62355members
328198posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Daisydi are you a birthday girl today? If so a very Happy birthday darling. Champagne sounds a wonderful idea. Xxx

Trojan War Podcast by Jeff Wright

For Veronica,

Jeff is a Canadian English High School Teacher and story teller.

His Odyssey is also just out and I started listening today.

His Trojan War is excellent as he weaves in all the backstories .

I listened to it last year. 

I think Veronica will enjoy listening to him. He has done his research but he also has a very engaging manner . 

Hugs,

Rosina

Ps I also follow Emily Wilson on Twitter- first female translation of the Odyssey- got her version but it will be a summer read I think.

Also Margaret Atwood ‘s ‘Pelenopiad’ - a good read.

Has Veronica read 

Madeline Millers ‘Circe’ and her award winning ‘Song of Achilles ‘ ?

Get Veronica on the forum ASAP . I love all this stuff too 🤗

Hugs,

Rosina

Is it your birthday today Daisy????

Evening all.  Had quite a busy day today. Had to go over to oncology unit and get my tons of steroids to take on Monday.  The nurse said to expect the same side effects as FEC so Im not looking forward to it.  She said the T is really tough and my legs will prob turn into treacle.  She has given someone a good telling off for not giving me new regime.  Couldnt get blood done as it is too early.  Went out today for a little birthday lunch and saw my mum who managed to speak some words to me so that was nice.  Now going to have some birthday champagne.  Love to all xxx

Evening all xx

Well I am definitely faring worse on T. Husband is making dinner which I’m cautiously optimistic about... minted lamb chops with mash and broccoli. Hope the mint isn’t too sweet but I bought these pre tastebud meltdown. I’ve strict instructions no cheese in my mash! I still have cheese fear! 😬

My leg ache has moved from thighs to my lower legs and knees so I ended up moving from the sofa to bed where I can put the electric blanket on. Nearly dropped off but I’m just sat watching my quiz shows quite happy. I do like my afternoons of quizzes!

Maybe I should take some paracetamol. I just don’t want to drug up if not needed and I want to save painkillers for any nights that get bad. Debating a bath but I normally get totally sweaty if I have it too warm.

Guess I’ll just lay here until dinner...

Afternoon all

Sorry Sandra, I had got everyone's regimes mixed up, it is hard to remember who is having what.  For some reason I thought V was 3xFEC and 3xT.    The plus side of all FEC is that she will kind of know what to expect each time without moving onto something new.  Half way through now.  Horrid as it all is at least it is half in the past x

As for you beach ladies, I had to Google Parga.  I've never been to Greece, never really done a beach holiday apart from when I was a kid with my mum and dad.  It does look super pretty though.  Lovely to have something positive to look forward to after all this. 

MBJ that is reassuring info about the travel insurance. Thank you. I also have a free policy through my bank.  I expect it will be a similar thing then next time I want to book something, I would call them first and pay an extra premium... I guess that is fair as long as it isn't crazy expensive.

Nettie, I am cautiously super happy for you that things are going better so far this cycle!  Avoid lurgies!!

Susie, I shall be watching faithfully for your hair updatesSmiley Happy  it really was frustrating me that there are a ton of blogs from younger ladies chronicalling their regrowth every month for years but none that I can find for older heads Smiley Happy  I do like seeing the pictures.....

Here is one set I found online.  Love that by the end of the 10 months she is rocking a little pigtail Smiley Happy

84623fd8582b566eba1f06eb41394a7e--cancer-ovarian-colon-cancer.jpg

As for me.... side effect wise I still prefer T to FEC so far.  Feeling a bit woozy and tired but touch wood no sore joints etc yet.  I was expecting more of a "withdrawal" after coming off the big steroid dose but so far so good.  Food and drink still tastes a little off but as I am trying to watch what I am eating, that's maybe for the best Smiley Happy

Plumber came round and fixed the shower.  Teens have tested it since and are happy.  Good because now hopefully they won't keep using my en suite and leaving it in a boy mess Smiley Happy

And my other main achievement today involved hours of back and forth with payroll at my work.  They had totally miscalculated my new pay levels after dropping down to 3 days a week and have underpaid me this month by around £500.  I spotted 3 different errors in the pay slip but they weren't having it.  Eventually got it checked by the head of payroll who confirmed I was right.  Nice feeling.  And a relief as I have budgeted close to the higher level, I couldn't lose £500 more a month!  Would have had to go back up to a 4 day week which would make me sad as I am really looking forward to my 3 day on 4 day off permanent schedule.   Workaholic me is no more!! Smiley Happy

Am now out for my (late) daily walk but I dont think 10k steps is on the cards.  Not quite up to that this afternoon.  6 or 7k will do me today.

