68552members
360561posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Highlighted

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Thanks for the map Edinbird, I totally get it now. 

Gorgeous sunsets and beaches where Daisydi lives though, this must somehow compensate for the parking aggravation.

The only other thing I can think of is she asks a friend to help out or finds out if the hospital runs some pick up/drop off minibus scheme.

Apparently mine does ( they keep extremely quiet about it as it is for the very elderly/disabled not sure who else) but another aquaintance of mine had to take her very elderly dad for radiotherapy and she has a walking stick and swollen legs and she used this minibus service for this purpose. 

She even gave me the number.

I have never used it and nobody except for this lady has ever mentioned it to me or have I ever seen any posters or information about this service at the hospital.

So it may be worth enquiring as it cannot only be Daisydi that has to deal with this problem.

The  numbers she sent me are PTS Sussex and PTS ETA.  Am I guessing right that PTS stand for ‘patient transport service ‘ ? Don’t know what ETA stands for but this lady wasn’t making this story up. It was also a door to door service so it really must be for those with limited mobility/ very elderly. 

Worth checking out.

Edinbird I am a 32C and I got the ‘medium ‘ most of my swelling ( or whatever it was - felt more like I had a brick under my arm) can’t have been swelling as I had the drain, general numbness and bruising I guess. I bought the bras pre op as I could not imagine doing any kind of underwear shopping post op. The crop tops are soft and stretchy ( pull on pull off) I kept them on continuously in the beginning as I didn’t have great mobility in my right arm ( the operated one) and getting them on / off became part of my exercise routine.

So pleased that my right arm has regained full functionality 7 months down the line ( even switching the shower on had to be done with my left).

Highlighted

Sarah I bought that one first and it wasnt very good for my skin.  The one I have been using is in the same kind of bottle but I think its called intense skin relief in a black background instead of green.  I have not seen the one you have been using.  Will have a look online.  Thanks.

Thanks for the map Edinbird.  Shame you're not here now!  We could be cancer buddies!

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

Daisydi, I'm fine thank you. As for your journey to Norwich it's about 30 mins longer than ours to Taunton hospital, which is for us on the other side of Taunton itself. We don't have a bus service there either☹.The good thing is they do have free parking in an allocated area for people having rad treatment. My problem is with the driving. Although I am in no way a nervous driver I just can't do long journeys and have to stay on familiar roads. So I'm ok around Yeovil, although I will only drive in on certain roads. I have read that this is a fairly common thing, but sometimes difficult for me to explain and people to understand. So upshot is, unless my local hospital can arrange transport Paul will have to take me there everyday and possibly work from home. One of his work colleagues will have the same problem since his wife  has recently been diagnosed with bc.   

Edinbird on the bra front, still, I bought an m&s post surgery tee shirt bra which is the most comfortable of the 4 that I've bought. Rightly or wrongly I gave up wearing a bra at night. It was too uncomfortable and things kept digging in. Also as I've said before I wear my birthday suit to bed so not used to wearing anything. Although I do wear a PICC line cover. 

Implausible thanks for the extra information regarding the Aveena, I'd have bought what you originally did. What has everybody else tried?

Rosina you mentioned sesame oil when on T. How did you use it and was it for prevention rather than cure?

As you've probably guessed I'm getting armed and ready for CT and rads🔫🔫🏹🏹🗡🗡🔨🔨.

Will catch up more tomorrow. Take care and have a lovely evening everybody xxxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Hi

Just popping in super quick re Aveeno

I bought this one at first, as I didn't realise there are a ton of different things called Aveeno:

20190712_184546-picsay.jpg

That turned out to be the wrong stuff

The right stuff looks like this and costs about £15 for an 11oz tub:

20190712_184450-picsay.jpg

20190712_184509-picsay.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic but I've so far used about a third of it, which is about right as I'm 2 weeks into rads now and I will need to continue applying it twice a day for the next 4 weeks (remaining 2 weeks of rads plus the following 2 weeks)

That is applying it *very* liberally everywhere, all over and around the boob, right up to the neck, over into the armpit etc.

Absolutely no redness or soreness anywhere yet.  Just a little tingle on the skin which feels a little like the early warning signs of sunburn 

Highlighted

I have created a helpful map to show Daisy’s predicament!

