63442members
333868posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

MBJ

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Hi Girlies

Nettienoo I think you need to stick to a spoon 😃.

I had my first bone infusion with my one and only chemo, apparently I am due another one in August. Everywhere seems to do things slightly differently. I have no idea what the side effects might be as I was so ill anyway. Let you know in August (drum roll please) like a soap opera, the next thrilling episode. 

Oh nettienoo...you filthy beast!!! 

But it reminded me of when we lived in Cyprus, that first summer was unbearable and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to pop my head in the freezer ( don't ask) I needed relief from the vile humid heat, I then ( without thinking) licked the ice...can you guess the rest? Yes! My tongue stuck to the freezer....it was like something out of laurel and hardy sketch....hubby thought it was hilarious and grabbed a camera....still haven't forgiven him! Xx

Hi Nettienoo 

Just in the middle of dyeing some sandals and saw your post. At least the moderators can make us laugh on occasion🤣🤣🤣😂. Now if it had been another similar word I'd have understood as that means something completely different. Now go wash your mouth out with soap!!!!☺   

Nettie that made me laugh.  I used to suck on a lot of ice lollies.   Wouldnt have liked to have put my tongue in frozen yoghurt!

PS just glimpsed down at my chest and thought I had a huge blackhead that I was about to squeeze, then realised it was my tattoo!

PPS you are obviously on their radar Nettie x

Hi Nettie Im back on the antihistamines so itchiness has gone but feeling very worried about starting rads tomorrow and what it will do to my already damaged and sensitive skin.

Susie I dont remember my team talking about biphosphonates at all but my friend started the infusions when she started on the hormone treatment so I am assuming I will do the same.

Enjoy the sunshine x

Susie,

a very good question ref bone meds. My oncologist mentioned these at the very beginning of my treatment plan ( back in January) I had a bio phosphate clinic during rads where the nurse gave me my options..i.e. Infusion or tablets, in the end we decided on clodronate tablets , she said if I were to have any side effects ( although she is confident I won't and the worse thing would be possible heart burn/stomach acid) I could immediately stop and go onto infusions...so it kinda made sense to me....

I am still waiting on an appointment to get me started on these...she said it should be August. I finished chemo end may and rads ....must be coming up 4 weeks now....so there's obviously no rush ....xxxx

In fits of giggles here....the moderator obviously doesn’t like the phrase “tongue in” in last post. Ooooh errrr missus! 🙊😂😂😂

Ps Susie, I have been sucking on ice cubes and even resorted to sticking my **bleep** pot of cold Greek yoghurt the other day. I haven’t really suffered too much in the mouth dept in previous cycles so can’t complain too much. Swilling with Difflam 2 hourly and improving today. Xxx

SusieB, I’m glad you are coping so far with the CT side effects. Thank goodness for paracetamol eh? I can’t even begin to count how many packets I’ve got through since last November. I can’t think of anything nicer than freshly picked runner beans. My Nan always grew runner beans and peas. 

Daisydi, did I read you were still having problems with skin issues? I think the hot weather doesn’t help at all does it? I hope it’s not getting you down too much. Xxx

Morning everyone 

Hot and sunny down here in Somerset this morning🌡🌡☀️☀️☀️. Slapped on plenty of suntan lotion but won't be sitting in the sun too much. Bit achy this morning from CT so taken paracetamol, why suffer? 

Nettienoo,  hope the tongue/mouth issues clear up soon. Do ice cubes help at all? I've been wondering about Sandra and Veronica too. 

Deano, have you got your post surgery follow up appointment tomorrow? Like Nettienoo I'm forgetting who's doing what when. At least I can start to blame chemo brain again🤔☹😩😔☹😃. 

Can I ask a quick question? I've been reading about meds for post menopausal women to help support the bones and maybe reduce risk of bone cancer but my medics haven't mentioned them at all yet. Am I being too impatient as this may be discussed after chemo ect. For those of you involved when was the use of bisphosphonates - zoledronic acid or sodium clodronate - mentioned? I seem to meet the criteria on age and triple negative.