Take care all x

Sarah x

MBJ

Hi Susie B

We always went when the children were young we used to take our caravan. But then it got so expensive. We hope to get good tickets for the whole weekend and access to the podium arena. 

My son will have Grand Prix envy, MJB, if I tell him you're hoping to go to the one in Abu Dhabi. He's been into the Grand Prix season since I can't remember when. That's boys for you.  

Hi Implausible 

I'm 62 and have acquired several  rather large bald patches so I'll try and remember to let you know if I have any renewed hair growth between now and when next chemo starts. It's two weeks ago today that I had my last chemo and hair is still falling out but at a much reduced rate. xxx

@Rosina wrote:

Also does Veronica know the meaning of her lovely name ?

In Ancient Greek it means ‘ to bring Victory ‘.

That is such a strong and powerful meaning.

name/berenice/ Veronica

Rosina, she certainly brought victory into my life, she is a blessing since I discovered that I was expecting and she filled my life with love, light, joy, up to the point that I have always felt that all the time I will ever have will not be enough.

Hi Nettienoo 

Just scrolling through the posts to get to the last one I read and there in front of my eyes is the view I know extremely well😊. We've stayed at the Valtos Beach at least 6 or seven times over the past 9 or 10 years, although maybe this year may have been our 7th until we had to cancel😭. We love the idea of getting the water taxi to Sarikenico (phonenic spelling), or going on one of the boats that go across to Paxos and Anti Paxos, or walking through the town to the little beach. Oh and I can't forget Valtos beach right on the door step🏖. Oh and the food and cocktails. The hotel gets booked up very quickly so there was no time to think about, a case of  'Just do it!' My husband knew I'd be booking it so he was ok about it . Thank you for posting the photo😊. Happy memories xxx

Hi Rosina, V has been quite a champion, since her diagnosis that she has cried only once. She went through the mastectomy, more than three months of a wound that did not stop leaking, she lost all her hair with her first chemo. And still she is comforting Granny, she is a very sweet person and show no signs of depression or grieve.

And, on top of everything, I lost my job, she lost her scholarship, we have no money, no savings and we are risking becoming homeless.

How many people would not ask this?

Rosina, V went through so much in her life that she is one of the strongest people I have ever met, but even Jesus had his moment, and that happened under the beating of that chemo-devil yesterday.

Oh, by the way, I told her about your Berenice/Veronica and she started immediately speaking about this.... she has a BA in Classics and she is crazy about the stuff Woman LOL

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo

Shhhh I am whispering to you keep well and stay home. Don't mix with any randoms (anyone you think looks as if they have germs 👾 probably everyone). 

MBJ

Hi Implausible

I rang Nationwide Building Society yesterday as we get world wide insurance with our flex plus account. She asked me some questions about diagnosis, whether I was still having hospital treatment- which I am not. She said she was sorry  for having to ask if I had received a terminal diagnosis. Well I suppose they have to ask. I had to pay £236 for the cover for a year. I think this also covers my husband's increased age of 70😃 and his high blood pressure. SheSsaid h could choose not paid it and not to cover the BC but thought I would feel safer to pay the money. We are hoping to go to visit our daughter and family in Abu Dhabi in November and go to the Grand Prix while we are there. I have now booked a cruise for June and have found another nice one for September ( but will keep that one up my sleeve for a bit or hubby's BP might go up). 

@Implausible wrote:

Only good thing is presumably that was V's last FEC?  If she is moving on to T next, that's only one drip bag of drugs with some saline either side and you're done,   much less faffing than with all the different FEC syringes and drips.

Hi Implausible, no, she has another 3 to go, no T, just FEC, followed by radiotherapy and an inhibitor like Letrozole (her ### was lobular). She is also enduring the Zolodex injections once a month.

She was advised to remove her ovaries entirely in a nearby future.