Blue arrow is where Daisy lives

Red arrow is the hospital

Yellow arrow is where I’m from if anyone is remotely interested 😂

31CB5C97-5C2D-42EC-A203-A6C37366CBD2.jpeg

Thanks for the link Rosina, I’d normally be a small in these but at the moment I think I’d be a medium... don’t really want to end up with something that’s too big in the long run. The bras that seem uncomfortable in bed are my normal size but I have put one of those extender things on the back so I have a wider band for now. It’s been fine all day. There’s an M&S near work so when I’m driving again I could go in and look.

Your eyebrows experience sounds good. I’m having to pluck mine plenty they really don’t seem to have changed at all! Considering I spent £225 on them before this all started... I don’t really feel like spending the further £50 to have them topped up. My eyelashes continue to be sparse but I don’t think it’s very noticeable... my eyelids seem to be constantly puffy though is that because of that? I guess with my glasses on you don’t focus on them. Was also looking at my nails, they’ve grown back to a decent length now and don’t seem to be flaking anymore. Even my rogue toenail isn’t falling off it just looks a bit grotty. Don’t want to speak too soon but hoping they’re all ok. Need to try some walking I’ve only been out once this week see if my legs have magically got some strength back too!

Highlighted

Oh Boy , Daisydi, I feel for you.

Rosina

Highlighted

Rosina I live in a small village at the end of the universe or you would think.  No bus service to Norwich as I cant go to my local hospital for radiotherapy.  There may be a bus an hour but they dont go very far!

Highlighted

Me again, my dupe for not being able to swim in the sea :

Smells amazingSmells amazing

Although, it will have to be before rads start and once they are over. Hello bath 🛀 time 🤗

Daisydi is there no bus service to your hospital???? I have one that takes an hour (stops every where) another that does it in 30 minutes .

Ocean21 and Implausible hope you’re ok.

Marlyn here is another funny story ( well both I and the girl at the Benefit counter in Boots were laughing) I went looking for a darker eyebrow pencil so I described what the LGFB had given me ( too light ‘auburn’ but better than nothing). So she removes my fake brows and takes as long as I take to do 2 eyebrows to draw one back on. When she gets me to look at myself in the mirror I tell her that the brow was ‘too perfect ‘ and could she ‘ mess it up a bit ‘ ? Which she did - and then she did my other brow ( dark brown) and it was lovely to see my old self again. I said if I took that long to do my brows I would never leave the house !

Which she found hilarious as I said some days I just didn’t have the energy for brows , and I also said ‘perfect’ is a word that doesn’t exist in my vocabulary anymore.

For some reason we were both laughing and she admitted that some mornings even getting up was hard work.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Highlighted

Link For  Edinbird:

2-pack-non-padded-full-cup-crop-tops/p/p60177952?image=SD_02_T33_7002A_F4_X_EC_90&color=NAVYMIX&prev...

After coming out of my sports bra ( which I wore continuously after surgery round the clock- can’t remember for how long at least 3 days as drain was in and I didn’t want to move anything 😬)  I switched to these which are fab. Still use them so not a waste of money.

Highlighted

Daisy I think I’m just being tight not wanting to spend any money on bras and also not wanting to buy any more clothes as I already get moaned at for what I have!

I guess at least you’ll be ok getting home after rads as it will be quieter then. I’m so lucky where my hospital is, even if I don’t drive to work it’s so easy by bus. Just want to know what’s next now so I can work out how it fits with the new job. Want to get signed up to the Maggie’s course too, don’t know what the waiting list is like.

Highlighted

Edinbird there were no disabled spaces free either!  Its not so bad if I have someone with me as I can jump out if it gets too late and leave them looking for a space but I expect most of the time I will be one my own so will just have to deal with it.  I agree about getting sports bras on but I bought a couple that were bigger sizes and found it much easier.  Also had a couple with zips which really helped.  Yes to keeping an eye out for Aveeno.  Its £7 at the moment but goes down to 4 or 5 when on offer.  Will need an industrial size bottle.

Good news about the job!

Forgot to mention Susie B in previous post.  Hope you are ok x

Highlighted

Daisy wish I had a magic answer to the N&N parking situation... I don’t suppose even a blue badge would help? Have you considered one? Given that you’ve been using the mobility scooter. Shame you can’t run that along the Acle Straight, you’d probably get there in about the same amount of time! 

