62348members
328145posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2019 chemo starters

Re: February starters 2019 - yes, we rule!

Morning Edinbird, 

Thank you! We will do well ☺️Mine is at 12.00

I an getting the transport to the hospital and back, it’s such a long drive. 

I am currently drinking loads of water and will make something to eat, then I’m hoping it will be time to leave 😁

I will message you later, thinking of you xxx 

Morning Rosina 

Was just texting you to find out how you are ? Was it your 2nd chemo last week? I find it difficult keeping up at the moment xx

Morning Trixielady, 

Things are going well, thank you for asking xx  I have my second cycle today. Initially, I was nervous but I’m turning it into a positive and feel I am one step closer to being normal again and for chemo to be over 😉. 

How is all with you? X 

Morning Sandra 

Hope your daughter gets the support from her oncologist she needs this week. How's the her wound doing ? have her BC nurses upt their game yet ? Xx

Your little baby is so cute xx

Morning, 

Hi Trixielady , no I haven’t noticed posts from Stargazer1 , Sissy60 or Ocean21, for some time.

I hope that they are all ok.

Rosina

Morning, has anyone seen at post from Stargazer1 not sure if she's ok?? I think it might have been or is her 3rd chemo soon xx

Mjb and sandraindurham i do hope you get something positive out of onco appointment, they really are the lynchpin in all this can make all the difference, I've seen 2 different ones and have been very lucky, they both couldn't say enough about how it was about making me as well as possible during chemo....keeping well and adjusting meds...and this cycle has been loads better..so far! 

Implausable...copper? Of course he counts! He was uniform! Xxx

edinbird...have a smooth one today...xx

nettinoo....hope your back home today....I'm sure you will feel better once in your own surroundings xx

hope we all have as good day as we can......and here's to a good bowel movement this morning...don't want a repeat performance of last time! Eek!!! Love you all xxx

Morning Ally2019 

How's things going with you hunny ? Xx

Morning Implausible, the photo with your boys is lovely, I still have trouble trying to get  a photo with my son, when's your next chemo ? Xx

Morning Nintendo 

Hope your well today and your blood count is back up  hopefully you'll definitely get home today xx

Implausible, yes of course police count. 😉 x

To all who have difficult discussions to carry out today, chemo sessions this week, I am thinking of you my lovelies. Xxxx

Morning Edinbird 

Good luck for today,hope you enjoy your bus ride xx

Morning MBJ 

Hope your review goes well and the oncologist is able to answer and questions you may have xxx

Thanks Ally you too!

I’m not until 2.30 so pottering around this morning. Getting the bus so I don’t have to drive back and husband will pick me up, first bus journey since treatment started so gonna sit up the back out the way with hand gel! It pretty much takes me door to door though so all good

Just need to keep my hair tidy. Keep finding knots in it and then loads comes out when I unpick... still completely unnoticeable to look at me though. It’s totally greasy and disgusting but chemo is not a special enough occasion to deserve a wash and they’re gonna stick conditioner on it anyway for the cap so maybe later!

Good luck

to all who have appointments and chemotherapy this week.

Love Rosina xxx

Oh Sandra, I love your little ballerina!!! ❤

I was also supposed to see my oncologist for a review meeting this morning, before dose 2 tomorrow, but he rung me yesterday to cancel as he's torn his cruciate ligament playing football, and can't drive for a month!  "Physician, heal thyself" as they say Smiley Happy

So we had a quick chat on the phone instead, which caught me a little on the hop as I was out for a walk and hadn't yet thought through any questions I wanted to ask him.... but the main upshot was that, as I've got through cycle 1 relatively smoothly he is going to leave my drug regime the same for 2 and 3, and then see me in April before we change from FEC to T

Still have to go into the hospital this morning anyway, but now just for bloods.  Fingers crossed my levels are sufficient to go ahead tomorrow.

So many ex forces wives in here.  I dated a policeman once a long time ago if that counts, closest I've got to a soldier Smiley Happy and my best pal now is also a policeman.  Well he was, he retired last month (and misses his job so much that he has been in a total strop ever since!)

Good luck to anyone chemo-ing today, I know there were a couple of you on the Monday before me last time....

