hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the weekend without other chemo side affects. 

One word steriods without chemo ! Wow they give you a major buzz and gave me loads of energy, but no sleep, slept like a log last night for first time in ages, think it was steroid crash 😀

Edinbird, fab news on shrinking Gremlim. Glad to see you made your meet up with friends xx 

Nettinoo, well fine of number 3, fingers crossed it’s better for you this time around. Don’t be so hard on yourself you must be worried xxx 

Implausable, bathroom looks fab, and so do you, I loved my goody bag. 

MJB, I vowed to join slimming world after chemo, I’m beginning to feel like jabba the hut 😂

Marilyn good luck today, you’ve got this 🍀

Trixielady, Sandra, Daisydi, Rosina, and the rest of you lovely ladies hope you get to enjoy the sunshine we’ve been promised 🌞🌻🐇🐥

MBJ, I don’t feel brave at all. Very anxious and worried but keeping everything crossed for this cycle, not particularly hopeful though to be honest. Everyone is telling me to think positively but my brain is telling me that a reduction didn’t work last time so why would it this time? WBC injections haven’t worked in the past either. I’m having 7 this time but when I ended up in H first cycle, it took 8 before neutrophils started to recover. 

I’m being so negative I know, naughty, naughty but it is 4.15am and awake with steroid sweats. I’m sure things will seem better in the morning sunshine. 

You mustn’t keep worrying about your decision Marie, you did your research and weighed up the odds and made your decision on that basis. I’ve just been led by my Onco. Decisions could all change this cycle! Sending you so much love Marie. 

Don’t be too hard on yourself at Slimming World, take it slowly as your body has had a rough call recently. I know how therapeutic it can be mentally to take back control and bin the junk food though. Good luck. Xxx

MBJ

Hi Girls

Well Implausible you look great and what a wonderful bag of stuff. Your bathroom is coming on well too. 

Nettienoo I am in awe of you having third chemo, I wish I had been as brave as you. I hope you will stay out of you know where this time ( not using the H word)

I started back to Slimming World tonight got a stone to loose to get back to pre Barry BC weight. Well I have eaten for Wales and lounged around in T shirts and leggings for 7 months so what did I expect. Oh wait I was not lounging around I was fighting that Barry Mountain Lion. Well he can get lost out of my fridge as it will be full of healthy  food from tomorrow 😀. 

I hope you all have a some restful sleep tonight as I know some of you are struggling with that. 

Oooooh that’s a great goody bag Sarah and you look lovely but then you always do. I’m actually getting very excited to see the progress in your bathroom. I remember when we had ours done not long after we moved in this house (we had to as it was leaking through to the kitchen from various places) it’s awesome when you can start to see how it will finally look.

I’m snuggled in bed now. Night my darlings. Hope all is well whatever you are doing. Xxx

Sarah you look 'fabulous' and so does your bathroom.  Glad you enjoyed it and the freebies are well worth it.xxx

Yup the brows are real.  Don't look too close they could do with a tidy up!  I do hope they don't fall out on T.  

If they do, though, at least they taught me today how to draw them back on Smiley Happy

Whit woo implausible! Bloody impressed by your eyebrows, are they yours? I seem to have lost mine! Let me know if you find them???? Xx

A little catch up....

Seaside....  my oncologist didn't tell me half of your list for T side effects!  Mine said that the main thing that most people get is achey joints.... hips/knees etc.  He suggested I stock up on painkillers for that.  Also pins and needles in the hands and feet.  And restless or sore legs at night.

He did say like yours that nausea should go away. 

But he said some head hair might start to grow back.... whereas yours said more hair loss.  To be honest I barely have any left to lose! 

He didn't say anything to me about a higher risk of neutropenia.  That's a worry.

Edinbird I'm so happy for you re the lump shrinkage and other improvements!!  Definitely shows that the chemo is doing its job.  A glass of wine to celebrate won't kill you, go for it Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Marlyn your super-honest resident encounter made me laugh.  Sounds like you cut them off just in time! Smiley Happy   and congrats on cycle 4 green light, that's good news.   Best of luck for tomorrow x

Susie I'll have a daily 2 hour round trip for radio too.  All for about 5 minutes of zapping.  Crazy really isn't it.  I wonder why more hospitals don't have the facilities.  Not as if cancer is rare, as we have established, it is common as muck!  And when you have to go every day for a whole month, it is a pain to have to travel so far.  Wouldn't matter if it was a one off or less frequent.... 

And Nettie....woot!!! Another one in the bag!!!

Love to everyone else too x

You're looking good, Sarah!

And so is the bathroom 😊

@Edinbird wrote:

the sonographer says the lump has definitely shrunk! Yay! 😁

CONGRATS GIRL!

You go, have the entire bottle, you so deserve it!

Highlighted

@Marlyn wrote:

Just been given the green light for cycle 4 tomorrow

Yayyyyyy, go Marlyn, go Marlyn, go Marlyn!!!! Cat LOL

@Nettienoo wrote:

on way home from chemo 3 now. 3 down 3 to go! 🙌🏻 X

Honey, just did a little dance here, promise!

That is so, so great!

What a brave girl!

Uhuuuuu Woman LOL