69832members
367048posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

@MBJ wrote:

Hi Sonia28

Yes I had the bone infusion but I had it with the first chemo. As you know I was so ill anyway I really could not tell you whether the bone infusion gave me any specific side effects. I suppose I will find out next month as I am due for number two. I hope you feel better soon. 

MJB,

My oncologist said they usually give the bone infusion with the last chemo, but as i had so many side effects then he would give me a few weeks to recover. I'm really glad he did, not sure I could have coped with both. 

Doh I typed that other message at 9.15 this morning but didn't realise till I got home just now that I had never hit "post"

I had the super duper chatty driver again today.

Seaside, yup nearly 1 week down.  It has been a doddle so far.  I can feel that something is happening, but nothing is red or sore yet.  More just a little stiff.  And the actual sessions are straightforward and over so quickly.  The hardest thing is the breath holding.  It feels like a really long time sometimes until they let you "breathe away" 🙂

My driver tells me that the fatigue will kick in eventually as he sees it with everyone, they are all chipper in week 1 but zombies by week 4 😕  

Morning everybody 

Have arrived at the hospital a bit early today, as the driver hit a seam of free flowing traffic (very unusual for rush hour into Oxford!)

Edinbird, hope you are settled in well at the hospital and that they don't leave you waiting for too long.  

We are all thinking of you.

Rosina, your daughter is probably right that you *should* have ignored the rude, staring woman, but I'm really glad that you didn't 🙂  she deserved to be called out!

Hope you have a restful day ahead today to recover from the shopping expedition.

I have quite a busy day as chauffeur later as it is my young lodger's 17th birthday.  I have to take 4 of them to go karting just after lunch.  Then pick them up from there and take them to the Harvester where I've paid for them to have a birthday meal.

Least I could do for the kid really as his own mother, who is well off and lives with just her partner in a 5 bed house just round the corner (yet can't fit young Bill in the house somehow!) has planned nothing for his birthday.  She posted a card (despite living 5 mins walk away) with a £20 note in it.  That's it.  😕  

Good luck for today Edinbird xx. Well done on your new job. 🙌🙌

Morning lovely ladies,

Well done,  Edinbird on getting the job! Great news 🎉

And good luck for today. Let us know how it's gone when you're ready. 🤞💪

Sarah, it is indeed Genesis Care that I'm attending for my RT. Will investigate further for complementary therapies. How are you feeling so far? Nearly a week done!

Sonia, sorry to hear about your poor legs. I hope it eases soon. 

Rosina, sounds like you had a good day in London. Wowzers what a lot of steps! Have you got any energy left today?

I went to see Rocketman yesterday. Really enjoyed it but found it very sad. Next on my list is Toy Story which I hope will be a bit more cheerful.

My husband was going to take me away for a few days before radiotherapy starts but it turns out he has to work today. Boo! He should be able to take tomorrow off though so hopefully we can do a day trip to the seaside.

My son is off to Florida today to spend some time with his sister, although she tells me she couldn't get a single day off while he's there. Luckily, a lot of her shifts start at 4pm so at least they can visit some parks together in the mornings.

On the work front, I had an email from my new boss and she sounds nice so that's made me feel a little less anxious. Still really unsure when I'll be ready to go back though. There are also some unanswered questions about my role which will have to wait until next week.

Hope you all have a good day.

Sar xxx

Edinbird, good luck with your surgery today ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Morning Implausible 

in answer to your question 

“Rosina, good for you going wig/hatless in London.  In today's heat it would have been absolutely the right choice!   What was your final step count?”

Final step count yesterdayFinal step count yesterday

Re, my hair I knew I was getting looks but I didn’t mind the discreet ones. 

Two shop ladies were absolutely lovely:

1) one in &other stories who came over to assist me with their bath products as I was sniffing everything and testing all the testers. I told her I was passing the time waiting for my daughter who was in the changing rooms and she smiled and said ‘play all you like’ she was elegant and French. Looked at me in the eyes.

2) Make up assistant for Trinny London at Fenwicks ( yes , it was our 2 to last stop - I had just managed to hold it together in Victoria’s Secret: daughter looking for a bikini 😬 we actually got one at our last stop called Calzedonia which I had never been in and just sells bikinis and socks- helpful Italian staff) my treat. Young Girl ( they all seem young to me I felt ancient) very pleasant ( Dutch I think) colour matched me for the BFF cream which was soooo soothing and said she had a good friend that had been through chemotherapy ( young with young children, doing well) said hair grows back faster if it is allowed to breathe and not covered up all the time.

