68469members
360243posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Highlighted

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Quote under Angels :

’Weeping endures for a night, but joy cometh in the morning ‘.

I am off to walk 🤪

Highlighted

Deano,

at one point I was practically living on spinach soup with nutmeg.

Recipe:

300g spinach ( more if you desire)

2 onions 

3 cloves garlic 

veggie stock ( tea spoon of marigold veggie stock in some hot water)

nutmeg.

oilive oil enough to sauté the onions and garlic.

Add spinach, add veggie stock add nutmeg.

Don't over cook, blend , eat.

Highlighted

Hi All 

Well what a week T finally crushed me last week I couldn’t walk or stand and my tastebuds well what can I say what bloody tastebuds!! Hoping they come back usually 3 weeks later 

Susie did you have lumpectomy I have mine on 10th July and full nodal clearance followed up by rads any updates on your experience is much appreciated.

there are fine long posts and Marilyn you look good is your hair returning after 8 wks?? What about eyelashes and eyebrows I can’t stop my eyes watering I’m wearing sunglasses on full days but look I like a meat fly. 

Anyone anaemic - I am and so fatigued. Rosina do you know any good natural supplements recipes I could use to boost me

hope all of you are recovering from chemo and those yet to have it look after yourselves we’ve come so far and can go a little further

love you all ❤️💖

Highlighted

Hi Debi

I’ve just finished chemo and got surgery next month so I still have a lump! I got a little soreness or aching at times in my breast and under my arm but nothing of significance. I would find that a couple of days after chemo the back of my neck felt a bit swollen and fat but the definition and firmness around the base of my skull would return after another couple of days. It wouldn’t feel painful particularly just like I’d slept funny.

I don’t know if that’s any help? My main aches were in my back and pelvis the first time I had the filgrastim injections, a sore lower abdomen for a couple of weeks and then my knees and ankles and legs cramps overall every T cycle.

Highlighted

Aha I misunderstood, sorry

We have a few ladies in here who had their chemo ahead of surgery , I'm sure they will be along soon to let you know their experiences.

Highlighted

Hi

Thanks for the replies it makes me feel better.  I haven't had my surgery yet so the pain where my lump is concerns me ( i have got it in my head that it is growing ) I think i am going to call my BC nurse on Monday about it and the head pain.  

You ladies are great.

Debi

Highlighted

Evening all

Hope everyone has had a good-as-can-be-expected Saturday?

Weather here is still a little off and on but the sun is at least attempting to peek through occasionally.  Not that I have actually ventured out of my jamas or out of the house today!

Catch up time before I succumb to the delights of sleep....

Seaside.... just be grateful they leave you 3 crisps.  My kids eat the LOT, put the lid back on and then put the box back in the cupboard!!!  Drives me mental.  I think it is because that way they know it will take me a while to notice whereas if the empty tube was in the bin within seconds of the food coming into the house, I'd have a go.  I mean, I have a go later when I find it in the cupboard too, so it doesn't even spare them a telling off, just delays it a bit....

Trixielady, swimming is the one thing I can't WAIT to do again, are you nearly at the point where you are cleared for the pool?  Lucky you!  Mid September for me and counting down. 

I guess the one advantage of the short hair will be not having to hang around in the changing room to blowdry it....

I hope the docs can get to the bottom of the breathlessness and get you sorted.  It must be frustrating and be holding you back 😞

Was it Patricia Cornwell who did the Scarpetta books years ago?  I used to really like those. 

Dawww Nettie, that's such a nice thing to say!  I was worrying that I go on way too long in my super wordy posts and that you were all wishing I'd wind my neck in a bit!!  So it is nice to know that you enjoy them x

I've never been a fan of using one word where ten would do 😄

How is your leaky drain pipe today?  Did your hubby surprise you with competent DIYage? 🙂

My other half won't even attempt DIY.  If I need anything done around here I have to throw money at people from the yellow pages and hope for the best. 

And I hope your son is getting over (or perhaps even regretting and fixing?) his breakup.  And no they never fully grow up to the extent that you don't have to worry about them any more, I don't think.  I know that my two oldest boys (28 and 29 years old) would be utter wrecks for a while if they split up with their girlfriends.

Sonia it is weird the advice the oncos give about hair loss on T.  I didn't even cold cap for my last 2 sessions but didn't lose any more hair.  I only lost hair on FEC, and that was WITH the cold cap.  Yet when I said to mine about how I had heard that you don't lose so much hair with T and I'd even seen a few people whose hair started to regrow during T, he said that definitely wasn't possible and that T was even more aggressive re hair loss than FEC. 

