62218members
327539posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Good to hear from you deano, I too love Netflix and can easily waste an afternoon lost in some box set....

implasible...good luck Hun, hope you feel ok and are able to let us know how it went? 

Im on day 5 now and the palpitations seem worse on cy4 ( or have I forgotten how bad they can be) feeling feeble and envious of all the lovely walks going on, just a trip to the bathroom tires me out! 

Really have to go get a grip with this eating marlarkey, lost count of the pkts of crisps I had yesterday....feeling like jabber the hut....or the michelinman also seem to have that steroid moon face...

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.....love you all xxxx

Hi All, Implausible, just to wish you a calm uneventful day at chemo.

Loads of hugs, Sandra

Hi 

its Deano here and no your not paranoid I’m having T on Friday and having 8 steroids a day for 3 days and told you won’t sleep well for 3 days and to take nytol to help if this happens

sorry I’ve not been on I’ve been really god and busy with walking and riding my horse etc etc and watching game of thrones as usually tired in afternoon and have a Netflix box set addiction 

I have been reading posts though and I had nothing to add - I’ll let you know how I get in withT though been told it only takes an hour so hopefully that’s better than 2.5 - 3 hrs with Fec

Anyone have painful veins from cannula my are aching and hard 

take care everyone and good luck 3 down 3 to go and after Friday 6 wks left of Chemo - get in xx

Good luck with the chemotherapy today Implausible.

I don’t think steroids are necessarily to blame for mad thoughts.

As I was driving myself up this morning for my blood test I had to focus on my breathing as all manner of stupid stuff was running through my head from the car breaking down, to being late, delayed, no paperwork for my blood test ( don’t have any , will have to tell them) not wanting to even Barry bother with any of it .

I used my walking mantra: I am healthy and I am strong.

Waiting now for my turn.

Repeat : I am healthy and I am strong 😊 BREATH 

Morning everyone 

Just read all the posts from yesterday and seen all the georgeous photos and artwork (Implausible). I'm going to my hairdresser later this morning but she really won't have much to do other than trim my thinning fringe so that it's not covering my eyes and maybe tidy the back a little.

On the bc note I'm HER2- positive/negative inconclusive. Hopefully they'll establish which I am when they operate and test a sample. At the moment I'm in limbo as I don't know if it'll be more chemo plus rads or chemo, rads and herceptin. 

Be back later, must get up up or I'll be late🕥 for my appt.

Hope those of you having chemo today - sorry can't remember who- get on ok. Love you all❤❤❤❤   

Morning all.  Thanks for pics Ocean.  Love flowers. 

Edinbird how are you feeling?

Thinking of you today Sarah.  Dont think the steroids make me paranoid but then I havenet had them on their own without any other drugs.  Will see next week.  I am seeing my oncologist tomorrow for the first time since treatment started.  Will be interesting to see what he says.

Glad you are feeling better Nettie.

Hope everyone else is ok.  Speak later xx

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo

I am so pleased you are well enough to think about plants and organise the husband. If your photos are too big, mine always are you need to go into your photos click on the one you want to post then crop it a bit you find that in edit. Then come back on our site and you should be able to post the new smaller photo. X

Morning all

I think I have found a new side effect of steroids to add to the list - raging paranoia!

They have upped me from 2 tablets at a time to 4 in preparation for T, and I think the double dose has toppled me over ....

Woke up in the night at around 3am all hot and sweaty.... par for the course.... but my brain was in paranoid overdrive.  As I lay there trying to get back to sleep it assured me that none of my friends will ever be the same to me again, that they are only being nice to me at the moment for some kind of karmic reward (" be good to the person with the cancers and then you won't get it yourself"), and that people are talking about me behind my back and saying that I deserve it.

All bollocks of course, and I did manage to get back to sleep and have woken up back to sanity.  And thankfully less sweaty Smiley Happy

But rather unsettling!  Anyone else get turned into a paranoid android by the drugs?  It has to be the steroids as that was a very unusual thought pattern for me....

The gift that keeps on giving!!  

Ocean - such beautiful photos again, thank you!  Just what I needed to wake up to, truly.

