62218members
327539posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

15579274127622067634139.jpgPond/puddle15579275877421625307432.jpg7 year old wisteria bought as a small twig1557927768695849174363.jpg1st flowers after 7 years1557927875962472436504.jpgOur fig tree and figlets15579280096511437556083.jpgSummerhouse with snow on the mountain and pink phlox

Hi everyone 

Finally caught up properly with all the gossip, whilst on my holiday I just flicked through the posts and gave the occasional ❤ or comment. I've just reached the post holiday dip. Holiday now over so what can I look forward to now? Oh surgery, chemo and rads plus the possibility of herceptin😭☹, but I'm sure the post holiday blues will soon pass. At over 4 weeks post chemo I can honestly say I feel better, physically, now than I have done since chemo started. The phase where you don't feel ill at all but know there is something terribly wrong with you. That's probably why a bit of rumpy pumpy is still on the cards, a bit of extra energy and no post surgery healing to get through. All the talk of the different things that T stands for is very confusing. I'll be on Docetaxel known as T and C so goodness knows what meds I'll be on to reduce side effects. I can't remember if nausea etc is a side effect of C. On the hair front still no sign of regrowth in bald patches, think eyebrow and eyelash loss may have stopped which is just as well as I still need some hint as to where my brows should be when I pencil them in. 

Nettienoo, the hairbrush looks interesting, it may be just right for my short hair, both now and when it  fully returns. Love the doggy/slippers photo, truly relaxing. On the wine front we bought a couple of very nice rose wines from the vineyards. I also hit the L'occitane shop not once but twice. Well you have to buy stuff in the area it comes from. Rosina I don't know if you buy their stuff on line but if you do you'll know that you get a choice of 3 samples to try. On our first visit we came away with over 30 samples, and on the 2nd visit I received a tin with a couple a couple of hand creams. Not bad.

We also went to the Thursday market in Aix for clothes (me) and herbs (Paul). The Saturday one was cancelled as Aix was holding an Ironman event on the Sunday. We watched some of the runners. How they manage to do that after a swim and cycle ride is beyond me🏊‍♂️🚴‍♂️.      

Implausible love the background story to your name on here and your son with the roids obviously had a sense a of humour😆. 

Hope everyone is ok. I'm going to see if I can get some photos on here of some of our garden plants and maybe ev6our pond, which is more like a puddle up against yours Ocean21. Take care xxxxx 

Good news about MKL!   Hope your players finally get the pay they are missing from last season!  

We have had the same owners for years in the Nell family.  They have their occasional faults but have always managed the club well.  We are lucky in that regard.

And good news re bloods and go ahead too!

Good morning,

My goodness, how do I follow that? A lovely chilled photo of cosy slippers and sunbathing dogs 😊 and an amazing explanation for choice of username. Love it!

Well there was no phonecall for me last night so it looks like session 5 is on for tomorrow. Bracing myself today by drinking loads of water and getting my dose of vitamin D outside.

Sarah, you didn't miss much with the hockey yesterday. I found it painful to watch and actually had to walk away several times. Never done that before. Bowns only played the first period and then Whistle took over. Unfortunately he didn't fare much better against the relentless Danes. I thought GB looked out of their depth and certainly didn't look threatening until the second period. Still they couldn't score though.

In other hockey news, thank goodness things look more positive for MK for next season. The consortium who were trying to bid for an elite league team are now going to take us into the nihl so that's the end of the current owners. They have been appalling in their treatment of players and staff ever since they've been on the scene, so good riddance. At least that's something to look forward to now because I wouldn't have bought a season ticket if the current owners had remained in charge.

I had to laugh at your son's 'roid message. Must be a boy thing because as soon as my son realised I was having to take steroids today, he asked me if that meant I would be suffering from roid rage again 😂

On that note, I'm off for a bike ride and hopefully no raging!

Good luck to those of you having chemo today.

Loads of love

Sar xxx

Ah! Love the reason for Implausible name. My lovely next door neighbours (who have just moved. Boo boo!) were really into cosplay so I do know a bit about it from them. They did it as a family too. 

