68541members
360528posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Highlighted

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Hi Implausible,

back home.

Have has a 2 hour nap 🤗

The walking does help with sleep.

The rash looks very angry and red. Have you got anything to help it cool?

Wow , your sister lives in a lovely part of London if she can get to the Ladies pond once a week. 

When I do go I will make a day of it and take a picnic .

Deano , I think horses are gorgeous animals. Like Implausible said are they your own?

MBJ good on you for going out how you want. 

I decided to cover my head with that headband yesterday but I could tell that people were looking at my eyes/eyebrows when glancing at me. 

My walking buddy yesterday said it says more about them than anything else.

I just can’t be bothered to spend extra time trying to fake not having a ‘cancery’ look. Tomorrow I will go and buy a baseball hat though as I don’t have one.

The skin on my little toes has really toughened up and my legs are definitely stronger.

Off to do some ironing and maybe watch season 2 of KE ( although it is starting to test my patience may find something else instead).

Hugs to all,

Rosina

Highlighted

MBJ (and Deano too) - don't worry, the rash looks way worse than it feels.  Not sore at all. Or itchy. Just a little warmer to the touch than the rest of the skin around it.... it cleared up within a couple of days last time so fingers crossed it will again.  Otherwise I'll pop some sudocrem on it.  (Allergic to bepanthen unfortunately)

And good luck with the wigless walk 🙂  it is actually quite liberating.  I got fed up with my hat and fake fringe about halfway through yesterday and decided to go without as it was much cooler that way.  Got a couple of slightly odd looks but the vast majority of people just didn't even seem to notice.

Deano - Daisydi also had a white nail and was worried it might get loose or fall off, but I think it is hanging on in there so far.

Do you have your own horses???

@MBJ wrote:

Hi Implausible

Your legs look sore. Maybe some baby nappy rash cream would help as it's probably caused by wetness and heat you could try Sudocrem or a good one I's Bebanthem. 

I am going out with hubby and dog for a walk in a country park and ice cream. FIRST TIME OUT WITHOUT MY WIG. I will take some photos 🤯 scary but it's time to start a few non posh trips out without.

Highlighted

Hi Implausible

Your legs look sore. Maybe some baby nappy rash cream would help as it's probably caused by wetness and heat you could try Sudocrem or a good one I's Bebanthem. 

I am going out with hubby and dog for a walk in a country park and ice cream. FIRST TIME OUT WITHOUT MY WIG. I will take some photos 🤯 scary but it's time to start a few non posh trips out without.

Highlighted

Hi Implausable

your legs do look sore but it will go with rest and staying out of the heat - my hair is at the fuzz stage I have a bald patch either end near my ears not come through there yet but fingers crossed. I was told give it 3-6 mths for hair eyebrows and eyelashes to come back which I have resigned myself to. My only issue now is the tingling in hands and feet and numbness on soles of feet my thighs and calves are really stiff it takes me ages to get going I sit down and become 90 year old again. 

I have to sort horses out in morning and ride last week and paid for it ever since I usually lay down until tea time or do chores cook etc or sleep and I struggle to get in this forum at times but I do read the posts and glad we are all coming out the other end.

does anyone have white finger nails mine have all gone white this week they are not coming off the finger just white and tingly not sure what to do with them really?? Leave them or put hardner on??

love you all the pictures the stories etc ❤️❤️❤️

Highlighted

Rosina you are amazing!!!  I said you would more than double my step count from yesterday, didn't I 🙂

Unlike you however, my walk half killed me 😄  I am hobbling about like a 95 year old today 🙂

I've also now got horrid sweat rash around my ankles from walking in jeans on such a hot day.  I got the same from Glasgow last weekend but it is much worse this time.  Not had this before this year.  I wonder if it is down to chemo making the skin more sensitive?  Hopefully not forever!

PhotoGrid_1562500877650.jpg

It cleared up quickly last weekend so hopefully it will again.

I've also got peeling/cracking skin on my hands, but I'm wondering if that is down to the lotion that the reflexology lady put on me on Friday.  Maybe I'm allergic?