In the train for our return journey though I was gawped at for so long , that I exaggeratedly stared back at the woman , and used my hands to add elephant ears to the side of my head. She got the message and looked away in embarrassment.

Got a telling off from my daughter for doing this. Her advice is that I should just ignore these idiots as it’s their problem. I said that she was rude and without manners. 

My daughter is right though, I should have ignored her.

Have to take a leaf out of daughter’s book. Cool and unflusterred is the name of the game. Rude , goggle eyed women begone you don’t even register on my radar 👽

Thank you for your thoughts everyone. Woke at 5.30 and water cut off is 6 so just had some but since you all know how useless I am at drinking I’d rather be sleeping! Oh well up now. I hope I get a bed early on as I’ll definitely try to sleep then! Woke with a sore corner of my eye too which is unhelpful. And a cracked corner of my mouth. I’m so tired of being tired.

I can’t speak for myself but my dad had the bone infusion as he has (or should it now be had?) osteopenia. The first infusion he had flu symptoms for about six weeks 😬 so hang on in there people.

My taste has been fine for a few weeks now it was exactly a month yesterday since I had my last T.

Right time for my last swigs then I’ll be expected to get up and dressed and not sit about! I’ll let you know if I get an exact time later xx

Hi Sonia28

Yes I had the bone infusion but I had it with the first chemo. As you know I was so ill anyway I really could not tell you whether the bone infusion gave me any specific side effects. I suppose I will find out next month as I am due for number two. I hope you feel better soon. 

Evening all

I'm all tucked up in bed and I think I should just have time for a catch up before I fall asleep...

Seaside...is your radiotherapy place a Genesis Care facility like mine?  I know they have one in MK.  If so, I'm surprised you don't also have a Penny Brohn lady (the charity that does the complementary therapies).  To be honest you aren't missing out on an awful lot, the relaxation thing was pleasant enough but at the end of the day all it was was me sitting in a comfy recliner chair for 40 minutes while a nice lady told me to concentrate on a clock ticking, and the sound of my breathing etc.  I don't think it made a huge difference to my day although I guess it did get me to sit still and stop thinking about work for a bit 🙂

As for the dark nail varnish.  I religiously applied it to both fingers and toes right at the start of chemo, and am still keeping it going on the fingers.  Why I bothered on my toes at all I don't know as they never get exposed to light anyway 🙂

I did let mine chip almost all off a few weeks back through pure laziness, and that's when they started to get really sore.  Might be a coincidence, but now I've repainted them they have stopped hurting.  So I think I'm going to keep going with the goth nails a little longer....

Susie, I'm glad Chris had a good time at Werchter.  There is always one that forgets their passport!!  Toilets at festivals are so much better nowadays.  Makes such a difference!  I used to be scared to drink anything at all at a festival so I could put off needing to use the horrid loos as long as humanly possible 😄

As for your mum.  You are probably right that at 87 she isn't going to change!  Just have to grin and bear it I'm afraid.  You know what they say, you can choose your friends but you are just stuck with your relatives 🙂

Rosina I'm glad you got on so well at your R/T planning meeting.  Your radiologist sounds fun 🙂 

Now I know why mine said "well done" to me when I put my arms into the stirrup things.  I didn't realise that not everyone can do it.  I thought it was rather odd to be congratulated for just putting my arms above my head 🙂

I didn't get offered (let alone think to take) a gown, I just wandered about with my top off and my arms folded in front of my boobs somewhat defensively:)  it makes me laugh the way they put a screen up for you to take your clothes off behind, but then you have to walk out from behind the screen and all over the big room stripped to the waist and then get poked and prodded by all and sundry 🙂  why all the initial modesty with the screen? 😄

The actual CT scan I really enjoyed.  The machinery looks like something out of a sci fi movie!  I loved looking at all the components of the machine and trying to work out what it was actually doing:)

Daisydi that red patch on your ankle does look sore 😞  although I think you said it wasn't?  I hope the various lotions you've been given and recommended clear it up soon.  And hang on in there white nail!!

MBJ I have also lost all claim to modesty.  I'll happily flash my boobs now at anyone in a white coat, sometimes before they even ask! 😄

Hi lizandsarah from April.  I had the manky mouth from T from about day 5 in each cycle through to a few days before the next dose.  Flipping nasty isn't it.  It used to make me feel like my mouth was lined with thick grease all the time.  But when I went to scrape my tongue or the roof of my mouth there wasn't anything actually there.  It will pass eventually, promise!  I'm now 4 weeks out from my final dose of T and taste buds are 100 percent fine.  Still got the fatigue and sore knees, mind, but that seems to be minutely improving day by day.