Have a lovely day, if you  can, everyone and enjoy the good weather🌞. Storms tonight though⛈⚡🌩☹☹. Should be able to pick some home grown runner beans later for dinner tonight. Love to each and everyone of you❤❤❤     

Morning all , Nettie I do hope you keep well.  I have a fan too.  It was so hot overnight.  Didnt get below 25 in my bedroom.  My poor dogs are black.  Just cant imagine how hot they must feel but its too hot to walk to the beach and they dont travel so no sea swimming for them!  Hopefully I will manage a dip in the sea today but it is so hot already. Ive left all the curtains and blinds drawn today to try and keep the house a bit cooler.

Seaside my nails look exactly like yours and a couple of my toenails are really brown.  Looks horrible.

Have a good day everyone x

Morning lovelies, I’m suffering with the heat too here in Stafford. I spent most of the day in a shaded room with a fan on me, trying to keep my temp down. Every time I left the fan my temp went up. Probably the same today. Apart from a very ulcerated tongue/mouth making it hard to drink/talk/eat and the temp issue, I’m doing ok so far. I reckon 10 more days to stay infection free and then I will breathe easy and FEC will no longer be ruling my life. I hate it so much, I reckon hearing the word in the future will cause awful flashbacks. 

So sorry the rads are making everyone feel so exhausted. That combined with the heat must be so hard for you all. You must all try and nap when you can. 

Swimming in the sea sounds so amazing to me at the moment. I can’t think of anything nicer. Being well and truly landlocked here I will just have to make do with sitting with my feet in a bowl of cold water. 😂. 

Apart from the rads and Edinbird’s appt tomorrow, what else have people going on this week? I feel someone else has something really important happening soon but can’t think who or what. 

Has anyone heard anything at all from Sandra and Veronica? I know they haven’t been on the forum but I’m hoping someone has had contact somehow.

Implausible, my husband was in a meeting in Swindon yesterday. I told him to give you a wave. 

Keep cool all. Up your water input today. It’s so easy to get dehydrated. 

Love you lots. Xx

Seaside,

just had to pop by and say.......I'm with you on that!!!! The rads blew me away too, in fact I'm still feeling it....I only said this morning to hubby no matter how I sleep I always feel in a fug....last night I went to bed 9 pm and got up 7am and by some sheer miracle actually slept....today? Feel well and truly buggered! Oh boy!! Xx

Evening everyone,

I am literally just popping in to say I am utterly exhausted. I'm so shocked at the effects of the rads. No matter how much sleep I get, I still need a nap during the day and I feel completely drained most of the time. I've still got 9 sessions to go and they say the SEs peak during the 2 weeks after finishing. Can't imagine being any more tired than I already am.

Also a nails update. Mine are discoloured from the chemo as you will see in the photo. So I'm carrying on with dark polish until they look a bit healthier.

20190721_145746.jpg

Hope you're all doing OK. I'm off to bed 😴😴😴

Night night xxx

I so want to go in the sea, I was told no swimming but I think they talked more about the pool, and if your skin was broken, surely under a wet suit if my skim is good I could try a dip after radio? Im going play it by ear. 

It’s very close here, it was cloudy today, meant to be hot tomorrow. 

Enjoy your dip in the sea tomorrow Daisydi. 

Hope everyone one else is well. Xx

Susie my sister got knocked over today by a big wave and I got my a r s e wet as usual x

Thanks Sarah.  In that case I am swimming in the sea tomorrow.  Cant wait. x

Hi all

Not particularly hot here in Somerset but very still and cloudy🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫. 

Daisydi, I'll add possible skin reactions to my list📄📄📄📄☺. Seriously though I need to be careful as I have had problems with eczema and currently have it on my palms due to sun cream. 

