62959members
330998posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Trixelady, your having chemo today??? Oh eck, good luck Hun, thinking of you heaps, god we really are warriors aren't we?? Xxxx

Edinburd, just popping in to support you today, really hope your up to a post later to tell us how it went...thinking of you LOADS.....xxxx

also see our trixelady is home...phew! About time too...rest easy Hun xxxx

catch you all later...love you all xxxxx

Trixielady so glad you are home and feeling better Smiley Happy

The "do they still do chemo over Easter" question isn't as daft as it sounds.  My chemo unit completely shut from Friday to today inclusive.  

It's annoying as it means I haven't been able to have my bloods done for my (hopefully) treatment tomorrow.  I couldn't get it done on Thursday before the Easter shut down as they said that's too early.  So now I have to go in usual time for my treatment tomorrow but then sit around for 2 hours while they test my bloods, and then possibly get sent home if they aren't good enough.

My other half will be annoyed if that happens as he will have used up a day off work for nothing!

Trixielady, you are home!!!! Shame you have to go have chemo now but you should still be able to enjoy some sunshine. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼🙌🏻. Xxxx

Only slept from 11.30pm to 3.30am. Longest, hottest, boring night ever! I need to get stuff done today and get outside as much as I can. As I stopped steroids yesterday afternoon, the big slump will come later where I go so weak I can’t move for a day or two and so I need to battle through this 4 nights little sleep brain fog! My husband has realised he isn’t going to get much convo today so is keeping a wide berth! 😂😂😂 x

Cancer takes no break! I’m glad to be getting the T that should kill this nasty bugger off and I’m sure I’ll be fine. It’s just the ward policy they are so busy it’s just someone with you first time then you’re on your own. There’s not loads of space my stuff is always all over the floor!

Posted on my Facebook forums and now getting swamped!! It’s nice to know so many people care 😊

Trixie good luck too!! I feel better knowing there are two of us going today 🤗

Morning ladies 

I'm home safe and sound and hopefully having chemo this afternoon, 

Edinbird good luck for today can't understand why they won't let your hubby in with you our unit allows at least 1 

Daisydi hope your OK for next week hun

Implausible happy belated birthday and bathroom its looking good 

Rosina you definitely put me to shame I'm going to start to try and push myself to do more exercise and meditation

I find it so difficult to drink all the fluids before chemo 

Nettienoo how you doing after number 3??

Ocean21 how are you doing? 

Seaside sar when is your next chemo 

Marlyn hopefully your feeling better 

MBJ so pleased your slowly rebuilding your life its so precious

Sandraindurham & V so what happened did they reduce Veronica's chemo? How are you both feeling now??

SusieB so how are you feeling now after number 4 what's happening next hun??

Sonia28 how are you doing ? Xx

Some people make you laugh  ! Do they still do chemo over Easter? Oh no i just tell myself to shut my cancer off for the holidays wouldn't that be good xx

Morning Edinbird 

Just read your post and I can't believe that the unit won't let your husband sit with you. Did they explain why? I thought that throughout this horrible journey having someone with you at all times was actively encouraged. It certainly is here. I totally get that you're going to be anxious, as you say it's just like going back to the beginning. You're a strong girl and you got through the FEC and can and you will get through the T. Remember as horrible as chemo can be your body needs it and like me you have the physical proof that it's working. Hold onto that thought. Let the nurses know how concerned you are, it's their job to reassure you. We'll definitely be thinking of you.  Chat away all you like, you know someone will always be listening. Take care. Sending you lots of hugs❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤        

Highlighted
MBJ

Edinbird

I hope everything goes well today I am sure it will. Can't believe you have got a massage lady how great is that!  I hope she works bank holidays. You have prepared well and I know you will do everything right when you get home. Watch the sun though I think you will be more susceptible to it. Hope to hear an update later. 

Morning all.  

Edinbird was just popping on to wish you well, good luck today.

I think it is a little rough that they don't let you have company Smiley Sad  

Try not to worry about the allergic reaction thing, that's why they have pumped you full of steroids, to prevent that.  

Which reminds me, I need to take mine!  