I know it is difficult but try not to worry about stopping chemo early.  If your onco is suggesting it then he/she must not think it would be detrimental.  And I think it is fairly common.  A couple of the ladies in this group have done the same.  I think I would have jumped at the chance to miss my last dose of T if I'd have been offered that option!

Rosina you are, as ever, an inspiration.  One week after each dose of T I could barely get out of bed, let alone head up into the big city for a shopping day! 😄  Glad to hear that you are finding cycle 6 a little easier.  It was completely the other way for me, 6 was the worst one.  Still recovering! 

Back to Susie .. I get that on my palms too from slapping on suncream.... like prickly heat?  But I don't get it anywhere else.

Those berries look delicious!!!  (I say lush too 🙂 )  And I love the puffin 🙂

Daffydilly, thanks for popping in with some reassurance for Lizandsarah

Rosina, good for you going wig/hatless in London.  In today's heat it would have been absolutely the right choice!   What was your final step count?

Sonia sorry the doc couldn't fix up your swollen feet/legs straight away, and I'm sure that the heat isn't helping:(  hopefully the oh so sexy compression stockings will do the job soon!

Edinbird..... well done on acing that interview!!!!  I do sometimes wonder if, with these consultation periods / restructuring things, whether the interview is just for show and they have already made up their minds, as presumably the people making the decisions knew you and the other applicants already.  But either way, it shows that they really wanted you for the job 🙂  either they had already picked you because they already know you are great, or they were being properly neutral and you were super amazing in the interview.  Go you!!!

All the very best of luck for surgery tomorrow (you are having quite a week!!), we will all be cheerleading.  Along with Missy.  Try not to worry too much as it will be all done and dusted before you know it.  And the general anaesthetic will give you the best sleep you've had in months!!!  Please do let us know when you are out and awake.  Even if it is just a one word message.

I wonder why they want you in so early?  In my hospital it is 7.30 for the morning patients and 11am for the afternoon ones....  maybe they are thinking they might be able to bump you into the morning if they get any cancellations?

Daisydi I'm so glad they saved David Attenborough the seal!  I saw the photos online of the horrid wound from the frisbee 😞  makes me feel guilty for all the times I played frisbee on the beach with my dad as a kid, we lost a few of them to the sea.  Didn't even think in those days about the damage it could cause 😞

And lovely Nettie with the poorly bonce 😞  ....I did kind of have an early night, honest.  Was in bed by 8.30 but have been typing this up ever since and now it is nearly 10!  😄  I tried:)

Thanks for making me laugh with the nipple story 😄

Glad your headache is easing a little.  I hope the cocodomol helps.  Did the doc have any idea what was causing it? Sounds like more than a standard headache 😞

I think that's everyone.

Sleepy time

Oh .... I forgot me....  am now 3 down 17 to go on the rads.  All good so far.  Have now had 5 different drivers in 3 days.  They are a mixed bag.  This morning's fella very chatty but also very sweaty and whiffy.  Ewwww.  
Am super tired but that is more from the early starts and work being crazy busy than from the treatment itself.  I expect I shall start to feel the effects of the actual rads soon though. 

Night all x

Daisy, my nails are tender but still there, they have broken now, but I think that's because i'm doing more.

Well done Edinbird on the job, and good luck tomorrow xx

I was being cocky today saying that i was nit suffering any of the bone fusion symptom, now I'm sat shivering then boiling and boy my body aches. Anyone else having or had it yet? I think MJB has, just wondering how long it lasts?

xxx

Hi everyone, just popped to catch up with all your news. It's been very quiet here today.

Sonia, I'm sorry to hear about your lymphoma diagnosis. It just seems to be one thing on top of another, so I'm not surprised you were reduced to tears. At least you've retained a sense of humour with your hobbit feet☺. And as for describing the fruit as lush, that's a very west country word. We'd never heard of it until we moved to Somerset.

