352553posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Highlighted

Re: February 2019 chemo starters

Big harvest moon last nightBig harvest moon last nightSunset before giant moonSunset before giant moon

Highlighted

Hi Sonia, I did go back to sleep after 2 hours of being online. When are you thinking of going back to work? I am going to speak to my GP about a phased return. I know I need a nap in the afternoons so I'll probably opt to come home by lunchtime. I just don't want to build up too quickly and then end up feeling rubbish.

Highlighted

Seaside, it’s horrid when you can’t sleep, especially when your brain won’t rest. Hopefully you managed to get back off to sleep. 

Mare you able to do phase return, but I know what you mean about worrying about going back, it’s definitely on my mind now xxx 

Highlighted

Well it's the middle of the night and I'm wide awake. 

Popped into school today and that always sends my mind whirring. I am hoping to return to work after half term but not sure how many hours I'll cope with in the beginning. Rosina, dropping a day sounds good if that is an option. I often wonder how I'll ever cope with full time hours again.

As for September weddings, mine was going to be in August but then it would have meant that a lot of people couldn't make it due to being on holiday so we opted for September instead. We were only 21 at the time but had been together since we were 16. We met at school during our A levels after I had just moved to MK. 

I haven't experienced anything which would suggest former lives, etc but have had premonitions via my dreams. 

Really need to try and get back to sleep now. This is what worries me about returning to work as I seem to have at least 2 or 3 nights a week where I am awake for hours. The other night I only slept for 3 hours in total. Not good. I went to the cinema the following day and slept my way through most of the Lion King. 

Hope you all have a good Saturday. I'll try not to spend most of mine asleep although at this rate I might have to.

Sar xxx

Highlighted

Evening,

interesting posts to catch up on.

Bonkers day today at work ( both support staff absent and various kiddies had wobbles) I ate my lunch when I got home at 5 pm.

Managed but seriously considering dropping a day instead of returning full time.

Went for a good walk to just re-calibrate as it was a glorious evening.

My friend was waitingMy friend was waiting

I too keep a very open mind. I also believe in premonitions and gut feelings .

I also have had dreams about events that have come to pass in the future.

Goodnight to all,

Rosina

PS I can come up to London on a Saturday or Sunday. If I get round to dropping a day I hopefully will have another option ( hopefully I can get Monday’s). Let’s see.

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

Just caught up with the posts since I popped in for a quick read whilst I was at the hospital. Spooky reading😨👻👽👽😱. Don't have night mares. 

Have a good evening xxxxx

Highlighted

wow ladies I am very open minded on this subject, I love hearing all the stories.

I meant to say the other day here is how you sign up to messenger without face book.

To use Messenger without a Facebook account:
  1. Download the Messenger app.
  2. Open the Messenger app, enter your phone number and tap Continue.
  3. Once you've confirmed your phone number, add your name and photo to get started. You'll have the option to sync your contacts so you can message anyone in your phone.
Can I sign up for Messenger if I don't have a Facebook account?

https://www.facebook.com › help › messenger-app

We are called February warriors, let me know the name you have signed up with, then I'll add you to the group, so we can still get our fix when the site is down xxx

Highlighted

I love that! I'm defo open minded....I've a couple of experiences I just can't explain....I have a strong sense of " being looked after" I just know someone or something has my back......doesn't stop me from worrying though! 

Highlighted

Wow Marlyn, that is pretty amazing. I do love to hear about these kind of experiences. In a slightly different vein...... In the 1980’s when my brother had a house in South East London, I wash washing my face in his bathroom one night and was tapped on the shoulder, turned around and was on my own. Turned back round to the basin and was tapped again. Never moved so quickly as i did out of that bathroom. I only told my husband at the time until my brother a year or so later told me that he thought the bathroom may be haunted as his little girl had run out of the bathroom crying and saying someone had pulled her plait while she was brushing her teeth. Spooky eh? I keep an open mind on all these matters. X😱👻 xxx