I'm falling apart!!!   😄

Back to Rosina....  really glad that you have managed to largely escape side effects in cycle 6.  Got to say for me it was by far the worst one.  And I'm still suffering the effects.... fatigue etc....  but improving day by day.

And as for the women's pond on the heath.  My sister has swam there at least once per week in all seasons and weathers for over 20 years.  She says there is a great community there.  She has moaned a lot in recent years though about it being taken over by "instagrammers"...ie young peeps who only want to swim there so they can boast about it online:)  I think it gets pretty crowded nowadays now that the public have "discovered" it.   I think before recent years it was mainly older, slightly eccentric ladies who swam there!   My sis is 65 and she said she was the "baby" 🙂  She advises going early in the morning before the crowds.

Deano, lovely to hear from you.  I was also terrified about the gen anaesthetic before I had my first one a couple of years ago.  Wrote long goodbye letters to my kids in case I never woke up!!!  🙂  Now I almost look forward to them.   There is something deeply relaxing about that enforced sleep....  and you don't feel it happening at all.  I was halfway through a sentence telling the doc about my holiday, and I finished the sentence in a different room hours later 🙂  

I'm jealous of your hair, as I am with everyone else's 😛   still no sign of new growth for me 😞  beginning to think that my onco jinxed me, when he kept saying the hair loss might be permanent!!!

Right I need to go do something, anything.  I've been in bed all morning recovering from yesterday!!

Love to all

Sarah x

Highlighted

Morning All,

Ladies pond, Hampstead Heath, when treatment is over I want to swim here.Ladies pond, Hampstead Heath, when treatment is over I want to swim here.

Hike totalHike total

the Hike was brill yesterday. Good company too. I am convinced that the walking helps with keeping the side effects at bay. No muscle aches or pains after last T . I am still stunned by this. I did feel a few twinges but nothing like it had been before.

Anyway here are some pics from yesterday:

Start of hikeStart of hike

I am at my Mum in laws now in the East End of London. She is recovering well. Yesterday’s route was London Bridge to Battersea Park, Hyde Park, Regents Park, Primrose Hill, Hampstead Heath, Kentish Town, Camden , Euston train station. We were planning to end up at Trafalgar Square to see a bit of the Pride Festival but having walked from 9 am to about 4.40 pm we both thought that we had done enough.

Diane was good company. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

🤗

Highlighted

Hi Susie

yes I have read your posts and thanks for the top tips my surgery is next wed so I am pretty nervous about being put to sleep but another hurdle over with I guess. My legs and arms are really stiff after I walk etc I feel like stretch Armstrong at the minute and 4 weeks on I am still fatigued the joys of the T 

On a plus I have started to grow hair it’s very white and short but it’s hair!!!! I could feel it moving in the wind so xcited - no eyebrows or eyelashes as yet though xxxx

Highlighted

I'm a bit jealous of all this walking as I can barely put one foot in front of the other!

Highlighted

Hi everybody 

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, assuming it is as sunny where you are as it has been in London today.  Phwoar what a schorcher, and all that....  ir was it Phew?  Anyway, it's been boiling all day and I am very much enjoying the cool breeze coming through the vents on my train home 🙂

Have been to the big city today to visit my tiny sketchbook at 'The Other Art Fair' at Kings Cross.

They had all the books in a little suitcase which had been made into a teeny bookshelf.  Cute!

20190706_123021-picsay.jpg

20190706_121027-picsay.jpg

That's my book open on the top in the second photo.... I put it there for a photo op  🙂

I saw my pal Carmen there, the one I was supposed to meet in Edinburgh the other month but I didn't make it.  It was good to see her, better late than never.

After the art fair we travelled the Victoria line end to end hunting for street art, first in Stockwell and Brixton, and then back north of the river in Walthamstow.