Edinbird, brilliant news about getting the job you wanted. If the travelling is too much will you be able to go back to your original work location but do a different job?. I know you can do that in the Civil Service. You've got a long time to wait tomorrow. At our hospital patients having afternoon surgery don't have to arrive until 11:00am. That said, the time does pass quickly, especially if you spend it talking on here. The strange thing I found was that I got incredibly hungry and thought I would have a problem after surgery with hunger pangs and feeling faint. After surgery I didn't feel at all hungry. Love the name Missy for your angel and I'm sure she will take good care if you🌟🌟🌠

Daisydi, I'm sure it won't be long before you manage that beach walk. One step at a time. Today was a start. Hope the rash clears up soon. Also glad to hear the update on David Attenborough the seal. I read about him when he was first rescued so it's good to know he's well and been released back to the wild☺.

Nettienoo, glad the headache is improving. I know sometimes a headache can get worse because we start to stress about it which makes matters worse. Hopefully stronger meds will help. You WILL make that finish line next week,  we're all routing for you I'm sure. 

Glad you're ok Implausible apart from being tired. Hope you get a good night's sleep🛌🏾😴😴😴.

As for me I can't wait to start on T and experience all the fantastic side affects it has to offer. Crikey, 💩 tasting food, again, oral thrush, rashes, lost finger nails, aches and pains, suits of armour, more hair loss(?), and they're the ones I can remember. Oh joy😭😭😭😭

Have a good evening everyone. Hope all of you who haven't been on here for quite a while now are ok.

It's quite warm here so we're off to the summerhouse with drinks (non-alcoholic). That may change later🥃🍷. xxxxx   

Glad you feel a bit better Nettie.  Not long now. Big hug x

On another note has anyone else lost any finger nails.  I am sure my white one is falling off and now I'm thinking that all the others may follow.  I have put a plaster on it for now.  Is there any flipping end to this???

Edinbird, well done on getting the job, so pleased for you. You’ll be just fine tomorrow. A little tough cookie like you will cope amazingly well. Missy will be taking care of you. I’ll be thinking of you. 

Sonia, I really hope those compression stockings bring you some relief and get you a bit more mobile. 

Implausible, early night tonight eh? 

Daisydi, keep slapping on the creams and ointments. I currently slathering O’Keeffes Hans Cream on my hands (recommended by pharmacist) as I’ve been washing my hands so much recently my knuckles are split and sore. It seems to be working. 

Rosina, accompanying your daughter around the sales in London. Wow lady! You are like a little Duracell bunny. I hope you managed to go to a shop you like and treat yourself after all that. 

SusieB,  I too have lost all  inhibitions about getting my boobs out for all and sundry. My husband thinks it’s hilarious. When I was having my heart scan before chemo, I was in a tiny cubicle lying on a narrow bed with my bestie squeezed on a chair next to me. At one point I had to turn over and lie on my side with my back to the sonographer and nearly poked my friend in the eye with my one remaining nipple. All three of us ended up in fits of giggles. 

I’ve been at the hospital again today to have a review after Monday. Bloods counts ok. Temp good. Onco has given me cocodamol prescription for the constant headache. It feels like a dull ache now rather than the intense pain I’ve had since Sunday. My headache was so excruciating last night I really thought I was having an aneurism or something similar. So scary. Hopefully with regular, decent strength pain relief things will start to improve. I’ve just got to carry on with the antibiotics and fingers crossed be ok for final FEC next week. 

MBJ sad to hear about your dear little cat. Sending hugs. Xxx

@daisydi wrote:

Implausible are you ok. Not like you to be so quiet!  

I'm here and all is good. Thanks for noticing I was gone (you were probably enjoying the peace 🙂 )  I'm just crazy busy with work and absolutely shattered!

Hoping to be able to write a proper post tonight before I pass out! X

Well done edinbird on getting the job, we never doubted you!! And good luck tomorrow...will be thinking of you love xxxxx

Edinbird our posts crossed.  Well done on the job and good luck again for tomrrow.

Winterton beach has just been on the news as they released a seal back into the wild which they named Sir David Attenborough.  He had a plastic frisby stuck round his neck and it had cut into his neck and he was very close to death.  So lovely to see him go back even if it was on the tv!

Sonia so sorry to hear that.  You have had enough to deal with as I have.  Hopefully the compression stockings will work for you.  I must admit I hated wearing them after my ops for a week.  Really feel for you but I am with you on the walking.  I have just about managed a short walk today.  Wanted to get to the beach but just couldnt do it.  Dont know where you get your energy from Rosina.  That cream arrived today that you recommended and I have put it on the other spots to see if it helps and will leave the ezcema for now as I am using the antibiotic stuff and I think it has taken some of the redness out.