Sarah x

Good morning ladies, 

Good luck Edinbird for today 🤗 xx 

MBJ

Nettienoo thanks I will look now

MBJ, I’ve sent you a personal message rather than fill up the thread with my long ramblings. Xxx

MBJ

Hi Sandrainduram

I know what you mean.There was no discussion with mine before chemo just a list of side effects. I expect tomorrow he will just let me do what I want. It would be good though to discuss it. Well we will see I will let you all know tomorrow. 

MBJ, my daughter will have her review this week as-well but she does not know if she will continue.

If her onco does not listen, what is the point?

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo 

I have my first chemo review tomorrow morning. Feeling nervous as it's such a  huge decision to stop chemo, but I was so ill I just can't see how I can risk it again. I would be interested Nettienoo how you feel about your experience this week and how you feel about the next dose. Have you been given any advice about it yet? 

MBJ

WAW Sandrainduram

She is a real cutie pie. I bet she can twist you around her little paw.

Oh my, my heart just melted. What a cutie. X

And this is our little baby

Dea 2019.jpgDeaBALALINA.jpgBallerina

Haha the only live in chaps in my house have 4 legs!  Could do with someone to look after me too though x

Implausible, 😂😂😂😂 we may be waxing lyrical over our other halves but remember, as well as being useful around the house, they also leave beardy stuff round your nice clean basins, spend hours on the loo and then exit leaving an aroma so awful you need to don a nuclear warfare suit to enter, they never get the concept of actually putting things in the dishwasher rather than next to it and when they cook they use every utensil and pan going and don’t even start me on the consequences of a “lads night out” comprising multiple real ales and a huge curry before they stagger home! 

You’re fine without one love. Xxxxx😷😝😂

Aw my friend has an African Grey called Kaia 😍

Hi Edinbird, we lived there until 2012, we had a tea room in the city centre. Then we, me and my daughter, decided to go back to education, moved to Durham in 2012, and since then there was a Ba, an MA and a PhD for her, and a BA with ministry training for me (I am currently doing an MA in religious heritage.. totally failling, half- crazy with all this).

It is just the two of us, plus dog, plus two African greys, since my husband passed away in 2004.

I really miss Norwich, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYNOXRifXKQ   

Let me know now if this works, a friend sent it me.....in tears now...xx

You lot are almost making me want a live in chap!  I didn't know they could be useful!!  I thought they just got in the way Smiley Happy

Hi all

Yep Marlyn,  Paul is brilliant, but don't tell him I said that, and yes, funny old thing, Nettienoo he's excellent at ironing. All that bullsh't in the early days of training has come in very handy☺. Good news about your blood count today.

It's been brilliant today discussing things other than just bc and it's treatment, etc.Makes us all seem more human. xxx

Susieb,

your husband sounds just like Martin, he's been busy sorting bed out due to same problem also he had all my chemo caps out brushing out all the wee hairs....now...that's love..

Its nice getting to know you all better....sisters in arms xxxxx

I’m loving hearing about everyone’s lives. You are becoming real people to me rather than some imagined figure. It’s also nice to chat about something different in between our very necessary chemo chats. Quite honestly I don’t think I could have got through this last week in almost isolation without you lovely ladies. Good news is today’s blood test has shown my counts are rapidly improving. I have some immunity back. So should be home tomorrow. 

Susie B, Yes, It’s very useful having an ex forces husband. He’s very capable when it comes to keeping the home going and he’s definitely better at ironing. Xxx

MBJ

Hi Nettienoo

You both look lovely and very happy. Cute children where have the years gone to. Wish mine were little again I have two grandchildren aged 14 (going on 21) and 12. They have grown up so quickly, and been living in the middle East for the last 6, years so don't see them very much. But great news they are all coming home on 29th March for two weeks. My lovely daughter came home on her own for a week when I had my mastectomy in November. We also saw them at Christmas time. So really not too bad. 

Afternoon everyone one this rather wet and windy day in Somerset, snowy further north it seems.