Highlighted

NettInoo,

i do believe in past lives, without sounding like a complete fruit loop I think I was in the First World  war, and in another life died drowning......also when we were young we had a family holiday in France and we all felt we had been there before, my sister and mum were even able to describe things in detail .....and later have these details confirmed when visiting them....it was all very odd and surreal...

another strange story was when my sister was about 10 she was playing on her own in our front room, she suddenly ran out screaming she had seen a man with shiny black boots black trousers with a red stripe down the sides , bright red coat and a big tall fuzzy black hat.....well....fast forward to 1985 , who was wearing that outfit in the same place my sister saw him? My hubby!! He was in his welsh guards uniform.......spooky or what?! 

Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

Edinbird, it makes me cross when they say you can refer yourself and then you can't. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Made me smile hearing all the reasons for why you all got married in September. we had to get married in July as football season finished, but be back from honeymoon in time for pre season training. 

Well they have given me so Naproxen for my hands, magic wand isn't helping, I phone the trial team to asked if I can continue with the Aspirin Trial, they have said I can stay on the Naproxen for  2 weeks, but did I want to try paracetamol first, err i tried that first. I've just requested what will hopefully be my last sick not for a while, I want to try and get back to work in October, hopefully my hands would have settled by then..

Marilyn, you make me smile. I love your sense of humour, and who knows who we were in our last life, my youngest sister when she was younger used to talk about things she'd seen and done, which were accurate but she had never been to those places. She did out grow it, they say young minds are more susceptible.

Netti, I hope you manage to sort something out for your mum, It must be a real worry for you.

Rosina, hope your managing to juggle the work/home life balance.

Sarah, I love seeing all the street art, I will defiantly be looking out for it in the future, its no something I ever knew existed to that degree. 

Seaside, i loved your photos, you look so happy, and looking good.

Trixie, Glad you had a lovely holiday, and i see you have brought back the weather, if only delayed for a while 🙂

Well my cohort are graduating today, feeling a little sad I'm not there but also feeling like I need to get my life back in order.  I need to get back on track with the dieting, and exercise. I'm away again this weekend, but I'm feeling like I need to crack on with it all now. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend xx

Highlighted

Nettie yes I did she was very kind, advised me of some relaxation workshops they run but they’re either at 11am or 1pm which is not wonderful when my rads are at 8.30am 🙄 I might stop for the 11am one but it’s so long to sit around waiting feeling like you’re in the way and still having to think about cancer because of where you are. She also mentioned a menopause clinic but whilst she said I can self refer I looked online and seemingly you can’t... so I need to call the doctors again and ask if I can be referred. More hassle.

Highlighted

Not at all Marlyn, I think I lived in an Anglo Saxon settlement as a boy in a previous life. I went to a re-enactment of an Anglo Saxon once and had this very strange feeling of being somewhere very similar as a boy. Weird eh? 

Edinbird, did you have a chat with someone at Maggies? I haven’t been given any info about who I should speak to if I need to. Macmillan I suppose. I’m not surprised you are feeling down. It’s such a tough time for you. I hope you are able to do something nice this weekend. Xxxx

Highlighted

No need to apologise edinbird, this is our safe place.....I don't think anything could shock us anymore, I expect we've all changed somewhat.

We never had children, they just didn't happen for us, I look back and think maybe that was a good thing? I'll never know now....unless I wait until I'm 74  and go to India for fertility treatment ( like that silly woman in the news last week) I have to admit that the thought of child birth scares the hell out of me...perhaps I died in child birth in a former life? Now you all really do think I'm nuts!!! Lol 😝 

Highlighted

Well I feel positively boring and sensible compared to you lot! We bought our first house after I saved for a deposit (I was working first as Graham was doing his PhD and I didn’t pay into a pension in my first couple of jobs - funny how things work out eh) and then said right we can get married now - we had been engaged 5 years when we did. So picked later in the year as it would be less busy and after our birthdays. We have been together almost 21 years. And I’ve never been pregnant never wanted to be and never will with cancer and menopause as it stands. Unless I was not to be in the child’s life I would never dream of bringing one into this world where there is an increased risk of leaving it without a mother and it having to watch me die! Sorry that’s so morbid, I’ve never been maternal but I would have some sense of responsibility.