Hi beautiful girls, I’m reading all your posts but keeping very quiet here as don’t want to tempt fate and say anything yet but things are looking more hopeful this cycle! 

Susie, I adore Parga. Have you been before? We stayed at Valtos Beach and this was the view from our room. Xx

2517502B-8DDD-4E0D-A7D3-1612A3F2074B.jpegView from balcony

Thanks....

I really would like to find some examples of older ladies (50s/60s) to see if we can expect the same kind of rates.....  

Although to be honest I really should just stop obsessing about hair altogether Smiley Happy

Implausible, Michelle is in her early 40’s. 

So this article would seem to imply that some travel insurance companies take the mickey more than others:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/insurance/travel/recovered-cancer-years-ago-travel-...

Some seem to hold a cancer diagnosis over you for ages, some are ok as long as it was more than 2 years ago and you aren't still on a ton of meds....

I guess it will be a case of shopping around....

Deleted duplicate post....

Oh good on you for booking a holiday.  It is always so good to have something to look forward to!

I don't have the guts to book anything too far ahead just yet that includes flights, as I think if I had to cancel due to anything remotely BC related they will pull the old "pre existing condition" excuse.  So I think I will stick with last minute bookings for the next while.

Am considering a city break to Krakow or Prague in October....maybe....

It does make me wonder, how long does that "pre existing condition" thing last?  Say it is 10 years time and we are all better and the dreaded gremlins have stayed away, does it still hang over us?  Or is there a time limit on the insurance books?  I'll have to look into that....

Morning everyone 

Quick confession. Not sure if I've done the right thing but after writing my last post I checked the TUI website and discovered they're now taking bookings for next year. Soooooo I've  booked to go to Parga at the beginning of July. I don't intend taking Gremlim or any of his family with me this time. I think he may have been with me when we went to Dubrovnik in September not sure about Parga as that was in July. There we go positive thinking😊

Have a good day everyone. I'm off soon for bloods for the trial and  PICC care. Followed by a bit of retail therapy👖👕👠 unless it rains🌦🌧☔, then I'll come sraight home. xxx   

Highlighted

A proper good morning to everyone.  

Wow Sonia I think we all need to move to Australia.  That's an amazing lot of hair for just a couple of months.  Must be something in the air out there Smiley Happy  it is so encouraging.

I did look up some examples of hair regrowth blogs and YouTubes the other day to see roughly how much to expect month 1, month 2 etc. etc.  But they are all mainly by much younger women and I expect it goes a little slower as you get older.  How old is your pal?

Rosina right there with the very apt words of wisdom again.  That "why me?" is a destructive question I agree.  I've found myself falling into that hole once or twice since this journey began, but I don't allow myself to dwell on it.  It is pointless.  As you say you have to look at "how can I grow from this experience?" instead.  Or if that's too difficult in the moment, it is "what do I need to get through today?".  I already know that this whole thing is going to change my life for the better in some ways.  I have enjoyed spending more quality time with my youngest son while I have been at home more (I was a bit of a workaholic before so he barely saw me in the week, and I was usually away at the weekends), so I am going to keep my 3 days a week as permanent hours at work, not just during recovery.  Work life balance.  It means I will have less money but I wasted a lot of it anyway.

Maybe I needed something like this to wake me up a bit.

Glad you got some sleep too despite the steroid hit and hope T is still treating you well.

Talking of which, Edinbird, hooray for the return of the tastebuds!!!  Mine seem ok today too.  Still not 100 percent but getting there.

In fact in general I feel remarkably ok for Friday of week 1.  Usually by now I am rocking to and fro in the corner like a recovering junkie!!  Long may it continue!  

Annoyingly I can't go to that life drawing class at lunchtime though despite feeling well as it turns out that the plumber has installed our new shower wrong (it seems to be able to deliver scalding hot or freezing cold water, but nothing in between!  Something up with the mixer....)  and lunchtime today is the only time he can come to check it out.  Never mind.  Maybe next time.

As for support groups and stuff.  I've always got on well with forums and things like this but I also am nervous of real life groups with real life people in them Smiley Happy  I very nearly bottled out of going to that look good feel better thing, I only went in the end because I really wanted the freebies!!! Smiley Happy  but it was actually fine.  Same with when I used to go to slimming world.  I think the thought of having to interact with other humans is scarier than the actuality.....