Some highlights:

Not really street art.  The light tunnel at Kings Cross station, all lit up for Pride :)Not really street art. The light tunnel at Kings Cross station, all lit up for Pride 🙂

A paint jam at the Stockwell hall of fame, lots of artists out painting today in the sunshineA paint jam at the Stockwell hall of fame, lots of artists out painting today in the sunshine

Jay jumped into my panorama :)Jay jumped into my panorama 🙂

Another cool panorama glitch with the bicycleAnother cool panorama glitch with the bicycle

20190706_154135-picsay.jpg

20190706_162800-picsay.jpg

And then we found a cool shop called "God's Own Junkyard" that sells awesome neon signs:20190706_172137-picsay.jpg

Favourite #1Favourite #1

Favourite #2Favourite #2

Have done 21.4k steps so far, and still have to get home from the station.  Shattered.  But happily so.  That distance has half killed me, so I am eagerly awaiting Rosina's report back from her big hike today as I expect she did twice as many at least! 😄

Seaside I only just pipped you.  Go us with the walking!

Sarah x

Highlighted

Hi everyone from a warm and sunny Somerset🌡🌞. Just a quick pop in.

Well done Seaside Sar on getting to the beach and  managing such an impressive walk☺. 

Implausible I had the same as you regarding the stitch and glue fix. I found it ok even though the wound from the ANC was a lot longer then I expected but Paul didn't like to be able to see everything in all  it's glory🤢😲. As for the rads that's one week out of the way and don't feel bad at not being your normal chatty self. Hope the cramp improved.

Edinbird, I've just  seen Jencat's post and using clingfilm over my PICC line was suggested by a nurse. Not perfect, but worth a try. As for washing and coping without being able to use deodorant I've found Simple facial wipes are handy, especially when it's hot.

Trixielady good to hear from you. When are you due to go on holiday? Bit of a sore point with me as I should be flying out to Greece tomorrow🛫🛬🏖. Instead I'm visiting my mum and brother for the day☹☹☹☹☹☹☹. Not quite the same.

As for me, I'm gradually developing another tennis ball, hubby's description is more of a soft ball so I guess I'll be getting that drained again. Hopefully I'll be able to get it done when I'm at the hospital anyway for PICC care. 

Have a good day my lovely ladies, or in some cases the best you can as I know some of you aren't as well as you'd like to be. xxxxxx 

Highlighted

Morning everyone,

I made it to the seaside yesterday, yay! We drove to Heacham Beach South, parked up and walked all the way to Hunstanton and back again. What a lot of steps! Rosina, you'll be proud of me.

Screenshot_20190705-233337_Samsung Health.jpg

We sat on the beach to recover and it was very peaceful there.

Will be resting today.

Have a good day everybody.

Sar xxx

Highlighted

Hi all

Sorry another quick reply because I'm bushwacked

Went to the cinema this afternoon as all of my work were at their summer party, so I figured I could get away with sneaking out at 4 to see the new Spider-Man film.  But I got bad cramp half way there so ended up limping the rest of the way there and the whole way home.  And that has wiped me out completely!

Seems like there are a ton of different approaches to the wounds and dressings , which makes it all the more important that you leave yours well alone until you can get advice from the nurse, I think, Edinbird.

Mine were like Susie's by the sound of things.  Internal stitches and glued together.  I did have dressings on in the hospital but they took them off before I went home.  I was told I could have quick showers but no soaking in the bath....

As for all the various hormone treatments, I don't yet know what I'll be having, the doc said he would get to that once I've finished rads.  (Talking of which, one week down! Woot!).  They did do a blood test the day of my last chemo though and declared me post menopausal.  So presumably it won't be tamoxifen.  I guess I will have to wait and see.  I hope i get the daily tablets not the infusion every few months.  I don't want to have to keep going to the hospital for 10 years!

Sorry that's all i can remember.  Brain so sleepy!

Will be on a train for an hour tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed I'll manage to post to you all properly then (if my other half doesn't suddenly decide he wants a conversation 🙂 )

Love to all

Feel bad I've been so quiet this week but it has been non stop busy 😞  I suspect the next 3 weeks will be the same!