Anyone else getting chemo'd today with me?  I need to get up, take more paranoia pills and pack my bag.  Was too tired to do it last night.  Have to remember to pack paracetamol to take half an hour before the cold cap goes on.  I forgot last time but luckily the lady in the next bed slipped me some Smiley Happy

PS Rosina....mmmm....pear and stilton!  One of the finest taste combos known to humankind!

Morning Ocean21,

love ‘lily if the valley ‘ and robins and roses.

I like to eat fresh figs straight off the tree and pear salad with walnuts and Stilton cheese 🤗

Hi lovelies, I’m awake early again but have had a bit more sleep so hopefully will be more in contact with the world today and less grumpy! 

Implausible, you have such talent, I am so envious as I can’t even colour in neatly....well so my 10 yr old grandson told me recently lol. 

Ocean, I have to mention the robin’s egg. I love robins so much, if I spot something like a mug with a robin on it, it has to come home with me. Please keep us updated with the nest goings on. 

Sonia, it looks like you have had an amazing time at the caravan, lovely piccies. 

Someone posted some beautiful sunset piccies too. Thank you. How glorious. 

Trixielady, the next one will come soon enough, the delay with my last one because I was still unwell was definitely the right thing for me and will be for you too, I’m sure. 

Edinbird, so happy to hear first T has been accomplished. Big hugs for you love. 

I know there is a lot more I need to say to others but my mind has gone blank for now....

I managed to get back to the garden centre for some container plants for the garden. Got 3 but need more. Any tips for plants for pots that love a lot of shade girls. I’m a bit clueless but found the “shade loving plant area” and chose 3 I liked the look off. Felt, I had a good work out today, helping my husband Nick, lug bags of compost, big pots and plants into the car, then sorting at home and still found energy to go for a walk with husband and doggies when it had cooled down. 

I’m feeling the comedown from steroids a bit now as feel a bit wobbly and headachy but I know from the last 2 cycles that I just need to “ride it through”. 

I’m ER positive and will  be on something long term after chemo but I’ve not been told what yet. 

I’ve tried to post a phot of my new plants but it’s saying “file too big”. No idea why it’s just a big standard photo on my phone like all the others I’ve posted.🤔. 

It looks like we should have at least one more day of good weather before the rain sets in. It’s been so lovely to get washing dried outside. It smells so amazing when I’m putting it way. The simple pleasures eh? 

Love you all. Xxxx

MBJ

Ocean21

Such beautiful flowers and plants and so expertly photographed. Just glorious. 

8256B4C0-57C4-4007-A0C8-B8DDCA7100DC.jpegHawthorn buds9CD4C6C4-157D-45F4-A004-A3BDDF0AEA83.jpegHawthorn flowers56BFF550-7843-465C-87AC-D536AF3E1E6F.jpegLove dragon flies first pic of the year.9F971B0B-EE83-4ACD-B64A-36E2F17C4ABE.jpegPears. Going to be a great crop this year, weather permitting.53311825-4220-4190-832F-67E5205517C6.jpeg0E90DC18-D454-41B3-9558-EA832915B1A8.jpeg4D1F2A5D-E507-4C38-9389-F66877889300.jpegD424FD36-21B5-4687-A910-1B0D14E57F45.jpeg727B1B66-A4A9-4F2A-A010-3C2AF9EBB2B8.jpeg

Evening all,

How lovely to see al your photos, they give a real window into your worlds. Wonderful. Love the fact that they show we’re looking out into the world. I think that this bc business can make us all have moments where we just turn inwards because there’s so much stuff we’re trying to unravel and process .Through this bc journey finding that delicate balance between necessary inward reflections and connections to our outside worlds can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. 

Edinbird , Taxol number one under your belt. Well done. 

Trixielady, the postponement is no doubt a disappointment but next week will be upon us soon enough so like all the other lovelies have said take the opportunity to rest up.

Loved the talk about body hair and farting. My armpit hair disappeared pretty quickly as did my pubes. My nose can be like a dripping tap so the hairs there have gone. Same with inside my ears. I get blocked ears and  when bending down I have to watch the angle of my head because coming back up I can have a real dizzy spell. Body generally very smooth.