I'm sure I've missed someone as I haven't jotted notes down like usual.... I'll be back later if so

Have a good day all

Sarah x  

87183A11-B2EE-44CD-AB32-CDE745F5F8DD.jpeg

E4DAA63F-0306-4E99-A095-4B8E58BA225D.jpeg

Michelle thought a time frame would help too 💕

MBJ

Good morning lovely ladies

Rosina thank you so much for the quote today it's what I really need to live by. I also love your questions and I am going to answer them later today. Have you thought about a career in counselling or becoming a life coach I think you would be wonderful. 

Susie B I can understand your reluctance to join a group. As a lecturer I was always aware that some students were more comfortable in group settings for example doing group work, or participating in group discussions. Indeed groups are not for everyone, but I feel you have been able to be an active member of this online group so maybe you could do the Moving Forward course. You could always try it and if it's not working for you just don't go again. 

I

Edinbird sorry your sleep pattern is still rubbish but at least you are eating and healthy eating too. 

Sonia 28 well I can't believe I might have that much hair in a few months, there is hope. I did have very thick hair so I hope it's determined to come back strong even if it is white!.

Everyone else who has not woken up yet 😃 I hope you are feeling ok. If you need a lift of spirits this morning read Rosina's posts.

45A84EEC-873E-4F5F-880E-F008F318125E.jpegThought I’d show you a photo of my friend in Australia who finished her chemo at the end of December. She lost all her hair.

Morning Rosina

The quote from your book and advice on what to ask is deffinitely appropriate in our situation. Strangely, for me I never asked 'Why me?' when I received news of my diagnosis, which would have been my normal reaction. My Mother-in-law's reactions to bad things happening sprung straight to my mind. Typically she would say something like "There we are. It's happened. Let's get on with it." So if it was a car accident, get on and sort the insurance, if was diagnosis of an illness then give me what I need to fix it, if I need an operation then do it. Sadly she passed away just over 6 years ago and she was the one person I wanted to talk to when I got my diagnosis. Although the B in my user name happens to be the first letter if my surname it also refers to her. She was known to everyone as Bea so that's my little tribute to her. xxx

Also does Veronica know the meaning of her lovely name ?

In Ancient Greek it means ‘ to bring Victory ‘.

That is such a strong and powerful meaning.

name/berenice/ Veronica

Hi MJB

Thank you for the information regarding the Moving On course, I will certainly think about giving it a go. Until this bc hit I was never interested in meeting people in similar situations as me. When I was made redundant from the Civil Service I'd put on loads if weight, we hadn't been treated too well so there was always cakes, sausage rolls and other fattening goodies🍞🧀🥞🍩🥙 in the office to keep up morale. I decided to join Weight Watchers, but joined on-line and didn't participate in any of the forum chat.. xx 

You always have the answers or at least a way to understanding Rosina 🌈

After a very disturbed night I thought I’d better get up and try and drink some yucky water... and the water almost tasted normal...! So I excitedly tried my orange juice and that was nearly normal too! 😁

Tea still not quite there. Had scrambled eggs on a bagel knowing I could do eggs yesterday and that was fine, a touch of ketchup even worked!

Dont want to get too carried away but after feeling so down about food and drink yesterday I’m hoping it’s just been a blip. My neck is less sore but my legs still ache. I just feel like I need to keep moving about or get a massage or something not sitting still. Just concerned about any dizziness so slowly and steady again this morning I think. But feeling much more perked up now.

Hope everyone is feeling good too and remember this will pass. Maybe not everything as quickly as my tastebuds but we will get there girls 💪🏻

Hi daisydi

Thanks for the info regarding the brow stuff. I'm actually looking for stuff I can use after all this treatment is over as my brows have thinned over the years and grey hairs have crept in☹. Going on the LGFB session has inspired me to get my act together and experiment more with make up. Until a couple of years ago I wore glasses so eye make up was lost behind the glasses.I  had cateract surgery a couple of years ago so no longer need glasses.

3CAF3133-7F91-41F1-B87B-7CCD20E1376E.pngToday’s message

Morning all, I finally got to sleep last night ( these steroids are quite something at an 8 mg dose) anyway I fell asleep thinking of Veronica as there is a section in my book ‘Healing walks for hard times ‘ that is so pertinent for all of us but will definitely offer Veronica an answer to her ‘ why me’ questions. 