You may be right about the steroids, it’s so hard to tell what is causing what. I’m getting aching cheek bones and heartburn/reflux causing me to cough when lying down at the moment, both new effects. Popping gaviscon tablets and paracetamol to sort. 

By the way all, I think I wrote the deodorant was called Biosen when I’m fact you will see from the photo it’s BioNsen. Sorry if anyone tried to google and couldn’t find it. Xx

Receiving you loud and clear this time Nettie, good job you had it saved.

Can't have been a keyword problem as it would have flagged it again.  Must have just been the forum playing up....

Love the relaxed photoSmiley Happy

I did once have a strong urge to buy a camper van /RV type thing as I have a nice big driveway to keep one on.  But my other half talked me down, reminded me I like the comfort of hotels (I have lived through my camping days and nowadays I am soft!!!) And convinced me I would hardly ever use it, and he is probably right....   I still look at them wistfully though!

Implausible.....  it is because when my kids were younger (oh yes, same kid won belt stripe and pimped steroid box Smiley Happy ) they were really into cosplay and I made all their costumes.  And I made that rocket raccoon costume for myself too that you have already seen.

When people compete in cosplay competitions (I never did but the boys did) you do so under a nom de plume , either individually or as a team.  We had a team name, which was "an implausibility of gnus" as it is my favourite collective noun (well second fave but "murder of crows" was already taken!) - and also we are all clumsy and not very graceful on the competition catwalk, just like gnus  Smiley Very Happy

So that's where it came from.  Bet you wish you had never asked Smiley Very Happy

Sarah x

PS I don't think it is the withdrawal from steroids itself that causes the "crash", I think it is that they have been holding off other symptoms.  So without them I think the naffness would just set in sooner...

And here’s the text that goes with the photo!

Glad no 5 done and dusted Implausible/Sarah and that you had a good day overall. Your son’s message on the steroids box is 😂. Was it the same son in the photo (love the pride in his face) who wrote it or your older one? 

I keep meaning to ask you why you use Implausible as your name? I’m interested and nosey? 🤔. Lol. 

Sonia, I’m happy that like Sarah, you are enjoying the steroids stage; are you on the double dose as well?  As I’m now staying on FEC I’m staying on the lower dosage which gives me a little more energy for the four days but not significantly and I feel so awful on the first day off them, I can’t say I like them very much. Or maybe that it’s only then I feel the effects of the WBC’s who knows eh? Four cycles in and I’m still pretty clueless about what may or may not happen each cycle and why.

I only took one photo at the caravan (some of you may already have seen it on Facebook). It kind of says it all really. A popular caravaners’ saying is “legs down, feet up” and that’s what we did. We tried out our very snuggly new caravan booties (oh dear! Bit sad I know. Lol) drank a bit of alcohol and watched 2 very chilled, sunbathing pups enjoying the evening sun. We actually started off in tents a few years back pre dogs. I loved that too when the weather was good. We then progressed to a trailer tent for a bit more convenience and comfort but advancing age took the better of us last year and we ended up walking away from browsing at the Caravan and Camping Show having blown a large proportion of our savings on a caravan. No regrets so far. Not for everyone I know but we love the fact we can drive a short way into the countryside at the weekends and just relax and de stress. We tend to keep ourselves to ourselves and certainly aren’t the type of caravanners who attend rallies and fly massive flags outside. We just like the relaxation it brings. 

Goodness me, just realised I’ve been on a long, early hours, steroid induced ramble again! Soz. 

Love you all. Chat soon. 

Ps Love the Aix pics Susie. It looks beautiful. Did you bring wine back? X

3D14CCA8-9CC3-46C1-8C45-238CF49A0DCA.jpeg

I’m just trying the photo on its own now then the text to try and see what the problem is with my spammy post. Bear with......

I saved what I’d written in “notes” notes on my phone . It’s all very tame and a photo from caravan! Maybe they don’t like caravans.😂😂I’ll try and post it again. If it doesn’t reappear in a bit. Isn’t spam when it supposed to come from a dodgy source though rather than inappropriate content? Weird. Xx

Rosina, My onco keeps *delighting* in reminding me that hair loss can be permanent.  He said 8 percent not 15 percent though.