I have some sports bras but I think they would be too tight and tricky to get off in particular, I always needed to be a bit of a contortionist to remove them. I’m sure they’d squash my swollen areas too much. I’ll see what it’s like tonight, it’s been fine all day. I also think my mattress might need turning.

Finally work have announced a lot of the people who’ve got jobs as I was anxious having had nothing in writing. But I now have an email asking me to revise my flexible working plan ASAP... have told them it will have to wait until Friday when I’m back to work. I’ve been told the parameters so it won’t take long. They can’t do the contracts without it but I’m sick so tough! Waiting to talk to my boss about my phased return, I have an idea but as usual he’s not got back to me which is frustrating but there we go.

I’ll keep an eye out for offers on Aveeno and stock up now!

Highlighted

Hi Ladies 

I hope everyone of you is having an ok day. I am getting used to my exercise plan I found to do for the lymphodema I think I do feel better but my muscles are aching a bit ( just shows how out of condition I am). But it feels good to be doing something active and positive. 

We have a friends and family night in Rock Choir next Thursday to raise money for charity, guess what it's going to be for breast cancer fair play to them all. So I shall be asking for the money to go to Breast Cancer Care who run this forum and also the moving forward course I did and the Becca app. I am also going to do the bucket collection in our local Asda in October. 

Edinbird,bras were my main source of pain and discomfort. I think I spent a fortune on them. I think a sports bra is the best, tight but good but get one that you can do up in the back as some have to go over your head, I could not have managed that, but then I had a mastectomy and reconstruction. If you have some swelling maybe go up a size and reduce the cup size that's what I did. I found the Wings of Love from Amazon the most comfortable and they come up nice and high at the front so don't push your boobs into that cleavage shape which gets to feel uncomfortable. 

Hopefully we have our ground workers coming back on Monday (at last) so been outside with hubby going through what we are having. I really hope they turn up. 

Have a good evening girls x

Highlighted

Hi all, Ive treated myself to a new phone so have had all kinds of problems logging in to everything but I think I am sorted now.

Implausible you dont have to apologise for not writing long posts.  We only want to know if you're ok and anything else is a bonus.

Edinbird maybe try wearing a sports bra, thats what I did.  There's nothing to dig in and no clips or anything to worry about.

Rosina you did make me laugh last night.  Been there done that especially at the moment as I seem to have developed a really annoying cough!

Nettie hope you are managing ok.

Maryln glad you have no nasty side effects from Anastazole.  Makes a change!

Sonia sorry to hear you have to wait so long for answers.  Must be torture for you and your family.

Seaside hope you got your tooth sorted.

Yesterday I had my hair cut as it was really breaking at the ends every time I combed it.  Still losing so much but in strands and I can really see my scalp but I am lucky so I am not complaining.

Today I went for my radiotherapy planning, as expected traffic was awful and there was nowhere to park and had to drive around for ages.  Lucky I went early.  Have to give myself at least an hour and a half to get there and park.  Just know I am going to get really fed up by the end of my treatment.  I will not have to do the breath holding.  Quite surprised how uncomfortable it was and I was laying there for ages with my arms up but hopefully wont take that long for treatment.  Those tattoos hurt!  Well the one in the middle of my chest did.  They said Aveeno was good to use but I can have a good chat before my first treatment.  I asked about the area to moisturise and it really needs doing from armpit all across chest  up to neck and down under breast.  Shall be using gallons of the stuff.

Hope everyone is well x

PS as I was checking out my tattoos I noticed my armpit hair is growing.  Didnt realise, have been flashing my pits around to everyone today!  

Highlighted

Hello xx

Finding it so hard to keep up these days as everyone is having different treatments and issues, there’s always something new! Hope we are all feeling ok today.