Sorry to lower the tone! Fed up at the moment 😔

Highlighted

Nettienoo.

My mum in law is a staunch catholic but thank goodness we get on like a house on fire ( strange saying)! 

In fact I'm taking her to see downton abbey in a bit..

Will you be on the clondrate? I'm in a routine with it now....I asked the nurse about going away and she said it doesn't hurt to miss some days...so that's a relief...

glad to hear your doi g ok....well....as ok as you can e with what you've been going through....xxxxx

Highlighted

Marlyn, my husband’s mother was deeply involved in the church when we met and wanted him to marry one of the nice young ladies from the church youth section who wore sensible shoes and no make up. She wasn’t happy I was an out and out atheist who wore low cut tops,  skirts with side splits and high heels. She thought I was a floozy and still does. X

Highlighted

Daisydi, sorry to hear you aren’t sleeping with worrying about your mum’s situation. Fingers crossed things get sorted asap for you all. Xx

Highlighted

Hahaha, thanks for the giggles this morning my darlings. I think we all share a similar sense of humour and one reason we get on so well. 

It will be 36 years married this year. Nick was 19 and I was 24. My mother in law viewed me as some kind of female predator....we have never got on. She said it wouldn’t last. Proved her wrong didn’t we? Imp, we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best back then so I could have been pregnant well before the wedding. Sheer luck that I wasn’t. 😂

Trixielady, I’m doing ok my darling. Thank you for thinking of me. I’m generally feeling quite well apart from aching joints, reflux problems and fatigue. Some of this probably due to settling in to daily Anastrazole. Coming up to 3 weeks o. It now so hopefully things will improve. I’m seeing Onco in about 5 weeks so will see how things are by then. I’ll probably be starting on the Sodium c....? (Can’t recall name) too then.

I’m trying to build up my stamina but find if I have a busy day, I’m exhausted by teatime and just want my bed. I normally fight it and end up flat out on the sofa in the evening snoring until my husband forces me to wake up and go to bed. I am off to Amsterdam for the weekend 2 weeks today so desperately need to find more energy from somewhere. I’m out walking as much as possible with dogs and into town and back. I think I just need a bit more patience. 

How are you doing and little Trixie? I bet she missed you when you were away. My son is here looking after our two when we go away but I will probably have to FaceTime them at some point and pretend I’m checking on my son’s wellbeing. 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Xxx

Highlighted

I know Susie, its an awful lot.  My mum worked all her life and ok she gets a decent pension but it goes straight on her care.  Ive been awake all night worrying again!  If it was for the long term we couldnt do it but it will make us happy to be able to spend some quality time with her.

Implausible you naughty girl!

Highlighted

Morning everyone 

Edinbird, loved the Doctors and Nurses joke. Had me in stitches😆😆😆😃

Daisydi, £200 a week extra is an awful lot. I often question why this kind of care can't be brought under the NHS as it is not a life style choice but the result of illness. I'm not an advocate of tax/national insurance increases but at least the burden of the cost of care would be spread around.

Marlyn, don't forget the Christmas Markets, lights and retail therapy🛍🛍🛍🛍 whilst you're in London.

Well I've got the joys of PICC care at 12:30 today. What else would I be doing on a Friday? Perhaps I'll do a bit of clothes shopping👖👕👚👠 first after I started a clear out earlier in the week 

Have a good day everybody. xxxxx   

Highlighted

His battalion was being posted to Germany.....I simply couldn't bare to be without him. Everyone said it wouldn't last......think we proved them all wrong by now. His mum wanted him to marry a " nice Welsh girl " he got one from slough instead! I tease her about that now! 