This is written in Chapter 6 of the book which is called ‘A healthy attitude ‘ and is on page 121:

’We need to be aware that when one is traumatised, there is a pull into oneself, into the black hole.’ Says psychologist Baker. Even though it doesn’t feel good, the pull is there. The moment you put focus on someone or something else, it lifts you out of that. I don’t think that people ever completely get past a trauma. The issue is that happy people pay the tuition. They ask ‘what can I learn from my trauma?

Never ask ‘why me?’ Baker stresses. There is no constructive answer to that question. In fact, the very question helps keep you stuck in the trauma, rather than moving through it.

8730A678-12F9-4443-903C-CBD991B78E10.jpegLittle miracles of life

Instead ask :

1) what do I need right now?

2) what are my resources?

3) what can I do to become more resilient?

4) what can I learn from this?

Then find a way to shift your focus, even briefly, away from questions and fears ‘. Take a walk and focus intently  on the miracles of life outside you ...’

Love to all,

Rosina

Oh and Rosina there is no such thing as over sharing in here!  That's what this place is for.  

Please don't hold back.

Glad you got your 10k after your post chemo nap.  Remember to watch out for dogs with full bladders! Smiley Happy  I did 9.7k steps yesterday and kept thinking I ought to wander round the house a bit to tip it over the 10 but I didn't quite make it.  Close enough. 

Well at least they considered the alternatives.  Really sorry she has to put up with IV when it is so painful for her Smiley Sad

Only good thing is presumably that was V's last FEC?  If she is moving on to T next, that's only one drip bag of drugs with some saline either side and you're done,   much less faffing than with all the different FEC syringes and drips.

Implausible, they say the IV  is the best, a port needs anaesthesia that v cannot have and the picc is dangerous under her circumstances.

The hair makes us laugh a bit, I really have to try to capture it in all its glory and post it here! 

Hello, last post for today ( do let me know if I am oversharing).

Daisydi I too am very glad that the steroid situation got sorted for you. This forum is really amazing.

Got my 10,000 steps in the bunnies and deer were out too.

Still keeping my head to the sky:9C29C881-1DA2-4080-97B7-E2DC3F368FF4.jpegLooking up

And this was the card pulled out this morning:

535A90F1-D534-4ABB-9EEE-063223310AB8.jpegMessage: Trust in the unknown.

I get tearful too, but then it passes.

I did also listen to ‘The Sermon on the Mount’ this morning. Healing words.

Sending healing to all.

Trust but ask questions too.

Goodnight🌲

Good to hear from you Sandra but I am sorry that V is still having such a terrible time of things Smiley Sad  were you able to enquire about a port or PICC line to save her poor veins?  

I feel so sorry for her Smiley Sad

I had forgotten you had had your hair shaved in sympathy.  I am sure you will soon look less cockatoo-ish Smiley Happy

Hi girls, just had a break to tell you all about Veronica's 3rd cycle today. She had an IV cannula, her usual and very painful Zoladex, FEC going in, when the C started she felt a strong pressure in her sinus and forehead.

She has her left arm a bit impaired due to the mastectomy and has to avoid pressure because it can lead to a lymphodema, they had to use it to draw blood and she has acgigantic bruise, her right arm is all bruised due to the IV, her right hand had collapsed veins so really painful, cannot sleep on her back because she cannot breathe and she started with sleep apnea because of the C.

Now, she is feeling so bad that she is terrified of being left alone, most of the times I cannot understand what she is saying, because she is mumbling a lot, I made her carrot soup and peanut butter cookies, trying to get her to eat something.

She falls a sleep for like 10 minutes and then everything starts again, twisting and turning, asking me what did she do wrong to have this, mumbling again... and it goes on.

This, since 2pm, after returning from the hospital.

I am so sad to see her like this, all the pain from the treatment, and then feeling like this.

Since February that she can hardly walk, she cannot do anything, sometimes it is hard just to get a glass of water.

She is afraid of being left alone, she says she cannot stand it, she needs loads of hugs and pampering. 

I am so defeated today!

Now for the ladies speaking about hair. Mine, of course, is growing after I shaved it all, but is growing upwards, making me look like a crazy cockatiel.