Sarah x

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird, I was told not to get the dressings wet. I used to put clingfilm round my boob and stick it with tape so that I could have a shower. (I can't remember who told me to do this, my daughter thinks it was the nurse) x

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird 

Glad to be of help. On the dressings front I didn't have any as I was internally stitched then glued together on the surface. The glue was ok in the shower so long as I cleaned the area gently and didn't rub it. It has slowly dissolved away since my surgery. I didn't have any bleeding or discharge at all. You'll know if a swelling - seroma - is developing  under your arm as the area will become swollen and soft. My surgeon described it as a golf ball, I was more tennis ball when I had mine drained. Try and get a bra on, if you can, as that will help make things feel more comfortable. Have you got a small cushion to put under your arm when you go to bed? I think daisydi had a heart shaped one, mine is horse shoe shaped. Also during the evening rest your arm on some cushions or an arm rest. Have you got to do arm exercises?  Most important of all give yourself time to rest and recuperate, that's an order. xxx

Hi Deano,  I don't know if you're reading these posts or not but hopefully you'll find some of the information I've given to Edinbird helpful. Take care xxx

Highlighted

Keep the wound dry. This is VERY important. 

I washed my head by leaning over the bath tub, kneeling on the floor with a towel around my neck. H1 helped me to begin with and my daughter also. Then I figured out how to do it myself.

Then sponge wash rest of the body or angle the shower so it hits you from the waist down.

Highlighted

Hi Ladies 

I'll have to read back over to check how you all are xx

Today I have seen my oncologist, he's starting me on Letrozole ( Not Tamoxifen as the surgeon had said don't think she believed I was postmenopausal haha and will continue to arrange a bone scan and bloods until they come back to normal levels!! But if I feel well enough i can go on holiday wow can believe it, 

Apparently the reason I needed chemo was because i have microscopic cancer and apparently only time will tell Just think he doesn't like giving 100 reassurance, next herceptin injection is on Monday and its my birthday and boy it feels good xx

Always thinking about you all xx

Highlighted

Thanks I’ll definitely ask the nurses on Monday. I just don’t see why my booklet talks about steri strips and how they might wash off in the shower if they are to remain covered? And checking the wound when I can’t see it. It’s only two days to wait. I can’t wash with the dressing the way it is under my arm it’s open at one end the whole thing will fill with water and get soaked. I can manage without a wash let’s hope I don’t sweat too much!

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird, 

to reiterate what MBJ has said : you don’t mess with your dressings. A nurse needs to do this.

You ( and SusieB) are very lucky to not have a drain. I did and I hated it.

On the positive side a nurse visited me at home to check it for the 3 days it was in so she checked everything.

I can remember that once the drain was out. My dressing was still intact ( it did have a waterproof cover) and I was not allowed a proper shower (sponge wash only) for about a month as the wound area had to stay dry.

The dressing was actually removed by my breast surgeon but I cannot remember exactly when ( I think it was 3 weeks after surgery which was 13 December , so Xmas etc intervened).

I could only sleep on my left and I had to make sure that the drain bag was in its pouch and between myself as H1 as I think it was secured by 1 stitch.

Also some mild pain is one way of keeping you safe and aware of what your body is dealing with. Pain killers can lull one it to thinking that every thing is fine and then people do stupid things. Rest, take it easy. I hated coco demol (only took it once and I am sure it made me pass out).

I only ventured outside once the drain was removed (so I was indoors for 3 days). 

Walking up and down the stairs is exercise after an operation.

Best wishes,

Rosina

Highlighted

Thanks, I have no appointments at all. They talked about waterproof dressings but one isn’t sterile at all since the top has been open since I left hospital as it’s come unstuck and the leaflet I have tells me to check the wound but I can’t see them if I leave the dressings on! I think I will leave them until Monday and try and ask the breast nurse then. I wish I could remember what they said but I was too woozy 😕

Paracetemol was fine this morning and not needed anything during the day but I have dihydrocodeine and I’m gonna try that as my next sleeping aid!