(My theory is it is because he is bald as a bowling ball himself and wants us all to suffer with him Smiley Happy )

My onco nurse however says he talks a lot of poo and she has been delivering chemo for over 15 years and has not had one patient whose hair didn't return.  And she thinks that permanent hair problems only tend to happen to much older people whose hair was already thinning before treatment.  So she says that us "young uns" (I like being called a young un Smiley Happy ) shouldn't worry a jot....

Morning All,

Nettienoo thanks for the deodorant recommendation, I could see the photo of the bottle just fine ( if this is the photo you are referring to).

Ocean21 , I read the link and I am having T for Taxoterre which is linked to permanent hair loss in 15% of cases which has really made my day 🥴 on the other hand I suppose I should wait and see.

Then again a hair free head must be great for swimming! (Although I am sporting the Friar Tuck look ).

So not freaking out.  Made from the Pacific Yew Tree and then added to some lovely carrier chemicals. I am definitely continuing my sesame oil mouth swilling and massage ( anything if it helps to remove toxins!).

Glad you are home Implausible. Loved the ‘pimped’ roid box. I don’t like that drug either 🤪

Mum is here, it’s good to see her. She is in good shape at 78.  We are going to walk into town together today.

Sonia28, glad you are all sorted. 

SusieB glad you enjoyed your holiday and the sunshine. I have bought sunscreen with spf 50 ( don’t want any more ‘weird skin ‘ reactions)

Daisydi, MBJ, Trixielady thinking of you all.

Hugs Rosina 

Ps. If any of my side effects are permanent I could take on a Marvel name and invest in great ear-rings 😎

Ocean, yes its confusing isn't it.  The one that doesn't start with T is the one they call T!

Nettie I can't see your original post either.  How annoying.

Looks like you have probably accidentally set off one of their automatic filters with a keyword or something.  Maybe a human moderator now has to check it before releasing it, so it might pop up later in the day once they realise you aren't an actual spammer!

Nettinoo, i can only see th message about spam alert. Xxx

My message and photo posted a few mins ago came up with a “spam alert message” no idea why. Can you let me know if you can see it please lovelies? Thank you. Xx

Glad no 5 done and dusted Implausible/Sarah and that you had a good day overall. Your son’s message on the steroids box is 😂. Was it the same son in the photo (love the pride in his face) who wrote it or your older one? 

I keep meaning to ask you why you use Implausible as your name? I’m interested and nosey? 🤔. Lol. 

Sonia, I’m happy that like Sarah, you are enjoying the steroids stage; are you on the double dose as well?  As I’m now staying on FEC I’m staying on the lower dosage which gives me a little more energy for the four days but not significantly and I feel so awful on the first day off them, I can’t say I like them very much. Or maybe that it’s only then I feel the effects of the WBC’s who knows eh? Four cycles in and I’m still pretty clueless about what may or may not happen each cycle and why. 52C46C54-FA13-4F54-8053-84BE54034F22.jpeg

I only took one photo at the caravan (some of you may already have seen it on Facebook). It kind of says it all really. A popular caravaners’ saying is “legs down, feet up” and that’s what we did. We tried out our very snuggly new caravan booties (oh dear! Bit sad I know. Lol) drank a bit of alcohol and watched 2 very chilled, sunbathing pups enjoying the evening sun. We actually started off in tents a few years back pre dogs. I loved that too when the weather was good. We then progressed to a trailer tent for a bit more convenience and comfort but advancing age took the better of us last year and we ended up walking away from browsing at the Caravan and Camping Show having blown a large proportion of our savings on a caravan. No regrets so far. Not for everyone I know but we love the fact we can drive a short way into the countryside at the weekends and just relax and de stress. We tend to keep ourselves to ourselves and certainly aren’t the type of caravanners who attend rallies and fly massive flags outside.

We just like the relaxation it brings. 

Goodness me, just realised I’ve been on a long, early hours, steroid induced ramble again! Soz. 

Love you all. Chat soon. 