Highlighted

I was pregnant and needed to get married quick before it showed!!  😄

Highlighted

Hi daisydi 

September wedding? Briefly, Paul and I got together after just being friends in the office from Jan 76, started dating in the May, prior to hubby joinining the RAF in Aug. After seeing each other at weekends only or less, from Aug 76 to Mar 78 we decided enough was enough. So we figured 6 months would allow enough time to get things organised, hence a Sept wedding.  Family thought we were too young to get married, I was 21, Paul was 20, but here we are about to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary 💑.. .  

Highlighted

Happy 10th wedding anniversary Edinbird x

PS wonder why you all got married in September?

Highlighted

Happy wedding anniversary Edinbird 💑💝 

Love Susie xxxx

Highlighted

Edinbird....I'm lolling out loud....good one 🤣 

Implausible....if your in that there London in December would love to meet up! Got tickets to see only fools 4th, Christmas lunch 5th.....

goi g to jump on the anniversary band wagon....it's mine on sat....34 years wed....what can I say? I was a child bride! 🤣 

Highlighted

I'll reply later properly but happy anniversary everyone! (Including Susie's coming up)

Must be the time of year for it as it was my 30th wedding anniversary a couple of days ago too (I was married 9/9/89), not that I celebrate mine much 😄

As for London trips.  I'm in London a lot, often work down there midweek, plus I could hop on a train easily pretty much any monday or Friday, so if any of you are ever there and want to meet up for a coffee, just yell.

And Edinbird.... I'm amused:D

Highlighted

Just saw this hopefully we are far enough along from any similar traumas to be amused 😏

E80F8A4E-E186-4810-BA75-82948EE2B459.jpeg

Highlighted

Hi Nettienoo, how are you doing? Xx

Highlighted

Happy 10th Anniversary Lisa and husband. Xxxx

Highlighted

Happy Anniversary to you both, unless i have it wrong its Seaside Sar 25th and Edinbird's 10th xxx

Highlighted

Seaside, congratulations to you and your husband on 25 years. You must have been schoolkids when you married as neither of you look old enough to be married that long. Xx

Highlighted

Sorry I’ve been sitting round feeling sorry for myself 😞

My nails are poop too, one nearly snapped halfway down a week ago and I filed it down and it’s been ok but it is split. You can see all the ridges from the docetaxel. No danger of them falling off but they have weak lines across them. Been meaning to paint them to try and strengthen them but haven’t been bothered and actually I don’t want a false sense of security on it. It’s on my right hand otherwise I would be stressing about it catching and bleeding on the bad side. You can see the ridges

E7A56342-0C5C-42EA-89D3-82CDBAC911B9.jpeg

It’s our 10th wedding anniversary today. Not doing anything in particular. He’s in the kitchen making some dinner.

I spoke to Sandra the other day but hadn’t got round to saying. She was happy for me to let you know what’s what. Veronica has had her rads and is now on Letrozole and Zoladex, but is having nightmares pretty much every night and Sandra herself is still struggling and suffering panic attacks 😕 she’s trying to finish her studies ASAP and has had no luck with job applications. She’s said she’s afraid of feeling a failure and coming on here to report that. I’ve told her that we are here to support and not judge and she should say hi when she’s ready. I sent her love from us all. And she sends us all big hugs 🤗 

Highlighted

Hi all

Just had a phone call to see if I can attend my radiotherapy planning session next Thursday, so things are moving forward. Husband's got to change his leave around, again, to drive me there. My car is booked in for it's MOT and service the same day, not that I would drive to Taunton anyway. So Monday day out with hubby to celebrate 41st wedding anniversary, Tuesday Tesco shop and goodness knows what else, Weds bloods and onc appt, Thurs Taunton, Friday chemo. What an exciting week awaits. ☺☺☺☹☹☹☹. xxxx   

Highlighted

Hi Marlyn

That made me chuckle😅😆😆😂. We're in  London from the 9th returning home on the 12th so we just miss you. It would have been great to meet up. I did think about going up the week before but wanted to make sure I was ok after rads and didn't want to be there on my birthday (5th Dec) as we were there for my 60th which was pretty special. No we're not staying at the Ritz☹ but the Radisson Blu Hampshire. xxx      

Highlighted

Love the nails Marlyn ( although for me this would be a long length).