Highlighted

This lovely quilt just popped up on my FB feed.IMG_20190705_175601.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird

I agree with Jencat, unless you gave been told to remove them and indeed given sterile dressings to put back on I think you should leave them in place. Do you have an apt with your BC nurse to see your wounds soon? Hope you are feeling a bit more comfortable. I found I needed co codamol after my surgery as paracetamol was just not enough. Unfortunately I am allergic to Brufen (there is a surprise I am allergic to everything). Take the Brufen in between the doses of co codamol if you need to. Take care x

Highlighted

Edinburd, when I had my lumpectomy I didn't remove the dressings myself. I had to go to a local walk in centre a few days after the op to have them removed and redressed, so it might be worth checking if you're meant to take them off yourself. Hope the pain is beginning to ease xx

Highlighted

Thanks Susie that’s really helpful. Everything is swollen right now so it’s hard to tell! How soon should I take the dressings off? One has a lot of blood on it another has a sticky patch that keeps sticking to my arm.

I haven’t put a bra on yet I’m thinking I might need to but I need to get my extenders out since I’m swollen and do have pain a lot lower down than I thought I’d be.

Highlighted

Edinbird sorry to hear you've had yet another rubbish night's sleep. I know you had problems before surgery but you may find the next couple of weeks or so uncomfortable for sleeping but that will get better, promise. I found I was getting pins and needles in my right arm as I couldn't sleep on my left side at all until a couple of nights ago. If my lay on my back my hubby kept telling me I was snoring😪😪😪😪☹. I wasn't in much pain but then my boob scar was in a different place to yours, maybe yours is in a more sensitive place. Oh and I've still got a lovely area around the nipple that looks like a bruise but is from the dye. I took paracetamol for the mild pain and found it helped when doing my arm stretches. As for the sore throat that improved after the first 24 to 36 hours, strepsils helped a bit. Keep an eye on any swelling under your arm and don't forget to contact your bc nurse if it gets too uncomfortable as it may need draining which isn't painful at all. Take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Your body has been through a lot these past few months. ❤❤❤❤💐💐🌹🌹🌹 

Highlighted

@MBJ wrote:

Hi Sonia 28

Just a thought why don't you just wear the underwire on your good boob and take it out of the one that's had surgery. Might work?? 

I’ve gone for wearing one of your old bras with an extender on today, and see how I go, maybe back to on wired when having radiotherapy, but feeling more comfortable today than I have in awhile in this heat. I’m hoping I will get my reconstruction surgery by Christmas, 

Highlighted

Marlyn, I’m glad you survived the 1st hormone tablet. I’ve got to admit they scare me too. My Onco has been reluctant to tell me which one I’m going to have until after chemo. She says she wants me to just concentrate on each step at a time. She probably thinks I will rush off to google and scare myself witless if she tells me too soon. Xx

Highlighted

Not moving much for a bit is ok Edinbird. Just rest as much as you can. If you haven’t got a drain in, you should start to feel more comfortable fairly quickly. Bound to feel very sore at moment though after all the manhandling yesterday but you are doing well. Xxxx

Highlighted

Hi MBJ xx

No drain - they only took out a few lymph nodes not the whole lot (though I know Susie had them all out and no drain either). So just a scar under my armpit and one above my nipple plus blue dye which seems to be around the nipple from what I can see just now with most of the area covered.

Just laying here now not really wanting to move since I’m tired and moving hurts!

Highlighted

Good Morning Everyone

Oh pitty you did not sleep Edinbird I think once your pattern goes out of sync your body almost forgets how to sleep. I hope you feel more comfortable as the days go on. Do you have a drain under your arm where they took the lymph nodes out?

Marlyn I had the bone infusion with my first chemo so no idea how I dealt with it as I was so ill anyway. Let you know when I have it in August 😱.

Implausable glad you survived your first week of rads. How you will survive your driver's though I don't know!

All you other lovely ladies I hope you are feeling well and enjoying the sunshine. I have decided with pressure from hubby and daughter not to do the Rock Choir on Saturday for the air show. Mainly because of the crowds and how far I would have to walk from the car park to get to it all ☹️ very disappointed but after my recent heart issues I suppose it's sensible really. But it's a real bummer. 

Highlighted

Hi Marlyn xx

Sleep? Hmm no. Despite me asking they still wouldn’t give me anything to take, and they wouldn’t have for just after anaesthetic anyway. I slept for about an hour then woke up feeling less dizzy so got some pizza and sat up about two hours. Then spent the night changing from half sitting to on my back to on my good side as the procedure wore off and everything started to ache. Coupled with hand keep going numb since when I was on my back I was better with my shoulder on a pillow which meant my hand was raised too and kept losing sensation. Gave in at 6am and took some paracetamol and have been trying to rest since. Got a sore throat on one side too likely from the breathing tube.