Sonia, I’m happy that like Sarah, you are enjoying the steroids stage; are you on the double dose as well?  As I’m now staying on FEC I’m staying on the lower dosage which gives me a little more energy for the four days but not significantly and I feel so awful on the first day off them, I can’t say I like them very much. Or maybe that it’s only then I feel the effects of the WBC’s who knows eh? Four cycles in and I’m still pretty clueless about what may or may not happen each cycle and why. 52C46C54-FA13-4F54-8053-84BE54034F22.jpeg

I only took one photo at the caravan (some of you may already have seen it on Facebook). It kind of says it all really. A popular caravaners’ saying is “legs down, feet up” and that’s what we did. We tried out our very snuggly new caravan booties (oh dear! Bit sad I know. Lol) drank a bit of alcohol and watched 2 very chilled, sunbathing pups enjoying the evening sun. We actually started off in tents a few years back pre dogs. I loved that too when the weather was good. We then progressed to a trailer tent for a bit more convenience and comfort but advancing age took the better of us last year and we ended up walking away from browsing at the Caravan and Camping Show having blown a large proportion of our savings on a caravan. No regrets so far. Not for everyone I know but we love the fact we can drive a short way into the countryside at the weekends and just relax and de stress. We tend to keep ourselves to ourselves and certainly aren’t the type of caravanners who attend rallies and fly massive flags outside. We just like the relaxation it brings. 

Love you all. Chat soon. 

Hey lovely ones,

Sarah & Trixielady, thanks for clarifying the drug names.

I did a quick google search and I can see what’s happened , it’s the T that is confusing. I found this explanation on:

https://www.gilmanbedigian.com/taxotere-vs-taxol

‘Taxol and Taxotere are the drug label names of two separate but closely related chemical compounds. Both are used as chemotherapy drugs to treat various kinds of cancer. Taxol is the name under which the drug paclitaxel is sold, while Taxotere is a rebranding of the drug docetaxel’

Daisydi.  I hope the steroids work well this time.

Implausible, I love the steroids too, wish they lasted for longer. Saying that I’m wide wake with no hope of sleep for a while, but have managed to catch up with my ironing and done some housework as well as running around after the kids today.

Implausible Sarah glad that number 5 is done and dusted and well done to your son.  Re: the steroids they are hopefully going to stop me having a reaction again but  that didnt happen till day 4/5 and some of my reaction can be caused by neutropenia which I didnt know I had.  I'm still covered in spots and blotches from the first time so god knows what will happen this time.  Oh well got to get on with it I suppose but if it happens again I dont think I will have any more.  My skin has got to get through the radiotherapy yet.  Love your sons artwork on the steroid box!  Rest up now x

Evening all

Hope everyone is well.  Sandra, how is V? Did you both end up in the hospital?

Rosina, I'm glad I made you chuckle Smiley Happy 
I'm not surprised that you are a little fed up about your cycle 5 delay Smiley Sad I would be too.  But it is only a week, it will soon pass and hopefully you can enjoy the extra healthy time.
As for Americans changing history in movies and TV, they are experts at that.  If you believed everything that comes out of Hollywood, you would think that they won both world wars singlehanded Smiley Very Happy

Susie, love your photos! Definitely making me want to go on holibobs!!

Seaside, your random hair sounds kinda cool!  But I would say that Smiley Happy  exciting that you are seeing fresh growth coming through already!

I missed the England game v Denmark this afternoon as I was at the movies watching Detective Pikachu.  Which wasn't worth my time Smiley Happy  I thought the hockey was another 7pm start so I was a bit miffed.  But having seen the scoreline maybe I didn't miss much :/  how did the lads look?  Were they still giving it their all like they did v Canada or are their heads starting to drop?

Nettie thanks for the heads up on the less lethal deodorant Smiley Happy  I will try that one out...

Sonia I'm glad they sorted out your PICC line but not without new problems it seems!  You do have very sensitive skin.  I hope things settle down for you x  Glad you are good to go for round 5, go go go!

Daisy I didnt realise that getting more steroids was an option!  I rather love mine, they give me all the energy in the world!!  I only have one day of them left before the big crash Smiley Sad

Seems my son has noticed how much I like them as he has pimped the box Smiley Very Happy

20190514_214142-picsay.jpg

Edinbird glad you had a nice walk today, the shady park looks lovely.  I hit 9k steps today, less than usual but not bad for chemo day when  I spent half of it hooked up to a drip in bed...
Hope you sleep well!