The evidence doesn't seem to back up their adamant position....

Hope your pooping situation is on the mend!

Lovely stained glass windows Rosina, I can't enlarge the photo on my phone, though, can you tell me what the quote says?

I also really enjoyed Line of Duty - I binged all 5 seasons about a month ago. 

Susie you struck gold not needing a drain, as they aren't the most comfortable things to get around with.  As for the blue nipple, mine was tinted blue for weeks!  But it did finally fade back to normal nipply colour, so don't worry 🙂

Marlyn I love love love that photo of you and your cheeky smile  🙂  your hair looks really even in coverage and it has come back super fast.  That is so reassuring!

I'll try to take a pic of mine.  My scalp is a bit dry so it looks a bit manky. 

20190615_210920-picsay.jpg

20190615_211015-picsay.jpg

So all the hair you see is what the cold cap saved.  It is a bit sparsely spread, and there isn't any new regrowth yet in between.  But in terms of the length, that's about 8 weeks worth as well, as it was shaved just after my 4th chemo, and I'm now 2 weeks last my 6th one.

I look like Chad 😄

Screenshot_20190615-211446_Gallery-picsay.jpg

Edinbird, sounds like you have had a down day, here's to tomorrow being brighter x

And to our two visitors from April....  lizandsarah, hi.  Yes I have had nasty taste bud issues with T, and I'm sorry to tell you that in my case they got a little worse each cycle.  But in all cases it was only temporary, kicking in on about day 4 or 5, and resolving itself by day 10 or 11 or so. 
Unlike yourself I didn't end up losing weight but gaining, as food was tolerable as I was actually eating it, but the after taste was disgusting.  I could only describe it as feeling like my mouth was coated with clay or grease.  Ugh.  And the only way I could make it go away for a few minutes was to brush my teeth or drink or eat.  Hence I was constantly snacking. 

Different foods seemed to work better each cycle, it is a bit of trial and error I'm afraid.  I was all about cheese on toast in cycle 4 but by cycle 6 I couldn't face cheese at all. 

The one thing  that always seemed to taste nice and relieve the yucky mouth a little was fruit....pineapple, berries, bananas, satsumas.....  oh and also mini twister lollies!

Hopefully when you get past this bout of the nasty taste buds you will be able to treat yourself to some comfort food to get back those lbs you lost (if weight loss is a worry not a bonus!)

And Debi2 - yes I had a dull pain where my lump originally was in my right breast, and under my armpit where they removed my sentinel nodes, for a good week after all 6 of my chemo sessions.   My onco did prepare me for this as he said the chemo works against the healing process and can cause recently healed tissue to temporarily "unknit".  So I guess that's what the feeling is?  If you get a sharp or very strong pain, though, I'd call your helpline.... mine was never bad enough to require pain relief.  It was just uncomfortable and noticeable.

I haven't had headaches or neck aches though.

I think that's everyone. 

As for me I've had a busy day prepping index cards by throwing paint at them through texture stencils and all sorts, to make backgrounds for some collages I want to pull together.  It was tremendous fun to do something creative for the first time in a month or so.  But tiring as I was stood up throughout and my legs are now very tired and sore and wobbly!

Here are all the pretty colours:20190615_183050-picsay.jpg

Once I actually start making the collages I'll bore you all to tears with them for weeks I am sure, so enjoy the calm  before the storm 😄

Night night all

Sarah x

Highlighted

Hi debi2,

i personally always had pain during chemo where my lump once was.....I did mention this to my onco who said this was quite normal....

im a headachy sort of person anyway, so theses always got worse during chemo......I know it picks on your weaknesses.....

xxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi 

Popping over from April starters.  Just wondered if anyone as had breast pain where lump is while on chemo?  Also had pain at back of head and neck and wondered if it is another side effect.

Thanks 

Debi

Highlighted

Hello Lizandsarah

My sense of taste got a good bashing on Docetaxel ( Taxoterre). I have had 2 doses of it, one more to go.

I would say that it took 2 weeks after each dose for my taste buds to recover.

Egg omelette tasted like cardboard ( couldn’t finish it), I could distinguish sweet, salty and spicy.

Things I enjoyed eating: watermelon, mangoes, raspberries, honey, raspberry yogurt, dark chocolate, spicy lentil soup ( any veggie soup really as it was soothing even if I couldn’t get all the flavours) horseradish and mustard.