Well I didn’t sleep well last night because I changed bras to another non wired one but where there is instead extra material to replace the wire dug into me! So I had to take it off and then kept waking up to turn over as it wasn’t that comfortable and I had to keep holding my boob to do it! At 34b that’s not something I’d ever contemplated having to do! Put it back on now and I can try it again tonight but I don’t hold out much hope. I also have two of these bras in different colours as they came in a pack so doubly annoying 😕

Sonia try not to worry about the genetics test, nothing you can do until it’s back, 3 months is the normal timeframe. I had mine fast tracked because of my age, being triple negative and just about to start chemo (in case it affected the treatment plan). Mine came back in a month and was clear. I don’t know why it takes so long I never asked because mine was being pushed through. Ultimately I thought it was a good thing if there was something I can do to stop this happening again but I understand the extra concern with your children. I was concerned for my sister who had found out both her sister and dad had cancer in the space of a week. I’d be interested to know why they suddenly wanted to test you now though.

This time next week I’ll be back at work! Eek! Waiting to talk to my boss about a return to work plan, I also need to revise my flexible working plan for my new role but they’ll have to wait until I’m back for that. Given how tired people seem to be with rads I’m wondering if I’ll need that time off plus weeks after... getting to the impatient part again when I want to know what’s happening next and when. I want to book some leave but don’t want to until I know some timescales.

Highlighted

Implausible,

totally completley and utterly understand your fatigue. I'm now 3 weeks post rads and still on my knees, it's nuts how it can floor you like that, I gave in and had to have the final week off work...do what you gotta do love....hopefully no rads tomorrow? 

Edinbird and deano....hope your doing ok? 

Our netti? Keep taking the meds, it will soon be over 

ocean? Haven't seen any posts for a while...hope rads is going ok?

Its now been a week on meds.....so far so good...other than an underlying headache I seem ok.....oh and almost constant hot flushes! It got so bad that my wonderful hubby bought an air conditioning unit....what a god send!!! He sits there all wrapped up and I'm virtually stripped...but by eck it certainly works....

I hope your all doing ok? I like that we are a chatty lot....I don't know what I would have done without you all...... xxxx

Highlighted

Rosina,

thank you for starting my day with a massive giggle! Brilliant....just brilliant.....xxx

Highlighted

Morning Sonia28 

I don’t think I would put myself through chemotherapy again either!!!

I bumped into a friend yesterday whose mum had had chemotherapy for lung cancer back in the 70s . They had given her 3 months to live and she did the chemo ( not as precise as it is now) and lived for 2 more years. Her attitude was well if it helps me great and if it helps others down the line even better !

Here is what I cooked yesterday (it got a 👍) from everyone:

/halloumi-and-aubergine-salad/

After making it I realised that the recipe is for 6 ( instead of 3 - H1 is with his mum, staples came out yesterday) so there is extra in the fridge 🤪

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

Just a quick pop in as I'll be doing my Tesco online shop later.

Deano and Edinbird hope you are both recovering well from your surgeries. 

Implausible no need to apologise for not saying much we all know how tiring it must be for you to do all that travelling, have rads then work.  Please don't overdo it😴😴😴😴.

Back to the socks/stockings during and after surgery, I was half right in that they did put some on me when I was under the aneasethic  but apparently I still had them on when I went back to the ward. Hubby confirmed last night that I had some on and the nurse took them off, but I can't remember that at all. I'm beginning to stress a little about next week, more results and chemo, but certainly no where near as much as when I was first due to have chemo. We're going to have a meal out somewhere on Thursday night  before everything starts to taste yuk😝😝😝😝.

Have good day everyone. xxxxxxx

Highlighted

I’m really not sure why the results takes so long. I know they throughly test the DNA, but why it takes that long is a mystery to me. Both my sisters are to have mammograms yearly now, and we all have to wait for the results. 

My bc consultant said she would sent me to the genetics clinic, but when I got to oncology he said she hadn’t done it, so he referred me, and they only hold a clinic every few weeks, so I think that’s where the delay has been, as they come down from Exeter.

No point in worrying until results are in, although when she asked me would I have the other breast off or closely monitor, 80% chance of getting in other breast if you’ve had it once with BRCA gene, I said take it off as I’m not doing chemo again!!! Also said I should have ovaries out as preventative but got that box to be ticked off anyway. 

Ive got a day off from radiotherapy today, only had 3 sessions booked in this week for some reason, so meeting the girls in work for

lunch as another person is leaving, we will have no one left when I get back. 