LizandSarah I think it took a couple of weeks, maybe 3 to get my taste buds back but I could taste an Indian takeaway fairly quickly!  Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

Edinbird hope you are ok and good luck for tomorrow. How did your interview go?

Implausible are you ok. Not like you to be so quiet!  Hope everything is alright. Hows the radiotherapy going?

Love to all xx

Hi all xx

Sorry for my absence - I can now let you know I got the job! Eek! I was happy either way I think, there’s travel involved which concerns me but it’s still doing the work I have been trained for and enjoy so I’ll give it a bash and see how I fare.

Preparing to give the lump a bash tomorrow. My angel is called Missy as I find myself addressing her that way when I put the ointment on her! Need to go and pack my bag now. I’m just so tired from everything thank goodness I can ask for something to help me sleep tomorrow (and what’s the betting I forget?!)

I’ll probably be more chatty tomorrow since I’ve to be there for 7.30 but I’m not due until the afternoon so will be bored...

Hello ladies, I just thought I’d let you know I’ve been to GP about my swelling as advised by nurse yesterday at bone infusion, Gp said it’s lymphoma in my legs, gave me exercises to do, I was pretty much doing most of them, and I will soon be the owner of some compression stocking 😢 I burst into tears when he asked my how I was, I felt sorry for

him jr Dr, but had just finished his rotation on the oncology wards. He just hadn’t given me that magic cure for my fat legs and feet. 

Rosina, hope the shopping trip has gone well, you amaze me I certainly couldn’t be walking round London and I’m 4 weeks post chemo, I have seen slight improvements.

Susie, love the photos, fruit looks lush 😋

Liz and Sarah, after docetaxel  I got oral thrush each time, but I got my taste buds back usually the week I was due chemo again, then this time it took about 3 weeks too. 

Well better go cook tea  with my with what I now describe as hobbit feet 😜

sonia xxxxx

Well done Rosina, with the walking. As for going au natural, that's the beauty of London, there's so many people going about doing their own thing they don't notice other people and what they look like. I was less self conscious in France than in my own village and Yeovil. xx  

Hi SusieB 

its just ships for teenagers that do me in especially the music 😳

So far we have done : Topshop, Zara, Miss Selfridge, Urban Outfitters. &otherstories. 

Lunch was fab , I sort of fell into this place that looked like a spa on the outside and was called Aqua and it turned out to be a delicious Japanese restaurant with a terrace.

So having recovered I am once again sitting outside changing rooms blocking this awful music.

I am very proud of myself as I am going about with my mad Einstein bald patch hair and sunglasses. 

K1 is a good bargain hunter as has braved the sale racks ( which look like a jumble sale 😬) cannot wait for a coffee break 🙏

8,500 steps so far. 

Hi Rosina

Thanks for that.. Hubby will be wondering where his Chinese cooking oils have disappeared to in a few weeks time🤔🤔😃. Being bored AND hungry in London doesn't sound good☹. xxx

Hi lizandsarah,

lm from Dec 18 thread and was due to have three fec & 3T like you but was stopped after 5 th dose because of side effects. My loss of taste was horrendous - most things tasted vile and textures were all wrong. Lots of people seem to get taste back to normal after a couple of weeks, but don’t panic if it takes longer. My last T was middle of March and am only now nearly back to normal. It did improve gradually, but a few good days were then followed by a really bad one again. I guess it depends on how bad the side effect is to start with, how long it takes to clear.

As for stopping before last dose, if risks outweigh the benefits, it’s not worth continuing. I was told that the five doses I had should be enough. No guarantees either way, but was so relieved not to have to go through it again.

Good luck for the future.xx

Hi SusieB, 

its regular sesame oil that you would put on your salad or cook with. The Holland and Barrett one is good. 

The retail therapy is for my daughter. I am bored and hungry, but she has earned this 🍉

Some photos for you all. The cheeky puffin is a photo of a photo that we've got in our hall and frequently brings a smile to our faces. We caught him taking nesting material from other nests when their occupants left to get food to build his own nest 

Raspberries and strawberries homegrown of courseRaspberries and strawberries homegrown of courseGeraniums and lavenderGeraniums and lavenderIcelandic puffinIcelandic puffin

Morning everyone 

Warm and sunny down here in Somerset and guess what, off to the hospital this afternoon for PICC care so won't be out in the garden☹.