Ginger biscuits. Olives, tomatoes.

Coffee was horrible. Fresh orange juice stung like crazy. Tropical fruit juice from a bottle was much nicer.

Porridge with banana and soya milk.

My weight has stayed steady.

I have been tongue scrapping and swishing sesame oil in my mouth daily every morning. Soothing and said to remove toxins.

Hope this helps.

Edinbird, hope you feel better soon.

SusieB, no drain, how did they avoid it ?

Netflix recommendation : Line of Duty , I am on season 1 episode 2 so lots to watch . 

Got all my ironing done today.

Hugs to all,

Rosina

PS love the photo Marlyn, your regrowth looks good and strong.

Highlighted

Hi lizandsarah

I think some of us have been affected more by this than others. Each T cycle I had problems but they resolved during the cycle to come back next time. First T water felt slimy and everything tasted too sweet. This was from a couple of days after the treatment. Took around 10 days to resolve. I didn’t get the slimy feeling again but had the sweet taste for the next two. I had my last T on 3rd and I had a couple of days where nothing tasted good. But I found after that if I persevered with a couple of mouthfuls it was ok just the initial taste was weird. My taste is almost back to normal now. I have had an ongoing problem with chilli since I started on FEC and I’m wary of trying anything hot just yet!

A lot of others on this thread seem to have had taste issues for longer and a lot worse so I’m sure they’ll let you know how they’ve gotten on.

I haven’t lost any weight just gained throughout... I hope it passes soon xx

Highlighted

Hi lizandsarah,

i was fec only and lost all sense of taste.....like you everything ( except salty crisps) tasted like wet slimey kak.....I'm now 8 weeks post last chemo and the mouth is still odd but way better....sorry to read your having real issues....I know my lovey sisters will be along soon to join in as most of them have also had the T .....

How have you been otherwise? Xxxx

Highlighted

Afternoon ladies

I hope you don't mind me popping over from the April thread, but I thought you might be able to give me a bit of guidance as i am guessing most of you have now finished FEC--T.

I've lost all sense of taste on Docetaxol and am now losing weight, everything tastes like cardboard! Got two more cycles to go.

How long did it take for sense of taste to return to normal? 

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Susie

Hope you’re starting to feel more with it.

I didn’t have any blue dye to drink... it was clear, it was the contrast for my CT scan. The blue dye you had was as you say to do with lymph nodes. I’ll have to have that so they can isolate the four they are going to take.

For the CT scan they give you dye to drink to highlight the organs and then I did have to have some by cannula to highlight the blood vessels. Spoke too soon yesterday!

Just sat around today. No drive to do anything. Even eating at regular intervals to take my antibiotics is annoying. Might try and sleep again but I’m not that tired, just floating around in the middle really.

Highlighted

Oooops, didn't mention the dye was injected into the nipple area, hence the bruising colour.

Still having side effects from anaesthetic, so having difficulty in concentrating for very long and engaging brain. Will be popping in for short spells over the weekend me thinks xxxx 

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird 

Hope the antibiotics sort the ear infection out. I hope you don't mind me asking but what is the blue dye drink for? As part of my trial, if I was in agreement, I had a blue dye injected a couple of hours prior to surgery as if I was was having a sentinel lymph node biopsy during my operation. On top of the bruising under my arm and left hand side of my boob I also have what looks like a huge bruise all around the nipple area. Not a pretty sight☹. 

Highlighted

You look great Marlyn. It’s growing back really even, mine was much more patchy on top to start with. Eyebrows look good too xx

Highlighted

Looking good Marlyn☺. 

Highlighted

Wow Marlyn, that’s a lot more growth than I would have expected at 8 weeks. You have given me hope for the future, thank you. 

ps you look gorgeous by the way. Xxxx

Highlighted

IMG_2045.JPG

Highlighted

Welcome back to the fold Susie, glad your doing ok....xxx

im going to attempt to post a pic of my hair.....it's now 8 weeks post last cycle.....and remember ....I was totally completely and utterly bald as a baby's bottom 8 weeks ago.....xxxx

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

Just to let you all know I'm fine and had a fairly good night. At least I didn't have to tussle with a drain!

There's a little discomfort from having a tube down my throat during surgery and a dull ache under my arm. Paracetamol should soon get to work with that. 

I've read all of your posts from yesterday, the early hours and this morning and will catch up with you all later. So much goes on in such a short time.