Rosina  you made me smile, ( not funny when it’s you been there after chemo) and seaside hopefully you’ll make it today xx 😘 

Highlighted

Implausible, as long as we know you are ok, that’s all that’s necessary.....you are ok aren’t you? Sounds like you may be overdoing things love. Take care. Rest as much as you can and get those lads to help you a bit more if poss. Xxxx

Sonia28, I can’t understand why it takes so long to get the results.  Does it have to go off to the States like the Onco Dx ones? I was told 6 weeks for that and they were back in just over 3, so maybe your results will be back sooner. I hope so sweetie. Xxx

Highlighted

I nearly joined you reading your post Rosina. Sorry to laugh at your predicament but been there, done that, feel your suffering! 😘 Seaside hope the poops clear up in time....make sure you sit at the back!!!! Xxxx

Highlighted

Sonia 28

It's hard to believe that you have come so far and only now they decide to test you. Its not as if you family history would have changed surely. Why did they not think of doing this earlier. It would be hard enough to deal with without such a long wait for results. You have a lot going on at the moment, take care and say what ever you want to here in our safe zone. X

Highlighted

Hi Rosina

I am sitting here in bed laughing out loud. That was so funny. 😂😂😂😂

Highlighted

And now you Seaside  Sar😅😅. When will it all end?🤔.

Highlighted

Sorry Rosina, too much information, but you did make me laugh😅😅😅.  

Highlighted

Hi Sarah,

No apologies needed. This RT really takes it out of you. I am exhausted already after only 4 sessions and without the long journey that you've got. As long as you're alright. 

Rosina, I know I shouldn't laugh but I did. What a way to end the day indeed.

As for me, along with being exhausted from being zapped, I'm also suffering with diarrhea from Herceptin. Joy! Wouldn't mind so much but I'm planning to attend a Mass tomorrow. Let's hope I can keep it all in 😮

Highlighted

Thanks for checking in Implausible,

I was wondering about you 🤪

just did a massive sneeze and pissed my pjs so had to wash and get a new pair.

What a way to end the day!

Goodnight everyone

Highlighted

Hi all

Another apology from me for being largely AWOL

Sorry just too tired for long posts right now but am reading them all

Big congrats to Nettie and Deano for milestones achieved

I'm generally fine but shattered

Promise I'll catch up properly when I can x

Sarah

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

Glad to hear your surgery went ok, even though things seem to have been a little sureal beforehand. The chemo obviously worked well to get your lump down to 1cm from4cm. Not sure about the wire though and as for the Blue Peter stuff, sorry, that did make me laugh🤣🤣🤣. Did have any nodes removed? Get plenty of rest over the next few days. Wishing you a speedy recovery💐💐🌸🌸🌹🌹🌹.

Nettienoo, oh dear, I hope things improve for you soon. Just remember the chemo is over and done with now☺☺☺. Another hurdle jumped!

Oh Sonia sending you hugs❤❤❤❤❤. Being tested for the BRCA gene is one thing but  2 to 3 month wait  for the result  is just cruel. This bc stuff seems never ending at times.

Rosina I've been watching Beecham House. I record it and watch whilst I have my lunch. Thoughoughly enjoying it and Lesley Nicol who was the cook in Downton Abbey plays her character brilliantly😊. Well done on the fund raising. Hope you get to Brighton tomorrow. Isn't it strange how we now appreciate the simple things such as tasting food properly. Losing my taste buds again is something I'm not looking forward too☹☹. I went right off salad stuff and we've got loads of lettuce ready for picking and spring onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers growing.   

Seaside Sar, dentist and rads on the same day, poor you. As for the nail varnish I'm going to give Evonail a go. It's colourless and as I never wear nail varnish it won't matter if I don't put it on right, fingers crossed🤞🤞🤞.   

As for me I went to my hairdressers this morning to make an appointment for next week and discovered that my regular hairdresser has just returned from maternity leave and gave me a most welcome compliment. She didn't know about my bc and said how good my new hairstyle was. I had to confess I was wearing a wig, the NHS one at that (the light one), so now I know both the wigs I've got look like the real deal. A friend of ours complimented me on retaining all my hair after chemo and I had to tell her I was wearing a wig (the dark one). Anyway I briefly explained about my teenage urangatang look, and I'm sure that the manager who's been looking after me since she's been away will bring her up to speed. Fingers crossed that the cold cap works better for this time as I'd hate to lose my emerging locks even though their all sorts of grey.