As for me, I had round 5 of 6 this morning (second T).  It went really well and my friend was there as usual having her weekly Taxol in the next bed over so we had a good old natter.  She has 3 more to go and I have one, so if all goes to plan we should finish on the same day.  We are going to have a party Smiley Happy  party hats and streamers and whistles, the lot Smiley Happy  The time passed quickly, especially now I have dumped the cold cap which saved me at least an hour.

And I came home to find a very happy son as he had just earned his first belt stripe in jiu jitsu and got a glowing report from his teacher.  So that was nice.

20190514_183409-picsay.jpg

And I just had a really nice phone call from a good friend which really made me happy. 

So all in all a good day.

Love to all

Sarah x

Excellent news for bloods Sonia and I hope the PICC behaves. I had a long lie which meant late steroids... so no idea what tonight will be like but might pop a sleeping pill anyway I have two left.

Made sure I did some exercise before my legs give out so 10k steps mostly out and about. The estates round near me aren’t very picturesque so I made sure I went through the park too. Didn’t have any sun cream on so as much shade needed as possible!

96D81990-B42F-459F-9C96-59273910EC9C.jpeg

Love the pictures Susie, makes me want to go on holiday. 

Bloods are back good to go tomorrow for round 5. 

20190511_175627.jpgAnother view from our balcony

20190512_092350.jpgHotel pool with original city walls

20190510_202902.jpgClock tower at night

20190511_141259.jpgAnyone for wine?

20190510_101219.jpgAix is famous for its many fountains

Just a few pics from Aix. Can't attach some photos as the files? are too big. We had a great time. The wine bottles are from one of the two vineyards we visited. The fountain is called Mossy Fountain. Trixielady hope some of these pics bring back fond memories. Will try and catch up later. Take care everyone xxx

Sounds like me Sonia.  It seems my body is not happy unless it reacts to something!  Just spoke to my oncology unit and they are going to extend the steroids and wbc injections hoping that I will not react to the T again next Monday.  Cant say I'm looking forward to it.  Hope your bloods are ok x

Hi ladies, 

i have been for my bloods and PICC care. I’ve decided that I like to cause problems each time I go. My PICC line had travelled due to taking out the metal that keeps it in place, so had to wait for the all clear to keep it in without X-ray, so got that but in the mean to

e I had a reaction to the cleaning stuff and my arm felt on fire. So all cleaned with saline, and different dressing which are no longer sticking only been home 20 mins. Now fingers crossed bloods are okay. 

Hope everyone is having a good day, good luck those having chemo today xxx

Ps. I’ve been using a deodorant called Biosen from Boots since being diagnosed last October. It’s Paraben and Aluminium free and good for sensitive skins. It’s not an anti perspirant but I haven’t found that a problem. It comes in a spray and a stick form and smells lovely....:.just in case anyone fancies a try. XxFEC55898-B228-4452-83B5-889C0221D1D3.jpeg

Ps. I’ve been using a deodorant called Biosen from Boots since being diagnosed last October. It’s Paraben and Aluminium free and good for sensitive skins. It’s not an anti perspirant but I haven’t found that a problem. It comes in a spray and a stick form and smells lovely....:.just in case anyone fancies a try. Xx

Morning lovely ladies,

Welcome back, Nettienoo. So glad you enjoyed your weekend. Sounds fab. We used to have mini breaks staying in caravans in Dorset and always really enjoyed it. Hubby has recently mentioned we should look into buying our own somewhere on the coast. Well done for ticking off another treatment. You take it easy now.

Good luck for today, Sarah. Make the most of the steroids. Are you watching the hockey this evening?

Sandra, I hope V is ok. I was told to check temperature 30 mins later if it ever goes too high or low. In my case it usually falls within the acceptable range with a bit of help.

Rosina, I know what you mean about feeling fine and then being told that apparently you're not. Very frustrating.