And it doesn't go down!

OK, for a few laughts, V trying to eat a cookie, but she had to lie down, and her crazy dog made a beeline for the cookie, with me following her desperate to grab the dog or the cookie!

I’ve not heard that one Marlyn. I’ve had 3 lots of Herceptin with my T. Will ask the nurse next week xx

/February-2019-chemo-starters

Hi

i started chemo in February. Just had 4th dose of 8. Haven’t been out much in public as paranoid about picking up germs but got tickets to London show next week (matinee). Don’t know whether I should go?

Dikat, after chemo I will be on herceptin for at least 9 months and the nurse told me it will slow growth down...so that's been playing on my mind....xxx

Thanks a Implausible,

I am off to walk too now. So good to not feel queasy!

Hi everyone.  It has been raining here most of the day but now it has stopped and the sun is out so I am making the most of it and have popped out for a little walk.

The photophobia I experienced in cycle 1 seems to have come back a little bit, so shades on!

20190425_171714-picsay.jpg

Doing my best Beastie Boys impression Smiley Happy

Daisydi I'm glad you got the steroids stuff sorted out.  We have to keep them on their toes! 

Sounds like you have had a busy day!  I bought some different (but if I remember expensive!) brow enhancer stuff before starting chemo, but so far haven't needed to try it as my brows are still pretty present.  I just use my normal brow pencil for now.

Seaside, glad to hear your first T sesh went well.  It isn't supposed to be as aggressive on the hairloss front as FEC so hopefully the short cold cap duration won't have undone all your good work to date?

As for people not recognising you, when I went out for that night in Bristol a few weeks ago and wore my wig, at least 4 or 5 really close friends walked literally right past me to Jay, asked him how I was, and then nearly fainted when he was all "why don't you ask her? She's right there!"   I think it was a combination of new hairstyle (which shouldn't have thrown them that much as I change my hair constantly anyway Smiley Happy ) and the fact they are expecting me to be languishing at home on the sofa so nobody was expecting to see me.

I want a 10 week art course!  Jealous!!  Not sure about choir though.  I would enjoy it but I don't know about the poor sods having to listen to my tone deaf wailingSmiley Very Happy

Rosina first T down for you too.  Hooray!  And well done to H1 for behavingSmiley Happy

Yup our place is same rule, neutrophils have to be 1.5 and up for a definite go ahead.  They said they will consider going as low as 1.3 but only if other readings are healthy and you seem overall well.  But no lower than that.

Edinbird I can't advise as all food still tastes pretty good to me.  Too good!  Smiley Happy  liquids have gone weird though, I'm having to stick to plain water (which is a bit off but manageable) because all my usual squashes taste gross.

Now that all the Easter chocolates and treats have been demolished I have started tracking calories again on my My Fitness Pal app, to keep myself accountable.  I've put on a stone and a half since the week before I started chemo and I need to rein that in!!!  The number of times today at home I have absent mindedly stood up and started to wander over to the kitchen for a snack , then stopped myself.  I wasn't even hungry, it's just become a habit.  Because I am never usually home this much, usually at work all week and out having fun at the weekends.... being sat right next to the kitchen all the time is lethal! Smiley Happy

So yes, the app had kept me honest today and hopefully I won't get the disapproving eye roll from my onco nurse again next time she weighs me Smiley Very Happy

Dikat thank you so much for sharing your photos.  Really reassuring.  Because my onco has now told me twice that hair loss can sometimes be permanent, he has made me super paranoid!  But when I mentioned that to the onco nurse she says she has been administering chemo for over 15 years and has never seen one person not regrow their hair.  So it must be pretty rare! 

Also during my T session on Tuesday a lady popped in to say hi to the nurses.  She had her last chemo mid Jan and I'd say she now has a good 1cm coverage all over.  She looked great in general too, healthy glow in her skin etc.

MBJ I am a veggie too.  I left SW when they canned green days, I missed my double healthy extras too much! Smiley Happy  I just calorie count when I need to lose weight now.  It is better for me re portion control as on SW I used to go a bit crazy piling up the free carbs Smiley Happy  and it is so easy with new apps where you can just scan barcodes/ look up raw ingredients so easily etc.  I miss the SW meetings a little bit though as I had made pals there.  I think they have all since stopped going too though so no point me going back on their account!