All the talk of swimming. I can't go into a swimming pool due to the chlorine and I can't go into the sea due to my PICC line☹☹☹. Knowing my luck if I went for a paddle I'd get knocked over by a wave or something🌊🌊🌊🌊😅😅😅. Have a good evening everyone. xxxx  

It hasn't got too hot here yet, but tomorrow the forecast says 32 degrees, wow!  I think I shall mainly stay indoors Smiley Happy  my house stays pretty cool thankfully as it is an old house with thick old walls.

I've never really been a sunshine fan.  Old goth that I was growing up Smiley Happy

As for swimming, my radiologist says that you can swim for the first couple of weeks of rads but they don't recommend it once your skin starts to get red/sore as treatment goes on as it can dry your skin out more and make things worse....

Annoyingly for me, however, my onco said no swimming for 6 weeks after last chemo.  And I started rads just under 4 weeks after last chemo.  So the 6 weeks overlapped my 2 ok weeks for swimming! 

I'll be back in the pool September 1st ( 1 month after rads end so all skin sensitivities should be fully sorted) and I can't wait Smiley Happy

Evening all,Edinbird it is so hot here.  I cant bear it.  Drove to a different beach today so I could have a paddle.  My sister went right in.  Do you think it would be ok to swim in the sea tomorrow?  Rads start on Wed so its my last chance.  By the way why cant we swim with rads? I can understand swimming pools but surely the sea could do no harm.  Maybe I'll ask them.  Have been waiting all day to take dogs out and have just managed it but it is still so so hot.  I can feel my skin burning and thats with factor 50 which I have never used in my life and used to spend loads of time in Spain.  Another gift from chemo.  At least I got my scabby spotty legs in the sea.  I cant remember whose posted what but I hope everyone is ok.  Susie I didnt really get bad pains with the T but got headaches.  I think my skin took most of the bashing from that drug.  I still have new reactions coming out now and I thought it should have gone away by now.  Speak later x

On the bus home from work. It was so hot today and tomorrow is only going to be worse! Driving tomorrow but as my air con is broken I’m not sure if it will be better or not... didn’t do much work and spent around an hour just talking to people I bumped into. I guess that’s what it will be every time I see people, then I’ll need to speak to them again when I get more news on Wednesday...

Helped a colleague with interview prep though so that was productive. Then when I finished I had a wander into the area near work that’s quite upmarket and went to the charity shops... could only tolerate so much in the heat so here I am sweating on the bus again. Feeling quite tired but that’s good so long as it cools enough to sleep. Hope it really cools by Wednesday or the surgeon is going to have some rather disgusting dressings to remove 😝

Sonia - that's a lot of steps - go you!!!!  I am struggling just getting up my own stairs at home to bed these days Smiley Very Happy

Susie - glad that you are not too bad yet with side effects.  I'll warn you that my T SEs didn't tend to kick in till day 4 or 5, so be prepared for things to possibly get a little tougher, but hopefully that won't happen for you.

Sorry for giving you flashbacks to your gremlin nightmares!  That third drawing is just a normal garden ant, albeit blown up to giant size....

I had my first "boost" radiotherapy session this morning.  It took a little longer than usual as they had to do some extra x rays.   And then they had to call my surgeon in the middle of it all to double check something about the markers she had left in my boob to show where the tumour used to be.  So I was lying there with my arms above my head for a good half an hour, which was a tad uncomfortable by the end.  But it should be quicker tomorrow.  (Only 4 more to go, yay)

Time to get to work now.  yawn .  Really not in the mood for it today!  At least this is the last week where I will have to work all 5 days.  Back to my 3 full days after this, instead of the 5 half days.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Sarah

Hi everyone 

Well, day 3 after CT chemo and slight aches have just started to kick in. See where you were coming from Rosina on the suit of armour sinario. So popped a couple of paracetamol and see how it goes. Food tastes ok, although fresh coffee tastes more Columbian than Brazilian, which is the stronger of the two. Haven't had the dip from coming off the steroids yet either. 🤞🤞🤞I may escape that one. Yesterday's visit from sister-in-law yesterday went ok. The conversation flowed from bc to general stuff back and forth. She did come out with the classic 'Well it'll all be over by Xmas' to Paul, not me, and apparently he came straight back with 'No, that'll be just the start'. Hopefully you'll know what he means. Yesterday has tired me out a bit so intend to take it steady today.