Better go pop some pills....

Edinbird, make sure the staff know how nervous you are about T because you def need extra reassurance if your husband isn’t allowed to sit with you. You are a bloody strong girl though. It shines through on all your posts, however rough a time you are having. Who knows, you may find T a doddle after all you’ve been through? I really hope that is the case. Lots of love. Xxx

Morning all xx

Serious steroid sweats even with the window open mean I’m not greatly rested but wide awake. Need to get up for water, still feeling plenty of indigestion. But have to eat to take more steroids...

I’m seriously nervous about this. Some people seem to get a nasty reaction to T so I’m very anxious. It’ll be done quicker so less cold cap but it’s the not knowing, like being back to the start. And I was allowed my husband in with me first time but not today. Hope I get one of the nurses I’ve had before, and the massage lady really had better show up on a bank holiday!!

Then is it the done thing to come and sit in the sun afterwards again?! 😂 my nails are all painted now, dark purple which I quite like but shame is has to be so dark for the next 10 weeks. Maybe should have done sooner but seems to be T that messes with them so I didn’t bother before.

Hope everyone else is feeling well and can enjoy their day off. Finally heard from bestie even if it was a very delayed message from yesterday saying Happy Easter. I hope he’s back on before 11 when I go in.

I know you’ll all be thinking of me which means a lot, update as soon as I can (and probably during as I’ll need something to occupy myself!) xx

Hey there lovelies,

Im good.

Just a quick pop in , will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Been doing some serious gardening these last few days. Had a gardener in to do the digging  and widened the beds. Other half was never going go do it so I hired someone. Got his rotovator to work and the beds were done  in  a couple of days. I’d never have managed that hand digging. It was great, , a real treat for the spirits to get back to planting.

Belated happy birthday Sarah, looks like you had a grand day and belated Bonne Paque ( Happy Easter).

Right, catch up tomorrow. Got to go and have a pee for the umpteenth time. I’ll wake up again mid morning to go. Driving bonkers.

Rest we’ll all of you.

xx

Ps Dikat, just wanted to say thank you so much for popping in and encouraging us all. It means a lot. 😘

I lost my hair at 10 days after 1st FEC but didn’t cold cap so you definitely win Marie. It just shows how strongly that one cycle affected us though eh? 😥 x

It never ceases to surprise me how differently we are all affected by chemo and how it’s is so unpredictable. I have learnt to take each day as it comes and if it’s a goodish one I am grateful as I’m sure all my lovelies are. I managed a trip to the huge garden centre at Trentham this morning. Followed by  crashing out in bed for a couple of hours exhausted when I got back, but it was so lovely to get out in the sunshine. Unfortunately, we hadn’t realised the whole area selling plants (which we’d gone for) was closed for Easter Sunday only everything else was on sale. Never mind, if the steroid slump hasn’t kicked off tomorrow, as I have just finished them, we may pop back for plants. There is a nice retail village in log cabins next door to the garden centre so ended up making up for the lack of plants by buying a cobalt blue linen  shift dress  instead.....ooooops! I’m hoping this is my last night of hardly any sleep. 

Seaside, I love that summery photo of you on your bike. No one would guess what you are going through at the moment. You are such an inspiration as are all you walkers. I have done quite a bit more walking since this last chemo but still tiny in proportion to you little Duracell bunnies. 

Trixielady, are you still in hospital honey? If so I hope they will get you home very soon. Thinking about you all the time.

Edinbird, what time is your treatment tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts too. 

Marlyn, I really hope you start to pick up soon. 

S & V, I can see these gorgeous forum girls have done their usual wonderful  job of giving you both some wise words, comfort and support already. I think of you two constantly you know. We are all going to get through this together, one way or another. Love you all so much. I hope everyone at the very best has a decent night’s sleep at least and some more sunshine to wake up to tomorrow. Xxx

MBJ

Hi Susie B

Well I am 8 weeks post 1 chemo so don't hold your breath for hair growth yet. Mine can only just bee seen now I keep on using a magnifying mirror but that's not really helpful I suppose.