So just very uncomfortable for a different reason than normal - although I did also find I was hot when I woke some times. Can’t just switch that one off sadly!

So the quest for sleep goes on and unlikely to be improved with two healing wounds 😞

Highlighted

Well, I've woken up this morning still alive, the anastrozole didn't kill me in the night....although I did have a nightmare where I was being pulled from the bed with someone grabbing my "silly boob" .....when I actually did awaken it was hubby reaching over trying to wake me as I was saying "ouch ouch ouch" huh...

mjb, I will be on the tablet bone strengthener ......2 a day for 3 years....begins with a C ? The nurse gave me a choice.....I didn't fancy the cannula....how you getting on with them?

edindird.....I'm praying you had the sleep of your life?? Let us know how your feeling when your able?

love you all xxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Marlyn

I started the Letrozole on 16 March I know because it's my birthday. So over three months now. Nothing to really complain about sideffects wise, well other than the irregular heart beat when on the cruise. But I think that was the Prosecco as I should not have drunk it due to my allergies. Trying to hard to be 'normal'. Will you be having the infusion for your bones or the tablets?

Highlighted

Hi Sonia 28

Just a thought why don't you just wear the underwire on your good boob and take it out of the one that's had surgery. Might work?? 

As I have had a reconstruction I don't wear underwire I think it would be still too uncomfortable, and anyway my pert new one isn't going anywhere 😃.

Highlighted

Edinbird, speedy recovery. 

Nighty night

Highlighted

Hi all

Just a quickie as I'm mad tired again, and the rads area is starting to get sore now which is a pain as I can't get comfy in bed.

Just wanted to say a big hooray to Edinbird for getting through surgery and home already

I'll reply to everyone else properly as and when I have any energy ever again

Hope everyone is ok x

Sarah x

Highlighted

Sleep well Edinbird. Glad to hear it went ok today. 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴 x

Highlighted

Hi Edinbird 

Glad to hear you're back home. Now get some rest and hopefully a good night's sleep🛌🏾😴😴😴.

All the Best, Susie B ❤❤  

Highlighted

Edinbird glad its all over.  Now have a lovely sleep.  Night night xx

Highlighted

Not sure about the bra question Sonia.  I suppose if it feels ok for you then it cant do any damage can it?  Maybe ask the girls from an earlier thread?  Good luck with it x

Highlighted

I’m home, all went well, exhausted, wobbly. Appointment to get results is 24th. Excuse me whilst I try and finally have a good night’s sleep...!

Thanks for all your messages ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Highlighted

I started a post this morning then finished with a long post only to find it would post, so lets see if i remember what i wrote highly .

Implausible, well done on nearly completing week one. i think it's lovely what you've done for Bill, my daughter has a friend who spends lots of time at ours,as her family don't have a lot of time for her. Families nowt  strangers.

Rosina, the soup looks lovely and I love the red shoe quote.

Seaside, The weather is perfect to sit out in a summer house, making me very jealous. I'm sure your son and daughter will have a fab time together. I want to see rocketman, and I can report that story story is a feel good film x

Marilyn, I love your sense of humour xx 

Netti, I hope they have sorted your headaches, and your feeling better.

Trixielady, I hope you are okay, Haven't heard from you in a while, thinking of you.xx

Daisy, Small steps and little goals and I'm sure it won't be long before you get back to the beach xx

I'm sure I forgotten loads,

Ladies do you know if and when we can wear an underwire bra? as I have rather large breast (only one atm) and the non wired  bras give me no lift at all, and my boob tends to feel like its just resting on my large stomach. 

Put in prescription for my stocking today, 7-10 days wait, looks like that won't help any time soon. 

lots of love Hobbit feet xx

Highlighted

Mjb, 

how long you been on the letrozole now? It's nuts that iv done 4 cycles of fec but it's the tiny hormone pill that frightens me! I need to reign it in a bit, I'm driving hubby mad.....will be starting the bone strengthening meds soon too.....how will I cope???? 