Rosina, hope you're fully recovered after your hike. The problem with the British weather you often have to expect the unexpected🌡☀️🌝⛅⛈🌨🌧🌦☔🌂🌫. 

Sonia, georgeous beach photos and well done on getting there too🏖🏖☺. Swimming in the sea will happen🏊‍♀️.

Implausible, The third collage postcard  gets a bit creepy. The monster on the right is an exact replica of what I was seeing when I closed my eyes for the first few days after my FEC sessions. That, along with a few others, could be seen munching away at Gremlin🐉🐉🐍🐍🐉🐍🐲. Haven't seen anything similar with CT yet.    

Have a good day everyone xxxxxxx

Lovely photos Sonia28, seaside 🤗and summer 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Well I’m feeling really pleased with myself today, we went up to out caravan to sort out for our holiday, and I walked up from the toilet block without breathing out my bottom. 

8FE0515C-D9B8-4043-88B8-A9A1AF737AC9.jpegThe beginning of the cliff hike

I then went down the beach with the kids and made it back up the steps without collapsing. CEB03DC4-6C6C-4330-9416-154D53CD033A.jpegLeah and Woody playing catch

83EA8E17-A657-4F7B-AAF6-31CDA8063D65.jpegDanny and his friendsI really wanted to go in for a swim, hopefully it won’t be long, just paddled today. 

Evening peeps

I'm on my regular evening walk and have reached my second bench stop (can't do it all without sitting down breaks yet :/ and to think in the early stages of chemo I could do this whole walk twice without a single stop!)

Nice view:

20190721_190959-picsay.jpg

It's the local fishing hole but nobody ever seems to fish here any more, I guess the kids today aren't into it like they used to be.  Or maybe they caught all the fish!

Sonia - gotcha - I guess your doc has his reasons for the wait.  I know there is sometimes a long gap - my pal who had the mastectomy last Monday has been told she has to wait 1 year before they can even up her other boob.  Not sure why.  She was a bit disappointed about that .

Also I'm well impressed that you were able to stay up past midnight last night!!!  I feel like I'm up way past bedtime at 9pm! Smiley Happy

I'm so tired all the time now it isn't funny.  And I think my family are very bored of me keeping apologising for it.

Rosina I'm still in utter awe of you and that insane hike Smiley Happy  so glad for you that you were able to complete it.  Also it sounds like you have made a firm new friendship which is great.

MBJ hope you survived Primarni Smiley Happy

Edinbird sorry you still didn't sleep well last night Smiley Sad    I reckon you need to get yourself back into a good sleeping routine however you can, and you can worry about weaning yourself off the sleeping tabs later!

Although as you say, being back at work will probably wear you out enough to help with that.

Other than this walk I haven't done much today other than looking at potential cars in the Autotrader with now 17 year old son (first driving lesson tomorrow!), and starting work on 3 new collage postcards, monsters etc. just sketched in for now:20190721_164335-picsay.jpg

Catch you all again tomorrow

Sarah x

Hi everyone,

I didn’t take my sunglasses with me because sun was not on the menu 🤪

I also didn’t take my baseball cap, ditto above.

I had a raincoat and 4 spare pairs of socks packed in sandwich bags ( for waterproofing them) plus a spare pair of knickers ( Liz’s idea , which after my terrible sneeze/bladder fiasco at home seemed appropriate).

Apart from a sudden, short , sharp shower that was it ( enough to get rain jacket out and then tie it to my rucksack).

I bet if I had packed for sun it would have poured down 😂

Have had a lovely bath and nap .