Need to get up now but will definitely take it steady. xxxx

Highlighted

Rosina how lovely to wake up to two beautiful angels. Thank you. 

Sonia28, my husband has just been to check on youngest and informs me he is out for count and breathing so I can relax. I wouldn’t mind but it’s been his choice to break things off with girlfriend as she wants commitment and babies and he doesn’t. His partner is beautiful, sassy and perfect for him. They’ve been together 7 years!!!! Kids drive you barrying nuts sometimes don’t they? Xx

Highlighted

And some gorgeous angels from St. Peter’s, Crawley: 

Taken yesterday after art therapyTaken yesterday after art therapy

I think the quote in the windows ( a sentence that runs below the feet of the Angel pair ) is lovely too.

Highlighted

A good one for today: 6BCA3EB9-3C02-4BD5-9AA4-F0C8C8069105.png

Highlighted

Nettinoo, you made me smile as that was my son on Wednesday, he’s 19, so no

hope 😂😂 two extra loads of washing when feeling cra*py wasn’t great, I knew he’d been sick due to the smell of chicken nuggets in his room, as he wasn’t drowning his sorrows, just student night. 

I hope you managed to get back to sleep. Hubby alarm went off nearly an hour ago 6am as they went to visit Bristol uni last weekend, ( why not turn it off !!!!!!! so he is snoring away again, and I’m wide awake 

Trixielady, lovely to hear from you. I’m really suffering with the breathlessness, so I can sympathise completely. It’s just exhausting to do the simplest things. Hopefully these symptoms with subside and disappear very soon. 💕💕💕

Susie, I’m so pleased you managed to get home, without a drain too that’s great. Hope you’ve got some sleep 💕💕

implausible, when you mentioned  I really want to prove my Mr Negative onco wrong with his "sometimes the hair loss is permanent" fearmongering, Mine told me that I would loose all my hair cold caping on T, but I loss less than I did on FEC. I want him to

stop freaking people out and say it’s a chance not that it won’t be worth using while in T. What did he know. My oncology nurses said only if you freezer burn your head would you possibly get Permanent hair loss. 

Daisydi and Seaside, go for the Pringles if you  can’t have what your body wants with blo*dy BC when can you. 

With that thought I’m heading back to slimming world next week and I tipped the scales of adding 3 stone to that weight I’d put in while studying. I’m hoping some is still fluid, I can live in hope 🤪🤪🤪 but I don’t think not being able to walk very far is helping. Hopefully that will improve very soon. 

Ocean, I would be interested in online book

club, again I haven’t read much since this all

started, but I life in

hope that I will once everything calms down again. 

Rosina, you have still read quite a few books, I’ve taken down some of the titles, when I get the concentration level back, I love the hair cut, you look fab 😍

Edinbird, hope your ear ache is improving. There is nothing worse than a sore ear on top of all this. 

Marilyn, thanks for heads up on radiotherapy, I’m all ready to go, with non

basting potions and lotions, just need a date. 

I’m such an impatient person. 

Well ladies I’m still suffering bowel problems, porridge hadn’t helped, I’m giving it till today then may contact someone, but hoping it will resolve itself. ( might help with weight loss 😂😂)  I better go, have to talk daughter to work, the joys of feeling more human again 😘😘😘

Highlighted

Ok, so it’s now nearly 5am. I was just drifting back to sleep when I hear my visiting son trying and failing to find the keyhole with his key. I went to let him in and he is a bit worse for wear. He went out about 10pm (I’d been in bed an hour by that time) and looks like he has been drowning his sorrows after splitting with his girlfriend. He has now been in the downstairs loo for quite a while so I fear I am going to have to get up again and check he is ok. Is there ever an age where you can stop worrying about your kids so much? He is 31 for goodness sake. 😳 x

Highlighted

Hi Trixielady, lovely to see your name pop up, I’ve been thinking about you and wondering how you are. I hope you get some reassurance on Monday about the breathlessness. All these symptoms that pop up are so worrying aren’t they? If you are anything like me you will go through all the worst scenarios until some medical bod tells you otherwise. This was my 5th chemo so still one to go. I should have been finished by now but so many treatment delays. 

SusieB I’m so delighted that you managed to get home same day and that it all appears to have gone fine. Rest now sweetie. 

Implausible, Reading your updates are my treat of the day. They are always so interesting and funny. I know you have your Barry days but even then you retain your sense of humour. I think you rock the black clothing, bright hair, and trainers look by the way. Be who you want to be....always. 