Thanks daisydi for the information about  Evonail, I'll add it to my shopping list. The photo of your eczema looks nothing like what I've had in the passed, nor what has just flared up on my palms. My fault since I slapped on the sun cream which always causes a reaction on my palms but nowhere else. A mystery for my docs over the years. Anyway need to be more careful with my left hand, the side recently operated on. 

Nettienoo I hope that the hospital can sort you out. That headache sounds as though it's quite debilitating.

Rosina, what an upbeat  post about your rads pre- assessment meeting with the radiogragher. She sounds lovely. As for the green tattoos will they disappear or are they permanent? Also, silly question alert, is the sesame oil the stuff you cook with as opposed to a 'medical' equivalent? I've already bought some Corcodyl. As you may have guessed I want to be armed and ready for whatever T is going to throw at me🥊🤺🔨🗡🔫. Off to London for a bit of retail therapy now I'm jealous. Enjoy your day and don't spend wisely🛍🛍👠👠👡👘👙👚☺. 

Edinbird wishing you all the best for tomorrow. I'll be imagining your lady evicting your unwanted  trespasser and replacing it with her beautiful star🌟

MJB, totally with you on the I don't care any more about being topless etc. It was quite funny on Thursday when the nurse wanted to see how I was healing my husband asked if he should leave the room. It's not like he hasn't seen it all before. I don't think he likes to see me being poked and prodded around. I'm just like yeah let's get on with it☺. 

Have the best day you can everyone. xxx 

Morning Ladies, wishing you all well.

I am off up to London today for some wandering and retail therapy 🤗

Feeling very well, no muscle aches ( I think I have fully escaped them) this time round. The odd twinge ( just to remind me that there is medicine in my body) but nothing like the last 2 sessions.

Nettinoo how are you?

Hugs to all,

Rosina

Morning Lizandsarah.

I completely sympathise and understand.

I have had 3 doses of Docetaxel ( last one last week) and each time my taste buds were shot. It would take at least 2 weeks for them to recover. 3 weeks for perfect condition. 

On this last run, it doesn’t seem as severe as my food does not taste like cardboard and I can pick up sweet, sour and spice, and today is 1 week post dosing #6.

I have been religiously  tongue scraping and sesame oil pulling in the morning , on a daily basis ( since Docetaxel started - dose 4) and find that this helps clear my furry tongue and soothe my mouth. I have also gargled with mouthwash (corcodyl) in the evening after brushing my teeth as my throat seemed to be extra sensitive and this helped ( I did this for  2/3 night’s post dosing - no more sore throat). The oil pulling is called oil pulling because it does ‘pull’ gunk up when you are spitting the oil out after swilling it in your mouth for around 10 minutes. Don’t swallow the table spoon of sesame oil. Just swill and spit. The tongue scraping first though the remove excess gunk first ( apologies for being so explicit)

Hope this helps.

Rosina

Hi ladies, 

Just popped over from April to ask a question for those who had Docetaxol.

How long did it take for your taste buds to return properly after chemo finally finished? It's driving me mad that I can't taste anything at all and makes meals miserable and wastes a fortune which is driving my husband mad! (He's an accountant!) . I got only one day after first cycle where I got back taste for sweet such as strawberries. Then I was given cycle 2 and back to no taste within 24 hours. 

My chemo might be stopped at cycle five due to other side effects even on lowered dose, anyone had experience of this as well?, as I'm concerned about long term risk of not completing (on 3 x fec, 3 x T) fully. 

Thanks Doc! x

Hi DaisyDi

The cream the GP gave you does have a combination of an antibiotic and steroid in it so should take away the inflammation if it is eczema and deal with a possible skin infection try  using it for maybe a week but if it seems to be getting worse then you should probably go back to see the GP, also if there is no difference in about a week then the cream probably isn't working. Bit of trial and error I think. 

Hi MJB the cream the GP gave me is Fucibet cream fusidic acid/betamethasone. Cant see that it contains cortizone but I do have other creams and I have ordered some of the calendular cream that Rosina mentioned.  It is not itchy but I am still taking the antihistamines I had for my T allergic rash.  It is not dry either and it is much redder than the picture suggests.  In fact I didnt know it was there at the beginning until my sister noticed it.  It is not hot either but looks horrible!

Hi Rosina

Glad your into to radiotherapy went well. Funny how we get not to care about our privacy so much it's as if our bodies are public property somehow.  I felt the same last week having my ECG. Wig on the chair no bra you almost go past caring about it. But to be fair the nurse was lovely. 

Thanks Rosina will have a look at that cream.