H1 got over his hump by Friday afternoon. 🤡

It really has been a good weekend.

Hugs,

Rosina

ps my friend Liz is a teacher too. Great sense of humour. 

No better sleep 😞 although I actually slept a few hours yesterday afternoon. I didn’t want to take tablets to try and sleep every single day so I thought it best to not at the weekend when I can rest more. Means the weekend is pretty rubbish though! Maybe I’ll be more tired in a good way from work so I’ll sleep better in the week (until I have to be off again).

Need to get up anyway not sit in bed. Husband has gone to an American Football tournament so I could go out for a walk whilst he’s away. I hope you have a good rest Rosina you deserve it! xx

MBJ

Hi Rosina

Very well done on your hike, you are one awesome woman. 

Were you not allowed to were sunglasses to protect your eyes in the sun? 

I think you deserve a rest today.

I have to face Primark with my 15 year old granddaughter help!!

Well done Rosina for completing your walk, the weather looked lovely. Hope you enjoyed breakfast and your eyes have recovered now. 

Marilyn your hair looks fab. 

Daisy, No onco type test for me either. 

Sarah, I’m am waiting to have my ovaries removed and reconstruction, after disaster with infection with the implant last time. They would have tried again but I wanted to get on with the treatment which they advised was a wise choice. 

consultant oncologist said I have to wait 6 months for body to recover from chemo and radiotherapy for reconstruction    (which I know isn’t always the case from you ladies)  and have to wait 6 months to check I can cope with the steroids which stop ovaries producing before taking them out. 

Gives me more time to

loose weight but again I’ll need more time off work, so not happy about that, I was also promised that all treatment would be done and dusted in 12 months. 😞

Ocean your pictures are fab once again, always make me smile, they just feel tranquil.

Susie, i didn’t take anything to preempt the pains but had pain killer on the side and took them as soon as they started, I felt why suffer. 

Hope your not In too much pain and enjoy your visitors.

Edinbird, hope you had a better sleep. 

Sarah, your day yesterday looked lush, I was dragged round dive and boat shops, I had to

come home for a little nap as we had a 21st birthday party to go too. Good job I did as we didn't leave till 12.30am. I was driver so no wait for taxi

which was nice. 

Trixielady, I hope you’ve had a good weekend, the rain made another appearance over night after hubby saying it wouldn’t and my washing was

still out. 

MJB, hope your enjoying having your family home. 💕

Nettinoo, you still keeping that temperature at bay,

🤞. 

Seaside Sar, How are you coping with your tiredness, mine has definitely hit this weekend. 

hope everyone one else is enjoying the weekend xx

Hi Rosina 

Well done on completing the hike. The weather looked fab🌞🌞, glad the storms never occured🌩🌩. Hope your eyes recover soon. As for the Prosecco, you totally deserved that treat🍾🍾🍾🥂. xx 

40B76E36-263B-4666-906B-364DAA858226.jpegThe sky was amazing to look at

It was a fabulous walking day yesterday. I had blood shot eyes by the end of it  ( sun in our faces all the way for the last part , and no sunglasses, eyebrows or eyelashes 🙃).

AD483E46-9602-4177-A130-D0B5174B02EF.jpegFields of gold

I am looking forward to breakfast!!! Couldn’t face dinner after the 4 jelly babies I had 1 mile before the end. 

I did sip my glass of Prosecco though 🤗

Hi Maryln it sucks doesnt it?  I know it wont change anything but I would just like to know that this chemo hell was worth doing and not just a box ticking exercise. x

Daisy....I didn't get an onco type test either, and I think it was more of a financial matter....my nodes were clear and I had clear margins.......I must admit, I did feel cheated not having one xxx

Hi, very quickly Sarah thanks for that about the onco type test.  My lymph nodes were always thought to be normal and nothing showed up on scans. I only had 1 positive out of 4 before they did the clearance so I think I should have qualified too.  I really think it was a financial decision unless as I said before they know more than I do x

Hi everyone

Hope you are all having as nice a weekend as possible.