Highlighted

Hi Marlyn

I am sure you will be fine. I am doing ok on the Letrozole which is more or less the same drug. Hardest part for me in the beginning was remembering to take them 😃. Never had to take any regular medication before.

Xx

Highlighted

Well done Maryln.  Look forward to hearing your progress x

Highlighted

Well ladies....I've only gone and done it...I've taken my anastrozole pill ....I'm now literally sat here waiting for every single side effect to kick in......wait a minute...I think my finger nails are itching....a new side effect do you think????? Oh eck! 

Highlighted

Red Shoes.   C4E63619-6BDD-4864-907B-E335838E1CFA.png

Highlighted

Susieb

just remembered that you had asked about the tattoos. 

Well they are tiny dots, my daughter snorted when I showed her ( I guess she was expecting something more tattoo like 🥴) and said ‘Mum they look like moles nobody would know.’ Which is exactly what I want as yes she is right. They are not green either. Tiny black dots. One on either side of my boobs and one in the centre of my breast bone (this is the largest dot but still small). I will be able to wear V neck T shirts and if it was visible it would not look odd. The green ink has washed off.

I understand that the 3 dots help them to line me up correctly in the X-ray machine.

Off to nap now, didn’t go to Tescos, raided the fridge and cupboards and based on what was there I found an appropriate soup recipe.

So today we have ‘Carrot and Cardamom’ and it’s delicious ( seeds of 8 cardamom pods go into it) so that is our cardamom stash used up.Carrot and Cardamom SoupCarrot and Cardamom Soup

image.jpg

Highlighted

Rosina, well done with all those steps. I've often wondered how many steps you can achieve walking around London especially when you include the underground and wandering around the huge museums.  I did have a fitbit  but never took it to London with me. As for the elephant ears, you go girl🐘🐘😃😊

Seaside Sar, hope you get down to the seaside tomorrow especially as the weather is set to be hot and sunny🌝🌝🌝. Glad to hear your new boss seems nice. Although it was tough at the time being made redundant  I'm so glad I don't have to worry about work during this Barrying bc. It seems to give many of you problems you could well do without.. 

Implausible a busy day for you. As for looking after Bill you seem to be doing a stirling job and obviously doing a better job than his own mother. With what you're going through at the moment and still looking after his needs she should be ashamed. As for the reaction on my palms from sun cream, I end up with very dry skin that then flakes off, sometimes, but not always it will itch. The other reaction is for me to get tiny watery spots under the skin that then burst then get really itchy or prickly.That's when I will need to be extra vigilant with my left hand, the naughty side.

Marlyn I'd be a bit concerned if I thought my meds were talking to me😨😮🤔. Your sense of humour has no bounds😆😅. Hope you get around Tescos ok.

Hope you're ok Edinbird. Let us know how you are when you feel ready. xx

Take care everyone xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Marlyn,

I am off to Tescos too.

Thanks for your feedback. I do feel like I should have behaved myself.

My mum ( phone conversation) said I should be careful as I could have started an argument ( she is right - all sorts of lunes out there: ‘Did you just insult me bro ?  ‘ types and next thing you know they have biffed you one or goodness knows what else 😳).

I think the trigger more than her staring was that her mouth had fallen wide open but she has talons and a weave and is the next Kylie Minogue / Cheryl Cole ( or whatever she is called these days) / Beyoncé etc that its ok to have no manners .

Then again I need to be more ‘zen’ and rise above it.

Highlighted

Thinking of you edinbird, little missy has your back as we all do...

oh Rosina....you star you! I love that you did the elephant ear thing to that woman, you've made my day...

Glad the rads are going well implausible, will be interesting how you feel as they go on, fingers crossed you won't get hit as hard as me...I'm now 2 weeks post rads ( the really bad bit) and have to say...it is!! I truly feel like the walking dead....and to top it all I have my box of anastrozole sitting on the kitchen counter saying....you know you have to start me today....go on...I dare you....( with wicked evil laughter) 

off to tesco now, will be draping myself over the trolley just to get around....

love you allxxxxxx