No hair on head. Strangely, its felt like the few hairs I do have left have got a tiny bit longer. I’ve had some terrible sensitivity and numbness on the crown of my head so I’ve been massaging it  daily in an effort to desensitise it. Normally, it just feels really smooth over most of my head and just a little rough over the bits where there are some hairs. Noticed these last couple of days my scalp has felt a bit prickly. My first Taxol treatment is scheduled for 30th so whether this new prickliness continues into growth it disappears is anyone’s guess.

On the farting front thankfully I haven’t experienced too many rocket launchers. I think taking a course of microbiotic  tablets every three weeks or so helps get my gut microbes in balance. Had  quite bad constipation after last chemo. Took matters in hand, coffee enema and microbiotics and things are flowing nicely!

Sweating. Goodness me ,where does it come from. At some point during the day I have rivers running off my head and I feel like I’m burning up all over. I rarely had a hot flush during menopause , seem to be making up for it now.

Garden pics for you. More stuff out that shouldn’t be.Going to have to give some serious thought as to what I can put in for interest later in the year if things re so ahead of time.5F582B37-86E9-467F-B54B-C558D9554635.jpegFound this little nest in a bag of manure I was about to empty onto my newly dug soil. Tim looked in this morning and saw a robin in there.F8FE0DD6-FA27-48FA-AB44-769E2B187C25.jpeg109AF99B-5575-4395-BE20-9A5B0B752B83.jpeg8DF05230-5676-45F8-A7EF-20A08DCECB33.jpegEEF51F40-5510-46BB-AD81-7EA3310CB2E8.jpegFig tree near house has really started to get going now.

Right, rest well all of you.

Not a fraud at all Sandra!  From what I remember you said that Veronica wasn't able to easily use the forum herself (although we would love to hear from her!) so you are her voice here and also you can carry our support back to her.

And you need support too

You are both going through a LOT!

Just quickly:

ER oestrogen 

PR  progesterone 

both hormones that participate in the menstrual cycle.

Good night 🌙

@Trixielady wrote:

Morning ladies 

I'm home safe and sound and hopefully having chemo this afternoon, 

Sandraindurham & V so what happened did they reduce Veronica's chemo? How are you both feeling now??

Hi honey, Veronica could not do the 3rd, it had to be delayed for two weeks. She is afraid that chemo will not work, she is having a lot of nightmares about this, albeit her onco said that it is normal to have delays.

Her scar from the mastectomy isn't completely healed after more than 3 months, my poor baby. She has lots of night sweats and feels weak. She has lost all her hair in the 1st chemo, but she has been so courageous.

I am OK, I just started to feel a bit of a fraud coming here, you all are going through so much and I am just hurting by proxy.. and I am not in a good place, so I just come and read and then bugger off.

I hope you can do your chemo soon, but, please, take it easy.

XX

@Edinbird wrote:

I have survived! Well I’m on my way home anyway.

Took 4 goes to get the cannula in... new record 😂 then a good old faff with the cold cap given I’ve lost a lot of hair where they aim to preserve... bottom line I’m between sizes so I could end up proper Friar Tuck but I’ll live with my hats on.

No reaction to the drugs but got proper cold with the cap on which seemed weird when it’s so hot outside. Started feeling a bit iffy so had to have a sandwich for the journey as well as during the treatment but eating normally sorts me out.

So now to wait and see what happens... still not been given anything for diarrhoea and still can’t take ibuprofen so hoping any aches and pains are manageable.

Trixie how are you getting on? xx

Well done, young lady! now go on easy, ok?

Keep us posted.

Loads of xx

@Trixielady wrote:

unfortunately i was unable to have mine today hopefully next weeks can go ahead after seeing my oncologist this Friday bit taken aback don't know why cause i already knew i wasn't well enough to have it.

Oh honey I am so sorry!

Look, Veronica had to delay it almost two weeks, you are going to be fine, we cannot joke around chemo, for you to do it you have to be strong, ok?

A big xx

Thank you Daisy but I dont think I have artistic genes at all.  My drawings started off absolutely awful so instead I used to mainly collage or use rubber stamps.

They still aren't great - I see so many faults (don't look too closely at that blue car Smiley Very Happy ) - but the more I practice the better it gets.