Sonia, what remaining surgery are you waiting for?  And how come you have to wait another 6 months yet?  

Trixielady, it sounds like your hair is a bit like mine, I'm 2-tone too, darker brown around the back and sides and silvery on top.  Wish mine would grow quicker too!  But to be honest I'm just delighted it is growing at all Smiley Happy

I'm guessing re the radiotherapy that you aren't having it because after a mastectomy and full node clearance there is nothing left to zap? 

Rosina I've been following your amazing hike on Facebook - at least until your phone ran out of battery! All looked great - if exhausting!  So many steps!  I only just got to my 10k today and that was enough for me Smiley Happy

Edinbird, hope you enjoyed your own giant hike around SainsburysSmiley Happy

Curious as to why won't you take a sleeping pill at the weekend?  You need a good night's kip whatever day of the week it is....

Daisydi, and others wondering about eligibility for the oncotype dx test, I found this:

Who is eligible for the Oncotype DX test?

You may be a candidate for the Oncotype DX test if:

you’ve recently been diagnosed with stage I or II invasive breast cancer

the cancer is estrogen-receptor-positive

there is no cancer in your lymph nodes (lymph-node-negative breast cancer)

you and your doctor are making decisions about chemotherapy.

Some research also suggests the test may help postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes make chemotherapy decisions. Talk to your doctor if you are in this group.

I had nothing showing up on the original scans re lymph nodes but they did find something in one node when they did my sentinel node biopsy.  So I guess I must have just snuck in on eligibility based on that last paragraph....?

Ocean, amazing pics as ever, that sunflower field is spectacular!   You didn't say how you are getting on....do you have a date for rads yet?  I hope you are enjoying the break between treatments (that is assuming you have finished chemo)

Marlyn your hair looks great!!!  Growing in thick and fast. And you have such a pretty, elegant neck....  you should show that off a bit while you can before the hair grows back in and hides it away Smiley Happy

Susie I feel bad that you spent so much of last night awake, but how flattering that you had us on your mind Smiley Happy  I wonder what you wrote to each of us? Smiley Happy

Hope you had fun at the Range.  It used to be one of my favourite shops until they fined me £100 for marginally outstaying the mandated 2 hour limit in their car park (was having lunch with pals in their cafe and lost track of time, only over ran by 5 mins).  They rejected my appeal against the fine and I've never shopped there since!

Good news that you won't have to do the tummy jabs this time around.

Nope I never took painkillers before the symptoms kicked in.  Although that might help.  Hopefully you still have a few days before you need to worry about that though.  My "T" side effects never started until day 4 or 5 after chemo.  Although maybe mixing the "C" in with the "T" will make it come in sooner?  Whenever they arrive, I hope your side effects aren't overly harsh.

Can't wait to see your pink streaks when you get them.  Smiley Happy

As for me, I've had a fairly chill day.  Had a long lie in to get over the past 2 tiring days, woke up quite early but just stayed in bed reading until about 11am.

Then in the afternoon me and my other half went for a little walk around Lydiard Park (local stately home type place with nice grounds):20190720_155222-picsay.jpg

20190720_154619-picsay.jpg

20190720_160837-picsay.jpgThis was supposed to be a photo of my delicious blackcurrant and clotted cream ice cream from the park cafe, but I forgot to take the photo before I wolfed it down!

Then I finished the day off with a couple of episodes of Stranger Things, and now (just after 8pm) I'm ready for my bed again!