Edinbird, I feel your pain with the weight gain. I just can't stop eating though so I guess I'll wait for dose 6 to be over and done with and hope everything sorts itself out then. Hope you can catch up on some sleep today.

As for me, I'm having a bit of a hair obsession. I've spotted some regrowth where my bald patches were and I've had hubby (who couldn't spot anything) checking with a magnifying glass 😂 Eventually he agreed that there is some fuzz there. Hooray! Only thing is, I now have a thinning bob, which is a strange light brown from many years of dyeing/highlighting, etc. along with grey roots, silver sideburns and black fuzz in the nape of my neck. I'm gonna make some hairdresser's day with that mash up!

Better get ready for my blood test.

Love you all loads.

Sar xxx

20190512_095723.jpg

Clock tower in one if the squares in Aix. I'll try and post more pics later. This is just a trial run. Will be back later to tell you a bit about our little break. As you can see in the photo the sun shone🌞. Caught up with most of the posts, loads happening. Did I miss someone's birthday? Got to get up now. PICC care later, soon back to to the new nirmal🙁. Love you all xxxxxx

Thanks for making me laugh Implausible. I am actually a teeny bit miffed that dose #5 is delayed. 

I actually told H1 yesterday “ you go in feeling fine and then they tell you you aren’t so I might as well behave like I am not ‘ 🥴

I am watching  ‘A.D Kingdom and Empire ‘ my favourite character in there is Claudia ( Pilates wife) . Then I got annoyed with episode 7 as the Emperor Tiberius never visited Jerusalem ( don’t mind some artistic license but I get annoyed with the Yanks

messing with history!!!!).

AD Kingdom and Empire

@Rosina wrote:

PS didn’t walk much yesterday only 3000 or so steps ( and that was around the hospital) then I binged on Netflix. 

She's human, guys!!!! Smiley Very Happy

That is so reassuring Smiley Happy

Morning all.  I'm just packing my chemo bag ready to head off to the hospital in an hour.  I don't have anywhere near as much to pack this week as I'm not cold capping any more.  Although I'm still taking the conditioner as the lady in the next bed always forgets hers and I have to bail her out Smiley Happy

Sandra I hope V is ok?  My card says I don't have to call until under 35 degrees so i think i would have added an extra layer or two and ignored that reading and tried to get back to sleep, unless other signs of illness or infection....

Nettie I love your post.  Glad you had a lovely time at your caravan and you have ticked off another chemo sesh.  We are getting there aren't we!  Nice feeling.

Sonia I hope that headache clears, and Edinbird I hope you managed some sleep.  Tricky with the combo of steroids and lots on your mind Smiley Sad  

Love to the lot of you 

Sarah x

Lovely post Implausible

(ducks, walking, positive feedback on art) good luck with dose #5 today.

Sandraindurham, is Veronica ok?

Thanks for your news Nettienoo,

I have never stayed in a caravan, only a tent and slept on the ground ( weekend) . I really appreciated my bed afterwards.

Sonia28 hope the headache has gone.

Edinbird hope you slept.

Trixielady how are you ?

Ocean21 are you gardening?

Lovely day today, plan to make the most of it.

Hugs,

Rosina

PS didn’t walk much yesterday only 3000 or so steps ( and that was around the hospital) then I binged on Netflix. 

Hi lovelies, I’m back with you all. 

We had a lovely weekend in the caravan. The delay in chemo meant I had a lot more energy than usual so there was plenty of doggie walks and getting the caravan pristine again after not being used for a while. Weather turned out beautiful. I’m so happy we decided to go as I actually felt normal for a couple of days and tried to forget about all things bc for a bit (apart from temp check twice a day of course (Very therapeutic).

Back down to Earth yesterday morning as Onco appt first thing, followed by Chemo 4 (FEC continuing no T). They were busier than I’ve ever seen (probably  due to catching up from being closed for Bank Holiday). My appt was 11 and didn’t get home until nearly 4. Good to have it done and dusted though. Steroids kicking in and have a headache but not too bad so far. 

I can see there has been all sorts going on with my girlies over the last few days. Treatments happening, not happening, holidays, walking (loads), people feeling crappy, miserable, tearful. I wish I could gather you all together for a massive group cuddle my darlings. We will get there eventually won’t we? 