There are some people with God given natural talent. The rest of us just need to put the hours in Smiley Happy

And even if the end result isn't brilliant I love the process regardless and can thoroughly recommend it

Sarah you are so very talented.  I used to love Art, think I might try and get back into it again.  Good luck for tomorrow x

Oh wow. Gorgeous!!!

57716564_10215748550521776_218908483007807488_n.jpgSunrise 22.4.1957839900_10215748550281770_3298727254913187840_n.jpgSunrise at Winterton52440859_837047243300732_6207552508202582016_n.jpgNight sky at Winterton

Some beautiful pictures taken by people in the village x

Hi all

Gosh I am miles behind with everyone. 

Before I do a big catch up, Edinbird a big well done on getting through #4 and I am glad you didn't have a nasty reaction to the T.  Very encouraging.  Sorry about the cannula troubles though Smiley Sad Do let me know how you get on tonight/ tomorrow as (hopefully) I'll be one day behind you

Trixielady sorry to hear they pushed you back.  To be honest I was surprised they wanted you to go in so soon after being in hospital ill!  Another week / few days to recover is probably just what you need BUT I know you must be gutted.  I would be too.

Ok now back to where I left off....

Rosina, that article about the breast surgeon was so sad.  All those years of training and she had to give up just as she got started Smiley Sad  Must admit I was very surprised by the first sentence about the fact she never checked her own boobies.  You'd think she would be checking them every day with her knowledge of how common bc is and how they can do so much more for you if it is caught early.  Just goes to show humans are utterly irrational!  I bet Vulcans are more careful.  Although I think by star trek time they had cured cancer completely anyway...

MBJ delighted to hear that you have some fresh hair growth on your bonce, even if you do need a magnifying glass Smiley Happy  that's so encouraging.  My onco has twice now pointed out that in rare cases hair loss is permanent.  I do wish he would stop saying that!!!  I love my funky fake fringe but I dont want to still be wearing it in 3 years time! Smiley Very Happy

Here is some encouragement, my pal, face blanked out for privacy, she finished chemo just over 4 years ago.  Went totally bald v quickly, didn't cold cap.  Her hair has grown back raally lovely.  I first met her about 18 months after chemo and it was already at her shoulders.FB_IMG_1555954790948-picsay.jpg

Seaside Sar.  You look the absolute picture of health and vitality on that bike!  They could use you in an advert: the little jingle would go "See!  Chemo ain't so bad!"   

Glad the UK/Hungary game was fun.  I'm not great with heat and sunshine, the rink sounds like a nice place to be at the momentSmiley Happy  did you learn any good Hungarian swear words? Smiley Happy  I used to work with a Hungarian lad, he was super nice, his middle initial was A and i asked him once what it stood for.  He refused to tell me.  Finally got it out of him under the influence of alcohol months later.  It was actually Atilla.  For real! 

Ocean good to hear from you and well done for getting on with the gardening.  I kind of did mine by proxy this weekend too, the 2 16 year olds asked me what I wanted for a birthday present so I handed them gardening gloves, trowels and weed killer and told them I expected the garden pristine by the time I got home from Birmingham.  They did a not too bad job.  I've told them how they can get even higher marks next time Smiley Wink

Susie I'm glad you are feeling a little more comfortable about the surgery.  I can't stress enough how much of a doddle my lumpectomy was (and my lump was 30mm).  Lovely deep refreshing sleep after the general anaesthetic.  Day and a half in hospital getting waited on hand and foot and then home with very little pain, all manageable with paracetamol and gentle exercises.  And if your surgeon is anything like mine they will do a little nip tuck and lift while they are at it and you get a lovely pert boobie Smiley Happy  people pay good money for that!

Lymph nodes I know less about.  They took 2 of my sentinel nodes out to biopsy.  I thought they were clear as they had already done a scan and assured me all looked cancer free.  But they did find a teeny tiny bit of the nasty stuff in one of the two.   As they can't see anything on scans for the rest they have told me I don't need a full node clearance as if there are any more little breakaway cancer cells the chemo and radio should send them packing.  I hope they are right! 

And I am glad to read that side effect wise you are feeling so much better

Rosina again.  Reading about the benefits of meditation for you, that's what painting does for me.  Totally empties my brain (in a good way) and calms me down.   I get really agitated if I can't do it for a few days.  Same with swimming and the gym - although I'm having to live without those for now.  I guess painting and exercise must be my yoga nidra!