Hope everyone is ok. xxxxxx

Highlighted

Well done Rosina, that’s great being so close to your fundraising target.

ice cream looks yummy too.

daisydi, I’ve taken my nail varnish off for a bit too. 

Nettinoo, hope your not feeling yuck for too long 💕💕

I’m sat her waiting for number 3 radiotherapy, 

I’m a bit all over the shop this week, 

I had my genetic appointment this morning, they are testing my genetics for the BRCA gene due to family history, results will take 2/3 months but broke down when they said kids could possibly inherited it If I have it. Fingers crossed I come out clear. The gift that keeps on giving 🤬🤬🤬

just been called will catch up in a bit 

Highlighted

Hey Seasidesar 

“That's the excitement of my life today”

image.jpg

I can actually taste the flavours. This was lunch. Have driven to the tip with junk ( it had been collecting for ages) , then Tesco’s ( which wasn’t as bad).

Laundry next, spot of cleaning.

Yes, Nettinoo each day further away from Chemotherapy does make a difference. Today is day 15 for me  and it feels good.

Still got a bit wobbly when I drew my eyebrows on but then smiled at myself in the mirror.

Deano , glad surgery is over. I hated those stockings ( I still have a pair gave the other pair to my mum) but I think they may come in useful for air travel ( I will be wearing mine under trousers with plimsolls 🤪).

Brighton is on the cards for tomorrow hence why it’s chores today.

I am told ‘Beecham House ‘ is worth the effort on ITV ( costume drama) which I will check out in a minute ( as I do my ironing- boy the excitement of it 😂).

Another update on my fundraising: I am £10 off my target of £500 , so I guess I had better pay in some of the sponsorship money H1 gave me ( spent it all in the sales) 🤭

Hugs to all,

Rosina

Highlighted

Deano glad that surgery is done for you.  Hope you heal quickly x

Nettienoo so sorry that already you feel bad.  Chin up darling, nearly over x

Seaside I am going to be a rebel and I am not putting any varnish on my nails.  Whatever the chemo has done to my nails the nail varnish has also made a mess of them and I am leaving them to breathe.

Going to have my hair cut today as it looks totally frazzled.  Hope it all stays put!

Hi to all x

Highlighted

Hi Everyone 

just caught up on posts and there is loads from yesterday

well had my surgery and a wire fitted into my lump by ct scan before so they could find it as it had shrunk from 4-1cm. It was sticking out by 3 inches and thick and then had mammogram and it was very uncomfortable. They said they would cap it off so I wouldn’t catch it and guess what they put in it - a plastic drinking cup and tape very blue peter and hen wheeled me into the waiting room of the breast clinic with gown socks and my head wear - lots of women waiting to have Breast scans and obviously looking st me as yes I’ve got cancer lol they looked like they wanted to cry can you imagine this- funny for me but not for them the joys of cancer treatment 

I also had to walk down the corridors holding my pillow to the theatre all gowned and stocking up you couldn’t make it up......

cant remember a thing although nervous and alone as they wouldn’t let anyone stay with you on the ward had surgery at 2pm and home for 8.30pm just stiff and sore no dressing just steri strips on wounds and told  not to wet them and stockings got 2 weeks - funnily though I can now walk without pain in my legs with the stockings.....

anyway hope you are all managing well and thank you got your wishes yesterday I wasn’t allowed my mobile do saw them last night. 

Susie saw your post you are not alone in your chemo we are right here with you and we know what your facing with T and fingers crossed you have little side effects but if you are struggling just ask and also I think it was nettinoo who rang the bell relief treatment is over 

anyway take care ladies we are not far from the fudging line a few months for me but I can nearly touch it xxx❤️❤️❤️ Love you all x

Highlighted

Seaside, hugs back at you darling. It sounds like you need them more than me but no sticking pins in yourself eh? It could get very messy. 😘

Highlighted

Nettie, our posts crossed. Sorry to hear you're suffering my lovely. Take it easy and remember - every day is a step further away from the barry chemo. Big hugs xx

Highlighted

Morning lovely ladies,

It's a bit cooler here this morning and a welcome relief. These hot flushes are driving me crazy.