Marlyn you always crack me up too with your hilarious comments. I would know you had forces connections even if you haven’t told me. In fact all of you lovelies can be so witty and clever, it’s going to be amazing when we can meet up. I may need to invest in some industrial sized Tena Lady. 😂 

Ocean was it you who mentioned a book club? I would be interested at some point in the future for sure. At the moment, I’m even struggling with audible, 5 FEC so far has made my brain very foggy. Also, I have a backlog of Xmas gift books from family piled up and unread as yet (feel bad about this but I hope they understand). 

Daisydi &....SeasideSar, Is that right? Craving the salty Pringles? Me too. I can’t eat them though as they take the skin off my mouth at mo but I seem to be managing numerous bags M&S salted caramel chocolate popcorn......oink oink! I now can’t decide whether my chipmunk cheeks are due to over indulgence or the steroids. Probably both. 

Edinbird, I was thinking about you earlier. We had to buy a new fridge freezer last week as other one packed up. Now it appears my washing machine and tumble dryer are starting to play up. We have them on a repair policy so hopefully will be able to get sorted. So that was 3 things and I thought the end of it but then the torrential rain caused a burst drain and rainwater flooding my front path. I could hear it from the bedroom. Could only manage to crawl out of bed, groan at it, take a vid and Facebook it and crawl back into bed. My husband reckons he can sort but I know his diy skill level very well so will be googling gutter and drain repairs next. 

Love to all. I hope none of you are awake on the roids this early as that will mean that you are sleeping peacefully. 

Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! 😴😴😴😴 xxx

Highlighted

Hi Trixielady, lovely to see your name pop up, I’ve been thinking about you and wondering how you are. I hope you get some reassurance on Monday about the breathlessness. All these symptoms that pop up are so worrying aren’t they? If you are anything like me you will go through all the worst scenarios until some medical bod tells you otherwise. This was my 5th chemo so still one to go. I should have been finished by now but so many treatment delays. 

SusieB I’m so delighted that you managed to get home same day and that it all appears to have gone fine. Rest now sweetie. 

Implausible, Reading your updates are my treat of the day. They are always so interesting and funny. I know you have your Barry days but even then you retain your sense of humour. I think you rock the black clothing, bright hair, and trainers look by the way. Be who you want to be....always. 

Ocean was it you who mentioned a book club? I would be interested at some point in the future for sure. At the moment, I’m even struggling with audible, 5 FEC so far has made my brain very foggy. Also, I have a backlog of Xmas gift books from family piled up and unread as yet (feel bad about this but I hope they understand). 

Daisydi &....SeasideSar, Is that right? Craving the salty Pringles? Me too. I can’t eat them though as they take the skin off my mouth at mo but I seem to be managing numerous bags M&S salted caramel chocolate popcorn......oink oink! I now can’t decide whether my chipmunk cheeks are due to over indulgence or the steroids. Probably both. 

Edinbird, I was thinking about you earlier. We had to buy a new fridge freezer last week as other one packed up. Now it appears my washing machine and tumble dryer are starting to play up. We have them on a repair policy so hopefully will be able to get sorted. So that was 3 things and I thought the end of it but then the torrential rain caused a burst drain and rainwater flooding my front bath. I could hear it from the bedroom. Could only manage to crawl out of bed, groan at it, take a vid and Facebook it and crawl back into bed. My husband reckons he can sort but I know his diy skill level very well so will be googling gutter and drain repairs next. 

Love to all. I hope none of you are awake on the roids this early as that will mean that you are sleeping peacefully. 

Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! 😴😴😴😴 xxx

Highlighted

Susie please to hear your out of surgery and back home xx surgery was easier than i thought but my arm is still numb from lymph node clearance xx Pee and poop haha isn't it to ensure the kidneys are working properly and the body isn't storing up trouble?? Xx

Edinbird pleased you got your ear sorted xx

MBJ so jealous enjoy your cruise xx

Rosina photo is fantastic, my hair is baby fuzz and couldn't explain the colour even if i tried, i can't wait for my hair to come back but I've never had short hair, trying to prepare myself for short hair and returning to go swimming with very very little hair xx

Ocean21, I do actually enjoy reading but i never seem able to sit for long these days without falling asleep, i enjoy Patricia Cornwell and just reading 

Daisydi can't believe the prices of pringles on the planes but love them too at the moment salt hurts my mouth and crisps are off my menu. Theres nothing more strange than families, so sorry about your sister xx

Seaside sar, do you not end up with a sore mouth from the pringels? Xx

Marlyn hope your doing ok getting through them rads although from what you've said the skin is taking a knocking, I'm currently using aloe vera cream and gel on my poorly red rash face xx

Deano hope your doing ok? 