I am not surprised that the funeral messed with your head a little about giving up the chemo.   I can still say hand on heart that I would have made the same decision as you did if I were in your shoes.  But now I would be worrying myself silly same as you I am sure.  It is inevitable to have doubts after such a big decision.

I still wonder about Sissy60.  I don't think she ever went ahead with her chemo at all.  Looked like she was going to try alternative therapies instead.  At least you gave it a Barry good go!

Maybe you could mention your worries to the moving forward course counsellor?   You probably already have....

Sadly there is no BCC moving forward course near me.  But when I went to Cheltenham Maggie's for my look good feel better thing, they told me about something they do that is very similar.  2 hours on Tuesday afternoons from 4.30pm, for 6 weeks.  I would have to leave work early to get there but if I spin it as follow up treatment (which it is!) my boss should ok it.

Still a bit of a trek for me but I reckon it would be worth it.

Have a good evening everyone, and here is hoping we all get some sleep!  My Fitbit tells me I got 4 hrs 43 mins last night.  Which is not great but my personal best since Sunday Smiley Happy  yawn!

Sarah x

Screenshot_20190425-180653_Fitbit.jpg

Hi Marlyn

Im guessing with you having all Fec it might not start to grow until after you’ve finished but only 2 more cycles left so it won’t be long. Once it starts to sprout, it’s really encouraging. I’ve pretty much ditched the wig now. Might use it if it’s really cold 🥶 Once I went without it I felt quite empowered and no one takes a lot of notice tbh. Anyhow, was in the makeup bit in Tesco the other day and there was a pic of a model who had about the same as me so we are on trend 😂xx

MBJ

Hi Susie B

Yes I have one more session on the Moving Forward course on Monday. It has been good on the whole. I think it depends on the quality of the speakers to be honest. Some of the sessions have been hard to deal with like being body aware of any changes in breasts or constant nagging pain anywhere. How to be vigilant and not paranoid, I have no idea on that one. The counseling session was really good and it's good to hear of other ladies experiences and worries. This makes you realise (well me anyway) that it's only natural to be afraid and worry. I am not sure what Monday has in store but I am sure they will end it on a high. The volunteers from Breast cancer care are great and know so much. One even offered to show her reconstructed boobs to us. I think she used her own fat taken from her abdomen and that was 13years ago. 

So yes I would recommend it to you, although I assume the courses will be slightly different where ever we are. 

MBJ

Hi Girls. 

I can see some  of  you seem to be coping with side effects and lack of sleep, I hope these settle down. Some lovely pictures of hair growth, mine is slowly returning but it's White🤯. 

Well I have just booked a cruise for June from Southampton to Spain only as far down as Santander, some nice stops which we have not done before and it's calling back in Guernsey which is lovely. It has taken me weeks to get the courage to book as I feel I am tempting fate. I know it's silly and I can't live like that, but it's so much harder to look to the future than it was this time last year. 

I definitely need to loose that stone now girls, had an awful week in Slimming World first week back gained 1/2lb 😋 well I did eat out three times what did I expect. Going to be more focussed this week , just made Quorn bolognaise ready for tea (I am a vegetarian). 

I think the last few days have been hard after the funeral I went to on Tuesday I think it put me back to worrying over stopping the chemo again. But I am trying to rationalize it, not so easy early hours of the morning though when your mind is playing tricks on you, and that's without steroids. 

Anyway I am fine really, went to see a close work colleague today who is home looking after her 90 year old mum who is now quite unwell. No plans as yet for the weekend I am just going with the flow or probably the weather. 

I hope those who need it get a good night's sleep. X

Dikat, love the pics .....gives me hope on the hair front as I have a deep seated fear mine will never grow back xx

Well done Seasidesar,

for getting yourself on some Macmillan courses.

I am looking forward to my art therapy tomorrow.

I am feeling much better ( zero nausea) on T. Let’s see if or how or when the muscle aches kick in. I am booked for a yoga day on Sunday that I really would like to attend.

The brow gel sounds good. 

Dikat thanks for sharing your pics. You have such an elegant head and neck.

Nap wise : I had 2 and 1/2 hours on my return which was perfect.

Rosina

For salty my go to has been olives 😋

Rosina