I am sure your surgery will go smoothly, coping with that will be a breeze after chemo. Are you having a reconstruction at the same time?

Hi MBJ

Yes, unfortunately you do hold the top prize for hair loss and in double quick time☹. I've got a bit of respite from chemo and I am due to have surgery in the next few weeks. Having read regrowth can start as early as 3 weeks after chemo ends guess what I'm doing everyday now? Close inspection every morning even though it's only day 10 after chemo. How sad is that☹? On top of that I'm still leaving hair in the sink each morning after gentle combing and brushing, so how can I expect regrowth to start😨? Crazy or what😲🙃!!! 

MBJ

Hair /No Hair

Well do I hold the prize for head hair loss girls. Cold capped, l dose of FEC, no hair at all on my head after day 12. Hair hung around everywhere else though. Now I have a slight growth I can feel it. My poor husband keeps on saying yes it's growing I can see it trying to encourage me bless him, but I won't need any pony tail bobbles for a few years that's for sure. Oh yes and it's almost white too. Mind you I have no idea what my natural colour is anyway haven't seen it since I was about 17. 😂

Rosina I just read this like 10 mins ago. I used to live and work in Bury St Edmunds (first police job) so I still have Suffolk and Norfolk news come up on my phone. Now my husband is a plant scientist but a lot of the stuff about genetics translates and he works on plant pathology and disease... so he understands at a fundamental level. It’s good he can look at things in a technical way but when there’s a risk of bad news (like when we were waiting on the liver scan) it must be awful.

I still don’t want to go off sick proper but it’s the only way I’ll get an actual return to work plan! If I can wait until surgery I’ll take that

Working rights-returning to employment

In the headline news today ( my H1) told me about it.

Returning to work after cancer treatment.

Who started the hair census 😂

Ok my data :

head : Friar Tuck,

eyebrows: look thinner to me , used to have them tidied up but don’t bother anymore.

eyelashes : also look thinner but  still there

arm hair: gone

lady garden : bald and it used to be a jungle!

nose hair: gone , nose drips.

arm pit hair : gone - don’t miss it either!

leg hair: greatly reduced I could get away without shaving.

moustache: minimal and it used to need threading once a month ( saving money- yeah)

stubborn chin hair: much weaker noticeable to me but only if I inspect myself in strong sunlight.

hair on my big toes: still there so probably have ‘ hobbit’ in me 🤪

Hi Implausible,

just to second your post. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed my ‘break ‘ from being dosed. Feeling so much better.

Did another walk today ( my son came along this time) and I met up with a friend who was volunteering ( Easter fundraising activities) at a park I  normally drive to. My head is clearer, energy levels are up, farting has returned to normal levels. Initially I was miffed that I was ‘off target ‘ so to speak but now I am grateful that dose 4 was postponed and that I have been able to enjoy the Easter break.8909BC26-F2A3-409E-BDEC-57DA61BAC39D.jpeg

Another walk already planned for tomorrow. Got to make the most of this weather!

Well no roid rage yet despite coming back to the car to this...! 😳 my car is held together with duck tape but at least I can park straight!

36D54482-CC7E-4CF0-9BCD-B0AFCA3B7A97.jpeg

Edinbird,

my legs are still hairy! In fact very hairy indeed! Arm hair gone, lady's garden spartan, no underarm hair and sadly eyebrows are going too as are the eyelashes....poo! Xxx

MBJ

giphy-1.gif

I now feel like a weirdo having had hair around my belly button!! 😂 it kinda went down towards my pants... that trail is gone

And what’s with everyone else losing their leg hair?! No fair 😕 I guess it’ll come...!

Hair? Let's see

Legs - just counted 4 hairs

Lady garden - still bald as a coot

Belly button - never had any

Arms - finer than normal

Under arms - no maintenance required since 1st chemo day

Nose - where did that hair go

Chin☹ - 3 or 4 persistent hairs went but just reappeared as if by magic a couple days ago

Eyebrows - ok but need help as grey mixed with brown. Also quite thin naturally -  years of plucking 

Eye lashes -  lost a few but ok. Just use clear instead of coloured mascara to give some definition 

Hair - Let's just say the Bobby Charlton comb over became ineffective many weeks ago😨. Deffinitely             going for the badger meets baby monkey look. Wigs and bandanas only for the many months                 ahead

Chemo -  the drug that can result in such random and inconsistent side effects. 