I had an appointment with my oncologist yesterday and he gave me a prescription for 10 years' worth of Tamoxifen - yay! He told me to start taking them a week after radiotherapy finishes. I asked him about the dark nail polish and he said keep it going for a few more months. Oh well, guess I'll be leaving streaks of polish everyhwere for a while longer then. My latest mishap was a nasty stain from my toe polish on my white bedsheets. I also asked about getting contact lenses as I've had enough of wearing glasses and he said that chemo will have caused fluid retention so I should hold off until this goes as that will be a sign that my eyes are functioning normally. So basically, all this weight gain is down to fluid! I feel like getting a pin to release it then.

Today I've got the joys of the dentist again as my temporary cover has come off my broken tooth (the other one this time) so it needs replacing. What fun!

My rads are at 5.30pm very randomly as all my others have been in the morning.

That's the excitement of my life today.

Hope everyone is OK.

Sar xxx

Highlighted

Final FEC has floored me today so it will be a quiet one on the forum as severe headache but just wondered if Deano has been on. I can’t see a post. I hope you are doing ok lovely. Xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Sonia, I'll try taking my 2nd lot of steroids between 1 and 2 and see how I go. xxx

Highlighted

Well done Nettienoo. The smile on your face says it all 😊😊😊😊😊😊. Now rest up and take it easy. Let the chemo do it's stuff. Ringing that bell for you too🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔. xxx 

Highlighted

Yay Nettienoo, you did it! What a lovely picture,  you look so happy 😊

Take care xxx 

Highlighted

Dear Nettienoo

I am so proud of you I can't say how much. You have been so brave and stuck to it. Well done you. 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔💓💓💓💓💓💓

Highlighted

Susie, I was advised by my bc nurse to take my second dose of steroids at 12/1 as I wasn’t sleeping. 

Well done Netti, you look so happy 🛎🎉🎉

Highlighted

Thanks Rosina.  I have looked at the website  I have my planning appt on Friday so will see whether they have heard of it and what they recommend.  I had serious skin reactions to the dressings after surgery and it took ages for the blisters to heal.  I could feel burning under the dressing but didnt realise for a while and then what with all the spots and scabs from chemo I feel really nervous.

Highlighted

Hi Daisydi,

to answer your question , no I don’t know anyone that has used the Watergel system.

I just googled ‘lotions for use during radiotherapy’ as after seeing my colleague ( she was smiling when she showed me - I was horrified but kept a deadpan face - possibly inhaled deeply 🤭) I forgot to ask her if she had just not bothered to use anything!!!

The gel sounds lovely as you can put it on after being treated and then the lotion goes on at bedtime. 

They have all the details on the website.

Watergel R1 R2

I find it interesting that my radiologist know about it ( after I asked her) but she said there was no evidence that it was better than E45 etc. 

The thing is at £72 for a 6 week course I don’t think they are going to be actively promoting it.

Also I personally don’t use E45 on a sunburn, I would use some sort of ‘aftersun’ yes to Aloe Vera gel.

Biotherm  do a great aftersun but it is fragranced.

From my reading during radiotherapy they recommend that stuff we put on our skin is ‘fragrance free’.

Hope this helps,

Rosina

Highlighted

Rosina do you know anyone who has used that watergel system?  In view of all my skin reactions and sensitivity to almost everything I am very tempted to ask my GP to prescribe it.

Highlighted

Well done Nettie thank god its done.  Hope you keep as well as possible.  Take care of yourself xxx

Highlighted

Happy face. The tears came later as my son and I were walking out of the hospital. XHappy face. The tears came later as my son and I were walking out of the hospital. X

Highlighted

Susie I'm not really sure as I was not really sleeping properly anyway due to hot sweats, maybe try and see what happens!

Highlighted

Hi everyone, don't panic!!!!! The wonders of the English language. I'm not in fear of you all deserting me I was merely expressing the fact that you will have all finished chemo - please Nettienoo let us know no.6 is well and truly done - and I'll be the only one still having it, along with the rads afterwards.

Daisydi, did taking 2nd dose of steroids between 2 and 3 help? Surgical stockings for a week and a corset😨😨😭 crikey words fail me.  

Edinbird how convenient you could only manage to carry a bottle of cider, you go girl.