Implausible, I've seen the photo of your son, how fantastic he could become my personal coach xx

I read back and so proud of you ladies for opening up on here about your life's so pleased how your managing now either by moving on or by working it out domestic violence at the hands of anyone is shocking and shouldn't be but i can understand more about it affects now xx

Sandraindurham I'm sure we haven't heard from you in a while, I do hope you're busy working through this and not going under we're all here for you both xx

Nettienoo I'm really pleased that against the odds you've managed this chemo regime was it your last? its been so barry difficult, I so wish we could wave goodbye but i suppose  we can thats one bit of the horrible journey over x

Well I'm back at the hospital on Monday for my herceptin injection got a funny feeling thats where my breathlessness is coming from as I'm two weeks post chemo and its no better xx

Highlighted

Daisy I was also after some Pringles the other day only to find my son had nearly finished them. He likes to leave about 3 in the tube which is really annoying. Why doesn't he just eat them all? So I  virtually inhaled a giant bag of Milky Bar buttons to go with my hot chocolate and marshmallows. Well, what can we do when the weather is so bloomin awful? 😂🤣

Highlighted

Well done Susie! Have a good sleep tonight 😊

Highlighted

Oh oh oh I cross posted with our star patient!!!!

Susie so glad it went so well!!  Now you get some rest and you can tell us all about it tomorrow.

Well done you absolute star!!

Sarah xxx

Highlighted

Hi everybody

I'm already shattered and tucked up in my bed at 20 past 7, I'm still so tired from this week!  So let me quickly catch up with you all before I drift off...

I didn't realise Susie was going home today (I had 2 nights in hospital after my lumpectomy as they didn't send me home until the drain came out), so yes you are probably right that we won't hear from her till tomorrow, Rosina.  Unlike me who was on Facebook spouting utter nonsense within 20 minutes of coming round from the anaesthetic 😄

The suspense though!!!!  I can't wait to hear how she is

Daisydi, the thing about your nieces and/or nephews blanking you after hearing your diagnosis is really sad 😞  It is weird how some people we thought were really close to us, just fade away when they hear about a scary illness. Almost like they think it is catching.  And then others step up over and above the call of duty.  I've got a friend who lives in Belgium who I only see once a year and we would maybe chat online once a month or so in between before I got cancer.  But he checks in on me every 2 or 3 days now!  I am running out of ways to answer the question "how are you feeling today?" 🙂  I think it is because his mum had BC too about 5 years ago....  he certainly checks in on me far more often than my own sons do!

Rosina, you look fantastic!  When I have enough hair to cut, I hope it looks a tenth as good as yours does short.  Did you say you are 50 next month?  You most certainly don't look it, and that is after the ravages of chemo!

Talking of hair... still no sign of any new growth for me 😞  I'm sure it will start to come through eventually.  I really want to prove my Mr Negative onco wrong with his "sometimes the hair loss is permanent" fearmongering 🙂

Oh... and Rocketman.  As you might remember I was in a delicate mental state when I saw it and cried like a burst fire hydrant throughout the whole movie, so my opinion may be skewed.  but yes I do think it was even better than Bo Rap. 

Nettie.....it sounds like you joined the club of the "just before the final chemo meltdown" , quite a few of us had that before number 6.  It must be a thing!  I think it is because you are just so bloody exhausted by that point and the thought of having to go through the horrid side effects one last time is just ugh!!!  And those horrid jabs too 😞   The end is in sight, but just not damn close enough!!  
I wouldn't worry too much about traumatising your boy, does them good to be reminded once in a while that mum is human!!

I hope today has been a little better for you.  Or even a lot better!

Sonia.... love the card!

I don't suppose our lovely Dr James will see this until she gets home now, as has presumably already set sail from Southampton (or do cruise ships have wifi?  Actually they probably do nowadays!) ...but bon voyage MBJ!!!

Rosina why are there sales now?  Are June sales a thing??? Off to investigate..... 🙂

I do tend to pick up some wild and wonderful trainers in the sales, presumably because I like the wacky colours and designs that all the sensible people pass on 😄  I tend to dress in black jeans, black t shirts, black hoodies....but on my feet I allow colour 🙂  and on my head! 