Oh and eyebrows def on the move.  Didnt have much to start with and lashes still there for now xxx

I started off super hairy so what Ive got now is just normal.  Legs bit hairy but not as they were same as underarms and everywhere else.  Just a bit thinner.  My hands look really smooth and legs feel smoother as Im not shaving.  Head is acceptable just thinner

Hmmm....

Let's see...

Legs - not as hairy as they were a month ago but I can still spot the occasional straggler

Pubic area - 3/4 gone

Around my belly button - I don't think I had any there to start with? If so I never noticed! Smiley Very Happy

Arms - still as hairy as ever

Under arms - completely gone, which saves shaving, can't complain 

Any kind of peach fuzz - still peachy too

Nose - my nose drips more so I think maybe I've lost hairs up there.  Can't see any.

Eyelashes - mine look a lot sparser than usual but still passable with a bit of mascara

Eyebrows - less aggressively Dennis Healy like than usual.... I'm not having to pluck them as often.... but still there

Head - totally Friar Tuck

Ouch sunburnt head sounds nasty Daisy! I’m too thin I’m not going out without a hat at all. But I have been able to wear my holiday beach hat the last two days! 😊 maybe not to do the shopping in...

Im slightly annoyed that I can’t wear shorts or a skirt because I’ve not shaved my legs since all this started determined to see when the hair falls out! 😂 not yet anyway... it’s odd what has and hasn’t -

Legs - not in the slightest bit different 

Pubic area - still a light covering

Around my belly button - gone!

Arms - as always was

Under arms - hair free

Any kind of peach fuzz - still peachy

Nose - as normal

Eyelashes - seems like more come out but they look the same

Eyebrows - still need a good pluck

Head - just call me Patch

Morning everyone.  Happy Easter Sunday.  Hope you are all feeling well.  I have another good nights sleep.  So two in a row.  Amazing how much better I feel with decent sleep.  So hopefully I will now have a good week.  I really noticed the heat yesterday on my head.  Went for breakfast on the broads fairly earlyish about 10.30 and sat outside.  Had a full English as a special easter treat.  Havent had bacon or sausages for months and months and so enjoyed it.  I have always had thick hair and not really had to worry too much about hats but yesterday where my hair has thinned and there are the old bits of scalp showing my head got sunburnt. Lesson learnt so now I will wear hats if I am in the sun.  Glad you are feeling a bit better Marilyn.  You and Susie have done so well tolerating your 4th FEC.  Have a lovely day everyone.  Edinbird enjoy your day on steroids!

Good morning my beauties and happy Easter to you all! 🐣🐇⚘

I hope you are all able to enjoy today and not feeling too poorly. I know lack of sleep is still affecting most of us. Hopefully a few naps in the sunshine will help.

How are you, Trixielady? Hope the aches and pains have eased off now. Any chance of you going home soon?

Sorry to hear you have been feeling a bit rubbish, Marlyn. Accumulated side effects are not fun. And yes, water tastes pretty awful when you're in that mode. Fingers crossed you'll be on the way up soon.

Sarah, your oncologist has spoken a lot of sense there. I just wish I had known that in the first place as it certainly has been the case for me having 4 week cycles. Having said that, the nurse told me to prepare for 8 months of chemo so that I wouldn't be disappointed - I guess I put that piece of advice to the back of my mind.

Edinbird, love those socks! My daughter has a bunch of fancy socks like that. My favourite pair has a picture of avocados and it says 'avocatoes'. Love a good pun.

Sandra, sorry to hear V is worrying so much. It is easy to do that when you can't go about your usual routine. Sending you both all the strength to get through this.

Ocean, how are you doing hun?

And where is Deano? Hope you're OK.

Rosina, 10 miles! You are unbelievable! 