Catch you all again tomorrow

Love to all
Sarah x

Hi everyone 

Well, what an interesting broken night's sleep I had. I know I think about each and everyone of you on a daily basis, but last night I was writing to you all individually in my head. Really long posts which I am sure would have taken me hours to compose in real life⌛⏳🕧🕐🕜🕑🕑📃📃📃📃📃🖊🖊🖊. Wonder how steroids will effect tonight's sleep🤔🤔🤔😴😴? I am feeling a little tired at the moment but have just returned from a trip to our recently opened The Range Store  and Wickes. We know how to live it up!! Yesterday's chemo was longer than expected as the nurse didn't know if I was cold capping or not so hadn't started the machine beforehand. The nurses seem to rotate their days around every so many months so I've never met the ones on duty yesterday, but they were all lovely😚😚☺. The good news is that the onco thinks I should be able to manage without the Filisgram injections as my bloods and general health was all good on FEC. Bit apprehensive about it but willing to give it a go. Don't want any delays as final session due just 5 days after our 41st wedding anniversary, so we may get a meal out🥗🍝🍝🍽🍾🥂.  Just started to get early signs  of indigestion. Prepared for start of aches and pains tomorrow onwards - nurse has warned me. Did any of you pre-empt things and start to take painkillers before symptoms started? Sister-in-law and her husband are coming for a short visit tomorrow so don't want to be seen as sick cancer patient if you know what I mean🤒🤢😔😪.

Anyway, that's enough about me. Ocean 21 thank you for the georgeous photos. First fields of poppies and now sun flowers🌻🌻🌻🌻.  

Hope your hike went well Rosina. I wish I had half your energy.

Marlyn your hair looks great, all the same length too, not like my random hair style. And with the added wicked, wonderful sense if humour you have😅😅😅.

There was some talk about onco tests but I didn't have one. I asked my hospital about them but they don't seem to use them. Think they must go on previous results, experience, knowledge, etc. Plus the fact I think when I had my first scan and examination it may have been apparent that my nodes were perhaps in a bad way as I was told at my results meeting it would be full ANC removal. For me these decisions were made at both Taunto and Yeovil so I sort of had a second opinion.   

Implausible, I've seen a couple of pink hair swatches at my hairdressers so very tempted to go for it, maybe just a few high-lights though. As for the steroids you're welcome to mine!!  

So I'm going to love you and leave you for now. Will catch up with you all tomorrow,  or perhaps in my sweet dreams tonight😴😴😴😴. I  know some of you are not in a very good place at the moment, you know who you are, so sending special virtual hugs ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤  xxxxxxx

Rosina hope the weather is good for you and your walk went well xx

Ocean21 what beautiful colours, the weather here today in the North East is awful its raining heavily xx

How are you feeling has your chemo finished?? were you HER2 +? Xx

Wow Marlyn thats awesome xx

Ocean, oh my....such beautiful photos.....simply lovely!

posting a pic of latest hair growth, I seem to have had a spurt ( of hair that is....not a tenna lady moment) IMG_2106.JPG

Ocean, oh my word those glorious sunflowers. It would be impossible not to see those and not feel uplifted. Stunning. 🌻🌻🌻🌻 Love the plaited Hibiscus too. Xx

1. BFF6FF90-0831-4B43-AD9C-88420DEB40DE.jpeg9954EA05-CA37-47CA-A556-037A8E502107.jpegB4E165F6-4ECE-4B4E-9B67-C085FB1B5FF6.jpegBB530DD9-0D57-44BA-9582-B154B793D702.jpeg

162F82AC-2A7F-41AB-8669-7DC68CFFFCC0.jpeg88EBAE1C-BF7A-42F0-8FB8-BA94D73917BE.jpeg46B8DA83-263B-4597-9185-AA4415045F57.jpeg5EEAD2FA-28AE-4A4E-9022-0B41F241F5C6.jpegIt’s Sunflower season.E26BF87F-3471-4B91-A93F-98E8222D42F1.jpegC139ADF1-F50B-4F4E-8691-B630DF7DFBDF.jpeg66A7565F-CDEA-4197-BA03-6330445515F4.jpeg8082E52D-3276-40E2-9F81-9B7AADBE1994.jpegAD4C7247-7951-415E-90B6-1427936BF258.jpeg

Hey lovely ones,

Goodness , it’s been an emotional rollercoaster week for some of us.