Hi DaisyDi

This does not look like typical eczema to me. Is it dry on the top , itchy and does it feel as if you want to scratch it until you get to the bone. If so then it's probably eczema. Have you been given cream with cortisone in? Because if it is eczema then that's the only thing that will really get rid of the inflammation. Gosh I sound like Dr Google 😃

I have such a bad headache I haven’t read posts today but I hope people are having better day. I still feel pretty awful. Back at hosp in morning so will see what they say. Xxx

Hi Daisydi,

that red patch does look sore and itchy ( just like eczema). 

The calendula cream by Lyonsleaf is lovely and I still use it. No skin problems.

Seasidesar, I painted my toenails dark navy but I have removed it 2 weeks ago without any problems.

Evening thought I would show you my so called ezcema.  Actually may not be quite as red today but certainly getting bigger.  Also my finger nail which is a bit blurry but it is mainly white.  Very strange.  Susie I have used Evonail and my nails have held out really well until this happened so I dont know now whether its good or not.  It has a UV filter and is clear so you dont have to wear that dark varnish which I started off with but it always chipped off within minutes.  I'm not sure how long to keep doing nails Sar.  Im just going to continue with the Evonail until it runs out.  My toenails have dark purple varnish but I dont really want to see them at the moment as they are still sore.  Just noticed on that picture that I have hairs growing on my legs.  Bit of a shame.  Will read posts and come back later.

My so called "ezcema"My so called "ezcema"funny fingernailfunny fingernail

Hello Ladies,

my rads pre- assessment went extremely well today. I hit off with the radiographer when I told her this was the BEST CPD ( continuous professional development) I had had. She said ‘well that is one way of looking at it’. She needed to get me a chair to sit on and I replied ‘I’d get it if I knew where to go, do it all the time at work. I am a teacher ‘. Then I explained special needs ( science background) and we both laughed . She was very jolly, petite and only 30 and the head radiographer. We had a good chat and she has a wicked sense of humour ascribing her diminutive size to a job hazard ( lethal radiation has shrunk her) apparently some people believe her 🤪I really liked her. When she saw my scar she was impressed ( guessed the surgeon, well she gave 2 names and 1 was mine) she is able to recognise the surgeon from the scars. I think the 2 she named are the very neat and tidy ones. So yeah to Miss D ( my surgeon). She was also very pleased that I could place my arms (stretch them out above my head exactly as she wanted them- not everyone can). I told her I did my exercises like it was my new religion.

I have green tattoos done by a nice male radiographer, who also was amused as I kept saying that I was imagining to be at the beach and that the scanner made a noise like a jumbo jet and that it was very comfortable lying on the ledge . I had forgotten to bring my dressing gown ( well it’s thick and fluffy like a yeti outfit is what I said ) so I had a Hospital gown provided . I think I really don’t care anymore I could do a Jack Nicholson in ‘As Good as it Gets’😂

I also kept saying ‘I ‘ve done chemo so this is fine’ which I am sure they must have heard before.

Re. Creams they also recommended Aveeno and E45 and Aloe Vera gel. Head radiographer had heard of the Waterjet system but said that there wasn’t enough evidence to say that it’s better than the stuff they recommend.

Going to watch ‘Killing Eve’ now.

Spoke to Mum in law on the phone- it was good to hear her.

Hugs to all,

Rosina 

ps. Implausible I used meditation whilst in the scanner. Great way to chillax🥰

Hi everyone 

Chris arrived back with his mates late last night from the festival in Belgium and were really quiet, not that they needed to be since I hadn't gone to bed much before they turned up and hubby can sleep for England🛌🏾. I discovered this morning why we didn't hear them leave. One of the lads discovered he'd left his passport at home in Brighton, so they left here at around 1:00am, which is when something woke us up, but didn't know what. It was them leaving as quietly as possible. Mystery solved. Chris  wasn't happy since he'd been to work that day, so had hardly any sleep. Anyway he enjoyed Wertcher and he saw the artwork on the containers Implausible. The music was great and the facilities were excellent, even the loos🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽☺.       

Ocean21 beautiful photos as always, thank you. Glad you don't have to see that awful  radiologist again, he seemed really creepy. I expect you're glad to see the back of chemo. Another hurdle jumped. Hope the weather is more tolerable now.

Seaside Sar,  thanks for bringing up the subject of nail varnish. I was going to ask who's used it and did it help? Was it you Ocean21 who suggested Nunail? Actually any tips on what helped and what didn't whilst on T would be most welcome.   