Talking of painting I finally finished that page I have been working on off and on for everrrrr.  So glad it is done!!!  One page left of this 5 page story and I'm finished- thankfully as I want to do some different things for a bit, get the easel out and do some big canvasses I think.20190422_173032-picsay.jpg

Oh and love your photos.  I haven't seen any bluebells yet this year.  Must get on that.

Sonia - gorgeous seaside photos!!! Oh gosh I wish I lived closer to the sea! 

Oh and I am ER plus and HER minus.  Nobody has ever mentioned the third one to me....  PR?

I think that is me caught up.  I'm just out for a little walk as I didn't leave the house yesterday!!!  I worked on that comic page solid from 9am to 10pm do never got out of my jamas Smiley Happy   figured I had earned a lazy day after doing just under 30k steps over 2 days in Birmingham.

Just to prove all my local Swindon views aren't horrid, I am currently sat by the local duck pond and it is quite pretty.  Lots of noisy teens here though (out of shot) so not as peaceful as usual Smiley Happy20190422_192952-picsay.jpg

Only other amusing thing to note is call from my sister:

Sis: " I haven't got you a birthday present"

Me: (thinking , she hasn't for years so what's new!!!) "That's ok"

Sis: "do you wear perfume"

Me: "hardly ever"

Sis: "I'll get you some perfume"

Me: "well the chemo has messed my sense of smell up a bit"

Sis: " I've just Amazon Primed you some perfume"

Looks like I'm getting perfume!  Whether I want it or not! Smiley Happy 

Love to all of you whether I've mentioned you or not.  All of you are in my thoughts all the time.  We are family.

Sarah x

Glad you've ticked another one off, Edinbird. Take it easy now.

Trixielady, I'm HER2+ ER+ PR+ and I'm due my first herceptin on Wednesday. Cycles 4, 5 & 6 will be given in the unit and after that I'll be given injections at home.

MBJ

Hi Trixielady

Sorry your chemo did not go ahead. Mind you I was surprised to read it was happening so soon after your discharge. Did they give you any idea why you were feeling so unwell, do they need to do anything to address it? Take the week to get yourself stronger for your next round. X

Well done Edinbird,

hope you get a good nights sleep 😴 keep us posted.

Trixielady, don’t be hard on yourself.

Glad you liked my photos.

There are lots of bluebells out there. I went out again this evening. They are everywhere around here.

No sign of the deer though, I spot birds or dog breeds instead 🤪 I also have songs mentally playing in my head . Here is one of them 

My April ( Aprili mou)

Hugs

Rosina

14A95580-D808-4A8E-AC11-D001AFB5A0B0.jpegI just had to watch this time

C324AD08-8602-40E7-81B9-A79624D41599.jpeg

4A2F231F-0000-45C5-ADFA-F2925BA9B1B4.jpeg

AD4EBE44-E5D3-4EB5-BA05-2BB64611DD23.jpeg

39C0F102-0846-45B6-A44F-43FDFF2874A3.jpeg

Just a few pictures from the weekend, 

Trixelady, sorry you couldn't go ahead today but the extra days will pay dividends xx I'm her2 pos and will start herceptin 3 weeks after final chemo, nurse told me I would have to stay in for 6 hours in case of a reaction....did you? How was it? Xxx

Triple Negative. Odd one out. Or special 🤷🏻‍♀️ We are all special 💜

Hi Daisydi,

I am PR +, ER + and HER2 -

Rosina

Highlighted

Yay Sonia I have company.  Think Implausible Sarah maybe too x

Daisydi. I’m the same as you x 

Trixie I think there are a few HER+ on this thread cos I was thinking of asking if anyone else was Oestrogen+ as there seems to be a lot of talk about Herceptin and I think that is only given to HER+.  I am ER+ HER- I think!

Oh Rosina, bluebell Woods are absolutely amazing your photo brought back some wonderful childhood memories when we lived in Ashford Kent, there was a wonderful wood and the bluebells always made me so happy and seeing your photos actually made me forget how unhappy i was today after yet another chemo cancelled xx so thank you once again xx

Hi Ladies, hoping you've all had a lovely day? Edinbird so pleased you started T today don't forget to drink plenty and rest up , unfortunately i was unable to have mine today hopefully next weeks can go ahead after seeing my oncologist this Friday bit taken aback don't know why cause i already knew i wasn't well enough to have it.