Edinbird, so sorry to hear that you have to back for more surgery. This bc business is certainly a challenge, throws spanner’s in the works for all of us one way or another. You’ve always had a great mental attitude so keep with that. More surgery is a pain in the bottom but we’re all  with you .

MBJ, funky chick Smiley Happy Keeping rocking that short hair , you look great. Fab that you’ve finally got the diggers in. It’ll really lift your spirits when the garden is properly  landscaped around your lovely house.

Susieb, great that the scan showed all clear.

Sarah, I’m tired reading about your travelling for your rads!

Rosina, good luck to you our  resident Olympian power walker. Wonderful that you exceeded your fundraising target.

To the rest of my swollen boobed, swollen legged, fruit sized swelling under the armpits, sweating and randomly knackered , when’s my hair growing back sisters you’re all  fabulous 😘😘😘

As always some photos for you.

xxC0BDC22E-36FA-4A00-A0D8-B30DECC16054.jpegTobacco plantC39B5CC3-0FF6-4993-A2A9-BA48FFEC2B23.jpeg48E5DC74-32C7-4AA7-AB86-1D02DC0B8BF6.jpegMimosa flowers2E0FD95A-BAE8-4996-B4FA-4CCD3D5C45BD.jpeg48941348-8E5A-42F1-A75C-51976690055F.jpegLime tree. Still hardly any flowers. It was cut back last year. Hope it recovers next year.5BC2EE06-9D3D-4493-8A68-CC93E5613AFF.jpegHibiscus, bleu,blanc,rouge. Three different plants plaited together.It was Bastille Day last Sunday so appropriate that it’s been in flower the last couple of weeks.

Highlighted

Good luck Rosina, I'm with you in spirit! Don't know how you do, you certainly are a machine.....my day will mainly consist of....Tesco....home...coffee.....walk dog....home...collapse! I might indulge in some midsummer murders....I think I'm all carried on out...

xxx

Morning all, good luck for today Rosina. Its just started pouring with rain here.  Hope the weather behaves for you.

Edinbird at least you dont have to wait too long, only a few more days and then you can make a plan. I have very large boobs and even after all those surgeries my bad one is still large which is why I chose to have a third surgery.  Its almost easier if you are not given a choice and just told what needs to happen and then you can deal with it which you will.

Hope everyone has a good weekend even though the weather is pants!

PS MJB I agree with everyone else.  You really suit short hair x

Morning,

MBJ, that's a gorgeous picture of you with your daughter and grandaughter. You look great with the short hair. Sarah's right, you've got such a feminine face so you can definitely rock that look. Very pretty.

Nettie, those hairstyle pics are great. Love the fact you got lashes thrown in as well. I need some of those! Hope you manage to stay infection free. Cuddle up with the dogs and a good series xx

Trixielady, I know what you mean about decisions being made for you. Mine was similar. I had to have chemo because it's proven to work with Herceptin so I didn't even qualify for the oncotype dx test. I decided against the POSNOC trial because the doctor recommended anc and rads for me.

Hope everyone is doing OK this morning.

I'm soooo tired, I will definitely need a nap.

Sar xxx

Good luck for the hike Rosina!! No way I could even think about walking all that way! I’m going to do a walk round Sainsbury’s in support! 😁

Didn't want to take any pills on a weekend so just sweated through the night instead. Been looking up mastectomies and all the fun they entail - I can’t see that being great when I have small boobs to start with so reconstruction is awkward. No point worrying when that might not be recommended but it’s hard not to think about it. I’m back in that don’t know what’s happening limbo and I hate it. Thanks for all your kind words, I know some of us have had a clearance and some a mastectomy so I always have you to turn to xx

Morning Nettienoo 

I know how you feel, I had terrible pains on WBC injections that's why they changed my chemo regime. 

Trixie is doing really good at the moment but I still can't walk to far by myself so unfortunately its only a short walk around the green in front of our home. Fingers crossed you stay infection free and the headache and pains ease xx