Hi Susie, Daisy, MBJ and Nettie. Hope you can enjoy some chocolate today.

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Brain defo not up to speed.

I managed a bike ride yesterday. Stopped off at the garden centre and bought some shrubs as well.

Off to the ice hockey today. GB are playing Hungary here in MK. Kind of wish I hadn't booked the tickets now I've seen the weather forecast for today 😎

Love to all.

Sar xxx   

IMG-20190420-WA0003.jpgManaged not to fall off, despite having a basket full of shrubs.

Marlyn salt is what I crave too! Was good last night as I really wanted plain crisps with extra salt☹ but had unsalted nuts and raisins instead but it was soooooooo difficult to avoid opening that packet of crisps.   

Morning everyone 

Happy Easter🥚🥚🐣🐣🐤🐤🐥🐥. 

Trixielady hope you're feeling a bit better today. Being in hospital is the pits🤒😳😷 especially during  the Easter break along with the warm weather☀️. I hope the medics can establish what the problem is and you can escape as soon as possible. Sending you hugs❤❤❤❤

Edinbird good luck for tomorrow. Changing to a new chemo regime is pretty daunting but I know you can do it!  Your Gremlim doesn't know what's coming next🐉🐉

Hope you're all feeling a bit better than yesterday. Lack of sleep really isn't helping😪😴☹.

That said I think I got more than 4 hours last night, unfortunately not unbroken☹, but a step in the right direction☺.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Love you all xxxxxxx   

Morning sisters,

well, that was another crap night sweaty sleep! So far feeling ok ( for chemo) still in bed and will see how today goes, although I can feel ok in bed, when moving around it can be a different story!

implausible....really interesting about what the lady said about tamoxifen, I have heard similar stories....hmmmmm also well done on all the walking, do some for me while your at it? Xx

edinbird, you too with the steps!  But don't bugger yourself up for tomorrow....good luck Hun xx

rosina, another stepford wife....how on earth do you do it??? I'm always showing hubby your screen shots, you do better than him and he's walking the dog! He's secretly trying to beat you now! Xx

sandra...interesting about the cycles? Makes sense too, when is v going back? Give a hug from me xxx

trixylady....where are you??? Not still in hospital? Please pop in when your brighter? We worry about you xxxx

mjb your day sounded divine! I was with you in spirit...xxxx

where is ocean? Hope all ok her end? Unless iv course I've missed a post which is highly likely in my state! 

Seaside? How's it going Hun? Glad your back on track with bestie xx

susie...I hope to God this taste thing doesn't last too long! Only things I can manage are uber salty....that will do my blood pressure the world of good...xx

daisy...you ok Hun? Xx

My chemo brain is kicking in now, remember I love you all and if I haven't mentioned you on here it because you are safely tucked in my brain for later....I love you all, and don't know where I would be without you.......keep trucking sisters xxxxx

Hi Sandraindurham 

I can understand Veronica's concerns regarding her delay in chemo, but from what I've read and been told, breaks of more than 3 weeks between sessions aren't a problem. As Implausible's onc said who wants chemo to go on for months on end? The way I look at it  I've got a 5 to 6 week wait between chemo and surgery and I'm sure that if the medics thought  my Gremlim would fight back during that time, then surgery would take place sooner. If you're well enough surgery can be done within 3 weeks but my onc is happy for us have our break in France followed by surgery.

As for Veronica worrying about the future I can't help much other than for her to try and do what my medics have suggested and try and break things up into little chunks and concentrate on each bit as it arrives. She really needs to focus on the here and now.   Take care both of you xxxx

Sandra I hope you guys can think positive. V is getting treatment which is better than not. And imagine if they just kept pumping us full of this poison if we were not well enough to take it - we’d all be so poorly.

When I saw the consultant he said surgery for me is 4-6 weeks after last chemo - so again that shows what Sarah said, time to recover could be longer and sometimes is. They won’t operate until I’m ready but they wouldn’t risk it starting to grow again so a week or so off won’t hurt.