Implausible I've tried the everythings fine, nothing's changed, there's nothing to tell route with my mum, but nothing has worked. To be honest she's always been like that and at 87 not likely to change☹😠. I'm just going keep calm and carry on. Not easy when, like your sister,  we get the tears and we never know why. Perhaps I should tell her there were still live cancer cells so that she would perhaps have something to worry and cry about and get the attention and sympathy she wants from us and her friends. 'Everything is fine' doesn't  lead to that kind of attention. Sorry off soap box.

Anyway that's about it for now. All the Best xxxxx

Morning or is it afternoon?

Lovely to hear from you, Ocean and thanks for the gorgeous photos. I'm glad you're feeling OK and that your chemo is finished. Also good to hear you won't have to deal with that radiologist again. Those temperatures are scary! I like hot weather but even for me that's a bridge too far.

Sarah, it sounds like you've had a frustrating morning waiting for the taxi. I am a bit jealous of the alternative therapies you're getting though. Sounds very nice. In the (private) hospital I'm attending, the best on offer will be coffee and some fruit 😁

Question: When can we stop using dark polish on our nails? I'm truly fed up with the colour and with seeing dark streaks on anything white that I have touched! Can't wait to use a light summery colour. Will be binning the lot at the earliest opportunity.

How is everyone else today?

Nope,  not the same driver every day, Marlyn.  In fact today I've had different people in each direction, so there have already been 3 different drivers and I'm only on day 2!

Neither of today's chaps have been talking machines like yesterday.  Bit of a relief really 🙂  

And I guess I *could* book complementary therapies every day but I think that would be a bit much.  

I had "mindfulness and relaxation" today which was pleasant.  I nearly fell asleep 🙂

Nettienoo 

how you feeling today love? Xx

Implausible, your comment about the side effects made me titter, can you actually imagine if they were all positive ones? Us lot would be the healthiest best looking gals in the world!! Sorry you had to hang about this morning, will you get the same driver everyday? Gosh....you'll feel almost related by the end! And I have to say I'm most impressed at what's on offer after rads, is that everyday? You'll be a right fancy pants by the end...Also.....love the photo of the boots walking over mushrooms....

ocean....so relieved to hear from you....great pics too! 

Rosina....I'm really enjoying the book you recommended...healing walks, it all makes so much sense.xxxx

Ocean 21

Lovely pictures as usual. Gosh it has been hot with you. My daughter in Abu Dhabi is always complaining about how hot it is but at least out there they are geared up for the heat with air conditioning everywhere. 

Good on you to complain about your radiologist, and I am impressed they changed your practitioner.  I wish now I had complained about my oncologist as he was pretty hopeless, no individual care really and hardly any discussion. Knowing Wales there probably was no other choice though.

I hope you have a nice day and your hands improve.

Marie x

And once again our group is a riot of glorious colour:)  I really like that stripy flower on the last post....

Great to hear from you Ocean, I was starting to get worried.

Glad you have survived the heatwave!  Is it calming down a bit now?

Happy to report that my sore finger and toe nails seem to have (touch wood) calmed down now.  So hopefully you won't be looking at months of it after all?

I'm sat waiting for my driver from the hospital.  They say he will come between 8 and 8.30.  So of course I have to be ready for 8.  But it is now 8.38 and no sign.  I can't even get on with housework while I wait as the kitchen and utility room are right at the back of the house (in an extension, so through thick walls), and I can't hear knocks on the front door from there.

It is nice having a chauffeur and all but I'm irritated now as I could have had another half hour in bed! 🙂

D6DD01E1-42CB-41CD-8B76-76700DBD5E8D.jpeg0F6F5D84-5CAB-4A75-AAE5-CDD348AB119D.jpegE3752ABB-ACCF-47EF-8F85-86648B8B744B.jpegACB7160D-DCB7-4BFF-957D-DB7D2468BC3C.jpeg28647A70-8DD4-4286-90BF-20552945518E.jpeg1505E814-AD7E-4C37-882F-E792C04513B5.jpegE966A41D-EB9A-4E5D-A89D-79B341124305.jpegQuinceQuince

Sweet corn.Sweet corn.4EC5921E-5309-495B-BFBF-C8EE1A084011.jpeg7BB9CB7E-6E4D-476F-B8C6-AC9D07C3A568.jpeg4C42D604-392F-40D2-B43A-588F5234E09E.jpeg