Implausible: Can I second Nettinoo’s comment about a good beautician knowing how to use acrylic to fix a nail.

I once had a split thumb nail and the nail lady was able to fix it using acrylic ( it’s a powder that she then turned into a paste and it ‘cemented ‘ my split nail- it actually helped it to heal). She then put gel polish over that.

Fab photo Seasidesar, I think your hair looks great.

Official hours at school are  Monday (2 .5)+Tuesday (4 ) + Wednesday ( 4) + Thursday 2.5 and Friday (7) = 20 hours.

However this doesn’t include the 30 minutes that I arrive earlier every day so it’s more like 22.5. So far so good.

Got my eyes tested today and I am getting an improved and more ‘with it’ pair of reading glasses.

Car passed its MOT so pleased about this too. 

Can’t believe it’s Friday already tomorrow!!!

Edinbird , hope the sleeping is better.

I am usually in bed by 8.30 so that I can be up for 6 am.

MBJ, how are you?

Ocean21 - flower pics please.

Anything else : cinema tip off - the film adaptation of ‘The Goldfinch ‘ is soon to be released in the UK. The book was amazing :

The Goldfinch

Highlighted

Afternoon all, firstly congrats on your wedding anniversary Seaside Sar.  You look lovely.  Re nails it was acrylics my sister had not gel.  They look good Maryln.  As for my mum well we had to get social services involved as she gets a contribution towards her care and they have to do an assessment and they cant give me a date as she is not urgent as she is safe and already in care.  The new home is £200 a week more than where she is at and they wont fund that so my sister and I will have to fund it but we feel that she deserves it for the last chapter in her life.  So flippin expensive.  We just now have to wait for the assessment and hope the home keeps the room for us but I have a funny feeling they wont as they wanted to move her next week.  The senior carer is coming to meet my mum tomorrow morning and we really like her but it may be that we have to wait a bit longer.  Social services said my mum cannot be hoisted onto a stair lift so until they agree to move her she is in isolation!  More stress ....

Highlighted

Chemo brain strikes again!!!! Where did I get Piccadilly from? When you clearly wrote Leicester Square!!!!

Highlighted

Susie, when in Dec are you in London? We are there from the 3 4 5 ....staying at the hard rock hotel Marble Arch....are you staying at the ritz??? That's a special hotel in Piccadilly! Xx

Highlighted

Hi everyone 

Firstly congratulations Seaside Sar on your 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. You both look very happy. As an aside the tiles on the wall have taken me straight back to Istanbul. On the long hair/short hair preference have you thought of an inverted Bob, think that's what it's called but could be wrong. Anyway I had one for a while after I finished work. Basically it's long at the front and short at the back. Actually it might even be a graduated bob. Perhaps someone can help me out here,  bloomin chemo brain😩😩😩.

Daisydi you seem a lot happier☺ now that you may have found a new home for your mum.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you🤞. As for your own move to Norfolk it's surprising what events can occur to encourage us to make great leaps into the unknown. 

I'm glad to know that I am not alone in saying the wrong words and being in complete denial of what I have said. My brain still thinks I've said the right word. I'll try not to challenge Paul next time I say fridge instead of oven or tell him it's pasta for dinner when I mean stir-fry. Mind you I haven't tried to put rubbish in the dishwasher yet, which is what my husband attempted to do the other day😅😆😆😃. What made it funnier was that he even asked me to move as I was stood in front of said dishwasher.

As for hair (bum fluff) appearing on people's faces, me too🦁. Mine actually unexpectedly arrived after FEC finished but disappeared after my 1st round of TC. Wonder if it'll come back? Hope not. As for everywhere else, no regrowth yet. My eyebrows and eye lashes are still hanging on, just. As for bags under my eyes I'm sure I could put a weekly shop on them🛍🛍🛍😀😀, especially after a week like last week. My nails seem to be ok. I've used dark varnish on my toe nails. A first for me as I've never had nail varnish on my toe nails before. It took a while for my husband to get used to it. I might do it again next year just for fun. Something good has to come out of this bc. I'm using Evonail on my finger nails.   