Is anyone else HER2 positive ? I watched a film about Herceptin the injections for HER2 and the trouble getting it to market so pleased they did, its ok but not as informative as i thought it might have been still had me crying mainly because i was feeling happy for myself in a sorry kinda way as I'd started herceptin last Monday xx

MBJ

Hi Edinbird

So glad that the first T is over for you, hope you will feel ok in the next few days. Relax and rest now. X

Glad you're done Edinbird.  Lets see what the next few days bring.  I have worn 2 different size cold caps.  The first I had a small, then I had a medium and then I had a small again and Ive got a big head I think!  Just been to the beach with my new sun hat on.  Does the trick.  My sister was in shorts and t-shirt and I am in jeans, long sleeved top with a fleece waistcoat and sunhat and I am usually the hot one.  I am always cold nowadays!

Edinbird, well done☺. Glad you didn't get a reaction to the T but sorry the cannula was problematic☹. It's when I hear of those sorts of problems I'm grateful for Klingon (PICC line). Get some rest now and take it easy🛌🏾🛋. xxxxxxxx

Oh edinbird, iv literally been waiting for your post...phew! It's done....your going home.....relax and do what you gotta do.......so glad and relieved that T is out out of the ...( until the next one)

xxxxxxx

I have survived! Well I’m on my way home anyway.

Took 4 goes to get the cannula in... new record 😂 then a good old faff with the cold cap given I’ve lost a lot of hair where they aim to preserve... bottom line I’m between sizes so I could end up proper Friar Tuck but I’ll live with my hats on.

No reaction to the drugs but got proper cold with the cap on which seemed weird when it’s so hot outside. Started feeling a bit iffy so had to have a sandwich for the journey as well as during the treatment but eating normally sorts me out.

So now to wait and see what happens... still not been given anything for diarrhoea and still can’t take ibuprofen so hoping any aches and pains are manageable.

Trixie how are you getting on? xx

D15DEB23-71D6-4DA2-9D8A-B189575121DB.jpegI love bluebell woods

1EEE0720-84FD-4444-966B-E5B34C90DE28.jpegTree scape

“The "do they still do chemo over Easter" question isn't as daft as it sounds.  My chemo unit completely shut from Friday to today inclusive. “

B6731BB9-06D9-4322-9E54-28B4AA26F900.jpegAzalea

131C879C-A543-4705-9B09-B00DD39DF3C4.jpegBluebells

Same on this end.

Going in for bloods tomorrow morning.

In the meantime I enjoyed a stroll around Wakehurst Place with my daughter. Photos attached 😊

Morning everyone

After writing a couple of posts to individuals this morning I thought I'd better send a general greeting to all you lovely ladies.

Trixielady glad you're home☺. Chemo this afternoon?  Wow! Go girl.🏅.

Loving all the photos. Edinbird the car parking? was epic. My other half did suggest that only a woman would have left a car like that. Bit sexist I know☹. I begged to differ. He did ask if your car had been damaged at all thus demonstrating his more caring side☺. 

Good luck to all of you having chemo this. I know for some of you huge changes are afoot but I know you'll all cope. I think we're all stronger than we think💪. 

As for me,  I'm feeling much better now. Think a combination of doing too much 1st week after chemo, lack of sleep and cumulative effect of chemo sessions finally took their toll last week. On the taste buds front water finally tastes normal which is just aswell during this warm weather🌡☀️. Bowels back to normal☺. Indigestion/heartburn gone, but some burping stubbornly remains😲. Bought yet more bandanas and a couple more PICC line covers on- line yesterday, oops. If I can get them to match what I'm wearing then I think I'll be brave enough to wear them out. Intend to do a trial run this afternoon when we go to a garden centre. The PICC line with a short sleeved top is a bit of a problem - look at me I'm having treatment  it's shouting📣. I'm just going to have to put those big pants on.