OMG, all the lovely photos, cats, dogs, kids, romantic times and all the chat about where you either live or have lived, we really are opening up just as new friends form new bonds. Whilst my husband was in the RAF we did a round trip of Enland and Wales. I'm Hampshire born.  We met in 1976 aged 18 and 19, I'm  the elder by 11 months, and married in Sept 1978. Similar to you Nettienoo, several family members said it would never last, not my mother-in-law, though, she eloped!!  Anyway we celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary in Sept last year, only to be hit with BC bombshell 3 months later. Anyway our round trip took us from Hampshire to various RAF stations near Swindon, Chester, well North Wales to be exact, St Ives Cambridgeshire, Basingstoke, Oxford (I stayed in Basingstoke), then finally ended up here near Yeovil.His final posting was to a naval station and many people asume he's ex Navy. He hates that☹. I don't know if it's the forces background, or the type of person who choses to join up, but my husband has just taken over all the jobs I normally do a round the house, got me organised, and just been totally supportive throughout.. He even vacumed the bed this morning as so much of my hair came out last night. He's also spoiling me rotten too☺. Love him to bits❤.

As for me, it's taking me a while to get back to normal since my 2nd chemo session  on 1st March. After hearing about you both, Trixielady and Nettienoo, I certainly don't feel so silly about not having a shower if I don't feel 100% and both my husband and son have both gone to work. Collapsing in the shower wouldn't be great🚿. Just hope my bloods are ok. 

Thank you everyone for being there ❤❤

Marlyn, 

B33E1E38-B662-4056-8309-D3684D9FB313.jpegHappy memories from Cyprus outside their school. They are all grown up now!

84DEAE9A-F660-4019-A126-FEF1C61E0CF5.jpeg

Marlyn,Cyprus we lived in Episkopi. Children were at school 7.30am until lunchtime. Every day was a beach day. Loved it. Germany......we were in Minden. Daughter born at BMH Rinteln. X

Nettienoo 

we also did Cyprus...Nicosia...with un...loved it there...also Germany twice, both times hohne...

Northern Ireland, Salisbury, London, bath...think that's it! 

Xxxxx

Implausible, you and your 3 boys! 😍 x

Aw Sandra when was that? I’ve never lived in Norwich itself always outside but along with Beccles I consider it my home xx best football team in the Championship 😁💚💛

Susie B always nice to chat with ex forces wives. As a forum group we seem to have a lot in common, places, sporting interests and of course love for our pets. Amazing!

Marlyn, my husband was Royal Signals. We spent time in Germany, Blandford Forum, Bicester and Cyprus.  Neither of us are from Stafford originally. We settled there when Nick left the Army as Stafford was his dad’s last posting in the RAF. We used to visit and liked it. My brother in law is ex Navy and now Police. I think as a family we’ve covered it all. 😂. 

Daisydi, I used to live in Norwich, I love Norfolk!!!

Nettienoo,

no, hubby was welshguards...33 years, we ended up in Telford as mum in law is here. 

He now works as a retired officer as assistant regimental adjutant with the welshguards...he works from home so I'm uber lucky to have him around...

what was your hubby in? I loved being an army wife...would do it all again in a heartbeat xxx

Hi Nettienoo and Marlyn 

Snap, my husband is ex forces, RAF for 30 years, followed by 4 years full time volunteer reserve, then joining the MOD in 2010. He went to the Faulklands in 1984  to repair Sea King helicopters. He flew down to Ascension island then sailed on an ocean liner, can't remember her name, but it was used for school kids overseas travels (educatioal), not at all comfortable by all accounts⛴.    

Marlyn, you were a forces’ wife like me then? My husband is ex army. Telford? I’m thinking RAF? X

Instead of me and a doting man, here's me and the three men I dote on Smiley Happy

This was taken 2 years ago, at a funeral hence me wearing a sensible blouse, very unusual Smiley Happy  it was the last time all 3 of my sons and I were in the same place.  And it had been 3 years before that.  Rare occasion, hence happy momma smile Smiley Happy

FB_IMG_1552216477049.jpg

MBJ

Hi Marlyn 

Lovely photo of you both. Let's all hope for happpier and healthier days to come. 

My "what a lovely photo" was for MBJ but Marlyn, you two too!