Well I've booked our hotel for our trip up to London in December. We've been several times in recent years  so if I'm too tired we won't feel as though we've missed out on things. Still intend to go to the Hyde Park Xmas Market, but will go on the Monday or Tuesday when it's not so busy. If we have to cancel, which I'm sure we won't, there's no penalty for cancellation and we've got until check in time to decide. Mind you it is a rather special hotel we use in Leicester Square. 

Implausible excellent news regarding your holiday insurance. We were with Tescos but had to change insurance company as Tesco no longer do holiday insurance. As for our summerhouse we make use of it for as long as possible. The wardrobe make over is going well. Will definitely need some new tops when everything is sorted. I keep wondering why I've hung onto certain items. Hey ho!!

Right I've now got the Facebook messenger (message) app. Help what do I do with it now and how do I use it? Answers on a post card.

Well I think that's about it. Hopefully I've caught up with most of the gossip. Thinking of you both Edinbird and MBJ. Hope you are both receiving the help and support you want or need. Hope all is well with you Deano too. Let us know when you feel up to it.

Love to you all xxxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

What has been going on with this forum?? Couldn't get on here since Monday. Boo!

Love all the photos...nice hair (and lashes) Nettie, also Sarah, Marlyn (lovely nails), Susie and Sonia. Looking good!

Daisy, just want to send you a big hug. Also, Edinbird 💕

Rosina, hope you're having a good day at work. Don't let the little things bother you, although I can vouch for how annoying it is when things go walkabouts. How many hours/days are you doing now and how are you feeling?

Sarah, I did enjoy the hockey, thanks. The difference in quality is noticeable but the atmopshere made up for it. Looking forward to the weekend already.

I've had a busy week so far. Husband and I celebrated our silver wedding anniversary on Tuesday so we had a meal in a Turkish restaurant. It was very nice. Have also kept up the exercise routine with aqua, barre and a class called Sh'bam, which is basically dancing like mad. It hurt a bit so I'm not too sure I'll be booking that one again!

Going to a cancer and beyond talk this evening. Looking forward to hearing what they've got to say.

Out for another meal at the weekend, this time with parents and our children.

No wonder I need so much exercise with all this eating out!

Hope you're all having a good day.

Sar xxx

25 years of marriage!!25 years of marriage!!

Highlighted

fantastic!  that's about the length/shape I want, I don't want claws 🙂  

I might pop into one when I'm in town tomorrow, and get it done now if they accept walk ins, so I can see what it is like, and then get them done again in 3 weeks just before I jet off....

exciting times, I'm fed up of them being all raggedy and falling apart

Highlighted

It's covering up all kinds of brown/ white lines and imperfections.....she said it will even prevent my thumb nail splitting ( it's splitting halfway down) 

Highlighted

What do we think?What do we think?

Highlighted

All this talk of nails gave me the urge this morning to walk in a nail bar and get mine done, I've had gel nails which apparently will last me 3 weeks....will post a pic! 

Highlighted

Ta

Not sure how I'd tell the difference between a good one and a rubbish one.  I'll see if any of the far girlier-than-I ladies at work recommend a place.... 

Highlighted

Implausible you don’t need nails stuck on. They should be able to build you up a new nail with acrylic and then harden it under a lamp. I had it done when I lost a toe nail. The new nail just grew underneath. Go to a proper beauticians that does nails where they do all the filing etc purely by hand though not one of those cheap nail shops that have sprung up everywhere. Xx

Highlighted

Ah cool.  I just wanted to know that it was possible before I walked into a nail place and they laughed me out of the shop 😄

Thanks ladies

Highlighted

My sister bites her nails really short and has had gel nails stuck on.  You can have them as long or short as you want but must admit I've never been near a nail parlour.

Rosina would that be a dispenser?