I hope you had fun at art therapy.  I almost did some painting today, but instead got sidetracked sorting out all my paints (I have so many!) into colour families.... at least they are now organised for when I *do* get around to using them.

Edinbird I hope your sore ear is calming down.  How did your super busy day go?  Made me sleepy just reading your itinerary 🙂

Susie we were also in Florida during a hurricane once, we were down in St Petersburg and got evacuated back up to Orlando, but even up in Orlando it was crazy!  Trying to remember which hurricane it was.  I know I did a scrapbook page in one of my old Disney scrapbooks about it.  I was due to meet up with one of my pals for lunch (she lives in Scotland so it was easier to meet up with her in Florida than at home :D) so I left my ex hub and kids at the hotel and drove up on the interstate to go see her thinking "ah it is just a bit of wind".  All the toll booths were unmanned, the interstate was deserted.  And just as I drove past a large body of water a huge gust of wind pushed me rapidly across about 3 lanes and I genuinely thought it was going to pick me up and deposit me in the lake 😮  😞  So terrifying!!!!  

I somehow managed to get back to the hotel alive.  What an idiot I was! 

I think Paul has totally missed the point of the baby mop, if you are going to put a broomstick up the poor little mite's nappy hole and sweep it around, he might as well just have a normal mop 😄 

PS I hope by now you have had something to eat and drink!  Nil by mouth is a bugger.

Seaside....  I hope your new slippers haven't ended up in anything unpleasant yet!  Blooming cats!  Mine rarely poops indoors but she is always eating things she shouldn't and then coming home and being sick in the most inconvenient places.  Most recently all over my.laser printer.  Ewwww.

I hope the rest of today has been nicer and less stressful after the M&S trip.

Daisydi your pringles post made me giggle 😄  it's funny I actually bought a tub of them this afternoon too, and it is very rare for me to be in a crisps mood.  Must be a recognised chemo craving and therefore most certainly not your fault in any way!!!!

Ocean, just how beautiful is the sky in those golden hour beach shots??? You really do take a striking photo 🙂

What was the book you read for book club this week?

Rosina the Gaiman/Pratchett book is Good Omens

I had also hoped to read a lot more while ill.  Trouble is, if I have been well enough to work, I've worked.  And when I'm not well enough to work, I'm also not well enough to read.  Plus I used to mainly read in bed in the evening before falling asleep whereas now I am always SO tired I am asleep before my head hits the pillow.  So I have actually read way less than usual the last 6 months.  I've only read 2 prose books in that whole period and I am hugely behind with my comic reading:(  I still pick up my comics every Wednesday from the comic shop but instead of reading them each week they are piling up and up.  I am months behind on some titles.  Makes me sad 😞

And on that sorry note, I'm going to go to sleep because I'm already fading!!!

Love to all x

Sarah x

Highlighted

So pleased your all done Susie.  Have a good rest now xxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone

Quickly read posts. Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Basically, I escaped hospital just before 5:00 pm after water toast and pee. Why do they have this facination for pee?  Haven't got a drain, more on that tomorrow when I'm more with it  Can't remember who commented on it but I am a bit tired, but not tired enough to sleep yet. And a huge THANK YOU  to you brilliant ladies who were honest and brave enough to tell me surgery would me much easier than chemo. I had been a bit sceptical as chemo  hadn't been too bad for me. It was absolutely fine and over in a flash. Will catch up later when hopefully I'll be a little more coherent . You really all are a very special bunch ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Highlighted

Just remembered 1 more  title: Healing Walks For Hard Times.

This was my favourite read, or the most suited to my needs at the time.

The Feather Thief coincided with my operations. It’s about a true heist involving theft of priceless feathers from the Natural History Museum ( UK) for the fly fishing obsessives. It was a good read.

Highlighted

Oops , sorry, Just realised its Ocean21 I am replying to re. Books.

Taking my son to basketball now. I have Chakra Yoga to read as I wait/watch.

Daisydi, I am eating horseradish by the tablespoon!

Highlighted

Hi Daisydi,

I would be interested in an online book group.

My problem is that I often have 3 books on the go and I swap about. Takes me longer to finish ( some I don’t finish at all or I return titles that I have started  much later).

I have piles of books under my bed ( to read) and a virtual list on Goodreads.

I thought I would read loads during my sickness leave but I have only completed 5 titles. So that’s not even 1 a month.