The little hedgehog photo and Sarah’s artwork  and duck family really made me smile. You are all such strong, intelligent, talented and very funny ladies. Everyone single one of you brings something different to the forum, your individual personalities shine through and having dipped in some other forums I think we are unique... well we rule for a start!💪🏻 😂. I can honestly say I haven’t laughed so much before I joined the forum and there have been times when I have been really belly laughing and desperately trying to regain bladder control over your  comments. I think that’s amazing bearing in mind our situations. I really couldn’t love you all any more than I do. 😍😍😍. 

Keep the laughter, rants, worries, general chit chat, tears, gossip, gas, poop, sexual encounter banter going girls,  (it gives me great hope that at least one of us is still managing a bit of rumpy pumpy!!!! 😉🤪)   and whatever is happening don’t forget for one minute how loved and cared about you all are. Xxxxx

Oh Sandra what were you doing up at 2.30 for temperature? Suggests to me other issues on top which probably indicated if you needed hospital or not... I was told if there was a temperature issue wait an hour and try again to see if you could repeat it. Many people seem to be able to bring the temperature up through warm drinks blankets hot water bottle a hat... I’ve frequently been under 36 in the mornings and after a few minutes it’s gone up. On some occasions though I’ve got up and moving or done what I suggested and an hour later no issues. I hope it sorted itself out.

Ive been awake on and off with steroid sweats combined with overactive mind... hardly heard from bestie yesterday despite my chemo issues (but he’s had tonnes to process himself too), all sorts of work questions I need answers to as our new job applications are all kicking off, and realising I’ve just hit 10 stone again 😣 wanted to be half a stone less so initially was delighted when I went up after a couple of treatments but I’ve now put just shy of a stone on in two months! All very well needing to exercise more when your legs are gradually waning and it makes your temperature feel like it’s blasting out the top of your head! Probably should do something later once the steroids kick in again.

Doubt I’ll sleep much any more now but good luck Sarah and anyone else who is having chemo related fun today xx

Sandra, Your post was 3 hrs ago so you will have probably made a call by now but my temp often falls to 35.7/35.8 in the night. I normally put socks,dressing gown and woolly bobble hat on and climb back under the covers and keep all that on until temp normal again normally after about 20 mins. Then I keep checking to make sure it stays up. I hope Veronica is ok love. Xx

Highlighted

And here we are, 2.30am looking at a thermometer reading 35.8! Hospital or not?

Daisydi, I’ve been offered the aspirin trial too. That one I’m quite happy to do, 

implausible, fab news about your comic, if it’s anything like your postcard I think the comments you got are truthful.  

I’ll catch up properly tomorrow as got a bit of a headache, and can’t concentrate very well. 

Good luck for tomorrow Sarah.  xx

Not heard of that one Sonia.  I have been asked to go on Aspirin trial but havent had the chance to read up on it yet. Will try to have a look at posnoc

Hi everyone!

Gosh you've all been chatty today Smiley Happy

Edinbird huge congrats on finally getting number 5 under your belt after a shaky start!!!  Enjoy the next few half decent days before the wobbly legs kick in Smiley Happy

Rosina I'm sorry that yours has been delayed Smiley Sad  but you totally have the right attitude to it, make the most of your bonus week of feeling nice and healthy x

You would have been proud of me this morning, R .... I had a lovely walk along the canal for a solid 3 hours.  I reckon that must have been a good 15k steps.  But I forgot my Fitbit as it was charging at home!  So I can't be sure.  And I've done another 4k since.

20190513_112008-picsay.jpg

20190513_112947-picsay.jpgSaw a cute duck family

20190513_113846-picsay.jpg

20190513_123323-picsay.jpgAnd more nesting swans, like yesterday

Seaside.  I was super proud of our boys vs Canada!  I know the scoreline doesn't favour them but they were up against a full time NHL standard team, and they never gave up and had some good scoring chances.  Umfortunately their goalie was even better than Bowns! 
It was good to see Tyler Bertuzzi on the ice for Canada.  He is my favourite of all the NHL young uns.  Saw him play last year in LA and was due to see him again this March on my trip that never happenedSmiley Sad  His uncle Todd Bertuzzi was one of my favourite Canucks back in the day.
Hope the bike ride was fun!
I have put on a stone and a half since start of chemo :/  so I sympathise on the weight gain front!  I'm getting exercise but I am also eating ALL THE TIME.