I have one Easter egg but not sure if I’ll have any today. Can’t quite shake the indigestion at the moment. But I need to get up and eat to start on my steroids. I kinda expect to be like the Incredible Hulk later! At the moment though I’m just laid in bed with sore hips and legs from walking and period pains... not very super hero like! Need to dust my hat off for tomorrow!

Hi sandraindurham

Just popped in from Dec thread to hopefully offer some more reassurance to what Implausible has already said.

Please tell your daughter not to worry or torture herself. I have just finished my chemo and have had 2 delays of a week each time. I’ve really not fared well on the treatment and have suffered with many side effects resulting in a hospital stay with neutropenic sepsis, and multiple trips to a&e due to one thing or another. At times, I didn’t think my body would cope and I’ve really taken some knocks tbh. However, staying strong mentally has got me through 6 cycles and my MRI after cycle 5 shows a good response with a reduction in tumour size from 26mm to 8mm. There’s hope it may have reduced further after 6th chemo. Please tell her to hang in there, she’s doing amazing. I believe she is doing the right thing by keeping herself away from people as much as possible. It’s hard when you see others out and about doing things but it’s important to do what’s right for you. We all react to the chemo differently. I avoided public places but did try and get out for a walk on the days I could, even if it’s only for 5 mins. My germ free friends would also pick me up in their cars, and park somewhere nice so we could sit and have a cuppa in the car and feel like I was out but away from everyone else. I feel it’s important to get out of the confines of your own 4 walls when you can for your mental health. She can and will do this...and I know you have amazing support on these forums. Sending love 💕 xx

Oh and good morning everyone!

Happy choccy egg day!!! Smiley Very Happy  for those of us who can eat chocolate without it tasting bleuuurrrggghhh anyway :/

How are our poorly ones getting on today?  Hopefully a little/lot improved x

Because April babies are the best Smiley Happy

I can't help much with the career/education woes - although I would hope that there is some way for V to continue her studies should she wish to do so when this is all over (I'd be tempted to park that one for now and worry about it later).

But I can reassure on the 2 week delay bit....  when I had my initial meeting with the onco I asked why the cycles are 3 weeks long.  He told me that he thought that they should be 4/5 weeks, to really allow people to recover between cycles as then they wouldn't keep ending up delayed because of neutrophils not having bounced back in time.

But then he said that he understands why they went for 3 as that way 6 cycles only takes 4.5 months not 6 or more, and people wouldn't want their lives disrupted so long.

But the fact he says he thinks it would be better all round if we had longer cycles says to me that there is no damage to the efficacy of the treatment to have a week or two delay.  So please do try to reassure V on that front.

This whole thing will be in her rear view mirror before she knows it, and she will be on the road to recovery, feeling stronger every day, and you guys will be building a new, much improved, life in a new place.  Hold on to that x

Hi Sarah, V is mortified because she has lost two weeks in her treatment and is torturing herself saying that Chemo will not be as effective.

She doesn't want to go out because she is afraid to be contaminated with virus again and she is afraid of being left alone.

And then is the situation of her professional future. She lost the award when her cancer was known, she cannot proceed with a PhD without funds and she has no job to return to.

She strongly desires to move away and start working for something meaningful like a charity.

For now... Things are not OK.

And you both have birthdays on the same month! Smiley Happy))))

MBJ

Well Ladies I leave you alone for a day and look at you. Some are walking more in a day than I do in 6 months, well done. Others are having s tough time with side effects, so sorry you are feeling crap. Sleep seems to be eluding most of you too. 

Poor Trixie I hope you will be well enough to go home soon and that you are having good care.

Happy Birthday Sarah.

Yesterday I met my niece and her two boys in brother's church ( he is the vicar), for a children's service and hot cross buns. Then I met my friend for coffee in town. Then last night we went out for a meal with friends and it was delicious, I even managed a small glass of wine.

Tomorrow our son is coming and after .church we are going out for lunch. So as you can see I am really trying hard to enjoy my self. Monday who knows but I am sure I will think of something 🤔.

I hope you all get some sleep tonight it's hard because it's so warm. X

Thank you for my birthday wishes all x

Sandra, how are you and V getting on?