Have a lovely everyone. Today's chemo girls keep us posted ❤❤❤❤❤

Hi all, 

i have spend most of my weekend up the caravan so not a lot of signal, so will update later when I’m home. 

Just wanted to say good luck Edinbird and Trixielady today 🍀

our chemo unit shuts for Easter, so bloods will be tomorrow and chemo fingers crossed Wednesday, they did say last week they would have to squeeze me because of the bank holiday, but have managed it. Luckily in our unit we can take a few people in,my sister has come to each session and one of my group of friends, they have all taken a session each, we were called the party corner lady session.

catch up later ladies enjoy the last of the bank holiday 🐇🐥🌞

Morning Trixielady,

glad to hear you are back home.

Good Luck with Chemotherapy this afternoon 🍀🍀🍀

Re. Meditation I started using the Calm app to manage stress levels ( about 7 months before my diagnosis) and I liked it. About 5 months before that I was having a full body massage ( to relax) and was finding that I couldn’t ‘switch off mentally ‘ during the massage. My brain was whirring away which was exhausting. Then I had my mum during the summer break,  pointing out to me that I was always thinking ahead. I told her that this was teaching for you, you are always planning and have to be one step ahead ( with plan A, B and C ready too in case what you had planned wasn’t working  on that occasion ) thinking, tweeking, adjusting, personalising the learning to  meet individual needs. I was permanently in overdrive.

It’s actually scary thinking about it now. The art therapy has helped me acknowledge this too.

Sometimes I just listen to the Calm app whilst lying in bed. 

It is all about focusing on your breathing. I do this during my walking too.

I also now use what I have learned during chemotherapy and also prior to surgery or when stuck in a traffic jam. Anywhere when I feel tense, anxious or annoyed.

Lots of love,

Rosina

Good morning Edinbird,

good luck with the T dose today 🍀

Rosina

Glad you're home Trixielady.  I think we are all feeling nervous  of the unknown.  Sarah good luck with the steroids, Seaside you're this week too?  I think we will all have to put those big knickers on again!

Morning all, just popping in to wish you loads of love and luck Edinbird.  I know exactly how you feel as I feel the same except mine is next week.   You can do this xxxxx

While I was busy editing and uploading photos, about 5 of you have posted messages 😂🤣

Morning to you all!

And yay Trixielady, you're home. That's great news 😊

My unit also took a break for Easter so my blood test is tomorrow. Treatments scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday which is all out of sync compared to my previous cycles...if they even go ahead, which I doubt.

Hi MJB

I know, hair regrowth after just a few weeks is wishful thinking. To be honest, do I really want the badger look which is what I'll be heading for as my hair, what's left of it, has still retained its colour since being coloured at the beginning of Feb.

As for surgery I can't believe how calm I am at the moment. It's either because I'm focussing on events between now and 14th May or I'm in denial of what's to come. As for the surgery itself it'll be a lumpectomy, which shouldn't be too bad as Gremlim was only 21mm ×18mm to start with and after 2 cycles of chemo it  had shrunk to around 10mm☺. I can feel that after my 4th chemo session it has shrunk yet again. Luckily it's got a marker in it so that the surgeon can locate it. As for my lymph nodes I haven't a clue. The original biopsy showed up some cancer cell involvement in one node. I'm due a scan next Monday so things should soon become a little clearer. 

Enjoy your day and the beautiful sunshine☀️☀️☺xx

Morning everybody,

Good luck for today Edinbird. Sending you super strength. Hope all goes well. Xx

Thank you for the compliment Nettie. You are doing really well too. Don't forget, you've had a very tough time with hospital stays so a short walk is a big achievement. Xx

Nice to hear from you Ocean. Rotavators are great, aren't they? Save a lot of energy. Xx

Sarah, I hope the steroids help you to power through your next treatment. Xx

I had fun at the ice hockey yesterday. GB won 3-1 against Hungary. Their fans were great, jumping up and down and chanting throughout the game. No idea what they were saying. Hope it was nothing rude 😂🤣

Had a long walk around one of our local lakes yesterday morning. It was so lovely to walk in the sunshine. Picture below.

IMG-20190421-WA0017.jpgFrom beautiful sunshine...

20190421_155129_20190422090549159.jpgTo freezing cold ice rink!

Have a good day everyone. Xx