The titles were : 

The Feather Thief, The Overstory, ???? something funny by Gaiman and Pratchet which is being adapted for TV ( can’t remember the name) , The Choice ( autobiography) and The House of Spirits . 

Highlighted

Actually thinking about it I have been sweating so much over the past few days that I probably really am craving salt.  That's ok then!

Highlighted

Daisydi, Pringles are pretty salty maybe it’s that that your body is craving. I remember having terrible nausea during pregnancy , the only thing that I craved and that really helped was really strong ginger beer. Didn’t know the link between ginger and the way it can help nausea until I went to see a herbalist. I was just giving my body what it was telling me to.

Anyway, MBJ enjoy your  cruise.

Susieb , sure all will be well. Thinking of you.

Nettie, I wish I was better at crying and letting things out, spent my whole life being the ‘strong one’ and the one who gets sh*t done. Glad you felt better after .

Rosina , really love the new cut and the mindset. 

Today spent around the house. Had my book group meeting in the afternoon. Had an intensive listening session of the book on Audible  before the meet up. 

Id like to do an online book group. Was wondering if any of you lovely lasses would be interested in joining me. Let me know.

Love and big hugs to everyone.

Some pics for you.Stone bay Broadstairs.Stone bay Broadstairs.Alll next pics are Viking Bay BroadstairsAlll next pics are Viking Bay BroadstairsF17635A2-93B8-482B-9493-E82BE5DCE8E9.jpeg40FB6BCB-0A0F-4C6A-B846-088FE4B25247.jpeg

xx

Highlighted

Nearly ate a whole tube.  Disgusting behaviour for a fat girl!

Highlighted

Daisy, you made me titter.....you go girl, show the pringles who's boss! Xxxxxx

Highlighted

I CANT STOP EATING PRINGLES ....

Highlighted

Hi Implausible,

if Susie is having a full clearance as she says she is , she will probably have a drain put in.,

I think she will be very tired by the time she gets back home.

I am thinking of her too.

Looks like we all are.

Edinbird, hope you’re taking it easy.

Keep the fluid intake up. 

Highlighted

Just a quick pop in to see if we have any news yet from Susie.....

Hope all is going smoothly

Back later 

Highlighted

Edinbird so relieved you have got some antibiotics on the go. You have been so through much already you really don’t need any more problems eh? Xxx

Highlighted

The oncologist gave me a slap on the wrist for not calling the chemo line... but he was happy to give me antibiotics provided my bloods were good. So impromptu bloods done (given I’d barely drunk anything was surprisingly easy) and sent away with the pills with a phone call should I be neutropenic. No call yet and did bloods about 11... he didn’t think I would be after 10 days of injections.

So I not only have five days of antibiotics but I also have another nice jug of contrast dye to take yummy! 😝😂 thought I was getting an injection of dye but no just this to drink. That’s better only one needle in me today.

Walking to the hospital was a real effort though. At least I get to sit and relax with my lovely liquid! Thinking of you Susie hope you’re out and recovering well xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Bit late in joining you this morning. Had to go and buy some new slippers because I stood in cat poo! Ew! Trouble with having wood effect floor is it disguises the poop although the smell should have alerted me.

I definitely need a rest day as I was super grumpy while I was out. People kept cutting me up or walking into me. Was starting to think I was invisible or maybe it was the scary wig 😂🤣. Then in M&S I broke out into a nasty sweat while standing in the queue waiting to pay. Was glad to get back home, and yes the wig came off straightaway. Coffee and almond croissant consumed....and breathe.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is a late message to you, Susie but I hope you have gone down to theatre by now. Thinking of you and hope it's all done soon so you can eat! 

Also a belated happy cruising, MBJ. Enjoy every minute and relax. 

Rosina, that's a beautiful picture of you. Love the hair. I was going to wait another 5 weeks to get mine cut but I might have to bring that date forward now I've seen your lovely locks.

Nettie, those nasty injections are enough to make anyone cry. I would always shout Oh no! as my alarm went off to remind me. Keep ticking them off and thinking that's one less now. You are so close to the chemo finish line. Hang in there.

Edinbird, hope you get the earache sorted. Good luck with your busy day today. 

Marlyn, hope the new creams are helping to relieve the soreness. How many sessions left now?

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Sar xxx

Highlighted

Susie, I hope you are well away with the fairies by now. Thinking of you constantly and imagining that bloody gremlin getting kicked into touch. 

Rosina, you look gorgeous. Xxxx