Sonia good to hear from you.  How did the onco chat go?  (Ah I've just seen your update.  Sorry you didn't get as many answers as you wanted:/  I've never been offered any trials....)

DiKat your hair looks fab!  As for surgery, the others have covered off most of it.  As for me I had a double overnight with my surgery as I had my OP very late (gone 7pm) on the first night. 
I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node removal (not full clearance).  Drain was taken out second evening so luckily I didn't have to take it home with me.  Procedure went smoothly and recovery was swift and touch wood haven't had any arm problems, other than my boob and armpit scars feeling quite uncomfortable in my worst chemo weeks....

Marlyn your "sprinkler" story made me guffaw out loud!!!  You don't half have a way with words Smiley Very Happy

As for me, I had bloods this morning (which left me with some nice junkie bruises :/)

20190513_212737-picsay.jpg

No call so that means I am go go go for #5 tomorrow!

I'm currently buzzing with my system full of steroids.  Got to admit I love the roids!  They give me so much energy!!! 

I'm also in a really happy mood as I FINALLY finished that comic.  I've been working on it for 14 months!  It is such an amazing feeling to complete it.  And I have had some wonderful feedback like this from an American comic artist I really admire:

Screenshot_20190513-220959_Twitter.jpg

I think he is laying it on a bit thick but I'll take it Smiley Very Happy

So all in all I'm considerably less glum than I was over the past few days.  Almost looking forward to chemo tomorrow (like Edinbird Smiley Happy ) just because then I'll only have one more left to go!

Love to all

Sarah x

Dika, sadly I was unlucky and lost my brows and lashes on fec.....got a LGFG day towards end of rads....really need it! Xxx

Hi Ladies, 

spoke to oncologist today, well one of his team, have any of you chosen to go on the 

posnoc trial for radiotherapy?? I decide against the chemo trial, but am thinking I may do this one. Didn’t get a lot of answers, I got a lots of maybes and possible on time schedules. Bloods tomorrow, fingers crossed 

Thanks MBJ

Must have been difficult having the second surgery, glad you found it easier than the first. I can understand why you made the decision to discontinue chemo....hope you’re beginning to feel more like the old you and your hair is beginning to come through xx

Hi Marlyn 

No, wasn’t completely bald. Started coming back at the very beginning of T which was end of Feb so guess my growth now is comparable to what yours would be 11/12 wks post chemo. My lashes and brows are still falling out now but that’s from the T so hopefully you won’t have that problem xx

Edinbird, that was a long day!!! On the weight front iv managed to gained just over half a stone....and still gaining! Eek......xx

Well that was a long day but all done now. Home for healthy dinner (quiche and beans) and then unhealthy pudding (cheesecake). May as well before I can’t eat anything at all! Put on another two kilos though... eek

MBJ

Hi DiKat

I had a full clearance last December three weeks after a mastectomy with reconstruction. So as you can imagine I was not looking forward to surgery again. However it was much less of an operation than my first, the drain was fine and my scar is hardly visible.i could have gone into a trial where I had a 50% chance of not having surgery just chemo and hormone therapy. But decided against it and opted for surgery when I was told my Sentinal node was positive. I had one more node involved. Now I am really glad I made that decision as I had to stop chemo after the first one.

So I think you will be surprised at how quickly you will recover and I needed minimal pain relief. Good luck, take care.

Susie, I have a very faint white peach fuzz on top but completely smooth back and sides.....I'm getting obsessed with it.....now that I've stopped obsessing over the thermometer ...me bald head has taken over! Xxx

Hi diktat and Marlyn

Just started to read posts and saw yours. I'm 4 weeks and 3 days post 4 rounds of FEC and no sign of regrowth in bald areas and still shedding hair🙁 and eyebrows and eye lashes.