Marlyn, water was the one thing I didn't think I'd have a problem with since I drink it regularly throughout the day until dinner at 6pm. Then it's usually caffeine free coke during the evening (ok alcohol at the weekend). It tastes vile so I don't think I drink enough of the stuff now. I'll let you know if things change during my break from chemo. xx    

Trixielady, what happened????

Why, what was the caus

Where are you now????

I am so sorry, honey, I hate this @###%%%!

Hey implausible/Sarah soooooo another quality year, and many wonderful and coloured hairs in your future, all the very best for you, honey!

And yes, keep a rainbow ahead of you, make every colour of it yours, because you are all the true colours in Nature!

Many happy returns my darling!

Implausible, I ‘d be very content with 70.

Thanks for the encouraging story about the lady you met.

Trixielady hope you’re out of hospital.

Marlyn and Susie b hope you start to feel better soon.

I haven’t eaten my favourite chorizo tortilla crisps from M&S since my first dose of chemo. They tasted awful!!

Junk food is off the menu. Infact, I haven’t eaten as healthy in my whole life . I go by my taste buds and state of my gut.

Re. Chocolate I have just discovered Hotel Chocolat . I went in with my daughter and there was so much choice it was difficult deciding what to buy.  The caramel chocolate bunnies were scrumptious ( we sampled one first). The fruit smoothie chocolate was excellent. I have also made a mental note of the passion fruit/ mango combo and the lime/mint mojito. 

If I want a treat I now know where to go !!! 

I’ve done about 8k steps. Nothing as exciting as anyone else, I went to Morrisons at lunchtime (that I can see from my house) then decided I should go post something I sold on eBay so the buyer doesn’t get annoyed if it takes ages due to bank holiday and chemo so walked to the first post office to find it shut then walked to the next, all through a crummy housing estate so thought I’d walk back through the park which meant more crappy area to get there... eventually about 10 mins in the nice bit by the burn and then back home. And I had a Feast so that probably cancels it all out...

It’s so hot too. Just sat in the garden again eating crisps, again... might have a cider. Husband keeps offering me a mojito but I don’t fancy the mint. Looks like the hottest day will be Monday, great just what I need for chemo 🥵 they’d better not put me near the window again... roll on the cold cap!

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying the sunshine if you feel up to it x

Nettie, tell your husband he is my new favourite person! Smiley Very Happy  but maybe he does need a return trip to the opticians Smiley Happy

Edinbird, I LOVE those socks!!!

Rosina, I was hoping I'd beat you on steps today (I'm at 15k), but given that you had walked over 10 miles by lunchtime, maybe not Smiley Very Happy you are a machine!

Marlyn and Susie, sorry you are feeling rough Smiley Sad

And Trixielady hope you are home soon!

I have had a really nice birthday but I am soooooo tired now.  On my way home in the car now (don't worry I'm not behind the wheel and typing!).  The aircon has run out of gas and the car is like a mobile sauna!

Highlight of the day, finding (completely by accident) a graffiti wall seemingly dedicated to me Smiley Very Happy  

received_869915813347485-picsay.jpegComplete with fancy special FX Smiley Happy

20190420_134156-picsay.jpg

I also met a really nice lady today.  She was on the guided walk I did this morning.  She had a t shirt with a big sequinned pink breast cancer ribbon on it so I discretely asked her about it.  Turns out she had bc 20 years ago.  She is 70 now and looked super healthy.  I couldn't keep up with her on the walk Smiley Very Happy

She told me that her mum and aunt both also had bc in their late 40s, and both lived to their late 80s.  

So that's all very encouraging Smiley Happy

She insisted on giving me her email addy and said I need to surround myself with positive people and positive stories and survivors.  

She also had very strong views about Tamoxifen.  She refused to take it after the first couple of months.  Said it made her feel terrible, and she read up on the benefits and decided they were too small.  She reminded me that doctors get very well rewarded for encouraging us to take alllllllll the drugs and urged me to do my own thorough research and not be scared to say no.

I am a bit (scared to question the docs), but I guess it is all food for thought 

She was a real character.  I liked her a lot.

Sarah x